Learning Stream Reviews

Learning Stream

Flexible, full-feature online registration and management

Review Summary

Lynne M.

We needed some customization for our business purposes and the LS team accommodated all our needs. We have been having very good results since the launch and having great reviews from our customers.

Keith R.

I truly enjoy working with the Learning Stream support team. They have been able to answer and address any questions I have and are a pleasure to work with.

Gerald G.

Cons

So many parents complain about their inability to use their phone or tablet at home, especially those who no longer have a desktop in their home.

Kelly S.

We did not require a log in previously, and some customers are struggling to determine if they already have an account or if they have to create one.

Emily S.

Navigation for end users registering for classes, the back button can unknowingly result in strange errors occasionally.

Keith R.

4.6

Learning Stream has been a great fit for our agency; exceptional customer service!

As a non profit agency this software provides a low cost solution to online purchasing of our low cost training.

Pros

Learning Stream's flexibility is by far one of its biggest pros. We have been thrilled with the mobile responsiveness as many of our clients don't have any other access.

Cons

Due to the amount of flexibility within the program it can be a little difficult to learn initially but their customer service by far makes up for it!

Good Online Registrar (Could Great With a Little Work!)

Learning Stream provides a cost-effective online interface for online registration acquisition and data management. A first-time online registration service customer might face a significant learning curve to make the software fully operational. The e-mail help & support team is very effective, though I dislike having to contact them for often simple tasks that should be self-resolvable with a decent online support module. With a re-build to the back-end client interface, this would be a top-notch online registrar service.

Pros

The form-builder is fairly straight-forward an easy to work with. Manipulation of form-builder hues and such to generally match the appearance of your existing website is easy. Interfacing billing with our Merchant Account provider was not an issue. In the end, the software accomplishes the intended goal of successful event registration and billing, though we do feel “lost” when using it a lot more often than I desire. The overall cost of use is the most attractive feature of this software.

Cons

The back-end of the software is extremely "clunky" and difficult to work with in most all respects. The client messaging module is outdated and unable to even provide a true proof of your message appearance before being sent. Many features are unintentionally “hidden” and difficult to find. The overall GUI needs serious reconstruction. Data reporting for each form item/question is available, though...

Learning Stream

We moved away from learning stream to use another program because it wasn't solving any problems for us.

Pros

This program was the first one of it's kind that I had used when I started my role with GLS. It was easy to learn and understand.

Cons

There was not enough automated features and a lot of things had to be done/followed up on manually.

Responsive Customer Service

An excellent software and product.

Pros

Learning Stream is customizable and with little hassle. The customer service is fast and incredibly helpful.

Cons

There is actually very little that I dislike about Learning Stream after exploring other similar software.

The backbone of how we do business.

Fantastic, the customer service is really good.

Pros

Its value. Without this software, we simply couldn't do business. It easy to use and easy to customize.

Cons

It's hard to understand all of its capabilities. It can cost money to have changes or improvements made to fit your business's needs.

An Admission Team's Greatest Tool

Learning Stream has allowed us to be the leader in our market, allowing us to do business even outside of our normal business hours. Learning Stream also helps us keep our administrative costs low through the ability for us to automate messaging for our students, keeping our need for more administrative staff to a minimum and allowing us to pass along that savings to our students.

Pros

Learning Stream allows us to be flexible and scale properly as our business grows. Many platforms like this are built to do one particular type of enrollment management but Learning Stream allows admins and users to flex the way the system works which allows our business to grow incrementally and test new ideas in a scalable manner. The support team is also amazing and can help you find new solutions whether via new specialized developments or currently available add-ons to the platform.

Cons

There are lots of add-on options for this software but it can be difficult to find out what exists without asking specific questions of your support team.

Learning Stream is a great product!

Overall, so far has been a very positive experience.

Pros

We really like how Learning Stream has transformed our signups for conferences and workshops. The system is pretty intuitive and easy to use. We love the reports that Learning Stream has built in. It embedded into our website seamlessly and works very well with authorize.net. We have been really happy with this product and look forward to the ongoing improvements and upgrades. Also, I personally reach out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and get superb customer service every time. She's very professional, knows the product very well, and is always willing to help and make suggestions. She is great to work with. Learning Stream provided very good training at the onset and that was a big plus! Thank you!

Cons

I really do not have that many cons...it's a great product. The only thing I can think of is sometimes I feel like the editors are a little "old school" as far as the layout of the event page, emails/correspondence and adding graphics.

Functional Registration System with Excellent Support Staff

With Learning Stream we are now at 100% online registrations. Their support team is one of the best I have worked with. Extremely professional and always helpful.

