Lodgix

Online booking and guest management for vacation rentals

Lodgix Reviews

Pros

Ve have been very satisfied and impressed with Lodgix from day one. They have great software that’s simple to use, and great customer service.

Rheannon S.

Very helpful and responsive support from the developer. The photo gallery component is probably the best in the industry.

Gil P.

It’s awesome that we can access it anywhere to make changes on the fly or to check our guest calendar. The reporting is great which makes doing quarterly taxes a breeze.

Morgan K.

Cons

Not having this function has in no way impeded our bookings, with almost 70% of our bookings coming directly through Lodgix.

Helen T.

Patty R.

Extremely difficult and complicated to use and integrate if you are not computer savvy.

Steven S.

Simply the Best Short Term Rental Manager Available

Transcript

Gil P.: Hi, I'm Gil. I'm the owner of a technology consulting firm, and I give Lodgix a five, a solid...

Ease of use for Lodgix is exceptional

I love that this software functions with all my accounts...Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, our own Web site & Social Media such as Facebook & Instagram

Pros

We are homeowners who chose to turn our home into a vacation rental and needed software to back that up. Over the last 3 years we have found Lodgix to support that decision 100%. If I come across something I can't figure out myself their customer service is right there to help. I think you will enjoy your purchase as much as we have.

Cons

Like everything this software sometimes has a different language to discribe the function than I would. So trying to look it up in the manual is hard. But the customer service comes into play here and I have always gotten my answer.

Ticks ALL the boxes!

From the beginning, these guys have been super helpful. The software is really easy. The pricing is very reasonable, with the option to have add ons at additional cost. There have not been any glitches over the years, the system has never 'gone down' and business has grown because of Lodgix.

Pros

Ease of use. We very quickly could load up our multiple properties and get the business up and running and fully operational very quickly, when we changed over from our last PMS. The software works equally well for Australian businesses, even though the company is US based My staff find it easy to navigate and training has been no problem with the Tutorial Manual that is provided. I love that the...

Cons

I would dearly love it if a guest could do a property search, enter date parameters, and all available holiday homes with a total price could be visible. I do believe however that is something that the guys are working on. So that is fantastic. Not having this function has in no way impeded our bookings, with almost 70% of our bookings coming directly through Lodgix!!

Recommended for businesses

Overall my experience with Lodgix is great and would highly recommend to vacation rental owners.

Pros

I really enjoy the overall functionality of this vacation rental management software. I can book reservations, charge payments including add ons.

Cons

The reporting system is basic and could use some uplift. Offer extra filters to make reports more customized.

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and will continue to work hard on improving the product to meet your future expectations!

Do not use

None waste of my time and poor customer service

Pros

After a long set up process I got everything up and running on my site after a small set up issue...

Cons

I made the mistake of asking one question regarding an issue with the WordPress install and they responded by saying maybe I shouldn't try to learn WordPress, which as network admin, I already know WordPress, but suggested I go to wix and have them build a site and drop the html into my site. Worst advice anyone could give and when I responded I don't need to LEARN WordPress and if the WordPress plug in doesn't maybe I should move on and the owner responded yes I should just move on. So with those great customer service skills I don't see why anyone would use this software. I own a large property management company and pay a lot for my software and wanted to this out. Now I know and will stay with what I have. [This review is of the Free Trial]

This particular individual was not a Lodgix subscriber. The individual had one property and was extremely rude to our support staff. There are many smaller platforms that work great for small accounts with less than 3 properties. Due to channel restrictions Lodgix in many instances is just not a great fit for those with <3 properties. This individual clearly needed technical hand holding...

So glad we found Lodgix

Lodgix has allowed us to run our accommodation business much more easily and at a lower cost than before leaving us with more time and money to spend on our personal life. It does everything we want in a hospitality software package including synching calendars with different online booking sites, our own booking button on our website and more.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to set up a new booking and organise payment when a booking comes through to us direct. I also love the automatic emails we have set up for guests before and after their stay. The customer service from Lodgix has always been prompt and helpful. We can also run lots of reports and the one I love the most is where I can compare this year’s revenue with last year’s.

Cons

I’d like to be able to maybe format the emails a bit differently but they are more than adequate and I wouldn’t want the very reasonable fees to go up.

