All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

GCPay

Payment management software for construction industry

visit website

GCPay Reviews

Pros

My experience has been very very good. The system is easy and the support team is outstanding.

Jane M.

Read the full review
Great , Customer Service is EXCELLENT and supports with help quickly and effectively.

Edward M.

Read the full review
Overall, great customer service and a great software. I like the new search feature that allows searching by person/email.

Carrie M.

Donna H.

Read the full review
There are some integration issues with SAGE and things don't always work correctly. Apparently many subcontractors also hate working with the software while others don't mind it.

David B.

Read the full review
It's frustrating how it automatically approves negative CO's.

Ben M.

Michael Lyon Review

I really do enjoy it. I've used both Procore and Textura and neither of those softwares are as efficient. I think GCPay has several simple, but very handle features that make me like it the most. It can be a bit expensive for smaller projects, but is a minor cost for a larger project. Seperating/breaking down pricing by project size/dollar value could be helpful for the smaller projects.

Pros

The user interface is extremely easy, allowing subcontractor to have few issues in submitting pay apps, creating SOV's, etc. Easy to talk through things with the phone. I also really like the ability to make it a requirement of attaching a lien waiver and having current insurance before they can submit a pay application.

Cons

I'd really like if the monthly cost bundle report could be separated/organized by division and not alphabetically. The alphabetical is never in order for the bank/owner compiled report, so each month I have to manually put them in order. An option to say what division/spec section the pay application is for would easily allow these reports to come across in the order they are needed. Needs better integration with Viewpoint Vista, specifically for pay application submission, as right now we still have to manually input sub pay apps into our accounting softwares which actually cut the checks.

GCPay is the best thing that ever happened to our company

We are using GCPay to keep our accounting staff organized and on top on the payment application process. The workflow for GCPay is simple and easy to follow. Gives our project managers an easy way to review pay applications without worrying about the paperwork or math errors or using email to deal with errors. All the communication is captured in the Audit Trail for each project.

Pros

Organizes and manages the subcontractor application and lien waiver process, notifications to subcontractors and staff is flawless. Import into our accounting system is seamless. Customer Service is quick and always pleasant

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Great Customer Service

Our accounting team has pay apps taken off their plate which allows them to be more efficient in others areas of their work.

Pros

Customer service has been terrific in handling questions/fixes.

Cons

Integration with our current software provides challenges. Although it relieves AP from the duty, it adds extra work for the PA's (syncing, receiving compliance, adding subs, extra email notifications, checking waivers, etc. One of the challenges that holds us back is we cant add a subcontract/subcontractor until they create an account. This is not a smooth process.

Great Product, Support and Value

From implementation it has been a very smooth process with plenty of support along the way. We utilize GCPay as a GC and Sub on all of our projects. It is extremely efficient from the start of each project and clear whose court the ball is in when there are pending items. It is a great product and value and we can't imagine life without it.

Pros

GCPay has greatly increased efficiency in our organization. It is easy to use for both general contractor and subcontractors and they provide 24/7 support which is extremely valuable in this industry. Periodic updates are made to increase the user interface and add features based on user feedback and common sense.

Cons

I would like to see a feature to provide subtotals on subcontractor schedule of values/billings either by phase (minimum) or by some other grouping/sorting method. This would add more value to the subcontractor billings on large projects to see % complete based on building/level/area/etc. We are still pending integration with Vista as the initial integration product was not successful.

User friendly

GCPay has been great. Their customer support team is exceptional and all issues are resolved quickly.

Pros

Very easy to use for both the GC and subcontractors.

Cons

Sometimes finding the documents needed are a little challenging - mostly because the sub uploaded the documents in the wrong place! Also don't like that we have to contact support to reject a pay app that has already been approved.

GCPay

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease and transparency given between the GC and the Subcontracts. This cuts back on day to day status communication and draws. Also the restriction to billing constricted to the value of the line item makes this software easy to use and very straight forward for all parties.

Cons

Still working on getting a few details for Canada specifically worked out but the development team has been great in working with our company's needs.

