TOPS [ONE]

All-in-one app for managing condos, HOAs & co-ops

TOPS [ONE] Reviews

Pros

We are thrilled we found TOPS. It has saved our organization a tremendous amount of time and for that we are thankful.

Coreen M.

The Tops system has facilitated my company’s growth by providing a reliable, comprehensive property management system that easily accommodates new communities as fast as I can sign them up.

Veronica Z.

I am extremely happy that it is tailored for HOA Management. The support team is fantastic.

Vicki R.

Cons

TOPS software is the worst association management software there is. If you call up with a system wide problem they will show you how to fix it in one community, and then tell you to do the rest.

Stephen C.

The worst software I have ever used. There are so many issues with this software.

Carla C.

Does not work well with large communities that have a lot of data, reports take to long to process.

Cathy W.

3.7

Easy to use, easy to train staff on. Great product

To run our company most efficiently.

Pros

It is web based so as long as you have an internet connection you can use it. It is very user-friendly to use, the people at TOPS are without a doubt outstanding to work with. One time we had an issue and TOPS staff spent the time on the phone with us to show us what WE were doing wrong not TOPS ONE.

Cons

We have used several products in the past and I can honestly say TOPS ONE blows them all away. There is not much in the way of bad things to say, with all software there are bugs and things we as users would love to see but the thing about TOPS ONE is they care and listen so if you are looking for something specific just ask, reach out to them talk to them they will accommodate you.

David, thank you so much for your kind words! we had a strong vision (http://www.topssoft.com/one/roadmap) when we built TOPS [ONE] to make a product that successfully served ALL of the stakeholders of a community association in one single platform. It is encouraging when customers can intuit and embrace that vision!

This reviewer only left a rating

I am the Vice President and General Manager for Steward Property Services, Inc., located in Petaluma, CA. We are a small company that has a strong local reputation that has been built over twenty years of managing Common Interest Developments from Ukiah to San Rafael. We have a unique take on managing HOAs and prefer to work toward a sense of community, rather than as enforcement agents. However, every...

Full of Bugs and No Support

Pros

The vendor has very nice and professional employees

Cons

The software is full of bugs and links mysteriously stop working. Print to screen might work on some reports, not others. Email a homeowner, no way. Cant open that link at all. After upgrading and buying the new Professional a year and a half ago the product is obsolete and not supported. They want us to pay additional $ a month to fix the errors in their program.

Jay, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion on TOPS. Feedback like yours keeps us honest and allows us to continually improve both as a company, and in our products themselves. I am very sorry to hear that you have had some problems using the software. As I am sure you know, every software program (even the big boys!) have issues that sneak their way into the code. This is why we offer...

Tops one review

Very good

Pros

I like that it is easy to maneuver to get to each platform

Cons

Too many enhancements that must be added that were not implemented from tops pro

TOPS One Worth the Effort - Paid off BIG Time!

Now that the pains of set up are over, we are all loving TOPS One. Since it is a new system they still have some bugs to work out; however, I have found the support team to be very responsive. Their enhancement program is nice, it allows you to recommend changes to upgrade the system to better suit your business needs. You will need to have a comprehensive plan in place, starting with the accounting transition and the patience to work through the transition. I learned a tremendous amount during this time and feel like I truly have a solid grasp on the accounting functions and reporting much better than beforehand.

Pros

Love having all property, accounting and resident information at my fingertips. Great for onsite managers. Provides real time reports and transparency of management operations to the board. Paying for itself double fold!

Cons

Set up was far from painless. Would definitely recommend the TOPS One Support Team find a way to assist in the transition by providing a comprehensive preparation plan.

Don't Bother with this

Mike Hardy please get the issues with your first program corrected and don't sell your new one so fast. You made a lot of people unhappy.

Pros

The first program is easy to use and for someone who has a hard time learning something new. That's all I have to say!

Cons

Something is always wrong with the program. A/R goes off all the time and have to fix financials. Always something wrong where you have to call support and call Trapps. They work off 2 servers. New TOPS One is a mess and they will sell you with the accounting being all wrong and more issues than the first program. They don't have the software down correctly, too busy, not the easiest to use, doesn't have everything you need because they are still working it all out. TOPS One started too fast and they aren't and still aren't ready. They shouldn't be selling it but they are worried more for money than anything. Do yourself a favor, go with another program.