Think about switching

Lodgix is an outstanding product for small to medium, hotel and property management users. Prior to switching to Lodgix I had two pressing objectives. Firstly, our older system had issues with credit card storage compliance (PCI). Lodgix solved this issue easily and this annual burden (PCI compliance) is a thing of the past. Secondly, we had developed our old system over many years to meet our needs, but we were seriously behind in our ease of getting inventory out to sales channels. Again, Lodgix solves this easily and inventory is synced without the worry of overbookings. Thank you Lodgix!!

Pros

Easy to use, can be used remotely outside the work location, good access to sales channels, comprehensive reporting options, great credit card payment options with Stripe link.

Cons

Lodgix is a wonderful out to the box solution. I have some improvements that would help our business and while Lodgix is responsive to my needs they have their own priorities for improvements.

Fantastic Company, Software and Customer Service!!!!

Stellar customer service! The response rate is fantastic!! They are always there to answer the question, no matter how simple or complicated it may be. Lodgix continually works to improve an already great product and they never disappoint!

Pros

This software provides me with all the tools I need to operate my business! Everything from management, reservations, owner statements, tax reports and more is incorporated to make this a one-stop software that does it all! It is not complicated and the online manual is great!!

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software. I'm very happy with it.

Simplifies the reservation and back office processes

Great. The team is quick to respond and easy to work with.

Pros

I like that it becomes one central place for all bookings to come in and information to be pushed out. It makes marketing and reservations much simpler. I also like the way rates and rules are shared by like properties in the system rather than repeating that work for every single property. It has absolutely increased my efficiency.

Cons

I would be happy to see integration/sync options open up to even more marketing venues.

Lodgix is the best short-term rental management I’ve found!

We’ve had an easy time with this well-thought out software...compared to the other company we used prior, this software is a dream to implement and use - great tech support too!

Pros

Ease of use and functionality are 5 stars!

Cons

Lacking some accounting functionality (balance brought forward) that I’m told will be implemented soon.

It's a hidden gem - stumbled upon Lodgix + learned how awesome it is

Using it for over 1.5 years. The manuals are pretty up to date, it just takes some time to get acquainted and set it all up, but the team is very responsive. They have a blog I discovered that they constantly post updates from on new features coming up. They've updated a lot of the user/guest interfaces. Though it has taken awhile to get all things in order, it has saved us a lot of time ! Integrated...

Pros

Integrated payment processing, email and invoice template customization, automated trigger emails, custom rules/pricing, integrates with our website, homeaway, tripadvisor. 2-way calendar sync, and tons of reporting functions/exporting to excel or pdf is simple.

Cons

Can't import data, takes time to DIY and learn it if you don't have experience setting up a CRM/VRM. However, they'll schedule a time to guide you and show you via phone/web conference. I became acquainted with (and set up) this software just by using their online guide/manuals and some googling + some late nights when customers weren't calling.

A Program for those who can "Think Out-of-the- Box"

Lodgix has improved our efficiency tremendously. Lodgix has improved our bottom line. Lodgix has given our smaller property the ability to be more professional looking and to compete with the "big boys"! We operated both our WolfBay and Lodgix simultaneously for 10 months to make sure we were satisfied. When we have an issue...we email thru the program and usually get a response in 5 +/- minutes.

Pros

Lodgix had U.S.A. support. Lodgix ads said that their cloud program was stable and dependable...after 2 1/2 years of usage...it is! Our system can be accessed from muliple computers, tablets or even our cell phone to book place a reservation into the system. We needed software that could be adaptable...Lodgix software accomplished this. As a smaller property, we needed both long and short term rental capabilities...Lodgix software did that! Our WordPress website functions seamlessly with the Lodgix program. The on-line booking and credit card processing modules have streamlined our reservations and made our business more profitable.

Cons

Honestly, fear of the unknown. Setting up a new software program after using another for 20 years was quite a job. The terminology that software developers use and the language that many in the hospitality industry is slightly different. After we had charted the two sets of terms side by side...we adapted. Some of our forms and spreadsheets were not able to be used in the Lodgix system...we adapted.

The BEST PMS out there!

