Rosy Reviews

4.7/5 (127 reviews)

Joe Cuviello

Switching from Shortcuts to Rosy was the BEST DECISION EVER!

Reviewed 2016-12-05

I am a consultant that puts companies into the cloud. My client had a different software when I started consulting for them a few years ago. We struggled with it for 2 more years, and they had it a few years before I came on board. In my work experience, I was a UI designer and application developer of online apps for Autodesk, which is the 2nd largest software company in the world, so I know my stuff. The other software was in my option one of the worst, hacked together, poorly engineered PC apps with lousy online functionality and mediocre support. My client and I had talked about changing to a new platform and migrating to a new service. I did an extensive analysis of the top 20 salon apps. I kept coming back to Rosy. We had 2 or 3 phone calls with them about migrating and I was pleasantly surprised. Their staff was nice, expertly knowledgeable, located in the US, prompt, basically everything we could ask for. We signed up for service and it only took us about a week and we were able to make the do setup, migrate all our data, implement the workflows, test everything and get all the staff fully trained in one online session. It was like a miracle. It was smooth, incredibly easy and I could not have been happier. Now my client has been using Rosy for almost a year now. It's amazing! They never call me with problems. They rarely have support questions but when they do, they call Rosy because the support is so good. Personally, I don't want my client's competition to know about Rosy, but I think every salon should use it. It's fantastic! Thanks, Rosy!!!Everything! It is not over engineered. It does exactly what it is supposed to. It has great features for clients to schedule and manage appointments online and through text messages. It has CRM, Reports and all the major and minor features necessary to run a successful salon and not have to focus on the software. It seamlessly integrates into the daily workflow.

Mark Stone

Great software that continues to evolve!

Reviewed 2017-02-23

I know that switching salon software is scary. I kept putting it off because it seemed overwhelming. I had been researching for 2 years. Some had the features I wanted, but the monthly cost was high. On top of that, they had per text costs on top of that. I would be paying for some of the software offerings. Fortunately, I found reviews on Rosy that were good, and I checked out their website. It seemed too good to be true. I could get their top package. I met John Bertorelli at the Long Beach Hair show. He was running a demo, using his phone as a hot spot. Not only was it quick, but it seemed easy to use. He was great about answering all my questions. I became obsessed over the next 5 months with wanting to switch, but the software I was using was Mac only, and I could not export any data. I felt like I was being held hostage. The only data I could extract, was my Client list. The thought of inputting all of my inventory by hand seemed to be too much. finally I called support team and asked if they found a way to get the data out of my other software. He said not yet, but he had an idea. He said that if I could get my product companies to send me spread sheets with SKU, name, prices, and sizes, I could cut and paste them into a template, and he could transfer it into the system. You get a 30 day trial, and that seemed like enough time to get set up to go live with the switch. I'm so glad that I took the plunge. They are constantly adding more functionality, and features. When I started, The texts were limited to a 24 hour appointment reminder, and confirmations were done by email. Now confirmations are done by both text and email, and we now have over 80% of our confirmations done by the system, freeing my front desk staff to attend to our guests. They listen to input suggestions, and update frequently. Could not be happier with my choice.Ease of use, and frequent updates!

Derek Hull

This company sets itself above the rest with the best customer experience and service !!!