Review of Top (One)

Overall, it's a good software package. It's constantly growing and changing with updates. I hope to eventually see it exceed our expectations.

Pros

TOPS (One) is a very easy program to learn. I find it more user-friendly than TOPS Pro, its predecessor. The TOPS customer support is great at accepting feedback and correcting and editing issues that need to be updated or changed to fit the industry.

Cons

The fact sheet is limited. It needs to be expanded and it lacks the capability to print it off. Also, once a homeowner's CCR is closed, it no longer shows on the homeowner's history page.

Greg's Review

I came into the property management business knowing nothing and tops for sure eased me into the business of it and now I am pretty comfortable with it all.

Pros

Easy to access and learn. Keeps everything organized I need on a daily basis.

Cons

Hard to edit tablets in the soft system. Wish you could do it instead of having to add a whole new one

Thank you for your feedback, Greg! It¿s always great to hear from those who are brand new to the industry, and we¿re so glad that using TOPS has helped your learning experience! Don¿t forget that you can access our educational content to learn more, not just about our software, but about industry best practices and know-how, on our website at www.topssoft.com.

Breath of Fresh Air

Like with TOPS Pro, it is an all-in-one solution. It has improved 100 fold by becoming web based with the portals. It was a bit of a learning curve switching from Pro to One but it is still very user friendly. I use it as a selling feature when pitching to potential clients. I love it and have no regrets on my purchase!

Pros

I love that it is cloud based and appealing to the eye. It is easy to add Board members as additional users and control what they can alter. Owners can log in to portals which makes it an inexpensive alternative to websites. I love all the partner integrations that they offer.

Cons

I wish it would further integrate with their partners. I also wish that it would remember some of the ways you like to toggle things instead of having to do it every time you log in.

What a delightful review Kathy! Thank you so much for your kind words! We do have much more planned for our industry partnerships in the future, so keep an eye on those product update notices!

Everything feature "Coming soon"

Pros

It's web based so you can use it anywhere including on your phone - with limited functionality do the design/style.

Cons

They seem to be more concerned with helping vendors in their add-on ecosystem then customers who pay them directly. Long wait times for support, even when paying for premium support. New system with flaw like: - submit a form and sometimes would post 2-3 times. - duplicating annual budgets - unable to delete certain data (deleting eventually became a "feature") - Current President Mike will over promise and under deliver deliver, and then deny any conversation. Or will schedule a follow up appointment and then block all correspondence instead of the follow up conversation - a complete lack of respect for my time.

TOPS Professional was built over a 30-year time-span. In that time, we added hundreds of features to aid in community association management. Writing TOPS [ONE] from scratch, we had to choose which of those features were essential to be able to produce a viable product. To help fill the holes we did not have ready, we cultivated strong relationships and integrations with industry partners. In...

Buyer Beware

Incredibly frustrating. Too many bugs with the software. Customer service is HORRIBLE! Days to a week will pass before somebody will finally return our calls about problems with the software.

Pros

Nothing....Absolutely nothing. Complete regrets choosing this software

Cons

"CCR" Need an area to separately track Compliance and Architecture Review.

Chris, Let me first apologize for the experience you've had, and thank you for your candid feedback. I know that since leaving this review, you've had conversations with our Director of Customer Experience, Teri Perez, as well as your Customer Success Manager, Lindsay, about your concerns with the CCR module and the expectations you have for our responsiveness. If you're willing, we'd all like...

Tops One is great but still needs some advance features

My overall experience with Tops One, considering I am a beginner with this software, has been a extensive learning one.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the easy navigation between the functions available. For example, posting payments thru the AR- Cash Receipts provided under the AR-Accounts Receivable tab. It's easy to post a payment on a unit owners account.

Cons

The least I like about the software are: 1) from an accountant perspective and having QuickBooks knowledge doing adjustments and rectifying ledger accounts are a bit confusing. The Debits and Credits seem to work backwards in this software which causes major confusion when making adjustments. 2) Is not having an auto function for bank transaction integration . Currently all deposits made through the...

