Skytab POS Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.69/10

Reviews by rating

It’s been an awesome experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to make their business better.
The entire process was wonderful the staff outstanding. Sensitive content hidden], is phenomenal with follow-up and the tech was on-time for the install.
Our staff caught on quickly to the program and are loving the handhelds. This was a win win for us.
Maybe just the split tickets is a little confusing.
Schedule Pricing - to me useless. You can not put more then one, if one is all day and the other is for only certain hours.

RP

Rick P.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

We saw many….then came to believe!

It’s been fantastic! We’ve gone through many POS systems over the years and by far, this has been the best.

Pros

Ease of use, and the customer support experience. Our Sales Rep. [sensitive content hidden] was fantastic, explained everything, was clear and upfront and very honest. Great working with him.

Cons

Haven’t found anything yet that we don’t like to be very honest.

Hello Rick - We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your SkyTab POS system! Our priority is customer service and we’re happy to hear that we met that mark. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations!

AH

Andrea H.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

New Launch

I've enjoyed working with [sensitive content hidden] and have enjoyed the system. As with any big technology upgrade, you learn new things every day.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] has been our rep since day one. He was very patient as we slowly came to our decision to bring on SkyTab. [sensitive content hidden] is very responsive when I've reached out, and almost always has a solution. He's been on sight many times to make sure things are going smoothly.

Cons

Some moderate quirks that are being worked out. The favorites screen omits an entire row unless you page over and back. Not sure why that's happening, but we need our favorites screen to be in-tact. Also, we can't make it default to the favorites screen and not the departments. A lot of the reporting is slightly difficult to sort through as well. When trying to print reports or transfer payroll to QuickBooks, it's a bit finicky.

Hi Andrea - We're thrilled to hear you've had such a positive experience with your rep! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always looking for ways to improve, and will take this valuable feedback into consideration!

DS

Danielle S.

Do NOT buy this system

I would rather skydive without a parachute then go to work today and use this system.

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing about this system is user friendly

Cons

Everything absolutely everything. I hate how long it takes to cash a customer out I hate the process of putting in an order I hate that orders disappear I hate everything down to the size of the font. The only way to fix this system is throw it out and start over. Whoever created this has never worked in a restaurant and it shows.

Hello Danielle, thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we’re sorry to hear that we missed the mark. We would like the opportunity to work with you and resolve any challenges you may still be experiencing! Please reach out to us at reviews@shift4.com with your contact information and issue details and we'll ensure it's escalated. We are committed to learning from our mistakes and enhancing our services to better serve our customers.

CN

Carlo N.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great system, but still developing

Installing the system was great. Purchasing and getting questions answered from our sales rep [sensitive content hidden] , was fantastic! When we initially launched we had to go back and fix a lot of the developers things they done with the menu for like 3 days. Then when I need just certain things from a daily report it gives me too much information and there is no way to tailor it to what we need and customer support does not help much as they don’t seem knowledgeable.

Pros

Our sales rep [sensitive content hidden] was excellent! I also like how I can track everything and access it at anytime! I like how it seems very futuristic and looks very slick. I also like how it is easy to use.

Cons

Customer service can improve, when I call several times they seem not as knowledgeable and have to follow up everytime keeping me hold for a long time. I also do not like that they do not involve the sales rep and others when developing the menu for your resturant, the developers need to observe how a restaurant is run before they build it out. Every restaurant has different modifications and its import to tailor it similar to how it was on a previous platform. I also think the reports it gives you can get super confusing and it gives you al lot of excess information.

CH

Charlotte H.

Exceeded My Expectation

One of the main reasons, I love this Pos System is, I'm very busy and it can keep up!One of the main benefits is the ability to grow and change with your company!

Pros

The entire process was wonderful the staff outstanding! [sensitive content hidden], is phenomenal with follow-up and the tech was on-time for the install. I was nervous, but this company is the real deal! The pos system is sleek in design and it compliments the esthetics of my business!

Cons

It does not apply! I don't have any complaints.

Hello Charlotte. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing SkyTab! We're thrilled to hear that your experience has been positive and that our solutions have had a positive impact on your business.

EM

Emmanuel M.

Best New POS for Mexican Restaurants

Pros

We liked the cost and features. The upfront cost was basically free. We only pay a low monthly fee and get all the hardware and software included. Toast charged us for every single little thing and their contracts are predatory. Constant rate hikes and they force you to buy their hardware and software.

Cons

Still waiting for them to update their software and training website to Spanish.

Hello Emmanuel - It’s great to hear that you're happy with your experience with SkyTab. We really appreciate your detailed review. We’re always looking for ways to improve, and will take this valuable feedback into consideration!

DC

Dan C.

