VideoPad Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.08/10

Reviews by rating

As I mentioned, I like to use Video Pad and this is more purposeful than similar priced produced. So, my overall experience with VideoPad is very good.
Great for homemade movies and a bit more, quite robust for its simplicity I would recommend it for everyone that need a cost-effective, simple and easy to use with a not so steep learning curve.
This software is good for what you get and allows for alot of editing and transitions for video projects. Ive been able to make some nice looking projects with this software.
I have seen some video editing software that is really intimidating but this is not one of them.
Terrible customer service, after paid, they don't answer emails.

Anil P.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Simple & Lightweight Video Editor

There is a lot to like about VideoPad. It is simple, straightforward, easy to install, and does not need a lot of PC resources.

Pros

I've been using VideoPad for a long time and thoroughly love working with it. It is quite simple to edit 360 videos using VideoPad. You could even write your own music to accompany the video.

Cons

The visual effects of VideoPad are basic. Also, the audio editing is puzzling and difficult. There are occasionally issues with export and import.

Heidi H.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Much More Functional Than Similar Priced Software

I really like VideoPad. After struggling with other similar software I find it a huge relief to use their interface. When I create Intros, I go to other software to do that and bring it into VideoPad. But that's the only thing I create elsewhere. Much more robust and a lot easier to use than Wondershare Filmora.

Pros

I love that it's possible to create multiple video and audio tracks all layered. Wondershare Filmora does not allow this (!). It's also possible to drag the tracks right and left on the timeline. Wondershare Filmora, for example, does not allow this either which makes it very challenging to do anything complex. So Videopad supports complex videos with many layers, which is what I always end up creating. This software was the easiest video software for me to learn to use. The user interface is generally intuitive. It has a lot of different kinds of transitions - definitely adequate for anything I plan to do It has a lot of adjustment tools - ways to adjust the video color etc. - for the price.

Cons

It doesn't have as good intros as other software (Filmora Wondershare and Typito have way better intros) Once a transition vanished from my video and even with emailing Help I couldn't ever future out a way to fix it. I had to do that part of the video in another program ultimately which was super inconvenient. But this is the only time that ever happened. Ever since transitions have always stayed. The Help responses were slow and none of them helped. But at least people are there and do answer at least part of the time.

KU

Kim U.

Education Management, self-employed

When it works - it's awesome

Pros

It's very easy to use and learn. It's has fine possibilities as a editor.

Cons

When the company come with a new version ($40 one more time) the SAVE files starting to corrupt and the old version stops working and crashing. First time I thought of it as a coincidence, second time... Today I lost 20 hours of work and I guess my students just have to wait 20 hours for a new version and I have to go all nighter.

Hello Kim, We apologize for the frustrations this may have caused. When editing, did you experience an error message? Our Support Team would love to hear from you. They are always available to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html -NCH Software Team

Pravin R.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

VideoPad review

Pros

VideoPad is user-friendly and has more feathers in this software-like effect. We can export the video in whatever quality we want like Burn DVD, Export Movies, Multiple Resolutions

Cons

The audio capabilities would have been better. The free version is only limited tools and we cant explore many tools in free version

Osanda G.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple video editing software

Pros

I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used. -This is very easy to use -This is very user-friendly using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Cons

This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

JA

Jayla A.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

App Is Amazing for Beginners!

This app was helpful for YouTube videos until I had issues with rendering the video. Back when I used it it reminded me of early 2000's movie makers. Not bad over all but just didn't work out for me.

Pros

I really enjoyed this app! Easy to use, Free no water marks, easy to use. When you have the feature to render it comes out in ok quality. I love the most that its free and easy to use. I'm not the hugest fan of this app but I would recommend it for school projects or quick slide shows. The app si very useful for starters.

Cons

The program doesn't render videos after a while, less features than I hoped to have like in the transition effects.

Marcos G.

11-50 employees

Nice video editing tool for publishing videos to social media

Pros

We tested this editing tool in the office and we were satisfied. It is a simple editor, which makes it easy to learn and use. You can edit many types and formats and especially export in about 15 different formats. It is particularly useful for social networks because of the different export settings that it has for networks, as well as very modern and attractive transitions and effects. It really has all the features of a basic program, but also includes advanced features such as some 3D editing, 360º video, masking and closed captions.

Cons

There are few things not to like ... I would have to say that the user interface is not very cute or attractive, although it works ... We would also like to see more possibilities in editing and mixing sound.

Hello Marcos, Thank you for your feedback. Our latest interface features a dark mode feature. We would like to hear your feedback on it. You can download the latest version of VideoPad here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html We look forward to hearing from you -NCH Software Team

Joe A.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Underrated yet still very powerful

7/10

Pros

-Can use templates for ease of use -Updates have improved over the years -Can do green screen, voiceover, and many pro techniques -Basic tasks are easy (cut, transition, add text)

Cons

-Not intuitive -Lots of manual processes that take many steps -Intimidating for beginners -caching sometimes is an issue

Savannah M.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Good Video Editor to Get You Started

Pros

I used this video software to begin editing YouTube content and it worked pretty well. Even the free trial for noncommercial purposes gave me a lot of options and was not too hard to use.

