The Mortgage Office Reviews

4.83/5 (162 reviews)

Audrey McMichael

Thank goodness the software is user friendly!

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Payment processing is simple and straight forward. New loan input can sometimes be a little tricky, but instructions are available at every point. We chose to create a manual for new loan input so nothing is overlooked and all our loans are consistent. Preparation of payoff letters is very easy. Monthly report processing typically goes smoothly. We are very satisfied with this software. Customer Support is much improved! We use to cringe if we had to call in with a question, but I believe there has been some changes in that area. Everyone we have had the opportunity to e-mail with or call in the recent past has been very nice and helpful. Thank you!

Anisa Lancione

Long time user, first time reviewer. Stable, reliable tool. Strong support. Clean audits.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

For what's out there, this tool works well. As far as I can see there is no holistic product that manages the lending side of a MIC, the capital side of a MIC, robust and standard accounting tasks (financial statement generation) and exempt market issuance. But this one works really well at getting me data that can be imported into the accounting system with minimal fuss and high accuracy. The more we use it and learn about it, the more time this tool creates for our MIC team.

Jason Cosman

Overall A quality software with minor amendments required

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Very good. I would recommend it highly over the other options available on the market.

Evan Frank

Robust loan servicing package with institutional scalability

Reviewed 2015-04-23

1: We have found TMO to be highly functional. TMO performs core loan servicing very well. The development team has a deep understanding of the private lending business. The learning curve is steep, so I recommend the 2 day course which is well worth the money you will spend and the time you will save by not doing things incorrectly. The compiled help is a great reference guide for intermediates or advanced users and is well maintained. 2: We have found TMO to be scalable. One of our requirements was deploying the software across multiple physical locations. Although we encountered initial hiccups in set up, these were due to MS Office (MSO) 2010's default security settings (TMO relies upon MSO to create its attachments via mail merge). Once our IT team pinpointed the MSO security settings issue (which was quite intricate and required updating registry keys), we were able to effectively scale to 2 client workstations in 1 physical location pointing back to a SQL server at an off-site data center. The option of upgrading to the SQL version (available as another add-on 'module') gave us the confidence in the beginning when we first purchased the JET (MS Access) version that the software is robust and scalable. Our SQL upgrade and proof of concept across multiple physical locations confirmed the software is robust and scalable, and this area of functionality has performed well for us. The SQL migration tool that ABS provides made the transition fairly seamless. 3: 'Sustainable' means the software should have a long shelf life and be upgraded on a regular basis. In our 3 years there have been numerous upgrades although some were unfortunately forced, and I can't recall much new functionality being added ' most of the updates were patches or new functionality for Loan Origination or other modules we were not using. However, the platform has been around (and augmented) for 30+ years. In summary, I think the software is robust and powerful, and I give the software development team top marks in creating and maintaining an excellent product. Also AJ Poulin their VP of Sales is a pleasure to deal with, is well respected in and has deep roots in the private lending industry, and has a lot of integrity.

Nick Baumgartner

Thankful for The Mortgage Office

Reviewed 2019-04-23

The people that work there are friendly and honest. Every time I have talked to somebody they have gone out of their way to be open and truthful, even if it is not the answer we wanted to hear. I greatly appreciate it. This is true from our salesman (extremely wonderful), to the help desk and to our trainer. What really impressed me, during our training, If trainer did not know the answer, he did not try to pull the wool over our eyes and make some fictitious answer up to make himself look good. He just simply admitted that he did not know the answer and that he would research it and get back to us later. Which he did within the same day.

Annette Rubelmann

The software is so stable, I never experience downtime.

Reviewed 2017-02-14

I've been using The Mortgage Office for 5 years. My monthly invoicing process went from being a 2-day challenge to a 2-hour piece of cake. My support needs are rare, but I still run into an occasional problem because I have entered something wrong and can't find it myself. Invariably the support staff is readily available, responsive, competent, and dedicated to getting me back on track. Plus the software is so stable, I never experience downtime. Just a great product.

Megan Miller

Almost perfect

Reviewed 2016-11-07

After years of searching, I was thrilled to discover a software designed with by business in mind. The ease of purchasing and installing the software was remarkable. The amount of customizable features and the power behind this software sold me almost instantly. I am a heavy user of the construction module, and there are no options for training in this module which seems odd to me. We went to the training in CA. and learned some general tips and tricks, but were not able to gain any further knowledge into the construction module which is why went in the first place. It's very difficult to get a hold of the support line. You never get through to anyone when you call. If you opt for sending an email, you typically get a call back within the same business day. The downside is that now I am in an epic game of phone tag trying to get my software functioning and have no idea when this might be resolved. When I do have the opportunity to speak with someone I am so happy with the customer service. Bottom line I would recommend this software, but make sure you're not in a hurry to implement it.

