1Password Logo

1Password

Password manager for businesses and families

1Password Reviews

4.7

1.7K

1,382

How would you rate 1Password?

Pros

For the staff members I have helped get set up with, they are very pleased with its ease of use. Overall experience is positive which is the most important factor to me in IT.

DM

David M.

Love this app its the best out there. I trust it and I tell my friends and coworkers about it all the time.

JG

Jessica G.

I like it can easily customize and manage group passwords, making the passwords more robust and stronger and safer.

Di Z.

Cons

Any how we should pay for this software.other than that there is no any particular disadvantage ,but unable to move an item from one vault to another directly.

SB

Sumanthan B.

Occasionally the product will stop syncing my passwords to a device. This causes problems when the database is not up to date on each device.

CP

Christopher P.

The lack of capability to integrate a personal account in the same way LastPass does or maybe switch between business and personal accounts easily is a shame.

1,754 reviews

Chris W.

Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life for Marketing and Communications and Technology

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best thing to ever happen to passwords

Transcript

Chris W: Hi, my name is Chris and I work for a marketing agency as the director of digital marketing...

Useful and just works

Transcript

Eric S.: Hi. My name is Eric and I am a UX designer. I am in the design consultancy business and I used...

5/5, recommend to everyone I meet, especially clients.

I have the business plan that includes a family plan on discount; all employees and family use it. I recommend it to all of my clients as well, as the number one security measure they can/should take.

Pros

1Password has a nice looking and easy to understand interface. It works seamlessly on my computer and mobile phone, really wherever I set it up. Ease of use and top-tier security were the two metrics I was looking for, and this aces both. Much better than LastPass, imho.

Cons

It's not unique to 1Password, but learning to use a password manager can have quite a learning curve no matter who you use. This has been a struggle for my parents, for example. Having used other password managers though, it's hard for me to find fault with this one. It's pretty smooth.

Can't remember life before a password manager

I have tried other password managers like LastPass, but the overall user experience with 1Password is the best. Sharing is easy, and 1Password never forgets a newly created password (like that sometimes happens with Apple's solution.

Pros

In a company, we share passwords for accounts we all use. Of all other solutions, 1 Password turned out to be the most user-friendly.

Cons

Unfortunately, it does not support smaller languages, which is one of the reasons not everybody is keen on starting using password managers other than those in browsers.

My day would be a mess without 1Password

I use 1Password multiples times every day for both business and personal reasons. When I first started using 1Password, I had to store my passwords in Dropbox and sync it with the application. I'm much more comfortable using 1Password now that all of my encrypted password information is only stored on 1Password's servers. Having too many locations storing and using even encrypted information can get dangerous. The features and dependability of 1Password definitely make the membership price well worth the expense. I couldn't imagine how I would keep all of my login credentials safe and up-to-date without 1Password! It's a life saver time and time again!

Pros

My absolute favorite feature is the syncing across devices. This makes it so I don't have to worry if the device I'm currently using has the most updated password stored. The password is automatically updated across all my devices instantaneously. Another feature that I like is the password generator. It saves me tons of time of not having to create a unique password for each account. I also like that you can adjust the settings on the password generator to fit the requirements for each site.

Cons

The one thing that I feel could be improved is the process of loading and accessing 1Password on a new device. It's pretty cumbersome and it's not really something you can do on the fly since you need the master code for the account. However, I do understand why it's difficult to add a new device. I don't want just anybody accessing my information on any device without my knowledge. I still think this process could be improved while still keeping it secure.

Incredibly comfortable password manager

1password is an application that offers to be our safe on all sorts of logins, passwords and other private information. Encryption, blocking access with a password and with a fingerprint, help in generating codes of varying length and complexity of our passwords. It's all there. What's more? Easy backup and synchronization with popular clouds. Security, convenience and a multiplatform tool that I can heartily recommend to everyone.