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Derek Hull

Hands Down the Best Salon Software available!!!!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Our company has a huge number of clients that are salon owners using software. I can tell you that we see 3 to 4 software companies that are in most salons because they are market leaders. Our salon and spa business education systems rely on software that can get the job done. With that being said, we have become extremely excited over one platform which is constantly evolving and becoming our go to for our clients. We now recommend converting to this software to all of our clients. Now the golden question you ask is, Ok which one is it? Our number 1 pick is Rosy Salon and Spa Here is why we chose this software. While many softwares have great features, we find they are lacking in other areas and Rosy Salon and Spa seems to have it all in a very affordable price. Here is a list of features that we love. 1. First cloud based software and we never have outage issues 2. Free text and email confirmations. Most of the others charge for this 3. Works on all devices, Apple, PC, iPad, tablet, phone Etc. 4. Built in marketing suite, no more need to pay extra for demandforce or some other add on companies marketing platform 5. Online Client Scheduling the best we have ever used; it has increased our online scheduling by 37% 6. Facebook Integration- this feature has been huge for us 7. Inventory Controls- automatic inventory ordering, no more counting bottles on the shelves 8. Mobile Web App- This is better than an app as it works on all devices and is free, it allows clients to book, check their accounts and shop all from the phone or tablet. 9. Reporting Engine- all the reports you need without the confusion 10. Product Reservations- clients can reserve products to buy when they get there and the system makes suggestions based on their service and when they should be out of their product. 11. Point of Sale with credit card integration 12. Booth Renter Management- this is a huge feature as they are the first to allow you to have multiple renters with their own account all tied in to your front desk. This will keep you legal with the IRS and independent contractor laws. 13. Memberships- This feature allows you to set up recurring memberships like a Gym and have the payments automatically sent to your salon and spa. 14. Is five star rated on the most trusted software evaluation site Top Salon Software for 2016 | Reviews to Find Software

Beth St Paul

Rosy is by far the best Salon / Beauty Industry Booking Software available today.

Reviewed 2018-07-18

Rosy provides a robust platform all delivered via the cloud thereby not necessitating any equip. purchases by clients. The platform includes, booking, marketing, eCommerce, reporting and sales transactions functionality. All of these functions are amazing. The reporting though stands out and allows our team to have a visibility into our business which previously was unavailable. This information allows our management to make more informed and timely business decisions. This allows our team to move forward and meet or exceed our business goals!

karyn B

Awesome product!

Reviewed 2017-04-18

Oh my goodness! This software rocks and has pretty much everything I need for my business. It is intuitive, easy to use and look at, you don't get nickel and dime for every extra, the extra marketing package is well worth the money (great client feedback, especially regarding text reminders), and customer support is always helpful. The only two cons I've run into, and have mentioned to the support team, are that you have to print out a separate receipt and hand it to your customers to fill in the tip amount (which I feel is presumptuous and rude) and then print another for them to sign. In an industry that often, but not always involves gratuity, that just seems rather pressuring. The other is that there is no option to build in check out/cleanup time with appointments. There is a processing time option, but no way to add cleanup time without your clients thinking that their 60 min facial is now 75 minutes, like what their reminders tell them. Those are the only two downfalls I've found to date, but I can work around those issues until they are fixed. I highly recommend Rosy! I don't have to log on and off every time I want to use the system, have it running on iPads and Macs and PC's with no issues or delays in processing or loading, and can also have clients securely store their cc info for future bookings, phone orders, and cancellation fees. I love Rosy!Everything! Easy to use, easy to program, easy to run from multiple devices in multiple locations, never have an issue signing on, POS system rocks. My life has been made so much easier with Rosy!

Lynn Flowers

Easiest, most user friendly spa software out there!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I had come from a spa that used Millennium, and that was such a confusing program, and because it was installed into our mainframe, we had various problems and times when we were without service. It was also impossible to log in anywhere else without using a program such as GoToMyPC, and that was an additional expense. When I left to open up my own spa in 2013, I had done some research and the did a trial of Rosy. I was instantly sold. And it just keeps getting better and better.The ease of use, and the ability to login from home, my smart phone or tablet!

Kimberly Boag

For the most part, it's great!

Reviewed 2017-03-14

I like that they're constantly working to improve and add more features. Some of the features need more options and flexibility to be more useful, but as time goes on, I'm sure they'll continue to make improvements. Specifically the Rewards feature and the parameters for Mass Email Client Lists need to be updated. Also, the Image Library needs to be accessible on mobile again. Their Online Booking is great!The Online Booking and schedule view (I really like the red time bar they added recently)

Rebekah Leaman

Excellent cloud based software

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Rosy has all the features I was looking for when researching software for my salon. Online booking, email and text confirmations, cloud-based (no annoying updates), and plenty of reports for management. The price increases as you add stylists, which is nice when starting out small, you don't need to pay a ton up front. The customer service has been excellent and very prompt every time I have a question. I would definitely recommend this to other salons. Text/email confirmations Reports Online booking Cloud based