Cons

My only problem with software like this is that when you do not know all of the more in-depth features, you can't use the software to the best of its capabilities. If you spend time with it, you can definitely use all of the more advanced features, but otherwise, it probably will be hard for anyone to just pick up and use.

Hello Savannah, Thank you for your interest in NCH Software. We offer free video tutorials that display a handful of VideoPad's tools and features. You can check those out here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#interface If you have any further questions, our Support Team is always ready to help here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad - NCH Software Team

Grato P.

Is a very easy to use, practical and functional editor

Pros

With videoPad you do not need to be a professional in editing, it is practical, functional and intuitive. I not only use it to edit video, I can also edit an audio file and change its format

Cons

It is an excellent editor but with basic and limited functionalities. If what you want is to do simple jobs, it is a great option

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

VideoPad delivers when it comes to both both audio and video editing

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Pros

To start with, the menu bar looks somewhat familiar to a Microsoft office tool. I know, that may sound funny being said of a video editing software, but it made me feel at home with it. This allowed me to settle down easily and learn the program. Most of the Important tools are well laid out on the menu bar for easy access. When I imported my video files including the images and audios, I liked how VideoPad organized them into their respective bins without the need for me to create footage folders. This software is simplified and yet punches well above its weight. I would recommend it to anyone at any video editing skills level.

Cons

I experienced some freezes here and there which probably could be related to my computer hardware configuration.

MI

Mohammad Ismail M.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

The Best VIDEO Editing Software Ever.

Excellent and I really love using it because it is easy to navigate on its platform, the Software is too Friendly that you will learn more technique in film editing a very-very short time and you will produce a unique and professional Films as if you are a Film Director.

Pros

The most important feature of this software is the easyness of USER to navigate in all features and effects of Film Editing that includes Cropting,Scaling, positioning,transparency, GreenScreen, use of Filters and many more features that will satisfy your Editing needs and Requirements to produce - AV Films.

Cons

The Software is Good but sometimes I experience some bugs that bothers my Editing and rendering.

SR

Syed R.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

‘VideoPad is a dynamic and user-friendly tool’

Pros

I am using VideoPad for a long time and I totally enjoy it when I work with it. Video editing became an interesting job for me. Because this tool allows you to choose a different video format. So that you can make the perfect videos for YouTube which increases the possibility of more view of the video. I would say this is a great advantage of using this tool. To edit 360 videos with VideoPad is super easy. I like to be creative with my videos and export those in a different format is a great option for me.

Cons

I wish if they could have more features and functions. Sometimes, I also observed to export different videos is a slow process. However, I think it’s a helpful tool and cost-effective.

Hi there, thanks so much for your thoughtful and detailed review. This is incredibly helpful. We wanted to let you know we've taken the good and the bad elements you've mentioned in your review to heart. -NCH Software Team

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

Used other for 6-12 months

A must have for editing any video

VideoPad helps in day to day video editing needs. Its quick, extremely easy to learn, yet robust and immensely powerful in what it does. VideoPad is an extremely stable software. It is a must have for those who want to edit their videos without diving deep into technicalities of video editing.

Pros

The best thing about VideoPad is that anybody can edit a video with this software right out of the box. VideoPad is so easy and intuitive to use and the learning curve is almost nil. So if you want to edit video in the blink of an eye, then this is the software. Plus it has several handy tools to edit your video like a pro.

Cons

All though one can edit videos of any sort with this program but VideoPad is not intended for movie making, thus lacks a lot of features that one would expect from a professional film editing software. So if anyone is looking for a software to edit films or movies then this is not the option.

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, are there any specific features you would like our team to add in future versions?: Kindly share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Media Production, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

This program is not for professionals, but for anyone who wants to make a quick video.

There were some problems with the latest updates, but by talking to support, he resolved them in the shortest time.In the end, I want to confirm that this program is not for professionalsIt is public for anyone who wants to create a quick videoBut for those who work in the field of video editing, it is not a strong competitor to the latest programs that are in the lead.

Pros

For anyone who wants to make a fast video full of transitions between each clip and the other, this program will be very useful to you.Also among the good things about the program is that you can work on a template with ease.Many are looking for is that there is no watermark on the video when it comes out.

Cons

This program lacks a friendly interface, and whoever opens it for the first time will feel that it is somewhat difficult, although it puts a map for you to show you how the program works, I feel that it will remain difficult for many who use it for the first time. The interface is full of icons, buttons, and a lot of switches. It is uncomfortable to the eye and makes you feel lost in the midst of all these influences and commands. It takes a lot of time to render your final video, and this is one of the biggest drawbacks.

