Droplr Reviews

Droplr

Collaboration tool for remote workers & distributed teams

Droplr

Review Summary

Daniel W.

Read the full review
Super easy and intuitive graphical user interface; great all-in-one productivity/collaboration/communication tool; Version 5.0 is really cool too - love the new launch screen.

Ryan K.

Read the full review
The ability to quickly capture, annotate, and share what I see on the screen helps me communicate more effectively with my team and with customers.

Read the full review

Cons

So, I bought this deal 3 stack code and also used the dashboard, did some recording. Overall it was a horrible experience.

Tuhin B.

Read the full review
Sometimes Droplr can crash when starting a screencast during the screencast.

Heather M.

Read the full review
Ve tried both desktop and web, and both are very clunky. I can't easily format text box size or edit font size, let alone go back and edit graphics.

Droplr has been my default screenshot app for over 5 years

Pros

Very simple workflow: you press a shortcut, select an area on the screen and get a link in your clipboard. Or, if you want, you press another shortcut and draw extra info on your screenshot. A lot of my friends are using Dropbox for this, but I hate how heavy is the dropbox web page when you click the link. I think it even tries to convince you to install the Dropbox app, which is extremely annoying. Also, love the screencast feature, use it all the time.

Cons

It feels like the app became a bit more buggy in recent days. In particular, uploading a screencast sometimes crashes the app, and there are few annoying bugs in the drawing editor.

Droplr has been a mainstay service for my developing business

I use Droplr as a file sharing system for my customers, as an inspiration board, and very frequently (daily) use it to share screenshots and vid captures with everyone from customers, friends, to support personnel (it lets me see how many times a file has been accessed so I know if/when a customer support agent has bothered to look at my file/screenshot/vid capture). With Droplr, I am never in the dark and I can't say enough about the service.

Pros

The overall cost and customer service is great. I have been using Droplr for some years now and though I may drift and try some other services, I always stay with Droplr. And when it comes to working with my customers and sharing assets of different types with them there just isn't anything easier or more convenient to use. I absolutely love Droplr and can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The primary issue I have is that I use Droplr on all my devices, including my iPad. There used to be a great iPad app but that has long since been abandoned. Please bring it back, I need it!

Great promise, really buggy

I would love for this to work but every couple of month I get to the point of "that's it"

Pros

Easy to use and feature-packed .. lots of customization options and I would've given it 5 starts straight if it wasn't for the below bugs

Cons

- Buggy (many times I record to find out that screen recording crashed in the middle OR when done video, software gets stuck at uploading) - Difficult support to get hold of, once you do, they are helpful (must be fare)

Great way to share screenshots, recordings and files!

I'm extremely happy with this app, but there's ONE thing that it doesn't do that I REALLY need: copying the file into my clipboard right after taking the screenshot/recording. Hope they implement it soon!

Pros

Droplr is a great tool to share screenshots, screen recordings and files almost instantly. I love how easy it is to set up and share stuff with other people. Since I have it, I'm using CloudApp much less, as its interface is better and it offers a much better functionality to organise files online.

Cons

The only thing I'm missing in Droplr (which I do have in CloudApp) is the ability to send a screenshot or recording straight to my clipboard instead of copying the link. I sometimes need this functionality more often than the link sharing, so that's the only reason I haven't ditched CloudApp.

Amazing screenshot tool with powerful integrations

I was pleasantly surprised by the new version of droplr. Drag and drop integration with major productivity apps is not only a killer feature, it's also fun to do! Anyone who regularly needs to annotate and share screenshots should check out droplr first.

Pros

I've been using the free version of droplr for years but not consistently. I got an email encouraging me to check out the new version and was glad I did. The integrations provided with the Mac desktop app are for me the biggest selling point since there's really nothing special about the screenshot and annotation tools which can be found in many Chrome extensions and in other apps. (None of them are...

