1Password Reviews

1Password

Password manager for businesses and families

1Password

Review Summary

Pros

After researching different options, I settled on 1Password as a good mix of cost vs quality, and I am happy to say it has mostly been a positive experience.

Lance P.

Like that you can create the strongest passwords ever with their help, all you need is a very good master password. And you have to enter it so often that youll remember that one.

Serianna v.

I love being able to offload and lock away all my passwords with peace of mind. 1Password has saved me so much time by remembering my passwords and login info and generating strong passwords.

Shirley C.

Cons

But like all password managers, if i forget or misplace the master password, I will loose all of my passwords, and given it's cloud based, I feel vulnerable to attacks.

Antonio Pedro Faria C.

Although security is the foundation of the company, I still get worried that the password may leak. There are government organizations out there that are vulnerable to cyber attacks.

Prince K.

If you forget your password to this software you will lose all your other passwords and there is no way to reset your password if you forget it.

Lloyd R.

A MUST HAVE APP

We use 1Password to store passwords for our Adobe, Microsoft, Vimeo and other shared accounts that are accessed by our employees.

Pros

1Password is super simple and secure, allowing our company to store (and internally share) the passwords to our various media and software accounts. The two factor authentication is also great, giving us even more peace of mind when accessing sensitive data. It is also fairly priced. We have tried a few different password storage options and this by far is our favorite!

Cons

I wish that 1Password had some kind of live chat/phone support, as we've run into small issues from time-to-time that took a bit longer to solve than we would've liked. Speaking to a rep over the phone would have made the process much simpler to solve. Otherwise, we love this service!

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

One of the best password managers on the market, too bad the push for subscription model

Great password manager. Used it in all my devices, across platforms. Migrated away from it because of the price and not agreeing with the product/company direction.

Pros

It's overall a great product, with lots of points in favor: - secure - clean interface - great browser integration - sync between platforms - lots of different types of items (logins, notes, credit cards, ..) - items are very customizable

Cons

I wasn't particularly fan of the push to a subscription/cloud based model, as well as the funding received. Although there are still options to purchase a standalone license, they are quite expensive IMO. Furthermore, they essentially broke Safari support for older versions, which require you to update to version 7. Shame.

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for individuals

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze. Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it. Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll...

Hi Jeremy Brand, Thank you for reviewing 1Password! I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you. Thanks! Best regards, Roustem Founder of 1Password Toronto, Canada

Take control of your companies passwords

I tend to change the most shared passwords somewhat often to force people to the 1password copy password feature so they don't move it around. Also when a team member leaves the company i have precise knowledge of the service she has access to and i can change those passwords.

Pros

The integration on my daily flow is just great. The iPhone app works in most of the apps, non-native apps tend to have problems. And in almost all the websites. Also the browser extensions are great. This product has polished the main flows a lot and it can noticed. On our company is vital to provide access to services so people are autonomous but reducing the risk of them taking the password to another service or when they leave the company.

Cons

You don't get to share passwords between vaults. This causes me a lot of extra work because i have vaults for my company's team and in many cases they have access to the same passwords. I have to keep multiple copies of the password which is a huge pain when i need to change them. Also the chrome integration broke somehow and i it forced me to switch to Firefox, not so bad because FF is a great browser but i think 1password changes a little too much the way the integration works and now is broken. That's it

Brilliant Software,

Previously we had a password management system which was only accessible on devices within our domain. With 1Password being cloud-based it is accessible, securely, from multiple app options as well as a browser page so gives us much more freedom to visit sites and access any details we need

Pros

The ease of use. It's very simple to administer

Cons

The price is a little high for my liking

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Cons

It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

Easy to use password management

A very good piece of software, serving most of our team at work and ensuring our accounts and systems are properly protected.

Pros

The user interface of 1Password is great, it's mobile friendly, accessible with good color contrasts and works well across different web browsers. The ability to identify poor passwords and offer good alternatives is very good, this saves considerable time and helps avoid potential security breaches.

Cons

1Password can sometimes be slow to load, this may be due to the face I have a huge number of passwords and data stored.

Finally - everything secure in one place!

Pros

1Password's primary focus (appropriately) is on security. They also put a great amount of focus on usability, which is also much appreciated.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind. I purchased the family account and want my parents to use it more often - but that's their issue, not the software.

