Droplr Logo

Droplr

Collaboration tool for remote workers & distributed teams

Droplr Reviews

4.5

How would you rate Droplr?

Pros

The download speeds are great, and most functionality is as well. Way cheaper as well, and super useful if you're some sort of manager (for instructing people).

LH

Lucas H.

Super easy to use in the Chrome Browser, I like the wee picture-in-picture option and I love how quickly the system optimizes the video and send me back the shareable link.

DG

David G.

I love how I can put my boards to public or private. I need to constantly do this, so I love how I can be in control of this option.

HS

Hanah S.

Cons

Sometimes after recording video does not get uploaded to droplr. After snaping and opening images in markup editor and saving it will cause a blurry and bad effect on image quality.

TB

Tuhin B.

Their Lack of Zapier access. Updates are not as frequent as some of their competitors.

DC

Dave C.

Buggy (many times I record to find out that screen recording crashed in the middle OR when done video, software gets stuck at uploading).

Solid File sharing tool that could be better

Transcript

Dave: Hi, my name is Dave. I'm a director for a design agency, and today I'll be reviewing Droplr, which...

Very handy app to share information with my colleagues.

Pros

The ease to use is impressive. I got used to the shortcuts and within seconds you have your file uploaded and you can edit it, write on it, etc.

Cons

It happened to me a while ago that I deleted my files from my local Droplr app and it didn't sync back with my web account. So I still could see the files I've deleted before. I think this issue was addressed and fixed though.

I give it 5 stars across the board because Droplr deserves it.

It's about ease, speed and clarity... you got all 3.

Pros

I use it everyday, it has made communicating anything I have an issue with that is a digital image very easy. When all I have to do is point an arrow, or draw a circle, and then give my commentary next to it... how much more efficient and clear can it be?

Cons

My only issues where with limited colors

I love Droplr!

Can transfer, share, store, organize, sync, backup ANY/EVERY file i need to (which i do daily). Plus all the extra, new features (which they keep adding more) just give you added benefits and functionality. Awesome product!

Pros

Droplr solves EVERY "file too big" and "not enough storage" problem i've ever encounter. Also, Lifetime account was best deal i've ever been lucky enough to nab.

Reliable, convenient and effective

It allows us to archive every form of document including news pages. Over time news websites lose their articles and we see the importance of keeping them. It also allows us to archive software our software files.

Pros

We like many things about it but the function which takes screenshots of webpages and stores them as a droplr link is outstanding. We use it to back up news items.

Cons

Super simple, well designed, file sharing.

Pros

Desktop shortcuts, accompanying mobile app, basic password protection, viewers count, and short URLs are great features. The support provided by Droplr is also first class.

Cons

Good for Capturing Screenshots - annotate and Screen Recording.

my overall experiences with droplr is quiet good but they should do survery in users that waht minor features they think is missing and like this they can make developmet user s driven.

Pros

I like most is Screen recording in GIF with Desktop App, and with face in chrome extension with ability to save to desktop.

Cons

What i like least is while recording screen with chrome extension, web cam only be in a small size and cant be switched for full screen cam in between. usually what we need is both.

Handy Screenshot sharing tool

Pros

I like that this allows me to take a screenshot and share a url really quickly. Also enjoy that we can create gifs and screencasts as well with it

Cons

Sometimes it jams up and the quality of the recording is very fuzzy, I've also found whenever doing video clips/recordings, it can cause your computer to overheat in some cases

Droplr is well designed and easy to use, makes sharing screenshots and links super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive design, great support, and it's updated regularly with new features and enhancements. I also love the iOS apps as well as the website which lets me access my drops anytime, anywhere. Also great for teams that need to share screenshots and screencasts quickly and easily.

Cons

Not much, but would like the ability to do a timed capture so I can show interactive elements in software. But otherwise, not much not too like about Droplr - simply works.

Just FANTASTIC

Pros

Super fast to use, became a second nature! Droplr is the easiest way to share visual ideas, explain thoughts and show annotated screenshots.

Solid File sharing tool that could be better

Overall i’m satisfied with their product, but I decided to switch Cloudapp because they offer Zapier access and the updates are more frequent.

Pros

I have been a long time Droplr customer. Its a great service if you need to share large files. I also like that you can add quickly share screenshots with your notes on them. This is very handy if you are trying to explain something to a client online. Their price is very affordable as well.

Cons

I think a few things could be improved including: - their Lack of Zapier access - updates are not as frequent as some of their competitors. - I have had issues (as well as others I know) logging in via their mac app.

Useful tool with good value, but editing tools are a bit clunky

Pros

I use it every day and it gets the job done of generating links to post to Slack.

Cons

The biggest gripe I have is the annotation tool. I've tried both desktop and web, and both are very clunky. I can't easily format text box size or edit font size, let alone go back and edit graphics.

It does the job very well. A must have to share with coworkers ideas, bugs...

Pros

- Fast sharing images. - Annotated text in images. - Obfuscate some part of the image. - Self destruct links.

LOVE Droplr!

Version 5.0 initially launched with a few bugs that have since been resolved entirely.

Pros

Super easy and intuitive graphical user interface; great all-in-one productivity/collaboration/communication tool; Version 5.0 is really cool too - love the new launch screen.

Cons

Was looking for a tool to help me with documentation. Found Droplr got up to speed quickly!

