All categories

Mikogo

Show any screen content from your computer over the Web

Mikogo Reviews

Dave O.

Cheikh B.

My overall experience has been great, giving me lightning fast capability to remotely share my screen.

Patricia C.

Brad B.

Matthew K.

3.7

Mikogo Review

Mikogo saves me a lot of time, especially in remote meetings.

Pros

Mikogo is good software, because I used it when I first started using it. Mikogo also has very good functionality. Mikogo also has very good features. Its ability to share the screen with others during meetings is powerful up to 25 people. With Mikogo there is no need to download or install any software. All you need is an internet connection to get the program. Mikogo is compatible not only with Windows, Linus, MacOS, but also mobile devices.

Cons

Not much to say except that the customer service is not at its best and moreover, there are bugs on the guest capture. Otherwise, it's flawless.

Not as slick as Zoom, or Webex, or.......

I stopped using this product during my first year subscription for the above mentioned reasons. I was a month past the anniversary date requesting cancellation. They were very aggressive in their collection efforts and ultimately I ended paying for most of a second year. Beware agreements that auto renew and DONT accept non payment as cancellation. I was using Webex, which was overall a better product, but more expensive. After Miko I switched to Zoom, which is a MUCH better product, far easier for non members to be invited to and join screen share sessions.

Pros

I was referred to this product by a colleague for collaboration on a project we were developing jointly, since he was familair and I'm a power user, it worked well for this porject

Cons

Its a little klugey - scheduling tool is tedious, inviting viewers even more so. The invited end user onboarding is a bit confusing and many of my clients would struggle to join a conference.

Not hard to use but don't look for support

I had been using Mikogo for several years now and most of the time it worked fine for my purposes. Specifically, I conduct remote enrollment services and need the software to run on any platform (ie. Mac & PC). I never have more than one participant besides myself in the conference. I also need to be able to transfer control of the mouse and keyboard for remote signature. I need to be able to transfer...

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and in up until recently had few complaints.

Cons

The product gets failing grades for support when things don't work as planned!

Viewing device contents with mikogo

Mikogo was my first experience with screen sharing apps and softwares. It started off good but overtime I had to move on to other services. They have a great product but not great support.

Pros

I like that it's free to use. Mikogo is also very simple in outlook and functionality. I like its ability to share screen contents with others during meetings. This helps with better presentation and collaboration.

Cons

Customer support of mikogo hasn't been the best for me. They seem hard to reach when you experience difficulty.

Easiest tool for providing remote support

I use this for personal reasons to support friends and family who have "computer problems" without going through a complicated phone video chat.

Pros

It's easy to download and set up It's easy to to start a support session and resolve issues quickly It is mostly intuitive to both parties

Cons

Keyboard and mouse sharing should be easy to find for the "supportee" because s/he may have limited computer software knowledge (which may be limited to downloading and installing the software). The set-up process should be made as easy as possible (perhaps use a 10-year old's mindset), which includes verbiage on the setup screens, buttons, icons, etc.

Not worth the money.

no benefit that other services do a better job of providing

Pros

Very easy to setup application, and easy to use. It's also simple for people invited to join and share screen.

Cons

The Screen freeze, the screen freeze, the screen freeze, no audio support so you cannot record voice and video, The customer support is poor at best. They also forced another year's subscription on me - they require paypal auto renew, The vast majority of companies will allow you to cancel an auto renew if you let them know in a reasonable time. I notified then within 5 minutes of renewal notice they refused to allow me to cancel - now I have paid for full year for software I would rather throw away. not a reputable company.

Mikogo Free Remote Access Software

Pros

This software does basic remote access for free!

Cons

There are bugs to work out, it doesn't capture UAC prompts properly, and doesn't capture windows key keystrokes properly.

Mikogo has not been reliable

We demo or software remotely as part of our sales effort. It reflects very poorly on our product if we cannot conduct a demo because our meeting software is down. I was an early user of Mikogo and liked the product. Lately we have been affected by a number of outages and cannot risk using the service any longer. We paid for a year they don't remind any portion of that as they say they have met their 98% uptime service level. I am not sure how they calc uptime, but if they do it to their advantage they would come up with 8760 hours in a year, which would allow for 175 hours down. We can't as a company justify paying for a service that can be down that much, and unfortunately has been down a lot when we needed it.

Pros

It can do both remote support and online meetings

Cons

In our experience unreliable, screen quality poor, and sometimes our users has difficulty installing the client.

Great Software, Company attitude to customers not so great

Avoid, there are enough other companies out their with more honourable billing systems.

Pros

Product is easy to use, simple to install. Can be a little sluggish. It is probably the most user friendly of all the remote desktop sharing software that I have come across.

Cons

As a company BYS is only interested in getting your money. Their autorenewal policy is the worst I have come across, they charge your card and then invoice you afterwards. They do not send an email informing you that you are coming up for renewal. You must provide 3 months notification before they will accept your cancellation. Verbal agreements from the team are worthless.

Share, present and teach with Mikogo online screen sharing.

This is one of the best alternatives for conferencing or meeting through VoIP. There is no call number for India so you can use an app or browser to join the conference. The application itself is light and does run from the laptop so no need to high-end pc.

