SkyTouch Hotel OS

Hospitality Property Management System

SkyTouch Hotel OS Reviews

Pros

Sky touch is a very good system and is very highly recommended. Their customer service is amazing.

Rebecca F.

Overall the experience has been good. The fact that the program is web-based has been very useful.

Brian C.

The customer support is excellent and this software is extremely easy to use. The fact that it also a web based application is very helpful.

Cons

Posting adjustments- inability to just void a recent transaction error. No Show - unable to reverse if necessary.

Dana H.

I recently experienced a posting error that could not be moved to the group master folio. I was told by support that only charges could be re-routed but NOT THE PAYMENTS.

Tonny D.

There are some minor maintenance periods. I had to really stretch to come up with anything negative as we are notified in advance about any scheduled maintenance and the maintenance is infrequent.

Stan S.

4.3

A comprehensive PMS at a reasonable price

Transcript

Dan: Hi. My name is Dan. I'm the general manager of a hotel here in the hospitality industry. I'm here...

They got PMS basics right

Overall experience is very positive from our operations team. As a DOS I look forward to the day that Skytouch ads sales functions so we can have an integrated and interfaced group sales component!

Pros

This basic hotel management software is easy to use and reliable.

Cons

Skytouch does not have group sales support functions that I have become reliant uponfrom other systems at other properties.

A comprehensive PMS at a reasonable price

SkyTouch Hotel OS allows us to easily manage our hotel. Our management team can troubleshoot reservations from home, and their 24/7 tech support team has been fantastic.

Pros

The ability to drag-and-drop reservations into specific rooms; the integration with SiteMinder; the cloud based platform;

Cons

The fact that, at the time, we could not import existing reservations from our previous system. Our staff were able to manually make existing reservations in the new system, which ended-up providing good practice.

Hello Dan, Thanks for your positive feedback on SkyTouch. I understand how nice it would've been to import existing reservations into our system. It's actually a PCI compliance issue that does not enable this to be a viable option. Should you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to me on my personal cell phone number listed below. Thanks! Aaron- (602)703-7237

In short, the product was oversold and underdelivered

Pros

I liked that it was a cloud based software, so that I could remotely manage multiple properties from my phone or laptop. During the sales process, I was impressed with its UI because out of most of the other products at this price point, this looked the most current and modern, comparable to other tech interfaces. It seemed it would be the most flexible for accommodating our needs and being flexible, so that if we had a sudden influx of guests, we could have another agent use a tablet to check guests in.

Cons

My BIGGEST problem with this system was that this system would authorize an unknown amount of money on a guest's card that WE did not set. Guests would pay for their stay, but an extra amount would also be withheld on their card, that we did not authorize. We were blind to the amount and the settings, and nobody could figure out nor fix the problem. During the sales process, we were told that with...

We understand are not a fit for every hotel. We hope that you have found the solution that fits your needs. If we can be assistance to you in the future, please don¿t hesitate to reach out to us.

Great System

I had the oportunity to set up my entire systemand configure all and sink with my hotel. Overall it have been really greattowork with and easy to configure,the help at support is really great and they do the best to help out to fixed any problem or to answer any of your question or doughts.

Pros

It'seasy to used, help with overall setups and manage ans is easy to work with and manage.

Cons

It have minors cons, like thetype chart not allowing you to see back on days, system set updon't allow youto configure the space of the Registration card and other stuff that you thing wile working with the systam that are just toghts that you say if it just do this will be even better.

Hello Miguel, Thanks for your business and support of SkyTouch. I will reach out to you via email so we can schedule a call and go over some of the improvements we are making to the tape chart functionality.

Good, logical product; excellent customer service and support tools! Thank you SkyTouch!

Logical, easy to use, Tech Support is fabulous!

Pros

The best thing about the Skytouch HOS varies for me and my staff. For me, it's the Tape Chart, the Community Board (love this communication tool!!!), and the Tech Support team. I also like the variety of ways to access different tools which serves different learning/brain abilities. My staff likes the information accessible in Future Availability, but I'd like the Tape Chart to provide the same information all in one place. It seems it would be easy to incorporate mlos, and room rate into the pop up box for a room.

Cons

If I could make only one big change in this software, it would be access to past information. In particular, the Tape Chart, one of the most valuable parts of the software is not visible for the "past." For my Front Desk Staff and Risk Management teams, this makes searching for guests, even in the most recent days, sometimes complicated and much more time consuming than it should be. In addition,...

SkyTouch OS

I've seen SkyTouch OS being used at multiple properties and the only issue I see people having with it is it runs a little slow from time to time. Their support team is amazing and is open 24/7. I recommend you try it, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

SkyTouch Hotel OS is very easy to use for me and staff and colleagues. SkyTouch OS is basically a smaller version of the SkyTouch software. it shows your occupancy for your previous night and the day of. If you have had SkyTouch for over a year yu can see how many rooms you sold last year to this year. You can also see what the prices were on this day last year. It is super simple to use and well...

