Google Photos Logo

Photo storage and sharing platform

Google Photos Reviews

Suggested alternatives

firmex-virtual-data-rooms
gotphoto
dochipo

Easy to use and great way to store my photos from my phoneI love the photo memories I see on the screen - lovely remindersCute ideas and suggestions.
The options for editing photos is very limited and basic. Access to photos without an internet connection is limited.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Google Photos Review

Google Photos has been a critical tool in the advance of my business.I can share files that are needed by the team in a very short time. Also, I do not have to worry about my photos getting lost as they are automatically backed up and the software ensures the total safety of my files.

Pros

I liked the Automatic Backup Feature most as I do not have to worry about my photos and videos getting lost. Apart from that,Google Photos is appealing as it is secure and I can access my files from multiple devices,which is totally awesome.

Cons

The free storage space can be increased a little bit from 15GB to enable users to utilize Google Photos a lot more.

HT

Helia T.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best cloud for photos

This is a great cloud photo app that works very well on mobile. I don't have to be concerned about running out of storage space on my phone. Even if I erase photographs from my phone to save up space, they are all backed up and protected.

Pros

I love how the Google Photos algorithm works very well to detect faces and use this feature to keep shared albums updated automatically. The heat map with photo locations is also amazing. All the metadata is well preserved in the file so it works fine while searching and finding older photos. It also allows you to change the dates and hours of your images if necessary. The mobile app is also great in saving memory by making quickly uploading and detecting of backup files.

Cons

I am very sad the free storage of high-quality photos is gone though the paid plan isn't prohibitively costly for the average user. It also could have improved photo edit tools

Bholeswar S.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Faster way to edit photos

Pros

The automatic photo editing feature is a great deal for people who have less skill on editing. Ad it allows to save photo directly in google cloud and run phone smoothly.

Cons

There are only very less editing filters, It should be improved.

RR

Rahul R.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Best platform to back up and secure photos

My overall experience with the software was great as I use it on daily basis. Most of the time I need to access old photos for editing and designing purposes and Google Photos helps me to store and access them on tip of my fingers. This is great software and will definitely help users looking for good and secured cloud storage.

Pros

The platform is great as it has a storage of 15 GB for storing your data or photos. Which helps you to secure a large amount of data on it. You can access all of your already backed-up photos from anywhere and anytime this is the best part of Google Photos. It also helps to find photos by different types of search tools and options. One of the best apps with a good interface and smooth user experience.

Cons

Although the software is great and very useful but there is something which can be improved like the software will only let you access the photos if there is an Internet Connection. The storage can also be increased as sometimes even 15 GB is not enough for storing all your data. There should be some more editing tools other than the basic ones.

Ansh R.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Best software to protect your visual data.

Would recommend it to everyone as Google is the most trusted platform and will provide you the best service with the best security system. Just go for it guys you don't need to use this software also just keep the automatic backup on and everything will be done by the software for you.

Pros

The app is free of cost and this is the best thing about the app it has a storage of 15 GB approximately which is capable of storing lots of data. You can just switch on the automatic backup option in the app and your all photos and videos will get back up by themselves. You can access them back again whenever you want to. Nothing can be better then this.

Cons

Everything is great but I think the storage capacity should be improved by Google. As for a photogenic guy who clicks photos every day it doesn't take much time to get your storage full. The app fully works on the Internet connection and it will not work offline this is something which Google need to work on making it compatible when a device is offline too.

MA

Majmoon A.

Education Management, self-employed

Perfectly Impressive, Useful & Exciting Features 👍🏻

Overall, Google Photos is very useful and helpful for me. I use this software for storing my pictures and videos, for freeing up space from my phone's storage, for sharing the data with my family members and I save the stories which Google Photos automatically made from the past memories.

Pros

Every feature of Google Photos is impactful. I mostly like the stories which Google Photos automatically make for us to give a reminder of our past memories, i oftenly save these stories. I like the 'free up space' feature. It helps to free up our phone's storage. The editing tools given are quite impressive because some of its editing tools are not given in even other editing applications, specially the video stabilising tool is very useful for me, it stables the shakiness of the video. It's a nice an amazing software, i love it.

Cons

Everything in this software is perfect except the given storage space, in my point of view. There must be given more storage space or the storage buying price should be reduced, it's quite high. So that we can use this software to a more extent level and can use it's amazing features.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Most Required App For Our Memories ❤️ !!!

Fantastic !!!

Pros

- Backup our photos in a secured way and access from anywhere and any device. - Provides backup with compressed format without losing quality - Sharing with our friends & family easily and effectively( No more bulk photos sending to everyone). - Easy to find a photo from our gallery with keywords. - Mandatory app for those who wants to keep their memories with them forever.

Cons

- Initially they provided these services with unlimited storage quota. But now, they restricted to account storage limit. Thus enable us to have photos within the limit. They may increase free usage quota from 15GB to some extra storage like 50GB. (Will be helpful for those who requires more storage)

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great tool for my all my photos

I love this tool. It store my photos in high quality and is easy to use. I love the way it has improved over time and search functionality is great. Easy to store and put into folders too. Backing up works fine, but exporting many photos at once can be a bit tricky. But otherwise excellent.

Pros

- easy to use with my phone or laptop- stores thousands of images and many videos- fairly easy to find files- good and updated search functionality

Cons

- exporting files can be a bit fiddly- limited storage spacebut considering it is free it is a great tool

Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent tool for photo management

A great program and superb for photo storage. Brilliant for sharing and I love the way it shares fond memories of the past. Backing up can be fiddly and I wish we could have a function where everything could be downloaded and stored all at once.

