RealGreen Logo

Suggested alternatives

jobber
servicetitan
kickserv

Having the ability for clients to log into their account and make billing changes helps the office staff greatly. Using tablets in the field is a great advantage as well.
How easy it is to navigate the system, easy to setup accounts and take payment. I love how easy it is to communicate across the board with employees.
Over priced, the support it terrible, it is impossible to get in contact with finance and the sales team lies and tells you the software can perform in a way it can't to stick you in a contract.
It is unacceptable to have a system go down for all the online users.

SG

Shawn G.

Construction, self-employed

Real Green is the industry standard for LCO’s

I have zero regrets implementing real green into my business even though I’m an owner/operator. The cost for the amount of features and the customer service is worth the subscription fee

Pros

I appreciate the ease of creating programs for my lawn care services. Once you have it all set up in real green it becomes so fluid to pull work, print invoices, post production, and record payments. I don’t use the software to its full potential yet but I appreciate it having expanded features that do not require a huge added cost

Cons

It was difficult at first to understand how the software works. The training was great but I have definitely used my share of customer support whether online through the videos and knowledge base or over the phone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and for taking the time to truly learn our software! We are so happy to be a partner on your business journey.

LP

Larry P.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Overly Complicated

Customer support group is excellent. Why the development group can not, or have chosen not to correct the 2 issues that I just addressed, is beyond me.

Pros

It is fully integrated, customer management software. What it does well, it does very well. Routing work and allowing us segment out customers for marketing purposes.

Cons

Vastly over complicated in how it handles customer deposits. Software does not always apply payments to the invoice number that we type in. It will automatically apply payment to the oldest open invoice, which can cause absolute chaos in our accounting and when we communicate with a customer about an open balance and find out that there last several payments have been applied to the wrong invoice....

Thank you for the review, Larry! If you're using SA4, your comment on deposits and payments is true. However, SA5 is vastly improved in that area. You can apply payments to specific invoices and services, eliminating any doubt in your customers' minds as to the validity of your accounting and setting your own mind at ease, that everything is as it should be. Contact us for a no-obligation SA5 consultation!

DM

David M.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Good product but needs constant work

It is mixed because there are so many great features, but as I said above, the company tries to be the entire solution to every service business, and it falls quite short in this capacity. Operating a small business myself, I have found that finding what you are great at and focusing on that is the key to success. It seems to me that RG is working awful hard on trying to stretch beyond their wheel-house.

Pros

I like the idea of SA. It does things many other solutions in my industry don't offer. SA manages our customer's services very well. It handles billing and service dispatch very well. It allows us to give nearly instant quotes to many many people in our service area. It is quite accurate with day to day operation based services.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with other marketing software like Hubspot. SA tries to be a marketing company, a printing company, a customer service company, an accounting company, essentially it tries to be too many things. If SA would focus on getting the service scheduling and dispatch and billing 100% correct, I feel like they would easily be the best in the industry. There are often errors when running...

JS

Jason S.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

Just another opinion to mull over for the overall out look and betterment of Senske Services .

It’s has been a relief to have such an effective system to manage so many different moving parts of the business and do it efficiently.

Pros

The overall effectiveness and options at your fingertips.

Cons

It should have more agronomy tips and accessible recommendations for different scenarios

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so happy you are finding success with our product. -WorkWave

BR

Bradley R.

A Software that Helps You Grow Your Business

Overall experience has been good but takes work to get used to the program/software.

Pros

Once set up, it helps you stay on track of your fertilizer rounds and enables you to grow rapidly if you choose to.

Cons

It was rather difficult for me to set up and learn. Even with videos it takes a long time to onboard.

Thank you for your feedback. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we appreciate your input as you find success with our products. Thank you, WorkWave.

AJ

Amanda J.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Good Product, Not 100% Ready

It's a lot more user friendly than SA4, but considering we don't have full functionality it's disheartening.

Pros

The aesthetics of the website and advertised functionality were very appealing during sales pitch. Most of us like the fact we can see a good bit of the customers account information from the Customer Details screen without having to hop from tab to tab like in SA4. The accessibility is convenient as our other branches no longer have to remote in to access a program, but can instead access SA5 from the web.

Cons

There are several tasks we're unable to complete in SA5 because it's not an available feature and we're having to resort back to SA4 to do them. Sending statements to Real Green via direct mail through SA5 is unavailable, printing Group Billing Statements with our custom form is unavailable. We also cannot export Route Loose Work report to customer search screen. The speed of SA5 has also posed...

