Rosy Logo

Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

Rosy Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.11/10

Reviews by rating

If you're in the biz then give it a go. Affordable pricing for such an amazing opportunity.
Rosy salon software is very user friendly and they offer wonderful customer service. It works perfectly for my full service salon and spa and I can't imagine the workplace without it.
By far Rosy proved to be the most user friendly and efficient, set up was a breeze. Natasha & Karla are great, they are always ready to help and assist me with solutions.
Limitations of 15-minute time increments is a costly deficiency for the business.
My only complaint would be that the reporting is somewhat lacking.
Customer support was close to nonexistant, and every problem you had was essentially "your fault, not the software" and more often than not resulted in a work around to do a basic task.

SL

Sally L.

Pros

I've used a few other software systems Rosy is by far my favorite because of how easy it is. The reports are simple and easy to understand Really everything about it as simple. Other software is I've used you have to go through several screens just to find your answer. I appreciate so much that is not the case here. Also your technical support is excellent!

Cons

There have been some serious system crashes lately that have made it difficult to operate But I will say you guys do whatever you can to make it right and you own the problem and don't try to blame other shit for it. I truly appreciate that

KB

Kimberly B.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

For the most part, it's great!

I like that they're constantly working to improve and add more features. Some of the features need more options and flexibility to be more useful, but as time goes on, I'm sure they'll continue to make improvements. Specifically the Rewards feature and the parameters for Mass Email Client Lists need to be updated. Also, the Image Library needs to be accessible on mobile again. Their Online Booking is great!

Pros

The Online Booking and schedule view (I really like the red time bar they added recently)

Cons

They sometimes make "improvements" that make things worse/harder. For instance, removing the Image Library from mobile. These days a lot of people are using apps to create images for Social Media, so you need to be able to easily add them to the Image Library from your phone.

AH

Aubrey H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

I would not recommend this company

Dont use them

Pros

It's easy to use and price is good . Anyone can use it

Cons

Its hard to get anyone to call you back in a timely manner. They told me to do my credit card processing through another company and then as soon as we got it set up just 25 days later, Rosy discontinued working with that company (for good reasons) and refuse to help me get out of my current contract which is around $750, or get me a new machine through them and want me to pay another $500 for a machine...

RL

Rebekah L.

Excellent cloud based software

Rosy has all the features I was looking for when researching software for my salon. Online booking, email and text confirmations, cloud-based (no annoying updates), and plenty of reports for management. The price increases as you add stylists, which is nice when starting out small, you don't need to pay a ton up front. The customer service has been excellent and very prompt every time I have a question. I would definitely recommend this to other salons.

Pros

Text/email confirmations Reports Online booking Cloud based

Cons

Can't use same email with multiple clients (a pain for families) Can't discount a service but still give full credit to the stylist for the service (i.e., salon-run promotions that shouldn't affect stylist commissions)

CG

Carolen G.

Amazing Scheduler for my salon

I've used this service for about 6-7 years now and I have never even considered switching to anything else. They continually update the software to make it better and more easily functional. Any time I have had any little hiccups with the system they are QUICK to get back to me and help right it. I wouldn't waste my time with any other service just get this one... the best in the industry!

Pros

Ease and functionality Constant updating of software on the back end Serve based so I can get to my schedule from ANYWHERE

Cons

N/a

JB

JOHN B.

THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had the program for over two years now. It is making out salon (and personal )life very nice. The scheduling is easy and flexible. We can enter the appointments - doctor- other personal opts. very easy and fast. The service tracking and formula handling is neat and did I say quick? One GREAT feature is that 'Rosy' keeps the information on line. We can make appointments from our cell phones anywhere we are at. and there is not the probe that 'My computer broke".... does that happen?? ya betcha it does - BTDTGTS - (been there-done that-got the shirt) . . In the past we have had the computer bugs and lost it ALL,,, not fun. Will give the highest praise to this company. Take care, John & Mary B - FOXIES - Waukesha WI

DN

Dustin N.

