All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

1Password Business Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

It's easy to use, it's easy to set up, and it's quick. Organization is excellent and how it syncs and integrates with your devices and web browsers is excellent.

Ramiro O.

Read the full review
It's very easy to use, and has great integrations with all other platforms I needed - Web, Android, iPhone & Mac. Its sync feature works great and it feels very secure.

Read the full review
Great user interface, intuitive design, and good detection of sites and apps when a password is needed (the most important criteria for me when it comes to ease of use!).

Read the full review

Cons

Although security is the foundation of the company, I still get worried that the password may leak. There are government organizations out there that are vulnerable to cyber attacks.

Prince K.

Read the full review
But like all password managers, if i forget or misplace the master password, I will loose all of my passwords, and given it's cloud based, I feel vulnerable to attacks.

Antonio Pedro Faria C.

Read the full review
If you forget your password to this software you will lose all your other passwords and there is no way to reset your password if you forget it.

Lloyd R.

1,070

1,369 reviews

Best thing to ever happen to passwords

Useful and just works

A must have tool for me.

I've been very pleased. They continue to innovate and I rely on their product every day. Now that I've upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I have the family version I can easily keep all of my info up to date easily on all of my devices and share logins with my family when needed. I'm VERY happy.

Pros

I started using this tool over 10 years ago. At the time I was making a transition from Windows to the Mac. I had already been using a password manager for a long time and 1Password seemed to be the best option for the Mac. Over the years I continued to use the standalone plugin on my single computer. I have recently transitioned to the option that keeps all my devices synced and I can't imagine ever going back.

Cons

There were times when I had to get various versions to remain compatible with certain OS changes. Some of the newer versions of the software were not running on older Mac OS versions. The support team was helpful in getting it sorted out.

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

1Password, the king of password management

Overall, 1Password Business is the 1Password we know and love, but it's for business. Additionally, everyone gets a 1Password Families which is a fantastic value. Plus, their support is fast and helpful.

Pros

First of all, the base product (1Password Personal) that facilitates password management, is terrific. Everything is made as easy as it can be, without sacrificing even one bit of security. It's easy to use, relatively easy to introduce into your life and then you can't live without it. The 1Password for Families is even better, because not only you can securely share passwords, but each member has...

Cons

The only drawback I can think of, is the occasional feature that the competition may have (for example, automatic changing of your weak passwords) which 1Password refuses to implement, unless there's a 100% safe way for them to do it. So, they might miss one or two smaller features, but their security is absolutely uncompromising.

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for individuals

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze. Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it. Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll...

Hi Jeremy Brand, Thank you for reviewing 1Password! I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you. Thanks! Best regards, Roustem Founder of 1Password Toronto, Canada

Complex, But the Best Password Manager Out There

1Password is a software I would insist on using at any company, especially where sharing information amongst coworkers is essential, and—without question—when sharing virtual credit card information is necessary. It offers a lot of peace of mind in that regard.

Pros

I find 1Password to be the most secure answer to sharing most types of confidential information. Mostly, as the name suggests, this software is great for sharing passwords and/or full login credentials, but it's also great for securely storing credit card information, official eyes-only documents, and a great deal more. The browser integration specifically allows access to most of this information seamlessly, with no compromise in security.

Cons

I used 1Password for many years as a Team Member at another company, and now as the Owner/Administrator, I'm responsible for setting up the accounts of all employees. Onboarding new users tends to be a bit time consuming, and the desktop app and browser dashboards have completely different UIs, as does the browser extension, which sort of feels like I'm running three software trainings at once. It would streamline the onboarding process a lot if all of the UIs were consistent, but it's a small price to pay for what you get, and is entirely worth it.

1Password manages passwords and becomes a dashboard for sites

Very efficient and easy to use. Saves an enormous about of time. Works well across platforms. Having a web interface with all sites you use regularly has a lot of value in addition to the password management.

Pros

1Password is very easy to use with both Windows and Android. You can also login in from the web and see a dashboard overview of all the web sites that you use and have passwords for. Passwords are easy to pop in and 1Password uses biometric login on Android phone which is quite handy.

Cons

Some apps are beginning to want to use biometric logins of their own which can be irritating since I prefer to limit this to 1Password. On occasion with the Android app, I need to enter 1Paaword app and copy a password and then go back to app where I need it (a few apps won't allow autofill.

Indispensible

Pros

1password makes it as easy as possible to keep track of the passwords I use personally and those I share with my family and colleagues at work. Integrating with any website is inherently difficult but I think they do pretty well, and they're always coming out with improvements.

Cons

It's a bit confusing at times because the process of signing up for every website is different, but I don't think you can really blame 1password for that - in moments of ambiguity they sometimes create duplicate entries, and it's up to the user to cull these entries. I think that's the right strategy, it's better to not lose data, but it can definitely be a bit confusing at times - I convinced my mother-in-law to use this software but it was a bit too much for her to continue with, she now uses bad passwords and tapes post-it notes with her passwords to her screen 😬

1Password for Small Teams

We are ensuring that our internal logins and notes are stored safely and securely and that only the people who need access to them can use them.

Pros

At our agency, we are now working mostly remotely and have a lot of internal accounts that we must store safely and keep protected. This tool is incredibly handy. The Chrome extension is so extremely useful and auto-fills logins and passwords directly into the tool. You can even have it autofill it without letting people see what the password is, which is an added/bonus safety feature that we use almost exclusively. It's so nice that you can also enter custom fields and other notes and information into each vault and organize the vaults by project, team, client, and have private vaults for your own personal usage. The tool is safe and secure.

