MeasureSquare Logo

Measure & takeoff estimating for flooring contractors

MeasureSquare Reviews

Suggested alternatives

houzz-pro
buildxact
autodesk-construction-cloud

The ease of use and the accuracy is quite good. Layouts are excellent for not only sales team but installers as well to know what the job in-tails before they get there.
Great product developed by wonderful people who care and work hard at constantly improving their product.
Software is very easy to use and very user friendly. I love how easy it is to train new estimators on your software.
I hate that I pay for the new version but still use an unsupported one but some day I guess I'll have to make the switch.
We have to figure it out on our own, or call support. Training is severely lacking with measure square.
I find the product choices to be awful and difficult to use. The worksheet is not user friendly either.

CM

Chad M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Measure Square Commercial Estimating software

Love it overall. An invaluable asset for any business involved in the estimating process as it saves time in estimating and material waste on each project.

Pros

The takeoff and estimating features are extremely beneficial when all the parameters are set up properly. This makes any changes made to the project much easier and efficient. I use the 3D feature extensively to be sure I am capturing all the products on the floors and the walls and is a complimentary aid to send the contractor/owner.

Cons

I would like to see a better wall layout when printing the Layout sheets. I would like the option to be able to print out the walls for each room laid out the same way as you see it when clicking "view wall" in the program, rather than being on the side. If I remember correctly, the older FEP programs had that feature.

DG

David G.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Flexible and Diverse

Once you get the hang of the program it's beautiful and easy to use. I've been able to do so many take-offs easily. I even use the program to confirm measurements or for personal projects not related to any take-offs. We used the program to design our own gym in the office. The amount of fine detail I can do with this program has been fantastic. I was able to design a football field with the hash marks. And get the proper amount of material required to get the job. We haven't had any issues when using the numbers provided from Measure Square.

Pros

Flexibility - I can plug in so many different product types for diverse take-offs. I love the ability to just add a very specific product. Being able to draw very specific rooms or even designing things like football fields or personal gyms with logos. Accuracy- Haven't had any issues with the proper amount of material being given to us. It's always been accurate

Cons

The only real con I can think of is it does take a bit of getting used to the program. It took a while before I had everything figured out. I watched a few youtube videos and practiced a few times until I understood how to navigate and use the program. I think it's initially a little overwhelming with options.

Ld

Leonardo d.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

MeasureSquare

Pros

I really like the program, we use it to take measurements of homes by creating 2D floor plans that are exported to be finished in AutoCAD. MeasureSquare is accurate and fast, as well as being easy to use.

Cons

The handwriting could be erased in parts, not whole.

CC

Craig C.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Happy User

Couldn’t be more pleased with the product and service we are provided by Measure Square!

Pros

I would not go back to the the graph paper method! This is a critical tool for our field staff.

Cons

Learning all the little things the program does and implementation of them.

NS

Nancy S.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Pretty good Product, but needs some tweaks.

Pros

Ease of Copying Room/Wall Products/Profiles--Big time-saver. Many nice features--Like "Underlayment". Great graphics. I still don't know where the "Flip a Room along the X or Y axis" tool is. It's great to have so many tools, I just don't know where to find them.

Cons

Elevation Tool difficult to use--for Grand Stairways/Auditoriums. I'd like to see a less cumbersome method of drawing Auditorium Stairs which have all tiers covered with vinyl tile or carpet. Rather than "nesting" various tools in "buttons" like "Shape/Edit" button, showing all of the tools singularly would be very helpful. I haven't used many of the tools because I cannot find them! I would like to see the "Set Self-Coving" tool default to the last height entered. i.e. 6" Manipulating cuts on SV or Carpet Rolls is a bit rugged. I'd like to see moving cuts more user-friendly.

RH

Robert H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

A 'Must-Have' for Flooring Professionals!

