NCR Counterpoint Logo

NCR Counterpoint Reviews

User ratings

3.6

• Likelihood to recommend6.56/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The feature I like most about this software is that I can favorite reports and functions to my home page for easy navigation every day. I also like that I can customize my reporting.
Sabrina helps us maintain, develop and keep up our website, and she is terrific. They are responsive and helpful, and really try to help us understand and solve problems.
At the time of service, customer service was great. Always someone available to help which is very important.
Updates are expensive and require additional installation expenditures. The vendor charges some ludicrous prices for supplies, and they are expensive on support.
It has made our life harder, and we are losing business because we are spending so much time dealing with constant problems with the system.
The documentation is terrible. The user forum is truncated to one year of comments and not monitored by NCR, so there is no answer to requestions.
How would you rate NCR Counterpoint?

User friendly but not very practical

As a Buyer & Inventory Control Manager I have to use it on a daily basis but it does not serves my purpose on a larger scale.

Pros

User Friendly, Easy to use

Cons

Not compatible with many scanners and RFID's.

Very Useful for Retail Management

Pros

It is very easy to organize what you need to do across multiple accounts for office workers and salespeople. Having it store every transaction is definitely the best aspect needed for all POS software.

Cons

There's nothing wrong with the software that I've encountered at all.

One of the Most Functional POS

Pros

NCR Counterpoint is an amazing product, i can customize anything on this tool. Reports could be done smoothly and quickly.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this product, it was a great experience for me. I highly recommend it.

Customer is God

Pros

This pos is designed to keep in mind the customers so it is very easy to use and operate and also provide good customer support

Cons

Need to enhance more features. Need to work on processing time so that processing would take less time.

Installation Support

Pros

The very friendly and knowledgeable staff. (OneStepRetail) Systems ability to perform all aspects of POS and Inventory management.

Cons

Expensive, although I don't have much to compare it too. There seems to be multiple on-going costs for hosting server, CSS, etc.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a retail gift/novelty/tobacco store that has used this software for eight years. This software is expensive, tech support is very expensive, and in our experience, tech support charged us even for informing them of bugs and glitches. When we tried to enter tax codes on loyalty cares for Missouri, they went against the Department of Revenue codes, but our understanding is that there is no...

Great Product

Love the inventory features, truly has a great interface thats almost as easy to use as an iPhone. I love the customer service features that help you remember your customers, market to them. The text to cell phone alert is very helpful especially to keep my employees on time!

Still waiting...

Customer service is practically non-existent, and when we do get to talk to reps, they give us conflicting information. One person told us that there was no way to deduct past payments and still charge full sales tax, but another person suggested we create house accounts to fix the problem. That's great, but they sent us the procedure for NCR Silver Restaurant version, and that's not the software we're using. We're not a restaurant. We've been paying for three months and have yet to ring up our first order. I asked them to refund us since we're not up and running, but they said it's their policy to begin charging as soon as we receive the equipment (it doesn't matter if the stuff wasn't even out of the box). So disappointed in this POS system. We feel like we've been bamboozled!

Pros

The inventory system is great. The spreadsheets make it easy to update inventory and vendor information.

Cons

We're not sure how to deduct past layaway payments, store credit, and gift certificates and still charge the customer the correct sales tax. We've been waiting for customer service to call us back with the "fix" for two months.

Easiest software ever

I have been using counterpoint for eight years, I have learned the back and technical customizations part and it can't be done by almost anyone.

Pros

Very easy to use

Cons

There is very little to not like.

Good for simpler needs, but is slow for more complex tasks

Pros

It's easy to check on inventory at our home and remote locations. Payment processing is straightforward. Printing labels and price tags is simple.

Cons

It's difficult to reprint old invoices or find the history of a product without clicking on menus, some of which are cryptically named. It is slow during peak usage times.

Takes too much time to customize and setup.

Pros

Extremely customizable. has a lot of flexibility but be prepared to spend lots of time setting it up

Cons

Need a full time programmer to keep things running.

Has reliability and stability issues

Pros

It is better than using a ledger and pencil. It is relatively easy to see store inventory. It runs on lower end systems.

Cons

It freezes and crashes regularly despite efforts to fix or patch it.

Counterpoint

Pros

Can't think of anything in particular that I like.

Cons

The system is not user friendly and the reports and help are not intuitive or easily customizable

It's overly complicated and highly priced!

Pros

I cannot say anything nice about this product. There are many things we don't like about this product.

Cons

The system is overly complicated and confusing. We upgraded from their other version. The version 7 that we had before was simple to operate. In the other system, most of the functions was on the same menu. In this system, you now have to go through three to four different menus to get to the same thing, which takes time. The system runs very slowly and will stop for no apparent reason. It lacks key features; it doesn't even have a users manual. If you need to go to the help screen, the system will tell you what it is but not say how to use it.

NCR Counterpoint

it is very useful and has everything we need. Like log in account to every employees and easy to track every transactions. Meanwhile, it can be able to create an account to businesses is useful to track transactions.

Pros

ease to manage over the network and easy assign to every computer.

Cons

keep the option of log in and off on every transaction on every employees and it can be slow.

Ariday's Review

NCR is a great system. I loved how it worked with my company, and I have seen it at other big companies like our local grocery shop. It is highly recommended.

It's everywhere

I have seen this system almost everywhere I go. It works perfectly with small and big companies as well. Using this system will help your company big time.

Nothing very special

It gets the job done, but not in any way that really sets it apart from the other POS systems I have tried. Additionally our IT team seems to have a hard time getting any new features rolled out

NCR POS

I have been using NCR Aloha POS systems for over 8 years. They are easy to use, functional and overall good price for the quality.

NCR POS Retail @ Play

Pros

Flexibility and customization of software. User-friendly platforms. Tech-driven hardware and tools. Great customer service.

Cons

NCR is very expensive service and product. It's not ideal for small businesses or upstarts.

NCR POS review

Pros

I like the ease of use. Trouble shooting and technical help are just a phone call away.

Cons

Nothing so far. It's been easy to use without much technical difficulty.

It has been a bad transition from Counterpoint on line.

I can't wait to switch over to something new. I am getting no resolution on my issues and all I get from support is no support at all.

Pros

Cons

I have experience problems with all aspect of this software. Orders are being lost and irretrievable. pricing is not moving from counterpoint to the website. WE have to manually import orders. very unhappy

NCR software

Pros

I like their history and reliability. They are continually making updates and fixes.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs, and incorporating the software internally can be challenging.

This reviewer only left a rating

NCR Counterpart offers flexibility, which no one else can assure you for your business. The online shopping cart option also adds an extra advantage to the credibility of the software. The only shortcoming that i found quite unnecessary is the restricted use (IOS peripherals), but I'm sure that it will be overcome soon.

Helps improve bottom line

Pros

Well-designed software program. It's intuitive to use, and it's very easy to use and train employees.

Cons

Some unnecessary software that we do not use in our daily use.