Prolo Store Locator Reviews

Pros

Prolo was the best product we could find at the best price. We're very happy with how our store locators have turned out.

Brandon F.

Melissa R.

adam k.

Cons

Does not display all locations when map is zoomed out. Analytics of customer search history is weak.

Grant L.

Difficulty in adding Canadian stores. Software recognize only a handful of our stores, the rest were manually entered.

Brandon F.

There a few bugs- sometimes won't let me add new customers, sometimes misses street addresses in listing.

Kristen M.

4.4

The best store locator for the money

Nothing but good things

Pros

Extremely easy to setup, add data and use. By far the best value for the money. Basic service for smaller companies that cannot afford more advanced store locators. We have never had a problem and neither have our customers

Cons

No cons but one improvement, which i am not sure is possible, is if the software can recongize that if on an uploaded file (excel, cvs) that if there are only 4 digits for the zip code then it will automatically enter the 1st digit at 0 as sometimes spreadsheets will not have the zero by default

Thank-you for your response and we value your feedback.

Easy to use and easy to manage

Pros

Easy to use and easy to manage and add dealers. show distance to target. working fast and without any bags.

Cons

Can not control the perimeter of the search. It set for 50 mile, I would like to be able to change it to 25, 100 or 200 miles.

Thank-you for your response. With our newest update locations are no longer limited by radius. We have updated this functionality so that your customers will always be able to see locations even if they are far away.

Locations are way off

I've contacted customer support with screenshots of the Prolo map vs. Google map (Google is accurate) and I've had no response other than the canned "we'll get back to you shortly".

Pros

It was easy to set up. I use a drag n drop website builder (WebEasy) and while doing the review within the WebEasy, the Prolo result was, visually, all messed up but when I FTP uploaded the files to my host, it displayed fine within my browser. Uploading addresses into Prolo was easy, no problems there.

Cons

The locations are way off compared to where they physically are. I'm on Vancouver Island, BC and the customers I've checked locally, are no-where near where the Prolo map shows them. Maybe it's different in the US but I can't use this.

Hi, I believe you are mistaken. We don't support FTP so perhaps you have us confused with another application. I personally respond to every support request and I'm don't think you reached out. We have excellent support for Canadian addresses. I myself am Canadian and made sure of it. Regards, Kenton

Prolo is awesome!

Pros

It's so easy to add locations and it's so easy for our consumers to search their location and find our product!

Cons

I see no cons about Prolo especially given the low cost.

Fast integration we've done yet. Highly recommended!

Pros

The ease of use and convenience Integration is simple and effective Customization of retailer is time-consuming but still logical

Cons

Lacks the option to see all locations, regardless of proximity to current location Auto-populate retailers when added to Stitchlabs.com Show location on rollover so user doesn't have to click to view on map Add link for customer to view directions and store hours Customize data/range on analytics to view month-over-month traffic

a few bugs but mostly easy to use

Pros

existing address/store database is great, easy for my customers to use so that is helpful, easy to plug into SquareSpace

We love the updates!

Prolo has really listened to user feedback and added the features we needed. We are so excited to implement this for our users.

Pros

Easy to use and quick list uploads -- no long term projects needed to add this store finder to our site.

Cons

We missed out on Canadian store listings at first, but love that they've been added now.

Best locator ever

Pros

Easy to use, working great mostly on all the websites.

Cons

No specific problem but price can be cheap

I use Prolo on a clients website so that people can find their skateparks in the UK

It allowed me to offer value to my service by offering this to my clients.

Pros

Its easy to use, does what it's supposed to and good design options so that you can co-ordinate with your brand.

Cons

The more obscure areas in the UK such as The Outer Hebrides and some areas of The Channel Islands are not always covered.

Easy to use Product Distribution Locator

Pros

Easy to Use platform that can be easily implemented on a microsite

Cons

Not overwhelming customizable to specific product categories

Thank-you for your response. This app is under active development and we are continuing to add features. What would you like to be able to customize?

Since new features added its easier to update. Support has been very supportive.

Easy implementation for our web page. Actually works with 10 digit zip codes and Canadian postal codes.

Pros

It was super easy for our web developer to add this store locater to out web page. Our customers and our customer service people like it. The recently added feature to remove the entire list and replace has mad it much easier to update.

Cons

At first it was amost impossible to replace the entire listing of stores. It is probably more of a factor for our product since it is in over two thousand stores.

We love Prolo and just wish it had more features

Pros

The onboarding is very easy and the software overall is easy to use. Like mentioned above, we just wished it had some more features and more options to customize.