1-10 employees

Best Salon Management Software Available!

As a salon owner, Rosy salon management software does everything I need it to do. It makes running a salon so easy, we don't need to hire a receptionist. 80% of our clients are confirmed through email and text confirmations, so we dont even have to make the confirmation phone call! I highly recommend Rosy to any salon or spa.

Pros

Online scheduling, email/text confirmations and all the reports I need

Cons

i would love to have a time stamp on when tickets were closed out in the client appointment log.

rb

ransome b.

Self-employed

I use this daily to manage my salon and am very satisfied

easy to use and all my information in one spot. good customer service. reporting available. and online schedule

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and all the report features. It also has the ability to keep all my product information and inventory.

Cons

the online scheduler could be easier to use. I have had complants from clients. I also don't think the text reminders work as often as I'd like

KH

Kay H.

Consumer Services, self-employed

I simply cannot express how happy I am with this software!

It's an absolute time saver for me. It's easy to use and my clients love the online booking feature!

Pros

As a booth renter in a rental salon, Rosy has allowed me to run my business and keep all of my contacts and books private while I let the receptionists check clients in for me. Online booking has been great for business too - My clients love it! They can book their appointments anytime that is convenient for them. The auto confirm feature is also a lifesaver for me. I just set the preferences and then my clients get a text or even an email confirmation to remind the about thier appointment. That way I don't have to make calls at the end of the day. Total time saver!

KH

Kim H.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Don't know what we'd do without it

From the very first moment of setting it up, Rosy support was there every step of the way. This program is so easy to use. Our clients absolutely LOVE getting the text and email reminders. It has cut down on our no shows dramatically. I love that if I'm on the go I can check/book my schedule wherever I am. I don't know why we waited as long as we did. You won't be sorry that you went with Rosy! It's the BEST!!!

Pros

easy to use- many features

Cons

nothing

LF

Lynn F.

Retail, self-employed

Easiest, most user friendly spa software out there!

I had come from a spa that used Millennium, and that was such a confusing program, and because it was installed into our mainframe, we had various problems and times when we were without service. It was also impossible to log in anywhere else without using a program such as GoToMyPC, and that was an additional expense. When I left to open up my own spa in 2013, I had done some research and the did a trial of Rosy. I was instantly sold. And it just keeps getting better and better.

Pros

The ease of use, and the ability to login from home, my smart phone or tablet!

Cons

There's not much I don't like but I wish there was a way to perform both a return and a new purchase in the same transaction.

RP

Rebekah P.

Reasons to love rosy

I have been using Rosy since I became an independent studio stylist. It has all the features I need to keep track of my business and track successes.

Pros

Being able to keep track of guests product purchases, track appointments, and formulas. Automatic appointment reminders!

Cons

Importing products/retail is not intuitive. Takes too long to add different sizes of the same product.

EP

Erica P.

So glad I switched

Pros

It was easy to switch since the staff did the transfer for us. Its much cheaper than the competitor we were using. The software is easy to learn. And we love the cloud based appointment book that is awesome since I dont have to worry about carrying it around. Their customer service is also friendly and easy to get a hold of.

Cons

I dont like that I have to pay extra to make appointments for a room/resource thats not being manned by a person.

TC

Tina C.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Great Software for POS

I switched to Rosy Salon Software over a year ago. The customer support team made the move smoothly from my old software to Rosy. Customer service scores a 10. They are very knowledgeable and go the extra mile to make sure your questions are answered/resolved. The program is easy to navigate and a great tool for any business.

Pros

Easy navigation and great customer service

Cons

We are not able to sell gift certificates through this program. It is helpful for a spa to offer gift certificate and have the ability to email to the client.

KL

Kim L.

better improvements

Rosy Definitely moving in a better direction in the mobile apps. Need improvement in report separation and would like a more state of the art change to the credit card processing. At least more streamlined and quicker.

Pros

Ease of use and cost.

