LogicalDOC Reviews

LogicalDOC

Enterprise document management for SMBs

4.72/5 (54 reviews)

Pros
  • In general, this is a great intuitive document management solution company with a great product and an excellent support team.Megan B.Read the full review
  • Overall, tech support is very good addressing issues when they arise, but we have had very few issues with our installation and we love the product.Gail P.Read the full review
  • Overall its easy to use and have a lot of features that we appreciate. We hope in the upcoming months to really make the best of the software with the full implementation in our operations.Diego P.Read the full review
Cons
  • Not to mention documents being lost or overwritten. Nobody knew where to find anything, so we had so many duplicated documents and illogical folder structures.Nikky G.Read the full review
  • After sending in the logs from the failed install, I had a tech support representative from LogicalDoc loginto the server and go through some trouble shooting steps.Andy R.Read the full review
  • Any question or advice I needed was given to me in no less than 12 hours and their response was always spot on.Jeff W.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Gail Pollicita

Easy to implement and use

Reviewed 2019-03-19

Overall, tech support is very good addressing issues when they arise, but we have had very few issues with our installation and we love the product! Since we have a lot of documents and especially emails to file daily by several people, this product fulfills the requirement of being easy to use and maintain. Product support of the technical aspect of the database is always quickly addressed, but I feel there are many more features of the software I could be using but am not able to determine how to use them or in what situation to use them (I am NOT a tech-oriented person!), but that seems typical with many softwares. Since we are a small company, we are unable to spend a lot on individualized product training but I would love to attend a user conference and network with other users. The company has provided some user references to contact but I have not had any luck in having contacts return my calls.

Pros
My co-workers loved that it looks like a typical folder filing system. I personally love the add-ons that allow filing directly to the database from Microsoft products (Outlook, Excel, word etc.) and the "edit with Office" feature. It's very easy to set implement and easy to use. It addresses our concerns for data privacy since we have our own cloud version maintained by LogicalDoc at a VERY affordable price.

Cons
I would like to have the option to file Acrobat pdfs directly to the database similar to Microsoft products. I feel that product documentation could be more robust and I have needed to create my own user initial set-up and training documentation to enable users to utilize the system without my intervention.

Nikky Gibson

Great product, exceptional support

Reviewed 2019-01-28

We have 7 different sites and we had terrible issues with disconnected network shares, and muddled security through active directory. Not to mention documents being lost or overwritten. Nobody knew where to find anything, so we had so many duplicated documents and illogical folder structures. We have rationalised our entire organisational structure, and we use folder templates a lot to ensure we don't get into a mess again. We can pull documents into the repository via email and we can integrate with other systems. Using version control and rebuilding our security model from the ground up has improved efficiency.

Pros
Before we implemented LogicalDOC there was a lot of resistance and opposition to such a big change in working practice. It was only a matter of weeks before users were telling me how happy they were and how easy it was. The interface is very intuitive - users understand immediately what they are looking at. It integrates with Office, so we just carry on using the same tools as before. Remote access is a breeze, and we have integrated it with our staff intranet. Now we have proper version control, we don't have documents being overwritten and we can manage duplication and organisation centrally. Finally, the support provided by LogicalDOC is second to none. I can't stress how important it is to have a skilled, responsive support team to call on in times of need.

Cons
As with any "cloud" based technology, reliance on browsers. LogicalDOC used to work very well in Chrome, but we are having issues with that. Easy enough to provide access to alternative browsers, but it does interfere with productivity.

Diego Pizarro

1 month review

Reviewed 2017-01-24

I has been a good experience so far, we had some problems with the upload of a large quantity of documents, specially with the time it took with the indexing process. Overall its easy to use and have a lot of features that we appreciate. We hope in the upcoming months to really make the best of the software with the full implementation in our operations.

Pros
Easy to use features, the upload of folders and search engine for the indexed files.

Cons
The time it take to index large quantity of documents at first. It lacks options for tagging large quantity of documents (more than 100).