Pros

I've been using 1password only for a week but I love it already. I had no idea how comfortable it is to manage your passwords like this, not to mention security (It was not really safe for me, since i had like 2-3 passwords to all pages before). This software remembers and automatically enters my passwords to web sites and applications on all devices - the only thing I need to worry about is creating...

Cons

Not gonna lie, 1password is quite expensive compared to other password managers. Nevertheless, I think that it is worth paying the price for comfort and safety.

An invaluable password tool

I have had an excellent experience with 1Password. I use the mobile version, the desktop version, and the browser version. It has never been easier to keep track of my passwords and ensure that they are unique and complex.

Pros

This password tool easily allows for switching to complex, random, and unique passwords from the traditional approach of using the same easy-to-remember password everywhere. It also makes it simple to retrieve and populate password fields using browser extensions and sharing entire password libraries with other users is a breeze. It will also warn you when a password has been reused on other sites and when it has been compromised and appears on the web in rainbow tables for use by hackers.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of subscription-based products. Why can't I just purchase the software once and stick with that version until I decide it's time to upgrade? That is the way 1Password used to work, but now they've gone to a subscription model, along with everyone else.

Awesome password manager - Highly recommended for all users tech-savvy or not

Recommended for all users tech-savvy or not. You should be recommending password managers to friends, families and businesses to keep your passwords secure and 1Password is one of the best.

Pros

Does one thing great - It looks after your passwords for all your websites! This allows you to create one master strong password to access the 1Password software and then for every site login, you can create a random 64 character plus password which are super secure from brute force and other attacks. The manager also tells you if you have duplicate passwords, how old your passwords are and the "watchtower"...

Cons

Sometimes in Chrome you need to fully close your browser and/or reinstall the browser extension to get the software working again. Doesn't happen often and generally its likely from Chrome updates, but its only a minor irritant.

Indispensible

Pros

1password makes it as easy as possible to keep track of the passwords I use personally and those I share with my family and colleagues at work. Integrating with any website is inherently difficult but I think they do pretty well, and they're always coming out with improvements.

Cons

It's a bit confusing at times because the process of signing up for every website is different, but I don't think you can really blame 1password for that - in moments of ambiguity they sometimes create duplicate entries, and it's up to the user to cull these entries. I think that's the right strategy, it's better to not lose data, but it can definitely be a bit confusing at times - I convinced my mother-in-law to use this software but it was a bit too much for her to continue with, she now uses bad passwords and tapes post-it notes with her passwords to her screen 😬

Best Password Manager

Great. Migrating from Last Pass to 1Password was a breeze and the app has made my life so much easier when it comes to generating unique passwords for login, setting up 2-factor authentication, and more.

Pros

I love the Yubikey integration, as well as the ability to add QR codes to generate 2FA codes to increase security. No more racing the clock to open multiple apps on your phone to copy and paste time-sensitive codes.

Cons

Sometimes the app takes a second to load, causing the beach ball to spin on my Mac computers. However, this does not happen often.

Best Password Manager EVER!

It's been so incredibly easy to manage everything from a single platform that's not only functional but practical. I've used other password managers and it's been a challenge. With 1Password, it's just... easy.

Pros

I love the ease and simplicity of this program. There are lots of customizations available for each login and it's easy to get overwhelmed by the opportunities you have with this product. I particularly like that I can safely store social security numbers, credit cards, passports, and more. Even better, some websites share logins and you can set a single login to apply to multiple websites - that alone...

Cons

Ironically... nothing. I wish I could tell you something, but there's nothing I don't like about it so far. Time will tell, but for now, it's easy to use.

The Hardware-Software Password Solution

Despite their progress toward cloud-based services, we still love 1Password. It's easy to separate personal from business passwords (using vaults) and we're satisfied with the security-it implements TouchID for macOS and iOS. We rest soundly knowing our data is securely encrypted and with the apps we can access our data even without an internet connection (which happens often for us as we travel and work in rural countries).