Richard Temme

ABS-TMO Loan Service Software

Reviewed 2014-04-19

My mortgage company invested in the ABS loan service software in 1981. We were lucky to have originally selected ABS because, through the years, they have outperformed the other companies we've examined, that have developed along the way. ABS has continued to frequently upgrade not only their programs but the software and systems that drive their loan service software, TMO. I've been very happy with the customer service; however, some of our employees have on occasion expressed a desire for higher levels; in fairness, I believe the ABS customer service is above the average of most software companies with which we've dealt. Accommodating convenience and ease of use is strong. ABS allows huge volumes of supporting files, loan documents, appraisals, ETC, to be available at a click from within a specific loan file; more important is that the method they've designed does so without noticeably slowing the system. ABS appears to have strived to accommodate requirements of the many new loan servicing regulations as they have developed in recent years. Although, we have worried about ABS meeting some of the required loan service deadlines and on a few occasions began developing work around procedures in case the programming changes were not made in time. In the end, our concerns were unnecessary and ABS delivered by the regulatory deadlines. Note: The software agreement is unusual; potential clients should carefully read and understand the agreement which is easy to inadvertently violate by accessing the program from a home or other remote connection unless a single laptop is used in all locations in conjunction with a single dedicated terminal server. In the end, the negative issues mentioned herein are relatively small in relationship to the overall quality and ease of use of the product and of the company's history of updating the quality and performance of their systems as well as accommodating the required regulatory changes. I have not seen another system I'd rather have; even at a much higher price.

Brett Zaroff

Should've bought it years earlier!

Reviewed 2016-12-13

I've used different loan servicing products over the years, and The Mortgage Office is hands down light years ahead of other systems I would know because I purchased and used 3 other products! Each one I bought was mainly based on cost (they were cheaper). I really wish I had bought The Mortgage Office the first time around. It's very easy to use, the tech people are fantastic, and it's a robust system that has bulletproof calculations and does everything a private lender could ever dream of. Whether running statements or filtering loans by type, everything is just a click or two away. I am very happy with this software great product, great company, great time in place. I highly recommend it for anyone servicing loans it's a great value.

Sandra Terrebonne

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your services.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

Joshua Amini

Great Product / Weak Service

Reviewed 2016-07-25

The sales pitch was outstanding. If you want to get someone on the phone from the sales team, boom - they're on. The software itself has been a godsend. We were doing all of our statements on Word and Excel, and we would spend ours getting everything right. As we've grown in size (we have over $150 million in loans outstanding now), we almost had no choice to buy software to help manage the behemoth we've become. We sampled some other cheaper software, but The Mortgage Office is clearly the best one out there. That doesn't mean it's perfect - I am not a big fan of the statements the software generates. For example, on an investor statement, the "interest paid in 2016" box at the top right of the statement shows the gross interest paid. I essentially want it to show the net interest paid (interest less servicing fees). There is an option to do that, but then the statement hides the servicing fees we charge our investors. I like to be transparent and show our investor what they are getting net, but also show them the servicing fees. To get this done The Mortgage Office wanted to charge huge sums of money to customize. I am also not a big fan of the investor statements in general, there are a lot of aesthetic issues that need to be fixed, but they refuse to do it unless I pay them. Regardless of the minor issues described above, the software is good and worth the money. My biggest gripe is with customer support. When you get the support team on the phone, they are incredibly polite and knowledgeable, and always solve my problems. I would give the 5 stars if I could. The reason I am giving them 2 stars is not because of them, they are great. They are just incredibly understaffed, and I've never gotten one of them on the phone. I have to leave a message, and they rarely get back to you same day. It usually takes 24-48 hours, which is just absurd in our business. I even told one of the owners that I am willing to pay a much higher monthly fee (it's about $175 per month for service) if they could staff properly and have people pick up the phone when you call. I would seriously pay about $500/month to make this possible. I am running a $150 million business, and I need to know that I can reach someone within minutes when I have a time sensitive question. This is the reason I would most likely not recommend this product. If they can resolve this issue I would give the company all 5 stars.

Rohit Patel

Great working Modules with support at hand.

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Having friendly and professional statements for Loans, Investors which can be e-mailed & printed.

Dianne McMaster

The conversion from our previous software, training and implementation was a breeze.

Reviewed 2018-03-23

Efficiencies are key to a great team. This software allows my team to manage the easier aspects of the job quickly and easily leaving them more time to focus on other projects.

Carol Ussery

We love TMO, we use it all day, every day

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Ability to service more loans, this program helps track everything we do as a team, lates, payments, interest rate changes, multiple lenders, multiple vendors, fractionalized notes, credti reporting, IRS reporting, online access for borrowers and lenders, and on and on and on.