Cons

If an address of a particular store has already been inputted by another user then the new details we add don't take and only after repeated tries are we able to sometimes make the changes we need (correct address, add more details as needed etc)

Thank-you for your response. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to add more features.

Affordable tool, easy to use, overall great product.

Pros

Its easy to add to the website and easy to add locations and I love the immediate update. Overall it s a great affordable tool. I love that its isnt perfect yet and can be part of the process.

Cons

1. not east changing the size of the map. 2. not synchronized with other maps and search engines. 3. cant add an email for the businesses/locations

Thank-you for your response. We are always trying to make improvements to better serve our customers. Our maps are responsive and you are now able to change/add an email for locations.

It has been ok

Pros

It has analytics that help break down our customer base.

Cons

We have requested multiple time information regarding the expansion of the 50 mile radius as our customers can not find a dealer within those perimeters. We have not heard back any of the times we have reached out regarding this.

I am sorry that you were unable to get a response from support. We are committed to serving our customers and improving our product. Locations are no longer limited by radius. We have updated this functionality so that your customers will always be able to see locations even if they are far away.

Top notch service

I love using Prolo! We were a pretty early adopter as we were in need of an affordable solution for listing our retailers that could easily be added to our existing website. Prolo has worked out perfectly. It was simple to put it onto my website and it's so easy to add new retailers and manage existing retailers. It's also intuitive - it knows a users location and points them directly to their nearest stores. The product locators make the Where to Buy page looks messy and disorganized - Prolo looks nice and clean! Love it!

straightforward but limited functionality

Pros

ease of use. metrics are decent.

Cons

1. Does not display all locations when map is zoomed out. 2. Analytics of customer search history is weak.

Thank-you for your response. We are working on adding better custom options for the display of locations.

Easy to install-tool for location search

Pros

Very easy to bulk import locations by using a CSV file exported from other program. Does automatic recognition of stores, even in Europe.

Cons

Not compatible with iOS. Not very modular: I can't control the diameter of the store locator search. U.S. focused (e.g. when entering ZIP code).

Thank-you for your feedback. Just to be clear you should be be able to view all maps on IOS but you are correct that the admin interface does not support IOS. We are working to implement this in the coming year. This company is now based out of Canada and we are working to support international customers.

Amazing app for store location solutions!

The Prolo app was exactly what I needed for a store location app. Easy to install into Shopify and I was able to add all the stores, with maps and details, that I needed. It was easy to look up existing stores too and quickly add them to my list. Perfect too for my client, as they didn't need to know HTML to make a manual store locator. Took the hard work out of the process. Great app, highly recommended if you need an easy store location solution that plugs right into your existing site!

Cons

Best and Easy fast user updates

Excellent

Pros

How easy it is to update your customer retail locations. Straight forward and simple.

Cons

Nothing , it’s an easy and simple program.

Good enough

Customer service was prompt and helpful.

Pros

Great value. No bells or whistles, but gets the job done just fine, at a reasonable price. I like that the pricing is based on user views.

Cons

Would be nice to change the typography, or to alter the shape of the map, but it's still far and away the best bang for the buck.

Shaun, Thanks for your review. We will looking into improving styling options within the next few months. Rose

Prolo gets an A+!

Prolo is easy to use, easy to update and easy for our customers. The software has allowed us to keep track of our store count in ways that we could not before. Would recommend to anyone looking for store locator software!

Cons

Thanks for the kind words Jeff!

Baseball Treasure™ Collectible Coins Uses Prolo Finder As Its Treasure Map

This is an ideal tool for a retail company who is trying to amplify its message for establishing a brick and mortar presence.

Pros

Prolo Finder is not only easy to use, our interns jumped right in with no learning curve and its affordability for a start up is a big help.

Cons

not all store locations were listed, but fairly easy to add them.

Inexpensive but low functionality

Pros

Ease of uploading stores individually or with a list. Reports are helpful. Pricing is reasonable for small business like ourselves.

Cons

The system does not catch duplicates. It doesn't allow you to download your own store lists so that you can do mass cleanup. It auto-names stores, such as Kroger-Pharmacy, when we are a frozen food company and sell in Kroger stores.

Great Product

Pros

Analytics, design of map, customer service.

Cons

Support is excellent. Very responsive.

Pros

Works well within our SquareSpace site and is scalable to meet future traffic needs. Easy to add locations.

Cons

Wish I could dump in a new database and it would identify all the duplicates and provide a "delete duplicates" function.