Pros

My [our] favorite thing about 1Password is that it's hardware-based (as opposed to cloud-only). In our firm, we deal with lots of client passwords that we prefer to have securely handled on our own encrypted servers. 1Password has allowed us to do this and the app is easy to use, works on desktop and mobile, and is frequently updated.

Cons

We least enjoy the fact that 1Password's moving slowly toward being cloud-based. The most recent update of the browser extension now requires a log-in to function. Secondly, through the app experience, we're being asked to upgrade or sign-up for an online service. We've updated more slowly now as a result so we can stay cloud-free for privacy concerns.

The best Password Vault

It does so much more than just store passwords. It can quickly generate new passwords, store specific detailed information and is always there with a click or a touch or face id. Very well built.

Pros

The easy of use of this app is amazing. Great plugins, widgets, add-ons, and apps. Easy to access across all of my devices. Easy to share passwords and organize them all. Goes beyond just passwords. IDs, Bank Accounts, Passports, Membership Numbers, etc.

Cons

The cost any be a bit prohibitive. Especially since I have been using this app for over 5 years when it was once free. Would have been nice to get it free since I have been a long time user and beta tester.

The Gold Standard for Password Managersce

Once you have got ALL of your personal information entered, it is a breeze to log into online accounts, change usernames and passwords, access personal info to fill in forms, etc. If you have a problem, their online forum is usually VERY helpful. Agilebits staff are responsive, respectful and skilled at solving problems.

Pros

I've used 1Password for more than 5 years. I've tried other password managers. Nothing... repeat nothing beats 1Password for it value, it's design, its constant improvements, its customer support, and its effectiveness as a tool for managing passwords and securely storing virtually every piece of personal information. It has become, without question, THE most important software I own.

Cons

It is challenging to get started. I recommend this app to a lot of friends and coach people in getting it up and running. It takes trust and dedication to enter all of your personal info and login credentials for ALL of your online accounts... identity, banks, credit cards, brokerage, social security, medical, drivers license, passport, memberships, software licenses, etc.

Never forget a password again

Overall I am very happy with my experience using 1Password. My log in information is now more secure, and I save time using the auto fill feature vs finding my password, copying, and pasting from a second document. Using this product for work also encouraged me to use a password manager in my personal life.

Pros

Like many people, I used to save my login information in an un-secure document, which I would reference when logging in. 1Password improves upon this in so many ways. It is easy to save new passwords when creating account or logging in the first time, and even easier to auto populate credentials when coming back to a site. On top of all that, it is infinitely safer than saving credentials in a random...

Cons

There are no big cons to 1Passord. The biggest challenge is getting everyone bought in and actually using it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

So good you'd recommend it to your mom!

I've been a web developer for 13 years. The insane number of different websites, tools, software licenses, and resources that I have in 1Password would make even the most powerful spreadsheet software blush. 1Password removes all need to index and maintain these items login items. Visit the website, click the icon and away we go.

Pros

Integration. The level to which 1Password has become part of my personal, family and work is a little scary. I keep any and all personal information in there. Passwords, health records, credit cards, private notes. The list could go on.

Cons

The two versions 1Password and 1Password X threw me a little when I bought a new Microsoft Surface and loaded 1Password on it. I started with X before realizing that I wanted to use v7 with the browser plugin. Other than that though the software pays for itself even time I have to log in somewhere.

Easy, feature-rich, and secure

1Password is a well-rounded product that should suit many different types of business environments.

Pros

1Password goes out of its way to make security more accessible for end-users. It isn't as though I couldn't use a competing product if I needed to, but it features a good deal of "quality-of-life" automation such as being able to scan a QR code on a web page. It also includes some of the most bulletproof security I've seen yet on a password management product.

Cons

It isn't an inexpensive service, but compared to the competition - especially when you factor in add-on services as many of them do - you come out ahead.