Jason Reedy

Quality Product, Excellent Customer Service, Would Recommend to Others

Reviewed 2014-04-22

(Note: Capterra only allows a maximum of 2,500 characters for a review. Thus below is only the bullet points. For full details, I have uploaded the full review to the public folder on my Dropbox at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26145970/TMO%20Review.pdf) Summary: Very good product, I would recommend to anyone looking for a simple to use client/server loan servicing solution. Modules Purchased: * Loan Servicing * ACH Express Users: 10 Architecture: Local Client/Server using JetEngine on MS Access Pros: * Rich Functionality - a lot of functionality, probably more than you will need * Customizable Interface - main search grid can be customized by user * Quick Search - you can lookup an account by almost anything in the account record * Document Generation - easily publish statements, coupons, payoff, ets. * Audit Trail - logs important events and changes in an Event Journal * Categories - quick way to add custom fields by which to filter and sort your accounts * Open Architecture - database tables are exposed allowing you to create customer reports * Exporting - can easily access documents and results into Excel, Adobe, or RTF formats * Custom Letters - quickly send customers a custom letter * Customer Support - excellent customer service Cons: * "Old World" Interface - old client/server style interface * "As Of" Reporting - you need to run reports on the day you want them (i.e. on month-end) * Historical Editing - no simple way to edit your loan history without reversing transactions * Licensing Structure - geared more toward mass employee servicing departments * Online Self-Service - none really to speak of * Manual Payments - payments need to be applied manually for charges and fees * Categories - many fields of information are only exposed if you use categories, which requires you to double enter the information

Loren Dunnam-Nohelty

So functional!

Reviewed 2019-10-08

My overall experience has been pleasant. After the training, it was realized that we could use many other parts of this software in other parts of our daily business. We have even seamlessly added another kind of loan service for our citizens.

Robert Kearney

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed Support.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

Great loan servicing software

Reviewed 2019-03-30

Mortgage Office is a great tool for loan servicing that can be customized and queried in many ways. The audit and reporting functions also work great as well the customer support group. It’s very accurate and updated routinely to ensure compatibility. Overall easy to use loan management software, would highly recommend!

Michael Morrison

Have used this software for 7 years, works very well, we have had very few issues.

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Excellent handling of Trust Accounting. You can sell a loan to multiple investors, assign any percentage you want, and program handles split payments perfectly. have never had a problem with an investor check in 7 years. Customer support is also excellent (although I rarely use it).

David Mandel

Great Experience

Reviewed 2016-08-29

The Mortgage Office has done a great job of adapting for the Canadian Market. The software and support provided for an easy transition for us. Thanks to The Mortgage Office we were able to discard our previous software which had dissappointed us and get up and running with The Mortgage Office in surprising time. Our investors are thrilled with the reports they receive generated by the program.

Chris Haddon

It's the flagship software in our industry and I can say it definitely makes us more money

Reviewed 2017-06-16

It makes our company money in a few ways: 1) ACH payments to investors and accompanying notification by email. Every week when we send out interest payments, investors reply and offer to send us more capital. 2) Timely borrower payments. The paper and email payment coupons plus being able to pay by check or ACH ends up collecting a higher percentage of payments than we would get prior to using TMO. 3) Reporting. We're able to keep a close eye on our portfolio which is very useful for managing defaults but it also allows us to keep good client data in front of our sales people that they turn into more loans.

Michelle Scribner

We Passed Our Audit!

Reviewed 2017-01-30

We were recently audited by the California Bureau of Real Estate. The auditor came into the office, realized we were using The Mortgage Office for all of our loan servicing, asked for specific reports (because they were so personally familiar with the software) and never asked another question! They trusted our information, knowing fully that the software would report any discrepancies in our business practices. Audits are so stressful but because we used this software, it was a BREEZE! And so nice to know that a state agency fully trusts it as well.

Kristina Sawyer

Customer Service Makes A Difference

Reviewed 2019-09-16

The customer service has been top notch, specially the sales team and the Support Team. The software is visually appealing and operates similar to Excel in the list view. It's user friendly from the entry level employee to the controller, who primarily focuses on the trust accounting.

Angela Liu

Multiple useful functionalities; increased efficiency of processing significantly.

Reviewed 2017-10-23

It's an integrated program that includes multiple functions, from loan management, to trust accounting, to investor management. The software has excellent accuracy and has been able to increase efficiency of processing at our company significantly. Our company went through several different similar products so far, and this is the best one.

Anonymous

A true revelation for those in the private money lending industry.

Reviewed 2018-02-21

It has given our company the tools needed to service our growing portfolio with ease.

Sarah Huber

Likes and Dislikes

Reviewed 2019-10-08

We like the ability to house all of our loans into one system and keep track of all the necessary information.

Brett Zaroff

When you tried all the rest and are ready for the BEST !

Reviewed 2017-08-12

It has allowed me to continue servicing loans in house properly.

Garrett Roddie

Plug and Play; All our loan servicing needs were immediately met with little initial setup or cost

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Plug and Play; Powerful servicing tool that is easy to understand, navigate, and function. Also is great come tax time.

James Melton

Huge help for me to streamline my business

Reviewed 2018-04-25

The ability it has given me to focus on making deals and not updating 100 different spreadsheets. I was working between spreadsheets daily, updating new loans, draws , and investor payments. Having this all in one place has been a game changer!

Mariska Cooper

This software makes servicing our loans so easy, organized and slick.

Reviewed 2017-10-23

The ability to automate and customize so much information and communication with our borrowers and investors.

Michael Spears

The Mortgage Office is extremely user friendly

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Tracking and Auditing support.

Ben Shen

User friendly, time saving CRM that we couldn't function without.

Reviewed 2018-05-03

From managing our loans to accounting functions all the way down to detailed payment coupons this system really does it all. We've been using it for over 5 years and are very happy with it.

Eric Covey

The Mortgage Office is very capable software.