Mandy Elkins

Love Rosy!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Rosy is such a great software. We wanted something that was cloud based and easy to use-and Rosy is! We switched from three different softwares before we found Rosy, and after using it for 5 minutes I knew this was the one. The stylists LOVE it because it's so user friendly and they didn't have to spend hours learning how to use it. They learned how to use it in 5 minutes! Customer support is amazing, they are always there to answer even the littlest of questions. They are always upgrading too, so Rosy gets even better all the time. We are a high end, fast paced salon and Rosy has been a lifesaver. We highly recommend it for your salon software!Easy to use. Has a variety of reports. Cloud based, you can access anywhere. Online booking. Customer support.

Elizabeth Nicholson

The Rosy Software is great, but the customer service is what really makes it exceptional!

Reviewed 2018-07-16

The benefits I received from this software were excellent customer service, ease of website and salon software integration, ease of credit card and salon software integration, and ease of salon software set-up. As a new user, I was very easily able to set up my business info, add employees and their schedules, and add all of my salon and retail inventory. Highly recommend!I am new to the salon business and have never used a scheduling/inventory software before. Because of the excellent customer service, I have been able to get our new salon up and running using the Rosy software. It takes time to learn, but is quite intuitive. Every single time I've called, customer service team has been patient and informative. I've never felt like my questions were bothersome to them. I also purchased the cash drawer, receipt printer, and scanner from Rosy. I am very happy with these products and the help I received in setting them up. Working with the Card Connect company via Rosy to integrate our systems has also been very easy. My experience has been better than expected and I highly recommend Rosy Salon Software to everyone who might need it.

Rebekah Hauert

Best salon software I have used

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I have been a cosmetologist for 13 years and owned a salon for 11. I have used several different salon softwares and Rosy has by far been my favorite. It is very easy to use both from a desktop and mobile device. It allows me to track my stylists services and reports very easily, in return saving me time. The customer service is the best I have experienced not only in the software I have used but in general. They are very helpful whenever you need it. I love that my stylists can have as little or as much access to many different options with this program. I could go on about this program and have referred many other stylists to it also!How easy it is to use for anybody

Jody Nakoneshny

It's just OK

Reviewed 2017-09-28
Review Source: Software Advice

We move back over to Rosy from Mindbody. I wish had spent more time looking at other programs. The customer service is great when you phone in for help and they always have been. For smaller businesses, maybe 5 staff and under, or sole proprietors it would be great program, but for a larger business it is too limited. Also, it would be nice to see the schedule adaptable for 10 minute increments instead of 15 so more customization to have schedule that fits the needs of your business. Also beef up the permissions, for example, the Staff are given certain permissions and we allow the staff to see each other's schedule so they can help set up for appointments accordingly, however, the staff would also like to view their tips for the day. But in the permissions for staff, you can do one or the other but not both. Why not? Finally, better reports for viewing staff productivities, I need to view 3 or more different reports to see Staff productivity. I would love to see a report that brings up all of the details for each staff member in one report only so team based pay or commission based pay could be monitored more accurately. This isn't a bad program but for me and our business, it's just OK. Hopefully Rosy can fix their IT issues so there are less interruptions. Thank you.Booking an appointment is simple and customers tell us the online booking system is user friendly. It is also cost friendly.

Zoey Jolley

All that with a cherry on top!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

Rosy Software has been such an amazing experience for my business. It is very user friendly on the front end, while giving me all of the numbers, reports, and inventory tracking on the back end. I thoroughly researched over a dozen salon and spa software options before picking Rosy. I can definitely say that it gives you "All that with a cherry on top!" Pick Rosy. You won't be disappointed!What's not to love. It's user friendly, easy to schedule with and run the right reports.

Jacob Albrechtsen

We love Rosy

Reviewed 2018-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Rosy is the lifeblood of our business (aside from staff, that is). It is dependable, and robust, and we love that we no longer have to worry about our Salon management software working, or about staff having a difficult time learning it. It is a must for all small salons and spas.

