Droplr Reviews

4.53/5 (88 reviews)

Maxim Leonovich

Droplr has been my default screenshot app for over 5 years

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Pros
Very simple workflow: you press a shortcut, select an area on the screen and get a link in your clipboard. Or, if you want, you press another shortcut and draw extra info on your screenshot. A lot of my friends are using Dropbox for this, but I hate how heavy is the dropbox web page when you click the link. I think it even tries to convince you to install the Dropbox app, which is extremely annoying. Also, love the screencast feature, use it all the time.

Cons
It feels like the app became a bit more buggy in recent days. In particular, uploading a screencast sometimes crashes the app, and there are few annoying bugs in the drawing editor.

Rick Powell

Amazing screenshot tool with powerful integrations

Reviewed 2019-04-08

I was pleasantly surprised by the new version of droplr. Drag and drop integration with major productivity apps is not only a killer feature, it's also fun to do! Anyone who regularly needs to annotate and share screenshots should check out droplr first.

Pros
I've been using the free version of droplr for years but not consistently. I got an email encouraging me to check out the new version and was glad I did. The integrations provided with the Mac desktop app are for me the biggest selling point since there's really nothing special about the screenshot and annotation tools which can be found in many Chrome extensions and in other apps. (None of them are quite as pretty as Droplr, however.) As a hobby, I write film reviews and often need screengrabs or official stills for whatever film I'm writing about. I used to use Google Keep to store images that could then be easily imported into Google Docs, my primary writing tool. Droplr allows me to take a screenshot, switch to Google Docs, and then drag and drop directly from the app's toolbar menu. Amazing! So convenient. This drag and drop functionality works in Gmail, as well, which is also useful. The Pro version is also reasonably priced.

Cons
The new version of Droplr is quite a bit slower when scrolling in the web app. The old version used to allows direct sharing to Twitter and other social networks. There is no sharing option now. Perhaps that functionality will be added later. Drops in free version are automatically deleted after 30 days. Legacy users/early adopters aren't eligible for a free pro trial of the new version. This seems kind of mean to me.

Mike Rogne

Overall a very good product, but would love to see some additional features.

Reviewed 2019-03-08

If you're a CLI kind of person, I have published a "droplr-cli" app here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/droplr-cli

Pros
It's a simple app that does what it's supposed to well -- take screenshots & makes them easily accessible via web. The built-in screen recording works very well, including recording audio with it. I use these two features very frequently for work-related tasks and it's definitely not something I'm willing to live without now!

Cons
One feature that is missing that I'd *really* like to see is the ability to fine-tune a screenshot after the fact. For example, I might take a screenshot and realize I want to crop it slightly to cut out some content. This functionality does not currently exist. I'd also like the ability to take a screenshot, make annotations, etc and copy the contents directly to my clipboard (actual image data) rather than being forced to either save to disk or upload to droplr.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Dave C

Solid File sharing tool that could be better

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Overall i’m satisfied with their product, but I decided to switch Cloudapp because they offer Zapier access and the updates are more frequent.

Pros
I have been a long time Droplr customer. Its a great service if you need to share large files. I also like that you can add quickly share screenshots with your notes on them. This is very handy if you are trying to explain something to a client online. Their price is very affordable as well.

Cons
I think a few things could be improved including: - their Lack of Zapier access - updates are not as frequent as some of their competitors. - I have had issues (as well as others I know) logging in via their mac app.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Luis PW

Great way to share screenshots, recordings and files!

Reviewed 2019-07-31

I'm extremely happy with this app, but there's ONE thing that it doesn't do that I REALLY need: copying the file into my clipboard right after taking the screenshot/recording. Hope they implement it soon!

Pros
Droplr is a great tool to share screenshots, screen recordings and files almost instantly. I love how easy it is to set up and share stuff with other people. Since I have it, I'm using CloudApp much less, as its interface is better and it offers a much better functionality to organise files online.

Cons
The only thing I'm missing in Droplr (which I do have in CloudApp) is the ability to send a screenshot or recording straight to my clipboard instead of copying the link. I sometimes need this functionality more often than the link sharing, so that's the only reason I haven't ditched CloudApp.

