Learning Stream Logo
Learning Stream

Flexible, full-feature online registration and management

visit website

Learning Stream Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.93/10

Reviews by rating

Our organization highly recommends Learning Stream for anyone who wants to streamline online registration and save time and money. It is a great bargain for all of the features it provides.
The support team is also amazing and can help you find new solutions whether via new specialized developments or currently available add-ons to the platform.
I also struggle with the inability to capture one invoice for one registrant. If you can pull a concise financial history report, why isn't there a function to pull a concise invoice.
Navigation for end users registering for classes, the back button can unknowingly result in strange errors occasionally.
There is actually very little that I dislike about Learning Stream after exploring other similar software.

SA

Sheila A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Learning Stream Review

Pros

Learning Stream is a user-friendly system for participants and system administrators. It provides an organized registration system and an efficient, organized way to keep clear records for auditing purposes. Customer service is great and the system typically allows a resolution to any problem/obstacle I may have encountered.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that two people cannot edit simultaneously.

LH

Laura H.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Smooth yet robust registration

With Learning Stream, our online learners can register for multiple courses in a single transaction, in advance, with no support. Our small staff can easily monitor registration activity, automate messaging and certificate creation and distribution, and report on financials and enrollments. Learning Stream helps us better support our learners by making registration smooth and robust. And Learning Stream's willingness to integrate with other systems extends the efficiencies to our CRM (Salesforce) and LMS (Canvas). The support team trained us well and continues to provide timely assistance when we think of new needs.

Pros

Learning Stream helps us meet the registration needs for our online learners while providing robust administrative reporting. It's as easy for us to see who's in our classes, how they found out about us, and how much they paid as it is for them to sign up for multiple courses in one transaction, use a discount code, and receive a message that prepares them to go to class. Implementation was a smooth path, thanks to their terrific support team.

Cons

We haven't yet found quite the right solution for some of the more complex discounted registration needs that could arise. Learning Stream offers many options for discounting, and it takes awhile to test them and determine the best combination for the use case. The support team, though, provides clear instructions and best practices based on their experience with many clients.

EJ

Elizabeth J.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Inexpensive way to get the job done. Not user friendly.

If you have computer experience and an analytical mind you can get yourself through creating your event, but the system is cumbersome even with practice. There is not manual or tutorial worth using. There are glitches and holes in the system that even their tech support can't answer. The bottom line it is not expensive and worth the work to get the job done.

Pros

price

Cons

not user friendly.

Though ABC Signup is not designed for conferences (Training classes, etc. are our specialty) the software is certainly flexible enough to work. And we try our best to make it was easy as possible for our users.

CF

Cheryl F.

Functional Registration System with Excellent Support Staff

With Learning Stream we are now at 100% online registrations. Their support team is one of the best I have worked with. Extremely professional and always helpful.

Pros

The events are easy to build with many options for registration forms. The gateway interface ties in nicely for payments/returns using both credit cards and electronic checks. It does a great job for the price.

Cons

Although the registration system gets the job done it can be a bit clunky for the registrant. Family registration needs to go through a certain sequence of pages in order to allow the registrant to check out in one cart. Regarding reporting, you are limited to pulling data within the site. Instead, you need to push the data to a spreadsheet to filter/sort the information. Financial recording of adjustments also makes for messy records and reporting.

KD

Karen D.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Responsive Customer Service

An excellent software and product.

Pros

Learning Stream is customizable and with little hassle. The customer service is fast and incredibly helpful.

KM

Kathleen M.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Easy to use system and the customer service is exceptional!

Support for our previous website was taken away due to the Covid-19 pandemic so we needed an easy-to-use system that we could enter and update information quickly and Learning Stream has "fit the bill" handsomely!

Pros

Learning Stream is a very easy to use product. We were able to get our courses posted with what seemed like minimal training. Also, the customer service is FABULOUS! They respond very quickly, typically the same day depending on the time, and they stay in touch while they are working on the problem to keep us updated on the status....AWESOME and very much APPRECIATED!

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Learning Stream; it has been a wonderful tool to use.

AB

Amy B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Pros

Learning Stream is easy to use, and I appreciate how it sends automated emails to confirm registration and a reminder email before the training occurs. The attendance tracking feature is also helpful.