Reviewed 2018-06-20

I most value The Mortgage Office's versatility and capabilities. I service many thousands of loans very easily from the software.

Kip Adkins

TMO is the gold standard for private money loan origination and servicing

Reviewed 2017-08-14

the software is easy to use, customize-able and easy to add and edit forms. Most of the applicable fields are readily available

Scott Ferguson

Surprisingly Impressed

Reviewed 2017-03-06

I am rarely impressed with new application specific software, most of the time the developer has not considered the many facets and nuances of the industry or its participant's workflows and as a result has a generic product that is 80% effective. After exhaustive searching, demonstrations, and trial periods, The Mortgage Office was the most logical choice for us. I have been through many enterprise software Implementations, and all of them were time-consuming and frustrating, I can say The Mortgage Office is easier than most. Support is knowledgeable and responsive. There are many customizable features which is great; but also takes some time getting familiar with them all to make it operate the way you want. Overall we have been very happy with the results, our servicing time has decreased by more than 50% and at the same time accuracy has improved.

Anastasiya Piashkova

TMO to the rescue

Reviewed 2019-10-04

it is constantly being updated to stay relevant to the needs of money lender of all sorts.

Judy Daviduk

Great Program

Reviewed 2018-05-07

statements, ability to sort specific information on files. Professional payout statements, good support.

Michela D'Andrea

Great tool with even greater reliability and functionality

Reviewed 2018-05-08

- User friendly, easy to train new hires - Smart views are a great tool for collections - Emailing from TMO is easy

Todd Pigott

The software simply works and does exactly what it should do with no bugs

Reviewed 2018-02-20

Ease, accuracy, long established Vendor. product is the best in this class by far and we have used 2 others.

Steven Ettenheim

northstar mortgage investments, inc. review

Reviewed 2019-01-14

running a small mortgage origination and servicing operation

Jennifer Alonzo

Outstanding Service

Reviewed 2016-12-14

The entire staff at TMO are awesome! They're always ready to help you with any questions or concerns you might have. I highly recommend this software to anyone who enjoys an easy life.

Bill Kurtz

Best fit for our company

Reviewed 2019-01-02

So far our experience has been very good with TMO. They have been very responsive and flexible with some of our unique needs.

Mildred Avila

The WOW Servicing Software

Reviewed 2016-12-06

TMO never fails to impress in their up-to-date upgrades and ease of use. Our company has been a customer for 8 years so far and are glad we chose their software.

Peggy Hicks

The Mortgage Office (TMO)

Reviewed 2018-12-27

The Smart View Option. I can now sort accounts by days past due for easy reporting.

G Bonine

Reviewed 2017-08-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Customer Support is always there to help whenever it is needed. Good value for the money. Software is extremely versatile, and is easy to use.

Emiliano Zapata

Let's keep things simple: TMO is the best, period.

Reviewed 2017-12-15

The TMO team has a comprehensive understanding of our business, the expertise and extensive knowledge of real estate investments, and the mortgage industry which is highly necessary in this industry. What makes this company to be the best its their people. They are the greatest asset of this firm. They are a team of professionals who work hard, strive for professional growth and find innovative solutions for their customers.

Amanda Le

Simple but Great

Reviewed 2019-10-04

This software is very simple and user friendly.

Simon Thaler

A strong tool

Reviewed 2017-02-24

This is a powerful and useful program. In my old job, I serviced 60-80 active loans at any given time using work-arounds in Excel. It was a little stressful and time consuming with Excel. Now, in my new position, I comfortably service nearly 200 (and counting) active loans. The icing on the cake is the great customer support. They are very patient and really take their time walking you through your needs and questions. I highly recommend taking the two day training seminar at their offices after you've been using the program for six to twelve months.

Jen Fitzgerald

Reviewed 2014-05-08

The Mortgage Office software has been a vital tool in streamlining the operations and increasing the efficiency of our company. The information maintained by the software and attention to detail that it allows has been crucial in maintaining a high quality of service for our clients. In addition, the improvements to our internal reporting thanks to TMO has made a significant impact on our business. The support team for The Mortgage Office is very helpful. Applied Business Software/The Mortgage Office is very responsive to customers' needs. A notable point regarding TMO is that customization of the software is tricky. The support team is always available to help walk you through any confusing questions or ideas; however, if the product you are offering is highly customized, you may find it difficult to work within the TMO system. On the plus side, Applied Business Software is absolutely dedicated to listening to customer feedback, and that feedback does not just get filed away and ignored. That feedback leads to real results; the programmers have added a function to the system that our company had directly requested! To us, that is top quality customer service, and in return allows us to turn around and provide top quality service to our own customers.

Chandler Hoopes

Does everything you need it to do, and with a streamlined interface.

Reviewed 2017-09-11

Ability to focus on core business functions while still maintaining portfolio awareness.

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-09-18

Overall, I am impressed, especially by the ability to customize fields and save in formats that are ready for presentations to the board, or management.

Jessica Brennan

Very detailed software, plenty of add on features as your company grows.

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Better loan tracking, up to date web publishing for our clients. Notifications for direct deposit transfers, amortization and history reports with ease.