Droplr became my go-to 1-1 individual video greeting tool

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Overall, Droplr has become part of my normal workflow. I share pictures and files regularly and best of all, I can depend on it. File-sizes can be huge. This is a boon for me, as it comes with a video player; I found no easier way to share my files and videos to date! Thanks, team!

Pros
I like the most that it's cross-platform and that it practically functions as a video-sharing tool for me as well. I often send video-greetings to people and have started using it to send these. It saves me a lot of space on my hard drive. I also like that I can link my own domain.

Cons
The ios app and laptop apps are a bit inconsistent. so far I have found no way to send a link to a file with the password included on the ios app in one step; this works automatically like this on the mac app.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Chad Schaub

So great for prototypes

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Pros
I loved sending screen shots to people for some feedback on different graphics I've created. I love how when you take a screen shot, it automatically creates a link for it and copies it to your clipboard. I think it's genius how easy it is to share

Cons
Sometimes it doesn't open when you login to your computer, and also the free version can be quite a tease! I would love some functionality still with the free version.

Ram Reddy

Saving Tons of Time With This Amazing Tool

Reviewed 2019-05-30

It is saving our time, our team became more productive. Fewer emails since we started using this tool.

Pros
We just started using Droplr and we loved so much that we stopped using CloudApp. Droplr is so easy and convenient to use. They have a desktop app and a browser extension, taking screenshots and writing notes is a breeze. Thanks for building such an amazing tool. Droplr is very affordable. Our teams are saving a lot of time using Droplr. We can also generate self destruct links which is amazing.

Cons
Somethings I personally felt that Desktop app is a bit slow, apart from that I do not see any cons as of now.

Christopher Fitzgerald

Cheap and powerful tool for taking screenshots and editing them quickly.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Quick, fast, efficient, and non-cluttering screen shot tool. It's a real delight to use, and I'd be lost without it now.

Pros
It's a wonderful tool for quickly taking snapshots and marking them up, rather than taking a SS, importing to Photoshop, and dealing with layers. Sometimes efficiency is key - and Droplr makes this process much smoother. Also, the fact that it can keep your files in it's cloud storage frees up HD space on my computer. Or more specifically, more clutter that you don't have to trash later. It's a great tool for individuals involved in making tutorials (such as myself) that require quick SS links.

Cons
Seems a bit pricey for what it is compared to SnagIt, but since work pays for it I don't focus on this as much.

Camille Ang

I use droplr to share files to my clients - It is a part of my business flow.

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Pros
I had been using their free plan for years, until recently have to switch to their pro plan as the free plan was limited for my business use. It is a part of my business flow creating screenshots, adding annotations, and sending files to clients. Serves as a backup file storage for my business too. Oh and a +1 for custom branding.

Cons
No Paypal payment option - Credit cards done via Stripe.

Joshua Seldman

Take it from a CEO, this doubled our companies productivity and collaboration. It's a must!

Reviewed 2016-12-29

I will start by sharing that droplr is considered as essential to our business as is email or calendar invites. We could not do our jobs without it. It was impossible before to have these different groups share ideas effectively as we are both remote and meetings were very difficult to get across ideas and "speak the same language" for our content creators and sales teams to share ideas with design teams and then translate for the developers. It took us days with meetings, whiteboard sessions, and hundreds of emails, slack chats, etc to do what now is done in minutes. That is literal. We now go from the idea (captured with a drop screen shot) from one of our creators who annotates it easily with drawing, arrows, and text, and then sends it by slack or text instantly as it is already copied on their clipboard to a design team and developers to get thoughts. They comment back and send their own drops with screenshots, etc to GET THE POINT ACROSS IN IMAGES AND ANNOTATIONS rather than writing it out or talking on the phone. Pictures speak more than 1000 words with droplr. Literally. Sharing ideas as drops lets us go so quickly to execution, it is amazing. We track the productivity of our design and developers and it has gone up over 5x. We also survey our content creators to see how their experience is and they are now "excited" to share ideas...before it was hard for them and not enjoyable because so tedious and their points never got across. The other huge advantage and why it added a new dimension to our innovation and speed is that now with droplr our teams can capture and share anything, anytime, anywhere..as they can grab it in 2 seconds from the desktop or mobile app and its saved as a note taker almost. Like evernote. So the team is now creating so many new ideas from all over the web. It captures every idea now. Previously if we wanted to share an idea or a thought or a design or a file we would have to take the time to write it up, screen shot it, create a document, and then save, attached somewhere and then send it to a person in email. Now its done in seconds.