The best password manager

1Password is a fantastic tool that will help you to manage your passwords and private data for a very fair price. Having one different password for every website can be a pain but 1Password makes it easier than ever. If you wonder how you'll manage to login into apps & websites on your phone, the mobile app works like a charm and all your data is synchronized in the background.

Pros

1Password gives you an easy and secure way to manage all your credentials. Both Mac and iOS app are fast and stable. I love how you can not only save passwords but also some important data like credit card numbers, bank accounts, software licenses and many more. The 2FA integration is flawless, whenever you need a 2FA code, 1Passwords copies it and also restores your previous clipboard after a few seconds. This is one of the best features for me. Not knowing any of my passwords but being able to sign-in only with FaceID or my fingerprint is an amazing feeling. 1Password is an excellent tool to use at work as well.

Cons

I wish 1Password had a tool to import Dashlane passwords other than using a CVS file. Another feature from Dashlane that I miss is the ability to auto-login as soon as a web page is loaded.

Want to stay safe online? Got to use 1Password.

I have used this software forever. The developer is extremely responsive, and innovates with new operating system updates from Apple to use whatever new things Apple introduces. With iOS and OSX now, getting at my passwords with Face ID or on my Mac with unlock using my watch or thumb print is stupid simple and so straight forward. I would not move to any other software.

Pros

Makes it super easy to record and note new accounts you create on websites and offers to auto save them. When you jump to a website, autofill is stupid easy to the fields that are needed. Also, now with 2FA being almost a requirement, it manages those too and will put those codes on your clipboard and have them ready to paste when you need them. It will also tell you when those sites that use that feature have that available for you so that you are able to turn it on and keep your account secure. Generating passwords for your accounts are really easy too and having different vaults for work / personal are really nice. It's also multi-platform.

Cons

There is not really much not to like. Some may be turned off by the recurring subscription, but that's the market right now and it keeps you passwords safe and encrypted on their website. I really wish they made it easier to do the one time payment offline version, but they have hidden that more on their website to push you towards the subscription model.

Keep your sensible data sound and safe and feel free to forget them

Thanks to 1password I am no longer afraid to forget important passwords, especially the ones related to my work tools. Every day I access multiple platforms and I guess I couldn’t do it without 1Password anymore. No more sheets of paper or data saved around!

Pros

1Password is terrible helpful, especially for those who work with multiple platforms and online tools, just like me. By installing the software and its extension you will no longer have any password problems. The only thing you have to do is remembering your master password to access to 1Password and then the game is done. Indeed, the software will storage all your sensible data, from passwords, to...

Cons

Sometimes the shortcut command didn’t work, I still don’t know when and why it happens. Maybe it is my fault. To proper use the search function you should well organize your name and data in order to avoid any loss of time.

1Password is the one and only!

1Password allows me to have a different password for every website without the need to remember a single one! Since purchasing a 1Password subscription, I have increased the difficulty of my passwords to make them more secure. In the past, I would be afraid of forgetting these passwords so I would tend to stick to the same fairly simple password everywhere. 1Password has made my life much more secure!

Pros

1Password keeps all of my passwords in one place, safe and organized. I only need to remember the master password and upon doing so, you get access to your database. Say goodbye to the days of writing down usernames and passwords for each specific website or program and then forgetting where it was you wrote it down at. I have it both on my home computer as an extension as well as on my mobile phone. It also allows you to save credit card information. If you need or want to share passwords with specific family members, 1Password makes that possible too, without having to worry about unauthorized users getting access.

Cons

I wish there was a free plan option, or at least a free trial but it is worth the cost for that peace of mind. The world is full of people who spend their life trying to scam someone's personal information, specifically those who choose easy passwords/repeat passwords. With 1Password I do not have to have the same password for every website just to ensure that I remember it. 1Password does that for me. Because of this, I have 15+ different passwords that are all saved securely through 1Password.

A MUST HAVE APP

We use 1Password to store passwords for our Adobe, Microsoft, Vimeo and other shared accounts that are accessed by our employees.

