SpamTitan Logo

SpamTitan

Anti-spam filter for business email. Vital email security.

SpamTitan Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

Reviews by rating

What I like most about SpamTitan is its reliability. It is a well-developed and effective software with great customer service.
Stable, have not had one second unplanned downtime in 7 years. Does a good filtering job and good customasation optins for us.
Explanations on things from them are clear and sometimes I even got "better ways of doing" what I was hoping to do just from emailing them.
I had to finally submit a fraud claim against them to get my money back. I emailed them to tell them what I was doing and they just decided not to answer or make any attempt to cancel the account.
At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.
Poor end-user experience. Poor integration with Outlook - plugin is not stable and quite useless.

MS

Mark S.

Sales Director

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Efficient Email Spam Filter

Transcript

Mark: My name's Mark, I am a Director. I'm going to be reviewing SpamTitan Email Security today, and...

Benjamin J.

SpamTitan has saved me, saved my company time, and has some of the best support people around.

Just sorting the crap emails automatically that come in saves my company hours in man hours. It's also blocked malicious attachments which is awesome because the weakest part of any security is always the people. This helps with that tremendously

Pros

It's as close to "set it and forget it" as you can come in the IT field. Right out of the box support helped me set everything up in less than 20 minutes, no hardware to worry about, nothing like that. Literally all I have to do is check to see if something was blocked incorrectly once in a while, white list it, and done. I've been using spam titan for almost a year and in that time we have blocked...

Cons

The only thing I feel is missing is the ability for cloud users to create their own key word filter. Don't get me wrong, the spam filter itself is amazing, just a bit more precise control on my end to mark specific phrases or words as spam would be nice. Being able to see the email body of messages that come in as SPF fails would be helpful at times as many company's we deal with have auto invoicing that fails SPF. Other than that no issues!

JJ

James J.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

An excellent spam blocker for the price!

Its been good, but on initial setup it grabbed a lot of good email and marked it as potential spam. Quarantining calmed down after a bit - we use the service with multi-tenants.

Pros

Setup was fairly easy and the techs took their time to help us understand the install process.

Cons

The 30 day storage aspect is weak as is the ability to read contents and once its been delivered there is no resending. The multi-server cluster setup often requiores making sure searches are on both nodes or you may miss what you're looking for!

CL

Conor L.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.

Spam is removed.

Pros

Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

Cons

The following lets it down: 1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better. 2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured...

Hi Conor, Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows: 1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report. 2. All mail that connect...

Zuhairah A.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Protect and secure email with SpamTitan

Very positive experience with SpamTitan for almost 2 year. Most of the spam emails is definitely has been filtered out and has securing my email account. I hope they can continue updating a new feature and spam filter keyword so it can secure my inbox better.

Pros

Protecting and securing my email account from spam and spoof email has very effective using SpamTitan. It has really avoiding my inbox bombarded from uninvited email. The quarantine report and the whitelist let me to unblock the incoming email if its were falsely unblock. It has serve me well and keep a peace mind from all the spam email.

Cons

One of the least thing that i like is the notification is not consistent at all. Sometimes it will notify me for a list of email that are block, and sometimes the notification won't even shown. The customer support is slow in replying ticket, and has been ignored for weeks without any response. Other than that, everything else is great.

KJ

Kerim J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Email security

Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Pros

Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Cons

Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

SA

Sergio A.

Computer Networking, self-employed

IETS Review

so far so good, the support people are great at helping out, very knowledgeable

Pros

Practical and easy to use, it offers options for the liberal and conservative companies I deal with on a daily basis. This is what I really like about this software.

Cons

I would like to see the reporting features work a little more intuitively, it is not really wysiwyg. that i would like to see,

LG

Lyubomir G.

No headache spam protection

Pros

I love how easy to use SpamTitan is (coming from a Barracuda Appliance) and it just works at a very reasonable price per mailbox.

Cons

UI could be slicker, but honestly if it works great it doesn't have to look great.

Lyubomir thank you so much for your kind review - the SpamTitan product team will be delighted. They've been working very hard on the product over the last few years. thanks and continued success, Dryden Dryden Geary, TitanHQ

KS

Karl S.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Satisfied Client

This has been a better tool for us compared to our previous provider

Pros

I like the accuracy of blocking/allowing emails. Much less spam gets through from previous software

Cons

I wish the cloud version we had allowed individual users to manage their accounts line

JM

Janice M.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Works well

We have fewer sales emails and most of the spam is filtered properly.

Pros

Using the software is simple and easy . The setting are straight forward and the features are decent. The customer service is outstanding.

Cons

Customizing features is easy because there are very few customizations, setup is a bit confusing, and sometime it blocks emails from contacts.

