VideoPad Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.23/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

As I mentioned, I like to use Video Pad and this is more purposeful than similar priced produced. So, my overall experience with VideoPad is very good.
This software is good for what you get and allows for alot of editing and transitions for video projects. Ive been able to make some nice looking projects with this software.
I have seen some video editing software that is really intimidating but this is not one of them.
Terrible customer service, after paid, they don't answer emails.
It is horrible at playing back videos. It takes several several HOURS to export videos.

Santiago A.

It's worth every dollar

Easy to use, this program allows you to open almost any audio and video extension in the market. You can use its free version but it convinces you a lot, but it pays to pay a license for a work tool as good as this one. Others in the market worry about great visual details in the interface, but NCH reaches a balance that does not suffer your computer working or your patience.

Pros

What I like most is the simplicity that it offers to work with any video and audio. They offer you a platform of multiple resources for your video project. I have used it with complete satisfaction. Its use is not complicated, if you are looking for a good option and do not want to spend much this software is perfect with you. It is not as expensive as other options in the market, and it offers you, export in formats that others do not. I am very satisfied.

Cons

They should improve the details of the user interface, not bad, but it can be better. I like that it does not demand so many resources from the teams.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

VideoPad delivers when it comes to both both audio and video editing

Best for editing both audio and video files.

Pros

To start with, the menu bar looks somewhat familiar to a Microsoft office tool. I know, that may sound funny being said of a video editing software, but it made me feel at home with it. This allowed me to settle down easily and learn the program. Most of the Important tools are well laid out on the menu bar for easy access. When I imported my video files including the images and audios, I liked how VideoPad organized them into their respective bins without the need for me to create footage folders. This software is simplified and yet punches well above its weight. I would recommend it to anyone at any video editing skills level.

Cons

I experienced some freezes here and there which probably could be related to my computer hardware configuration.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Can't Recommend. Read the Fine Print. It is *really* a 6 mos subscription.

We were able to quickly catch on but discovered the quality of videos we produced were very low quality.

Pros

Was able to learn quickly and sort out features.

Cons

Purchase is valid and updated for 6 mos. After 6 mos, updates will be applied and your "license" code will be invalid. You can re-install your purchase version IF you kept your original download. License codes are not transferable between multiple computers that you own or if you get a new computer. Videos recorded at 5000kbps lose 90% of their bitrate upon exporting.

Hi, For this issue: "Videos recorded at 5000kbps lose 90% of their bitrate upon exporting." It would be best answered by our technical support team. Please contact them here - - https://www.nch.com.au/support.html Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Simple and loaded!

It is very simple and loaded with a lot of good features and a great video creation and editing tool at any skill level

Pros

One does not need a lot of time to get started with VideoPad. Primarily, this software is presented with proof as a very easy and well-organized software for both creating and editing videos. From the start, importing images, videos and texts is easy and in an organized manner into respective bins. Mostly I am working with VideoPad for YouTube Videos and one of its best features is the ability to...

Cons

I would have liked VideoPad to have a scrubbing feature on the preview as this would help dial specific positions both for audio and video editing.

Alberto M.

Used other for 2+ years

Interesting but something to improve

Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Pros

A full set of features to edit, cut, merge etc. videos; intuitive and with a fairly comprehensive set of possibilities.

Cons

Registering and paying process cumbersome; moreover, I could not port my licence to the new PC when I changed my old one.

Hi Alberto, Our Registration Support Team will be happy to re-send your registration code and installation file to the software you previously purchased. You can contact our Registration Support Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html You can find need further assitance on how to register your products here: https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10053.html -NCH Software Team

Anil P.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Simple & Lightweight Video Editor

There is a lot to like about VideoPad. It is simple, straightforward, easy to install, and does not need a lot of PC resources.

Pros

I've been using VideoPad for a long time and thoroughly love working with it. It is quite simple to edit 360 videos using VideoPad. You could even write your own music to accompany the video.

Cons

The visual effects of VideoPad are basic. Also, the audio editing is puzzling and difficult. There are occasionally issues with export and import.

Yanelly A.

VideoPad is a software to edit videos for those users who are new to the subject.

Pros

The world of video editing is not an easy subject to manage, so it is necessary to have software that not only allows a great job, but also is easy to use and adapts to the little experience of the beginners. in this matter, allowing us to explore more about the edition of videos and be able to evolve and then manipulate more complex programs, that is the great advantage of VideoPad.

Cons

VideoPad offers good alternatives for editing videos because it has several tools that facilitate work, thus achieving a great job. However, for those who are looking for an even more professional editing job, VideoPad may fall short, despite this, I recommend 100%, particularly it has worked brilliantly and I have achieved great results.

