The Mortgage Office Logo

The Mortgage Office

Web-based mortgage and loan servicing software

The Mortgage Office Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.53/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall, I am impressed, especially by the ability to customize fields and save in formats that are ready for presentations to the board, or management.
TMO will make that growth painless and fluid as we keep our Veteran communities happy with great costumer service that TMO helps up provide.
And if you ever have any questions, you can always call customer support and they get back to you fast with how to resolve anything. I love that this software is easy to customize to your preference.
Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem.
I don't like that if you noticed a mistake from last month and you have entered 5 entries since then that you have to delete all the entries after and then re-enter everything.
We used it for about 1.5 years, and the final straw was when we felt coerced to pay more money or they would disable our access to our data under threat from their lawyers that we breached contract.

The Mortgage Office users...

LOAN SERVICING SOFT-logo

LOAN SERVICING SOFT

The Nortridge Loan System-logo

The Nortridge Loan System

Salesforce Sales Cloud-logo

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Mortgage Automator-logo

Mortgage Automator

How would you rate The Mortgage Office?

Tech support from TMO is the gold standard

We had an issue with an update and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made sure that we were back up and running without losing any data.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the tech support department was a great help and will be my go to when I need help with TMO. Friendly, professional and fast. It is greatly appreciated!

Cons

Would like to see more options with hiding paid out accounts on the system.

Likes and Dislikes

Pros

We like the ability to house all of our loans into one system and keep track of all the necessary information.

Cons

We would like to be able to batch uploaded documents under the attachment section of each loan, rather than having to individually add them. Our files house upwards of 50+ documents and it is extremely time consuming and tedious to have to individually upload them.

Multiple useful functionalities; increased efficiency of processing significantly.

Pros

It's an integrated program that includes multiple functions, from loan management, to trust accounting, to investor management. The software has excellent accuracy and has been able to increase efficiency of processing at our company significantly. Our company went through several different similar products so far, and this is the best one.

Cons

The software does not easily accommodate different companies' different processes. Anything that differs from a typical business model requires manual workarounds, which can be time-consuming.

A true revelation for those in the private money lending industry.

It has given our company the tools needed to service our growing portfolio with ease.

Pros

The flexibility of customizing the various features to fix any private lending business model. The Mortgage Office is constantly evolving and fills many needs all in one.

Cons

It can be costly to get going. There are a lot of different add-on modules that may be needed to get the software to perform what you want it to.

TMO

The response from our Sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been fantastic. He is always willing to help. The Help Desk as well has been great.

Pros

The ease in which we can post payments and reconcile accounts. Also the ability to import the Lockbox payments.

Cons

Trying to find reports or create reports for our needs. Mail merge options are not sufficient for our needs. More fields are needed in the Mail Merge (The Mortgage Office Word)

The Mortgage Office/ BEB Capital

Staying on top of our Investors (Lenders) monthly distributions and overall investment portfolio, has made the first year of our lending platform operate quite efficiently.

Pros

The Mortgage Office is an extremely efficient program that helps us manage every aspect of our loans. We are able to produce a wide range of reports at the click of a button.

Cons

I am satisfied with the software, and going forward I would like to see the option of changing our Lender rate after a loan closes. This would be helpful to manage our leveraged loans.

Great Company

I would say that working with The Mortgage Office has been great. Easy company to work with and they go over and above to help you with any issue.

Pros

We love the ease of us and the reporting features.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I would say is a con.

When you tried all the rest and are ready for the BEST !

It has allowed me to continue servicing loans in house properly.

Pros

Easy to configure, easy to use, does everything that a lender servicing loans could ask for and has so many different capabilities allowing you to buy only what you need for your business. Nothing negative to say, it's the best servicing software I have purchased and I have bought 3 before this purchase.

The Mortgage Office

The Mortgage Office is a great program.

Pros

I use the software to complete my work. I can now send reports, notices, interest bills, and payoff statements through the system. It is easy to use and easy to learn. It can be confusing and difficult at first then it gets easier the longer you use it.

Cons

We don't get the notices when there is a update.

Plug and Play; All our loan servicing needs were immediately met with little initial setup or cost

Pros

Plug and Play; Powerful servicing tool that is easy to understand, navigate, and function. Also is great come tax time.

Cons

I wish it had a more thorough way of tracking Real Estate Taxes on borrower's collateral. I know insurance has its own tab. A Real Estate Tab would be helpful with current updated valuations, due dates, links to Assessor, etc.

ABS aka The Mortgage Office, EASY TO USE

JMJ Funding Group uses both Origination and Servicing. Both are exceptional

Pros

Easy to use and easy to learn. Training is available at all levels and it flows through the process of originating loans and servicing loans

Cons

There is really not many Cons. If you do have an issue there may be a 24 hour delay for technical support

TMO Review

Pros

We use this product to service our loans. It is easy to use and track data

Cons

The only thing I am not liking at the moment is that since moving to Amazon Workspace and having to use Work Docs to save reports that you have to pull from Work Docs and save to internal server for other employees to have access to.

