Plus & Minus Logo

Plus & Minus

Accounting and ERP accounting in real-time

Plus & Minus Reviews

User ratings

4.9

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Pros: -The ease of the system's navigation logic helps a lot with employee daily efficiency. They have very good tools for running special reports or for any inquires you may have.

SS

Stephen S.

Software is fabulous easy to use never lose data and you can run multiple companies.

JK

James K.

Tim and Tom have been very responsive in addressing any questions or examining any issues we have had; they and their support team are hands-on.

RC

Rowan C.

The common thread that held all these large software systems was their complexity, lack of reliability and the big-ticket expense we had to pay just to get things to work correctly.

FC

FELICIA C.

LC

Lawrence C.

SG

Susan G.

Plus & Minus users...

How would you rate Plus & Minus?

Straight forward.

Over all I am very pleased. The customer service has been excellent. Very quick to respond, and helpful in assisting when I have an issue.

Pros

As the Inside Sales Manager, I like how easy it is to track our Sale Orders and Purchase Orders. The Tie Doc feature specifically allows me to easily link the two together. Also the level of customization and flexibility when running reports is invaluable.

Cons

There can be a slight learning curve, but nothing that can't be overcome with minimal effort.

Best value and solution

Early on in my career I worked for a company using Plus & Minus. We ended up being purchased by a global company where I ended up travelling around the world supporting and installing various large-scale ERP and accounting software systems. Many were industry leading companies in their field. Over time, I realized the power in Plus & Minus compared to these behemoth business systems. The one format...

Pros

Ease of use, value, support and flexibility and scalability

Cons

At the time we used it, some end-users couldn't format the reports as easily as I would have liked but I'm pretty sure it's been added (report writer) since that was more than several versions back.

Meets all expectations

Pros

A very easy to use application that basically allows for real-time financial reporting. This has made book keeping very easy.

Full Cycle Accounting

Overall, I give Plus and Minus a 10 out of 10 stars. It has met every expectation that I have ever had and continues to surprise me. I can’t tell you how many times I have reached out for support and have been given a solution for every situation that arises.

Pros

Plus and Minus has been a dream to use for the last 11 years. I use this ERP System to seamlessly manage the financials of 3 companies. Executing inter-company transactions daily and running supporting reports to ensure all inter-company accounts are balanced is critical for our businesses. From a managerial perspective, the number of reports that you can run is endless. My team manages/supports sales and the procurement of inventory through these functions and many others.

Cons

The only con I have for Plus and Minus and I'm sure it's the same for any other ERP System is that there is a learning curve.

Medical Company

As a former CFO of a fortune 500 company with over 1100 employees in Accounting, I wish I had discovered this software sooner due to its simplicity and versatility.

Pros

It handles inter-company transactions with a click and produces consolidating financial statements in seconds. The one format makes importing as simple as 1-2-3.

Cons

There is nothing that I dont like about the software

Fast, Extremely Reliable, Flexible.

As a part-time CFO for numerous companies, I have used Plus & Minus for over 25 years. Before finding Plus & Minus I was a dealer for several of the top accounting software packages. The complexity of the other accounting software systems often resulted in long and difficult implementations. The simple, thoughtful design of Plus & Minus allows users to be up quickly and easily import the records...

Very happy long-time user

P&M handles financial aspects of our oil and gas business very well and has done so for about 15 years. Best features for us are: rapid inquiry of ANY transaction in our 15-year HISTORY, easy drill-down into journal entry data, customized self-designed reports, painless import of transactions from Excel, extensive capability to export tailor-made spreadsheets and transactions into Excel. Tim and...

Cons

Started with Plus &Minus back in 2005 and the first to use their Union Payroll System.

We are a union stone installation company that track all costs by project. Pros: -The ease of the system's navigation logic helps a lot with employee daily efficiency. -They have very good tools for running special reports or for any inquires you may have. -The time sheet allows us to charge our union labor costs by man by hour for every project...

Cons

We could use, pretty much, any accounting software... we choose Plus&Minus

Plus&Minus has been our business's accounting software for 20 years. The flexibility of Plus&Minus is a huge draw. Their concept of being able to view data in a multidimensional format has provided analysis in ways we have not experienced elsewhere. In addition, we have helped a number of businesses set up and convert from their previous accounting software. Plus&Minus has a number of built-in tools that really help in the process. Finally, ASLAN Data Services, Inc. has logged thousands of hours developing specialized utilities to supplement Plus&Minus for industry specific needs. All-in-all, any business that realizes the importance of good accounting practices and the information it provides would be well advised to take a serious look at Plus&Minus Accounting Software.

Cons

The system is built to control and monitor entries. It has the capability of doing payrolls, inventory, billings, etc as part of one purchase software system. No need to buy or install separate modules. One of the aspectsI appreciate is data is secured and you never close a year you but open new years and the detail entries remain as long you want or need to be kept. I have used the software for many years and i have had to reconstruct prior years and was able to because the entries were still visible. Another aspect of the software i appreciate is that you need to make a correction, the system requires you to do a correcting entry in lieu of changing an original entry.

Cons

The reporting options are just great!

Zumbrota Bearing and Gear has found Plus&Minus to be highly configurable with an (almost) unlimited variety of reporting options. The viewing of financial and inventory transaction detail is especially helpful when resolving data entry errors. Running multiple companies from different physical locations on a single server with millions of records is very fast. And these companies are able to share common data within the Plus&Minus accounting system. Exporting and importing tools for the various aspects of the system dramatically cut down the time that would be necessary to make the same multiple changes or updates manually.

Cons

After using many financial systems, I now only want to use +&-!!!

I used Plus and Minus in Houston, Texas and then took +&- with me to the new company (formerly Wilrig, merged into Brasil) in Lafayette, LA and then to Brasil. After six years in Brasil, when I returned to the USA, the company in Brasil continued using +&-. +&- is simple, very reliable, very fast and complete with easy interface to Excel, both inputting and exporting data. I have used an ERP system that cost millions of dollars. I would take +&- any day over the million dollar ERP system. After using many financial systems, I now only want to use +&-!!! Sincerely, John H. Guy, CPA

Cons

I have used this software since it was first available. I love it. It is a great accountingprogram

I have used Plus&Minus for many years. Easy to learn. For a construction company, like ours- it gives me all the job cost and financial info I need. I have used many different accounting softwares, in the 32 years I have been at this company and I see no reason to ever change. Last year we tried going on the QuickBooks----no comparision. We continued on using Plus&Minus. I cannot give you anything negative about this software. The support team for this software is amazing.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE