EasyWorship Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.64/10

See full reviews by rating

All in one solution, allowing for seamless transitions between different types of media in a nice organised fashion. Support is very responsive and helpful.
It is easy to use, now has an awesome tutorial to get you started. Choir Ministrations now makes a lot of sense as people can follow along when they since not too popular songs.
This program has given the staff the ability to show a fantastic program with little effort, given us the ability to work on other events.
Sadly, it has earned the nickname Hard Worship in our church. Because it is slightly too complex, and unstable enough to regularly cause problems for non-technical people like me.
Sometimes adding videos to a presentation would give me trouble, to points where the Audio would not work. Most times I would figure it out, but sometimes I wouldnt, and it would frustrate me a bit.
Importing used to be easy - now it's a disaster buried in a mess of tiny buttons. There is also more technical support issues than there should be.

EasyWorship users...

+ 1

ProPresenter

Microsoft Power BI-logocaret

Microsoft Power BI

How would you rate EasyWorship?

Nick C.

Clinical Director

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Good if you’re good at it

Transcript

Nic: Hey, I'm Nic. I'm the music director of a faith-based organization. We used EasyWorship and I rate...

Great Beginner Product

Transcript

Eric M.: My name is Eric. I'm a pastor of a local church and I give EasyWorship a three out of five....

EasyWorship really is easy

Overall, we've enjoyed using EasyWorship. I can show someone how to run it in just a few minutes. Building schedules is a bit more complicated, but relative easy once you understand it.

Pros

It is easy to use a schedule during a service. If something is skipped in the service, it is easily skipped in EasyWorship. Most everything is drag and drop to put it in the schedule. It works well with PowerPoint and videos.

Cons

You cannot drag and drop motion background from just any folder on your computer. They have to be in a specific folder.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the feedback! You should actually be able to drag-and-drop media from anywhere on your computer directly into the EasyWorship software. When you have some free time, please contact our support team at 1-918-250-1493 to take a look at this issue with you. Fred

The name is accurate

Overall this is a very easy to use, but powerful presentation software for displaying song lyrics. It integrates with many lyric and license providers which makes adding new songs simple. The price is okay and the developer seems to work on upgrades pretty regularly. I would recommend this software to any church looking for a lyrical presentation application.

Pros

It really is easy. It's very nicely laid out and simple to learn, which makes it very easy and user friendly. The developer's have done a fantastic job in many respects and if you're looking for a presentation software for church I would highly recommend trying this one. It allows you to easily change backgrounds or to have a solid color as the background. Changing song lyrics is simple and straightforward and you have the ability to change how the lyrics look as far as font and how many words are on the screen. It's easy to re-order songs if you need to, or add and delete songs on the fly. The search feature helps find a song easily if your teams adds a song on the fly. It also has the ability to put scripture on the screen, with many different versions available.

Cons

Sometimes video with sound doesn't work well or at all and the program seems finicky about the type of video file. I've found displaying webpages hit or miss as well, but I'm not sure if that's the control or the program as I haven't done it often. There isn't much that I don't like about it.

Hi Blair, thanks for the feedback! It sounds like there may be a couple of issues that we should be able to help you correct right now. If you could contact us at 1-918-250-1493 or support@easyworship.com, I would be happy to help. Fred

LOVE LOVE love IT!

Pros

Ease of getting started, size of media and song library.

Cons

Wish the add buttons were bigger and there was an easier search option.

Hi Frances, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we take your feature request under consideration! Tech Support, Nolan

Good Price, good features but signifiant problems

I've been using this software since Dec 2014. Then, the version was "Easy Worship 2009". It was a great product at a great price. But EW redesigned the product to add more features, called it "Easy Worship 6". It was full of bugs and lacked many features many people loved in EW2009, "checking for changes" and basic "copy/paste/undo" commands. The new features of EW6 was the creation of "themes". Nice,...