Cons

The new version of Droplr is quite a bit slower when scrolling in the web app. The old version used to allows direct sharing to Twitter and other social networks. There is no sharing option now. Perhaps that functionality will be added later. Drops in free version are automatically deleted after 30 days. Legacy users/early adopters aren't eligible for a free pro trial of the new version. This seems kind of mean to me.

Droplr is an AMAZING software!

Great. Droplr is an amazing alternative to the giants in the space. The download speeds are great, and most functionality is as well. Way cheaper as well, and super useful if you're some sort of manager (for instructing people).

Pros

Droplr is my go-to software for sharing files quickly. I got the life time deal back when it was on appsumo and have been a daily user of it since I bought it. Even without the LTD, though, it's wonderfully cheaply priced - and the limits are high. Sharing most files and screenshots is super easy.

Cons

I have two differently sized monitors. One is 3840x2160, the other 2560x1440. Because of this, Droplr can't screenshot on either of my monitors properly. It can't adjust. Other softwares don't have this problem, so I have to work with Snagit to take the screenshot, have it add it to my clipboard, and then share it like that. Totally okay to deal with, but not great from a testing perspective. They also did not take action when I contacted them about it.

Amazing tool!

Amazing, it has really helped me save a lot of time!

Pros

Since I started using Droplr I've been able to manage screenshots so easily. Given the work I do, it is essential to be able to take screenshots all the time, and using the default OS option and then uploading it is time consuming. Droplr makes it easy, specially with the Chrome extension, simply select the type of screenshot you need, markup it and copy the link. Another very important feature is being able to add tags or move screenshots to folders to keep them organzed, and the selfdestrcut option, also really really good.

Cons

So far I don't really have problems, I did had a problem taking screenshots a long time ago, but their support team got back to me and helped me fix it, turns out all I needed to do was uninstall and reinstall the Chrome extension to fix it.

Fast uploading, sharing, screen recording & screenshots

Sharing short links in emails instead of attaching documents is better in many ways. A link to a document is safer and faster to access; you don't have to worry about remembering to attach a document; recipients don't have to worry about problems with downloading or losing a document; attachments are safely stored in the cloud; documents are presented on a clean, custom branded page. Another great...

Pros

The ease and speed of uploading a file, getting an instant short link and sharing it safely with anyone anywhere.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind that's missing. Droplr is one of those apps that works so well and is so intuitive to use, you don't even think about it.

Couldn't live with it

Great. I use it 10x a day and don't know what I would do without it.

Pros

So, easy to share images, files, links, screencasts in emails, Slacks, texting. It's makes me crazy when someone plops a 12mb image in an email.

Cons

Oh, there are a couple of tiny tweaks that would make it easier to use or be more convenient. Put nothing stands out.

Good for Capturing Screenshots - annotate and Screen Recording.

my overall experiences with droplr is quiet good but they should do survery in users that waht minor features they think is missing and like this they can make developmet user s driven.

Pros

I like most is Screen recording in GIF with Desktop App, and with face in chrome extension with ability to save to desktop.

Cons

What i like least is while recording screen with chrome extension, web cam only be in a small size and cant be switched for full screen cam in between. usually what we need is both.

Take it from a CEO, this doubled our companies productivity and collaboration. It's a must!

I will start by sharing that droplr is considered as essential to our business as is email or calendar invites. We could not do our jobs without it. It was impossible before to have these different groups share ideas effectively as we are both remote and meetings were very difficult to get across ideas and "speak the same language" for our content creators and sales teams to share ideas with design...

Pros

It was impossible before to have our different teams (sales, design, development) share ideas effectively as we are both remote and meetings were very difficult to get across ideas and "speak the same language" for our content creators and sales teams to share ideas with design teams and then translate for the developers. It took us days with meetings, whiteboard sessions, and hundreds of emails,...

Cons

The tagging works well but I wish we could organize drops into custom groups as well

Thanks Joshua for the great review! We have shared tagging coming mid-January so keep your eyes open for that. You will be able to organize tags and share them amongst groups!

