All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

Rosy Reviews

Pros

User friendly, good price which is important for me; appreciate the new app update so can do more.

lori y.

Steve N.

Read the full review
I've been using rosy salon software for a few years now and I wouldn't want to use any other salon software. The customer service is excellent and super helpful if you need help with the program.

Michelle K.

Lynn F.

Read the full review
Don't make me input a sku #, it makes adding inventory tedious. I just make up fake numbers anyway.

Heather S.

Read the full review
Pay someone to help you migrate. It is necessary and you will be up and running quickly, without losing customers or have problems that devastate your business.

Joe C.

Read the full review

The Rosy Software is great, but the customer service is what really makes it exceptional!

The benefits I received from this software were excellent customer service, ease of website and salon software integration, ease of credit card and salon software integration, and ease of salon software set-up. As a new user, I was very easily able to set up my business info, add employees and their schedules, and add all of my salon and retail inventory. Highly recommend!

Pros

I am new to the salon business and have never used a scheduling/inventory software before. Because of the excellent customer service, I have been able to get our new salon up and running using the Rosy software. It takes time to learn, but is quite intuitive. Every single time I've called, customer service team has been patient and informative. I've never felt like my questions were bothersome to them. I also purchased the cash drawer, receipt printer, and scanner from Rosy. I am very happy with these products and the help I received in setting them up. Working with the Card Connect company via Rosy to integrate our systems has also been very easy. My experience has been better than expected and I highly recommend Rosy Salon Software to everyone who might need it.

Cons

At this time, I can't think of anything that I don't like about the software. It exceeds my expectations.

Top notch customer service and product

Pros

Their customer and price. Just a phone call away for any questions I have. I’ve never been on hold for more than a few minutes. Their price is affordable. Bring from Canada and buying American product I’m always needing worry about the cost after exchange.

Cons

I can’t customize the taxes. I had to come up with a different way for it to work for me.

It's just OK

We move back over to Rosy from Mindbody. I wish had spent more time looking at other programs. The customer service is great when you phone in for help and they always have been. For smaller businesses, maybe 5 staff and under, or sole proprietors it would be great program, but for a larger business it is too limited. Also, it would be nice to see the schedule adaptable for 10 minute increments instead...

Pros

Booking an appointment is simple and customers tell us the online booking system is user friendly. It is also cost friendly.

Cons

There are constant interruptions with the server which is very frustrating. I wish Rosy would fix this already. When we used the program back in 2012 it was the same and nothing has improved since.

Convenient appointment booking

Rosy sends my clients a reminder of their appointment which cuts down the number of no shows that I have

Pros

Before I used Rosy, i carried a bulky appointment book in my purse everywhere I went. I needed to be prepared to book appointments at all times. With Rosy all I need is my smart phone and the rosy app. Now I can carry any size purse. I like the convenience of the app

Cons

I can’t say that I dislike anything about this software. They have thought of every option to fit my needs

Switching from Shortcuts to Rosy was the BEST DECISION EVER!

I am a consultant that puts companies into the cloud. My client had a different software when I started consulting for them a few years ago. We struggled with it for 2 more years, and they had it a few years before I came on board. In my work experience, I was a UI designer and application developer of online apps for Autodesk, which is the 2nd largest software company in the world, so I know my stuff....

Pros

Everything! It is not over engineered. It does exactly what it is supposed to. It has great features for clients to schedule and manage appointments online and through text messages. It has CRM, Reports and all the major and minor features necessary to run a successful salon and not have to focus on the software. It seamlessly integrates into the daily workflow.

Cons

The Email Builder for the CRM needs to mature a bit more, but overall it works great for someone with knowledge of how to build emails. It's just not a job for someone with little or no CRM experience. I can see that it will get better, and you could always use MailChimp or other CRM service for sending Campaign style emails if that is what your salon does. Rosy handles all the automated emails quite well once they have been setup. Mobile functionality is important so be prepared to test your messages on a mobile device. It all works great, it just takes some know-how or you have to call support and let them help. Or you can have a consultant like me help you.

Great software that continues to evolve!

I know that switching salon software is scary. I kept putting it off because it seemed overwhelming. I had been researching for 2 years. Some had the features I wanted, but the monthly cost was high. On top of that, they had per text costs on top of that. I would be paying for some of the software offerings. Fortunately, I found reviews on Rosy that were good, and I checked out their website. It seemed...

Pros

Ease of use, and frequent updates!

Cons

I wish you could have pop up alerts for client notes. It used to have them, but they switched to having the notes show up in the upper left side of the screen, and often get unnoticed. Maybe have the red circle for the notification blink to catch the eye.

This company sets itself above the rest with the best customer experience and service !!!

Pros

1. First cloud based software and we never have outage issues 2. Free text and email confirmations. Most of the others charge for this 3. Works on all devices, Apple, PC, iPad, tablet, phone Etc. 4. Built in marketing suite, no more need to pay extra for demandforce or some other add on companies marketing platform 5. Online Client Scheduling the best we have ever used; it has increased our online...