Dustin NcCorchuk

Best Salon Management Software Available!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

As a salon owner, Rosy salon management software does everything I need it to do. It makes running a salon so easy, we don't need to hire a receptionist. 80% of our clients are confirmed through email and text confirmations, so we dont even have to make the confirmation phone call! I highly recommend Rosy to any salon or spa. Online scheduling, email/text confirmations and all the reports I need

Sally Lemmo

Reviewed 2017-05-08

I've used a few other software systems Rosy is by far my favorite because of how easy it is. The reports are simple and easy to understand Really everything about it as simple. Other software is I've used you have to go through several screens just to find your answer. I appreciate so much that is not the case here. Also your technical support is excellent!

Carolen Gray

Amazing Scheduler for my salon

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I've used this service for about 6-7 years now and I have never even considered switching to anything else. They continually update the software to make it better and more easily functional. Any time I have had any little hiccups with the system they are QUICK to get back to me and help right it. I wouldn't waste my time with any other service just get this one... the best in the industry! Ease and functionality Constant updating of software on the back end Serve based so I can get to my schedule from ANYWHERE

JOHN BOUSMAN

THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 2017-02-23

We have had the program for over two years now. It is making out salon (and personal )life very nice. The scheduling is easy and flexible. We can enter the appointments - doctor- other personal opts. very easy and fast. The service tracking and formula handling is neat and did I say quick? One GREAT feature is that 'Rosy' keeps the information on line. We can make appointments from our cell phones anywhere we are at. and there is not the probe that 'My computer broke".... does that happen?? ya betcha it does - BTDTGTS - (been there-done that-got the shirt) . . In the past we have had the computer bugs and lost it ALL,,, not fun. Will give the highest praise to this company. Take care, John & Mary B - FOXIES - Waukesha WI

Tina Cowan

Great Software for POS

Reviewed 2017-02-23

I switched to Rosy Salon Software over a year ago. The customer support team made the move smoothly from my old software to Rosy. Customer service scores a 10. They are very knowledgeable and go the extra mile to make sure your questions are answered/resolved. The program is easy to navigate and a great tool for any business. Easy navigation and great customer service

ransome brown

I use this daily to manage my salon and am very satisfied

Reviewed 2018-08-01

easy to use and all my information in one spot. good customer service. reporting available. and online scheduleI like how easy it is to use and all the report features. It also has the ability to keep all my product information and inventory.

Kay Harris

I simply cannot express how happy I am with this software!

Reviewed 2017-07-10

It's an absolute time saver for me. It's easy to use and my clients love the online booking feature!As a booth renter in a rental salon, Rosy has allowed me to run my business and keep all of my contacts and books private while I let the receptionists check clients in for me. Online booking has been great for business too - My clients love it! They can book their appointments anytime that is convenient for them. The auto confirm feature is also a lifesaver for me. I just set the preferences and then my clients get a text or even an email confirmation to remind the about thier appointment. That way I don't have to make calls at the end of the day. Total time saver!

Kim Hau

Don't know what we'd do without it

Reviewed 2017-02-22

From the very first moment of setting it up, Rosy support was there every step of the way. This program is so easy to use. Our clients absolutely LOVE getting the text and email reminders. It has cut down on our no shows dramatically. I love that if I'm on the go I can check/book my schedule wherever I am. I don't know why we waited as long as we did. You won't be sorry that you went with Rosy! It's the BEST!!!easy to use- many features

Bray Vella

Not pleased with latest update..

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I am a salon manager & stylist. I've been using Rosy for over 3 years now. This lastest update improved mobile function which I appreciate but removed the ability for me to do my Manager duties. I rely solely on my mobile device while in the salon and I'm extremely frustrated that I can no longer Mangage Employees, Orders, or Inventory. I hope these features will be accessible via mobile in the near future. Convenient

Rebekah Phillips

Reasons to love rosy

Reviewed 2017-02-21

I have been using Rosy since I became an independent studio stylist. It has all the features I need to keep track of my business and track successes. Being able to keep track of guests product purchases, track appointments, and formulas. Automatic appointment reminders!