MarkSystems Reviews

MarkSystems

ERP software for home builders and construction businesses

MarkSystems

Traditions review

Pros

I have only used the software for approximately two months (I am a new employee), but it is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I have not come across anything yet, but I would like to know if certain Excel reports can be produced out of the software.

Option Coordintor with Purchasing and Estimating Department

Pros

I like the ease of price updates with exporting to Excel and the ability to import back in.

Cons

It doesn't quite work as well for the production builder who is really a semi-custom builder with a lot of changes.

Kartchner Homes

Pros

I like the awesome support and continued updates.

Cons

The price tag is hefty. This software is worth the price I'm sure; it's just hard to stomach the cost.

IHMS Executive Roundtable

Pros

Since I began using IHMS, I have learned that it is very user-friendly and a a great source of information.

Cons

The system works very well for the type of work that our company does.

Mark Systems review

Pros

It is the most integrated homebuilding software I have seen.

Cons

I would like to be able to print multiple companies without going into each report nine times.

IHMS review

Pros

All my information is on my iPad. There's no more searching for plans and work orders.

Cons

It's very slow to bring up individual POs thread for approval. The calendar is very jumbled and difficult to read.

Heavy User and Administrator

Pros

It's user-friendly and offers great access to database information.

Cons

My personal opinion is this product has a limited amount of reports, but the database information makes up for it.

IHMS Review

Pros

I love the fact you can access everything in one software product.

Cons

It's not iPad-friendly. So during selections, we are handwriting their colors in a Word document and then inputting them into IHMS.

My review of IHMS.

Pros

The software is very logical and easy to follow through the steps to accomplish a task.

Cons

Up until recently, it was hard to get a person for support.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have used Integrated Homebuilder at the last three companies I have been employed. I like the fact that you have the option of how detailed you want to be with them, you are not forced to use every module to its fullest extent. The modules are available if and when you want to use them.

Setup is difficult

Pros

The potential for the product is amazing, and I see that potential always.

Cons

Setup has been very difficult, and we received a lot of bad direction throughout the process. We are two years in and are redoing the setup for the third time to get the purchasing and job costing area correct. Support has been inconsistent, and we get different answers and advise from different people.

A somewhat decent builder software, but not 100% reliable.

Pros

I like how fairly easy it is to learn the basics of.

Cons

It isn't reliable. Almost every house we build has a random Work Order that was never issued. And it varies by trade. It isn't predictable, and nobody at Mark Systems can explain why it happens, but it does.

Lack of training

Pros

I like the fact that the entire company is tied together under one program. The vendor appears responsive.

Cons

Set up was not done properly, and we have spent the majority of time since up and running fixing issues. There is a lack of training for all employees.

K2C Building

The product is nice - longer learning curve was needed when it comes to making roof lines and 3d walkthroughs. Stairs were a bit tricky too. Overall the product is nice and was beneficial in terms of designing the home(s) and presenting the designs to customer(s).

Pros

Ease of installation and 3d capabilities.

Cons

WISH PRODUCT would be able to pull prices for items from big box stores (Menards, HomeDepot, Lowes) to help calculate material costs. Right now it is a lot of effort to enter these costs manually.