Cons

It would be nice to have a calendar hold feature for Outlook or Gmail where we could list the corresponding Zoom/location information.

jb

jeffrey b.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

East software and east company to work with.

Purchased this software to be used statewide for registration and reporting for a grant. We needed to prepopulate the database with thousands of entries for every school building in the state and organized in a way that registrants could easily select where they were from. This was accommodated and implemented and supported. I found the software easy to use once I was familiar with how it is organized. Reporting was good and support was absolutely outstanding.

Pros

Had all the features we needed. Credit Card integration, ability to customize based on our needs (at a reasonable cost). Outstanding support.

Cons

Early years software was not responsive, but this to have been resolved.

RD

Rosalyn D.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Learning Stream is a great value! Support is top notch!

I'm a new customer with Learning Stream. The support team has been phenomenal by providing assistance with new event structure, website appearance, reference material and general hand holding. I am pleased with the product and my audience finds it simple to register for workshops and events.

Pros

The support team is excellent. Event duplication is a real time saver.

Cons

The registration interface is a bit troublesome for registrants when using the Cart feature. The registrant has too many steps to follow to register for an event. Default notifications copy into a new event, but not the evaluation form. The text editor should be improved. Name badge options should be expanded to reflect most labels on the market.

AD

Alexandria D.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

Excellent company, easy to work with, fantastic customer service!

Pros

I love that the software very user friendly, and thinks ahead of me. Seems like I am always finding new exciting features. So glad we went with this software, money well spent!

Cons

I really can't think of any software issues. The only problem that I have come across is that I am on the West coast and ABC is on the East coast, so if issues arise in the afternoon here, I have to wait till the next business day to talk to customer service.

KG

Kimberly G.

ABCSignUP 287 Conference Center

I highly recommend the software as it has increased our productivity an effectiveness. I wish our scheduling software was a robust~ Thank you, Kim Green

Pros

ABCSignUP is very robust in its broad application of uses. Our school district continues to use the system in a variety of ways beyond registration management for better efficiency and effectiveness for data tracking, credit card transactions and evaluations. We have found the customer service to be exceptional; Ron Smith has been responsive, and creative in our problem solving questions.

Cons

I appreciate the help page, Ron's assistance, but I suspect there are a number of ways we could be utilizing ABCSIgnUP in more ways. It's a matter of not knowing what you don't know. I was introduced to ABC after the implementation period, so in the beginning I wished there was a class we could take to learn all the features of ABC. Now, I've become more self-taught, and Ron helps me think through the challenges that I can't figure out.

Thank you for the feedback, the kind ratings, and most of all, your business. We do offer one of the most complete registration management systems on the market. Without question, it offers more functionality than any one customer will ever use, but functionality that as a whole meets all of our customers¿ needs. We¿re stepping up our efforts to help users learn everything they can about its capabilities by supplementing our initial training sessions and monthly new user seminars with tips in our newsletter and blogs and a series of video tutorials. We will continue to try to do better to help all of our customers get the most out of our software.

HM

Holly M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Registration Software with a Wide Range of Capabilities!

I've been using Learning Stream for a year and a half, and love what it offers. This software can do things for us that I am learning more and more about over time. Your support team responds to my questions promptly with helpful recorded instructions that I really appreciate. I save them all and have a running "training manual" now that has been very helpful.

Pros

The registration features, the notification features, the ability to upload event materials, issue certificates...all great features!

Cons

It's a sophisticated program with a large range of capacities that until learned are difficult to navigate.

MD

Melissa D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A+ software

Pros

The software is user very user friendly. We've been using the software for 12+ years and they continue to make improvements regularly that just makes the software better.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

KT

Kelly T.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Learning Plans are Wonderful!

Pros

We use Learning Plans so faculty can earn badges and see what they still need to complete to earn a badge. This has been working well for us and, although we have only been using it for a short time, faculty are already using the system to work on badges.

Cons

Setting up the learning plan was tricky, but once we got the hang of it, it works well.

VA

Vinny A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

The Harvey School

ABC Sign Up is user-friendly and it met our camp registration needs. But even better than the software is the staff. They are helpful, accommodating, friendly, knowledgable - I can certainly go on - Working with them has been a pleasure - They always help and when we call, they are always attentive

Pros

The reporting options and the flexibility in creating events -

Cons

We addressed some of the limitations of the software with the staff and they are working to help us expand its use - We really appreciate Ron and Leslie

JL

Jason L.