Huge help for me to streamline my business

Pros

The ability it has given me to focus on making deals and not updating 100 different spreadsheets. I was working between spreadsheets daily, updating new loans, draws , and investor payments. Having this all in one place has been a game changer!

Cons

Not much to complain about, really like it a lot. We have found a few kinks in the system as far as reporting and payment but we generally have found a work around and most of it was probably user error and just getting to know the system!

This software makes servicing our loans so easy, organized and slick.

The ability to automate and customize so much information and communication with our borrowers and investors.

Pros

The user-friendly interface, custom reports/letters as well as standard ones, amazing customer service and knowledge base makes The Mortgage Office and ideal software in my mind. I wish all mortgage software was this carefully thought out.

Mortgage Office software

Pros

Software is easy to use. Great security, and allows multiple lenders in each loan. Worked for us very well

Cons

I dont know any Cons at this time and i have been using it for over 10 years

The Mortgage Office is extremely user friendly

Tracking and Auditing support.

Pros

Ease of use. Availability of numerous reports that are very helpful with Audits and tracking private pay patients with our facility.

Cons

I have not had any problems with The Mortgage Office software...early on I only had to contact Customer Service a time or two and they were extremely helpful.

User friendly, time saving CRM that we couldn't function without.

Pros

From managing our loans to accounting functions all the way down to detailed payment coupons this system really does it all. We've been using it for over 5 years and are very happy with it.

Cons

Technical support when we first started was on the weak side but that has been addressed and is now second to none.

review for TMO

Pros

we like the dummy proof aspect of it, especially for construction loans. I always tell them, if something doesn't match, something needs to be corrected. I also like the automated late fee and other charges. It's hard to ask borrowers for these fees, but if it's "the system" and done automatically, it's easier to charge. And we really like the ACH module.

Cons

not really sure, maybe some data customization limitations

The Mortgage Office is very capable software.

Pros

I most value The Mortgage Office's versatility and capabilities. I service many thousands of loans very easily from the software.

Cons

I would say the most troublesome area of this software is related to certain custom reports, you must be familiar with SQL or Crystal Reports to accomplish certain things.

TMO and SLS

Well, it's been there for us from day one 11 years ago. It's safe to say that we would be lost without it

Pros

TMO is quite comprehensive and exhaustively detailed in its file-management capabilities.

Cons

I would prefer less bifurcation of the various modules and features that we find desirable

Outstanding

Overall experience is outstanding. Once you learn the system's features and benefits, it can make your daily origination and servicing needs effortless.

Pros

The ability to originate, fund, and service our loans from start to finish with ease.

Cons

Lack of convenience of compiling loan documents to be emailed directly to notaries.

TMO for first time users

as a new user coming in not knowing how the company was set up and trying to do major clean up I found it challenging and still is. The documentation found online is not clear on how exactly to process certain transactions such as adjustments, Corporate Advances, and short payments on payoffs etc etc.

Pros

ease of use and navigation between screens. does take a little getting used to but once you understand where everything is stored is very easy to navigate.

Cons

reporting is not easy to work with. some of the canned reports are pdf. modifying existing reports require someone who know sql . lack of ability to flag loans by certain events such as foreclosures, pending payoff, etc. Unable to set up one reminder to multiple people on a group, ability to easily pull reports by Lender and ability to see what the reports include or exclude if that criteria was selected. Do not like that it sits on Amazon workspace causing issues with database set up and how documents are stored etc etc

TMO is the gold standard for private money loan origination and servicing

Pros

the software is easy to use, customize-able and easy to add and edit forms. Most of the applicable fields are readily available

Cons

the cost is a little high as there is little to no competition in at this level. It would be nice if the system could be web based or apple compatible.

Satisfied Customer

Pros

It does what it is suppose to. It was built with mortgage investment corporations in mind so it has most of what we require

Cons

The interface and ability to connect with other software providers. It is an area that is improving.

TMO Staff - 40+ years in business and knowledge that shows it!

We are a short-term, high leverage construction and bridge lender. We searched out loan servicing software and construction solutions. TMO has both built upon a loan servicing backbone which in the end was the area of functionality we looked for to have the more robust capabilities.

Pros

There are a number of loan servicing solutions in the market. The selling point for us was The Mortgage Office people. There was not a question asked or functionality inquired upon that was not immediately known or answered from their "experts". Simply put, the knowledge gained from 40+ years in business matters. From our first call, we realized we were in great hands with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]...

Cons

NA. The total functionality within the solution is overwhelming. If there is something you are looking for the solution to do - it likes does. Just ask their staff.