Nina, thank you so much for submitting this feedback! We¿re always glad to hear that the software is simple to navigate, and while we know it comes with a bit of a learning curve, we hope that our training and implementation team has made that educational experience a pleasant one!

Please read before buying this! what a nightmare!!!

If your goal is to run your office efficiently then I suggest you do not use tops one!! I was so excited after talking to the sales rep about all the cool changes we could make and not one of the promises turned out! I have sent at least 10 emails to ask them when I am getting my training on the compliance and management side of the software and I was told the rep will call me and then after more...

Pros

Cons

One year later and still haven't been fully trained like I was promised they took thousands of dollars from me no problem. I have to pay on time but they don't have to deliver on anything. The support takes way too long to get answers or they don't have answers The emails only go out in Tops software's name and you can't customize the subject line if emailed not the scheduler Many people saying...

Marc, thank you for posting your review in so many places, we have really got to stop meeting like this! I know that you have spent excessive time with our support team and with Teri Perez, our support manager, and that you have experienced a resolution of many, if not all of the issues listed here. I appreciate that you continue to be a user of TOPS ONE, as a show of faith in our commitment to our clients and their needs. We promise to continue to work hard to win back your love and affection!

TOPS[ONE] exceeds our company's needs

I have always had an extremely good experience with TOPS from tech support to sales to management! I love the product!

Pros

TOPS[ONE] is an easy to use product. It is intuitive and has made the transition from TOPSPro to ONE a pretty smooth process. TOPS has recently upgraded their support and it is excellent. I get quick, knowledgeable help. Training was thorough. New, innovative services are continuously added. TOPS is extremely responsive to customer feedback and requests.

Cons

There are some things that aren't as easy to use as in TOPSPro, but after talking to TOPS, I have found out those things are coming in the 2nd quarter.

After 15 plus years with Tops we finally had to waive the white flag

Pros

On paper it looks great and appears to be a great value - if you are a single user this may be the product for you based on price.

Cons

This company has fallen behind so far compared with their competition. They stopped innovating and placed no value in customer support. We have 300 plus communities with multiple offices in multiple states and I could not recommend Tops to anyone but a self managed community. Tops was costing our company over $50k per year working out problems that should have been addressed by Tops. The amount of lost data and the rush to deliver new updates that have not been tested cost us so much. I am the owner and have tried everything to resolve the issues we had - we finally made a move and it was the best decision. It was painful but what a difference in made for our clients and team. I am the owner of the company and I would be happy to answer any questions: Justin Scott www.hoamco.com

Justin, words cannot express how disheartening it is to read your review. I have personally worked with HOAMCO over the years and you have always been a valued client. I can assure you that we have definitely not stopped innovating - quite the opposite, we have probably taken on more innovations than we really should have. With three major products to actively support, our customer service team has struggled in recent months to scale up to the demand of new clients. That is no excuse. We are actively making changes in our infrastructure to accommodate the demand, but I can understand (sadly) how this is too little, too late for you. We wish you the best.

Antiquated

The joke I have always used about Tops is that it was designed in 1991 and not updated since then. I fear that is too close to accurate.

Pros

It has nearly every feature that one could need for property management. They now have APIs that can be used with outside services which is helpful.

Cons

It is difficult to use and it is clunky. Contacting customer service is a disaster, takes at least an hour, and while they address the issues they will not explain how so that you can avoid the hour plus long call next time it happens (and there will be a next time)

Great HOA Software

TOPS ONE has been a great time saver for our large scale HOA, we are able to provide accurate financial billing and information to our homeowners.

Pros

I like the integration with other partners and the user friendly system

Cons

I would like to see more options for customizing the system to our needs

Thanks for your kind words Dana! We are so glad that TOPS ONE is saving you time and helping your board and homeowners! Our product team is always available to listen to feedback on how we can continue to improve the software to meet your needs. You can reach out to them via the support tools inside TOPS ONE.

TopsOne Review

Overall we are very happy with TopsOne. It was a slow start because there were many kinks that needed to be worked out but the IT staff were great and helped us along the way.

Pros

The versatility of the software. There is so much that this software is capable of doing.

Cons

The Cash Receipts option. It gets confused and applies money incorrectly at times. I wish you could edit the batch instead of having to delete and start over.

