Printful

Web to print and shipping software for eCommerce businesses

Printful Reviews

Pros

An amazing print-on-demand service with great accessibility from other platforms.

Overall we were really happy and impressed with this tool. Anyone can us it to "stock" a variety of items in a Shopify store without holding any inventory.

POD software, I like that you can upload your own images or designs as any print on demand software you are able to do. One thing I do really like is they are an eco friendly and green company.

william s.

Cons

POD was a new, and relatively tiny part of the account - but the repeated delays prompted Amazon to heavily punish the account, and the client lost their business.

Daniel L.

That last few days of the process is what they count as their fulfilment time, allowing them to pretend they kept their guarantee. I had a client's Amazon account that was completely ruined by this.

Daniel L.

Patrick L.

4.5

Small Business Owner

Printful was my first contact with POD services. And I believe they are the leading company in this market, especially because of their easy-to-use online platform. Their software is intuitive and simple to learn. I didn't need any coding skills to connect it with my Shopify and Etsy shops.

Pros

Printful has seamless integration with both Etsy and Shopify. When I make a sale, they take care of everything for me. Their software is easy to use. Their mockups are precise.

Cons

I noticed a huge demand for a certain phone case model that Printiful does not offer. So I had to switch my entire phone case collection to a rival POD company that offers that.

Great Software and POD Products, Terrible Order Management Policies

Printful delivers a good product but refuses to think about their customers' end customers and use common sense. This makes them unsuitable for use with Amazon stores, and undesirable for use if your customers care about getting their products on time.

Pros

Printful is easy to set up through Shopify, and even through WooCommerce, and they produce a pretty good product on average. The Amazon integration is nice to have, but does have some issues.

Cons

Printful has rules for fulfilment that often make zero sense and cause massive delays in product fulfilment. For example (and I've seen this dozens of times), if a particular shirt is out of stock in the US and won't be back in stock for three days, the smart thing would be to wait to fulfill the order when that shirt comes back in stock. What they will do instead, is fulfill that item from Europe....

Printful for shop merchandise

In the past my experiences were pretty good, although the shipping times have always been pretty slow. However, during Covid, printful was not well managed - shipping and customer service were horrible and have me considering going elsewhere

Pros

I like that it integrates with my website and gives me the ability to save my stock for in store purchases. Additionally, it saves me time with packaging and shipping

Cons

Not very mobile friendly; I find myself having to use my laptop when I need to make changes or want to add new stock which can be inconvenient at times.

For getting into print-on-demand, Printful is a fantastic option. It may not be the best priced for creators, though it is close % wise to the other options out there and I feel it has better integration options than many of its competitors.

Pros

The most useful pieces to Printful are how easy it is to set up, price, and track your print-on-demand orders through the Printful platform. Second, is how amazingly easy it is to integrate with other software such as WooCommerce/WordPress when trying to connect your online store to your own platform.

Cons

When items go out of stock it isn't always straightforward or easy to replace them with other items that are available.

Less than perfect

Overall experience is ok. I feel like their products are too expensive which leaves yoou less profit.

Pros

Cons

What I like least about this software is you can not reposistion things on their stuff. Lets take a t- shirt design for example. Once you choose your image they place it in the upper part of a shirt. You cannot move it around or make any larger then what they allow for.

One of the Best Options for On-Demand Printing!

My overall experience with Printful has been great! I have been able to create so many customized merchandise pieces and have them available for sell at reasonable prices. One of the best services for on-demand printing hands down!

Pros

What I like most about Printful is the ability to make each merchandise item your own, from custom designing clothes, jewelry, cup, and bags to customizing how you want your label/tag to look (yes, you can have your own label/tag inside or outside of the clothing!). The service is very easy and simple to use that even a baby can make their own clothes! (Not literally but you understand what I mean). Also, if you have Shopify, you can easily integrate your products into your Shopify store!!!

Cons

I do wish there were a lot more options added, however what they currently have is still great to work with/start out with.

Custom, on-demand printing for Shopify store

Pros

Loved that it was easy to use and free and allowed my partner and I to try out ideas without printing and holding inventory.

Cons

I think they could do better in guiding you towards better decisions for example we did some t-shirts and in our initial set we placed the cheast graphic too low -- not blaming them as WE placed it but is seems that offering suggested placement for common areas would be a help.

The best print on demand company out there!

I don't have many bad things to say about Printful. They are easy to deal with, fast turnaround and their prices are some of the lowest out there.

Pros

The ease of integration is unbeatable. To sync Printful with my e-store took almost no time at all and works flawlessly.

Cons

Their user interface can be a bit confusing. There are too many menu options and pages. It is in dire need of being more simplistic.

Like it a lot

Pros

Printful is a fantastic online portal that allows us to purchase clothes made by others while also allowing clothing makers to sell their wares on the site. The payment platform is excellent; I have made many orders and have been blown away by the performance and the manner in which we have been treated on the platform.

Cons

Printful has to be combined into another device so that customers can buy the products; otherwise, you'll have to manually enter the orders. This means that you will need to add another monthly expense to your company.

As a designer

I had a good experience with Printful

Pros

As a clothing designer, I appreciate this software for allowing my to add embroidery and digital designs to my products.

Cons

It doesn’t seem to have many modern fit clothing.

Printful Product Review

Initially, my experience went well. As Printful grew, however, keeping my business a priority for them became a big issue. The quality control also started to fizzle...Honestly., in the long run, I'm glad I stopped working with Printful and just started printing with a local screen printer.

Pros

What I like most about Printful is the ease of launching an apparel brand within minutes. With TONS of blank apparel items you can certainly provide a very customized product for your customers.

Cons

There are a few things I do not like about Printful. They are a little pricy...I feel their sublimation printing should be a bit cheaper. Another thing is they did have long turnaround times. As the apparel industry grows, more clients begin to use Printful. The demand for apparel printing is greater than the fast working times Printful can provide. Also, it is a pain to set up tax (Nexus) with Printful, if you sell worldwide...

I reccomend Printful as a great starting point for your fashion impare

I use Printful for 2 years. I started with just ebay, and now I have ebay, Etsy, Wordpress and Shopify shops. All this with the same designs.

Pros

Printful gives you a big choice of different products and varriaties. The are a lot of integrations with most popular e-commerce platforms which saves you time for uploading products and managing quantities.

Cons

There are a great products but not all of them have most popular colors - black and white.

Great for short designing!

Pros

We love using printful to create shirts and print them on demand!

Cons

I wish it had more products to choose from. More stylish.

My favorite design company!

I love that I can design and as someone wants to buy the product, Printful will print it on demand and even ship the item for me.

Pros

As a new business owner, I did not want to have to buy stock of my products. That's where Printful comes in! I can design products and Printful will print them on demand. I don't have to worry about a single thing.

Cons

I would love it if Printful came out with more products and types of designs. Some of the products are very plain.