SpamTitan Logo
SpamTitan

Anti-spam filter for business email. Vital email security.

visit website

SpamTitan Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

What I like most about SpamTitan is its reliability. It is a well-developed and effective software with great customer service.
Stable, have not had one second unplanned downtime in 7 years. Does a good filtering job and good customasation optins for us.
Explanations on things from them are clear and sometimes I even got "better ways of doing" what I was hoping to do just from emailing them.
I had to finally submit a fraud claim against them to get my money back. I emailed them to tell them what I was doing and they just decided not to answer or make any attempt to cancel the account.
At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.
Poor end-user experience. Poor integration with Outlook - plugin is not stable and quite useless.

SpamTitan users...

Gmail-logocaret

Gmail

Ongage-logocaret

Ongage

How would you rate SpamTitan?

Efficient Email Spam Filter

Transcript

Mark: My name's Mark, I am a Director. I'm going to be reviewing SpamTitan Email Security today, and...

Email security

Strong product with a nice future packages. Good Quality of Service and Support. It was a good decision to replace our Barracuda Email Security Gateway with SpamTitan.

Pros

Our business requirements on features and graphical interface performance including the price made for us the decision.

Cons

Some basic Features necessary for Enterprise environment is not given out of the box.

Spamtitan is a Solid Product

Pros

As an msp, integrating new customers into spamtitan is a pretty straightfoward process. There are nice security features like anti spoofing, virus scanning, and the ability to customize spam scores based on specific criteria. The ability to give users access to view and whitelist emails caught by the spam filter is a plus. I’ve worked with countless vendors and i can say without a doubt that the quality, knowledge, and resolution speed of spamtitan support is unmatched.

Cons

Spamtitan is a feature rich product and as such there is a learning curve to it as an administrator. It can be difficult to know exactly what some of the features are doing and the documentation is not as in depth as i would like. One security feature that i would love to see is the ability to open an encrypted zip file since the decryption key is usually given in the message and then once opened spamtitan scans the content for viruses. As of right now we either have to block encrypted zip files or let them through so this is not an ideal situation either way.

SpamTitan for a non-profit

We are a very small nonprofit ministry that has more than one website and multiple email addresses. We were receiving between 75-100 pieces of spam a day when we finally found SpamTitan. You were recommended in a list of possible companies who provide spam protection. We found the sales and technical staff to ALL be congenial and desirous to SOLVE problems quickly. The software was easy to learn, and once it begins catching things, it seems to learn what to look for even better than at the beginning. Also, we asked if there were any ability to get a discount because of the type organization we have and the work we do, and the sales team were very willing to work with us to get the best possible rate. THANKS GUYS - we appreciate ALL you do for 30 60 100 MINISTRIES, INC.

Pros

Ease of use, the high percentage of spam caught the first time!

Cons

It has worked so well over the past year that I have forgotten the amount of time it took to initially set up our account. In reality, initial setup was so easy to do that I cannot say that I have an Cons to refer to.

Hands down best choice for on premise filtering

Pros

We were looking no for an on premise solution. This was by far the best we found.

Cons

Sales can take a while to get back to us for renewals

SpamTitan to shield my email from spam intrusion

Pros

This product has a lot of customizing options, which I like. For all of our customers, we have absolute control over the spam filtering system. The environment is steady, which is critical to our clients and us. When we were setting up our environment, the support personnel was accommodating. They responded quickly to emails and reached out to help us when we needed it. The spam detection system is excellent, far superior to other products we've used.

Cons

Learning the environment and configuring it to my needs can take some time. That's is to be expected in a situation like this, especially when we are dealing with very advanced tools or features that SpamTitan has provided.

Reliable Spam Filtering System

SpamTitan does what it is intended to do. It filters a good portion of Malicious and Spam emails from our systems. Support team are knowledgeable and are able to assist in a timely fashion.

Pros

• Filters/Blocks 90% of Spam • Uses multiple Spam Filtering Technology • Blacklist/Whitelist can be set Globally and per User • Customization Spam Inbox Report • Has a Scan Summary/Performance Report • Web UI loads quickly • Updates are easy and quick to apply within the UI

Cons

• Difficult to improve the filtering technology without creating false positive • Doesn't have a help feature available for each setting • New Spam techniques are difficult to catch immediately • Doesn't have an Artificial Neural Learning Network that learns from identified User/Admin Flagged Spam

It is our first line barreir against spam & virus

The software is stable and very effective. Support agents are expedited and always willing to help to solve issues in a very effective manner. It is our first line of defense and critical to our organization, as we work mostly on top of emails, and we need to keep it fully functional 24x7.

Pros

We like the spam filtering and the way users can interact to administer their queue.