James Ngugi

Logicaldoc is a great document management solution for small and medium enterprises. Very scalable

Reviewed 2017-07-16

The software has greatly improved business processes within organizations that we have rolled it out. One case in point was an organization that had 800,000 pages scanned from different files. Using Logicaldoc the organization was able to index all these pages and currently they are able to reference all their files with the comprehensive search functionality of the system. The organization has managed to free over 200 square feet of storage space where the file registry was and now all the files have been moved to a remote location. Processes that required referencing of files used to take 2 days but with logicaldoc, clients are served immediately.

Pros
I love the ease of use of the software and also the short learning curve. Installation takes utmost 30 minutes for any administrator with basic IT skills. The drag and drop of documents into the drop spot also makes upload of documents very easy for any organization. Logicaldoc also allows easy updates of the software which ensures organization's stay with the latest software. We have had the software in our organization for nearly a year with no regrets of this investment.

Cons
The biggest challenge we have had with the software is lack of a backup package with initial installation. Backup addon costs the same as the business license which does not make alot of sense. Handling of duplicates also is a challenge and versioning though this might be a user challenge rather than the software itself.

Response from LogicalDOC

Backup utility is not embedded in the standard product because you might want to use your own backup infrastructure. No one of the known DMS available in the market provide an embedded backup tool and the majority of them nor provide it for payment.

Of course, we provide a professional incremental Backup tool whose price is fixed and independent from the license, since you have a very small installation the price of the Backup tool is comparable with your license price, but in general this is not the case.

Gary Harlam

Full Featured Document Management System for a reasonable price

Reviewed 2019-01-09

At implementation, we expected to put our complete document repository in the system. As stated, based on the functionality a few years ago, we cut back our implementation and only used the system for our accounting data.

Pros
- The basic features of the system work well - When we implemented the system a few years ago, we tried using it to manage our office documents but did not like the workflow required to edit documents. My recollection is documents needed to be downloaded for editing and could not be done right from the interface. This may have changed - I can not comment on the current version as I have not looked at those features recently. - We use the system to store our accounting documents - the system works very well for that - we have no complaints - We store the documents and add tags to them for classification - When I've needed support, they were very helpful in solving my issues. Sometimes, the time zone difference gets in the way of quicker support

Cons
- I've had issues with the search features not returning the expected results - The process to update the application could be easier - We tried to reduce the number of users and were not allowed to do.

Response from LogicalDOC

Thanks for giving us your feedback. LogicalDOC is quite the only document management system that gives you different search types with capability to queue them to better filter your contents. If you do not find the right content with the fulltext, we suggest to try with the parametric search.

Carl Mersman

Enterprise Document System at an Affordable Cost

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Pros
This is a very strong Enterprise document management solution that you can get at an affordable cost. The GUI is very easy to use and understand, the integration with Outlook and other Office products makes using the system quick and easy. From an IT standpoint, it uses minimal resources and has a small foot print.

Cons
I least like that the support team is based in Italy, it makes working out issues some what challenging however - the hours that they are available they are quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

Kevin Ryba

LogicalDOC

Reviewed 2017-02-04

We reviewed several competing Document Management Systems and decided to implement LogicalDOC. Their pricing fit into out budget great as we are a non-profit. The flexibility of LogicalDOC allowed us to utilize LogicalDOC as an enhancement to other system capabilities. From meta-data fields, calendar scheduling, workflow, stability, to many updates and improvements regularly, this product is well worth our investment.

Pros
Cost per user very reasonable, stable web platform, access security features, extensive file extension recognition.

Cons
Built-in Preview needs some improvement

Erika Wolff

Affordable Enterprise Document Solution

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Pros
The interface for this product is easy to use with minimal training. The security functions behind the product make it easy to segregate documents between roles in our company. The Microsoft Office add-ins make editing documents a breeze.

Cons
No major complaints at this time, if I had to pick one thing - it would be that the support team is located in Italy which can make troubleshooting issues a bit of a challenge with the time differences.

Mauro Bollini

An amazing DMS!! Super easy to install and feature rich. I like the document encryption feature!

Reviewed 2017-12-21

Pros
Easy to install, very good gui, document encryption. The best DMS that I ever tried (and I tried a lot of them......)

Cons
Automation documentation can be improved. Automation code examples will be nice to better understand the advanced automation features available (and are A LOT!)