Jeje Policarpio

It was a very productive training

Reviewed 2017-10-23

Makes our work much more easier.

Denise Howard

Feeling empowered and confident to start our new loan servicing business with the support of TMO

Reviewed 2017-09-22

I like the visual aspect of the ease of locating the major components of loan servicing which are; loans, lenders, vendors and trust accounting. The All Loans screen gives you all the information in a nutshell. The reports are plentiful to please and dazzle all business partners and owners. My recent absorption of The Mortgage Office was at the two-training course, which is a MUST for all users.

BJ Abel

Short Time User

Reviewed 2017-01-11

Our organization has been utilizing "The Mortgage Office" for loan tracking for a total of 11 days. Even though we are a short time user, the setup was very easy and understandable. Processing loan payments are quick and accurate (as long as all your dates are correct). The training we received in December before implementation was very useful and assisted in the original setup of the product. We are still learning all the reports and functions but support has been great in assisting and we are currently working with them to possibly create a custom report for our use. Once we completely understand all the features this software will be a great benefit to our organization.

Amanda Cowin

This new software is very comprehensive and will streamline our loan servicing.

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Streamlining our Servicing Procedures. Saving ample amount of time running invoices and reports manually.

Joshua Nevarez

The Mortgage Office from the Perspective of the Auditor

Reviewed 2014-08-05

Our firm has been auditing in the private lending, or more commonly referred to "Mortgage Pool", industry for nearly 20 years. As the partner lead of our firm's mortgage pool practice, I have been auditing clients that use The Mortgage Office for nearly 15+ years and I can attest to the fact that TMO is the most prevalently used software platform in the industry. From an audit perspective, the software is fantastic!! If used correctly and to it's fullest potential, the software is extremely reliable and produces a myriad of reports that are paramount to accurate record-keeping and the financial statement audit process. Although we are not hands on users of the software, we have an intimate experience with the software from an "accounting" and "auditing" perspective. TMO is the "go to" software of virtually all of our mortgage pool clients and unless prospective clients are looking to spend six figures plus on a custom software platform, we advise all of our prospects to strongly consider TMO as their software solution.

helen nguyen

Wonderful

Reviewed 2017-11-16

I like how this software is pretty straightforward and easy to use. It also has a help button that is useful.

Angie Moyer

From what I've seen, the system will make our jobs much easier!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Once we get up and running, the time savings for our job processes will become more streamlined and also help in the reduction of errors since we will be processing in real-time. Also, the reporting is fantastic!

Cecelia Geter

I am a new to The Mortgage Office software and the training was very informative.

Reviewed 2017-11-13

Knowing how each aspect of the software to my advantage in servicing my homeowners. The benefit of my homeowner and investors having the ability to review the status of the loan and history. It is also user friendly.

David Brody

There is no substitute

Reviewed 2014-04-17

If you are looking for servicing software look no further. This product is easy to use, gives you the ability to have multiple lenders in a loan, and has GREAT customer service. If you need anything, from a simple question to a unique situation, this team can do it and walk you through it. The software has great reports, that look very professional and allow you to customize what you would like to list. From posting to investor distribution this software does it all. Just a few people can do the work of many since it automates just about everything. You save on people, and that is the most expensive part of your business. We had demonstrations from 4 other software packages, and nothing came close. We have been using the mortgage office for the past 5 year, and do not have any regrets. If you are looking for mortgage servicing software, stop looking, step up and buy The Mortgage Office. D. Brody B&Z Asset Management Corp. Miami FL

Chris Gleason

Completely Intuitive

Reviewed 2011-02-27

If you have any significant experience with computing software at all, The Mortgage Office is completely intuitive. It gets the job done, doesn't allow you to make silly errors, runs quick and clean, and presents information in a professional, logical manner. The customer service from Applied Business Software is always readily available and each support rep has extensive knowledge of the software. If it can be done, they know how to do it.

Nicole O'Connor

Great Software

Reviewed 2016-10-11

The Mortgage Office software has made my job infinitely easier and I am far more organized now that I can access the majority of the information from one program instead of needing 5 screens to accomplish one task. I love the way it prints reports that I no longer have to type! As a Canadian user, there are a few very small details that could be more specific to Canada, but they do not impede the overall usefulness of the program. I would highly recommend purchasing the Underwriting program in addition to the administration as it will, again, eliminate yet another external source you will have to enter data from. Definitely takes a bit to get used to all the features, but overall, I am impressed by the functionality of this program and I would highly recommend it. Even beyond the scope of the actual program itself, ABS Inc.'s customer service is impeccable. 5 Stars!

Dale Sandberg

Very Pleased

Reviewed 2017-02-23

I began working with a new Loan Servicing company about 1 month ago. The TMO system has been very user friendly. I recently went to the 2-day training seminar and was able to get a better understanding of the system and how to better utilize its capabilities within my organization. The software and the personnel that support it are very accommodating.

Annalisa Esquivel

I enjoyed the 2 day training. The instruction was easy to follow and very detailed.

Reviewed 2018-02-28

The software is user friendly and easy to navigate through. I was impressed with the shortcuts to save time.