Pros

The events are easy to build with many options for registration forms. The gateway interface ties in nicely for payments/returns using both credit cards and electronic checks. It does a great job for the price.

Cons

Although the registration system gets the job done it can be a bit clunky for the registrant. Family registration needs to go through a certain sequence of pages in order to allow the registrant to check out in one cart. Regarding reporting, you are limited to pulling data within the site. Instead, you need to push the data to a spreadsheet to filter/sort the information. Financial recording of adjustments also makes for messy records and reporting.

Great software!

I truly enjoy working with the Learning Stream support team. They have been able to answer and address any questions I have and are a pleasure to work with!

Pros

The software designers have anticipated the needs of the users and have created an exceptionally well made program designed especially for us! The software is extremely user friendly and there are an incredible amount of features that can be used.

Cons

The only downside is that there are an abundance of of features to use which might be a deterrent to some but overall, I really enjoy using this software.

Powerful and flexible with an easy to use interface

Pros

Probably the support! The software is great and performs exactly as anticipated, but support has been outstanding. They take the opportunity to teach and don't just answer the question.

Cons

Have had some glitches with response times, but we are power users and probably push the system. Also, think there were some growing pains, but even when this occurred, support addressed issue.

Easy to use software that meets my needs

Pros

The software is easy and natural to use and, for the most part, the features meet my current needs. I have experienced very little issues with bugs or down-time. Cloud-based, so I can use it wherever I am. The cost fits more in-line with my budget (no per registrant fees) than other software I have looked at. Doesn't have a million features (that I, at least, don't need) that can just confuse things. Support is timely and helpful.

Cons

I wish there were more options to customize how the registration page looks visually (looks just a bit "amateurish" compared to cvent and others); more options to customize statements (specifically statement when using [StatementMain]; a more streamlined/efficient way to do group registrations (in my experience, users find the current way confusing and too much work). Would also like the option to customize the credit card receipt that is sent to customers and have the ability to turn that off (i.e. just have the statement that shows the payment). Would like the ability to share a link with registration information with others. Less important, but worth mentioning, is the File Library, which I feel needs a major overhaul as far as how files are managed.

Smooth yet robust registration

With Learning Stream, our online learners can register for multiple courses in a single transaction, in advance, with no support. Our small staff can easily monitor registration activity, automate messaging and certificate creation and distribution, and report on financials and enrollments. Learning Stream helps us better support our learners by making registration smooth and robust. And Learning Stream's willingness to integrate with other systems extends the efficiencies to our CRM (Salesforce) and LMS (Canvas). The support team trained us well and continues to provide timely assistance when we think of new needs.

Pros

Learning Stream helps us meet the registration needs for our online learners while providing robust administrative reporting. It's as easy for us to see who's in our classes, how they found out about us, and how much they paid as it is for them to sign up for multiple courses in one transaction, use a discount code, and receive a message that prepares them to go to class. Implementation was a smooth path, thanks to their terrific support team.

Cons

We haven't yet found quite the right solution for some of the more complex discounted registration needs that could arise. Learning Stream offers many options for discounting, and it takes awhile to test them and determine the best combination for the use case. The support team, though, provides clear instructions and best practices based on their experience with many clients.

Learning Stream is great!

We needed a registration software the could track all of our participants and give us a more robust reporting system. Learning Stream as been a step in the right direction that also allows us to have a little more user friendly UI.

Pros

This software and the Learning Stream team are wonderful! While all new software takes some time to learn Susie was immensely helpful during our transition phase. The software was adaptable for our use and we were able to set up and use quickly!

Cons

A challenging piece of the software was the amount of clicking required to complete tasks. Sometimes the steps were not intuitive and we referred to Susie's help menu quite regularly.

It grows with you!

We started out small, using Learning Stream as a convenience for customers wanting to register on line (before the internet was an everyday necessity. As we have needed to grow and add classes, change focus, restructure offerings, and provide superior customer service - what Learning Stream has made available has grown with us. Newer features keep coming that even add to what options we have. But most important we have been impressed with their outstanding customer support - real people getting back to you quickly, with real solutions.

Pros

ease of use, and superior customer support

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out how to make certain features work in our environment.

The software is great and Customer Support Amazing!

My overall experience has been great- especially the customer service! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is AMAZING! The moments when I get stuck or may have designed an event wrong- she has been one phone call or one email away. She is eager to help and REALLY patient. I'm not tech savvy or a guru at all, so having [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the other team members to help me really means so much to me! Everyone at Learning Stream has been amazing!

Pros

I love how user-friendly it is. I love how each event dashboard provides you with "alerts" so you are confident that you created the registration for your event correctly. I enjoy sharing reports with internal and external stakeholders about registration numbers and event trends.