Love Lodgix. From the beginning, the customer service has been second to none. I wish I could hire these guys to work for me. They are constantly making improvements. Nothing is static here. Constantly evolving ...but in a good way..not be cause something was broke. I cant imagine how much time using this software has saved me and at the same time, provided me with a better customer experience. I do think I am a Lodgix lifer now:) So real quick: the software works, great customer service, always growing Of the 5 PMS I have used, Lodgix by far was and is the best!

Pros

Deep depth is usage. So much you can do with it and it just WORKS! I have used several other channel managers/property management systems and they all never seemed to rise to a level of just being acceptable. Lodgix hits that ball out of the park everytime! Response by the team is also stellar. Not only is their response time great...they are also helpful. Unlike most service providers, they answer the phone or email real fast, but they keep you going in circles for hours and days before a resolution is met, if ever. Go with Lodgix...they really cant be beat!

Cons

I have been using for over 3 years now and I am still learning everyday something new. That is how in depth this software is. Of course you can get up and running within a day or so...but then you start to add layers on top of layers and that takes time. So dont let that hold you back. It takes time to make something meaningful happen.

Great Software, and Awesome Customer Service!

I’ve have been very satisfied and impressed with Lodgix from day one. They have great software that’s simple to use, and great customer service.

Pros

I must admit that at first I was a little Leary to try Lodgix. They seemed pretty cheap compared to so many others, so I figured it probably didn’t offer the options I was looking for. Before even giving the free trial a try, I called and asked them a ton of questions. The owners were very quick to call me back, and very patient in answering everything. I was wondering about. They offered to set up...

Cons

The only thing I’d say I had any trouble with at first was figuring out how to accept a booking. It really only took me a few minutes to figure out, and once you know how it’s pretty easy. That being said they do have links and videos that explain all kinds of things, I just hadn’t watched them because the rest of the set up was so easy I never needed the extra help. Anytime I have contacted Lodgix with a question they respond within a few minutes and will send a photo with arrows to show me what to do, or a link to a similar article so I can visually see how to do something. They make it very simple, and their customer service is great!

NO QUESTION *BEST* solution for small business

Lodgix does things with excellence. Lodgix developed and continues to refine a platform that thinks about my business like a business partner instead of an apathetic employee or a lazy vendor. It's easy to find apathetic and lazy people. It's hard to find a business partner. Maybe someone reading this thinks I'm a schill, but I'm writing what I've written because our business was bleeding money to...

Pros

It is a complete package that is scalable. Their extra modules for employees and property management are welcome bolt-on a la carte additions if you've grown to need them, and they don't saddle you with the price for that service when you don't. Every tier and aspect of their pricing is reasonable and delivers value. Their support is excellent. I hate it when guests don't bother to read important...

Cons

I didn't like the calendar initially, but it is an excellent calendar and they've made improvements so I have all the capability of making adjustments as needed. This negative aspect is now a non-issue because they listened to their customers. It's more complex than a crummy phone app, but this is not really a negative. If you try to run this business off a phone app you're either shooting too low...

They've Thought of Everything

Overall, I do not hesitate to recommend Lodgix, especially to smaller operators who may not need dozens of channels or the complexity of the big-dollar property management systems. If you're looking for a sophisticated PMS at a fair price, Lodgix is your answer.

Pros

1) Hands down, the best part of the software is the amount of functionality packed into a simple program. It's clear that they have done their homework in setting up a truly versatile product. We are a small property with a peculiar setup: a B&B with three guest rooms and four camping cabins. We had a very hard time finding a PMS which would handle those parameters, let alone handle them well. Then we found Lodgix. We've never looked back on that decision. 2) I contacted rep a couple of times during setup, and he was both helpful and direct. I appreciated his candor when discussing features that would and would not be viable for future updates, and helping me find solutions/workarounds for my property's non-traditional setup (see item #1, lol).

Cons

1) The user interface is not built with mobile responsiveness in mind, so it's a little hard to check "on the go." However, I have heard a rumor that this will be fixed in a future release. 2) This is in no way Lodgix's fault, but we found their channel manager partner difficult to work with, and ultimately we opted to take our chances with manual syncing since we are a smaller property. The auto-import feature certainly helps with peace of mind on that issue... again, they've thought of just about everything. 3) The web templates could stand a little modernizing. But, if your web designer knows what they're doing, they can make tweaks. And again, I've heard there is a new major release on the horizon, so I'm not worried in the least.

