All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Bindle Reviews

Pros

It's super easy to use (both as an administrator and as a user), and the value:cost ratio is fantastic.

Victoria B.

Jason L.

Read the full review

Cons

The only bad thing is the time that is taken for an employee's holidays to be approved or denied. This leaves us with sometimes no time to purchase cheaper flights and or holidays.

Leanne W.

Read the full review
Tracking Time Off In Lieu can be difficult to manage.

Irene M.

Read the full review
I can't get an overview or summary of all leave taken by individual.

Kerry H.

Read the full review

Perfect for small buisness and start ups

Pros

Searched for ages to find a staff Holiday tracker for small teams that didn't force you into using complex HR software. Looked so long we considered building our own! Finally found Bindle & easy to set up and crucially do not need an instruction manual/training when I share with others in the team

Cons

Would be great if the Wallchart could be horizontal/timeline/gannt & allow full screen so it could be viewed on a tv monitor. Would allow us to visualise whos off better & for the whole year at once.

Thanks for your kind words Mark. Great to have a customer from my old home town of Aberdeen. We have got a few ideas about the Wallchart, thanks for the suggestions.

Saved me tons of time and energy.

I have saved a lot of time especially from the previous system which was Excel based and very time consuming to enter daily. Now the burden is on the employee to notify me about a holiday or sick day. I can of course add one myself on their behalf if needed.

Pros

I like the ease of use for both me as the admin and for my employees. I have added categories, ie. training & trade shows, that I did not initially think about being a part of this solution. I like the tracking feature for verification and that I can print a report in minutes. Nice to look at other employees that are off on the same day and I have the bigger picture.

Cons

It took me a little bit longer to setup than I expected. Not because it was difficult but I had to understand the logic behind the settings. For example I initially gave all employees 10 vacation days with the start date the same as the first of the new year. Then on the new year it gave them 10 more as it should have but I didn't realize it gave all my staff 20 days. I would like to have a feature for anniversary reminders since that info is already there and it is a good time to celebrate and review my employees. Wish there was a monthly calendar view.

Hi Jason, Thanks for your positive comments. Anniversary reminders are an intriguing idea which we'll add to our list of features for future possible development. thanks again Howard

My colleagues can see my leave request??

This is a great little program for very small businesses representing good value for money but I have noticed that all my colleagues (I am an employee) can see my leave and I can see theirs. I would have thought it obvious that the functionality of the program should prevent this kind of breach of privacy. This issue needs to be addressed for the program to be taken more seriously.

Cons

Hi Andrew. Damien here from Bindle. Thanks for your review! We take your privacy very seriously. Within Bindle, the ability to see when colleagues are taking time off occurs very much by design. It allows you to plan your requests for time off a whole lot better. We're careful not to show your colleagues anything (like private messages between you and your manager) that we consider to be a breach of privacy. I'd like to reach out to you personally to talk through your concerns and how we can address them by better matching your expectations. Again, thanks Andrew for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Leave Management made easy

For us this has solved the age old issue of lots of spreadsheets, keeping them up to date, not having records matched, not recalling when someone is due for leave, no consistency amongst forms etc etc. And in addition, for the company to assess entitlements and encourage staff to take leave and reduce the accounting liability.

Pros

We were able to switch from multiple spreadsheets to an all in one location. We couldn't even manage & accrue leave this simply with MYOB, in particular allowing staff access to view their entitlements, and simply apply and have their leave approved. The extra features such as Time in Lieu and long service accrual are great as well. Also very good support, our requests were answered promptly and even some suggestions integrated.

Cons

Only minor issues - No direct method for external HR Management without a sub. Has a roundabout way of doing reports (cant view online). A lot of clicking to get to detail for employees - i.e. needs a one page view summary. Could use a leave cash out request form. Can't do groups for section Admins - have to assign per user.

Easy to use, user friendly and nothing complicated about it!

- Reduced emails to manage leave - Ability to import existing data (leave hours/days) - Ability to import leave dates into Microsoft Outlook calendar (we love this feature!) - Accessible information to all staff

Pros

When we were searching for a Leave Mgt Tool, we had straightforward needs and didn't need the bells and whistles that other Payroll/HR systems offer. We trialled Bindle and quickly realised how clean the user interface was and how simple Bindle was to use. The team didn't need training to use it! We love that it can import into Microsoft Outlook so management can easily view who is on leave etc. In addition, Bindle is flexible enough to handle both contractors and salaried employees leave.