Cons

report options for refined information and checkout a little slow due to what seems like extra steps

KS

Kelly S.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Easy to learn and use.

Very easy to use. Tried a more complicated system with start of new office and was consistently frustrated and overwhelmed. Went back to Rosy and made my life easier. My only wish is that they would have a medical component for medical spas.

Pros

Cons

Wish had more medical procedures terminology to choose from. I.e. Laser treatments

EO

Ella O.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Rosy is the BEST!

Overall, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives with Rosy Software. It is easy to learn and easy to use.

Pros

Rosy is hands down my favorite salon scheduling software. It is easy to use and even easier to learn. The colors are so helpful and it is so easy to navigate.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Rosy would be how often there were blackouts where it wouldn’t work.

JA

Jacob A.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Fifth time's the charm!

Took us a few failed attempts with other salon software "solutions" before we stumbled upon Rosy, but we're glad we arrived finally. Rosy is reliable, simple to implement and use, and makes payroll and accounting a breeze. It lacks some of the more advanced features which Shortcuts, Super Salon, and others boast, but I'll trade those in a heartbeat for the ease-of-use and reliability of Rosy. Keep it up Rosy!

Pros

Ease-of-use. Simple to get set up (implementation). Simple, straightforward reporting.

Cons

inability to custom tailor some of the commission tracking. Lacks some more advanced reporting

CB

Carrie B.

Slightly disappointed

I preferred the option to view one day at a time on the mobile version. Also, I still feel like when I am RESCHEDULING an appointment that the software should COPY the appt exactly. I do NOT like to use the COPY option due to the fact that the software does NOT copy the entire appt but only the portion I have selected. I also miss the ability to click on the phone number and have it automatically connect to my phone option.

Pros

Almost everything. Very easy to use.

Cons

Reschedule doesn't work to my standards. Clicking on clients number no longer takes me to my phone application.

BK

Britney K.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Simplicity

I started a salon and spa almost a year ago, I really wanted a system that was user friendly and cloud based. Rosy is the perfect fit for our needs! I love how it can be personalized for the business, employee and each client.

Pros

Personalization. Simple to understand and use.

Cons

Can't move appointments once they have been checked in or checked out. When making the schedule (employees), it would be nice to have a start date to changes we make. Multiple emails for multiple clients... we have kids as clients.

JM

Jessica M.

We Love Rosy!!!

We have Rosy for several years and love it!! Offers everything we need! Our clients love the online booking option!!

JT

Jenna T.

Great Program

I have been using the program for almost a year. I love how easy it is for me to use and for my clients to book their own appointments. I really like all of the features like text reminders.

Pros

Easy to book appointments

Cons

Need to have a better way to client share. I work in a booth rental salon and each person has their own Rosy account but you still have to enter in a client as a new client even if someone else has it in the system.

CE

Christina E.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Makes running a business easy!

I use rosy for everything, scheduling, staff & inventory management, credit card processing etc. This has made my work so much easier. I love all of the different reports i can run to see how my business is growing. Great Program!

Pros

The easy to use interface

Cons

If a family uses the same email address for booking it will not allow me to send a receipt to one person stating that their email address is in use by another user.

RS

Rudy S.

Great program - Good Value

I've been using Rosy Software for a few months. So far so good. No real complaints but I think if they add a few features the product can be perfect!

Pros

Online booking, Inventory, customer service is excellent.

Cons

System needs ability to add text to confirmation emails, Inventory and services set up is a little limited and complicated but I've been able to work around it, tip handling needs a little tweaking and there needs to be the ability for me to allow my clients to carry a balance on their account rather than moving a ticket to another date. In my previous software I was able to allow my clients to pay for their service(s) or products at a later date and on occasion pay it in a couple of installments.

BT

Brandon T.

1-10 employees

Rosy is Red Rosy is Blue I am sure Rosy will be just right for YOU!

Been using rosy for my salon and spa now for just over a year and hands down the best software for the price. Love there innovation.

Pros

Innovative and easy to use and train on.