Thank you for the review, Amanda! We're sorry you're experiencing issues becoming accustomed to SA5's updated screens and workflows. Real Green will pull statement files for users for processing. This functionality should be available soon. To export 'loose work' to the customer screen, users may generate the Unserviced Report and export. Our Customer Support team can jump on a quick call regarding...

JK

Jamie K.

Lots of features, LOW functionality

Sad to see they took SA4 and ruined it. Great experience with RG until they sold.

Pros

I liked the idea of what they had to offer, but they did not create a solid base to add all the bells and whistles. Program is buggy and not user friendly. Basic functionality is not there.

Cons

We used SA4 in the past and it was a great program. Not sure how they managed to take a solid base and ruin it completely. Basic functionality is not there. Can't do something as simple as print an invoice without clicking through 4 windows & changing printer settings. Printing doesn't line up correctly on their own pre-printed forms, and does not look professional. Call log is a mess. Functions...

Hello and thank you for your feedback of our product. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for us and we are looking into all of your feedback. We advise you to contact our support line for all questions or issues you may be experiencing: Support: (800) 762-0301. Thank you, WorkWave

AW

Aaron W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

15 months later still a horrible system!

Horrible!

Pros

After 15 months I have yet to see any benefit from Service Assistant, the Customer Assistant Website, the Automated Marketing Assistant, or Mobile live. If you are a one stop shop, you only offer one service then this software might suit you. As long as you can afford to spend most of the day on the phone with tech support or you can afford to pay someone to spend more time on the phone with tech support then they do taking care of your customers.

Cons

After 15 months this system cost me unmeasurable losses. A complex system that doesn't work, their tech support personnel (if you can get a hold of them) can't run it. I have services completed in April of 2019 that still have not synced with my customers online account. Among other major issues, I have still have customers receiving blank invoices, invoices with inaccurate balances & invoices for...

Aaron, our Vice President of Customer Success will be reaching out to you today to resolve these issues.

LW

Lonnell W.

Scammers

I became a customer with We’re green August 2022. I looked forward to us having a great company relationship. However, it was exactly the opposite. To start, learning the software took up a huge amount of office-time. I was willing to bear with the process, as I thought it was going to lessen our workload, once all the systems were in place. They have a year-end renewal process. This is where the...

Pros

The technicians would try to help, but there were times where they were out of the loop and didn’t know how to help. Most of the techs were very kind.

Cons

The accounting department was responsible to make financial and final decisions on major issues. So when I was told to contact them, the first 2 or 3 times I contacted them, they’d call me back. Lol. After they learned I was having major issues, they stopped returning any of my calls the duration of our time with them.

PM

Paul M.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Very Helpful

Overall I think it's a great product. It can be a little more expensive at times than what I think it should be but I'd rather pay a little more for a good, helpful product than have it cheaper with more issues. Overall I'd highly recommend Real Green. I've used it for 20 years and it has helped me create a successful business.

Pros

The options that help me organise daily activities and customer history.

Cons

Every now and then there are some quirks that have to be worked out, which is expected but sometimes customer service depending on who you get isn't as helpful as you'd like depending on who you get.

Thank you for sharing your comments on RealGreen. We're thrilled to be a partner for your business.

LH

Lisa H.

Service Assistant Software

Pros

Being a user of Service Assistant Software since 2002, we have come to rely on it for our business management software. The software is all encompassing and runs our business well. We are in a self hosted environment and have control over our computer system. The software on our self hosted service has been quite stable. We will continue to run in this environment until a time that we feel the online hosted software is comparable.

Cons

What I am quite disappointed in is the switch to online hosted software run by Real Green. They are pushing companies to use their online software at a ridiculous cost. To use their online software would run us almost 10 times the monthly maintenance cost. The online hosted software is NOT STABLE and users are being used as guinea pigs while Real Green tries to work the bugs out. An example would...

We are sorry for any inconvenience you experience as a result of last week's slowdown and temporary outage. The problem has been fixed and all functions are stable and operating at optimal speed.

CI

Carl I.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Software & Support is good But .....

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sold me the and another Lawn Doctor franchise the software in 2000 or 2001. I know I am no longer a franchisee but to increase as quickly as it has seemed unreasonable to me. Although this is the first time I have put my thoughts down on paper.

Pros

I feel the software, in general, meets my needs and support always gets the job done whenever there is a problem. The cost of using the software is getting very expensive. I wish I could say that I haven't thought about researching other software. I was paying $2500/ year but now I am spending like $20K +.