Cons

The only small thing was that the software wasn't set up a year or two in advance which lead to some confusion when applying for leave. Eg. NSW holidays wasn't set up yet for 2018. This was only a small issue and quickly rectified by the Bindle team :)

Thanks for the great review, you magical mystery reviewer! We really do have wonderful users.

Great service to manage PTO for our Smallish staff

Easy to use. Simple for staff to request time. Quick in and out don't need a ton of extra steps. Visibility into who else has time of to ensure you're not stretched to thin staffing wise.

Pros

Easy to use and see who all has requested time off on the same day as the current request. Makes it simple to manage multiple employee's PTO requests. If you don't have the PTO management baked into your payroll or HR system I'd highly recommend this tool

Cons

To approve the PTO request you have to log into the system rather than just replying to the request email with your approval or disapproval. Also doesn't allow you to manage different accrual rates for staff so we had to manage that separately.

Hi Allen - Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear that Bindle is something you'd highly recommend and that it's simple for staff to use. Bindle is really good at maintaining different accrual rates for staff, so we'll follow up to find out why you are managing that separately. Thanks again Allen!

Great way to keep track of leave

Perfect for our needs

Pros

We moved to in-house payroll but the system had no self-service leave function. Bindle provided a simple, comprehensive and cost effective solution to implement and use. It only takes a few seconds to apply for or approve leave.

Cons

Although it works fine from a phone browser, would be better to have an app.

Bindle does what we need, for a good price

I looked at a whole lot of options for leave tracking, and found that others were either *very* expensive for a small nonprofit or didn't allow the kinds of tracking we needed. Was delighted to discover Bindle, which is flexible, user-friendly and affordable.

Pros

Easy to set up, can be customized to our leave policies and calendar, very good price.

Cons

Harder to change leave entries after the fact.

Thank you for your kind words, anonymous reviewer. Glad to hear you're getting good value from Bindle.

Great Solution for Small Business and Easy Implementation

Pros

It works. I found this when searching for a solution for tracking PTO for my management team. There are a lot of solutions out there, but some are really cumbersome or have more features that anyone would ever need. This is a solid, cheap and cheerful solution.

Cons

I do wish they allowed editing for holidays within the app. The support team is very helpful if you send them what you need, but wish I didn't have to ask.

PTO Software

The system has made tracking people's PTO and scheduling out of office working very easy and quick.

Pros

The system was easy to setup and handled all the different scenarios we had to cover.

Cons

I would like to see a user app for both Apple and Android systems.

Bindle does exactly what it says it does and does it well

Very positive. Bindle saves me so much time tracking, approving, and reporting time off and has eliminated all discrepancies. It was the perfect solution as we did not want or need additional HR functionality. The branding does a good job of communicating the overall feel of the site. It was easy to set up and pass over to the team to book and track their own time off and gave managers easy oversite. Customer service was wonderful with the few questions I did have.

Pros

Bindle was easy to set up, while still having all the options I needed for my team. It saves me so much time tracking vacation form my team and everyone can track their own balances which saves time and conflict at the end of the year.

Cons

Specifically, when looking to add a new company-wide holiday the Action buttons were out of the screen and I didn't scroll past 2021 and 2022 to look for the ADD NEW EVENT. So I added a company-wide vacation day which I then had to undo (one by one) until I got support and created what I really intended.

Thanks for your very thoughtful review. We're glad Bindle's saving you so much time.

This app is perfect for our small school. It totally reduced the need for paper forms.

Efficiency. Reduction of time needed to keep up with paper forms. The wall chart allows for all employees to see who is off and when.

Pros

Very, very easy to use. The app is easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Our employees who are not as computer literate have no problem using this app.

Cons

There are no cons at this time. This app truly fits our need. In fact when we first started we needed an earlier start time to the day (since we are a school, we start at 7:30) to make the hours work for us well and Bindle's customer service was quick to meet our need by adding the earlier start time.

Hi Janet - Glad to hear things are going so well and that we were able to accommodate your earlier start times. Terrific!