Response from LogicalDOC

Many thanks for your appreciations. We agree that the Workflow Automation is really powerful and sophisticated and that for these reasosns we should think to publish a library of ready-to-go samples.

Alvin E. Warren

Great document management system

Reviewed 2017-02-21

The software was very easy to install and the configuration is well decorated. Please read the guide , it will help you to installing this software. It's so good to see that specialized open source software projects are a vital alternative to overpriced proprietary "standard" products with often unnecessary features. Overall, I can say its the best system I have tried out of the many systems available after extensive research and settled on.

Pros
Document management system

Cons
Configuration

Nawwar Hassan

LogicalDoc software for power plants documentation

Reviewed 2017-02-04

- The positive indication for LogicalDoc software that it is easy to use which is too important for such wide users in a foundation - organization, also it is controlable (if i may say that) by admin, security functions are good to keep documents, records, ... etc from deleting editing by normal user. - The areas of improvement in this software, for example if we can define the side that have uploaded certain (live) document by specific & clear signature for each user and by the same time sending notification to the admin or related account it will be very useful in using this software in that level. - Also it will be interesting if training provided online to be more than 3 or 4 hours because this software functions is not widely known so users or system admins can have more time in digesting these funtions to apply in the future use of the software. In the end i wish best regards to your team. Thank you LogicalDoc team.

Pros

Cons
it will be better to access online to my local network where the software is installed, meaning if i can access from home to the server

Oliver Pehnke

Replace Liferay with LogicalDoc

Reviewed 2017-01-23

We started evaluating DMS software systems to replace a Liferay based solution. Liferay contains rudimentary DMS functionality, rudimentary CMS functionality and a JSR compliant portal solution. The client was not satified with the performance, complexity, support and price tag. We suggested our client to replace parts of the solution while focusing on industry standards. CMIS offered us a selling point to convince our customer to use a DMS without vendor lockin. Since a DMS is not a ContentManagementSystem and has portal functionality was substituted that with an client specific web client using the content from the DMS. LogicalDoc even added a web content editor in almost no time at a fair price. The customer finally got it all. A pure DMS, a great support and a fair price and a software solution that could anytime replace LogicalDoc with another CMIS compliant DMS. But there is no reason since 2013.

Pros
CMIS interface

Cons
Web Client

thomas henry

great management system

Reviewed 2017-02-22

This is one of the best documented project I ever seen. I installed community version with no problems . DMS has good looking and fast web interface. Web services API works perfectly. Good job!

Pros
document management system

Cons
management system

Response from LogicalDOC

Thanks for the positive review, it is our intention to add some new features to the open-source edition, but we need your help to select them. For this reason you're invited to start a discussion in our web forum http://forums.logicaldoc.com

Eric Daugherty

Comprehensive DMS at a reasonable price

Reviewed 2018-02-07

We got a full-featured document management solution that didn't break the bank.

Pros
The software packs a lot of functionality and provides our company with a solution that has scaled well as our document repository has grown in size.

Cons
I wish they had US based support, but hopefully in time they will as the customer base grows. The Italian support group is good about responding to help desk tickets.

Gary Harlam

LogicalDoc Document Management

Reviewed 2017-01-23

For a very reasonable price, this product does a good job with document management. Although many of the integrations are not polished, they do work well. I've been using LD for several years. One downside is their support is over seas. Emails are typically answered by the time I arrive the next morning. They are there for most of the morning EST. They are very helpful and in a few instances where we had major problems, they remoted in and help out. I've made feature suggestions several times. Some have been implemented. We've installed it for a few clients too - they like it - especially when the consider the price as compared to other "full featured" expensive products.

Charlie Tanqueray

Top Notch DMS Solution

Reviewed 2017-01-25

We were looking for a solution to replace our FAP server with a solution which can manage, version, audit our data in a stricter method. Since using the product we have utilised the APIs for a couple of our inbuilt products with ease thanks to LogicalDOC's support team.

Pros
Features, APIs, support

Cons
No mirroring of the DMS is officially supported (File and DB mirroring).

