1Password Reviews

4.76/5 (444 reviews)

Anonymous

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Reviewed 2018-09-08

Dead simple password management, sharing and entryFirstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless to generate new passwords for different services, avoiding the pitfalls of using a consistent password. A year or so ago, a service I use had a password breach - however the password that was leaked was unique to that service which really contained the problem to just resetting that single account. I love the family account features, where me and my partner can keep shared access to the latest credentials for certain non-critical things like food apps or Netflix.

Nate Cannon

I'm a very happy paying customer

Reviewed 2018-07-12

I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is inevitable, then essentially they all are). Enter the hero of this sad tale--1Password! I have used this software for years now, and I recently upgraded to the family account to get my wife on board. As a result, I use a different ridiculously complex and secure password for every website I visit without needing to remember any of them. I simply use a keyboard shortcut that will automatically fill in those usernames and passwords for me. I love it. Worried about not having a password you'll need while out and about and away from your computer? Not to worry, they also have great mobile apps that'll take care of you there. Also, how many times have you had to ask your spouse/SO for the username/password for some shared account (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, bank account, etc)? No longer. With a 1Password account, those can now be easily and automatically shared to a common vault. Also worth mentioning is one of my favorite features of any piece of software--it disappears into the background. It just queitly and reliably works in the background with little to no upkeep.

Anonymous

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever made.

Reviewed 2018-06-23

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places. In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Mark Havas

Simply brilliant - impossible to live without.

Reviewed 2018-06-07

Since every site really should have it's own password or so we're told by the security experts. Yet I only need ONE single password to make it all work and make it all secure. Who has the time to make AND remember a secure password for every site? Most people have enough trouble remembering both their email and their login password let alone having separate passwords for every account.. Enter 1password. A simple easy and effective way to generate strong and secure passwords that you need to log into a website these days. Hit a new website that requires yet another password? Open 1password, generate a password and voila. It automatically saves the username and password for you. Coming back another day to log in to said site? Hit two buttons, enter your master password and the rest happens for you. 1password automatically enters the username and password that you've saved previously. When two of the best in the IT Security fields including Troy Hunt recommend 1password, you know that it is very secure. Even better is that now 1password connects to haveibeenpwned.com. That way if your password is revealed to the world by way of a breach, you can find out simply, log in and change the password. This is checked against the constantly updated haveibeenpwned.com database (without sending your password). Can't recommend it highly enough!

W. Kent Walker, BSN, RN

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Reviewed 2018-06-01

Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each one. The password generator is a fantastic utility. I just look at the website's requirements and make the password the maximum length and complexity. Watchtower is great for data breaches that I might not otherwise know about and the "aging" of passwords is helpful to keep my rotation current. Storage of software, licenses, SSN, credit cards and the like is brilliant. I can fill in websites with my current info at one or two clicks. I was not crazy about the subscription change in 1Password 7 but as long as it stays at the current price for those of us who have switched, I think it is a good deal. I hope it never gets too expensive and we have no option but to pay or lose the program. I have been using 1Password since (If I remember correctly, Version 2 and have it on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot say enough good things.

Incredibly comfortable password manager

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-16

1password is an application that offers to be our safe on all sorts of logins, passwords and other private information. Encryption, blocking access with a password and with a fingerprint, help in generating codes of varying length and complexity of our passwords. It's all there. What's more? Easy backup and synchronization with popular clouds. Security, convenience and a multiplatform tool that I can heartily recommend to everyone. I've been using 1password only for a week but I love it already. I had no idea how comfortable it is to manage your passwords like this, not to mention security (It was not really safe for me, since i had like 2-3 passwords to all pages before). This software remembers and automatically enters my passwords to web sites and applications on all devices - the only thing I need to worry about is creating and remembering one solid, main password. What's even better - I don't even need this password in the mobile app - my fingerprint lines are enough. This program is able to operate the password generator perfectly, adapting them to the requirements of websites. Apart from the fact that it is convenient, 1password is extremely safe. It also has the ability to audit our secret data. The program checks how long ago I changed my password. Information about the security breach is also monitored, so that I will be able to keep up to date in case my login parameters have leaked and whether they should be updated. What is important, the program also offers a lot of tools that further increase security, including the function of analyzing the strength of the password and the website to which Ilog in (in terms of potential gaps).This software can also, for example, let the user know that a defect has been detected on the site he is logging into, and that it is recommended to change the password.