Best Solution for Public Libraries

Fantastic. Great product and support staff. Always responsive and available to work with me.

Pros

After months of searching for a robust registration solution for a public library, we were thrilled to find Learning Stream. It not only met all of our needs, but it exceed our expectations in every way. Learning Stream provided an answer or feature to every registration issue and scenario my staff could dream up. There are many registration software solutions for public libraries, but none were as flexible and comprehensive.

Cons

Even though this software was not designed with a public library in mind, the remote authentication and rich API access made all the difference.

CM

Clayton M.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

So far, so good.

Pros

It's price was competitive for the services being offered.

Cons

We haven't fully implemented it to be compatiable with our student management suite. That is a work in progress. However, that isn't the fault of the software or its parent company.

AV

Alex V.

Very well designed system, and easy to use

The product has been a huge help with our training department. It's easy to learn and use, and it covers very well every aspect of student registration. I haven't had to use customer service too often because it's pretty straight forward, but when I did, they did a great job at meeting my needs and replying in a timely manner. The only con I can think about is, the calendar views available to pick from are kind of limited. It would be nice to have more options on how the list classes/ courses is displayed to the end user.

Cons

Again, we appreciate your kind words and thank you for your feedback. We hope you've noticed through our What's New section that we've heard you. We added an Event Status column to Event Listings in December 2013, a new Event Listing View in January 2014, a new Calendar View option in March 2014, and the ability to connect Divisions in your Calendar and Event Listings in January 2015.

RD

Robin D.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

The system is easy to use and easy to learn. It gives the customer the freedom to choose classes.

Less work by hand in registering participants. Wish other departments could use software but not show up on our classes.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer access instead of us doing everything by hand. It is intuitive. Lots of features to help with reports, statistics, and evaluations.

Cons

Wish the evaluation form had the facilitator listed on it when you get the evaluation summary. Little difficult in moving data from our old system to the new. Had to reregister everyone in classes.

ES

Emily S.

So Easy to Setup - Very easy for the Admin to use

Pros

It is so easy to get started. We were up and running in less than a full day of work! It worked right away with our credit card processor and was very easy to link to our existing website.

Cons

Some of our registrants have struggled with the log in process. We did not require a log in previously, and some customers are struggling to determine if they already have an account or if they have to create one.

LS

Libbe S.

Learning Stream has made our work so much easier and streamlined! The staff are great to work with!

Pros

We are able to register attendees, take money and track it all in one place. Providing a discount code is easy for registrants as well!

Cons

The set up process was a bit tedious but once it was set up, the copying events is super easy! The time it takes to set up is much better than the time it was taking us to do paper registrations and take payments by mail!

JF

Justin F.

Easy to use! Great customer support and education!

Pros

The best part about learning stream is the ease of use. The fields in our event pages, registration forms and evaluation forms have unlimited customization.

Cons

Nothing! Learning Stream meets all of our expectations! I hope we are able to expand this software to other sections and programs within our organization.

TC

Tom C.

Has saved us a ton

We host a lot of meetings throughout the country and Learning Stream has simplified and streamlined our whole registration process. Prior to using them years ago, we spent tons of staff time in securing details for our guests. Learning Stream eliminated that process and now we only have to handle the exceptional request. Downside is that it is a robust system so it takes time to learn as does any system. Upside is that it is intuitive and they have shown us great support so that was at a minimum. We've been very happy with it and I we're a eight year plus user.

Cons

Thank you for the kind words. We are fortunate and appreciate having you as customers for nearly as long as we have been in business.

MB

Michele B.

Excellent customer service! Susie anticipated our needs and helped us every step of the way.

Pros

Learning Stream is so easy to use. Classes are a breeze to enter so customers can book and pay in a few minutes.

Cons

I only find one drawback to this software. I'm not able to the transfer the customer's payment and the customer into another class at the same time.

DM

David M.

very intuitive - user friendly - great technical support

For internal use, this registration software moves quickly from screen to screen which serves our purpose for quick data entry. It is also equipped with multiple detailed reports which can capture data in a variety of formats and can be easily exported to Excel. For external users, this software works well for online registrations and interfaces nicely with PayPal for online billing and payments. Their technical support has been extremely efficient, friendly and readily available. We have required several customize reports to be developed, so this has been a huge advantage for us.