All categories

Retreat Booking Guru

Online booking software for the wellness industry

Retreat Booking Guru Reviews

Pros

Amazing software making our bookings team life simple and effective and our customers happy.

Charlie E.

Marnie J.

I'm very pleased to be working with such a great group of people and highly competent professionals and would recommend their product and services without hesitation.

Karin G.

Elizabeth D.

Lorne H.

No real cons...maybe there could be more templates or formatting options.

Kelly V.

4.8

Amazing, efficient, easy to use.

Easy book and retreat set-up as well as group rental management

Pros

The customer service and it's easy of use. The people at Retreat Guru are all doing a wonderful job and it's always a pleasure to know we have their responsive, competent, friendly support.

Cons

It could use more pricing features. But that is coming. It's always evolving around user needs and that's why this software only gets better.

Great Retreat Booking Software

Having retreatants and program participants be able to register and pay online has been something both they and we have wanted for a long time. As soon as it went live, we had people using it and happy to do so. That cut back on the number of phone calls and the time spent on manual registrations done by our staff--a big help to us! People really appreciate being able to register/pay online; it saves them time too. We think our income has increased, but haven't done a complete analysis yet. I'd be surprised if it doesn't show an increase--which is important to us even though we are a nonprofit. Guru has been a big success for us and we are very glad to have found it!

Pros

It does about 97% of what we want to do with it, an excellent piece of software. I think with feedback from users to developers it should soon do 100% of what we want. It is on the complex side from user's point of view, but what we need done is complex, so that's no surprise. The setup and training is also excellent--we felt we had the undivided attention of the person who worked with us to decide...

Cons

Some of the language does not fit *our* retreat ministry, although I'm sure it's perfect for others. In some cases the language could be changed, but in others we just have to live with it. Guru representatives helped us change as much as they could, certainly. Don't know how easy it would be to make changing language more flexible, but that would be helpful to us. One problem that keeps cropping up is that each registration is tied to an i.d. number, so that if someone registers often for our retreats and programs, s/he sometimes ends up with more than one i.d. I think this is something that needs more work in order for it not to be so labor-intensive on the user end.

Well intentioned but the outcome looks like a scam: they're selling spots on full retreats

Terrible

Pros

It seems like they have cool retreats, but you can never know if you can trust them.

Cons

I wanted to book a retreat in Morocco and paid the deposit, thinking it would reserve my spot. I then booked my flights and afterwards received an email telling me that paying the deposit does not confirm your spot because the retreat center might not be available in those dates and recommended not to book my flights until I received confirmation from the retreat center. It turned out those dates were...

Awesome system, no more worries

Aside from the great software, I'm really impressed with the team and customer service. Whenever I encounter a hiccup or have a question, the retreatGuru team is available within a short period of time, and always happy to help.

Pros

That it's very customisable. Beforehand we had booking systems that could do either a hotel functionality OR retreats with set dates, but not both. That made things very complicated. Now with retreatGuru, after initially investing the time to set it up properly now it's super easy to use. Love it!!

Cons

That it takes up quite a bit of data to load each site. When I work from home or use my mobile hotspot, I have limited/expensive internet and it really drains a lot of my precious MBs to load each page. Maybe that could be optimised over time. if you have unlimited Internet it's not an issue though...

I love working RetreatGuru - professional, friendly and great service!

Helps organize all our clients and availability.

Pros

I like that all records and data are well organized, accessible and recorded for future reference. I also like the reports - easily customizable! It works very well for hotels and retreat centers. And customer service is excellent!

Cons

We are a retreat company without one location - this software works best for a hotel or retreat center. Some aspects of the software are user-friendly - some things a bit less.

Best Retreat Booking Software there is!

We love the responsiveness of the Retreat Guru team. We are more secure with this software and features than any other product we have used. You guys really built a solid product, it is simple to use yet it has all the features that we need

Pros

It's responsiveness and simplicity

Cons

Reports could be more easy to use and more functional

Thank you Nathaniel for your feedback. We are so glad you are happy with your experience, and we wanted to let you know that in the latest version of our software the reporting capability within the Registrations section just became more robust, and easier to use. This is part one of a host of improvements you'll see in the coming months to the various reporting features in the software.