Patrizia Iacovelli

Keep your sensible data sound and safe and feel free to forget them

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Thanks to 1password I am no longer afraid to forget important passwords, especially the ones related to my work tools. Every day I access multiple platforms and I guess I couldn’t do it without 1Password anymore. No more sheets of paper or data saved around!1Password is terrible helpful, especially for those who work with multiple platforms and online tools, just like me. By installing the software and its extension you will no longer have any password problems. The only thing you have to do is remembering your master password to access to 1Password and then the game is done. Indeed, the software will storage all your sensible data, from passwords, to payment details and software licenses. Save your credentials is much more easy thanks to the browser extension. Every time you access to a new online account, 1password will ask you to save your login credentials and then, thanks to the ctrl+\ shortcut, it will easily recall your data and auto-fill the credential fields. It’s so comfortable. For each platform you are free to save multiple accounts and information, you can also effectively organize your data by setting custom titles to each data series. 1Password has also a useful automatic password generator that saves you having to think about complex passwords, what else?

Rodrigo Garcia Nava

The best password handling solution for all your devices: simple, secure and well integrated

Reviewed 2018-08-02

Seamless integration in all my devices, complete control of the information stored, transparent password handling. It is a very recommended software for anyone, especially power users such as businesses. The first thing you need in this kind of software is a company you can trust and apps that feel secure : 1Password is basically that. It has an intuitive interface that anyone can use, it is beautiful and well integrated, and by far surpasses the "keychain access" and other built in apps by giving you control of what it stores and synchronizes, and how. I knew of this software because it was featured in one of Apple keynotes some years ago, and you know that when Apple promotes a software (especially one related to security of data) this means business.

Michael Tennes

First App to buy!

Reviewed 2018-06-01

I help many fellow Apple user's with their devices across a broad spectrum of user requirements. The common denominator is that it today's online world EVERYONE needs a highly secure presence to protect their data. I have used 1Password from its first release, and it's an indispensable tool. So much so that to everyone with a Mac, I recommend it as the FIRST application they buy (subscribe), before anything else. 99% of people who come to me for help, when seeing the benefit, sign up for a subscription. Many of us complained, myself included, when Agilebits went to a subscription-based model. But if you take a step back, it is an incredible value. You always have the latest release on every platform, you don't have to use some other Cloud syncing option. For less than a cup of you get all these benefits. I sleep better at night when I've fixed all the vulnerabilities that the built-in security audit, like Watchtower, alerts have been resolved. With each release, there are major improvements. Hats off to the great team at Agilebits, Well done!

Anonymous

Excellent all in one password program!

Reviewed 2018-09-26

I briefly tried Lastpass and quickly switched back to 1Password for my team at work. Put simply, it's just more reliable. I no longer have to worry bout memorizing passwords or password security. I can make my passwords long and complex (and therefore more difficult to hack). Great product with great Apple integration.It has from the very beginning integrated very well with my Mac products. I can seamlessly switch between my Mac and iPhone and access my passwords. The FaceID compatibility is a nice touch. I can store secure notes, passwords for all my websites, combinations to locks, credit cards numbers, etc. This information is all stored LOCALLY, which is very important to me. My vault is local only to my machines and isn't stored in the cloud where it might be more vulnerable to hacking. The password generator is a nice feature.

Brian Wangila

Password management done right

Reviewed 2019-01-12

We are a digital startup, and with that comes so many passwords for all the email and social media accounts, online services, servers just to mention a few. In addition to that, some of these passwords need to be shared amongst teaaam members. 1passwords allows us to do that easily and securely.In an age where passwords get compromised every other day, it is quite difficult to keep everything secure while remembering all the different passwords. 1Passwords is exactly that, reduces the passwords you need to remember to just one. You add all you passwords and sensitive information to 1Password, while generating very secure passwords then using browser extensions and mobile phone apps, you can login at the click of a button. I like: - the simplicity of the user experience - the security and peaaace of mind - tells you if your password has been compromised or if you're reusing it - the ability to remember all sorts of sensitive information like files and credit card details - the availability on all platforms

Changed our office

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Overall amazing, and I'm pleased at how easy it is to manage passwords and vaults. Pros: - 1 password, 1 account but different vaults to keep your passwords organized/separate - Ability to share vaults, and thus decide what passwords should be shared with your team and what are personal, for only the administrative team, etc. - Saves. You. Time. Holy moly you do not have to go through re-setting passwords because you simply don't have to remember a million - Keeps you secure - I trust this product - One of the less obvious pros: you know when you have to sign up for an account with a new platform and they need you to create a password with 20 characters, 1 special character, 2 spaces, 1 number, and it must contain French (okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture) - 1Password will do that for you, and remember the unique and secure password it created so you don't have to.