Pros
It was impossible before to have our different teams (sales, design, development) share ideas effectively as we are both remote and meetings were very difficult to get across ideas and "speak the same language" for our content creators and sales teams to share ideas with design teams and then translate for the developers. It took us days with meetings, whiteboard sessions, and hundreds of emails, slack chats, etc to do what now is done in minutes. That is literal. We now go from idea (captured with a drop screen shot) from one of our creators who annotates it easily with drawing, arrows and text, and then sends it by slack or text instantly as it is already copied on their clipboard to a design team and developers to get thoughts. They comment back and send their own drops with screen shots, etc to GET THE POINT ACROSS IN IMAGES AND ANNOTATIONS rather than writing it out or talking on the phone. Pictures speak more than 1000 words with droplr. Literally. Sharing ideas as drops lets us go so quickly to execution, it is amazing. We track the productivity of our design and developers and it has gone up over 5x. We also survey our content creators to see how their experience is and they are now "excited" to share ideas...before it was hard for them and not enjoyable because so tedious and their points never got across.

Cons
The tagging works well but I wish we could organize drops into custom groups as well

Response from Droplr

Thanks Joshua for the great review! We have shared tagging coming mid-January so keep your eyes open for that. You will be able to organize tags and share them amongst groups!

Anonymous

My experience with Droplr has been good. It's a convenient way to share files.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Pros
Pretty much how they promote it is accurate... it's allows you to share files easily and conveniently, and the file will be removed from their servers after an allotted amount of time. In both work and play, many times I'll need to share something as almost a temporary measure: "Look at this screenshot." It's not something that needs to be kept forever. Usually after the client sees it, we discuss it, and move on with the project. There's no need to keep it. You CAN keep it, but by default it will go away soon enough. No bulky servers to periodically clean to purge files that were meant to be shared, reviewed, and discarded.

Cons
The mark-up tool, where you can annotate uploaded files, could probably be improve a bit more in terms of options and ease of annotating. It's a very helpful part of the software, so improvements to this are would make a good idea even better.

Jack Keller

I cannot speak highly enough about this tool; I've been using this since right after launch!

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Easy sharing of files and metrics about when and how often a share was viewed.

Pros
Ease of use, hands down. I need to share a link with a colleague or friend then I just drag and drop onto the taskbar icon or use a handy keyboard shortcut. Another nifty feature is the ability to create Self Destructing shares, I don't feel like the security is an issue but sometimes the piece of mind is worth it's weight in gold.

Cons
Honestly, the upgrade process used to be a bit clunky in the earlier versions, however, since that has been reworked I cannot find any flaws.

Matthew Kingham

I would be lost without this application for sharing stuff everything with workmates.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Pros
Being able to drag multiple files to the icon and have them automatically zip and upload. Being able to create GIFs. General image sharing.

Cons
The annotations editor is still glitchy a lot of the time. Recording screencasts/GIFs can be clunky. An option to have video with audio removed would be handy. It would be really useful to easily create image/video "collections" on one page that could be shared with a link. Searching/categorising in the application could be improved, it's hard to find things a lot of the time.

Kristofer Jurski

Wow! Just what we needed!

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Saves a lot of time in writing explanations. Much easier to show someone than explain it to them. If a picture is worth a thousand words, just think how valuable a video is.

Pros
Ridiculously simple! I love the self-destruct since it saves so much time in having to clean out old uploads. The annotation tool makes editing before uploading a breeze. I have used multiple tools such as Jing and SnagIt, but this one was the simplest to use.

Cons
It has more to do with my Internet connection than the tool, but I wish there was a resume function for when a larger uploads break. When I do longer screencasts, rarely there may be sometimes the upload fails and then we have to restart with a fresh upload.

Daniel Weimann

Fantastic Screenshot & sharing tool with very unfortunate poor customer support

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Overall I can highly suggest Droplr, but only if you do not need a fully white-labeled solution for sharing screenshots, files etc.

