Float Cash Flow Reviews

Float Cash Flow

Real-time cash flow forecasting for Xero, FreeAgent and QBO

4.78/5 (49 reviews)

Pros
  • On top of that, the Float team is very responsive, friendly, and helpful.Brianna B.Read the full review
  • It's very sleek, fast, and user-friendly. The interface is great, the syncing is flawless.Brianna B.Read the full review
  • The interface is generally easy to understand. The cash flow reports display is awesome.Ryan P.Read the full review
Cons
  • The inability to use more than one type of currency is a difficulty most of the times. But it is all tolerable, given the feature of the software.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Its a bit expensive but cheaper than the time needed to calculate manually. Adding new budget items is a little confusing.Ryan P.Read the full review
  • No Excel-like bulk-edit for scenarios except base.Nick H.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Glen Chamberlain

Float

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Float provides crystal clear visibility on our cashflow. Something we had always struggled with in the past.

Pros
Ease of use, clarity of information. Focus.

Cons
Nothing in particular.

Andrew Kidd

Why wouldn't you?

Reviewed 2019-06-24

I've loved it since I first got involved, over 3 years ago. I can't imagine life without it!

Pros
The ability to be Agile with my financial modelling, to allow me to make tactical decisions, without violating strategic objectives.

Cons
If I had to say, it would be price. The tool is probably of most use to SME's and the entry price point should be more like £20 / month

Peter Smith

Excellent Software

Reviewed 2020-04-01

As an SME it has allowed us to get on top of our cashflow and is an invaluable tool.

Pros
It is very easy to use and integrates very well with Xero.

Cons
It would be good to allow: - Scenario layers to be used as a base layer for a second scenario that is a variation of the first scenario. - PDF exports from the cash flow and daily breakdown pages that retain the page format.

Sandeep Kumar, CPA, CGA

Great tool for simple cash flow management, and even better to get rid of manual Excel tracking!

Reviewed 2018-05-02

Better cash flow overview, minimizes the need for Excel.

Pros
Float easily integrates with Xero, allows you to easily configure which banks get synced for display purposes, and provides excellent insight into the sources of cash and also where cash is being spent. The invoices due and bills to pay reports are an easy way to access overdue bills and invoices without clicking through the accounting system. This is ideal for anyone who wants to get an idea of their cash flow history and projections.

Cons
The product would be infinitely better if it supported multi-currency accounts, especially with more businesses holding more than 1 currency. Currently, details on cash is based on GL accounts. It might be way more usable if it gave us the option to view this from a customer/vendor name perspective, since we plan our cash flow on that basis, rather than by the GL account. The concept with this program is so excellent, and I am holding out on new features being released that totally eliminate the need for other products (such as Excel) for tracking and projecting cash flow. If Float can make that leap, it'll easily be the #1 cash flow app.

Caroline Harridence

A really effective solution to assist businesses manage cashflow

Reviewed 2020-02-03

Overall, I think Float is an excellent tool for cashflow forecasting and scenario planning. It is easy to use and understand and the support available from the team at Float is excellent.

Pros
Float is easy to use and not overly complex making it easy for clients to understand. The integrations with accounting software such as Xero ensures it is kept up to date and makes cashflow planning a relatively quick and a regular task - which is key to managing finances. The ability to forecast easily for different scenarios is a very useful feature that allows a business to easily see the impact of making changes.

Cons
It would be useful to have a multi currency feature

Emma Masson

Great cash flow forecasting tool!

Reviewed 2019-11-04

Having an online c/f which links to Xero has enabled me to have c/f conversations real-time with clients and run multiple scenarios. It has eliminated the need for excel s/s which in turn has made my time more efficient. It has increased client engagement and provided me with more time for data analysis rather than s/s checking and data entry.

Pros
Option of manual link-up to Xero so forecast can reflect Xero updates immediately. Ability to run multiple scenarios so clients can see the impact of making different business choices on the cashflow.

Cons
It would be useful to be able do s/s upload of scenario budgets - can currently only do for the main forecast I think.

Peter Winckles

Does what it says on the tin....

Reviewed 2020-01-15

Pros
I came across Float at Xerocon 2019. I was actively seeking a cashflow App that was easy to set up, use and maintain. I had tried Apps that were more feature-rich but for my clients simplicity and easy of use was their priority. Float fits the bill. I have now been using it on a daily basis with clients for over 2 months and find it does a great job. The clients love it. I will be implementing Float as part of my essential App Stack - Hubdoc-Xero-Float.

Cons
So far I have had a positive experience with Float. If there was one area that I think further work can be done it would be the ability to mix scenarios to evaluate how they would affect future cashflows.

Richard Sergeant

Great direct forecasting tool

Reviewed 2019-06-05

- Keeps me sane, and saves me quite literally hours every week.

Pros
- Easy to set up and use - Xero integration - basic scenario planning - Complex, but not complicated - Uses direct method

Cons
- Could do with a good mobile view - the current one is very frustrating (I don't need an app, but a great mobile view would be high on my list)

John O'Connor

Review of Float cashflow forecasting

Reviewed 2019-12-10

Cash flow reporting is more timely and accurate as is cashflow forecasting

Pros
Good layout, good features, simple to understand layout, flexible

Cons
Not able to enter formulas or percentage calculations when entering budget figures

Oliver McGinn

Useful tool

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Pros
Ease of setting a forecast - makes it very easy to see in a format that is easy to read

Cons
Difficulty of editing fields & make accruals for future payments. Also, if you have over forecasted something, the difference rolls into the next month which is often not accurate.

Adam Hill

Big time and money saver - Daily cashflow particularly useful

Reviewed 2019-05-07

We use Float every day and is the best Cash Flow software we tried when evaluating - it gets slow but regular updates and the support team are relatively responsive. It's not cheap but we feel the ROI is completely worth it.