Shift4 for the win

Really good so far, [sensitive content hidden] has been great to work with

Pros

It works great for us. Thanks again for everything

Cons

Everything is great so far. I wish i could create a website through them also

Hi Dan, Thanks for the kind words and taking time to leave a review. And you're in luck - we just launched SkyTab Website Builder this week! You can get your website up in running in minutes with our free AI-powered website builder. You can find more information here: https://www.skytab.com/features/build-a-restaurant-website You can also log in to your back office (Lighthouse) and navigate to Website Builder on the left side nav to get started.

PH

Patrick H.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Easiest POS I have ever used

Very good, smooth process, great sales support, incredible tech support, has increased our through out with KDS screens.

Pros

Extremely User friendly. Superior Touch response time.

Cons

Nothing at this moment. I have not encountered anything negative.

Hello Patrick! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying SkyTab.

SP

Sijce P.

Best Solution Specialist , [sensitive content hidden]

We use the product for very short period, I can not describe overall the experience with it, just yet.

Pros

Easy to use software. Employees needed only a day of training to understand and use the new software.

Cons

If the modifiers are not done correctly from the beginning it is difficult to adjust them to the need of the item.

Hello Sijce — Thank you for your detailed review and for taking the time to share your experience with SkyTab. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your system and look forward to continuing to work together!

TA

Tariq A.

Best decision was selecting Skytab

Positive and I would recommend them over any of the other pos

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] our account manager was excellent. The entire team is responsive and we never have to wait very long for support

Cons

There has been a few issues with accepting payments but we have worked through it

Hi there Tariq! We're so happy you've made the switch to SkyTab and that you've had such a positive experience. We hope to continue exceeding your expectations in the future.

pp

patty p.

Customer Support A+

Very favorable - from the initial sales call, thru setup and training - it's been a great experience. I continue to have some features I would like to have, and they seem to update the system every week or so,

Pros

The customer service. All of the reps are very knowledgeable and they can log into our system remotely and see/fix the problem we are having. Also the reports available on the Lighthouse portal are user friendly and helpful

Cons

Modifers! We have a large menu with extensive modifiers, it's awkward but we have gotten used to it. Delay in processing credit cards. After you select cc you have to wait until it connects to the reader, Only about 5 seconds but seems like a long time when we are busy.

Hi Patty - Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback! We're thrilled that our customer service and remote assistance have been beneficial for your business. We'll definitely take your suggestions regarding modifiers into consideration for future improvements. It's fantastic to hear that your overall experience, from sales to setup, has been great. We're committed to continuously enhancing our system to meet your needs.

RG

Roberto G.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

SkyTab POS is a Game-Changer!

Pros

I have been using SkyTab POS for my business, and I am highly impressed with its features and functionality. Firstly, the user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate through different functions. With its handheld device, I can take orders and accept payments from anywhere in my establishment. This has significantly improved the efficiency of our operations and reduced wait times for customers. Plus, the device's built-in card reader ensures secure and swift transactions. Another aspect I appreciate is the robust reporting and analytics. SkyTab POS provides detailed insights into sales data, inventory management, and customer preferences.

Cons

There has been occasional challenges with their customer service and tech support. While they generally provide good support, there have been instances where response times were slower than expected or where certain issues required follow ups.

Hi Roberto — We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with SkyTab and find it very easy to use. Thank you for leaving a review!

KS

Karen S.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Ponderosa Steakhouse Vandalia IL Point of Sale and credit card processing

Pleasant. Complete. Efficient. Trusted.

Pros

Shift4 and Skytab is our Point Of Sale and Credit Card Processor. [sensitive content hidden] is our specialist there. They maintain our registers and give us support. The registers are easy to learn and we get a call back on problems quickly. They understand what we want in a system and are able to do exactly that. Changes and support are fast and complete. I've worked with 4 other POS systems and this is by far was the easiest to learn and maintain. The other three systems paled in comparison. First rate POS and support all around.

Cons

I would love to write about an opportunity here, but I really cannot think of one.

Hello Karen! It's great to hear that you're happy with your experience with SkyTab. We really appreciate your detailed review. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations!

HD

Henry D.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Was the Best and Smart Move from Square.

I’m happy

Pros

Brings and attractive online and Faster service,

Cons

At the begging was little hard to make this change but over all now is so much better

Hello Henry! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your SkyTab POS. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations!

PP

Paul P.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Good system awful customer support

Pros

It is a good all-around POS system with many functions

Cons

Contacting customer support is a nightmare. I called 3 times after a tech didn't show up. No one could tell me if a tech was on the way. They IM whatever department they need to and wait for a response. I waited 15 minutes for a response the last time I called and finally just asked for an RMA to return the piece of equipment.

Thanks for reaching out, Paul. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always looking for ways to improve, and will take this valuable feedback into consideration!