Pros

1. It was the most feature-rich product for the price. Now, the product has too many bugs to consider it "reasonably priced". 2. I liked the "check for changes" options as it allows multiple people to contribute to a worship schedule. However, you have to manually start it. It used to be automatic. 3. I like how you can import PowerPoint presentations with all the basic PowerPoint controls. 4. I like how well you can mix audio, PowerPoint and EW7 created media in the same schedule.

Cons

1. Support is average. They believe the only way to solve a problem is to login to your computer and take control, not acceptable. 2. You can't export the text of anything you create in EW7. So, if you create 200+ songs in EW7 you can't port them to somewhere else. All you can do is export a list of songs or open each song and copy all the text. 3. Even after multiple releases of EW6 and EW7, PowerPoint presentations will sometimes stop working. The PP slides turn black and instead of seeing 12 separate slides, you only see 1 black slide. 4. If you resize the Application screen, EW7 will not remember how you sized the panels the next time you start it up. 5. You can run an audio travt in the background while you display a video or image file.

We have reached out to this customer and have resolved the immediate issues. We will continue to work with this customer to resolve any further issues that occur, as needed. Please direct all technical support questions and requests to support@easyworship.com so that our technical support staff can assist either over the phone or by remote support.

Our first piece of worship software from a decade ago!

Pros

We like the ease of use most. When we first switched over, we primarily had to because video backgrounds were glitchy on our old presentation software. EasyWorship brought us into the future by making motion backgrounds work flawlessly. Over time, we've also like how EasyWorship has become more like other professional software in handling things like multiple projectors, displays and easy switching between different media. That in itself should make anyone want to get EW over the others.

Cons

The subscription model makes it un-favourable. But at least the developers have taken into account the size of churches/congregations to offer variable pricing. Churches oversees don't see a lot of money coming in, so having multiple subscriptions in USD in failing economies, makes it more expensive by the year.

Easy Worship

The biggest benefit is ease of use and flexibility.

Pros

I find it easy to set up and transfer the song schedule for each week. But, also, if we want to switch to a song not on the schedule it's easy to pull up an additional song and add it. We have used Easy Worship for 15 years but hadn't updated the program for almost 10 years. I'm still learning some of the new features. Looking forward to using the announcement features on the program. it's wonderful to be able to set up the scriptures being used for the sermon and also quickly add any new scriptures Pastor might want to have up on the screen while he is preaching. It is very easy to use. Sometimes I have someone new running the words on the screen during worship, it only takes a few moments of instruction for someone to pick up how to run the program.

Cons

The biggest concern I have with the program is that it is only for Microsoft/DOS computers. It does not support Apple products. Currently we use Microsoft but would like to be able to use this product on Apple if we would decide to switch.

From First Lisburn Presbyterian Church

Just over a year ago we upgraded from version 2009 of Easyworship to version 7, and a week ago moved from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I experienced some technical problems in both transitions and had to consult the support team. They were very quick to respond and very clear in their guidance (all by email) and I was able to resolve all of my issues very satisfactorily. An excellent service on a first class product.

Pros

We have been using Easyworship for our Sunday worship for nearly 20 years. It has become an essential element in what we do. It was particularly important during the Covid pandemic when we pre-recorded, and subsequently live-streamed, services. The fact that we can display the words being sung is most important as we often sing praise songs that are not in the traditional hymnbook but the ability to show PowerPoints and videos is also very useful.

Cons

It meets our requirements very well. No real problems with it.

Hi Malcolm, Thank you for being apart of our EasyWorship family for so long! Tech Support, Nolan

Easy Worship Functionality and Support

Our community have been able to enhance worship with clear attractive presentations using a wide variety of IT media

Pros

The Easy Worship software used in church worship allows for seamless presentations using several types of media. The user can move quickly from presenting words for hymns to video clips to PowerPoint. Easy Worship does have its own facility for creating presentations too. In a nutshell Easy Worship does what ‘it says on the tin’ and makes presentations in worship easy.