MU

Michael Ugo A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Video Pad

The overall view of Video Pad is completely satisfactory, very simple , affordable but delivers high quality audio visual output.

Pros

It is very simple but very effective to use with a high quality HD Audio / Video output. Also, the video and audio channel offers multiple layers, enabling video editor to add different visuals and adjust differs audios. It comes with additional audio wave pad mixer enabling a perfect audio transitions and videos transitions cuts .

Cons

I consider they should work on improving the 3D effects because some of the effects are little outdated.

Hello Michael, Thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we thank all of our user's feedback. Kindly suggest any tools or effects you think can enhance our program here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Alberto M.

Used other for 2+ years

Interesting but something to improve

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Pros

A full set of features to edit, cut, merge etc. videos; intuitive and with a fairly comprehensive set of possibilities.

Cons

Registering and paying process cumbersome; moreover, I could not port my licence to the new PC when I changed my old one.

Hi Alberto, Our Registration Support Team will be happy to re-send your registration code and installation file to the software you previously purchased. You can contact our Registration Support Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html You can find need further assitance on how to register your products here: https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10053.html -NCH Software Team

MG

Missaka G.

Design, self-employed

VideoPad video edit Review software

I am a Sound engineer.mostly i create a flute covers track while my free time .after compose it ,i want create a video for my Flute cover.then i mostly use this software for create my video.i can edit it easily.and export it of specific format.

Pros

Mostly i like this software,It is most user friendly,It can edit our video with basic editing tools easily.It can create photo slideshow, support mostly popular video formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG/MPEG, WMV, etc.and It can edit audios use basic editing tools.(Trim the length, change audio pitch, adjust volume)

Cons

Some time i met export problems and import problems.

RR

Rogger R.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

My first video editor

This software helped me develop an image-based video of agroindustrial products that I used in a research at the university and in a few months I will publish a scientific article about this.

Pros

I like this video editor because it is very easy to use for beginners like me and there are many tutorials online to learn how to edit in this software

Cons

I think they should add some additional editing tools to make the videos look more professional also the obtainde videos should be less heavy.

NW

Natoria W.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

VIDEOPAD HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

STRESSFUL, HORRIBLE AND A WASTE OF TIME! IT HAS TAKEN 17 HOURS TO EXPORT ONE 30MIN VIDEO AND IT IS STILL NOT DONE EXPORTING! WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MORE HOURS WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS.

Pros

It's easy to download and easy to figure out how to work the SOFTWARE but other than that it's HORRIBLE.

Cons

It is horrible at playing back videos. It takes several several HOURS to export videos. It freezes constantly. It does not allow you to upload directly to social media, it freezes everytime you click for your videos to be authorized. There is no Customer Support Team available. They want you to pay them to get help from their technical support for their horrible software. DON'T PURCHASE!!! VIDEOPAD IS A HEADACHE!!!!!!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

My own view

I am using it to create videos for my YouTube channel, mostly creative common videos. I use it to edit the videos to my desired choice before I upload it to my YouTube channel. So far so good, it has really being helpful and useful to me in so many ways.

Pros

I Like the aspect of it allowing users to join multiple videos together, e.g two or more videos.

Cons

It's not easy saving edited video in mp4 format.

Hello there, thank you for contacting us. We offer free video tutorials that will show you how to perform VideoPad's tasks including saving your videos to an MP4 format. You can find these here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#mp4 If you have any further questions or concerns, our Support team will be more than happy to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Santhiya R.

Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 employees

VideoPad Review

Pros

VideoPad is easy to learn; we can edit the video quickly, and have many feathers. We can export the video in many formats

Cons

It is only for the beginners and advanced feathers are not up to the mark, Audio quality is also not that good

BB

Benjamin B.

Great Replacement for Windows Moviemaker

Pros

If you liked the simplicity of Windows movie maker, then you're going to like this software. For users who grew accustomed to the windows version, this will be easy to use.

Cons

Like Windows Movie Maker had it's drawbacks, so does this software. The sometimes frustrating nature of navigating clips and the lack of some advanced features make this not the choice for advanced users.

Hello Benjamin, In our efforts to better our products, Is there anything, in particular, we could improve? We would greatly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve. You can share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Maria F.

Program Development, 201-500 employees

Very easy to use. You do not need to be a professional

Pros

I can easily locate the video scenes in the editions I do and all the effects offered by the editor, all thanks to the good distribution of its graphic board.

Cons

It is a somewhat limited program. If you want to make simple editions, this program is correct.

RM

Refioe M.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

My Journey with VideoPad

Delightful, I like it, and maybe once I learn more about it, I will eventually grow fond of it.

Pros

It has countless features that enables its users to familiarize themselves with the software without any predicaments, one can easily locate features, thus making the process more delightful.

Cons

The fact that I could not download my videos from VideoPad once I am done editing it, but apart from that, it is amazing, but I will continue to learn more about it maybe I could finally learn to download my videos.