Pros

This workes with browser, that's a huge plus for me. No software installation for the client of any kind. you just browse and share your screen with the client for solving a problem or giving them a tutorial. The one to one and all other VoIP call working really well. I can use my lappy mic and speaker to do a VoIP call and schedule a training meeting. The free version does give us big flexibility and it is just enough for a small and midsize freelancer like me.

Cons

For voice call conferencing there is no number for India, which is really a down for me. As most of my customers are from INDIA.

Mikogo Makes It Simple to Share Your Screen Remotely

Pros

The most useful features of Mikogo include the quick and easy setup process, as well as the ability to share your screen via link and session key, making it easy to share and present your screen remotely even with non-technical users.

Cons

I don't think anything needs to be improved. This software is designed for ease and simplicity of use.

Best remote assist program there is

I have had nothing but excellent experiences with the software. The free version is more than enough for the personal use and the enterprise version is perfect for business.

Pros

It is the easiest from all the remote assist programs that are out there.

Cons

Mikogo could work a lot faster. There is a lot of delay between the two computers.

Useful for ad-hoc and recurring situations

In a situation where there would be value in connecting to someone's workstation or sharing their screen, you can get someone to connect to it fairly conveniently

Pros

It doesn't require you much effort in order to start using it on short notice, it's easy to get a non-technical user to follow the steps

Cons

When I've tried it on Mac i've had problems controlling the other persons mouse

Web demo made easy enough for a senior citizen to use

I have a startup and need to do live web demo to prospective customers. Our application runs on Linux but customers view the demo on Windows. Mikogo came to the rescue. The first demo went so well, and the cost is so minimal, that I upgraded to allow more viewers. The instructions for customers are so easy to follow that nontechnical people (I am in a medical education field) can join in my sessions without difficulty. My mikogo contact always answers questions very promptly. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 for functionality is due to a slight lag when playing real time video. If you don't require live video for your presentation, then mikogo is fine.

Thank you Florence!

After trying the software, not for us

Pros

I thought that the interface was very easy to use and get going, and it was great that it worked with windows machines. We had a client that was in a different state, and we needed them to see our screen while working on a project.

Cons

The frame rate on the other person's end was not idea. It needed to be much faster to stream live video from video editing software. We found that Skype was capable of doing the job better

Cheap but no support and difficulty connecting with customers

Worked good for awhile but went downhill fast

Pros

Inexpensive but there is a good (actually bad) reason for this and it has to do with quality. Easy to use when it works.

Cons

Very bad support, basically non-existent. Often could not connect to client computers. Sometimes it took customers 10 minutes+ to download. Continued billing my credit card after expiration. Couldn't reach billing department to straighten out charges.

SCAMMED FOR AN EXTRA YEAR OF SUBSCRIPTION

They do not send renewal notices. I cancelled minutes after it auto-renewed and they refuse to refund the renewal fee. They are basically strong-arming customers into an extra year of subscription. This is unethical and seems illegal.

Pros

the software was fine. there are others that are better.

Cons

It not as simple as others and customer support is non-existent.

Automatic renewal cancellation

Trying to cancel automatic renewal was impossible, as if they tried to make it as hard as possible to leave.

Pros

Worked well but it has limitations as Skype, Teams other more contemporary software come for free and offer more features

Cons

Almost 0 support. Invoices not issued automatically with renewal.

Mikogo is a very easy to use and stable platform for screen sharing applications. I only use Mikogo

I really do not have any cons as far as Mikogo is concerned. I love all the features and ease of use. The best part of Mikogo is that even a novice computer user can use Mikogo with ease. In my position as a Director for United American Insurance Co. I recommend Mikogo to the agents and I never get negative feedback, just positive response, even if they are not seasoned computer users. Thank you for all you do for us.

Cons

Very handy for small phone conferences

I use a free version of this product and think it's a wonderful tool

Pros

I love to use Mikogo for small conferences and meetings! It's easy to share my screen and pass controls to another presenter.

Cons

We have had some people have trouble with installing the software and had some issues with occasional lags.

Excellent for virtual teams

This is a really effective product for virtual teams. Only one person needs to download the software and the others can then be given a code. It makes it very quick and easy to do in the middle of a meeting. We've used it a lot, it's a really useful tool for our geographically disparate team.

Mikogo, Best Solution

After using several Remote support services I have finally settled on what I believe as the BEST. Mikogo far exceeds it's competitors on customer support and does exceptionally well with its ease of use for the non-computer literate. James S

Works Great

I have used Mikogo for client support (screen sharing and training) and found it totally satisfactory to all my needs.

Pros

Mikogo works like I expected. I needed some online screen share software that was not only easy to use bit was easy for my clients.

Cons

I didn't find any problems. The software worked as I expected.

Great Screen sharing software to collaborate. ONLY software that allows you to click on screen

I work with several traders and we share our screens with each other and we have the capability to click on an area of the screen and we all can see what everyone is clicking on. A huge plus!!

Scam

i want my money canceled service same day and they won't refund my money...

Pros

There are better software out there both free and paid, very choppy to use. but decided to get it to check out canceled same day and now cannot get my money.

Cons

choppy, slow, not as robust as other software I have used the price was good was the only thing, but used other freebies and they are better.