Cons

Learning Easy Worship is a steep learning curve. However, there are lots of support videos and a forum to discuss any issues.

Hi Mary, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review, If you ever need anything just let our tech team know! Tech Support, Nolan

User Friendly Program

Pros

We have several operators for projecting worship on Sundays. It was easy to train new operators as EasyWorship is user-friendly and most were able to know what to do quickly even when they had never used the program before their training.

Cons

Sometimes the software will freeze when trying to insert PowerPoints into the schedule. Or the PowerPoints will insert okay, but will not show the preview, however, when projected the slides are viewable.

Years of use of EW

Very good. It’s been a long time doing its work properly

Pros

Almost never fails. We have neen using the software for a long time.

Cons

Could have some more features related to online streaming integration

Hi Domini, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, our developers are working really hard on improving the software and I'm sure that future updates will include streaming features! Tech Support, Nolan

Great for what we need it to do

Easyworship is MUCH easier than most applications I've used in churches previously. I would recommend it.

Pros

Being able to do everything within one program is amazing! Previously, we were using PowerPoint for the sermon slides, MediaPlayer for videos and switching back in forth while on the presentation screen looked messy and was frustrating.

Cons

I wish it were a little easier to use and that it was all linked to a cloud. It would be great if the worship minister put in her songs from her home, the minister put in his notes for the sermon from his home, etc... and it all compiles into one file I opened on Sunday morning at the church. At this time, I don't see a way of doing that besides everybody emailing me their stuff and me spending quite a bit of time putting it together. It is time consuming to have to manually enter every song we sing.

Hi Tammy, thanks for the feedback! Cloud based storage is something that our development team is working but at this moment we do not have a projected timeline for this feature. Please feel free to reach out to us if you think of any additional feature enhancements or requests that we can implement to improve your experience. You can contact me at support@easyworship.com. Nolan

EasyWorship 7 - Great Multimedia Platform for Enhanced Worship Experience

I love that EasyWorship is a Christian company with its primary mission to advance the cause of Jesus Christ. After a challenging learning curve, I have come to appreciate the incredible capabilities of EW7. I use virtually all of its functionality and would recommend EW7 to any church that needs a comprehensive multimedia platform to enhance their worship service. I like the subscription option that makes EW7 affordable for even small churches at an affordable price with updates available at no additional cost. The EW support team is exceptional. They are available, polite, extremely knowledgable, and reassuring. Access to support that you can count on is essential when your entire worship service depends on its audiovisual technology.

Pros

EasyWorship 7 is a stable, reliable multimedia platform that is indispensable for projection of announcements, music lyrics, PowerPoint presentations, and direct access to external audio video sources during worship services and other church-related programs. The user can import photographs, videos,other resources available from its on-line media store, or create your own media, Through EW7, you can access lyrics in slide form from an existing library, import song lyrics from CCLI on-line, or create your own lyrics slides. You can create your own multi-layered media slides and create media libraries for easy access to backgrounds, Bible verses etc. EasyWorship can also connect live to social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube using streaming programs such as OBS.

Cons

EasyWorship initial seemed to be exceptional complicated, although I was able to teach myself using the user manual, on-line teaching tutorials available on the EasyWorship website, and trial and error. Unfortunately, there was no one in my area that had practical experience setting up or using EW. I started with EasyWorship 6, which was a bit unstable. Occasionally it would lock up in the middle...