I have been very satisfied using this program both as a user and administrator.

Pros

The program is easy to use and encompasses a number of features that we wanted. We like the ability of recording half days, a feature a process not easily accomplished in our old program.

Cons

I would like only the current years requests and time off to show in the program. I would also like to be able to customize our Holiday schedule without having to contact customer support.

Hi Joseph - Thanks for your glowing review of Bindle. It means a great deal to us. It sounds like you like lots of things about Bindle, without seeing too many negatives. We're always improving Bindle and we are taking steps to really simplify the process of updating your company calendars. We'll keep you informed. Thanks again Joseph!

My Review

Very positive and would've been perfect if do away with some of the negatives like controls mentioned above

Pros

Ease of use, ease of setup and maintenance

Cons

Controls missing. Not allowing closing off of past periods, not allowing some form of prevention on negative leave balance. This should be an option for customers to decide and not based on Bindle's your philosophy about leave. The name Bindle along with the logos does not tell what this software does and don't really look professional despite it being a great piece of software.

Hi Nick, Thanks for your review and kind words. Bindle does allow you to prevent people making bookings which would give them a negative balance. If however the booking in question is in the past, we do allow it to go forward for approval. Our thinking is that bookings in the past have already happened. Preventing them being recorded in Bindle would be more annoying to more users than allowing the approver to decide. I am interested in your comment about closing of past periods. We are currently working on changes how we display balances which we think will make things much clearer. If you have time to reply with how you would like closing past periods to work, that would be very helpful. Thanks again for your review and constructive feedback. Howard

Bindle is Beaut

Bindle is great - it has freed up a lot of my time and made managing staff leave much easier (and reduced paperwork significantly). Damian has been of great assistance getting me set up and assisting with items that weren't so straightforward. Thanks Bindle!!!! I can highly recommend :)

Pros

Easy - love the email system

Cons

The fact that leave can only be taken in half day blocks. Would be great if you could nominate hours/minutes of leave.

Thanks so much Jo for your kind words. We're glad that we're helping reduce your paperwork a bit. Makes us quite happy actually! Edit: 15th March 2017 - We're listening! We've now released the ability to book just a few hours off.

Bindle review

It is tracking our time off and holidays in an easy to find and update package. After the initial setup the only thing we need to do to maintain it is to remember to add our time off when necessary. We're just a small team, so we don't use this for resource management, but rather just a place to store everyone's time off and holidays owed.

Pros

Auto adjusts balances for time off and holidays

Cons

As part of the onboarding i would have rather been presented with a calendar to manually select/enter the time off and start dates and let bindle calculate the starting balances, rather than having to work out the starting balances and enter it. Or importing an excel or google calendar would have been nice too. I still find some of the terminology confusing and could be written more colloquially, and sick leave is called personal leave, which doesn't strike me as the same thing.

Hi Kieran, Thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear you are getting good value out of Bindle. We do allow (in fact encourage) people to send us their data in Excel add allow us to bulk upload it. It seems like we might not be making this clear enough. If youv'e got more people to add then get in touch - we'd love to help. The term Personal Leave seems to be in more common use than Sick Leave now, but if you prefer Sick Leave you can change the name in the Admin section.

Massive Time Savings

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Very intuitive for both admins and employees.

Cons

I would love it even more if there was an app.

Hi Lawrence Thanks for sharing your thoughts and leaving us a review. We really appreciate it. Great to hear Bindle is easy to set up and very intuitive. We try really hard to design it that way. It isn't easy for sure. Sounds like Bindle is saving some of your precious time as well. Nice. An app is in the works and is on the list somewhere... Ah yes, I see it in there!

Bindle

excellent customer service for a very good tool

Pros

Excellent tool for measuring staff leave ease of use

Cons

we would like to have a few extra functions

Hi Emile, Thanks for your kind words. We're always keen to hear about additional functionality that our customers would find useful. Please contact support@bindle.io with details. thanks Howard

Missing a key component

Pros

Simple to understand and easy enough to use

Cons

No calendar function. This seems crazy to me for software that is based around dates

Hi Ben - Thanks for taking the time to give Bindle a review. However, we find your review a little contradictory and slightly confusing. You say Bindle is "easy enough to use", yet you give us 1-star for "Ease of Use"? Reminds me a bit of one of those parody Amazon reviews, "Monsters Inc. 1-star. Too many monsters!" ;) Anyway moving on... Bindle already comes with a built-in Wallchart,...

