GCPay Logo

GCPay

Payment management software for construction industry

GCPay Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

Reviews by rating

Love getting the notices as to whether your billing is approved or not. Great to have the waivers right in the program to finish filling in and print out.
Our team loves the user friendly interface. It is super simple for everyone and it is easy to sign our subcontractors up.
My experience has been very very good. The system is easy and the support team is outstanding.
Also when the Subcontractors have to build the SOV at the start of their interaction with GC Pay, it does not seem to be intuitive, since we have many subs that struggle at this point.
I dislike how the releases of lien are uploaded/reviewed.
There is a slight disconnect with functionality etc and how you see it for the first time. No alert in que is problematic.

SC

Sherry C.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Best thing to happen in the Construction industry

From day one the support to get the system up and running and keeping it running every day has been great. Most of our subs love it. And the updates that have come out in the last year just keep improving the product. It just keeps getting better.

Pros

Waiver tracking, retainage locked down, takes the math out of the hands to the users, makes billing easy for our subs, on-line approvals so field can walk the site and review billing accuracy. Best product support team that I've ever worked with from a user and admin prospective.

Cons

I wish I could print signed waivers by type of waiver rather than having to print all waivers/documents and get the unsigned copies too.

JJ

Jesse J.

Easy to Use

GC Pay doesn't integrate with PCMX, so it took a while for me to get on board. However, even with the double work I would not be eager to switch to another product. The system is easy to get subcontractors who have never used it on board quickly, which can be a challenge with new products.

Pros

The organization of pay apps, waivers, and compliance items in regards to communication with our subcontractors. Keeps us all on the same page.

Cons

I would like to be able to get all needed documents in one file for billing purposes. So I guess I'd say the lack of custom reports/documents. Would like to be able to modify final waivers as sometimes this is needed. Also, would like more control over notifications such as the date pay apps are due and close the billing period at the end of the month (or other selected day). I don't like that I can't correct things on my end, that I have to go through support. Although Support is incredibly quick to respond which is great.

RM

Robert M.

Tough

Pros

Speed at which you can finish your task

Cons

Impossible to navigate without training

DH

Debbie H.

Use of GC Pay

I'm so incredibly impressed with GC Pay's responsiveness when placing a call for support. I don't believe I've ever waited more than 2 minutes for someone to answer my call. Also, I get the same person lots of time. I feel like they are my personal rep. They are very courteous and are always able to assist me. I sometimes feel like I'm asking a silly question but they always have the answer. Don't think I've ever had them put me on hold to ask someone else to assist. They are awesome and I tell them this when I call.

Pros

Ease of securing lien waivers, being able to reject lien waivers, audit trail notes, actual view of pay application.

Cons

When viewing a pay application and I go to the audit trail, liabilites tab etc. I have to start all over with the job to get back to that sub's pay application.

BH

Bob H.

Satisfied GCPay User

I find the customer service outstanding. If I get a hold of someone who does not know the answer, they have always gotten back to me before the time they committed a follow-up. The support group is very pleasant to speak with, too.

Pros

It is easy to use and have subcontractors enroll at no cost to them. I have use Textura in the past and found it difficult for some to use and very expensive.

Cons

When linking subcontracts, there are sometimes multiple choices for the same company and tax ID. But, that is also a good thing about GCPay. The subcontractors can setup accounts for each office. It would be nice if there was a space for the company to note which vendor number to select by stating their region.

RG

Riley G.

GC Pay Review

I have loved working with GC Pay so far. They are very helpful and insightful. They welcome all suggestions and plan on expanding their product every month.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use for the subcontractors and the digital signatures on Lien Waivers.

Cons

I believe that digital signatures on pay apps would be helpful and better system for supplier liabilities and lien waivers.

DS

Deb S.

What I think

I also think that minimizing BN Builders "risk", potential lien issues would be harder to manage if GC Pay was not being utilized

Pros

I think the best feature is that all docs from subs can be stored here. It is a great "vault" for them.

Cons

The difficulty lies in two areas: 1) proper training for new employees so in that regard, many mistakes have to be corrected on a regular basis 2) sometimes the settings fail, ex. waivers don't automatically send after payment even though it is set up to do so 3)integration issues occur but I believe it is mostly "operator error" where they do not follow the correct steps to fix/change something My team (there are 5 of us) are responsible for fixing export errors and GC Pay errors/problems. Figuring out what I have permissions to do, who I need to contact for help (internal or GC Pay) . Believe me this process takes some time and is not easy to figure out what to do. Seems like maybe I have at minimum, 5 corrections each week.

DB

David B.

GC Pay review

I enjoy using the software. I use it almost every day and I don't dread having to use it like I do with other software programs that I have to use.

Pros

I believe that the software is extremely user friendly from a GC's perspective and it streamlines the pay application process. I like the checks and balances to ensure that we don't miss anything.

Cons

There are some integration issues with SAGE and things don't always work correctly. Apparently many subcontractors also hate working with the software while others don't mind it. GC Pay could potentially reach out to these users to get a better understanding of any issues they are encountering.

JC

Joseph C.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Great product and great value

Pros

GC Pay allows us to keep a lean staff while providing the same level of service to other divisions of the company. The ease of use for us and subcontractors has completely changed the nature of our Project Accountants (focusing on volume and cost as opposed to compliance). The Compliance tracking and collection is nearly automatic and invaluable.

Cons

I think hourly reporting in GC Pay should be the next feature to consider/upgrade. 100% of our projects have workforce goals, and that is an area that is lacking.

CH

Christina H.