Birgit B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

EGroupware Cloud services use SpamTian

Nice solution, does what it is supposed for, Support is good and good contact to TitanHD people.

Pros

User can Blacklist/Whitelist from EGroupware directly or mark mails as Spam. The archive of the last X days gives the opportunity to resent mails customer by chance deleted and don't use an separat archiving solution.

Cons

I'm missed to select internal flow easily (mails from users within the same domain). Its easy to select inbound & outbound, but we had situations where we needed to release a bunch of internal mails and that is more effort to select.

ES

Eric S.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Emails are by the minute .. daily report doesnt cut it

It was alright but having good emails blocked and others not blocked was a fine grey line of a product that works or doesnt. Currently we rather have office do it for us as it will send an email same time of something that is blocked and can be release.

Pros

The software was great in terms of user interface and usage.

Cons

The daily report of spam or something with held was to long of a delay. What killed this software for me is when our founder had a false positive email he waiting for (plane ticket) and he didnt get it till next day causing him to buy another ticket at the terminal. Our sales reps would get their reports of potential clients that had their emails blocked by the system the next day which was also very bad for us.

JG

Jim G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Spam Titan makes it easy to deploy effective affordable spam protection

In my opinion when you work with a smaller company they value their customers more then the large mega companies. With TitanHQ that has turned out to be true thus far. They are willing to go the extra mile for you to help customize and optimize the appliance. All support techs know their job well; you don't have to wait for a script monkey to escalate your case to some one who knows what they are doing, and they have even implement a few of my feature requests.

Pros

-Very easy to set up. Can be done in a few hours. -Support is hands down the BEST to deal with. I make many support calls in a year and hate dealing with most companies but when I have an issue and have to contact TitanHQ I assume my issues will be resolved quickly the first time I contact them because it usually is. -Reporting is fantastic

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky it probably could use a GUI refresh There are a few settings like RBLs that would be nice to be able to be set per each domain but are global. There are a few common 3rd party commercial RBL's that are not included but make a noticeable difference. Because SpamTitan is so affordable the added cost is not an issue but it would be nice if Titan HQ could license them directly.

PG

Patrice G.

Computer Networking, 201-500 employees

Great anti-spam solution

Great

Pros

Lots of features, really easy to install, support is fast to answer

Cons

Some features are not easy to deploy / use, documentation helps, but could be more complete, at least support is friendly and fast to respond

Syazila R.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

My choice for anti-spam software

Pros

SpamTitan is actually really worked, and has really decreasing the amount of spam email that i have receive before. It only need to be setup onetime, and most of the time, i don't even have to monitor the report as they rarely blocking a legitimate email that are sent to my email.

Cons

There are some feature that are not available at the moment on the software, like to preview the content of the spam email, without having to whitelisting the email. It will be a good feature, so user can totally know what is the content of the email that has been blocked from the main inbox.

WB

Wayne B.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Avoid their Cloud Offering

My biggest regret with using SpamTitan was to buy in to a 3-year deal to avail of a discount. That is only my own fault as they do not offer a refund if you decide to cancel the service. I used their cloud based spam-filter service so cannot comment on their non-cloud offerings. As a small MSP you will want to avoid this product which lacks end-user accessibility beyond very basic control via hyperlinks....

Pros

Good at positively identifying spam mail

Cons

The cloud-based version is not good for an MSP. Support is mediocre

As the marketing director of TitanHQ I am deeply disappointed that you have had a negative experience with our business. We pride ourselves on the standard of our pre and post sales support and in your case it seems that we didn't meet our own high standards. For that I apologise. We will reach out directly to you to achieve a mutually amenable resolution. Kind regards, Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

ML

Michael L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Outdated and severely lacking in features

I was in love with spamtitan when we first got it, but the lack of development into the platform is sad. Come February, when our license is up, we are not renewing. We already purchased Barracuda's cloud ESS and Archiving which has AI/Deep Learning spam detection, Email continuity with ability for users to send/receive, a vastly more modern UI, etc. etc. etc. And arching, all together about $1/user. I asked for quotes from spamtitan. I didn't receive 1.

Pros

It's cheap, except the thousands of dollars you spend upfront, price per user is relatively low. It works decently, but as spam becomes more sophisticated it is less and less efficient every month.

Cons

Stupendously lacking in features. The UI is old and outdated. Software development releases almost NEVER come out. We might have had 1 last year. Your supposed to have regular security updates every three months. We are lucky if we get one a year. To get the lastest base of FreeBSD, I have to rebuild the appliance from scratch! I run pfSense and FreeNAS, both on FreeBSD. When they update, the upgrade the entire OS. You need developers.