Cons

Some of the functionalities are difficult to configure and administer. The design of the interface is not intuitive and bit outdated. Perhaps a revamp to make it more intuitive for average administrators (the ones not specialized in security) would help. Documentation should also be reviewed and easily available.

One of the best anti-spam appliances available

Pros

A very good anti-spam filter with a lot of options. Suitable for any mailserver (I use it with a linux-based mailserver, but you can use it with Exchange as well). From time to time upgrades are available. These updates are running smoothly, I never had problems with it. We use spamtitan for 5 years now, we had only one actual problem during this period. That problem was solved quickly by the spamtitan helpdesk.

Cons

As from version 7, they've replace Kaspersky anti-virus gateway by Bitdefender. In my opinion, Kaspersky had a higher virus detection and worked better. There is also an extra free anti-virus gateway "Clamav", but that one I had to disable because of some troubles.

Easy and effective

Support and sales have been really helpfull, it's nice to do business with them

Pros

Easy to deploy, easy to use, lots of customizations options if you need them, support is fast and effective, pricing is clear no hidden fees

Cons

Pricing, there's a lot of cheaper option out there, but at some point you get what you pay for

THE PROTECTION YOU NEVER KNEW YOU NEEDED

Pros

I have always been confident with my email management skills and I was comfortable with how everything was. Traffic and spam messages increased as my incoming emails increased. I installed SpamTitan and noticed that unnecessary emails were nowhere to be found. It worked silently in the background. It helped me a lot especially in managing my emails and determining junk mails. It transferred non-important emails to a folder which I can browse on if I have more time.

Cons

The system often crashes when being refreshed, also it seems like “treatment” or putting of emails in “quarantine” needs more updates. I had an important email that was thought to be a spam, good thing I looked.

SpamTitan

I'm happy with it. Support is great when I have any problems.

Pros

I like how it keeps a history so if someone isn't sure if an e-mail is safe, we can check it on the back end for them. It does a good job filtering out the spam.

Cons

I wish we could have the daily digest sent out more then once and we could pick what additional times. Even thought it has a link at the bottom of the daily digest to check your quarantine anytime, a lot of people ignore it. We also here that their previous spam vendor would 2 times a day so. I think that would be a big help since people don't think to check it on their own halfway through the day.

Stop Spam before the user

I have blocked millions of spam email int he last couple of years with spamtitan.

Pros

Has great filter to stop all spam. Has really nice quarantines section and can email users to show them emails that been quarantined . Easy to setup like the option to run it on your own server. Can scale it across servers if you need to. Its easy to setup whitelists and blacklists.

Cons

You can archive your emails but that not really a big con.

David thanks for the great review. When you have time don't forget to look at our web security layer, WebTitan, and our email archiving solution, ArcTitan. Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated by the product team Kind regards, Dryden Dryden Geary, Marketing Director, TitanHQ

SpamTitan works great -- until it doesn't

I am spending 30 minutes writing a review in the hope that other people will make a better first selection than we did. Our experience showed us that the product is only marginally reliable and their support is god-awful.

Pros

Was easy to implement and, as the title said, it worked great until it did not.

Cons

This is a cloud-based product. In early August, the product totally failed. (it was a Friday morning in the US, but dont remember the date as we have moved on to an)other product). Just noticed that we were no longer receiving emails. Rerouted DNS to cut SpamTitan out of the loop and email (unfiltered) started flowing. Contacted Spam Titan and they confirmed that the cloud instance on which we...

JNM Rise - SpanTitan

Great!

Pros

Owning a small business, much of my time is spent sourcing new jobs by subscribing to online platforms or participating in online group chats. Additionally, I am often upgrading my own or my teams skillsets by undergoing online training. All of the above require that you offer and email and subscribe to services. SpamTitan has been great to filter out those email sources I've identified as spam, and for other emails that would be considered junk - SpamTitan does an absolutely terrific job in filtering out these emails.

Cons

The software was a bit tricky to install and understand how to set parameters for email screening. Once this was sorted out, it became an incredible ease to use and now it is a tool we employ on the regular to keep our email accounts clean of junk.

Spamtitan essential software

very good, easy to use, wouldn't use anything else

Pros

the confidence in viruses and spam not affecting our clients

Cons

nothing its fine, the product performs as expected

Resolved issues and turned out to be a valuable part of my offerings.

Positive with very respectable technical support.

Pros

I count on the protection and support of Spamtitan when it comes to my business and my customers. When it was first used with my hosted mail services, it was during a time when particular crypto-ransomwares were causing significant issues with my customers. Once I switched, problem solved and ironically, it was at that time that only my customers that did not utilize my Spamtitan solution continued to have issues.

Cons

The creation of an Microsoft Outlook Add-in module for Spam management would enhance the solution significantly. It has cost me some business as some of Spamtitan's competitors have this in use.

