GCPay Logo
GCPay

Payment management software for construction industry

visit website

GCPay Reviews

4.6

How would you rate GCPay?

Pros

Love getting the notices as to whether your billing is approved or not. Great to have the waivers right in the program to finish filling in and print out.

DF

Darlene F.

Our team loves the user friendly interface. It is super simple for everyone and it is easy to sign our subcontractors up.

GH

Greg H.

My experience has been very very good. The system is easy and the support team is outstanding.

JM

Jane M.

Cons

Also when the Subcontractors have to build the SOV at the start of their interaction with GC Pay, it does not seem to be intuitive, since we have many subs that struggle at this point.

DH

Donna H.

I dislike how the releases of lien are uploaded/reviewed.

MF

Mara F.

There is a slight disconnect with functionality etc and how you see it for the first time. No alert in que is problematic.

jb

james b.

Thumbs up for GCPay

Pros

GC Pay has made the monthly invoice review and approval process much simpler and accessible for our project managers. Having all invoices collected and grouped by project on one singular platform has greatly increased our end of month productivity.

Cons

Integration with our existing software and accounting programs was the largest hurdle to overcome but was still achieved with solid behind the scenes work from the GCPAy tech support people.

GCPay Review

Pros

The system is easy to work with and explain to individuals who are just starting.

Cons

Wish they had where you can get all the signatures and the notaries from the same company so that waivers did not have to be downloaded. Would like more control in deletions and changes once interfaced into the system.

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and the ease of access makes my job a lot easier. Customer support is always there to help quick and efficiently.

Cons

I can't see what my subcontractors see on their end - making it difficult to help them sometimes without calling the support team.

My GC Pay expierence

Love it

Pros

I love that I don't have to keep an excel spreadsheet of contract amounts and new change orders and revised contract amounts.

Cons

I do not like the GC Pay fees at the end of the project Someway the GC pay fee should be automatically be billed into the pay app that is being submitted. A the end of the billing you still have to submit another change order for the last pay app you just submitted. Its kind of never ending if you don't know how to /bill/pay the last fee outside of the contract Also, To many email notifications when you approve 1 pay app

Great Tool!

I feel it has been a great tool for our company, especially during the "work from home" time for our company during this pandemic.

Pros

Two favorite things about GC Pay, user friendly program and the customer service is spot on!

Cons

I'm not sure there is anything I would consider a con at this time.

Transparent platform for all facets of the financial payment process

It takes the headache out of subcontractors payment unknowns. All can view transparently and know the sticking point.

Pros

All users can jump on and see the status of payments

Cons

It would be great to have the liabilities tab viewable will reviewing the payment rather than jumping from tab to tab

I would recommend.

Pros

I like how organized this system is, how much easier it made to keep track of everything being uploaded and approved, or not approved and revised etc.

Cons

Integration took a long time for everyone to really use the software confidently. It is also a pain that we cannot see the same thing as a subcontractor does and that if they need any help they need to reach out to GC Pay and that we cannot help them.

Beneficial Features

Speed of processing.

Pros

It's convenience and easy user interface.

Cons

I feel like the software misses a key step in the review of many pay apps. Frequently there is a need to redline the pay app rather than rejected it. I know that some of your competitors in this market have features that allow the GC to markup percent completes of value of work in place if a pay app is rejected, thereby allowing the submitter to know what amounts you'll allow. Obviously this could take place outside of GCPay, but in my opinion, it should be a one stop shop for pay app management.

GC Pay

Great so far! We would like more written instructions, but we are really pleased.

Pros

Reporting - Track our to do list. Data Entry - None in Sage Structure - Pay App - all pieces together and balanced. Reporting - Overview of projects Compliance - reminders and updates to subs.

Cons

We would like the last approver to be able to approve the SOV, Pay Apps, for all others, if they are not available.

Good Product

As mentioned in the Pros there are many benefits to using this software. Would like options to add reminders for billing or send notices of incompliance before billings are submitted.

Pros

Consolidates billings in an easy to track software. Easy for visual tracking

Cons

No option to set reminders to subtrades when to bill every month. Needs to be done via email.

GCPay Rocks

Very favorable. It helps me do my job more efficiently.

Pros

Ease of use. Helpful customer service. Software can be use on computer and phone.

Cons

Updates that change the way the platform looks.

GC Pay review for construction co.

Pros

It is relatively easy for vendors to use and they cannot over bill etc. Also, the support team is fantastic, quick, knowledgeable and very, very helpful.

Cons

I do wish we could see emails that the vendors set up for their communication with GC Pay. If we could see the admin. who processes the pay requests etc, it would be easier than trying communicate with a PM who may or may not forward the email.

GCPay Review

Been using it for 4 years and had pretty much no issues

Pros

The support team is excellent and extremely responsive

Cons

Subcontractors can be listed several times under the same name

Mara Fitzgerald - GC Pay Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to review schedules of values and subcontract payment applications.

Cons

I dislike how the releases of lien are uploaded/reviewed.

Intuitive

Fantastic!

Pros

The software is very intuitive. The customer service is superb!

Cons

No able to process invoices. Supplier waivers could use improvement.

Success with GCPay

Pros

The ease of sending/tracking/saving waivers and reports. The audit trail is beneficial for referencing and finding past waivers that were rejected and comments made by approvers.

Cons

Importing pay apps from all jobs at one time instead of each job individually, would speed up processing time.

GC Pay

Pros

Easy to integrate new projects and add new companies.

Cons

We just started using ProCore and we are having trouble with change orders syncing

Does the Job

It has helped us keep our Pay Apps in order and on time. This keeps the guys out in the field in the know of who is getting paid what.

Pros

It has a great support system and has an easy interface to navigate through projects.

Cons

None that i can think of. I think that their software has most features as their competitors

Good

Pros

Its a good way to get our documents routed in a timely manner

Cons

I don't like the expiration on the link

Tracking is great

I am happy with it. Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

I really like the Compliance and how at a glance I can tell what is needed.

Cons

That there is a time limit on how long I can delete a document that has been uploaded by a subcontractor in the Compliance tab.

Jake Hines Review

Pros

Very easy to see the status of all payments with subcontractors. Customer support is always very responsive.

Cons

Sometimes hard for subcontractors to get setup on the software. Not always clear who the invites go to.

GC Pay for Construction

Overall, it's real great and super easy to use.

Pros

This product is extremely easy to process payments, check on insurance requirements, and hold subs accountable.

Cons

I don't like the cover page for reviewing waivers. Clicking in and out of the requisition to review waivers can get difficult to manage because it's not on the same page. Often times reqs get approved without approved waivers since they're on the same page.

GCPay review

subs billing for change orders that were not even written yet or we were even aware of. This system does the math, keeps a record of approvals, rejections, etc

Pros

integration with our accounting system, extremely fast customer service, easy to use for us and our subs

Cons

when toggling back and forth in the website it makes you search again for a particular sub then you can drill down into their individual pay apps, just a little nuisance

Updated Pricing

Was very happy with the service till the pricing change.

Pros

I like that it provides real time audit tracking among the subcontractor, project manager and administrator.

Cons

Price. The old structure cost was per invoice, so the service was a value on projects large and small. The new pricing structure is by the month, whether there is one sub or 20 the price is the same. We no longer use the service on small projects.

GC Pay Overall Functionality

Overall I really enjoy the program, customer service is super responsive.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is the ease of utilizing it and its ability to have our subcontractors use it as well. It also integrates really well with our accounting software Vista.

Cons

The instructions for new users on how to bill is lengthy and can be overwhelming. I wish there were videos to show subcontractors on how to bill with just simple steps.