Pros
Works great for short to medium term cashflow management and the integration with both Xero and FreeAgent is good. Easy to use and provides us with very intelligent data.

Cons
Takes a bit of management and doesn't always do everything you want - not so useful for long term cashflow projections but has become an invaluable tool for us. Small issues.

Christine Hill

Easy way to track workload

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-29

Used a trial version for a month to see which task management software would work best for our small marketing team. While Float was easy (and even kinda fun) to implement, its functionality was too limited to continue use. I think it would be most useful in a situation where you have to focus on managing others and gauging the workload and hours spent on each client or project.

Pros
Super easy to use and figure out. Took almost no time at all to start implementing it in the workplace. It also makes it really easy to manage others - you can pass tasks from one person to the other, postpone them easily, and see at a glance whether someone is overbooked.

Cons
The capabilities are a little limited. While it can help you track workflow and task progression, it doesn't grant you a lot of flexibility in storing info about clients, setting due dates, etc.

Jo Pfister

Float Cash Flow Software

Reviewed 2019-02-11

Overall I have found this software very helpful and also the customer service is really good. I always get a fast response and I love the fact that they are always looking to improve the software. The new function of multiple budgets in one cell was a bonus for our company.

Pros
What I like most about this software is how easy it is to use, even if you are not a professional accountant or bookkeeper. I also find the Scenario layers very helpful.

Cons
The one function I would love to have in Float is to be able to change the date of budget project to the next month without having to delete the budget in one month and enter to the next when our projects are prolonged to another month.

MARIELA CARRILLO

Excellent tools for forecasting

Reviewed 2018-05-03

We have for sure a forecast accurate

Pros
Easy to use, also gives you the chance to create scenarios and most important can predict the cash movement. You can even add companies

Cons
Its not multilanguage and multicurrency, you can add companies but cant be useful if having companies in different countries

Anonymous

Simple software with amazing features

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Pros
I mainly use Float for its forecasting or “what if” scenarios feature. Float is one of the software that offers this feature. It is a feature that most f of our clients looks forward to. Float can also integrate well with QuickBook and Xero, another accounting software my team and I use. The software together is seamless.

Great tool

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Pros
This is a great tool to know my schedule, to know my co-workers schedule

Cons
There is nothing I don't like at this moment.

Dylan Kennard

Analyzing my business via Float kept us alive

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-20

I run a small business that does large projects. Cash flow and budgeting is paramount to success. Before I found float I was running my business like most folks. Looking backwards to go forward. I was paying myself and employees unsustainable money, not timing expenditures correctly that were needed to grow but could wait. I am still in business and making healthier decisions based on the future numbers because of the insights Float gives me.

Pros
The ease of integration with Xero is simple and over the past couple years the software has become easier to configure and setup. Jump in and go!

Cons
There is always room for improvement, and the support staff listen. Currently there is nothing that "must" be done besides never stopping the innovation.

Anonymous

easy to forecast based on your real data in Xero, scenarios allow testing of different events

Reviewed 2018-05-01

able to see cashflow, which helps with investments and dividends

Pros
The sync with Xero means I don't need to worry about losing transactions, and can quickly compare forecast with actuals. The scenarios tool enables me to examine whatif for any ledger/ sales or expense. The weekly email tells you how much cash you have in the business too.

Cons
It's a little fun to setup, but you only have to do that once. Tweeking the budget is easy. Perhaps an app.

Terry Barnes

indispensable

Reviewed 2018-05-02

Pros
We can overlay cash flows for ease of viewing upcoming months and forecasts of scenarios. with ability to edit

Cons
cannot really think of anything. As I cannot think of anything it is impracticable for me to put much else

Chris Joblin

Better than sliced bread .....

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Our relatively new business operation is experiencing exponential growth. Float gives us the ability to plan and tweak cashflow projections instantly and accurately with access to current and historical data seamlessly through the Xero integration.

Pros
Simplicity, functionality, Xero integration.

Cons
The nightmares it gives me over the years I spent trying to maintain cashflow data on cumbersome excel spreadsheets that were already out of date by the time I had updated them :(

Steven Taylor

Business critical cashflow

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Cashflow piece of mind

Pros
- amazingly simple to use - instant accurate cashflow and runway - so much better that the spreadsheets we used to use - allows us to model different scenarios

Cons
There isn't much to dislike - it's a great bit of software

Rouska Lundin

Instrumental to our business.. excellent product

Reviewed 2018-05-02

Pros
Fantastic for forecasting cashflow and it's integration with freeagent makes the experience seamless

Cons
Few features could be added which would make the details a little better, but know they're on the roadmap

Migdelia Meriyela Mora Perez

my experience with float has been little but quite pleasant, since it allows to take control of the

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
what I like the most is its integration with quickbooks and how easy it is to see the arrears with payments to suppliers as well as customer charges, it makes us see that attack immediately and also allows us to see the details of the transactions when we click on a transaction in the cash flow

Cons
what I like the least is what it takes updating by giving it the refresh button, I think it's a slow nose if it is for the data handled but I would like it to be faster

Jen Ferguson

Easy to use, very intuitive

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Pros
Overall simplicity and ability to seamlessly sync with our other business software such as Xero. Well priced as well.

Cons
Nothing - it's pretty great. Any glitches are addressed or explained by the helpdesk team who reasons quickly.

Nick Hutchinson

Float is just great

Reviewed 2018-11-19

Pros
We used Excel for predicting our forecast cashflow. It was very time consuming to maintain this system. Float integrated with our bookkeeping software, Xero, made cashflow forecasting very easy! Excel-like functionality in the browser makes editing easy. The single-page view for an overview is great.

Cons
No Excel-like bulk-edit for scenarios except base!