C. Brown-John GCPay Review

This has really improved the contract payments for the AP team and has helped vendors with their billing. We can process more billings in a month and the vendor can submit all required documentation in GC Pay instead of mailing/emailing - this has streamlined and centralized the process

Pros

This project is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate through and it's easy to train staff and vendors on as it's so functional. It also tracks the process so that everyone can see what has happened in the different areas. This transparency to both staff and vendors helps the relationships and to identify where areas can be improved.

Cons

Some things cannot be adjusted by the administrator and the GCPay team support needs to be contacted for assistance. They are great and helpful but it would be great to be able to do those adjustments in house.

Customer Support is on Point!

Great. Customer Support is unparalleled.

Pros

User friendly interface. Customer Support is phenomenal.

Cons

Would like more Compliance capabilities (ie. export list, etc.)

Good Product

As mentioned in the Pros there are many benefits to using this software. Would like options to add reminders for billing or send notices of incompliance before billings are submitted.

Pros

Consolidates billings in an easy to track software. Easy for visual tracking

Cons

No option to set reminders to subtrades when to bill every month. Needs to be done via email.

Easy option for project billing

GCPay allows out accounting and project management teams to work together when it comes to billing. It is clear to see problems that have popped up and to integrate it with our accounting programs.

Pros

GC Pay allows subcontractors to bill individually for each project with ease. It is clear to use and helps keep the digital paper trail with easy to read audit reports.

Cons

The inability for companies to make changes to their login with out calling GC PAY is a little frustrating.

GC Pay - A lot of potential with some strong high points, but here is what it is lacking...

I will say when we first began testing projects out on GC Pay, I was not a fan at all. Overtime my opinion has definitely changed, especially as their digital signature/notary features expanded and become more legitimate. If they take the advice from these surveys and use it to make some fundamental changes and expand on a few current features, I think they have potential to be a fan favorite over other CPM systems. Currently I would not advocate to collogues that this is the clear winner among other systems, but I definitely could see that being the case if the previously mentioned issues, were addressed.

Pros

I like the overall simplicity of GC Pay's interface. From the dashboard, to more detailed tabs, it is pretty user friendly compared to other CPM systems that can get intimidating with constant updates, or 'modernization' so-to-speak. GC Pay has been really good about developing updates but only the necessary ones. When we first began using GC Pay, there was no digital notarization and the digital...

Cons

The way fee is applied is extremely troublesome to a overwhelming amount of users (for us it is our subcontractors). It is deducted from the invoice at the time of transaction. This throws off accounting for subs and the only real solution we have found, has been to have the sub breakout a line item in their SOVs for ACH fees, to bill again each pay period based on the $$ billed. It would be ideal...

GCPay is a Time Saver!

Our overall experience has been very positive. The program is easy to use for the most part and it satisfies the major requirements of our organization. We plan to implement the ACH payment function this year. We also look forward to future enhancements so that we can use GCPay to its fullest potential.

Pros

Our organization has benefitted greatly since implementing GCPay. The ease with which our subcontractors can create and submit billings, coupled with the seamless and quick integration with SAGE 300 has saved our Accounting staff countless hours. BENEFITS: Subcontractors cannot bill for change orders that have not been approved. Subcontractors cannot overbill a line item or the total contract value. Subcontractors can easily upload any required documentation to their billing. Contractors can use their own billing forms, waiver forms, etc. GCPay Support is very responsive.

Cons

We would like to use GCPay more in the area of sub-tier and supplier management. That is currently a function of GCPay, but could use some enhancements before it will function to our needs. We also do not email waivers through GCPay at this time because there is no customization of the transmittal/cover sheet. We would love that option!

The only way to handle trade pay apps

GCPay has been my #1 software since I implemented it 10+ years ago. The integration with originally timberline was a huge step for us to bring tech into construction. The ease of use to track when pay applications were submitted, lien management and the audit trail are key features. When the secondary tier grid came out it was a game changer for us to monitor what materials were delivered to site vs what the trades turned in. It allows our superintendents to approve or decline pay applications which gives them ownership in the process.

Pros

GC pay is extremely easy to use and has the functionality to manage the trade workflow throughout the pay application process. Excellent customer service to handle questions. Continually improving the software over the years. It’s also a full paperless process.

Cons

I would like to see the trade process managed from onboarding. To able to house documents associated with the trades. Also a mobile app for superintendents.

