RemotePC Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.19/10

Reviews by rating

From start to finish , contacted helpdesk , super fast reply , purchase was very easy , price was amazing and download and set up was easy.
Really good integration and compatible to use with multiple team members. Viewing and sharing files is easy and the design is amazing.
I like that it was an inexpensive way to gain secure access to my clients computers. We use it to access QuickBooks Desktop on our clients computers, so we can do work for them remotely.
I didn't appreciate them and switched to Teamviewer and it was the worst experience EVER. There's no way the Teamviewer reviews are real.
Compared to teamviewer and go to assist, this software is slightly slow and lags a bit.

Christian C.

Network Technician

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

RemotePC Review: Remote Pc's Ease of Use and Price is Great!

Transcript

Christian: My name is Christian. I am a network technician with Florida Medical Clinic in Tampa, Florida....

Honey W.

Founder and CEO

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

RemotePC Gave Me Freedom!

Transcript

Honey: Hi, my name is Honey, and I am a content marketer. I work from home, and sometimes I have to travel,...

Honey W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

RemotePC Gave Me Freedom!

For me, RemotePC is a great solution when I'm away from home and need to work, but also need to be able to access information, files or other programs stored on a computer at home.

Pros

I work from home, running my own freelance writing business, and I primarily use a desktop computer. Whenever I traveled to visit family, I was able to continue working on my laptop, but I often needed files, images or other information that was only on my desktop. I did some research and found RemotePC and decided to try it. I really liked that it was easy to set up and use, even for non-techies. It gave me reliable access to everything on my desktop computer at home, but with the freedom and mobility of using my laptop when I traveled.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative...every experience I had with the software went smoothly, and it always worked when I needed to use it. I never even needed to contact support, but it's there if you ever need it.

LS

LUCIANA S T.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

I wish I knew them before!!

I just wish I knew this before. I used an expensive program before (logmein) and things were slow.

Pros

connection is way better than the product I used to use, fast and easy

Cons

so far nothing, everything seen to be great. but once someone connects we can't see anything different on the screen to alarm that another user is in.

BL

Brian L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

SImple, easy to use product.

Pros

This program is easily downloaded and used.

Cons

It's a little slow when running remotely.

JP

James P.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Don't ever rely on this software!!

Overall experience is poor, have had several time consuming chat sessions and the answer is always to "update to the latest version" - which makes no difference.

Pros

I liked the appeal of the price.... but I soon learnt you get what you pay for!

Cons

Unreliable, don't ever install this where remote access to a machine is critical - it will let you down! Buggy, crashes all the time with various software exceptions, file transfer is is a guessing game as to whether it will do it/has done it, client machines continuously need the software processes killing via task manager and then re starting to get it to work - this is exaggerated on pcs with multiple user accounts as switching users seems to cause it to hang consistently. Also has a habit of reporting that a session is in progress when it is not. I was a Logmein user for years before switching to this product so no stranger to remote software. Logmein might be more expensive but it is in a completely different league to RemotePC

Hi, we'd like to look into this for you and get this working properly. Can you please email us at publicrelations@idrive.com

BP

Bob P.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Outstanding product - Do NOT overlook because of low cost

Outstanding, use every day and not had a single issue.

Pros

Very simple product to download and install. Simple setup, easy to add administrators, extremely fast, and remote full duplex printing without any additional setup. What a refreshing experience. After struggling and accepting the high price lousy support of Teamviewer this is an excellent product. At this point the only thing I cannot comment on is support, as I have not needed them for anything all done alone.

Cons

Nothing so far it is wonderful, no complaints

KJ

Kenneth J.

Accounting, self-employed

Low pricing for an good Remot program

Great low price for an simuler program as competitors, easy to use and install filesharing is easy and fast. I have used it for a couple of mounth and haven´t found any negative issues yet. I will definitely stay with this program

Pros

Easy remote acces and fast file transfer video acces without lagging

Cons

you have to remember to mark remote cursor befor connecting to remot pc

TB

TJ B.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Best remote pc app I've used

Pros

Very easy to setup and use across multiple computers. Plenty of options for performance like turning off backgrounds or aero theme to increase speeds. Easy to switch between multiple screens. Works as intended and I even like it better than the other guys that are available. Gir the price it's hard to beat.