Cons

The tool can be a tad clunky to navigate at first and sometimes the extension works a bit slow, however, for the minimal cost and quality of security, it's not a major issue at all. It's very simple to implement once you get used to it.

Ease-Of Use and Reputation

It's easy to use, it's easy to describe and train others to use and it's secure / reliable.

Pros

Wide-spread availability of plugins and integrations

Cons

It sometimes has difficultly adding or updating from certain web sites, but that's probably more of security decision than a real con.

Helpful for security

The software has brought peace of mind and flexibility to our online presence.

Pros

Feeling safe with my online accounts has given me peace of mind and helped me log into accounts quicker and easier.

Cons

Getting the program setup is a bit cumbersome but also you really can't complain once it's done. No complaints!

Must Have for password management

Pros

The price of the lowest tier is hard to beat, and its amazing to get passwords syncd to all my devices, I have more than 250 passwords saved in this app, and it is a huge time saver and life saver. My wife and I share the app and it gives me peace of mind knowing I'm automatically sharing all our most important information with the click of a button, if anything ever happened to me, or if I wasn't available, she doesn't need to text me for the password, and I have to text her back (which is SOOO not a secure way to share pwds). This app we both use everyday both personally and professionally, I can't recommend it enough

Cons

there are some ui things which are a little quirky, but nothing major. For example, if I'm looking in one vault and I search then things from my other vaults don't show up and I have to do a couple extra clicks to get there, it would be nice if I could automagically everytime search across all my vaults.

1Password Helps You Get A Handle On Proliferating Passwords

1Password has dramatically streamlined my ability to access all kinds of business and personal on-line accounts. I no longer have to flip through my hard-copy notebook looking for a username and password. No more scribbling out old, expired passwords and trying to find space to write down the new one. It amazes me how many times per day I use the application. It feels like I am able to complete my work in a noticably shorter time. I am using paid subscriptions - such as to newspapers and cloud-storage accounts - more and getting more value from them, whereas before the need to rummage for a password caused me to hold back from using them.

Pros

The 1Password app "lives" on your computer, tablet or smartphone and makes it much faster to retrieve the username and password for a given Website, and to use this data to log into an account on the site. It provides a secure, encrypted repository for my list of usernames and passwords - which was badly needed, since my collection of online accounts and their associated credentials seems to be expanding...

Cons

Occasionally this software glitches - it doesn't crash or anything severe like that, but sometimes, on a few accounts/Web sites, it does not "get me in" on the first try and I have to make a second or even a third attempt. I always do manage to get into the account, but in these cases (which I should emphasize, are a minority of cases) I do have to attempt login a couple times. Also, the product appears...

User since version 1

I've used 1Password since it was a one-man operation and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the sole developer, customer support guy, etc. I could not operate in anything like a secure fashion on-line without 1Password. I've used it since version 1, and would not think about have an on-line presence without it. While there are simple password managers available for free, none approach the sophistication...

Pros

1Password, in its cross-platform, cloud-based version, is incredibly easy to use. If you have a biometrics enabled device, like an iPhone with Touch ID, or Face ID, coupled with a Mac with Touch ID, it is incredibly accessible for simple password creation and management. And, if you're like me, you are forced to use a Windows machine for work, but use a Mac at home, the cross-platform capabilities...

Cons

As the application has grown more sophisticated, its ease of use has declined. That is inevitable, but some of the intuitiveness of the the application has been lost over the years. Computer security in general is not at all simple. Unfortunately, some of that complexity has crept into the humble password manager, including 1Password. That said, 1Password is an incredibly powerful, and useful application.

Secure and reliable password storage solution

I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can...

Pros

This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Cons

It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers. What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection...

Pros

*Easy to use. *Computer and Mobile App support. *Extensions to use with most browsers *Access saved passwords from anywhere *Storage software keys and passwords *Save credit card information for (Autofill) *Minimal graphic user interface *Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers *Free trial *Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates *Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database. *Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud. *There is currently no two factor authentication *Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

Middle of the road software

The features I paid for in 1Password became free in it’s competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product). For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Pros

This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Cons

It didn’t scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didn’t get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

Brilliant Software,

Previously we had a password management system which was only accessible on devices within our domain. With 1Password being cloud-based it is accessible, securely, from multiple app options as well as a browser page so gives us much more freedom to visit sites and access any details we need

Pros

The ease of use. It's very simple to administer

Cons

The price is a little high for my liking

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Cons

It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

Good if you only need it for web sites

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine. My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Love 1Password!

I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Pros

1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Cons

I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Happy Customer

Experience has been great. I started with standalone licence but now I use 1password subscription on a personal level and team work account. I don't know how we survived before without having 1password in the past. It takes the guesswork of all the accounts we have to manage. We have over 1000 passwords for all the web accounts, network switches, projectors, computers, laptop carts, and credit...

Pros

Everything. Clean look. Simple to use. Open and Fill is a big time saver. I love however you can integrate it into the autofill on IOS passwords. I see apps developing with the 1Password icon for quick log in Supports 2SV

Cons

There is not much I have found that I dislike. I wish I could make some custom categories. I wish the standalone licence would have a changed password history.

'Almost' ..... Flawless

For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit. You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program... garbage in <--> garbage out. It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top...

Pros

Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Cons

Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.
 Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards,...

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view. The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately,...

Pros

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest. - Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when...

Cons

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI. - Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Pros

Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless...

Cons

I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.