Overall a very good product, but would love to see some additional features.

If you're a CLI kind of person, I have published a "droplr-cli" app here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/droplr-cli

Pros

It's a simple app that does what it's supposed to well -- take screenshots & makes them easily accessible via web. The built-in screen recording works very well, including recording audio with it. I use these two features very frequently for work-related tasks and it's definitely not something I'm willing to live without now!

Cons

One feature that is missing that I'd *really* like to see is the ability to fine-tune a screenshot after the fact. For example, I might take a screenshot and realize I want to crop it slightly to cut out some content. This functionality does not currently exist. I'd also like the ability to take a screenshot, make annotations, etc and copy the contents directly to my clipboard (actual image data) rather than being forced to either save to disk or upload to droplr.

Droplr became my go-to 1-1 individual video greeting tool

Overall, Droplr has become part of my normal workflow. I share pictures and files regularly and best of all, I can depend on it. File-sizes can be huge. This is a boon for me, as it comes with a video player; I found no easier way to share my files and videos to date! Thanks, team!

Pros

I like the most that it's cross-platform and that it practically functions as a video-sharing tool for me as well. I often send video-greetings to people and have started using it to send these. It saves me a lot of space on my hard drive. I also like that I can link my own domain.

Cons

The ios app and laptop apps are a bit inconsistent. so far I have found no way to send a link to a file with the password included on the ios app in one step; this works automatically like this on the mac app.

My experience with Droplr has been good. It's a convenient way to share files.

Pros

Pretty much how they promote it is accurate... it's allows you to share files easily and conveniently, and the file will be removed from their servers after an allotted amount of time. In both work and play, many times I'll need to share something as almost a temporary measure: "Look at this screenshot." It's not something that needs to be kept forever. Usually after the client sees it, we discuss it, and move on with the project. There's no need to keep it. You CAN keep it, but by default it will go away soon enough. No bulky servers to periodically clean to purge files that were meant to be shared, reviewed, and discarded.

Cons

The mark-up tool, where you can annotate uploaded files, could probably be improve a bit more in terms of options and ease of annotating. It's a very helpful part of the software, so improvements to this are would make a good idea even better.

I cannot speak highly enough about this tool; I've been using this since right after launch!

Easy sharing of files and metrics about when and how often a share was viewed.

Pros

Ease of use, hands down. I need to share a link with a colleague or friend then I just drag and drop onto the taskbar icon or use a handy keyboard shortcut. Another nifty feature is the ability to create Self Destructing shares, I don't feel like the security is an issue but sometimes the piece of mind is worth it's weight in gold.

Cons

Honestly, the upgrade process used to be a bit clunky in the earlier versions, however, since that has been reworked I cannot find any flaws.

I would be lost without this application for sharing stuff everything with workmates.

Pros

Being able to drag multiple files to the icon and have them automatically zip and upload. Being able to create GIFs. General image sharing.

Cons

The annotations editor is still glitchy a lot of the time. Recording screencasts/GIFs can be clunky. An option to have video with audio removed would be handy. It would be really useful to easily create image/video "collections" on one page that could be shared with a link. Searching/categorising in the application could be improved, it's hard to find things a lot of the time.

Wow! Just what we needed!

Saves a lot of time in writing explanations. Much easier to show someone than explain it to them. If a picture is worth a thousand words, just think how valuable a video is.

Pros

Ridiculously simple! I love the self-destruct since it saves so much time in having to clean out old uploads. The annotation tool makes editing before uploading a breeze. I have used multiple tools such as Jing and SnagIt, but this one was the simplest to use.

Cons

It has more to do with my Internet connection than the tool, but I wish there was a resume function for when a larger uploads break. When I do longer screencasts, rarely there may be sometimes the upload fails and then we have to restart with a fresh upload.