Awesome booking system, easy to use and lots of customizable features

We've been using Booking Guru for our yoga retreat registrations for 6 months and we absolutely love it. It has significantly simplified the registration process for our clients, and we love having everything automated and all the information in one place for easy tracking and reporting. It syncs seamlessly with our online payment system. We love being able to customize and configure questions, emails, coupon codes, pricing, add-on purchases and deposits for each retreat, and the waiting list feature is fantastic and saves us so much time not having to track it all offline in spreadsheets. The customer support team is really helpful and always responds to our questions within a couple of hours. We're thrilled to have found this system!

Game Changer

I have been using this software now for over a year and it's a game changer! It streamlines everything giving you so much time to focus on other areas of your business. Best investment I've ever made!

Pros

Everything!

Cons

The team is so pro-active and quick to act on my constructive feedback that there are no cons.

What a lifesaver!

Our experience with Retreat Booking Guru has been exceptional. We've just started to use the product and it's already saving us tons of time, which frees us up to work on things that produce revenue and help us run a more profitable business. Plus, it's so easy to get all the data we need, in one place. Goodbye Excel spreadsheets!

Pros

Extremely easy to use, extremely well-thought out. Saves us TONS of time and money.

Cons

Nothing I don't like about it.

Back-end: - Super easy to use - Effective way to manage bookings and finances - Saves a lot of time from previously using spreadsheets Customer-end - Simple and effective booking process - Easy payment integration with Stripe - Easy to navigate and choose rooms General - Much better than adapting a hotel or other Wordpress based booking service to retreats. Simply put, it's made for retreats, and the exact functionality we need it for is there.

Cons

This is a marvelous organization and product to work with.

From the time I first reviewed Retreat Guru's promotional materials I was impressed. Since we have gone operational with the system the tracking and booking of individuals seeking our Retreat Center experience has improved greatly and allowed time and attention to be allocated to other important customer service areas. The training and support is wonderful. There is no perfection in anything but this team is always helping and listening about ways to improve the functionality of the system. This is money well invested and returned time and time again.

Pros

It simple operating system and the great support.

Cons

All issues that have arisen have been handled in a swift and professional fashion. No cons.

Exceeded our expectations!

Pros

The features and support team are amazing! We are continuously blown away and happy with the ongoing support. A big Hawaiian 'Mahalo' to you!

Cons

There were a few tiny glitches here and there, but nothing really worth commenting on. When these did happen to occur, the support team were quick to be right onto it and update us once fixed.

Wish we'd found this software years ago!

We are a busy yoga retreat and training centre and Retreat Guru has significantly helped streamline our booking system and communication with clients, saving time and improving efficiency. Guests can see room availability at the time of booking and often upgrade and include add-ons that previously weren't offered at the time of booking, which has seen our revenue jump considerably! We couldn't be happier with the features and customer support - we have even had a few new little features that we've requested added to the system! We are only a few months into using the program and we wish we'd found this software years ago!

Cons

The best decision I ever made.

Pros

It is easy, efficient & intuitive. You always have support when you need it and they are constantly improving it and making it better.

Cons

Powerful tool with lots of options

Combined the work of three+ programs into one and made life simpler. We're still learning how to use the tool and some surprises have cropped up but the support has been fantastic throughout our on-boarding process.

Pros

This makes our rental contract work so much easier! It is also great for holding program registrations and creating event listings. I love how powerful the financial/administrative back end is and I love the friendly customer service staff.

Cons

Not crazy about the lack of visual customization on the event listing view. We've gotten some help from tech support on this but I wish I had more control of the layout and styles.

Retreat Guru has been a wonderful experience. Everything about it is helpful. Many, many thanks!

Pros

We really love the intuitive nature of this software. It has been easy to learn and use. When we've had questions, Retreat Guru staff have been kind, helpful, and very generous with their time. The software has been a huge help to our registration process. It makes the system easy for us and for our guests.