JB

Jeffrey B.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Good overall product

Pros

Spamtitan is easy to use and configure if you have ever dealt with setting up any spam filtering service. It is great in particular for an ISP as it supports individual admins per domain, different authentication by domain and also supports domain groups to be able to group domains together and administer them as a group. It is very flexible in configuration and supports a lot of options. It is also as good as the Barracuda spam filters we have used in the past and is significantly cheaper.

Cons

It is not as good as say Google at catching spam. Also, some tweaking needs to be done by contacting support rather than doing it yourself. Support is very responsive though.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Anti-Spam Winner

9.5/10.

Pros

My inbox can get pretty busy after a long day of meetings. If I don’t manage to clean them, it can clog up my emails. Once I go through these emails, I notice that majority of it is spam and junk which I don’t personally need. Blocking and moving to my spam folder is time consuming and I could do better things with that time. SpamTitan captured me from the moment I tried it and has never failed me so far. I can now manage my inbox and know that I don’t have to deal with malicious threats.

Cons

Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.Sometimes SpamTitan can send important emails directly to the spam folder. I usually check my spam folder once a week just to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It’s very rare though.

RJ

Raymond J.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good anti spam software and easy to use.

It's good, but it could be better. I do like the regular feature upgrades.

Pros

Overal the software does a good job in stopping spam messages and there are not too many false positives. It's espicially easy to sign outgoing emails with dkim, also if you have multiple domains on your mailserver.

Cons

The software looks a bit outdated, could be more modern. It's possible to authenticate agains an AD server, but I would love it if it would support smtp authentication with local username and password. We have deployed the software on our own hardware. It's logical that it's licensed against a maximum number of users. However, it was crazy expensive if we wanted to add another cluster server, while not serving more users.

WC

William C.

Design, self-employed

I love SpamTitan

It's been great. Whenever I've needed to contact support they've been fast and really helpful.

Pros

This really solves my spam problem. I've used barracuda in the past but it was too expenisve for a small company like myself. SpamTitan is the perfect solution. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

I wish you had an option where I could resell SpamTitan on a "per user" basis. Then I could sell spam filtering to some of my clients.

HG

Hector G.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

SpamTitan is Good!

Our biggest benefit I must say is that little peace of mind in case our onsite server goes down our emails will still be deliver as soon the server is restored.. even up to 5 days.

Pros

Setup is simple. Don't need much time to understand options or features, Menus and options are easy to navigate and find. When you need support they always answer fast. Is one of those things you setup and just forget about it.

Cons

System slows down quite often, nothing serious enough to regret in my case with only 110 email addresses to handle for reports and quarantine. Quarantine alerts/reports timeframes are too long even for the smallest business... I consider this its biggest flaw! as the shortest timeframe is daily. This should improve with a shorter or a programmable option offered globally and/or in a categorized list selectable by user or groups.

rc

rick c.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

It's been an effective and seamless solution for us for over a year

Pros

No complaints from the end users means few false positives and nothing malicious has gotten through. Easy to install and the quarantine reports are clear.

Cons

The admin interface is a little aged looking but it doesn't affect functionality, and the end users don't see it. The real-time logging interface is not as good on the cloud edition as the virtual device I have used in the past.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Say Goodbye to Spam with SpamTitan

Pros

In this day and age, acquiring an anti-spam software is an absolute necessity and not a luxury. I hate having to keep filtering my email and blocking the scammers out there. It can take a lot of time doing that and it’s better to have a software that can help you with that. I found SpamTitan to be ultimate choice and in dealing with this matters. It’s very straightforward and all it does is eliminates spam, protects you from viruses and fraudulent emails. I can spend more time working on my other tasks instead of filtering the spam. SpamTitan is a great investment.

Cons

I don’t have any problems with this software. It has made my workload so much easier and I don’t have to worry on any threats. I’m thankful for this software.

DS

David S.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Hands down best choice for on premise filtering

Pros

We were looking no for an on premise solution. This was by far the best we found.

Cons

Sales can take a while to get back to us for renewals

AM

Almir M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

It is our first line barreir against spam & virus

The software is stable and very effective. Support agents are expedited and always willing to help to solve issues in a very effective manner. It is our first line of defense and critical to our organization, as we work mostly on top of emails, and we need to keep it fully functional 24x7.

Pros

We like the spam filtering and the way users can interact to administer their queue.

Cons

Some of the functionalities are difficult to configure and administer. The design of the interface is not intuitive and bit outdated. Perhaps a revamp to make it more intuitive for average administrators (the ones not specialized in security) would help. Documentation should also be reviewed and easily available.