Pros

1Password is super simple and secure, allowing our company to store (and internally share) the passwords to our various media and software accounts. The two factor authentication is also great, giving us even more peace of mind when accessing sensitive data. It is also fairly priced. We have tried a few different password storage options and this by far is our favorite!

Cons

I wish that 1Password had some kind of live chat/phone support, as we've run into small issues from time-to-time that took a bit longer to solve than we would've liked. Speaking to a rep over the phone would have made the process much simpler to solve. Otherwise, we love this service!

The best app out there for password management

They're the best in the game. I've been a happy customer for about 10 years or something like that. Their support team is friendly and humorous.

Pros

They are on EVERY platform, and 1Password never gets in the way of my workflow. They were the first ones to do it and they are the best ones.

Cons

Minor things with their password generation experience on mobile specifically.

1Password for Small Teams

We are ensuring that our internal logins and notes are stored safely and securely and that only the people who need access to them can use them.

Pros

At our agency, we are now working mostly remotely and have a lot of internal accounts that we must store safely and keep protected. This tool is incredibly handy. The Chrome extension is so extremely useful and auto-fills logins and passwords directly into the tool. You can even have it autofill it without letting people see what the password is, which is an added/bonus safety feature that we use almost exclusively. It's so nice that you can also enter custom fields and other notes and information into each vault and organize the vaults by project, team, client, and have private vaults for your own personal usage. The tool is safe and secure.

Cons

The tool can be a tad clunky to navigate at first and sometimes the extension works a bit slow, however, for the minimal cost and quality of security, it's not a major issue at all. It's very simple to implement once you get used to it.

The best password handling solution for all your devices: simple, secure and well integrated

Seamless integration in all my devices, complete control of the information stored, transparent password handling. It is a very recommended software for anyone, especially power users such as businesses.

Pros

The first thing you need in this kind of software is a company you can trust and apps that feel secure : 1Password is basically that. It has an intuitive interface that anyone can use, it is beautiful and well integrated, and by far surpasses the "keychain access" and other built in apps by giving you control of what it stores and synchronizes, and how. I knew of this software because it was featured in one of Apple keynotes some years ago, and you know that when Apple promotes a software (especially one related to security of data) this means business.

Cons

I bought 1password for iPhone and iPad with the old pricing model: buy once and use it forever (I think it was an in-app purchase). I never bought the Mac version because I thought of it as being expensive and the integrated environment for Safari in MacOS didn't justify the price, as I always have my phone with me. Now that the pricing scheme has changed it makes much more sense to have the Desktop version as well, especially if you are a family or a business. There are pros and cons to the pricing scheme but for some power users (again business and families) it's worth the money.

Everyone should use a password manager. 1Password is a good option for most normal users

Pros

A great tool to help an average user increase their password security in an easy and convenient way. Following good password security doesn't take much time with software like 1Password - most of the time investment is in the initial setup. After this login speed doesn't really take much longer than normal when running on your normal personal computer. The tradeoff for this is to create a much more secure computing environment for whatever services you tend to use.

Cons

1Password offers an online storage option. This has convenience. However it does provide vulnerability. The most secure passwords should be stored offline - but for an average user whos' account to secure doesn't contain critical sensitive passwords this is 'good enough' security.

Essential Software to Manage Your Online Security

Overall, it "Just Works" and I can rest assured that my passwords are secure and that I never have to know what any of them are (or even remember any of those pesky security questions).

Pros

It's great to never have to create or remember a password again! I simply generate and store them in 1password. If there's ever a security concern or I need to rotate the passwords, it's easy to do so without pain.

Cons

On an Android phone, the autocomplete sometimes has a bit of hesitation or doesn't find the right fields. Still, 1password is the most reliable password manager on Android that I've experiences after trying a few competitors. In fact, the quality of the Android integration is what made me switch from LastPass.