Hi Richard, thanks for the feedback! I hope that we can continue to provide the same exceptional experience you've had so far. If there's ever anything we can do to improve our product or your experience, please don't hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at 1-918-250-1493 or support@easyworship.com. Fred

Good if you’re good at it

Despite some of the issues with media files, I enjoy using EasyWorship. It did not take long to “master,” and with a little pre-planning and a brief tutorial, I could have someone take over my role for a service without much worry. I would have liked to have been able to have accessed a wider catalogue of songs, but once you learn the tricks to inputting lyrics, adding songs is not a major issue. I purchased this software initially because of budget constraints and a lack of time to properly compare all available options. That being said, I am not unhappy with the time I spent using it.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is the ease in which the user can quickly put Bible verses on the screen if they have not been informed about them prior. I used this as a music minister before I became senior pastor, and our pastor would frequently quote scripture throughout his sermon that he had not given to me beforehand. This software proved better than any other I have used at being able to quickly put a scripture on the screen, and being able to quickly alternate between translations. With a little practice, I could have the scripture on the screen before the pastor finished saying “John 1:1 says.” The other software I’ve used has made this task difficult.

Cons

Integrating media proves to be troublesome much of the time. We frequently had issues with video files that, even though they had been loaded onto the computer itself, would not play correctly from the software. We ended up resorting to simply playing video files through another media player, then changing the desktop mirroring following the end of the video so that we could begin using this software again. We also had issues at times (though less frequently) with looped video backgrounds causing the program to crash. This occurred on multiple PCs, each with a processor more than capable of handling the looping video, and with multiple looping videos, which leads me to believe it is an issue with the software.

Hi Nick, thanks for the feedback! If you have some free time available this week, we should be able to resolve the issue with video playback. Can you contact our technical support department at 1-918-250-1493 or support@easyworship.com? This will probably be a quick fix that we can help with. Fred

Functional and Easy to Use Worship Projection Software

Our entire technical / presentation team likes EasyWorship because of its flexibility, which fits right in with our typical services. We usually do not get the sermon outlines or the worship song list until an hour before the service starts, and EasyWorship makes is easy to quickly build the lists and make any edits before service starts. EasyWorship also allows for a quick transition to ad hoc scriptures, songs or videos when the leaders go "off script".

Pros

Database of song lyrics, backgrounds and Scripture - both included and for purchase Ease of building service lists Integration with other media sources, like SongSelect, YouTube, etc. Speed to load and change between items Flexibility of formatting and organizing presentation material

Cons

When they removed the ability to synch the display between preview, saved presentation and the library. We run a very dynamic and flexible service, which is why we like the ability to quickly display new songs, scripture and media, but it would be nice to have the software display the material from the library and the presentation list, especially when we need to flip between different scripture verses....

Hi Thomas, thanks for the feedback! If you have some free time, I would be thrilled to speak with you about some of the feature requests you may have. I also noticed your comments on losing the monitor configuration in Windows. This is not typical and may be something we need to troubleshoot either via phone or email. I can be contacted at 1-918-250-1493 or by email at support@easyworship.com, if you'd like to speak about either. Fred

One of the best pieces of software I've used in church for putting songs and texts in screen.

Pros

It was a wonderful day when the church decided to buy EW instead of just using PowerPoint for visual aids in services. We use EW to display hymns and Bible texts mainly on the projector or TV but it really comes in handy for praise and worship sessions where we can just keep the words coming as the song leaders chain songs together. The built-in Bible versions also mean that the preachers can call...

Cons

There's not a lot to not like about this software. My biggest issue is that they don't support Mac systems. It's not a deal breaker but it does limit our choices for computer upgrades. The second issue is the upgrade price. It's really great software and the initial cost is worth the investment but the upgrade price is a little steep. A smaller yearly subscription might be better and more manageable for smaller churches. My final issue is more technical and it has to do with codecs and using videos as backgrounds in EW. The videos work fine on their own but as soon as you try to use them as a background they stop playing. It seemed to be a Windows 7 issue. Maybe fixed in 8 or 10 but none of the fixes found online worked so far. It's more of an annoyance than a major issue.