Steve Ropiak

Great Document Manager

Reviewed 2017-02-02

Saved us tons of money by not having to print out weekly fliers and specials. Love their import feature and email option.

Pros

Cons
Nothing

Marlo Barrett

This is a wonderful program and is very user-friendly!

Reviewed 2018-04-09

Pros
I appreciate how user-friendly this software is. I like how I can organize my production files exactly the way I want to file them ... going several years back.

Cons
Occasionally I have to scan 50+ pages at once where each page needs to be an individual file. I wish there was a way to do a bulk "Split Page" after every single page rather than doing it manually or with 50+ break sheets.

Matteo Accornero

Easy to use and reliable documental repository

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Pros
I've been using LogicalDOC (PC and Synology NAS versions) for over 4 year now. Beeing able to find, share and print sensitive documents instead of leaving them in the office is priceless: saves a lot of time and there are very little (or none) security risks,

Cons
The backup engine should have a user interface to be more user friendly and should be included for free in the software.

Stefan Scandella

GIS meets LogicalDOC

Reviewed 2014-07-21

Pros: 'OLIG' is an engineering company which offers services in the following areas: geoinformatics, survey, planning, civil engineering and control of building regulations. After an intensive search for a system for document management for our townships, clients and for our Geographic Information System (GIS) the focus lies on LogicalDOC because it conforms best to our requirements. Our most important criteria were as follows: programming interface (API), connection to Office, Web solution, easy handling, document versioning system, historization, mature and established search engine algorithm, deployed technology. Most important is the programming interface that enables us to develop our own applications which communicate with DMS. Such we developed an interface to our WebGIS which allows us to retrieve documents of the DMS. The quick and uncomplicated support and the flexibility concerning customer requests is commendable as well. Moreover the product outperforms with regard to the cost-performance ratio. Conclusion: with the product LogicalDOC we could convince several clients of this solution. Cons: There is nothing particularly negative to mention.

Francesca Comeaux

I am using LogicalDOC to manage a document scanning project at the company where I work.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

I am able to keep on track with a very important scanning project.

Pros
Our company uses the software for 16 departments throughout our company. It is user friendly and very easy to use.

Cons
Sometimes there are small bugs. My only request would be to provide live customer service support that can be reached by phone.

Alexander Rojas

Results are different to Xerox Docushare

Reviewed 2017-02-02

We decided with the company I work with as freelance to migrate the old docushare version they had (6.5) to LogicalDoc as it offered most of the desirable features. The issue was that comparing the results having the same documents in the database and recently indexed, what prevented us to leave LogicalDoc as the replacement of docushare was that LogicalDoc showed different results. After this, we analyzed the documents presented thinking that maybe LogicalDoc had a better algorithm than Docushare, but unfortunately no, my client called it "inaccurate". The list of the documents presented by LogicalDoc missed the most important documents shown as the most accurate ones by Docushare. All documents stored had the following extensions: .doc, .docx, pdf, rtf. Thank you, Alexander Rojas IT consultant

Pros
Friendly, easy to install, licensing

Cons
Search is inaccurate compared to docushare. It doesn't display the most accurate documents based on the words searched

Response from LogicalDOC

Unlike DocuShare, LogicalDOC has a more sophisticated search engine that depends on the language and is highly configurable with many tuning parameters.
We believe you simply have to fine tune your installation to obtain better results.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rohit Savana

Great and easy to use document management system

Reviewed 2017-02-11

We are using logicaldoc open source version as it fits our need and works great as performance and security is concerned.

Pros
Easy to install,use and administration.

Cons
Can be more lightweight as it require more server resources.

Alvin E. Warren

Great Management System

Reviewed 2017-02-22

The software was very easy to install and well management system. Please read the guide , it will help you. If all stuff is configured LogicalDoc runs stable.

Pros
document management system

Cons
DMS

ITAMAR PEREIRA

A GOOD TOOL

Reviewed 2016-08-23

IT IS A PROGRAM THAT HAS HELPED ORGANIZE OUR MUCH AS ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICAL INFORMATION EASY ACCESS, AND VERY FLEXIBLE, ROBUST SOFTWARE LOOKS

Pros
FLEXIBILITY TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS OUR

Cons
NOTHING