Katie K.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Steep learning curve

Pros

the final product looks as good as you make it

Cons

Steep learning curve if you're new to editing. Sound problems

Hi Katie, Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorial on VideoPad's basic tools and effects that can help ease your learning curve. You can find those here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html If you have any questions, our Support Team is always ready to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Francis Carolina L.

Simple and functional video editor

Easy to use. It is economical, to be a paid video editor. Compatible with a variety of video formats. Being easy to use, you can save time, which you can expend to other projects.

Pros

It's easy to use, which is important if like you are an amateur in video editing. The interface is very intuitive despite this in English which is not my native language. It is a lightweight program and does not require an overly powerful computer. It is compatible with many video formats.

Cons

I consider that this software is more oriented to make amateur videos, tutorials or even simple videos for youtube. If you are looking for professional software to edit short films or audiovisual material for film and television, this tool is not for you. This tool is not so precise to cover, from frame to frame, the details that may have an error of origin at the time of recording. The effects library is not wide and clean compared to other professional software.

Shari P.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Perfect software for your intro to professional video editing!

Overall, 9/10 for me, little to no kinks or issues, it gets the job done, and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to launch their career in video editing!

Pros

I love that it is easy to navigate. It was perfect for showing me and my colleagues the ropes of video editing. Has most of the features that any other editing software would have, did not feel as if I was missing our in any way.

Cons

I don't think there is much to dislike at all. I'm actually excited to see how the design of the software evolves overtime, that's the only thing I can say that I wish was better.

Sn

Sarah nabih N.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

My own experience with creating my you-tube content through videopad.

Overall, I had a very positive experience about using the software, I would choose it any day I need to do anything related to video editing (in specific) in a quick easy especially on a laptop / computer with limited capabilities (as it is a light one).

Pros

There are many pros for this software, but based on my personal experience, I believe the most important part that needs to be highlighted and celebrated is that the software is completely a light one on your computers in comparison to other software ( It runs smoothly and easily). The rendering process happens easily and quickly, without burning out rams or block using of other software at the same time.

Cons

If there is something that needs improvement, is maybe making the interface more user friendly, less complicated as sometimes I consume time searching for the things I need to do , that's why I prefer using it in video editing more than video creation.

MC

MICHAEL C.

Consumer Electronics, self-employed

Smallest Video Editing Software I know

Brilliant software. Simple to use and takes very little of my PC's storage and RAM.

Pros

Most of video editing software or even audio editing software take up a lot of storage and ram. Not VideoPad. It's very small but can perform a lot of video editing functions. With this software, I can remove parts of the video that I don't want thus my video Ads are nice and clear. The fact that there's even an Android app for it makes it even more attractive

Cons

Since I started using this software, I have not had any problems that I can report here. NCH is doing a great job.

MU

Michael Ugo A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Video Pad

The overall view of Video Pad is completely satisfactory, very simple , affordable but delivers high quality audio visual output.

Pros

It is very simple but very effective to use with a high quality HD Audio / Video output. Also, the video and audio channel offers multiple layers, enabling video editor to add different visuals and adjust differs audios. It comes with additional audio wave pad mixer enabling a perfect audio transitions and videos transitions cuts .

Cons

I consider they should work on improving the 3D effects because some of the effects are little outdated.

Hello Michael, Thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we thank all of our user's feedback. Kindly suggest any tools or effects you think can enhance our program here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Jacqueline M.

1,001-5,000 employees

With VideoPad i can edit videos easily and they look great.

I'm learning a lot about the video editing

Pros

This is a super cool tool, because it is easy to use, which makes it ideal for beginning editors like me, but also has a number of options for the editions look professional. It is ideal for editing home videos, it is also ideal to upload videos to social networks directly.

Cons

The free version does not have the ability to export socially if it has the paid version, so if you want to test how you can publish your videos directly on social networks you have to buy the paid version.

Hello there, We are very sorry to hear you had this experience with our software.Some functions in our app do require an upgrade to the full version, however many features are completely free forever. We appreciate your feedback, our support team is always available if you have any further issues or concerns here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Gonzalo B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Lighter than others but as powerful

Great for homemade movies and a bit more, quite robust for its simplicity I would recommend it for everyone that need a cost-effective, simple and easy to use with a not so steep learning curve. Recommended.

Pros

VideoPad has been my choice to cut, quickly edit and create simple, home-made films for over a year now. I love how simple is the interface, it reminds me a bit to the good old MovieMaker but way more feature-rich and able to cope with something more than a few pictures and text. I love that I can layout my videos on layers, something that the big players on the market have (being the heaviest and most expensive) but the simplest don't. As soon as I opened VideoPad I was welcomed with a nice and simple hybrid: easy to use but yet powerful enough to have layers, speed adjust and export into multiple formats easily.