Get the benefit of a convenient way to permanently host images that I can easily get into place to use through a shortened url. All this without me having to do any heavy lifting. I also really love the ability to size images by annotating the URL.

Pros

I like the integration with the browsers and desktop to make it fairly seamless to use. It allows me to resize the images so that they are easy to use right from the link inside my documentation. When I reach out for help, the team is quite quick to respond, which makes things much easier.

Cons

I think the thing I like least is the polish. There are a lot of rough edges and things that are simple and missing. Funny enough I wish the annotation was even more like skitch's, because they made it close, so I find the differences even more obvious.

Simple Tools to Capture and Share Your Computer Screen

Pros

You can capture your screen as still images, GIF, and videos. The share link is available instantly. You can also edit the result before sharing.

Cons

Users can’t set the capture area to use in multiple captures.

The best app in the world!

More time for work! A little bit Windows app but step by step and i think will be ok.

Pros

Droplr is simple, cheap and pretty cool. I use Droplr from about one year. I can't imagine my work without this app. Great job guys!

Cons

It has never been so easy for me to share media

Droplr gives the impression of being a small software, that's how it works, but there is much more.

Pros

Since I used Droplr, my workflow has improved a lot. I can quickly and even if there are large files, share it to my customers. I get quick feedback and can continue working right away. The possibility of including your own domain or subdomain brings a little more professionalism. I really like it!

Cons

It would be good if there would be a better iOS app. Likewise, it would be good if there was the function that you could share a public link where customers could upload something and this would appear on their own Droplr account. Thus, customers could also simply share or provide media to one.

So easy to use, great for taking a quick snap shot of a page or simple to share docs and files...

Easy to share large files and do quick screen snaps

Pros

Easy to access, customize the file sharing page with your own logo. Quick, easy to use, totally love it. The team is constantly upgrading and developing the product.

Cons

Sometimes when I start my computer the login page comes up blank and I need to login in via the hompage again.

Badly Designed Software

sharing instructional videos with clients and students

Pros

Just recorded a long screencast and the screencast is gone! Can you believe it that a file upload app like this does not have a temp folder? it does not have an upload resume feature, it also does not have a failed uploads folder. if for any reason the app closes to fails to upload "which can happen" your upload/screencast is GONE! Never experienced such badly designed software. Should my content not be protected and safeguarded until it is made shareable? The answer is NO with droplr.

Cons

No Failed uploads folder No Upload Resume feature No Temporary local uploads folders

Overall, it's a pretty nifty tool to have. I use it everyday at my work.

Pros

It's straightforward and easy to use. I actually like the "Draw" feature and I think the "Note" feature comes in handy.

Cons

As of late, the drops would appear broken despite a successful upload. It will take a few refresh before it works. Extend the Draw feature such as an Eraser tool

Very Buggy, Very Poor Support

I purchased this tool. I liked everything it did (and does) feature wise. I immediately started having issues with features and tools not working. Support was consistently disorganized and incompetent in responding to my requests. I don't like saying that, but there is no other accurate way to describe it. I have been communicating on and off back and forth for many months since purchasing this...

Pros

The idea. The features are really cool. Branded URL for Screenshots, Screencasts, and File Sharing. Clipping Tools, Video Screencast Tools. Ability to mark up your screenshots.

Cons

Consistently buggy. It is very normal for various features to have bugs up to and including not working at all.

Droplr: easily capture screenshots and make screen recordings

With Droplr, I can capture screenshots and screen recordings easily on both my computer and phone. I may upload the captured images and videos to the company's own servers and then share them with my family and colleagues. Droplr is a paid service.

Pros

For me, Droplr has the following advantages: 1. It handles both images and videos. Dropls allows me to capture both screenshots and screen recordings, eliminating the need to install a second tool. 2. It hosts the captured images and videos. I can upload the captured screenshot or screen recording to Droplr's own servers, so that it's safely backed-up online and everyone I share the file with can download it at any time. 3. It integrates with several popular tools. Droplr offers nice integration features with tools like Slack, Trello, among others. 4. It offers an enterprise plan. Droplr has a more robust plan geared towards enterprise users with more demanding needs; it offers features like more storage space and an online dashboard.

Cons

In my opinion, Droplr has two main disadvantages: 1. It doesn't work on Android. Droplr doesn't have a version of their app for Android phones, which may hinder their adoption for many companies. 2. It's not free. Although Droplr is not expensive, there are free alternatives that offer similar functionality.

Easy to share files with clients

Droplr has saved me so much time by making it super easy for my clients to download my final deliverables. I give them a link, they download, and the Droplr expires the link automatically, and I'm good to go!

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload a file and then link it out to a client for their download. It has become my go-to way to share videos easily with clients.

Cons

I don't like that I can't record my screen and webcam at the same time, but I am sure this will be coming in the future.

Rock solid file sharing with built-in link shortener

Pros

I use Droplr to share all sorts of content from pictures and videos to software and website links. Everything comes from a vanity domain that I own with a branded landing page.

Cons

Sometimes the macOS application will crash and make me login all over again.

Droplr integrates seamlessly into my workflow, making screenshot sharing as simple as sending a URL.

Pros

I love how Droplr works completely in the cloud, allowing me to share files via URL. In the past, my desktop would always end up cluttered with screenshot image files that I had taken to share. Now when I share screenshots they don't take up any space at all on my hard drive or desktop.

Cons

I've encountered some bugs when using the screencast feature at times, but it seems those have been worked out in the latest update.