Cons

I really like the software. I can't wait until badge scanners are available -this will help with my large events.

ABCSignUP 287 Conference Center

I highly recommend the software as it has increased our productivity an effectiveness. I wish our scheduling software was a robust~ Thank you, Kim Green

Pros

ABCSignUP is very robust in its broad application of uses. Our school district continues to use the system in a variety of ways beyond registration management for better efficiency and effectiveness for data tracking, credit card transactions and evaluations. We have found the customer service to be exceptional; Ron Smith has been responsive, and creative in our problem solving questions.

Cons

I appreciate the help page, Ron's assistance, but I suspect there are a number of ways we could be utilizing ABCSIgnUP in more ways. It's a matter of not knowing what you don't know. I was introduced to ABC after the implementation period, so in the beginning I wished there was a class we could take to learn all the features of ABC. Now, I've become more self-taught, and Ron helps me think through the challenges that I can't figure out.

Thank you for the feedback, the kind ratings, and most of all, your business. We do offer one of the most complete registration management systems on the market. Without question, it offers more functionality than any one customer will ever use, but functionality that as a whole meets all of our customers¿ needs. We¿re stepping up our efforts to help users learn everything they can about its capabilities by supplementing our initial training sessions and monthly new user seminars with tips in our newsletter and blogs and a series of video tutorials. We will continue to try to do better to help all of our customers get the most out of our software.

ABC Sign Up - Our Partner In Success

Daytona State College was already committed to purchasing ABC Sign Up when I was hired as the Training Coordinator. I must admit that I was a little skeptical that a tool with such a reasonable price point was going to be comprehensive enough to handle the diversity of application we needed. I started to leverage the tool's capabilities as I established myself in my new position and quickly learned...

Cons

Thank you for the comments and the support. Here at ABC Signup we strive to provide software solutions from simple to complex, backed by the best customer service and support team.

Great Product

Pros

Learning Stream is easy to adopt and easy to use. The folks at Learning Stream are always available for questions and very quick to reply. Billing process is smooth with zero hiccups.

Cons

We had to purchase a separate facilitator mode in order for trainers to view the roster. I believe this function should be embedded in the cost of Learning Stream as the module trainer inherently needs this information to account for attendees and reach out individually if necessary with pre-work. The trainers also have a separate log-in from when they are a trainee, which feels very clunky. I also wish on the landing page of the module (event), it showed the number of trainees registered. That way, if a training has very low attendance, the admin can review other date options and potentially consolidate.

Great for events

We use learning stream to track all event activity from registration to sending a completion certificate. This program helps streamline registration for conferences and other events.

Pros

It helps considerably to have each event within its own page, and maintain individual registrations and registrant information and options.

Cons

Some of the formatting and coding features for page and form appearance seem inconsistent and options are not all encompassing.

Learning Stream is a great value! Support is top notch!

I'm a new customer with Learning Stream. The support team has been phenomenal by providing assistance with new event structure, website appearance, reference material and general hand holding. I am pleased with the product and my audience finds it simple to register for workshops and events.

Pros

The support team is excellent. Event duplication is a real time saver.

Cons

The registration interface is a bit troublesome for registrants when using the Cart feature. The registrant has too many steps to follow to register for an event. Default notifications copy into a new event, but not the evaluation form. The text editor should be improved. Name badge options should be expanded to reflect most labels on the market.

Excellent company, easy to work with, fantastic customer service!

Pros

I love that the software very user friendly, and thinks ahead of me. Seems like I am always finding new exciting features. So glad we went with this software, money well spent!

Cons

I really can't think of any software issues. The only problem that I have come across is that I am on the West coast and ABC is on the East coast, so if issues arise in the afternoon here, I have to wait till the next business day to talk to customer service.

A+ software

Pros

The software is user very user friendly. We've been using the software for 12+ years and they continue to make improvements regularly that just makes the software better.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

Review of Learning Stream

My overall experience with Learning Stream has always been excellent. The Learning Stream team is always helpful and available.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its ease, functionality, customer service.

Cons

The amount of time it takes to input one event.

I have been very pleased with this software and the wonderful support of the staff!

Being able to go to online registration for our classes has been a huge satisfier.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Susie Isham is always very quick to respond and always super helpful even when I have asked her the same thing before. Our department is very pleased with the software

Cons

Not really cons, but there are some features that I would like to see added or enhanced in the future to meet our needs.

Learning Stream

we needed some customization for our business purposes and the LS team accommodated all our needs. We have been having very good results since the launch and having great reviews from our customers.

Pros

Very Robust feature offering, intuitive layout , and the ability to customize.

Cons

navigation for end users registering for classes, the back button can unknowingly result in strange errors occasionally.