Trevor Burnham

Can't live without it

Reviewed 2018-08-01

How do you remember the passwords for every website you use? Ask any security professional, and they'll give you the same answer: Don't. You can't possibly remember more than a handful of unique passwords, and re-using the same password across multiple websites leaves you vulnerable to having your account hacked on all of those sites when any one of them suffers a breach. 1Password has been around for years and developed a reputation for reliability (a critical feature for this kind of software!). Password sync seamlessly across all devices you install 1Password on, and its browser extensions let you enter the right password for every site with only a keystroke. And entering passwords that way helps to protect you against phishing attacks, since 1Password will only enter the site's password if the domain is correct. Every version brings smart new updates to stay security-savvy. My favorite recent feature: The built-in "Watchtower," which keeps you apprised of which passwords you may need to change due to reported breaches.

Nathan Sichilongo

My favorite offline password manager

Reviewed 2018-03-28

1Password makes managing passwords easy. I have used this on Windows and Mac and Android for over 2 years and find that once you get past the connecting of online storage options, it is an effective and easy to use password manager. The password creator tool is probably the best feature in my opinion, its remembers what site you created a password for and you can easily go back and edit or change passwords on the fly. Syncing between devices is also a great tool, you always have the latest passwords and login info (as long as you have internet) The extension tools make it easy to log into various sites particularly in Chrome

Anonymous

Password peace of mind in a scary security world

Reviewed 2019-02-03

The initial setup (going through all the websites and services you use) to update the passwords and add them to your secure vault is a time consuming process, but it is totally worth it. 1Password will also notify users of password dumps from prominent (and less prominent) site hacks. If you have an item from that site, they'll let you know so you can fix it asap.I love 1Password and have been a champion of theirs for the last 6 years. I recommend to everyone that will listen to use them as their default password manager. Secure vaults and password recipes make creating secure logins a breeze. Sharing passwords / login credentials with you team (or your family) is also an incredibly useful feature in making sure that your credentials are top notch, but available to those that need them.

Daniel Walker

Easy to Secure Your Digital Life

Reviewed 2018-09-19

1Password has changed how I use the Internet...for the better. I don't have to worry about which sites use which password. I can set unique specific passwords on every site, and I don't have to worry about all my passwords if one site gets compromised. The interface is super easy to use and all the apps I use (Mac, iOS) integrate seamlessly. There are a lot of password managers out there, but this is the best by far.Things I love about 1Password: - The developer is constantly updating the software to keep me safe online - The integration of Have I Been Pwnd lets me know if my passwords have been compromised - Ability to share passwords with family members but keep passwords for me private - Lets me know if a website uses 2-factor authentication if I don't have it enabled - Mobile apps keep me secure when I'm surfing the web on my phone

1Password is the Password Manager You've Been Looking For

Reviewed 2018-08-08

Where do I begin? 1Password brings peace of mind to a world full of security vulnerabilities while making life so much simpler. Between browser extensions and their mobile app you are always covered with an easy autofill option for all of those daily account sign-ons. With the added ability to store credit card information filling out payment forms has never been easier. When creating new accounts 1Password auto prompts you to create a new password profile helping to ensure that every new profile is accounted for. 1Password is incredibly easy to use while helping ensure you never forget another password again all the while still maintaining top security.

Marco Falzone

The ultimate cross-platform password and sensitive data manager!

Reviewed 2019-02-12

1Password is on the market since the very early stages of secure password managing apps. It quickly became the reference and set the benchmark for similar software, and still keep its leadership due to some unparalleled features. 1Password is designed to become the hub of any personal information that needs to be secured, not only login passwords. Its highly customizable templates and multimedia capabilities allow to meet any requirements in terms of storage. You can store passport information for all your family member, both feeding specific fields and/or attach a PDF or JPG snapshot of the documents itself. Every record is easily found in 1Password database through powerful search functions, regardless the category where it's stored. The most intuitive feature comes when you are navigating webpages, and 1Password automatically detect when you are filling fields with credentials and propose you to store them. So, you can focus on your activities, and foget that 1Password is there.- Several templates ready to use, with highly customizable fields - Intuitive Browser extensions, very effective 1-click auto-completion - Secure cloud-sync - Cross platform (Win-Mac-Mobile)

Anonymous

My most recommended software to friends and colleagues

Reviewed 2018-09-01

We were always nervous about sharing passwords by email, Trello etc. We're now comfortable knowing that our most business-critical passwords and data are stored with a single, mitigated point of entry.It's supremely reliable and efficient in everything that it needs to do. Plugins are available for all major browsers, and they all work well. The macOS and iOS apps work quickly and flawlessly. They are open about their systems for data storage and encryption. It's just never let me down. Their recent collaboration with Troy Hunt to integrate is just one example of how they work constantly to improve their product.