Thanks for your feedback! I wanted to let you know that the MAC version is actually our primary focus currently and I hope you will be able to try it out. We have now added a subscription model that can be done yearly or monthly as well for EasyWorship 7. Could you please contact one of us in support about the video playback issue? I would love to help you out with that. - Fred

Solid product with great customer service

I have been doing church A/V for 20+ years and for most of the time I have been using EW. They have kept up with the times with upgrades and feature improvements. I have evaluated several options over the years but I've never felt comfortable enough with any other options to make the move to another platform. I often recruit novice users to assist in this ministry and find that new users pick up on the basic operating skills very quickly. Most people that I know that are doing Church video presentations that are not using EW are using MS PowerPoint. Knowing both as well as I do, I could never be convinced that PP is a better alternative to EW. Overall, I am a loyal customer and it would be a big ask to get me to give this application up for another option.

Pros

This interface is intuitive and easy to use. The layout is clean and flexible. Overall for church presentation software it offers all of the features that I need. I rarely have a request or task that I can't fulfill in one way or another by using EW. They are continually adding features and functionality. When I do have the rare problem, I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself as their customer service is always friendly and ready to help. I also love the integration with Song Select.

Cons

I would like to see some better tools for "tagging" of resources and also some richer photo and video editing functions. They have a remote function that lets the user control the application with a mobile device. As much as I love this feature, I have a difficult time getting it to connect on a consistent basis and the lack or reliability leave me uncertain about depending on it.

Hi Tim, thanks for the feedback! If you have some time, I would love to speak with you further about the "tagging" and editing functions that you've requested here. When you have some free time, would you please reach out to me at 1-918-250-1493 or support@easyworship.com to detail these requests a bit further? Fred

Why your business needs EasyWorship software!

We are a church using this software, and it has been very helpful. We no longer use the hymnals for our music, because we can send the words directly to the screens in the sanctuary. We can run announcements before and after the service to remind people of upcoming events and scheduled meetings, which is a big help. I really don't know what we would do if we did not have EasyWorship software. It has made my job working in the AV booth go a lot smoother. We put on a very professional looking service!

Pros

The software was very easy to get up and running. With this software, you can load and play almost any sort of audio or video file you will ever need. If we have the need to play a PowerPoint, a video from a website, and an audio selection from another source, we can do it with EasyWorship. It is not a difficult program to learn how to use. We transmit our signal to three projectors in the main sanctuary and to several other tv monitors in various rooms. We can display announcements before the service, and then we can show the service on all the displays. I would recommend EasyWorship to any business or church that has any need for this sort of software.

Cons

I can honestly say that I really don't have any cons with EasyWorship software. There is a learning process with any new software package, but with EasyWorship, it was very fast. There are "how to" videos on Youtube that can be of value also.

Hi Doug, thanks for the feedback! If you think of any other feedback or requests, please feel free to contact me at support@easyworship.com. Fred

Great Product With Service to Match

As stated above the ease of developing a complete schedule with limited resources is key advantage for our church. The reason the review is titled 'Great Product With Service to Match' is that I was completely satisfied with EasyWorship 6 from time it was installed in October of 2017 until Sunday June 26 2020 when I attempted to purchase a bible and program stated my login details were invalid. Through...

Pros

The scheduling feature within EasyWorship is what sets it apart from other programs for me. We are a small congregation with limited resources (both financial and human) so fact that I can have our schedule developed in 10 minutes or less is great. Also, last minute changes are simple to make along with being able to pull up scripture in seconds.

Cons

Really have not found anything missing over the 2.5 years of using EasyWorship 6. We just upgraded to EasyWorship 7 which has some additional features.

Hi Alving, thanks for the feedback! If you ever run into trouble or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at support@easyworship.com or 1-918-250-1493. Fred

From a Church Media Director

My years of using easy worship from EW2009-EW6-EW7 has been a wonderful experience, I have tried out few other software out there but I always end up coming back because no one does it better. My worship experience won't be the same without this product because it makes it truly EASY!.