Cons

Haven't found anything I dislike about the product.

DG

Danielle G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Quality Product

Pros

We love how user friendly RemotePC is and how accessible it makes our work even when we are not in the office

Cons

We do not have any complaints about RemotePC

AL

Andrew L.

Real Estate, self-employed

Quality software if you're looking to manage apple or microsoft computers

Pros

Very easy to set up, provided you're doing so on the correct systems.

Cons

RemotePC does not function with chromebooks.

SJ

SUNIL J.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

easy to use

Pros

easy to use and value for money . recommend this

Cons

easy to use and value for money, will continue using it

SL

Stan L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

A great product for a reasonable price.

Remote access and remote file transfer are both easy and relatively reliable, with the exception of what I mentioned under "cons". Security is good. Feature set seems good, even if I don't think I'll be using a number of the other available features. Great value for the product.

Pros

I appreciate both the ease of use of the product and it's constant security to ensure that whomever is trying to access a given machine is authorized to do so.

Cons

The software can sometimes randomly disconnect during a session and needs to reconnect or I need to close the window and reconnect. It's not often, and not a critical problem, but I've notice it has happened on a few of the remote control sessions that I've done so far. Perhaps the software need a slightly better timeout/critical action handling function to more seamlessly deal with this type of situation so it's less obvious/intrusive to the user. I'm not on low-bandwidth connections, so that doesn't seem like it's the issue.

IG

Ireshyn G.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple, cheap Remote access software

Great remote access for a fraction of the cost of others such as TeamViewer and AnyDesk.

Pros

Price. Ease of use. Works across multiple devices and operating systems.

Cons

Sometimes file transfer is slow and interrupts and needs to be restarted.

DK

David K.

RemotePC - Solid, fast, easy to implement

Pros

I used the product several years ago, and it was good, but now it is excellent! It is very fast, easy to install, reliable, and the screens are well-designed and intuitive. Remote functions, file transfer, printing - all very solid.

Cons

I had trouble accessing the newer "performance" version on one system. I believe the fault was with a virus protection software. It only took a few minutes with tech support (whom I was able to reach quickly) to resolve the issue.

GR

George R.

Financial Services, self-employed

Best remote desktop app

Very good, I use the product daily and are very happy with it.

Pros

Makes it so easy to control my main PC remotely, while it runs large programs.

Cons

It took me a while to work out how to change plans, both upgrade and down grade.

RS

Rodrigo S.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Best value for money!

I live in Argentina, with a huge economical crisis, inflation a devaluation of our currency. The argentine peso has no value and access to anything from outside is expensive for us. I found in RemotePc a great software at an offordable price. Thank you, RemotePc!

Pros

Everything is a PRO, it´s straightforward, easy setup and use. It´s fast and stable.

Cons

Nothing so far, everything goes smoothly with RemotePc

KK

Kevin K.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Remote working made possible for everyone

In the short time that we had to switch our co-workers to allow them to work remotely at home, RemotePC really became a clutch tool since we were able to deploy it fast, and also because it had such a low learning curve, people who wasn't so computer savvy were able to work seemlessly.

Pros

We were pleasantly surprised on how easy it was to deploy this software to all of our users when we had to switch to a remotely operated work environment. Even people who weren't pro computer users, were able to easily login and start controlling their work PCs at home.

Cons

If there was a drawback, I would say the speed, but this is the problem with all remote desktop softwares. With RemotePC, you can at lease control it in a way so that you can slightly reduce the visual quality if you need the boost of speed.

AN

Alex N.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Inexpensive trouble free remote desktop access

Very positive. Our company was looking for a inexpensive solution to enable our employees to access on premise computers for the few remaining applications we run that do not offer a easy way to access without being directly on the company intranet. RemotePC is a bit slower to establish a connection to a remote desktop compared to other applications we have used, but once connected there are no speed issues so it is a more than acceptable compromise considering the price.