Ron Valles

Love this software as it's full service

Reviewed 2017-12-21

I like that we could do quite a bit of tasks in keeping track of extensive loan portfolio. I like the new features that we included that allow us to communicate with customers via email / text messages. It's pretty comprehensive and easy to send letters.

Joshua Liberman

The best choice

Reviewed 2016-12-20

We reviewed every Mortgage Administration software vendor available before choosing TMO. This was the clear and only choice to trust our business and reputation with our Borrowers and Investors accounts. Before Verifund was started, I worked with another large mortgage fund that had invested over $1 Million dollars in having custom Mortgage Admin Software created. It had a fraction of the functionality, was questionably accurate, and required on-going support to fix internal bugs. It also required 8 full-time people to manage the portfolio. TMO does a better job, with great accuracy, and a long list of useful features and efficiencies. This, in our opinion, is the only choice for Mortgage Administration software needed by those in our profession to run a smooth and successful operation.

Anonymous

Great software, excellent team and sales and support staff

Reviewed 2019-04-23

The ability to easily distribute professional looking payoffs, payments, statement of accounts and all of the reports they have built in allows an extra layer of transparency and keeps our clients satisfied.

Jared Waldman

Reviewed 2014-09-25

I've been in the mortgage business for over twenty years and have had the opportunity to use several software solutions available to the industry. There is nothing out there in the marketplace that can really compare to The Mortgage Office. It's extremely powerful and easy to use. If you're new to the business the software will keep you within the proper guidelines of both law and practice. If you're an experienced mortgage broker, you will have the flexibility to configure the day to day operations to your own way of doing things. The customization is almost limitless. There is no report that I can't generate. If it's not in the many templates provided, I can create it with the available tools. In addition, and often overlooked until it's too late, the backup and security tools are fantastic!

Jacob Goldstein

The Mortgage Office Servicing Software

Reviewed 2014-06-30

We had used a different loan servicing software for our Texas Tax Loan portfolio prior to purchasing The Mortgage Office (TMO). The recommended training sessions helped us understand and appreciate the rich functionality and ease of use of TMO and at the same time made it clear that initial setup requires guidance which we readily received from TMO's excellent support team. With the system all setup TMO reliably manages our loan portfolio, calculates and generates monthly statements, generates comprehensive reports, calculates investor income and automatically generates bank transactions. The TMO MISMO interface exports loans from our loan origination software and imports complete loan files into TMO Servicing. I highly recommend TMO for portfolios of any size and complexity.

Jennie Vaughn

Makes my job easier!

Reviewed 2014-04-17

I've been using The Mortgage Office for the past 14 years but our company owner has been using the software since it was first created. In the last 14 years since I've worked with the software, we've utilized many of the modules offered: Loan Origination, Loan Servicing, Trust Accounting, Default, ACH, Mortgage Pool Servicing and the Tax Form Management and Printing. It's convenient to have a single software program that fits so many needs. An especially favorite feature of mine is ability to create and personalize forms and templates; that is a huge time saver for me! I find the software to be very user friendly and the technical support staff is also friendly and patient - I've learned lots from them! I honestly can't imagine using any other software nor do I want to!

Qiana Rouse

My experience has been a pleasant one so far.

Reviewed 2017-10-23

I like the software many features, as well as the software functionalities. I like that everything is in one place.

Nicola Gareri

Reconstruction of lost data records - six months of entries completed in three weeks

Reviewed 2015-03-27

Disaster was averted thanks to the kind assistance from the team at ABS. My client uses TMO daily and it is a most critical tool of their business. An unexpected data loss forced us to reconstruct the data records and we had to use untrained staff and multiple computers. As a result, we tested various aspects of the Customer Service team at ABS and I'm sure we may have frustrated them at times. But, they came through for us and my client is back up and running and was able to meet statutory compliance deadlines only because of the understanding and kind assistance provided by ABS. I am new to TMO but I was able to learn and use all of the critical areas applicable to my client with ease. The product is very customizable and very powerful.

Tim Merritt

TMO is an awesome product and I wish we had invested in it sooner.

Reviewed 2016-12-28

I haven't had one bad experience with TMO. The training was fantastic.The customer service is great. The flexibility of the product is outstanding. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for well-designed loan servicing software.

Leonard Simon

THE FANTASTIC MORTGAGE OFFICE FROM ABS

Reviewed 2014-09-07

I am one of the earliest user of The Mortgage Office software. I believe I first started using The Mortgage Office in 1980. At that time the owners of APPLIED BUSINESS SOFTWARE (ABS) had opened an office across the street from my Mortgage Company, South Bay Mortgage Co., Inc., in Lawndale, CA. I have been using their software since then and am still using it today, 34 years later. Their support team and incredible updates have kept me negotiating loans, managing my trust accounts, and servicing loans since I walked across the street and fell in love with their software. My wife and I consider the owners, Jerry and Eddy Delgado, as one of our best friends. Their knowledge of the Mortgage Loan industry is unsurpassed as is their software.