Easy to Use

GC Pay doesn't integrate with PCMX, so it took a while for me to get on board. However, even with the double work I would not be eager to switch to another product. The system is easy to get subcontractors who have never used it on board quickly, which can be a challenge with new products.

Pros

The organization of pay apps, waivers, and compliance items in regards to communication with our subcontractors. Keeps us all on the same page.

Cons

I would like to be able to get all needed documents in one file for billing purposes. So I guess I'd say the lack of custom reports/documents. Would like to be able to modify final waivers as sometimes this is needed. Also, would like more control over notifications such as the date pay apps are due and close the billing period at the end of the month (or other selected day). I don't like that I can't correct things on my end, that I have to go through support. Although Support is incredibly quick to respond which is great.

Couldn't survive without it!

It is a great program. I have used one of the main competitors programs , a few years ago, and I can't believe how much easier GC PAY is to navigate. I think the most important thing is that our subs can use it effectively and get the help they need if they hit a road block. That is exactly what GC PAY provides.

Pros

The thing that has impressed me most about GC Pay is the tech support. I have never seen a tech support department that was more available, more responsive, and more knowledgeable on any software I have ever used. They are gracious, and extremely helpful to both Subcontractor user and to me. I also like the simplicity of the program. It does what it needs to do and is not overreaching to the point where it is too complicated for the infrequent user.

Cons

I think it is a little weak on the change order process, (adding Change Orders to existing contracts). Also when the Subcontractors have to build the SOV at the start of their interaction with GC Pay, it does not seem to be intuitive, since we have many subs that struggle at this point. Then again when they need to add CO's to the SOV. I would also like some training or instruction modules built...

Best support team I have ever worked with

We were actually beginning to put out feelers for a software development company to build an application we could use for tracking Pay Apps when we stumbled on GC Pay. It had everything we wanted and then some so our experience has been great! Everyone through the whole process has been extremely helpful and ready to help us use GC Pay to its full extent.

Pros

GC Pay makes tracking Pay Applications very streamlined and efficient. Its for the most part the application is intuitive and user friendly and for the few occasions when it is necessary to contact support they are immediately available, always a real person, and not only solve your issue, but usually give you some tips and tricks to make things easier going forward.

Cons

The list of options may be a little intimidating when you are first setting up, to know what to default to for your company setting, but again, talk it through with your support rep and they will walk you through the process very quickly. The only issue we have not been able to resolve is some type of confirmation that Pay App reminders are being auto-emailed to our Subcontractors each month. We are told it is happening, but have been unable to resolve a way that we can confirm they are actually going out.

GCPay Happy User

The problem we had before with hard copy pay apps was that processing them was very time consuming and with GCPay it is a breeze. The audit trail shows when a pay app is submitted so there is no misunderstanding if it comes in late or wasn't submitted. Such was the case with hard copies in the past. I love that you can bring a pay app back into the system and re-enter if you had a problem with that billing. Another great thing is all the Subs waivers are submitted with their pay app or when their check is ready we have the ability to send them another copy of the waiver we need. Also, everything (subcontractors requisitions and lien waivers as well as third party waivers) can all be stored is stored in GCPay.

Pros

I like that it stream lines the pay app process. All the people that need to see Subcontractors pay apps has quick easy access to it at any given time. I like that the Subcontractor can speak/email GCPay with any questions that they have regarding the set up or submitting their pay app.

Cons

One thing I think might be helpful is a space for the PM to put notes on the Exportable Applications for Payment screen so that when the user is bringing over pay apps the PM could put such comments as to what month he wants the pay app to go in if it comes in late.

GCPay all day, everyday!

Great. Their are very friendly and effective. They've made my job very easy and a lot of our subs love GCPay just as much as I do.

Pros

It is a huge time saver that ensures the billings we receive from our subcontractors are accurate. We can import and post draws for our subs within minutes as opposed to hours that took before doing it manually. It makes creating, reviewing, and managing all the waivers we need from our subs and their suppliers very easy and automated.

Cons

Like all products, there are always room to improve. I'm hopeful that one day we'll see more, simpler control in changing the waivers we need from subs and suppliers. I would like to see the known "CO# Null" error resolved once and for all as well, which occurs in the way GCPay reads contracts that feed from ViewPoint. With both of these issues though, their support team is always quick to respond and resolve our needs when we need something adjusted.