Cons

Cost is getting out of control and sometimes I feel like no matter what I do the cost increases. Sometimes I get charged for technicians signing on to SA for clocking in. It wastes my time to research the issues when I receive an invoice. This was happening monthly for most of 2019. I haven't had time to check 2020.

Thank you for the feedback, Carl. We are glad to see that you are pleased with our software and support. It is our goal to ensure our customers are getting the best value for the best products on the market. While it is true that prices have increased since 2000, it is also true that today's Real Green Systems customers receive a much more all-inclusive package of services than we offered 20 years...

PB

Patty B.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

SA5 Falls a little short for a full service company

The database and customer history is the biggest plus for SA. We have historical data on all of our maintenance customers which makes it super easy to provide maintenance estimates and do contract renewals each year.

Pros

I love that it is internet based and I am able to log in anywhere. The functionality is a big improvement over the SA4 version.

Cons

Reporting is always an issue. For a simple customer list - every time you run the report - you get a different result/number. You clear out the report, start over - and again a different number. It's difficult to provide accurate numbers to your boss when you aren't sure yourself if they are correct. Also - our we are a full service landscape company - and the software cannot handle the landscape...

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your candid observations. To clarifyReporting in SA4 and SA5 is robust and offers users multiple ways of viewing their data using filters. If users save their desired data report parameters to favorites, and generate the report from the saved favorite profile and it will generate the same data each time. SA5 has an internal billing system, which functions much like QuickBooks, and allows users to push their general ledger to QuickBooks to create a P&L.

CP

Carey P.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Extremely In-Depth Lawn Program with MANY Features!!!

We are able to keep such detailed history on our customers, and even better that our technicians can even access that in the field with Mobile Live!

Pros

This software has so many different "layers" that allow you to do so many things. There are tons of reports, on top of everything else it has to offer. It is a huge time-saver for our company, and I can't imagine we would be able to handle the amount of current customers we have without a program like this. We use so many features in the program as well as extended features (CAW for payments only, Mobile Live, Routing...).

Cons

We currently still have SA4, so there are no longer any updates. It is also a VERY complicated program to learn, but sooo worth it!! The technicians at Real Green are wonderful at helping you get through any stumbling blocks you may run into.

Thank you for the kind words, Carey!

BB

Broan B.

Very disappointed

I've used this software with other companies I worked for before starting my own business. It was always great as an employee, but as far as helping me run my business, not so much. It's too exspensive. $/ month for basic customer tracking. Billing is awful. You have to print every invoice, even if the customer doesn't want an invoice left, with the invoice paper costing a minimum $ for 500 that you...

Cons

Thank you for honest review. We are pleased that you enjoyed using our products while you were employed in the field. As a business owner in any industry, there are unfortunately some necessities that can be very expensive. However, our product costs are in-line with many of our competitors. Real Green Systems offers a complete product, which helps run every aspect of a service industry business...

AM

Amber M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Loads of Functionality (SA4)

Overall, once you learn it, it can be a very powerful tool. The newest version is a lot more user friendly from what I have heard and read, so this may not be so true with SA5 as it is with SA4. They also offer many additional services such as the automated marketing assistant and customer assistant website, which we also use and find to be great!

Pros

- can do many things within their software they have available - tech support is always a delight to deal with - many software "add ons" available to help with your business needs and change how you interact with your customers - webinars and in-person yearly conferences are offered - always coming up with updates and new, innovative products

Cons

- the software can be complex to learn, especially for new hires and they get hired during the busy season (I realize SA5 will improve this point a lot, but I am only unable to comment on that from a user and trainer point of view at this time) - many reports and such can be easily pulling the wrong information with a simple mistake of not clicking a box, or clicking a box we shouldn't have

Thank you for the review! Regarding the point on reports, report parameters can be saved to favorites, so users can run favorite reports without re-entering settings. Because the software is so robust, and users have such a broad array of ways they want to view their data, we tried to accommodate as many different scenarios as possible.

BW

Brad W.

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Needs work

I wish we would have stayed on SA4 longer.

Pros

I love how you can access SA5 anywhere you have internet. It's much easier to get around than SA4.

Cons

*DOWN TIME or Super SLOW *Features like associating services was not complete and it messed things up big time. Need to launch complete features. If something doesn't work it puts a lot of doubt in my Team about Real Green. *Quit adding features before everything else is working like a well oiled machine. *There isn't a way to figure out our customer attrition rate. *There isn't a dashboard that you can keep track of KPI's or anything else at a glance. *Real Green says they are an open API but they never allow any other company to connect * Needs to be 1 platform - You have to write a proposal in SA5 to send out through AMA (Different Platform). When you have to have a setting in a different platform to work in the intended platform, doesn't make much sense and it's very confusing.