Cons

There is not much to dislike, what I do remember is that even if I got the non-commercial license it keeps asking me to verify I am using it for non-profit only.

MG

Missaka G.

Design, self-employed

VideoPad video edit Review software

I am a Sound engineer.mostly i create a flute covers track while my free time .after compose it ,i want create a video for my Flute cover.then i mostly use this software for create my video.i can edit it easily.and export it of specific format.

Pros

Mostly i like this software,It is most user friendly,It can edit our video with basic editing tools easily.It can create photo slideshow, support mostly popular video formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MPG/MPEG, WMV, etc.and It can edit audios use basic editing tools.(Trim the length, change audio pitch, adjust volume)

Cons

Some time i met export problems and import problems.

Osanda G.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple video editing software

Pros

I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used. -This is very easy to use -This is very user-friendly using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Cons

This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

Joe A.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Underrated yet still very powerful

7/10

Pros

-Can use templates for ease of use -Updates have improved over the years -Can do green screen, voiceover, and many pro techniques -Basic tasks are easy (cut, transition, add text)

Cons

-Not intuitive -Lots of manual processes that take many steps -Intimidating for beginners -caching sometimes is an issue

BB

Benjamin B.

Great Replacement for Windows Moviemaker

Pros

If you liked the simplicity of Windows movie maker, then you're going to like this software. For users who grew accustomed to the windows version, this will be easy to use.

Cons

Like Windows Movie Maker had it's drawbacks, so does this software. The sometimes frustrating nature of navigating clips and the lack of some advanced features make this not the choice for advanced users.

Hello Benjamin, In our efforts to better our products, Is there anything, in particular, we could improve? We would greatly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve. You can share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html -NCH Software Team

Edward M.

A multifunctional tool very easy to use

Pros

I not only use it for video editing, but also for recording and editing audio. It is a very useful and easy to use tool, you do not need to be an expert.

Cons

The interface gives the impression of being an obsolete software and it really is not. They should add more video transitions

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Videopad

I used this when I had my video-making projects in college. I also used this in makng my siblings' projects as well. I even recommended this to my friends because it is easy to use than the other softwares. Thanks!

Pros

What I like most is the feature that allows me to add subtitles, music and cut unwanted scene.

Cons

What i like the least is the adding of text and pictures since I am not that pro in using this software. So, I should really keep on using this. And I still like this

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorials, that can show you in detail how to add text to your videos. You can find our tutorials here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html If you have any further questions, our Support team is always ready to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad -NCH Software Team

Marcos G.

11-50 employees

Nice video editing tool for publishing videos to social media

Pros

We tested this editing tool in the office and we were satisfied. It is a simple editor, which makes it easy to learn and use. You can edit many types and formats and especially export in about 15 different formats. It is particularly useful for social networks because of the different export settings that it has for networks, as well as very modern and attractive transitions and effects. It really has all the features of a basic program, but also includes advanced features such as some 3D editing, 360º video, masking and closed captions.

Cons

There are few things not to like ... I would have to say that the user interface is not very cute or attractive, although it works ... We would also like to see more possibilities in editing and mixing sound.

Hello Marcos, Thank you for your feedback. Our latest interface features a dark mode feature. We would like to hear your feedback on it. You can download the latest version of VideoPad here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html We look forward to hearing from you -NCH Software Team

Elliot Osazuwa U.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Videopad solved my subtitling Problem

Subtitling a video has become a thing of joy to me as a video editor because of this software

Pros

With NCH Video Pad adding subtitles to your Videos is very easy and can be done in such a little time and it is very easy to understand, unlike other video editing software. Also Video pads ability to recover unsaved projects is also spot on

Cons

What I have noticed about this videopad video editor is that the video effects and transitions are really poor and need to be improved on

Amanda B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Super Easy Platfrom to work with!

I've enjoyed putting out videos with this app. Dreading video editing is now a thing of the past. You literally get lost down your creative hole while using this app because of how super easy to use it is.

Pros

You can work with Videopad editor as a beginner and not find difficulty accessing controls and adjustments. It's like they were in the mind of the user when they made the editor. I love how well it incorporates sounds. I love that you can easily break up sounds and slow them down or fasten them up. I love that you can drag and drop videos super easily. You can spend hours on the app because of how easy it is to use.

Cons

I don't like the three-day trial period limit. It could be adjusted to a month for a better experience.

AH

Abigail H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Video editing and capturing

Overall I have had a great editing experience and putting together several video blogs for my youtube channel or just to keep it for personal memories. It is easy to navigate.

Pros

This is app is so fun to use when you are a blogger or just making family vacation memories. I use it to capture videos of my vacation trips then later edit it and it is easy to drag the clips and move them around. The quality is great.

Cons

Not everything is free and if you want more features you have to pay more, but it is worth it.