Cons

SkyTouch can be slow from time to time. They also do updates quiet often, whitch is great but running a hotel you need your system up 24/7 and a 2 hour update makes it hard to do that.

The EASIEST program to use!

Skytouch Hotel OS is super user-friendly making it one of the easiest PMS systems to teach to New Hires. The User Admin and Rate Management aspects of the program are superb as well. The implementation of the user profile once it is created is almost instantaneous. It also gives you the ability to customize usernames. The software has helped our team gather the necessary information needed for making reservations, creating group blocks and contracts, as well as providing an E-learning platform that gets straight to the point. A+!

Pros

Compared to other PMS systems, this is definitely one of the easiest to use. Skytouch Hotel OS is web-based and it's systems are updated regularly--this also allows you to login from external devices--HUGE PLUS. The Home Screen is completely customizable to your teams individual needs, allowing you to link external sites to your Quick Links. You can even leave bulletin messages for your team to see upon login.

Cons

The worst part about Skytouch Hotel OS is their Reports section. Although there is a search function, it is missing some of the filter criteria needed to run streamlined reports. Another downfall for the OS is being web-based. Whenever you have internet/power issues, you can not login to an offline version of the system.

Great Operating System

Great experience mainly due to the design of the software. It integrated well and most importantly provides updates and training that brings everyone up to speed quickly for a fast & seamless implementation.

Pros

The system was built to be easy to use and train new employees quickly. It allows flexible scenarios to be easily accounted for through a great product flow design.

Cons

Customer support was at times difficult and the time to resolution longer than you would expect. Although i will fully admit it was rare we had any major system issues or downtime.

Thanks for your review of SkyTouch! If you've ever having a difficult time reaching our support line, please reach out to me anytime at my per my contact info below. We just released a number of new integrations and features, I would also be happy to discuss that if there is any interest. Aaron Price Account Manager O 602-337-2812 M 602-300-1633

user friendly

experience with a new hos system

Pros

-check in process - you can drag multiple items to folios which is a plus -overall checkout process

Cons

- cant do multiple reservations at once - system wont save correctly most of the time if you change from USA to any other country when putting in guest info - you have to go back to USA in order to save - you cant suppress rate and also place notes simultaneously , you have to save each individually - Many reservations come through with credit card expiration dates inputted incorrectly causing errors during check in . -When trying to duplicate a reservation the credit card expiration date does not save so you have to set the guarantee payment to cash then go back to the old res and unmask the credit card info, it is too many steps that take up valuable time.

So far it has been really good for us

Pros

mostly self explanatory and great help with Skytouch Support every time I have used it. I like the group functionality

Cons

I need to make promo codes for events and there is not a way to restrict the general public from booking rooms online while letting our event guests book using a promo code...this makes no sense to me as I have been able to do it with all other software.

SkyTouch Ease

So easy and user friendly. I recommend this product to any hotel owner with 40+ rooms.

Pros

Very easy and user friendly. Easy to train employees how to use. Customer support has gotten quicker in the last year.

Cons

Training courses are too simplified. Still an evolving product. Some categories are useless and others can be expanded.

Hello Douglas, Thank you for taking the time to provide an online review of SkyTouch Technology. We really appreciate your feedback. One of our initiatives in 2020 is to revamp our training modules. We've gathered survey data from our customers and we are in the process of finalizing our plans. Keep an eye out for our new modules later this year, and let us know what you think. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or you feel you aren't getting the level of service you deserve. SkyTouch Technology 1-855-749-3530

I have used several hotel software brands. Sky Touch is simply the best.

Pros

I like the way the reports are more than just reports. For example the Arrivals List. You can click on reservations from it. In other software you are only viewing a report. You have to go into another menu and then into the reservation itself to access it. This really saves time. On a busy night every second counts! I love the 24 hour Tech Support. As a Night Auditor it really helps to know that...

Cons

I wish there was a way to look at a rate/check availability then make the reservation from the same place. At this point you have to look up the rate and check availability in one screen then go to a second screen to actually make the reservation. I have no idea if that's possible but it would be very cool if it was.

It makes my life easier! The staff are comfortable using Sky Touch and I can logon from anywhere.

Went from a property without a property management system to a property that went "why did I not have this sytem earlier!" Quicker access, more accurate information and data, happier staff, happier guests, more time to do other tasks and additional free time. In general less stress.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional always! It is easy to use, both daily operations and especially Rate Management. It is quick - it provides me with the information I need to do my job and stay on top of things. All departments can utilize Sky Touch and I can access the system from anywhere. It allows you to perform your duties in hospitality and still allow you to have a life outside of work in an industry that never closes.

Cons

The same thing that applies to all software - the "real time" factor when the property is reaching maximum occupancy. All properties have the same problem that reflects on the issue of being overbooked if the reservation lags on getting integrated to your system. The issue is with the industry and not the software.

The system is so easy to use and never goes down. The team and I are extremely happy!!

No more headaches!!!!!! Opera PMS was the worst service ever. Thank you and your team for such Great Service!!!!