Cons

The one drawback is registration for one day only. We have a Lunch and Tour program that does not involve an overnight stay. Right now, Retreat Guru does not allow for a one-day program, so registering for it is confusing to us and to our guests. We look forward to the day when the software is set up for this.

Super easy to navigate. At this point don't think I could run this part of my business w/o it.

Pros

I love all of it.. its purpose fulfills mine And, the add on feature for taking other purchases besides registrations.

Cons

Hard to figure out how to repeat a program w/o tech support. But not really a problem because cust support rep, she is the best and you should give her a raise and a promotion:)

Great Software and Customer Service

Pros

Retreat Guru has enabled us to maintain around 85-95% occupancy the entire high season with the dual group and personal retreat functionality! So it has been a huge success, as well as the integration of wellness services and packages has been working incredible well. We are really enjoying the functionality of Retreat Guru for our needs, and I appreciate the new Accounting Reports that I can run for each month also.

Cons

Still looking forward to a proper POS integration and integration with our Xero Accouting Software.

A must for any retreat or workshop organizer with multiple events!

I implemented this software at the end of 2015 and can't believe the difference it makes in managing my time and events. Before I would have to translate the online booking form to an excel spreadsheet, create an invoice, process the payment, etc etc....all manually and taking up to 45 minutes per guest registration. This software is a game changer! And the back end is an organizer's dream come...

Cons

Retreat.Guru is the perfect software for retreat booking.

After retreat.guru team fix the mobile design, it's start looking great on any device. Support experience is good, especially personalised VIP manager. Team always improve the software and its getting better and better. Highly recommend for booking solution.

Cons

Hi Slava - Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to report that last week we released a new version of our software. Your previous feedback about our mobile design helped us to make several much-needed changes to our multi-device compatibility. The registration process is now more visually appealing on mobile phones and tablets. We are also grateful that you have decided to return to us as a client after these changes have been made. We appreciate the email you sent to us this week letting us know that in your search you haven't found any software systems that compare to Retreat Booking Guru. :)

Efficient, Adaptive, Flexible, Responsive

Retreat Booking Guru has helped us streamline administration in that we are now able to implement a much more thorough screening process which allows us to engage much more responsibly in ensuring the safety of our guests. We are much more organized and can handle a lot more now with guest registration details, payments, and medical records maintained all in one place. The RBG system has allowed our...

Cons

Timesaving - Less administrative hassle.

Pros

Ease of use. Retreat Guru is providing an amazing service and at the heart of this, they are creating an essential infrastructure for the awakening Consciousness that is happening throughout the world.

Cons

Nothing, so far. Its still evolving, along with the rest of the world. From our side, as we do not have a retreat facility, the large photos of the rooms are unnecessary.

Easy to learn for admin staff, easy to use by potential program participants.

Operational friendly, saves time.

Pros

Functionality gives flexible program registration set up to customize to program coordinating team's goals.

Cons

few minor qualities such as cannot set limit on discount codes used and registration questions cannot block a registration depending on answer submitted such as course pre-reqs are not met.

Phenominal booking/listing system for retreat centers

I've spent the last year looking for a solution for our retreat centers online booking and program management issues. After 7 (yes seven) interviews with some VERY expensive PMS/Booking systems (eg. Room Key PMS, InnRoad etc.) and I finally found Retreat Booking Guru. This software has replaced our our booking system, our retreat listing system, our property management system and our Filemaker Database in one easeful swoop. The ease of use combined with the unparalleled customer service makes Retreat Booking Guru one of the greatest assets I've come across.

Cons

Amazing software and friendly professional service

I have a retreat centre in Colombia and working with the staff at Retreat Guru has been with ease. They are fun, loving, real and very professional to work with. They take the time to train you how to use the systems over the telephone or Skype and there product is constantly becoming better for the users. I would recommend these guys to anyone !

Pros

Easy to use does not crash clean cut and easy to make branded with your individual web page needs always growing