Brad, we apologize for the recent slowdown and for the impact on your business. We have a plan in place to ensure this doesn't happen again. Also, thank you for the feedback on SA5 from a users' perspective. We appreciate you as a customer and hope you will give us a chance to make it right.

EN

Earl N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Complete rip off, zero professional ethics

Horriable

Pros

The lady doing training was great. the only redeamable quality

Cons

I will never give a negative review simply because a company made a mistake or oversight. But when a company shows a complete lack of customer service and end user support, is apathetic and rude, and in the end shows that the only thing they are concerned with is trapping you in a contract, then they deserve it. If those were qualities being rated this place is a 5 Star, but as far as business ethics...

NR

Nathan R.

Chemicals, 1-10 employees

Real green used to be real good. Support and service lacks

Service assistant was great, then they decided to be cloud based so they could sell sell sell. What they forgot was to make it work first. They seriously need an internal IT and coding department because what they are doing doesn’t work. 4-5 hour callback times, had to outsource call answering due to being overwhelmed with issues, product instability is such a problem I’d love to go back 3 generations and do things the old way. This is a classic case of rush to market, oversell, over promise, and under deliver. It’s shameful.

Pros

Looks pretty Works good...when it works Ability to incorporate so much marketing....when it works

Cons

Cost, value, functionality, support, customization, dependability

ST

Scott T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Growing or business with Real Green!

It's been good, we have really experimented with it on a couple of dummy accounts and found what works. We are experimenting with inventory items and realized we might be able to make thigs even more streamlined. Might work better for some things than flag codes. All good stuff!

Pros

The way we can customize what we are doing. With all the options if one thing is not working for us, we can try several other ways to make it work better. Like with routing and with coding an account.

Cons

It gets really slow in the evenings and afternoons and we are having to wait a long time between screens and some of the options to fix things like Targets for products are hidden. If they come up on a search that would be awesome!

ED

Elizabeth D.

Real Green is the best CRM for lawn care

I've used this software for over 24 years. I love how it helps companies grow!

Pros

Everything, number 1 would be the upsells for AMA and the ease to quote a potential customer right over the phone in less than 2 min. And with it being cloud based, can work from anywhere!

Cons

Wish I had a little more control and options in the templates when I'm designing. Sometimes it's a little tricky but I make it work.

LW

Laura W.

Great Software for Scheduling and Routing

Overall, it was easy to use after learning the basics. The mapping and scheduling functionality is this softwares best feature.

Pros

I really liked that I could see all customers who are currently due for service on the map at one time. Selecting an area on the map of customers was so easy! I could just click and drag an area on the map and a list of those customers would pull up for scheduling.

Cons

The company I worked for offered pest control and lawn service. This software is definitely designed for lawn service functionality, but didn't work perfectly for the pest control aspects. We made it work, but the software wasn't designed with pest control and termite control services in mind.

VF

Veronica F.

Good Quality Software

I think it's an overall great service. It's easy to use on the day to day.

Pros

RealGreen is pretty user friendly and with most features, you can teach yourself as you explore. If there is anything you need assistance with, their premier support team is always available and helpful.

Cons

Like all software, it has it glitches. Just the other day, it wasn't posting payments and had to update. That was a pretty big error.

Thank you for sharing your experience with RealGreen. We appreciate all feedback to continue to provide an excellent product.

AW

Andrew W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

A & A Lawn care

Pros

How it helps office staff communicate to the customer using AMA. Also all the marketing functions.

Cons

Improvements with accounting features. More ease on applying installments to invoices rather than balance. Improvements on aging and better explanation how and why accounts get aged. Better communication with accounting software to carry GL over. I feel like to do this correctly you have to have a lot accounting background. While larger companies have a department of the ability to contract this out, smaller users would have a difficult time. We had this issue early on when the company was forming.

Thanks for the great review, Andrew! The improvements you mentioned regarding applying installments to invoices, account aging, and GL communication are available in the new SA5 product.

KC

Kari C.

Used other for 2+ years

Sa4 VS Sa5

See above...

Pros

It is online so I can work from anywhere.

Cons

In the past we used SA4 with out lawn care, it is very user friendly and takes less time to enter in new customer as well as services than SA5. There seem to be a lot of glitches in SA5 even when entering a customer. When entering in the address on the address search line, I often have to reenter the info on the individual address blocks as it does not find the address and auto enter the info in the...