As a loyal user for many, many years I find the MeasureSquare Product invaluable. The Product saves me much needed time in creating a Project from creating Professional Quotes, Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Job Costings and especially legible Floor Plans. MeasureSquare also allows me to be incredibly organized keeping all my work digitally saved for future reference. I really cannot understand why anyone would want to do this 'old-school' with reams and reams of unfiled paperwork laying around.

Pros

How intuitive the Product really is. As you use it it becomes easier to use.

Cons

I still cannot figure out how to apply carpet baseboard to walls - like in M2 2015 Commercial. I don't know why - it's likely there but I just can't find out how.

NP

Neill P.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Best Software on the Market

Great software. Each update improves on the last

Pros

iOS Software is easy to use. Integration with laser measurer seamless.Very forgiving isf you make a mistake to simple to correct.

Cons

Windows commercial version a bit buggy. Windows integration with laser measurer temperamental at times. Desktop version amazing. Wouldn't take the windows version on a site measure. If you make a mistake it is faster to delete the room and start again than to try and fix.

BB

Brian B.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Measuresquare helped build our company Measureup

I have been using Measuresquare since the early days and the company is still asking for users opinions from both retailers, installers through to the consumers experience. This is one positive company

Pros

Measuresquare makes us money. No doubt! Ease of use and continual improvements. Measuresquare staff are enthusiastic and always keen to help.

Cons

I always heard of programs where you push one button and everything is done. I have not found one yet and Measuresquare is not one of them either. You still have to learn how to use it.

DI

Dale I.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Measure Square

Good except for above.

Pros

It does what we expect it to...................................

Cons

Not necessarily a Measure Square issue but we have never been able to link it to our software.

JP

Joe P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

MeasureSquare vs The Old

Pros

We liked the forward thinking of MeasureSquare and their team, they are always thinking of better ways to utilize their software. The software we used prior to MeasureSquare was the same estimating software it was 15 years ago, MeasureSquare has improved in the two years we have been using it. They also consistently ask us for feedback and ideas on how to improve their product.

Cons

The only complaint that I have had was that the system is very robust with so many functions available, we often do not know it's capabilities.

JW

Jamie W.

Estimation Excellence

Easy to pull up an old plan if a client is wanting additions or doing staged renovations.

Pros

Very easy to use software with excellent & quick take off, back up support with 1-1 tutorials available & YouTube clips with handy tips. Freedrawing functionality is second to none with the ability to triangulate & calculate walls which are hard to reach with a laser.

Cons

Could be helpful if there was a way to import new costings ie.. from an excel spreadsheet. Rather than having to input each item individually.

BH

Brandon H.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Simple and dynamic with the best support

Measuring a floor plan once and never having to measure it again, even when the customer's requested layout changes, has transformed our account managers' productivity and accuracy.

Pros

MeasureSquare is easy to learn, use and teach. But what's really impressed me with MeasureSquare is how dynamic the company and software have been and continue to be. They seek out suggestions from users like us, review and implement them. When we have support requests or questions, we get immediate and direct assistance. I couldn't be more satisfied with not just the product, but with the overall customer experience.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the software was a larger issue when we first started using and has become less of one. It's how much more developed the desktop version is than the iPad version. If a feature is available and used in desktop, it needs to be available and used in the iPad version, and vice versa.

Dd

Daniel d.

Highly recommend

A huge help to estimating and quoting, saves time and no problems with accuracy on the draws. Saving to the cloud is good feature.

Pros

I have used this software for over 4 years now, the option to transfer plans from Ipad to PC is fantastic. The accuracy of each drawing is a huge draw card for quoting, estimating and installing

Cons

Some of the smaller drawings can get overwhelmed with measurements, the cut sheet layout can be rather hectic/unorganized. Putting the the cut overlay of sheet products on the floor plan as an option would be a great update.

AM

Aaron M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

I use program this every day

Pros

There are many things that can be done with this software that other programs can't do. Whilst there are still a few things that would be good to be able to tweak, it still gives me all the information I need, and more.

Cons

At times you can put a fair bit of work into manipulating a layout that you wish to achieve, the wrong click of the button can undo all of it. A little bit less 'input' and resetting in the way of best-fit etc from the program at times would be welcomed.