Excellent Spam software, even better customer support!

Overall, I like the company, I like the support engineers, and they've always been VERY quick to help me resolve any issues I've had, even when not caused by the SpamTitan software, but related issues that were unclear to me where the problem was until resolved.

Pros

Ease of use for our users/employees, for releasing spam emails. Excellent support from company.

Cons

My only request would be that I wish it was a little easier to whitelist banned attachments from a specific email address. You can do it, but it's a bit more complicated than I wish it was. With that said, it works perfectly fine.

Good and easy anti spam service (online)

To me, Spam Titan has simplified my time managing spam for others. I like simple and easy to manage, and Spam Titan is exactly that.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the simple steps to get up and running. The effectiveness of the filtering is really good. I do not have many if any emails categorized as spam that aren't spam. It takes a week or two for the system to get tuned. All the users are happy with it and that simplifies my life too. The report system is nice and the option to be able to generate or change settings directly from the previous report email is perfect.

Cons

I would have like a way to easily select email in my exchange box and set them as spam.

Simple, cheap and safe, what more can you expect?

e-mail Secuirty

Pros

Its simplicity makes it a product ready for use and immediate management.

Cons

The graphical interface should be updated with a newer style.

Easy to use - simple integration

Good.

Pros

Easy to use, competitve price but umbrella is closer.

Cons

No to easy to identify block emails, because some of them have encapsulated sender.

Excellent, Just works, Easy to setup,

it stop spam and allows me to control the email coming and going to our servers.

Pros

How easy and fast it was to setup and was working how it should. It did not take a lot of configuring to get it to work. It has lots of features and the web gui is easy to use. I like it has updates build right it. It sends a report to your users to let them know what emails been quarantined in case there was a false match. It catch lots and of spam and has good lists. It east to make white and black lists. You can self host on your own server.

Cons

It doesnt archive emails. You cant read emails once the been released. There really no other cons i can think of.

OST Services Review

You need to figure out a better way of dealing with customers who use hosted email providers such as us. Our provider (Network Solutions) was terrible to begin with, and trying to work with them on this issue was futile. Their customer support is the worst I have ever seen. Your product needs to get around problems like this so it becomes a non-issue. The product is great, but when your customer (us) can't work with your bad support and the hosting providers bad support, that doesn't work for us.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Very effective. Did what we expected it to do.

Cons

We do not host our own email server, and because of that our email hosting company caused us much grief using your product. It worked perfectly for about 9 months, then our hosting provider changed something that they would not share with us rendering your product ineffective. Your customer support was not helpful at all in resolving this issue, therefore, we can not continue to pay for a product that will not work with a hosted email provider.

Decent features for the price could do with some more features. Would still recommend.

Spam is removed.

Pros

Cloud based software so nothing to install on site. The dashboard allows you to see what emails have been quarantined, allows white listing of domains. Decent set of basic features. Price point reflects what you get.

Cons

The following lets it down: 1. The quarantine reports to the users are once a day, i get a lot of emails from staff saying they haven't received a email from a client and i have to log in to check, a quarantine email once a hour would be much better. 2. Some email which don't even match basic standards get block but not reported, took us a while to realise this as we had a ioT device misconfigured...

Hi Conor, Thanks for your kind review and your very helpful feedback on SpamTitan. It has been fed back into the product team. Their feedback is as follows: 1.This is true that SpamTitan sends one report per day, however all end users can request on-demand reports as many times per day as they wish, simply by clicking the On Demand Link at the bottom of the report. 2. All mail that connect...

Say goodbye to spam and welcome your cybersecurity

I eliminated all the spam that I received daily, now my inbox only receives what is really important. Highly recommended. After having suffered a cyber attack by some hackers, we were forced to use all kinds of anti-malware, anti-virus and anti-spam software. And truly Spam Titan is one of those that has given us better results.

Pros

imagine a filter that protects you from everything bad, an intelligent filter, which gives way to the good and blocks everything that is suspicious... Well, that filter exists and it's called Spam Titan since I started using this program I could stop worrying about the annoying spam emails and the cyber risks that are usually associated with it. now I use Spam Titan in all the email accounts that I have associated..

Cons

nothing bad to limit, excellent program at a very competitive price.

Get Rid of Spam While Using SpamTitan

Pros

My email seems to be receiving a lot of spam lately and the previous anti-spam software we used didn’t seem to capture the junk I get daily. This means I have to sort them out myself. Thank God for SpamTitan which came to the rescue right on time. It truly eliminates all kinds of spam and junk mail that clogs your email. I can go through my emails more smoothly now.

Cons

SpamTitan is so efficient that it sometimes overdoes it. When my clients tell me they’ve emailed me and I haven’t received it, I know I should check my junk folder. That’s the only concern I have.