Aric Laky

A Team Effort

Reviewed 2014-06-12

We purchased The Mortgage Office loan servicing software a little over a year ago when we had maybe 100 loans. At the time we were outsourcing the servicing functions, and were looking for better control of the portfolio. Existing Mortgage Office customers recommended the software as the only way to go, saying that it was accurate to a fault and fully featured. We now have over 635 loans totaling in excess of $225,000,000. The software has definitely facilitated that growth, the software support folks have been with us the whole time, and we absolutely love the software. The entire Applied Business Software team has been terrific. We made the right software decision, and we would recommend this product and this company to anyone!

Freddie Mills

Reviewed 2018-10-16

The Mortgage Office has made my loan servicing process much faster and much more efficient. I can now run all kinds of statements in a matter of seconds.

Marvin Deleon Guerrero

Review of The Mortgage Office

Reviewed 2014-04-24

Overall usability of product/application interface is straightforward and easy. The report generating aspects of The Mortgage Office (TMO) makes it easy for our company to perform various analytical tasks with respect to auditing individual loan accounts for accuracy and consistency. The included loan origination and loan servicing forms and letters provide for additional resources for effective information-sharing and correspondence with our clients. The Borrower Tasks and Reports (loan servicing) makes issuing regular monthly statements less mundane and much easier to perform. Lastly, the technical support and customer service aspects of the product are incomparable. Overall, The Mortgage Office is an excellent product!

Loren Dunnam-Nohelty

Remarkable

Reviewed 2018-03-02

I get precision in all my numbers. I am confident to hand over a statement to a client.

Noemi Isidro

Mortgage Office

Reviewed 2014-04-24

Overall, Mortgage Office is very good. The system is a great help in our database maintenance and servicing/processing of all loan and lender transactions. The support group is accomodating and quick to respond. We hope the system will have more reporting capabilities and features like being able to generate a single report showing all the information of the loans that are entered in all the tabs in the loan set up as well as other reports filtered by category or criteria. More security/control features in deleting of files is needed as sometimes loan files are accidentally deleted by other users. We wish the system could be faster, as it can get really slow when there are many users.

EMILY SUMMERS

TIME WELL SPENT

Reviewed 2016-08-26

GREAT INFORMATION AND TAKE WITH YOU MATERIALS. RIK WAS INFORMATIVE AND RECEPTIVE TO ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS.

Andrew Ainsa

Simply the best!

Reviewed 2017-09-21

The software is geared for what we do, but is very flexible if we wanted to expand. Support is excellent. Everything is well thought out. Simply the best!

Dianne McMaster

Reviewed 2014-04-21

The software itself is easy to learn, use and manage the mortgage portfolio. There are too many great features to name them all but the most effective for our business is the conversation logs and the reminders. The reminders have proven to be extremely helpful to our payment takers by insuring that we collect information needed at the source. The conversation logs and follow up task feature is very useful for our collection efforts by insuring quick follow-up on all issues. The customer service support for The Mortgage Office is second to none! They answer questions and help find solutions quickly. That is now and always has been the key to efficiency within any business.

Ashley Willingham

Great program

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-28

Venus Sanford

Training and Staff excellent & personable

Reviewed 2019-06-19

I liked the working with Ramiro in support, he is very knowledgeable on the software. It was great meeting the staff and having a face to the name. All staff was personable and the ease of communication was great.

Mike Rhine

Great loan servicing software

Reviewed 2014-04-24

We have been using The Mortgage Office software for nearly ten years and recommend it highly. The software is very robust, yet is easy to use. With the availability of different modules, you can purchase just the services that are applicable for your situation. Over the years, we have added additional modules as we have expanded our loan offerings. The sales team always has been very helpful to make sure we are getting what we need to service our loans. The customer service is also very good. The representatives are knowledgeable and work to resolve issues very quickly. I would definitely recommend The Mortgage Office to anyone looking for loan servicing software!

Andie Podwika

TMO makes my job so much easier

Reviewed 2014-08-07

The customer service is phenomenal. ABS will go above and beyond to fit the specific needs of your company. I love the fact that you can customize the program to function how you need it to. The software is pretty difficult to use and understand, but you learn to get the hang of it. I still don't fully understand the details of what I am doing when I enter terms into the system. However, it has freed up about 60% of my week by automating our process. We can now send notices, interest bills, and payoff statements through the system. We used to have to create these manually which left a lot of room for error. I am extremely happy we decided to go with ABS/TMO.

Markie Ingram

The reports are easy to read. Customers love the new receipts and format.

Reviewed 2017-08-21

Customer support is awesome! The response time is very quick and they are patient and make sure all aspects of the issues are resolved.

Ron Luis Valles

Love this software - User Friendly and great time saver!

Reviewed 2015-10-27

This is a great user-friendly software with parallels to Microsoft Word and Excel that will save a lot of time in managing our extensive loan portfolio. I took the training at their corporate headquarters and was quite impressed with a personable staff who explained the features of the software and also WANT TO HELP! I can't wait to put into practice some nice components such as emailing of statements, mail merge of letters and reports, etc.. This software will also eliminate duplication of logs and reports in Excel, plus save a couple of trees by not having to print so much paper. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Mortgage Office!