JC

Josh C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great estimating tool, highly recommend!

Pros

I use Measuresquare mainly for estimating square footages for my take offs/bids. I also use it has a visual aid for my customers and for my installers. For me, software is very easy to use and straight forward. It's designed so that i can figure for all aspects of the job and i don't see any limitations for how i use it.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about this Software.

AD

Andrew D.

MeasureSquare is unrivaled

Pros

This software makes takeoffs for commercial floorcovering projects easy. It is intuitive and the features it provides are far superior to Callidus.

Cons

There is a slight issue with the calculation of rolls of sheet vinyl where it sometimes tells you one less than you actually need. We know about the issue and review the rolls and cuts on sheet vinyl jobs.

JA

Joyette A.

Design,

Best flooring estimating software you can find

Pros

- user friendly, even for someone who barely knows flooring estimating, doesn't have to be a computer savvy too - each estimating process is easy to understand - worksheet is pretty simple and not confusing compared to other estimating software - there are different options on how you can estimate a particular product so ones you get the hang of it, you can choose to use what best works for you - so many time saving features that help you produce more estimates

Cons

I have a wishlist instead; first being able to show and estimate protruding walls or niches on walls without using takeoff tool, being able to estimate uneven height of walls from wall properties, and show the actual images of carpet as well instead of just tiles - useful for large jobs like hotels and hospitals

MM

Matt M.

Solid Product

Pros

I like the features and functionality and find that it measures accurately for the most part.

Cons

Trying to fit an coordinate the carpet pieces is not easy. It recalculates all of the rooms whenever you move one thing, erasing a lot of work. The mobile software needs greatly improved.

AT

Alexandru T.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Measure Square for takeoff.

I do flooring takeoffs; the quality is ok; however, it does not rise to Callidus quality.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, and acceptable speed.

Cons

Can't divide a room after it is digitized, have to reset the "options" every time I start a session, it takes minutes to start when I open a session.

BV

Brad V.

Fineline Review

It has been career changing for myself. Once I got into the takeoff aspect MS2 of back in 2004 I slowly got out of the flooring installation end of it and immersed myself solely into the mastery of MS2 and never looked back.

Pros

The 3D is top notch and is priceless when it comes to elevations.

Cons

I have nothing I honestly say I dislike.

DT

Debora T.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

Please add to the proposal.

Pros

i have enjoyed using Measure Square. I like the ease of using it.

Cons

I would like for Measure Square to include in the proposals a column of how many sq. ft. or yds. are in a box of material. That was very useful in the old version, and I would like it back.

RS

Robert S.

Measuresquare review: Robert Skaggs, Vector Concepts Inc

Pros

Takeoff, elevations, wall stacks, dividers, doors, split room by region

Cons

It is difficult to integrate with my business process. The capability is there, however there are a few things that make it difficult to integrate a take off into Job runner.

MT

Michael T.

Tile Contractor Review

More take offs, less time and very accurate tool!

Pros

This software is easy to learn and to implement. Take offs are much quicker and very accurate.

Cons

Little difficulty when I need to include ceiling tile in an area. Im sure there is a way to make it happen, but I just haven't had the time to ask for help in this aspect, as of yet.

BF

BILL F.

FLOORING

Pros

FAIRLY EASY TO USE, DOES NOT INTEGRATE INTO SYSTEMS EASILY

Cons

SHOULD BE ABLE TO SELECT MULTIPLE ADD ONS AT ONE TIME WHEN ATTACHING TO MATERIALS SHOULD HAVE A "DO NOT ASK ME AGAIN" FUNCTION WHEN REPLACING MATERIALS IN PROGRAM DRAWING

BT

Bruce T.

Great product

Love it, great customer support. All around great company and product

Pros

Works great with blueprint take offs and just as smooth on site measuring .

Cons

Entering all the products in , Very time consuming. Not the programs fault, I am slow at typing.