Pros

Rate management , Housekeeping Room assignment options. Most of all, the check in , check out and reservation process are so quick to get done!!!

Cons

1. It would be nice to extend the Occupancy Snap Shot up to 1 year, instead of three months only. 2. Show a total of forecasted revenue on the Reservation Activity Report. 3. Extend the window time of inactivity for Rate Management. 4. Expand Bar Levels from 9 to at least 15. Rates in Downtown Chicago IL. Change constantly and the current bar levels don't work much. Manual over rides are...

Skytouch

Pros

We had previously been with Choice Hotels and this Software was very similar . So when we decided to go independent, It only make sense to choose a system that was so close to what we were familiar with. Ease of changing system & training employees was a piece of cake.

Cons

I have had no issues. Would choose this system again if needed.

Thanks so much Marj! We appreciate your feedback and support.

We have been using skytouch since we changed our Hotel's name. And I must say it is fantastic.

Easy to use.

Pros

This software is amazing to use for all of our staff. The Customer Support is 24/7 and since I work nights it helps me get all my answers needed whenever I need them. The support staff is well knowledgeable and very friendly as well. The software is very easy to use and to navigate through without much training. You can set up groups in their own tabs and even direct a payment to one room. These features are very nice when someone books more than one room from us. Another thing is this software is all server based so your computer never runs slow with trying to save everything in files on your computer.

Cons

There is only a couple of cons when it comes to Skytouch.

System easy to use & support is always awesome.

System is so easy to use, training is easy due to how everything is categorized.

Pros

Easy to use & training new employees is not difficult at at all. Any time we have issues the support team has been very easy to work with and always courteous when I ask the silliest questions.

Cons

There is one aspect that I would like to see added to system. Wondering if somehow we could red flag difficult guests that we continually have issues with so that when they call again for another reservation we can immediately see that we have had issues with that particular guest and thus be prepared to deny a reservation or be alerted to possible issues at check in. Just an idea so that the front desk employees can alert management.

Sky's the Limit

Pros

Favorite thing with this product is the customer support is there to help you and get the best out of the product.

Cons

It updates quite a bit and leaves you without your desktop view.

Thanks Brian!We appreciate you advocating for SkyTouch and your kind words about our support team. We're constantly improving and here 24/7 to support your business..

Utmost User friendly program and syncs with all my OTA's

Better control of room inventory, rates, accurate reports.

Pros

Extremely accurate; detailed reports, folios and the different views, group master is very helpful to manage charges to groups!

Cons

There are a few features that I would like added such as moving payments within a Group Master folio that are incorrectly posted to an individual folio belonging to the group. I recently experienced a posting error that could not be moved to the group master folio. I was told by support that only charges could be re-routed but NOT THE PAYMENTS!

Tech support is always helpful and informative.

Ability to work from home or when out of town on business.

Pros

I like that I have access from any computer. Web access from home is the main thing I like about it. I also like the ability to make a correction in the guest folio even if they checked out several days or even months before mistake was found.

Cons

I don't like that you are not able to put a floor of rooms out of order at one time. I also don't like it when the computer defaults back to the current day of arrival if you are assigning rooms for a different date.

Easy Peasy

I have worked with skytouch and choice advantage for that matter and I am very pleased. It really does simplify the day to day operations. Thank you for upgrading the out of order feature

Pros

This software program is web based and the ease of training a new employee is fantastic. The training module provided are simple and the support is quick to getting you answers.

Cons

The group quick pick up and fast edit buttons are now unfunctional I do not like that !!!

Sky Touch in SF

Overall experience is excellent and cost efficient.

Pros

Web based Intuitive operation Easy to use/learn

Cons

Group Aspect limited Limited reporting capability

Thank you for being a SkyTouch advocate! I see some notes that you've been working with Aaron Price from our Account Management team. I'll let him know of your great review.

SkyTouch software has worked extremely well for us the entire 2+ years since we purchased.

It is the most critical technology we use to manage our hotel.

Pros

The integration with third part sites (OTA's) such as booking.com, Expedia, etc. is very seamless and error free.

Cons

Stan, thank you for being a valued customer for so long!

Updates seem to make things worse...

I do like the reports available to management. It makes keeping track of sales and percentages very easy. The Tech support team are wonderful about 90% of the time!

Pros

I love the customer support team. I use them often.

Cons

Waiting 3 years to get ALL the credit card user names transferred from the SkyTouch program to Shift4. Now I'm told it isn't a SkyT problem but Shift4. I don't understand how that could happen when 3 years ago Shift4 and SkyTouch talked and figured out it was a SkyTouch problem. There was no problems at all until they updated their program. Another glitch is the Guest Profile/Future Reservations program...

One of the Better Cloud Based Systems

It allows flexibility by avoiding to have to physically be at the property to make changes.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and completely cloud based. I have the capability of managing rate changes and other features remotely compared to other software systems.

Cons

Some of the changes they make are better suited for other properties and it is not customizable. The team collects input for users over time and sometimes implement changes that do not necessarily apply to all users. As the user, we cannot opt out of the changes.