Cons

Hands Down the Best Salon Software available!!!!

Our company has a huge number of clients that are salon owners using software. I can tell you that we see 3 to 4 software companies that are in most salons because they are market leaders. Our salon and spa business education systems rely on software that can get the job done. With that being said, we have become extremely excited over one platform which is constantly evolving and becoming our go to...

Cons

Rosy software is so easy to use, just about anyone could figure it put.

it has been great. easy to get used to using everyday.

Pros

Rosy would work well for a small salon and also fora large one. its easy to add employees and to adjust all of their service menus according to what they offer specifically . lots of customization options but still easy to use!

Cons

Several windows popping up when clicking on clients name to check in , for every person. it would be nice if it would close when you click around it or if the window was smaller.

So far so good

We have been able to have success with text confirmations that our clients enjoy and it has made our jobs easier

Pros

We implemented less than a year ago and have had great success with Rosy, it has been the easiest software to train new employees on.

Cons

There are a few capabilities that I would like to see added, and some of the reporting options are not ideal

Easiest, most user friendly spa software out there!

I had come from a spa that used Millennium, and that was such a confusing program, and because it was installed into our mainframe, we had various problems and times when we were without service. It was also impossible to log in anywhere else without using a program such as GoToMyPC, and that was an additional expense. When I left to open up my own spa in 2013, I had done some research and the did a trial of Rosy. I was instantly sold. And it just keeps getting better and better.

Pros

The ease of use, and the ability to login from home, my smart phone or tablet!

Cons

There's not much I don't like but I wish there was a way to perform both a return and a new purchase in the same transaction.

Had Rosy Salon Software for 3 different nail salons, never disapointed.

The system is great and they have a very responsive customer service line. Definitely the best salon software system I have had the past 20+ years of working in the nail salon industry. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

It is incredibly flexible for almost near anything you can think of. Able to send text reminders, online scheduling, email, can add your own services, easily navigatable, can provide different kinds of reports that you need. Not only I am happy with it, but most of my clients are happy with it as well. We have also referred to some of our friends to use this software, they also love it. They also have a ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL that you can play and experiment with BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT. Great for new salon/spa type business to try.

Cons

Sometimes the text messaging system texts the customer's appointment time based on their second or third service instead of the first service they have that day, but its a small minor detail that doesn't affect us too much.

Rosy is by far the best Salon / Beauty Industry Booking Software available today.

Pros

Rosy provides a robust platform all delivered via the cloud thereby not necessitating any equip. purchases by clients. The platform includes, booking, marketing, eCommerce, reporting and sales transactions functionality. All of these functions are amazing. The reporting though stands out and allows our team to have a visibility into our business which previously was unavailable. This information allows our management to make more informed and timely business decisions. This allows our team to move forward and meet or exceed our business goals!

Cons

As with all technology, there are always new features or changes which you would like to have in any platform. The Rosy management and customer support teams are very receptive to new ideas for the platform. However timing of any updates or new features must fit into a roadmap which sometimes doesn't allow the update to be made as quickly as you would like. This is normal though.

Awesome product!

Oh my goodness! This software rocks and has pretty much everything I need for my business. It is intuitive, easy to use and look at, you don't get nickel and dime for every extra, the extra marketing package is well worth the money (great client feedback, especially regarding text reminders), and customer support is always helpful. The only two cons I've run into, and have mentioned to the support...

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, easy to program, easy to run from multiple devices in multiple locations, never have an issue signing on, POS system rocks. My life has been made so much easier with Rosy!

Cons

Not a fan of handing clients a tip worksheet and then a separate receipt to sign for credit card payments, no way to build in cleanup/checkout times into services. Otherwise, that's it.

For the most part, it's great!

I like that they're constantly working to improve and add more features. Some of the features need more options and flexibility to be more useful, but as time goes on, I'm sure they'll continue to make improvements. Specifically the Rewards feature and the parameters for Mass Email Client Lists need to be updated. Also, the Image Library needs to be accessible on mobile again. Their Online Booking is great!

Pros

The Online Booking and schedule view (I really like the red time bar they added recently)

Cons

They sometimes make "improvements" that make things worse/harder. For instance, removing the Image Library from mobile. These days a lot of people are using apps to create images for Social Media, so you need to be able to easily add them to the Image Library from your phone.

Excellent cloud based software

Rosy has all the features I was looking for when researching software for my salon. Online booking, email and text confirmations, cloud-based (no annoying updates), and plenty of reports for management. The price increases as you add stylists, which is nice when starting out small, you don't need to pay a ton up front. The customer service has been excellent and very prompt every time I have a question. I would definitely recommend this to other salons.

Pros

Text/email confirmations Reports Online booking Cloud based

Cons

Can't use same email with multiple clients (a pain for families) Can't discount a service but still give full credit to the stylist for the service (i.e., salon-run promotions that shouldn't affect stylist commissions)

Love Rosy!