Pros

Easy worship is my favorite when it come to presentation because as the name is, so it is. I love the media library specially because it helps me sort my resources and I can do a last minute readjustment to the image or video instead of going to look for a third party app and its very helpful when it happens during service and I edit without breaking the flow of my presentation. Despite the heavy modification on Easy Worship 7, it still works seamlessly on an average pc without glitch this is unlike other graphic software.

Cons

Easy worship is nice and I feel that I get the value for my money but I still think the price is a bit high, maybe lesser packages can be introduced or price slashes. There should be provision for lyric plugin from internet, the web feature isn't the best and finally the templates should be more flexible to be customized to bring out the creativity in users..

Hi Isaac, thanks for the feedback! If you think of any additional feedback or requests, please feel free to contact us at support@easyworship.com. Fred

Great Software for Churches on a Budget and Very User Friendly

We have used EasyWorship for over a decade and it has always served our needs well as a church. We would recommend the software easily to others looking for something like it.

Pros

One of the best features of this software is the app you can control the entire program on (as long as you have wifi). We continuously use the app to enhance the availability of the software throughout the building and the services. The software allows the user to import their own images, videos, PowerPoints, etc easily, while storing it effectively in a database with a search function. Great starter software for churches looking to expand their visuals within their services.

Cons

There are times previews (especially while importing PowerPoints, images or videos) only show a black screen. That is a minor inconvenience, but probably one of things that makes the typically user friendly software less effective.

Hi Trevor, thanks for the feedback! If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting us over in tech support about the blank previews issue. This is usually easy to correct by installing driver updates or making other minor tweaks to the system. If you have some time to work on it, please feel free to contact me at support@easyworship.com. Fred

If you are looking for a simple tool for worship, EasyWorship is what you need!

I worked for Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and EasyWorship is a tool that benefitted us greatly. We do multiple camps a year, and having that simple interface helps people young and old to be able to control how the program works.

Pros

I've used EasyWorship after trying it one time for a service, and it's a go-to program for me on every worship set! One of the things I love about it is the interface. It lists all the songs you have on record, and you are able to create a new slideshow in case a song is missing. Because I tend to do non-mainstream worship songs from time to time, it's easy to create a quick slideshow right before church service, and it looks professional! The ease of access for this program is phenomenal, and it allows you to be at ease during church services. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in finding something different.

Cons

Hi Avery, thanks for the feedback! If you run into any further trouble with creating presentations, please feel free to reach out to me and set up a remote session where I can take a look and help you out. You can contact me at support@easyworship.com or 1-918-250-1493. Fred

Great for lyrics and simple projections

Pros

Well the first thing i noticed the first time to use it is that its very easy to use and its ability to to project from multiple screens,well honestly that was a goal. Another great thing about easy worship is how easy it is to project song lyrics like for example in congregation or a church service when it comes to worship,it really give you the ability to control slides to slides whenever you want and how you want it. Last thing is the ability to import videos from youtube much easier with easy worship which can be showing videos from youtube a great success through this software.

Cons

Well it just seems outdated and harder compared to other softwares like pro presenter but still better than epic worship. But anyways though the software has some difficulties,it is still on of the best easy softwares to use

Hi NDEREYIMANA, Thanks for the feedback! We are passionate here at EasyWorship about offering the best service and highest quality product we can for our customers while keeping it user friendly. We have a very eager tech team here at EasyWorship who would be happy to help you with any issues you may be having with the software as well as an extensive library of training videos to help you learn how to take advantage of the software to it's fullest potential. If you have any questions just give us a call at (918) 250-1493. Nolan

It is very useful, a tool for the super essential church, in each meeting it is needed and helps to

it is support in each service, meeting of the church, favors all the attendees, because they read and can sing the songs that are not known, new, and unknown. * When we project videos, it helps to make the talk more understandable and more understandable to all the visitors and assistants of the church.