Hi Vicki! Thank you for letting us know about your issue with the Cash Receipts option. We¿ve forwarded this feedback on to the appropriate team. Our goal at TOPS is to constantly better ourselves and our products to best serve the needs of the industry and our clients. We¿ve also let our support staff know that you appreciate them! They love hearing from clients about the work they do. We look forward to continuing to serve you!

Most of the time the programs features do not work.

There were no benefits except to learn to read reviews before purchasing a product.

Pros

Easy of use when it does work, easy to navigate through. The cloud based is a nice feature as well.

Cons

It is just released before it is ready to be. Features don't work, the accounting is awful and when you try to get customer support you will pull your hair out. I takes over 48 hours to get someone to call you to tell you it's not something they can solve and has to go to Development which never gets solved.

Joanna, I am sorry to hear your frustrations. As you said, it is a new product and it is (and will continue) to be improved. In the time since you reviewed, we have made continual updates to the app, addressing many of the issues you mention. We would love to hear an update on your review if you feel your experience has improved!

Do Not Use

RUN AWAY FROM TOPS

Pros

Looks nice and seems easy to use at first glance but does not really work. Search bar was about the only thing that really worked and it took a few weeks before they could make it work.

Cons

Does not work. We spent months unable to run reconciliations or generate form letters from TOPSone. No support or help to resolve basic functionality issues.

James, Thank you for your honest review, we are so sorry that you have had this experience. When TOPS [ONE] was released, we became increasingly aware that the product had its merits, but our processes needed work. We’ve spent the year since its release modifying those processes to better accommodate the product and our clients, as well as making routine updates to reach feature parity with TOPS...

We have been using Tops for over 20 years, currently using TOPS pro and considering upgrade to TOPS1

We have researched several other software packages, and TOPS1 appears to be the most cost effective choice moving forward. TOPS1 provides the best balance of accounting and member service options for our HOA. TOPS1 includes premium support, so that takes care of our issue with support.

Pros

Over the years we have developed a good relationship with staff at TOPS. We are able to use the software for most of our member and accounting tasks. There are excellent form letter options, gate/parking permit tracking and CC&R enforcement tracking.

Cons

We were disappointed when it became necessary to pay extra (double) for premium support to wait on hold for support. Currently it can take a couple of days for TOPS to call us back on issues. We lost about 5 days in 2017 due to waiting for call backs.

Not stable, unreliable

We purchased TOPS software almost a year ago and from day one the software has been unstable. We were sold on features that don't work, i.e. iPhone app that is no long supported, labeling pictures with date stamp or GPS data, etc. Everyone at their company has a different way of accomplishing or doing things, so every time you call, you get a different answer. TOPS GO is very unstable, i.e. can't upload pictures, can't save GPS tagging, etc.

Pros

The software has so much potential.

Cons

The desktop version is written in an antiquated software language which limited many of the data fields. The on-line version is severely limited on features.

Hi Thomas, I am so sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your TOPS experience. I appreciate you taking the time to spell out your issues, and I wanted to address them in kind: 1) The iPhone app is no longer supported because we updated to GO 2.0, a device independent web app. Every client on the old version got a free upgrade to this version. 2) GPS encoding and time stamps for images...

TOPS HOA management software

The integration from my previous software to TOPS went very well with their data conversion. The product is very easy to use and much easier to navigate to get to the function that you want than with my previous software, Asyst Data Group. I really like their violation letter tracking and generating module with the only negative being that you cannot print out just a list of homeowners that are at...

Cons

Jim, thank you so much for the heartfelt review. I think you will be pleased to hear that we absorbed all of the feedback you gave us, and have released a number of these requests into the product already! I encourage you to check out our product updates here: http://www.topssoft.com/blogs/tops-customers/topic/program-updates

Tops One

Well Worth the investment !

Pros

Tops One has been our platform from day one. We find the solution to be easy to learn yet full featured. Support organization is quick to respond! And features roll out all the time.

Cons

Some early issues, that since were able to resolve. Like the ability to add features without action on part.

Not as user friendly as other programs

It's an okay program not good for someone who is not bookkeeping savy

Pros

The community side of this program is great for tracking monthly payments from residents and work orders

Cons

If you do not have a solid bookkeeping background this is not the program for you. Also, the technical support team takes days to address your problems