Droplr Logo

Droplr

Collaboration tool for remote workers & distributed teams

Droplr Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.95/10

Reviews by rating

The download speeds are great, and most functionality is as well. Way cheaper as well, and super useful if you're some sort of manager (for instructing people).
Super easy to use in the Chrome Browser, I like the wee picture-in-picture option and I love how quickly the system optimizes the video and send me back the shareable link.
I love how I can put my boards to public or private. I need to constantly do this, so I love how I can be in control of this option.
Sometimes after recording video does not get uploaded to droplr. After snaping and opening images in markup editor and saving it will cause a blurry and bad effect on image quality.
Their Lack of Zapier access. Updates are not as frequent as some of their competitors.
Buggy (many times I record to find out that screen recording crashed in the middle OR when done video, software gets stuck at uploading).

DC

Dave C.

Director

Design, 1-10 employees

Solid File sharing tool that could be better

Transcript

Dave: Hi, my name is Dave. I'm a director for a design agency, and today I'll be reviewing Droplr, which...

Darrien W.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Honest, trustworthy group of people who care for your files.

Ease of use. It made uploading files easier than before. It made my whole workflow almost seem seamless (no pun intended).

Pros

Has an OS X menubar icon and easy functionality. Works when I need it to, and flows well with my workflow. I don't have to leave an app to open this one - it simply exists in my menubar and copies directly to my clipboard.

Cons

It seems to ever-so-slighty be getting paywalled. When I first used it, the free tier was enough, now the free tier is almost as good as gone. There's no benefit to pay for something like this when competitors offer more with a few more obstacles to overcome.

My experience with Droplr has been good. It's a convenient way to share files.

Pros

Pretty much how they promote it is accurate... it's allows you to share files easily and conveniently, and the file will be removed from their servers after an allotted amount of time. In both work and play, many times I'll need to share something as almost a temporary measure: "Look at this screenshot." It's not something that needs to be kept forever. Usually after the client sees it, we discuss it, and move on with the project. There's no need to keep it. You CAN keep it, but by default it will go away soon enough. No bulky servers to periodically clean to purge files that were meant to be shared, reviewed, and discarded.

Cons

The mark-up tool, where you can annotate uploaded files, could probably be improve a bit more in terms of options and ease of annotating. It's a very helpful part of the software, so improvements to this are would make a good idea even better.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Very Buggy, Very Poor Support

I purchased this tool. I liked everything it did (and does) feature wise. I immediately started having issues with features and tools not working. Support was consistently disorganized and incompetent in responding to my requests. I don't like saying that, but there is no other accurate way to describe it. I have been communicating on and off back and forth for many months since purchasing this...

Pros

The idea. The features are really cool. Branded URL for Screenshots, Screencasts, and File Sharing. Clipping Tools, Video Screencast Tools. Ability to mark up your screenshots.

Cons

Consistently buggy. It is very normal for various features to have bugs up to and including not working at all.

SB

Sue B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Fast uploading, sharing, screen recording & screenshots

Sharing short links in emails instead of attaching documents is better in many ways. A link to a document is safer and faster to access; you don't have to worry about remembering to attach a document; recipients don't have to worry about problems with downloading or losing a document; attachments are safely stored in the cloud; documents are presented on a clean, custom branded page. Another great...

Pros

The ease and speed of uploading a file, getting an instant short link and sharing it safely with anyone anywhere.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind that's missing. Droplr is one of those apps that works so well and is so intuitive to use, you don't even think about it.

Droplr has become from an extra application to one of the main ones in my work

I've been using Droplr for years and I've become used to the workflow of the app. Today being the main in my office.

Pros

I like the ease of sharing files and having a database of my files delivery. And the various options of screenshots of my work.

Cons

Clients told me, on some platforms the videos links are not played directly in the browser. And sometimes there are errors when uploading files, but they are very few.

My top utility tool - convenient, powerful, effective & delightful

Pros

Droplr is so easy to use that it has become a seamless tool in my daily workflow. Whether creating a simple screenshot, annotating/redacting images, or sharing files, one key-combo does it all. Quick & powerful.

Cons

Very occasionally I will have to restart the application from the top toolbar after freezing/seizing up. No big deal. I really love Droplr.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

I like software that I do not have to think about how to use, and that simply works.

saving time.

Pros

Ease of use. Just drop it on the icon and everything is taken care of. It's simply one action, and the download link is automatically copied to the clipboard. The rest is all email. In fact, I do not even think how to use it, and that sets it apart to many other software products I have to use on a daily basis.

Timesaver

Pros

The easiness to use is the best part. And it saves a lot of time every single day in our team and have done that from day 1.

Cons

To be honest its hard to find any issues with Droplr. Maybe the challenge that the urls that you share are blocked in some firewalls.

Graphic Design,

Very easy to use, great file collaboration tool

Pros

Simplicity is crucial, it's user-friendly, easy accessible via top toolbar/status menu on my computer (mac)

Cons

I would like to be able to send multiple files at once, which would remain single files - and not zipped together in "Archive_on_... .zip"

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Simple and Effective Screenshot tool

Pros

1) Droplr is very user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for anyone to share screenshots and files2) Helps to create annotations on screenshots captured and quickly share with anyone using a URL

Cons

Droplr does not have a free plan to get started as its competitors offer.

TB

Tuhin B.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees

Not Best But Also Not Worst One

Even though theres so many cons on droplr but I still prefer to using it just because I paid only once and that is a great deal. I use it often to make videos for my clients and sharing important files with team and project works. Its not the best but its also not the worst one. So I am still happy user of it and hopefully Droplr Team will make more improvements to this app and give more attention to its UI and UX.