BB

Brad B.

Beyond amazing

Amazing, [sensitive content hidden] was more than helpful. 10 out of 10. I’ll recommend this to everyone just based on the tech’s knowledge an willingness to help with every question!

Pros

So easy to use! The search button for items is a big hit here! All the different ways to pay make it convenient

Cons

How to enter tips…. Seems to be too many steps…

Hello Brad, we're so happy to hear that you find SkyTab easy to use and that you are enjoying the features. We take great pride in offering top-notch service and support, and it's wonderful to know that your technician was able to assist you effectively. Thanks for leaving a review!

JC

Joaquin C.

Five Stars!

I highly recommend this system to anyone who is looking into POS systems for their business/establishment.

Pros

We recently opened a restaurant and we have been so pleased with the how easily we’ve been able to navigate our Skytab POS. The registers are super easy to learn, our team has had no issues learning it. Our employees who have worked at other restaurants have mentioned that this is the easiest one they have ever used! I also love that it helps keep track of employee time locks, and generates reports on sales etc. Our reps ([sensitive content hidden] / [sensitive content hidden]) have been beyond amazing. They have been so helpful and thorough with any questions we’ve had arise.

Cons

Any con I have is that I wish I was able to completely remove a menu item that is not needed, instead it only allows you to inactivate it. But this is a minor personal preference.

Hello Joaquin, we're so happy to hear that you are loving your SkyTab POS and the ease of use. Thank you for your detailed review. We look forward to continuing to work together!

CC

Cassie C.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Will use in additional restaurants

Love SkyTab POS and the sales and implementation teams were amazing. Quick to answer questions and so helpful. [sensitive content hidden] are my heros!!

Pros

I love that I can manage my restaurant from anywhere. Makes having a start up so much easier!

Cons

There are a few small things, but nothing that would prevent me from implementing in our next restaurant.

Hi Cassie — We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with SkyTab. Thank you for leaving a review!

PM

Peter M A.

Restaurant owner review

Pros

Our rep Dave Meslin is the absolute best! He spent countless hours getting us ready to implement the system. Ease of use for the actual point of sale. Very user friendly.

Cons

We have a huge menu and offer customers a great deal of latitude in customizing their orders. It has been very difficult getting all of the various modifiers correct so that all of the options are readily available for servers to enter orders.

Hello Peter. Thanks so much for leaving a review. We're happy to hear your sales rep was a delight to work with. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always looking for ways to improve, and will take this valuable feedback into consideration!

GH

Grant H.

3rd Pos is a charm!

Fantastic experience with getting everything going, and our salesperson [sensitive content hidden], went above and beyond to help everything go smooth.

Pros

Very Easy setup and implementation. Very easy for staff to learn/use, and very easy for backhouse management. Reports have pretty much anything you could ever want!

Cons

Not to much to not like... some very minor programming limitations, but nothing that couldn't be worked around

Hi Grant! It's great to hear that you're happy with your experience with SkyTab. We really appreciate your detailed review and we hope to continue to exceed your expectations!

KM

Kristin M.

User Friendly

Absolutely love! We have worked with many others in past and SkyTab is definitely the best!

Pros

SkyTab is a GameChanger for the restaurant owners! Front and back of house functions are so easy to use!The costumer service is top notch!

Cons

Have not come across anything yet that we didn’t like

Hi Kristin! We're so happy to hear you are loving SkyTab and the ease of use. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We can't wait to continue working together.

LG

Linda G.

SkyTab

I love being able to see the sales wherever I’m at on my phone. And being able to switch prices easily and on our own.

Pros

The ability to change orders without starting all over. The ease of the kitchen monitors and no more wasted paper.

Cons

That everytime there is an update it screws up all my computers for at least one whole day.

Hello Linda, thanks for reaching out. We're so happy to hear you're enjoying SkyTab and the ease of use. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as well. We're always looking for ways to improve, and will take this valuable feedback into consideration!

sn

sabam n.

Pos system

Pros

Easy to used and safe a lot money and quick

Cons

Customer service sometimes hard to answer right away when you need help

Hello Sabam - We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always looking for ways to improve, and will take this valuable feedback into consideration!

EH

Ejaz H.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Skytab is great

Pros

It’s awesome and user friendly. We have been using the system for over a year, and it has been working great, no issues at all.

Cons

None. It’s just awesome, no issues at all.

Hello Ejaz, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear your experience with SkyTab has been nothing but positive. We hope to keep exceeding your expectations.

RM

Ron M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Ron maki

Pros

How easy it was to learn the system also the newer technology made it easier to do reports on a daily basis

Cons

Setting up the different charges that we require for some of our deliveries

Hi Ron - Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled that SkyTab has made managing your business easier and more efficient.