Rosy is such a great software. We wanted something that was cloud based and easy to use-and Rosy is! We switched from three different softwares before we found Rosy, and after using it for 5 minutes I knew this was the one. The stylists LOVE it because it's so user friendly and they didn't have to spend hours learning how to use it. They learned how to use it in 5 minutes! Customer support is amazing, they are always there to answer even the littlest of questions. They are always upgrading too, so Rosy gets even better all the time. We are a high end, fast paced salon and Rosy has been a lifesaver. We highly recommend it for your salon software!

Pros

Easy to use. Has a variety of reports. Cloud based, you can access anywhere. Online booking. Customer support.

Cons

No option to confirm through text message reminders. Wish you could customize payment options to add other ones for different coupons we offer.

Best salon software I have used

I have been a cosmetologist for 13 years and owned a salon for 11. I have used several different salon softwares and Rosy has by far been my favorite. It is very easy to use both from a desktop and mobile device. It allows me to track my stylists services and reports very easily, in return saving me time. The customer service is the best I have experienced not only in the software I have used but in general. They are very helpful whenever you need it. I love that my stylists can have as little or as much access to many different options with this program. I could go on about this program and have referred many other stylists to it also!

Pros

How easy it is to use for anybody

Cons

The way the credit card receipts print

If you're looking for support, look elsewhere

Overall, Rosy was a decent program which failed to truly fine tune it's core services before trying to add on a lot of other features.

Pros

A very customizeable salon software system. Ability to change timing for different services and providers, and color coding options were nice but not overwhelming. Extensive reports. Great email marketing which included premade templates and easy way to select the custoemrs to receive the email campaign and tracking.

Cons

Reports all pulled and displayed data differently. Some would add odd things into names like "new request" which made compiling data a pain as you had to clean up each report to match another to compare information. Customer support was close to nonexistant, and every problem you had was essentially "your fault, not the software" and more often than not resulted in a work around to do a basic task....

All that with a cherry on top!

Rosy Software has been such an amazing experience for my business. It is very user friendly on the front end, while giving me all of the numbers, reports, and inventory tracking on the back end. I thoroughly researched over a dozen salon and spa software options before picking Rosy. I can definitely say that it gives you "All that with a cherry on top!" Pick Rosy. You won't be disappointed!

Pros

What's not to love. It's user friendly, easy to schedule with and run the right reports.

Cons

I have had a few issues (using it in other browsers like IE and a couple inventory questions.) I would love it if there were simply youtube videos or videos to go along with the knowledge base. That would be a great improvement!

We love Rosy

Pros

Rosy is the lifeblood of our business (aside from staff, that is). It is dependable, and robust, and we love that we no longer have to worry about our Salon management software working, or about staff having a difficult time learning it. It is a must for all small salons and spas.

Cons

My only complaint would be that the reporting is somewhat lacking. I wish there were more ways to view the data online, rather than having to export large data sets just to get at what I want.

Best Salon Management Software Available!

As a salon owner, Rosy salon management software does everything I need it to do. It makes running a salon so easy, we don't need to hire a receptionist. 80% of our clients are confirmed through email and text confirmations, so we dont even have to make the confirmation phone call! I highly recommend Rosy to any salon or spa.

Pros

Online scheduling, email/text confirmations and all the reports I need

Cons

i would love to have a time stamp on when tickets were closed out in the client appointment log.

Pros

I've used a few other software systems Rosy is by far my favorite because of how easy it is. The reports are simple and easy to understand Really everything about it as simple. Other software is I've used you have to go through several screens just to find your answer. I appreciate so much that is not the case here. Also your technical support is excellent!

Cons

There have been some serious system crashes lately that have made it difficult to operate But I will say you guys do whatever you can to make it right and you own the problem and don't try to blame other shit for it. I truly appreciate that

Amazing Scheduler for my salon

I've used this service for about 6-7 years now and I have never even considered switching to anything else. They continually update the software to make it better and more easily functional. Any time I have had any little hiccups with the system they are QUICK to get back to me and help right it. I wouldn't waste my time with any other service just get this one... the best in the industry!

Pros

Ease and functionality Constant updating of software on the back end Serve based so I can get to my schedule from ANYWHERE

Cons

N/a

THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had the program for over two years now. It is making out salon (and personal )life very nice. The scheduling is easy and flexible. We can enter the appointments - doctor- other personal opts. very easy and fast. The service tracking and formula handling is neat and did I say quick? One GREAT feature is that 'Rosy' keeps the information on line. We can make appointments from our cell phones anywhere we are at. and there is not the probe that 'My computer broke".... does that happen?? ya betcha it does - BTDTGTS - (been there-done that-got the shirt) . . In the past we have had the computer bugs and lost it ALL,,, not fun. Will give the highest praise to this company. Take care, John & Mary B - FOXIES - Waukesha WI

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.