Pros

* It is very useful, in my case for the church * It serves as a support, I can use it as support material, because we project videos, the lyrics of the songs, announcements of activities. * Help to organize the information of all the letters of the songs and they are ordered alphabetically. * It serves as support material, it helps a lot to the assistants of the church, adults to read and to be able to sing the songs and the young people in their meeting to be more crestivos with the videos

Cons

* In very few occasions the computer is slowed by so much information introduced in the program but it is only when it is saturated with videos at the same time, that several are used at the same time. * I have only used it in English, I have not been able to use it in Spanish, and sometimes I need to use it in that language. * The negative things that the program has are minimal, but I will only say that what affects me is when I have to use it on a less advanced computer, the machine slows down. that's it

Hi Rosymar, thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled to see that our program has been so useful for your church. I did notice that you are having some trouble with utilizing Spanish language items in the program and wanted to let you know that you should be able to create Hymns and other items in Spanish without any issues. If you are having trouble with this, I would be more than happy to assist you with it. Please let me know if you would like to take a look - Fred, support@easyworship.com

"The best presentation software we have purchased, PERIOD!"

We are able to deliver a multimedia presentation to our congregation in a very professional manner but with absolute ease and precision. We are very satisfied with EasyWorship and what we have been able to accomplish for our Sunday Worship and weekly experiences.

Pros

The product in overall brings honor to its name: VERY easy to use and quality of the presentations are consistently flawless. It has never glitched or "blow up" on me. software is pretty stable and quick overall system performance. I believe I will stay with EasyWorship for a long time! Amazing price for the results we are getting. THANK YOU!

Cons

It does not have more bible versions and should include Spanish versions also. There are a lot of Hispanic congregations that will be able to use the software in the nation and other parts of the world as well.

Hi Peter, thanks for the feedback! If you're looking for a specific Bible for EasyWorship, please feel free to post a new request on our forum but I am happy to let you know that we do have several Spanish Bible translations available with EasyWorship as well as many other common languages. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Fred

Easy Worship 7 is well worth the upgrade from EW version 6

Easy Worship 6 did have problems with some video formats, and would randomly freeze when trying to play this next song during our service (or during testing before service), for example. The new version (v.7) has had not problems - and has made Live Streaming during the pandemic when we are 'online only' and only 3 people in the building stress free because we know our list of pre-recorded videos will play without hiccups. This was our primary reason for the upgrade to v.7, but now having used EW7, I would not go back to the older version. I only have 5 months experience with EW6, and now about a month with EW7, but it has worked so well that I would not explore and learn new software from a competitor.

Pros

Easy Worship 7 handles our pre-recorded service videos very well during the restrictions for online-only services during our current lock-down. Also nice is the new dark mode (easier on the eyes in a dark room), remote control options, integration of video feeds directly into Easy Worship. The handling of scripture, and songs in the Schedule is also easier, with better flow when mixing different songs or verses together into one schedule item. Easy Worship 7 converts version 6 files into v7 easily. There are also easy backup and transfer between computers of song catalogue using USB Profile Transfer tool.

Cons

Integration of the new version was very Easy. But while we are still learning the new features of EW Ver. 7, one item that is not apparently available is simultaneously sending the Live to a Projector, and the Alpha Channel through NDI simultaneously. ** Note: We have not yet evaluated this completely, and this statement could be incorrect. We are looking to project simultaneously over VGA to our projector, and send a 'clean' transparent background NDI stream of the words for overlay on our Live Stream in OBS Studio, without having to use the Color Key in OBS to remove the background (which now always has to be solid colors, and still 'flickers' during slide transitions depending on the background color selected).

Hi Leroy, thanks for the feedback! I did want to let you know that dual projection is one of our most highly requested features and our development team is aware of the need for it. Our team will continue to encourage them to develop this feature until it is released. If you think of anything else that our team can do to improve the software or your experience, please let me know. Reach me at support@easyworship.com. Fred