Pros
The tool itself is fantastic, you can easily share screenshots, edit them, autodelete them, give them a password and different visibilty status and all in a top notch fashion. The plattform is very fast, reliable and has a pretty clean UI. There aren't many areas where I can see improvement (other than my cons), if you compare to other solutions out there you won't find anything better and not for the same price.

Cons
I must say I have nevery experiences worse customer support in the first couple of days after purchasing. Good thing they improved and my last inquiries had been answered in an acceptable timley way. Also the custom domain set up is not up to date. Unfortunately you have to sign up for cloudflare (free works, too) in order to use SSL for your custom domain. I hope they will provide that service internally without the hassle for that (and also users that don't want there root domain being set up with cloudflare).

Rina Miele

Integral to my daily workflow

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Pros
I love how easy Droplr is. I've used Droplr since its initial launch, yers ago. I've tried other products through the years but this is the best yet. No frills, or bulky or clunky unnecessary features. Improved perfectly through the years.

Cons
None than I've encountered! Understandably that new features can be added to make the experience better but there is nothing negative that makes the experience bad.

Charles Puglisi

Droplr is an amazing service that enables me to provide my clients with prototypes and proofs.

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Ease of communication with clients

Pros
Ease of use and wide applicability are two of the best features of this service. Recent upgrades make it one of the best ways to share graphic information with clients.

Cons
It is difficult to imagine how Droplr can be improved other than by expanding the range of applications it can reach via APIs. I wish there were a way to send directly and easily to long-term storage such as AWS

Chris Brisson

Can't Work Without It!

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Customer support and just getting things done quicker by using screenshots, videos, and animated gifs.

Pros
Love Droplr and have been a customer for a few years now. Before I used screencast, but Droplr blows this away! It does animated gif which are awesome, videos, and of course screenshots.

Cons
The arrows when using the app are a different style then when you edit it on the web. Please make the arrows the better web version!

Anonymous

Droplr has become from an extra application to one of the main ones in my work

Reviewed 2018-02-28

I've been using Droplr for years and I've become used to the workflow of the app. Today being the main in my office.

Pros
I like the ease of sharing files and having a database of my files delivery. And the various options of screenshots of my work.

Cons
Clients told me, on some platforms the videos links are not played directly in the browser. And sometimes there are errors when uploading files, but they are very few.

My top utility tool - convenient, powerful, effective & delightful

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Pros
Droplr is so easy to use that it has become a seamless tool in my daily workflow. Whether creating a simple screenshot, annotating/redacting images, or sharing files, one key-combo does it all. Quick & powerful.

Cons
Very occasionally I will have to restart the application from the top toolbar after freezing/seizing up. No big deal. I really love Droplr.

Kat Kavanagh

I use this every day to share screenshots and workflows!

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Pros
It's simple, all I have to do is one of two key commands. Plus I like their new features where you can draw arrows to point to things. As a designer, I can SHOW people what I mean, and that means things like bug testing are so much simpler.

Cons
It used to crash on my computer, and then I'd have to relaunch it.... but it seems stable now. I love it.

Jonathan Christopher

I've been using Droplr for years, it's become a transparent part of my daily work (a good thing!)

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
Super happy to have the ability to use images locally by dragging them off the Droplr window! Been waiting for that feature for a long time, so glad to have it!

Cons
When you click the shape annotation tools it shows you a dropdown instead of a long click to change the tool. I always use the rectangle so having to choose it every time is a bit cumbersome.

Johnny Amarantos

Droplr is a lightweight & incredibly handy tool for daily communication

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Helps me communicate easier with coworkers and clients on a day-to-day basis.

Pros
Love the tagging function and the Mac applet is very handy so you don't have to switch to your browser every time. Customer support has been great whenever something comes up. Seems to be in constant development. Overall a really handy service for quick screenshot, annotation, screencast sharing and simple communication!

Cons
Although good, the app needs some improvement: - Ability to customize the tools at the top of the menu bar applet - Editing items in the Mac app window instead of browser - Better screencast functionality, like editing the recording area size, position, controls, etc

Will D.

Solid app experience with many useful features

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Pros
I like that it's easy to quickly capture and annotate screenshots, upload files, create notes and create record screencasts.

Cons
Some of the recent app updates are a little rough around the edges... the code snippet utility was very useful before is now not mapped to a shortcut, and the interface isn't as intuitive for that type of upload as it once was.