Fantastic Screenshot & sharing tool with very unfortunate poor customer support

Overall I can highly suggest Droplr, but only if you do not need a fully white-labeled solution for sharing screenshots, files etc.

Pros

The tool itself is fantastic, you can easily share screenshots, edit them, autodelete them, give them a password and different visibilty status and all in a top notch fashion. The plattform is very fast, reliable and has a pretty clean UI. There aren't many areas where I can see improvement (other than my cons), if you compare to other solutions out there you won't find anything better and not for the same price.

Cons

I must say I have nevery experiences worse customer support in the first couple of days after purchasing. Good thing they improved and my last inquiries had been answered in an acceptable timley way. Also the custom domain set up is not up to date. Unfortunately you have to sign up for cloudflare (free works, too) in order to use SSL for your custom domain. I hope they will provide that service internally without the hassle for that (and also users that don't want there root domain being set up with cloudflare).

Saving Tons of Time With This Amazing Tool

It is saving our time, our team became more productive. Fewer emails since we started using this tool.

Pros

We just started using Droplr and we loved so much that we stopped using CloudApp. Droplr is so easy and convenient to use. They have a desktop app and a browser extension, taking screenshots and writing notes is a breeze. Thanks for building such an amazing tool. Droplr is very affordable. Our teams are saving a lot of time using Droplr. We can also generate self destruct links which is amazing.

Cons

Somethings I personally felt that Desktop app is a bit slow, apart from that I do not see any cons as of now.

So great for prototypes

Pros

I loved sending screen shots to people for some feedback on different graphics I've created. I love how when you take a screen shot, it automatically creates a link for it and copies it to your clipboard. I think it's genius how easy it is to share

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't open when you login to your computer, and also the free version can be quite a tease! I would love some functionality still with the free version.

Cheap and powerful tool for taking screenshots and editing them quickly.

Quick, fast, efficient, and non-cluttering screen shot tool. It's a real delight to use, and I'd be lost without it now.

Pros

It's a wonderful tool for quickly taking snapshots and marking them up, rather than taking a SS, importing to Photoshop, and dealing with layers. Sometimes efficiency is key - and Droplr makes this process much smoother. Also, the fact that it can keep your files in it's cloud storage frees up HD space on my computer. Or more specifically, more clutter that you don't have to trash later. It's a great tool for individuals involved in making tutorials (such as myself) that require quick SS links.

Cons

Seems a bit pricey for what it is compared to SnagIt, but since work pays for it I don't focus on this as much.

Integral to my daily workflow

Pros

I love how easy Droplr is. I've used Droplr since its initial launch, yers ago. I've tried other products through the years but this is the best yet. No frills, or bulky or clunky unnecessary features. Improved perfectly through the years.

Cons

None than I've encountered! Understandably that new features can be added to make the experience better but there is nothing negative that makes the experience bad.

Droplr is an amazing service that enables me to provide my clients with prototypes and proofs.

Ease of communication with clients

Pros

Ease of use and wide applicability are two of the best features of this service. Recent upgrades make it one of the best ways to share graphic information with clients.

Cons

It is difficult to imagine how Droplr can be improved other than by expanding the range of applications it can reach via APIs. I wish there were a way to send directly and easily to long-term storage such as AWS

Can't Work Without It!

Customer support and just getting things done quicker by using screenshots, videos, and animated gifs.

Pros

Love Droplr and have been a customer for a few years now. Before I used screencast, but Droplr blows this away! It does animated gif which are awesome, videos, and of course screenshots.

Cons

The arrows when using the app are a different style then when you edit it on the web. Please make the arrows the better web version!

Droplr has become from an extra application to one of the main ones in my work

I've been using Droplr for years and I've become used to the workflow of the app. Today being the main in my office.

Pros

I like the ease of sharing files and having a database of my files delivery. And the various options of screenshots of my work.

Cons

Clients told me, on some platforms the videos links are not played directly in the browser. And sometimes there are errors when uploading files, but they are very few.