IdealTraits Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.2/10

Reviews by rating

I love how easy it is to navigate the site. Being able to see where each of the candidate's stage in the employment application is great.
Easy to use and provides useful information. Been nice watching them grow and expand their offerings to include things like job-posting and video interview.
Everyone has been incredibly helpful and professional. I appreciate the opportunity to have a team helping hire.
I'm new to this and have yet to fully use the product so no comment just yet.
There is nothing that I would say I don't like.

KH

Kevin H.

Khutchins2024

Over all experience has been great. Will keep using it.

Pros

I like the way it is simple to use and self explanatory.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is to be able to speak with a live person like we used to.

Hi Kevin, Thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad you've found the system easy to use and that it has saved you time when it comes to your hiring. I will say, even though we no longer have the direct inbound phone line, you can usually schedule a call within 15 minutes hwne you use the "Request a Call" button in the Help menu or from the Chat Bubble. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our customer support experience, so I will let our Team Lead know to think more about how we can increase our availability. Thank you again for taking the time to offer feedback, we truly appreciate it!

KB

Kayla B.

Good Product

Good! The initial setup was fantastic. Loved Kelly! We've had some good candidates come through as well.

Pros

All candidates in one spot. Post, sponsor, track, schedule, etc.

Cons

Candidate tracking could be more user friendly

Hi Kayla, Thank you so much for the feedback! We would love to hear more about what you would like to see to improve your experience with Candidate Tracking. We are always looking for ways to improve your experience even further. We're also so glad to hear you've had some good candidates coming through. Thanks again for the review, we appreciate it!

JM

Julie M.

Enjoy Using Ideal Traits

easy to use and enjoy the simple tasks to keep us organized during hiring

Pros

The questionnaire helps to identify quality candidates

Cons

Wish we got more candidates to choose from

Hi Julie, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad that you are enjoying using the product and that you find the assessment to be valuable in helping you to identify the right candidates. I definitely recommend scheduling a call with the support team within your account at your convenience. Our team would be happy to take a look at your ads and offer any suggestions that could potentially be beneficial in increasing your applicant traffic. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as we greatly appreciate it and are always looking for ways to improve.

SB

STEVEN B.

GOOD PLATFORM

NOT BAD BUT SOME THINGS COULD BE A BIT BETTER.

Pros

BETTER CANDIDATES THAN OTHER PLATFORMS.

Cons

SOME USER FUNCTIONS COULD BE BETTER AND I CONTINUE TO GET POP UPS THAT I DON'T LIKE.

Hi Steven! Thank you so much for the feedback and review. We are glad to hear that you've had luck finding candidates that better fit the qualifications for your roles. We'd love to help you out with getting rid of some of the popups. If you just send a message to our support team, we can make sure to remove you from that messaging so it stays out of your way. Thanks again for taking the time to offer feedback! We'd love to hear what improvements you'd like to see moving forward as well to help create a better experience for you along the road.

TP

Tara P.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Idealtraits Team is Great!

Overall experience was great. Highly recommend!

Pros

I loved the response from the Idealtraits team when I had a question or problem. I also like the pretesting options for a job posting. I feel I can vet the candidates easily when they complete the prescreening process.

Cons

I felt I had to keep refreshing the job posting to keep people interested in applying.

Hi Tara, Thank you for leaving a review of IdealTraits! We are glad to hear that you have had a great experience with our team and have gotten help quickly when needed. We agree, the prescreening with the assessment is a great way to easily identify the qualities your are looking for in a candidate. We'd be happy to take a look at your job ad any time to make sure it stays fresh and updated. Thank you again for the kind words and feedback!

MB

Michele B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Innovative & easy

Pros

Ideal Traits staff are professional and always there to help anything you need!

Cons

Figuring out how to tailor the automation to our business needs.

Hi Michele, Thank you so much for the feedback. We would love to set up some time with you and a member of our support team to go over how to best work the automation to your needs. We're here to help make hiring as easy as possible for you! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, or if there are additional features you'd like to see that would make the platform even more intuitive for your hiring goals!

BV

Brandon V.

Be a growth machine

Great company to deal with I wouldn’t use any other company in my hiring

Pros

Easy to use , great service and simply it works

Cons

That I didn’t know about it sooner I wish I would have signed up from day one opening the agency

Hi Brandon, Even though it wasn't from day 1, we are so glad you found us and that we have been a beneficial resource for you. Thank you so much for the kind review and for being such a loyal partner. If you ever need anything, you know where to find us!

SK

Shannon K.