Pros

RemotePC is a basic remote desktop platform offered at a fantastic price. It will allow a user to access any number of PCs remotely through any web browser and includes multimonitor support. A simple low cost solution to providing remote desktop access to your employees.

Cons

The website can be a bit slow and sometimes the initial connect to your remote PC might take a minute to be established.

IS

Ivy S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Would be great if it worked consistently

My overall experience is one of disappointment. It's reasonably priced and has good representation on the mobile side, but until I can trust it fully I've got to work up another solution for my remote access.

Pros

The price is great, especially with the discounts they run. It's easy to setup, the interface is clean and modern, and the phone/mobile apps are fairly well designed.

Cons

I can't trust it. I need 100% to know that when I connect remotely to the pc that it isn't going to just black out the screen and behave oddly. When I connect via other means to the active session that RemotePC has blacked out it shows as normal. I've tried on clean systems after contacting support and the same thing occurs. Disappointing.

Hi, thank you for the review. Please email us at publicrelations@idrive.com so we can assist you with this issue.

BR

Bob R.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Remote Access

RemotePC has been super easy to deploy. The speed is very responsive. I am access a dual monitor computer, so RemotePC is very easy to switch between monitors on the remote desktop.

Pros

Ease of deployment, very fast and secure.

Cons

So far, I have not found any downsides to RemotePC.

MA

Muhammad A.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Cheapest yet the best on the market!

Cheapest yet the best on the market. Very fast connection. Simple interface. Easy to use. Very good support team. 24/7 live chat from real agent.

Pros

Firstly, the price is just so affordable. Second, one of the pc got problem connecting at first due to ISP problem, within days, RemotePC team have given new update just to tackle this. Since then I have no problem connecting anymore.

Cons

Basically nothing for now. It's working so well I don't have anything to not like about it.

MC

Mandel C.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Best Remote Ever

It has been amazing! Affordable, simple, easy! The price is insanely better than anywhere.

Pros

Multi monitor function is so simple and works amazing! Printing is quick and easy.

Cons

There are no cons to this software. It makes all other remotes look like junk.

JB

Jerrica B.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Getting it done from afar

Pros

I use this to have access to multi-site IT work in remote places. It is incredible to use for quick IT work and fixes to other's computers when in need. I love using it! Once it is set up, I have never had an issue with getting access to a computer to help out. Even remote printing is fantastic.

Cons

I was the file sharing/transfer was more streamlined. It is a bit faulty to use at time.

JR

Jason R.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Great product and reasonable price.

Great experience and great value.

Pros

I use remote desktop for support and for remote work when I'm away from the office. It is easy to use and it is a great value.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to discuss so far.

MS

Mary S.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

I can keep up with the craziness of medical approvals and appointments et al. There is always a blue feather that someone somewhere requires that I go in quest of.

Pros

RemotePC is like a service I used more than 20 years ago and is about the same price for one person. I wanted a service that I could use with a web browser when I was at a motel provided computer or at the homes of friends or family. My current webmail site for my domain name is very bad-long story. And yet I need my email because multiple doctors are sending me many links to go to portals for instructions and these are very time sensitive at this point. Putting an App on someone else's computer won't work. The Lite connection is such a blessing. Nothing like working with your own email program and having access to your files, even your browsing history. I am relieved. I love it.

Cons

The Mac mouse doesn't work well with the Lite connection. Non Mac mice work fine. Maybe my daughter's Mac is just too old, but I can't get the application for connection to open. Happy to just use Lite on the Mac.

CC

Cheryl C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

It doesn't take a college degree to use Remote PC

I called my IT specialist to recommend a remote service. He said, Remote PC. I used Remote PC through the Pandemic. When I returned back to work onsite I no longer needed it. I let the subscription run out. Circumstances came about that I had to work remotely again. Again I called my IT and he still recommended Remote PC so here I am again.

Pros

It is easy to use and install. It is so affordable I choose to install on both of my computers.

Cons

The font on the screen is a little smaller