Suzie Reboredo

Awesome

Reviewed 2014-09-26

What can I say this software is AWESOME!!! it has revolutionised the way we do business. The software is so easy to use and adaptable to our needs. As far as the Customer Service is concerned I have never dealt with a company that is so professional, helpful and knowledgeable in my 25 years of work. AJ Poulin is amazing at what he does and Joann in the customer service department is always willing to help and assists with any of my questions and by the end of the call my queries are solved. Also as we are an Australian Company the time difference never causes an issue and Joann and/or AJ go beyond working hours when needed to assist us.

George Blackburne

There For Us in a Pinch

Reviewed 2014-04-19

Blackburne & Sons has been using The Mortgage Office to service our portfolio of hard money commercial first mortgages for over 15 years. We could not run our company without it. Others will tell you the same thing. But here's a story of heroism and loyalty. About 11 years ago we somehow crashed our software due to our own error. The monthly check run was coming up, and we were serious trouble. The two owners of The Mortgage Office worked 15+ hours per day on Friday, on Saturday, and on Sunday ... and they somehow retrieved our data. I genuinely love the folks at Applied Business Software. They literally saved my 33-year-old company.

Phillip R. Jago

I like them

Reviewed 2014-04-22

I started off with Brand X and I'm not going to say who they are however I had to completely change programs over to The Mortgage Office and I was surprised for one thing that it worked the first time. They helped me get started and were very friendly Brand X treated me like I was an idiot. I was able to figure out the program on my own with little help however I call them every now and then and they get me through my problems rather quickly. I will never change after being with ABS. I have been using it now for at least 10 years. I use both the servicing and the origination portion of their program. Seems to get better with every upgrade.

Stuart Adamson

Great targetted organisational softwar

Reviewed 2019-08-15

Tailored for my industry so although it does need some editing, its got the features i require snd the topics required

Liz Riester

We have been using the software about eight months now

Reviewed 2015-08-31

This software is unbelievable! It covers everything you can imagine that has to do with a mortgage and the supporting paperwork that goes along with it. Many, many templates for letters, etc that you may have to send out. The customers love the detailed statements. As for our office, we love the ease of entering payments, running the escrow software, and the availability of all the information at a push of a button. And if you want great customer service, you will find it here. Each representative is knowledgeable and very helpful in helping us figure things out. Great product!

Mercedes Donoso

We found what we were looking for

Reviewed 2014-04-30

After a few years of struggling to find a program adequate for our company, we were recommended to use Mortgage Office. We have had Mortgage Office since 2010 and have never had a problem with the program. It has everything we needed and what we were looking for. Everyone at Applied Business has been very helpful from the start. We were constantly calling them for their assistance at the beginning and they were always friendly and professional and very helpful. They would stay on the line with us until we felt comfortable and understood the situation . I would strongly recommend this program!

Julian Wang

Great Experience!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

I learnt a lot from TMO's Seminar. I didn't realized that this software can do so many things. Also, they are trying to provide more and more functions and services to their clients. They are really hearing what we are saying. At the beginning, we had many questions, but the support team replied quickly, and kindly to help us out. We have decided to buy a new module, and I believe TMO will help us thrive and I am sure they will, too. Great experience with TMO. I am glad we made a right choice.

Grace Ona

Best Mortgage Software

Reviewed 2016-03-15

We run a hard money loan operation and prior to using The Mortgage Office we were scrambling to get reports we needed and had to go through so many different hoops to get what we wanted. With TMO our load has been cut tremendously. The software is extremely versatile and can handle just about any task you throw at it. Moreover, the customer service is very friendly and goes above and beyond the call of duty to help through challenges. I highly recommend that anyone doing anything in the mortgage business use their software. They are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherijo Damico

The Mortgage Office has allowed me to bring our mortgages "in house" so we have better control.

Reviewed 2015-06-10

There are absolutely NO "cons" to this program. It is 100% the best program out there and can be customized to fulfill your needs. I am still learning all the types of reports etc. that I can do. It has made me much more efficient in my job and I am much more productive. I did a lot of research and spoke with several companies that already has The Mortgage Office software and got the most favorable responses. I am so glad that my CEO allowed me to buy this program. Our organization is running much smoother as a result. And the customer service is amazing!!!

Alex Nackoul

Absolutely the best loan servicing software for the private mortgage industry! Period.

Reviewed 2015-04-17

The ABS Software is the easiest and most efficient loan servicing software to use. It was designed for mortgage people who want to save time and money. It is a dependable and flexible system supported by a staff of caring and thoughtful people. At Brownstone, we use the ABS loan servicing module, the trust accounting module, the partnership module and the CMO module; all wonderful products. If you are not using the product lines of ABS, you should give them a call today. You will save so much time, money and worry! Great company, great people, great products.

Angela Ruland

Found what we were looking for

Reviewed 2015-06-12

We looked through many products, to find the right fit for our business. As many of you know, who have or are searching yourselves for the right software, it's time consuming and often a total disappointment! The cost of the product is high as well as the promises it will do everything you need and more, until it doesn't. When we decided on The Mortgage Office, we found the right fit for us! It really is the best software for servicing we've found! We are happy to now streamline the work flow so we can continue to grow our company with ease!