Pros

Cons

Not much free storage spaceBack up options a bit restrictive ideally need to be able to download everything at once and save it

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Google Photos- A must have for every phone

Google Photos is a great competitor for iCloud; it is easy to use, smart technology that makes it easier to optimize your cloud storage experience, and great for all devices.

Pros

I liked a lot of Google Photo's features. Google Photos has amazing built in features, an accurate algorithm to detect faces, has highlight features, and is wonderful for backing up photos. Google Photos can easily be used on different devices, and it is easy to share photos with others with your Google account. Photos can easily be backed up and restored if deleted, and with the smart tools on Google Photos, it is easy to organize, search for, and edit photos.

Cons

Sometimes Google Photos diminishes the quality of photos, and the editing tools are basic, but this isn't a major problem.

JA

Julia A.

Music, self-employed

Best Photo Storage

Pros

I use Google Photos for everything photo related. It is my primary photo storage. I love that I can access my photos from any device, in real time. I take pictures with my phone, and they are automatically uploaded to my Google Photos account and viewable from my computer immediately. It also allows me to make Albums, which helps with organization. It is very easy to use.

Cons

My only complaint is that I have only learned how to save pictures from my Google Photos account to my computer hard drive one at a time. I have not learned how to save several at once, if this is a possibility. It may be a feature that I haven't figured out. So I am saving pictures individually, which takes up some time. But other than that, this software is amazing.

MD

Mariana D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Efficient

efficient, very good, and keeps the memories of life that I had, there are old photos there, things that I will be able to show my son in the future.

Pros

I like to keep my photos and videos, I can delete photos and videos from my cell phone without losing them, because they are all stored in Google Photos. and my memory is not full.

Cons

I think it should be easier to find a photo, but the app is able to store many photos, but it is difficult to find the photos.

AK

Ali K.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Google photos review

I like using google photos and my opinion about it is very positive and it makes my life much more easier when I don't need to worry about every photo if I accidentally delete it from my gallery it's still in google photos and that gives me a lot of peace of mind.

Pros

I like how fast it uploads and back ups my photos and videos in to the cloud and that I don't need to worry about losing them.

Cons

Well it also stores screenshots which only takes more space and can't be removed from the backup list.

FL

Fabian L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Google Photos - Secure Photo Backup Solution

Overall my experience has been wonderful.

Pros

Google Photos is a gem of a tool. I love how it enables me to save, view and edit photos from my library for an infinite time. It enables us to add names to faces in images, create short movies with images and clips from videos and it even sends notifications of anniversaries of photos taken years ago.

Cons

I am yet to find a noteworthy issue with this software.

SA

Samuel A.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Efficient Photo Storage with Backup

Convenient solution for photo storage and organization.

Pros

Automatic backup, intelligent organization features.

Cons

Compression for free storage, potential data privacy issues.

AM

Anmol M.

Entertainment, self-employed

Google photos review

Pros

I like the free cloud storage available in this app

Cons

There is no disadvantage of using google photos

Esther T.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Memories are kept fresh

The experience has been superb because file sharing has been made easier and memories have been kept fresh. I will always choose Google photos.

Pros

Google photos enables members to share files easily and enjoy the background music while browsing through the files.Fantastic!

Cons

Sometimes when one tries to delete a specific file the rest also get deleted without being notified.Otherwise most of the features work just well.

JH

Jakob H.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Google Photo

Pros

Google Photos is great for not only backing up your photos but generally storing them, it saves a lot of space on your phone's storage.

Cons

I wish it would be easier to connect with other Google products.

Dauzrion D.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Best Photo Storage Option!

Pros

What I love most about this software is that the storage is free!

Cons

I have no complaints about this software being that I use it for both personal and business related photos.

MV

Marieken V.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Great application for storing all my important pictures

Good overall experience and an application I use daily

Pros

It's intuitive to use and pictures can be shared and saved to other applications

Cons

Mybe the editing features are a bit basic

JK

Jacinta K.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Best App to Store Your Memories!

I have had an amazing experience using this application. I have saved precious memories of my friends and family.

Pros

Google Photos allows you to upload and store your photos and videos for a long period of time. It allows you to upload your gallery to the cloud automatically via Wi-Fi or cellular data. It also shows the names of the people present in photos. Even if you accidentally lose your phone, you can still access your stored photos and videos once you install the app in your new phone and log into your Google account.

Cons

It is hard to locate photos fast because you have to scroll through months or even years of saved photos which can be tiresome.

Aj

Abdul j.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Google photos

Overall i like it.

Pros

Because it save my all pics and data.and i feel it very secure

Cons

In this app 15 gb photos and video data backup.

BA

Burhan Ali K.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Very usefull software to use

Easy and excellent tools to use

Pros

Storage is the most I liked it of this....

Cons

Gives all the information of the photo....

NK

Nirmal K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Doesn't miss any good moments!

Pros

This app was the best for saving photos into Cloud. It was more convenient before Google brought a limitation on the storage of the account.

Cons

Cloud syncing with the gallery of the smartphone is a mess. When the photo or video is removed from the Gallery app of the mobile, the same does not get removed the Google Photos. As a result, the gallery in Google Photos gets filled with unnecessary photos

Neha M.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Best in market

Pros

Helps identify and track photos using face recognition Compressed images online save a lot of storage space and can be retrieved to original size in no time

Cons

The free version only offers 15 GB which is very less for photos and videos considering today's high resolution picture quality