Lodgix makes running family-owned vacation home business possible

When we decided to start a business renting out our old home to riders of the Hatfield McCoy Trails in West Virginia, we looked for a vacation rental management software that could do it all - organize our reservations, manage guest communications, take care of billing and invoicing, and generate online bookings through an easy-to-use booking process. Lodgix fit the bill in all manners. We love the...

Pros

I like the door code integration with ResortLock the most. Our triggered email that sends to guests a week before their stay includes the guests' door code and instructions on how to use it and how to change it. I also like the online booking calendar, which allows us to be transparent with our potential customers on pricing and availability. It makes it easy to book instantly, even from a smartphone.

Cons

The Lodgix admin interface is not easy to use from a smartphone. We do not have a dedicated phone answerer or "front desk person" so often times we take customer calls from our cell phones and need to be able to book someone on the spot. It is difficult to use the reservation ticker in the admin interface from a phone, and even more difficult to go through with a complete booking on a phone. I would really like to have a Lodgix app, so that I could have quick access to our availability calendar, and an easy way to make a reservation, right from my phone. Also, the setting up of triggered emails can be confusing. I wish there were more documentation of some common email trigger setups, and/or an easier way to find such documentation from the admin interface.

Best Reservation Management Software I've had the pleasure of using!

I have owned two boutique property management companies within the past 20 years. Within that time I have researched property management software up and down, backward and forward looking for just the right fit. I finally found it with Lodgix!

Pros

The ease of use. A person can easily manage one property with Lodgix, or dozens! The software is intuitive to use. I honestly can't recall ever having to call customer support...and I'm not the most tech savvy person. Set up was simple and quick. I also appeciate that Brent is available should I have a question. He always responds in a timely manner. The feature I probably love the most is that Lodgix...

Cons

I had to really think about this one...but I'd have to say that I get a little confused when setting up the 'rules' section. I'm not sure if it is just the way it is worded or what, but I tend to have to ask my husband for help when setting up a property within this section. Hubs seems to understand the rules section just fine. :-/

Yes the rates and rules are due for a major overhaul and guess what? It's done. However it's such a big change that we are holding off till the full impact of the new booking pages has lessened a bit. Change is good, but too much change too quickly sometimes throws users for a loop! Thanks for your review!

Great product for doing website updates - reporting is limited resulting in a lot of manual efforts

My overall experience has been positive. I have had issues but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been prompt to resolve.

Pros

I call this product by back office though it also generates and updates by website. It interfaces with my payment systems well and it is fairly easy to use. Getting photos added is easy thought i just recently learned that adding Alt tags is a limitation. Alt tags are a key requirement for SEO

Cons

The reporting basically sucks for my needs. I tried using the reports with some edits but editing also is a limitation. I have two business models in place: For example. The model that was in place when I signed up involves sharing a 60/30 or 70/30 split on the lodging figure and corresponding tax is also split accordingly. Lodgix can't deal with that so I have to track sales, by client, in separate worksheets. The reporting is not useful for my needs because I am not able to tell the system to use my business model elements.

Fits the needs of small but growing company perfectly

This is the most well thought-out product I've ever purchased. It has every option you could possibly want, and has contributed to our significant growth in the few months we've been using it. The company is incredibly responsive to suggestions and customer service is top notch. It's clear they have an in-depth understanding of the needs of small- to mid-sized vacation rental businesses. They're a...

Pros

There are literally too many features to list, all of which work seamlessly with each other. Some of the ones that have helped us the most: 1)autoresponding to inquiries (even automatically suggesting comparable properties when the inquiry is for a booked property) 2) building a trackable database of all inquiries and guests 3) sending emails based on specific triggers 4) alerting housekeepers...

Cons

Really none. There are ongoing improvements to every aspect of the software based on client feedback.

Thanks Jim, appreciate the kind words. I'll remember that next time you need a new feature. :-) You've got some amazing properties in Charlotte..for whomever reads this, if you are visiting Charlotte, NC, check out TheHomeCollectionCLT.com for some exceptional vacation rentals!

The best product on the market without a doubt

Finding at software that fulfils all or most of your needs in apartment rental business is not an easy task. Before finding Lodgix, I had tested tens of different softwares and visited ITB Berlin - the world's leading travel trade show to meet with a number of software developers who at first claim to do everything what you ask for in a product, but in reality after a demo you see the shortcomings that at least I could not accept. For me Lodgix has been the most user friendly finding after years of research. And what I like most, is the quickness of customer service, although they are based in US and I am from from Europe.