GCPay Review

Fantastic. Their customer service is amongst the best I've ever encountered.

Pros

The ease of use is our favorite aspect of this software. We also appreciate the 24/7 support and all the different ways we can utilize support (phone, email, chat). Most of the customizations we needed to make this product work in the capacity we need it to, were able to be implemented.

Cons

Its a bit on the expensive side but considering the peace of mind we have now that we've implemented it, the cost is something we can accept.

EM

Edward M.

Commercial Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Grove Review- Ed Martin

Great , Customer Service is EXCELLENT and supports with help quickly and effectively. Overall it is a great product, it has a few small quirks but overall makes Construction billing periods way easier as a Gen Contractor with 40 + Subs.

Pros

Able to calculate 40 + Subs on Monthly Draws and keeping all issues minimal where everything is input by subs or myself with adding totals and clicking buttons upon review. No Traditional Pay Aps with Hard Plugging. Extremely easy to use.

Cons

If you move to faster with Rejecting Pay Aps, Then approving Change orders and retotaling and resubmitting pay ap with CO and correct totals for billing. Some times it doesnt upload the current Pay ap in PDF viewing where G702 and SOV totals mis- match. Not a consistent issue but happens from time to time.

GM

Garland M.

Overall Thrilled With Program

Pros

The integration for the software was very easy to use and is open for customization suggestions.

Cons

1. There could be an implementation of a report that bundles only retention requests for a project that would cover the life span of a project. 2. Vendors open requests, but forget to fully submit their request by meeting the requirements for full submission. Could a prompt or warning message be given to the subcontractor/consultant if the request is not fully submitting after a certain length of time.

KC

Kate C.

Basic but High-Performing

GC Pay does what we need it to do, and does that well. We sometimes get pushback about asking subcontractors to use it, but 99 out of 100 times people find it to be easier than whatever method they were using before. It's a simple system that makes billing easier for us and our subcontractors. It works well for us.

Pros

We rely on GC Pay for ease of use. It's slightly more basic than some competitive products, but we find this is a huge benefit for users.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with our other software.

GA

Gahum A.

GC Pay Review

Excellent. Great customer service support.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

Have to call customer services to reverse an approval that was made by mistake. Also, need to add an option that sets a cutoff date for subs to submit bills for current month. This prevents subs from submitting pay apps late.

BM

Ben M.

Biotechnology, 501-1,000 employees

Analyst Review

GC Pay has streamlined our subcontract process and we (and all of our subs) love it! Customer service team (espeically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) is fantastic.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. This software is not intimidating and can be used by anyone at any level.

Cons

It's frustrating how it automatically approves negative CO's. I would love to be able to have the sub break those out.

TS

Tammi S.

Great software

My overall experience has been fantastic. It was the easiest implementation and syncs with our Accounting software as promised. It has made this part of my job more manageable.

Pros

It has greatly simplified our internal processes of change orders and draws for subs ensure timely payment and accuracy of their payment.

Cons

The charge per draw, we allow the subs to bill us back but I have to do a work around because if they bill back through GC Pay their will be another charge. We are considering paying for all subs fees on our projects.

JW

Judy W.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Overall is easy to use and the support team is very helpful and prompt replied

Pros

already set up the payment schedule and easy for vendor to submit claim

Cons

1) if the SOV has 500 lines with different cost code, I need to click for 500 times to map it 2) tax portion (still need to improve because we cannot claim PST on top of GST)

TS

Taylor S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and the ease of access makes my job a lot easier. Customer support is always there to help quick and efficiently.

Cons

I can't see what my subcontractors see on their end - making it difficult to help them sometimes without calling the support team.

BN

Blake N.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Transparent platform for all facets of the financial payment process

It takes the headache out of subcontractors payment unknowns. All can view transparently and know the sticking point.

Pros

All users can jump on and see the status of payments

Cons

It would be great to have the liabilities tab viewable will reviewing the payment rather than jumping from tab to tab

LR

Linda R.

GC Pay

Great so far! We would like more written instructions, but we are really pleased.

Pros

Reporting - Track our to do list. Data Entry - None in Sage Structure - Pay App - all pieces together and balanced. Reporting - Overview of projects Compliance - reminders and updates to subs.

Cons

We would like the last approver to be able to approve the SOV, Pay Apps, for all others, if they are not available.

JM

Jane M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

GC Pay review for construction co.

Pros

It is relatively easy for vendors to use and they cannot over bill etc. Also, the support team is fantastic, quick, knowledgeable and very, very helpful.

Cons

I do wish we could see emails that the vendors set up for their communication with GC Pay. If we could see the admin. who processes the pay requests etc, it would be easier than trying communicate with a PM who may or may not forward the email.

MF

Mara F.

Mara Fitzgerald - GC Pay Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to review schedules of values and subcontract payment applications.

Cons

I dislike how the releases of lien are uploaded/reviewed.

MM

Megan M.

GC Pay

Pros

Easy to integrate new projects and add new companies.

Cons

We just started using ProCore and we are having trouble with change orders syncing

CC

CHERYL C.

Tracking is great

I am happy with it. Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

I really like the Compliance and how at a glance I can tell what is needed.

Cons

That there is a time limit on how long I can delete a document that has been uploaded by a subcontractor in the Compliance tab.

at

aaron t.

GCPay review

subs billing for change orders that were not even written yet or we were even aware of. This system does the math, keeps a record of approvals, rejections, etc

Pros

integration with our accounting system, extremely fast customer service, easy to use for us and our subs

Cons

when toggling back and forth in the website it makes you search again for a particular sub then you can drill down into their individual pay apps, just a little nuisance