Fantastic & easy to use!

This tool has been fantastic! I would recommend to small-medium sized businesses. The customer support I have received from the Bindle team is quick and very helpful also. They ask and LISTEN to feedback. Thanks Bindle Team! :)

Pros

Bindle is a very simple, intuitive platform to use. We are a start-up business of now 30 employees across 3 different business groups. This system is quite generic so it allows us to customise it to what we require for each business and across various countries including Australia, US and Netherlands. Fun, casual user feel and look.

Cons

Tracking Time Off In Lieu can be difficult to manage.

Hi Irene. Wow. Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to us!

Simple and effective product that is worth the low cost

Great, the customer service is great and the price is fair for the basic and effective product.

Pros

We needed a basic tool to track vacation time without a ton of bells and whistles. This had exactly what we needed by integrating directly to our google calendar and is simple to use.

Cons

I wish I could access the google calendar from the bindle website. One time I couldn't figure out how to add a request to the company calendar and I had to go back to the original request email and click the add to calendar button. It would be nice to be able to add to the calendar from Bindle.

Hi Kala, Thanks for your great review and feedback about the calendar links. I am interested in getting more details about the calendar issue. Would you mind emailing support@bindle.io with more details and we will look into it. thanks Howard

Individuals are more accountable, info is more accurate, processing payroll is much more efficient.

Efficient time off management for team of about 15 people in a busy office.

Pros

Having a centralised place for all staff leave requests which is more efficient, reduces human error, saves paper and time. Clear summary on Wallchart which can be viewed in Outlook alongside other calendars.

Cons

Hours can't be customised as required. Need 15 minute intervals, eg. to show that a staff member is out of office for the day on personal or annual leave, but does 45 minutes work from home.

Hi Heather - Thanks for taking the time to review Bindle! Sounds like using Bindle is making quite a positive difference at Gresely Abas. We're looking at making time-off intervals more granular. We'll keep you informed.

Very large company using it

We’ve enjoy it

Pros

Price, easy to teach and use, easy setup and company helps assist. Nice dashboard, reporting

Cons

Cannot assigns more than 1 person to approve, so if someone is on vacation, items need to be manually switched. Would like to assign heirchy of approved. Also would like to move people from one area or region to another in bulk- not one by one

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad to hear you're getting on so well with Bindle. I've taken note of your suggestions around how Bindle could be improved for larger companies and we'll keep them in mind when we're deciding what features to add next. If there's anything else we can do for you just contact support@bindle.io. Thanks again, Howard

User-Friendly PTO Tracking Software that Provides Peace of Mind

Great. Communicative customer support and a streamlined, user-friendly interface that meets all of our PTO tracking needs.

Pros

I love that Bindle organizes all of our PTO tracking in one location. It is highly customizable and works with all of our company time off policies. It allows us to easily resolve employee questions and concerns by referring to the captured data. Data entry and report creation is easy and very fast. If I ever have any questions, Bindle customer support responds promptly with detailed information. I can 100% count on this software and company with our PTO needs.

Cons

While viewing and booking employee time is super user-friendly, the initial set up on the back end was a bit confusing. However, Bindle customer support is awesome and walked me through all of my questions.

Hi Michelle - Awesome! It's so heartening for us to hear that you feel you can 100% count on Bindle for your PTO needs. We'll continue to work really hard to make sure you can. Thanks so much for taking time to share your thoughts!

Great software, easy to use.

The online portal has a nice clean design, that is easy to navigate and use. The functionality is very good without being over complicated at all. Very user friendly.

Pros

User friendly, not over complicated options. Clean page design, not overly busy pages that overwhelm.

Cons

Only minor things: 1) the balance check could be a bit better if it let you select both the month and the year before it refreshed. 2) the wallchart would look better if it look like a normal calendar rather than a list of dates. You'd be able to see more on one page.

Hi Rosie - Thanks for taking the time to review Bindle! You've given us some great feedback here. We've made a note of your comments about the balance check and the Wallchart. Stay tuned!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.