Pros

1. Lifetime membership access as I got it on a deal! 2. Unlimited Spaces 3. Quick Draw and Snippets tool! 4. Easy Video Recording and sharing. 5. White Label Option!

Cons

1. Very Buggy Desktop App with No UI Window At All. Just a system tray. 2. By Default App System Tray Stays Disconnected, You have to click right mouse button and click again after a while to see you being logged in. 3. No options to set resolutions and quality! Where competitive do much better. 4. Sometimes after recording video does not get uploaded to droplr. 5. After snaping and opening images in markup editor and saving it will cause a blurry and bad effect on image quality. 6. No inbuilt app image editor like monosnap or loom. 7. No better UX of video processing like loom. 8. No discussions board on video or who viewed when.

MK

Matthew K.

I would be lost without this application for sharing stuff everything with workmates.

Pros

Being able to drag multiple files to the icon and have them automatically zip and upload. Being able to create GIFs. General image sharing.

Cons

The annotations editor is still glitchy a lot of the time. Recording screencasts/GIFs can be clunky. An option to have video with audio removed would be handy. It would be really useful to easily create image/video "collections" on one page that could be shared with a link. Searching/categorising in the application could be improved, it's hard to find things a lot of the time.

RM

Rina M.

Integral to my daily workflow

Pros

I love how easy Droplr is. I've used Droplr since its initial launch, yers ago. I've tried other products through the years but this is the best yet. No frills, or bulky or clunky unnecessary features. Improved perfectly through the years.

Cons

None than I've encountered! Understandably that new features can be added to make the experience better but there is nothing negative that makes the experience bad.

BC

Brad C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Couldn't live with it

Great. I use it 10x a day and don't know what I would do without it.

Pros

So, easy to share images, files, links, screencasts in emails, Slacks, texting. It's makes me crazy when someone plops a 12mb image in an email.

Cons

Oh, there are a couple of tiny tweaks that would make it easier to use or be more convenient. Put nothing stands out.

WD

Will D.

Solid app experience with many useful features

Pros

I like that it's easy to quickly capture and annotate screenshots, upload files, create notes and create record screencasts.

Cons

Some of the recent app updates are a little rough around the edges... the code snippet utility was very useful before is now not mapped to a shortcut, and the interface isn't as intuitive for that type of upload as it once was.

11-50 employees

My favorite screenshot, screencast capture and sharing tool

The ability to quickly capture, annotate, and share what I see on the screen helps me communicate more effectively with my team and with customers.

Pros

Capturing screenshots and screen recordings is fast, reliable, and easy. Having the ability to organize these screenshots into groups and share the grouped shots with colleagues is a great way to share inspiration, ideas, and revisions. There are many options regarding privacy and even the ability to have a custom domain/url for sharing these images.

Cons

While the capture interface is great, the web portion can be challenging. Things like privacy controls are not well described in the interface.

RG

Richard G.

I've been a paying subscriber for many years, that says it all really!

Pros

The speed of being able to create Drops, ease of use, the ability to draw on Drops and access Drops across all my devices,

Cons

There's no shortcut in the menu to export a screenshot Drop, ie. I have to open the Drop and then right-click and save it to my desktop.

HM

Heather M.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Droplr is handy!

Pros

Droplr is great at catching screencasts and screenshots, which comes in handy for sharing an example or teaching someone something.

Cons

Sometimes Droplr can crash when starting a screencast during the screencast.

Consumer Goods,

I love Droplr!

Can transfer, share, store, organize, sync, backup ANY/EVERY file i need to (which i do daily). Plus all the extra, new features (which they keep adding more) just give you added benefits and functionality. Awesome product!

Pros

Droplr solves EVERY "file too big" and "not enough storage" problem i've ever encounter. Also, Lifetime account was best deal i've ever been lucky enough to nab.

UG

Unesh G.

Internet, self-employed

Good for Capturing Screenshots - annotate and Screen Recording.

my overall experiences with droplr is quiet good but they should do survery in users that waht minor features they think is missing and like this they can make developmet user s driven.

Pros

I like most is Screen recording in GIF with Desktop App, and with face in chrome extension with ability to save to desktop.

Cons

What i like least is while recording screen with chrome extension, web cam only be in a small size and cant be switched for full screen cam in between. usually what we need is both.

RR

Robert R.

Droplr is well designed and easy to use, makes sharing screenshots and links super easy.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive design, great support, and it's updated regularly with new features and enhancements. I also love the iOS apps as well as the website which lets me access my drops anytime, anywhere. Also great for teams that need to share screenshots and screencasts quickly and easily.

Cons

Not much, but would like the ability to do a timed capture so I can show interactive elements in software. But otherwise, not much not too like about Droplr - simply works.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Useful tool with good value, but editing tools are a bit clunky

Pros

I use it every day and it gets the job done of generating links to post to Slack.

Cons

The biggest gripe I have is the annotation tool. I've tried both desktop and web, and both are very clunky. I can't easily format text box size or edit font size, let alone go back and edit graphics.

JL

José Luis M.

It does the job very well. A must have to share with coworkers ideas, bugs...

Pros

- Fast sharing images. - Annotated text in images. - Obfuscate some part of the image. - Self destruct links.

RK

Ryan K.

LOVE Droplr!

Version 5.0 initially launched with a few bugs that have since been resolved entirely.

Pros

Super easy and intuitive graphical user interface; great all-in-one productivity/collaboration/communication tool; Version 5.0 is really cool too - love the new launch screen.

Adhi S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Simple Tools to Capture and Share Your Computer Screen

Pros

You can capture your screen as still images, GIF, and videos. The share link is available instantly. You can also edit the result before sharing.

Cons

Users can’t set the capture area to use in multiple captures.