Effortless Efficiency

My experience with Ideal Traits has been nothing short of exceptional. The platform offers seamless integration and organization, transforming the recruiting process into a streamlined and efficient operation. It's truly an indispensable tool, revolutionizing the way recruiting, interviewing, and candidate selection are handled. The platform's intuitive interface and user-friendly design further enhance its appeal, making it a joy to use. Additionally, the customer service team's responsiveness and efficiency have been consistently impressive, ensuring that any inquiries or concerns are addressed promptly. Over the course of four years, I have encountered no issues with Ideal Traits, a testament to their unwavering commitment to excellence in both functionality and usability.

Pros

Ideal Traits streamlines the recruiting process with remarkable ease and organization. It's an indispensable tool, a paradigm shift that simplifies recruiting, interviewing, and candidate selection. The platform boasts intuitive usability and user-friendly interface. Furthermore, the readily accessible customer service team consistently delivers prompt responses.

Cons

I have been utilizing Ideal Traits for four years, during which I have encountered no issues whatsoever. The platform's functionality and usability have consistently impressed me, showcasing their commitment to excellence. No complaints!

Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your feedback on the platform. We appreciate the kind words and appreciate your business over the last four years. We certainly look forward to continuing to help support your recruitment activities in the coming years as well. You know we are always looking to grow, so if there is anything that you would like to see us add to the platform, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team and we'll see what we can do to make it happen. Thank you, again, for taking the time to leave a review!

BB

Ben B.

Simple / Easy

Very good. [sensitive content hidden] is fantastic. ....

Pros

Interface was nice. Very clean to use......

Cons

Cannot search resumes. Cannot easily sort by knock out questions "show me only candidates that clicked yes on both knock out questions." Currently you need to click into each candidates file and sort accordingly.

Hi Ben, Thank you so much for taking the time to offer feedback and a review. I will definitely pass along the suggestion to our product team to try to implement more ways to filter by the pre-qualifying questions. We'd also love to hear more about what you would like to do in terms of searching resumes as we do have a resume parsing/keyword search, but we'd love to make it easier for you to find what you're looking for. Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback and leave a review! We greatly appreciate it.

jC

jennifer C.

Worth the money

This has been a fabulous tool for our recruiting.

Pros

Ease of use, great tracking system and love the assessment tool.

Cons

The amount of emails sent through the applicant process

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your feedback! We are super glad to hear that IdealTraits has been an asset in your hiring journey and that you love the assessment. If you're referencing the emails you receive throughout the process, you can get in touch with our support team rand they can help you change those settings so you only get the updates that are most important to you. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review!

SI

Skip I.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

OK but needs to be user friendly

Pros

I like that I can post my jobs on here for the big post boards

Cons

This needs to work better from my cell phone because I'm always on the go. This is terrible on IOS. I also want you guys to not just let me ask candidates if they're licensed, but there needs to be a radial button or star on their name in the overall candidate list page so I can quickly sort/see licensed candidates.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Skip. We appreciate you being a member of the platform for 8 years and truly value your feedback and suggestions. While our platform is not currently optimized for the cell phone interface, rest assured that our development team has been working hard to make this possible. We will let you know when that is optimized, which will hopefully be an added...

jl

jon l.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

enjoy the product, used it for several years

positive, cust. service is always quick to respond.

Pros

software is easy to use and delegate to others

Cons

pricing is quite high, has more features than other sites but significantly more expensive.

Hi Jon, Thank you for the review and for sticking with us over the years! We're glad to hear you find the software easy to use, not only for yourself, but for everyone on your hiring team. We're also glad to hear that you've had a positive experience through your interactions with our service team. If there's ever anything we can do to help, you know where to find us!

HG

Helen G.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Webinar- Spotlight of success

Pros

The easy way to use the assessments. This process is easy for the user and seems to work very well.

Cons

Using it as the only tool to rate a person. I think the time of day and the amount of time you use to do it makes the results different. Have had people do them more than once.

Hi Helen, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you're able to easily fold the assessment into your hiring process. There are a few different factors that go into the amount of time someone takes to complete the assessment and some of these factors can point back to that person's personality result. If you ever have questions or concerns about assessment results or the length of time taken, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team and we can chat through what might have happened or what it can mean for the candidate. We're here to help! We'd also love to hear what else we could do that would make it more likely for you to recommend us to colleagues. We are always looking for ways to improve and greatly appreciate the feedback.

LZ

Lynard Z.

Recruiting

My experience has been awesome since day one. I like they have also made improvements over the years that has been beneficial has my business has grown and so has it's needs.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and customize. The recruiting assistance I am getting is extremely beneficial to my hiring process.

Cons

There is really nothing I can think of when it comes to what I like least.

Hi Lynard, Thank you for the awesome feedback, we really appreciate it! We are so glad that we have been able to grow right alongside you over the years. It's also great to hear that you're benefitting from the Virtual Hiring Assistant Program. It can be such a time saver. Thank you again & you know where to find us if you ever need anything!