Anonymous

Fantastic ease of use, thoughtful design, constant improvements

Reviewed 2018-06-03

It's wonderfully easy to use--the browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are all extremely intuitive and fast. The "desktop" app is just as good, and allows you to quickly manage your own passwords and work ones, keeping them separate (each in their own "vault") without undue complexity. I especially appreciate the app's effort to track every password/login/etc. you've entered and possibly deleted or overwritten, as several times I've realized that I did that inadvertently, and was relieved to find the old password either in the app's "trash" area or in the history of the login I had edited.

Anonymous

Really great password manager!

Reviewed 2018-07-16

This is a really great product that fills a real need for my organization. Before passwords were kept on stickie notes, in random e-mails, or just memorized. Now we can have a central password store so that if anyone who knows any passwords is hit by a bus, we can actually get access to passwords for key systems and services. I setup a 1Password account to be used as an account for a non-profit that I'm working for. I sent them an e-mail asking about non-profit pricing, and they responded pretty quickly with some substantially lower pricing on the teams and business product. I provided the necessary documentation to show that I was indeed working for a 501c3 non-profit and they applied the discount to my account quickly. I really like the feature set of the product. I'd say that it's pretty comparable to LastPass in functionality because it provides all of the benefits that LastPass does (mobile app, browser extension, etc). I also like that it provides you with a custom domain for you to login with (it's really great to give this to users). It makes the password manager feel a little more personal. It's really easy to setup vaults, and they have a lot of great pre-loaded categories of password types to use (Login, Web, etc) so I don't need to make my own templates.

Ben Wilson

The Password Manager I Use Every Day

Reviewed 2019-01-04

I was always forgetting passwords, or I also used the same exact password. Now I can use more secure passwords and I don't even have to manually type them in. I love the 1Password IOS app. It has been my preferred password keeper for at least 3-4 years, and I doubt I'll ever change. I love that it can use FaceID to unlock the app on my iPhone, plus the UI is simple and easy to use. It also has a section for credit cards and notes, which comes in handy. I have 237 accounts stored in my 1Password, and it will autofill these in websites and apps that allow this feature. This beats having to remember your login for hundreds of different accounts. It is fast and simple to add new login information, which means I don't forget to do this each time I setup a new account.

Anonymous

Information safe and convenient.

Reviewed 2018-06-03

Intuitive interface makes keeping one's data safe effortless. Reduces friction for efficient workflows that keeps critical information secure. No excuse not to use random complex passwords for every logon. Great way to keep other personal information organized, private and backed up. Teaching family and student safe online practices with 1password as the backbone app. Excellent customer support and constant innovation. Latest updates to 1password in Chrome demonstrate drive for ongoing advancements. Affordable business model for families and teams. Watchtower is an added benefit!

Sean Ruthrauff, MA

I'd be living under a rock without this app

Reviewed 2016-08-16

I have been using 1Password for a couple years now, and it is an absolute necessity! The funny thing is that I bought it 6 or 7 years ago, but just never took the time to begin using it, until we had a data breach. That was the catalyst for finally taking the time to begin plugging in all of our important websites, user names, passwords, and additional information within the app.What's the benefit? - One location for all of our secure usernames and passwords - Not having to remember all of the different passwords - Seamless connections to all of our devices - Immediate backup and updates to all devices - Better security with auto-generated complex passwords - You only have to remember one password (make it a good one!) - Create categories for better organization - It alerts you of weak passwords and data breaches

Brandon Zell

Top notch password manager

Reviewed 2018-07-31

1Password enables me to create, manage, and use a ton of passwords without it being a hassle.As a freelancer, I'm constantly trying new services and setting up various accounts for my clients. I typically have around 14 new logins a month and have a total of around 1,200 logins. 1Password is simple to use and it keeps my logins secure. A simple cmd+\ either brings up 1Password mini with suggestions based on the website you're on, or auto-fills if there's only one login matching that domain. Their password generator is excellent, both the traditional random character passwords, as well as their random words password generator. Password sync between computer and phone is quite handy. Using 1Password for auto-filling credit card info is nice and easy too.