The Best Pay App Streamlining

Pros

GCPay has allowed us to streamline major business functions, save time and resources, better manage project financials and has increased efficient, effective communications with subcontractors. This application has been a definite game changer for our team. We certainly wished we would have implemented much sooner!

Cons

Features that could definitely be improved or enhanced would be integrations. Allowing integrations with a wider option of accounting software as well as project management software would be of great value.

My experience with GC Pay

It has streamlined our pay apps with the subs and it ensure that everyone that billed and gotten approved they will get paid. It leaves little room for error or miscommunication. The subs who are new to the program will have a slight learning curve, but if they are willing to learn and amend the process, it goes quickly and easily.

Pros

The greatest feature from my perspective is the ease the subs can bill. It is a bit of a learning curve with the subs, but once they try it they usually like it since they actually just enter in what they are billing for that month. The don't have produce an actual AIA form. It produces it for them once they have entered in their information.

Cons

The feature I struggle with most is the waiver/liabilities section. It isn't easy to change the amount of the waiver submitted by the the subcontractor. For example if they enter in they are going to pay a sub $2500.00 and only submit a waiver for $1,500.00, it isn't easy to change this amount. I wish this could be changed as it occurs, rather than contacting support each time.

Best thing to happen in the Construction industry

From day one the support to get the system up and running and keeping it running every day has been great. Most of our subs love it. And the updates that have come out in the last year just keep improving the product. It just keeps getting better.

Pros

Waiver tracking, retainage locked down, takes the math out of the hands to the users, makes billing easy for our subs, on-line approvals so field can walk the site and review billing accuracy. Best product support team that I've ever worked with from a user and admin prospective.

Cons

I wish I could print signed waivers by type of waiver rather than having to print all waivers/documents and get the unsigned copies too.

Easy but it works

Simple product that just works. Customer support for subcontractors and internal staff is great. All of our project managers love this tool. It saves time on both subcontractor side and project manager approval side. Subcontractors can only draw on approved contracts and change orders and with all compliance documents submitted. Subcontractor has the option to receive payment via ACH.

Pros

GCpay is simple to use, from subcontractor registration to submission, project manager approval, compliance collections to payment. Their license model makes this product very inexpensive compared to their competitors.

Cons

No ability to customize reporting or API. You can download reports into Excel but this can be tedious and 1 contract at a time. Setup can be tedious as well since you can only upload SOV one contract at a time by the end user. Their development team is very small, hence sometimes slow response.

Use of GC Pay

I'm so incredibly impressed with GC Pay's responsiveness when placing a call for support. I don't believe I've ever waited more than 2 minutes for someone to answer my call. Also, I get the same person lots of time. I feel like they are my personal rep. They are very courteous and are always able to assist me. I sometimes feel like I'm asking a silly question but they always have the answer. Don't think I've ever had them put me on hold to ask someone else to assist. They are awesome and I tell them this when I call.

Pros

Ease of securing lien waivers, being able to reject lien waivers, audit trail notes, actual view of pay application.

Cons

When viewing a pay application and I go to the audit trail, liabilites tab etc. I have to start all over with the job to get back to that sub's pay application.

GC Pay Review

I have loved working with GC Pay so far. They are very helpful and insightful. They welcome all suggestions and plan on expanding their product every month.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use for the subcontractors and the digital signatures on Lien Waivers.

Cons

I believe that digital signatures on pay apps would be helpful and better system for supplier liabilities and lien waivers.

What I think

I also think that minimizing BN Builders "risk", potential lien issues would be harder to manage if GC Pay was not being utilized

Pros

I think the best feature is that all docs from subs can be stored here. It is a great "vault" for them.

Cons

The difficulty lies in two areas: 1) proper training for new employees so in that regard, many mistakes have to be corrected on a regular basis 2) sometimes the settings fail, ex. waivers don't automatically send after payment even though it is set up to do so 3)integration issues occur but I believe it is mostly "operator error" where they do not follow the correct steps to fix/change something My team (there are 5 of us) are responsible for fixing export errors and GC Pay errors/problems. Figuring out what I have permissions to do, who I need to contact for help (internal or GC Pay) . Believe me this process takes some time and is not easy to figure out what to do. Seems like maybe I have at minimum, 5 corrections each week.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.