Pros

Ease of making quick bookings Website connectivity Owner reports Sync with AirBnB, Booking.com etc.

Cons

The software works perfectly and while there is not anything that the software falls short on, I would like to have more graphical reports and possibility to generate own reports, but you can export everything to pdf and excel, so this is not a dealbreaker.

Lodgix has dramatically improved the way we interact with our guests.

From day one, the Lodgix team has been so willing to help us set up and use the software. If we ever have a question, we know they are just a phone call or online chat away and that they will go above and beyond to help us get the most out of the software. The automation within Lodgix has allowed us to free up valuable staff time to work one on one with guests on property. This helps our guests feel valued and increases guest satisfaction.

Pros

The Lodgix Software is so easy to use. We use it in all aspects of our Resort from online reservations, guest documents, housekeeping, and accounting. Every time I stop in our front office one of our reservationists tells me how much they love Lodgix and how much it has simplified their job. All the information we need about our guest experience is located in one program. Plus, the online help manual is great and the help team is always quick to respond to any questions or set up a tutorial to teach us how to better use the software.

Cons

In our previous system, we charged a separate daily resort fee to guests. Lodgix does not currently have the capability to add on a daily resort fee, so we have had to find a work around.

Robust Management Program, Easy Integration, Responsive Support & Great Price!

I researched options, did the integration and have stayed with Lodgix even after comparing other programs. Price point is good, utility is pretty amazing if you geek out at what it can do & you retain control on optimizing the functionality that most other products simply don’t allow.

Pros

Lodgix is a robust property management portal that allows for a lot of customization to support your established workflows. It is easy to set up automations, 3rd Party integrations and retain control on how things function. You can get into some pretty cool functions but if you want or go with a more simple & traditional use. Makes for an easy launch while supporting continual builds & growth

Cons

You gotta double check your integrations and automations to ensure that you have established settings correctly or you can sometimes miss things. But you should be doing that anyway...

Great Organization for multiple properties

Lodgix has helped limit mistakes in double bookings or oops, I forgot to physically write that down on my calendar... or did you pay or not? Was it a check? All those things are simply in front of me on the screen just a click away. I enjoy people being able to book themselves as well as me helping someone do the reservation manually. So it really caters to many types of people and how they prefer to make their reservation. Not everyone wants to deal with ONLY a screen, but want to talk to a real person.

Pros

I really like how we can have multiple listings and see everything on one screen and also integrate the calendars for each separately if we have them listed elsewhere.

Cons

Hi Beka, thanks for the review! For this coment, "I wish it was not extra money to have the emails we send through the software coming from us, rather than "lodgix.com"." There is no extra money for setting up your spf records. It's very simply (as long as you own your domain) to configure your spf records to allow Lodgix to send emails on your behalf. Here is a link to our documentation to give you some guidance on how to to do that: http://support.lodgix.com/en/articles/3323721-using-an-external-email-domain

Best solution I've found

Our rental management business is through Lodgix. It has been great. Sometimes it is difficult to speak to a support person by phone, but overall I have been very pleased.

Pros

Lodgix is easy to use, organized, and flexible in many ways. I have used other rental management software, and this is the best combination of performance and price.

Cons

The only thing that I am very unhappy with is that my inquiry emails and some other emails cannot be sent from my own email address. They go from "mtalodgix" and they almost ALWAYS go into the SPAM folder of my customers and prospective customers and even owners. This is a serious limitation and is causing me to lose business.

Good product and good service!

There service is great, you can set up a time to talk to a human, which is all you ask for and from there they really know their product well.

Pros

I wanted online booking that could integrate with my site, without me being forced into web design software that included its own online booking system. I wanted my web site separate from my booking system so if I ever wanted to change I could. That was the reason I went with lodgix.

Cons

I think changing prices has come a long way in our industry. I think homeaway is currently the easiest to use to change prices quickly over stretches of time and still get in those higher prices for Fri, Sat, and Sunday. As of this writing, lodgix still works essentially like flipkey/tripadvisor for price changing which takes far more time compared to leading edge in our industry.