A no brainer for your own security

I am using 1Password for business, to keep all of my account credentials private. It's a no-brainer to use this. Its value exceeds the subscription cost to know that my accounts are protected and that I never have to remember another password.

Pros

I love that this is quickly accessible from a keyboard shortcut or my browser bar, and that I can easily set up secure passwords that I don't have to remember.

Cons

It tends to log me out a little quicker than I'd like, but I'm sure it's more secure that way. Just seems a little bit too soon, but there may be a log out setting I can update.

Secure and reliable password storage solution

I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can...

Pros

This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Cons

It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers. What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection...

Pros

*Easy to use. *Computer and Mobile App support. *Extensions to use with most browsers *Access saved passwords from anywhere *Storage software keys and passwords *Save credit card information for (Autofill) *Minimal graphic user interface *Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers *Free trial *Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates *Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database. *Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud. *There is currently no two factor authentication *Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

Middle of the road software

The features I paid for in 1Password became free in it’s competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product). For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Pros

This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Cons

It didn’t scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didn’t get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

Good if you only need it for web sites

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine. My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Love 1Password!

I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Pros

1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Cons

I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Happy Customer

Experience has been great. I started with standalone licence but now I use 1password subscription on a personal level and team work account. I don't know how we survived before without having 1password in the past. It takes the guesswork of all the accounts we have to manage. We have over 1000 passwords for all the web accounts, network switches, projectors, computers, laptop carts, and credit...

Pros

Everything. Clean look. Simple to use. Open and Fill is a big time saver. I love however you can integrate it into the autofill on IOS passwords. I see apps developing with the 1Password icon for quick log in Supports 2SV

Cons

There is not much I have found that I dislike. I wish I could make some custom categories. I wish the standalone licence would have a changed password history.

'Almost' ..... Flawless

For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit. You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program... garbage in <--> garbage out. It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top...

Pros

Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Cons

Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.
 Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards,...

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view. The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately,...

Pros

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest. - Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when...

Cons

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI. - Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Pros

Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless...

Cons

I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

I'm a very happy paying customer

Pros

I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is...

Cons

Honestly, I'm stuggling to think of anything. I work on multiple computers and therefore need things to effortlessly sync between them, and one pain point used to be a sort of fiddly and unreliable sync using Dropbox as a bridge. The syncing is now rock solid (using iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), so is no longer a problem.

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever made.

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Pros

In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going...

Cons

It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.

Simply brilliant - impossible to live without.

Pros

Since every site really should have it's own password or so we're told by the security experts. Yet I only need ONE single password to make it all work and make it all secure. Who has the time to make AND remember a secure password for every site? Most people have enough trouble remembering both their email and their login password let alone having separate passwords for every account.. Enter...

Cons

1password v6 was hard to for luddites (and those who have little interest in computers but are forced to use them) to use and understand. Unfortunately I've had to abandon a few 1password deployments due to the users not understanding how to use it. With version 7 this looks to be significantly easier and unlikely to still be an issue.

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Pros

Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each...

Cons

I wish there was a way to stop a password / pin number being flagged as weak if you have no alternative to the length of the password/pin. Also, I would love a feature that made a smart list of logins that have not been used in a user specified period of time. Such as, "not used in 6 months, not used in 1 year, not used in 2 years.... etc. That way one could begin weeding out accounts set up for one use, and no longer needed. One could go to that site and delete the account so there are not "orphan" accounts lingering in the ether.

Incredibly comfortable password manager

1password is an application that offers to be our safe on all sorts of logins, passwords and other private information. Encryption, blocking access with a password and with a fingerprint, help in generating codes of varying length and complexity of our passwords. It's all there. What's more? Easy backup and synchronization with popular clouds. Security, convenience and a multiplatform tool that I can heartily recommend to everyone.

Pros

I've been using 1password only for a week but I love it already. I had no idea how comfortable it is to manage your passwords like this, not to mention security (It was not really safe for me, since i had like 2-3 passwords to all pages before). This software remembers and automatically enters my passwords to web sites and applications on all devices - the only thing I need to worry about is creating...

Cons

Not gonna lie, 1password is quite expensive compared to other password managers. Nevertheless, I think that it is worth paying the price for comfort and safety.