MH

MELODY H.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Great Tool to get good employee prospects

I have used this system for years and years and will continue to use it. I like the formating of the program and being able to score an applicant, email them, review their assesments which is vital for my employment processes

Pros

I love the assessment tool which has never failed me to be accurate.

Cons

I Need more assistance with Job Postings and verbage used in my postings to attract more applications

Hi Melody! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We'd be more than happy to help out with your job posting when it is most convenient for you. We're also so glad to hear that you enjoy the assessment and the features of the platform. Thank you again for the review!

PL

Peter L.

IdealTraits is a MUST HAVE

I will renew my agreement over and over again. Its worth the cost.

Pros

IdealTraits covers all the platforms in one shot. Easy to use, affordable. I am always looking for good quality help IdealTraits makes my job manageable.

Cons

This platform has everything well put together.

Hi Peter, Thank you for the awesome review. We are so glad that you love it and are looking forward to a c continued partnership. It is awesome to hear that you feel everything is covered in one place as that is something we have always worked on improving with every new product and feature that we add. If there's anything that you feel is missing, even if it's something tiny, let us know and we'll see what we can do to implement your suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

JO

Jeremy O.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Olson Agency

Can't imagine running my agency without it. It is something I use every single day with new and current staff.

Pros

Helps me hire the right personalities for my team, and also helps me coach current staff, as every personality type responds to different coaching.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is at times the site moves fairly slow.

Hi Jeremy, Thank you so much for the feedback. We are currently working on upgrading the loading speed on the site, so that should be resolved for you quickly. We are so glad to hear that you find IdealTraits to be such a valuable asset in your agency. Thanks for sticking with us since the beginning!

MS

Matt S.

MUST HAVE!!!!

Pros

I love how it makes it easy to consistently have an interview pipeling

Cons

It sometime is a bit glitchy/slow to respond. There are many times where every other software program is running completely fine on my computer but the loading time for Ideal Traits can sometimes be excessive. Other than that it is perfect!

Hi Matt, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that you love the platform and use it regularly! Our product team is actively working to create even faster loading times within the site, so you should be seeing that improve very soon. Thank you for the kind feedback!

JH

James H.

Ideal traits in review

Pros

What I like most about Ideal traits is being able to find qualified candidates during the hiring phase.

Cons

Trying to find old hires in the system when wanting to review their personality trait for coaching.

Hi James, Thanks so much for the feedback, we really appreciate it. I do have a few tips for finding older hires in the system: First, I would recommend moving them to the Hired Stage using the stages dropdown menu from the candidate list. This will also allow the system to track their hire date for you so you never have to worry about forgetting! You canalso add Tags from the Candidate list such as "Hired" and this would provide just another way to filter and search throughout that Hired stage. If you have any additional questions or feedback, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team and we'd love to help out!

KC

Keith C.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

The best in the industry

Amazing Spectacular Stupendous The best

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] are great minds to help in finding candidates and the personality profiles help a ton

Cons

Nothing but I have to write 40 characters

Hi Keith, Thank you for the review! We're so glad to see that you enjoy IdealTraits so much and truly appreciate all of the kind words. Also, thank you for constantly being willing to offer feedback and suggestions over the years that you have been with us. We appreciate you!

JK

Jason K.

5-Stars+++++

Pros

The recruiting feature with indeed and the short answer. I like that it gives me an idea of who they are and what position would be the best fit for them at my company before I talk with them.

Cons

Nothing at all yet they are great. I love IdealTraits!

Hi Jason, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you love the platform and have found great value through our partnership with Indeed and through our assessments. We're so glad you chose us to help you identify your ideal candidates!

SM

Stella M.

Partnership for Hiring and Accessment

Great company to work with for your hiring needs and employee assessment. they help you understand their website and are willing to help in any way they can to get your hiring needs accomplished. They check in periodically to see how things are going.

Pros

the help with the set up of job reviews and help with Links to have this posted on our Linkedin, Facebook, social media.

Cons

not sure of anything that I dislike. Ideal Traits has been continuously helpful and there when we need them.

Hi Stella, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you have had a great experience with the platform and that you've been able to easily get help from the team when you've needed it. Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate you sticking with us over the years! Don't hesitate to reach out if there are any new products or features you'd like to see on the platform. We'd love to hear what else we can do to make your experience even better in the future.

HR

Haley R.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great resource for application screening

Pros

I love the personality assessment. Every candidate I have hired has been tested with Idealtraits prior to hiring and they have fit their personality fully. It is a great tool to use to make sure the right person is being hired for the right position as well as making sure they will fit well with your current team.

Cons

I think it is pricey and can't say that I receive the most qualified candidates from them directly. I usually will find them through my own job postings directly with Indeed and then test them with the personality assessment within ideal traits.

Hello Haley, Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that you find value in the personality assessment and have implemented it in your hiring practices! I will also say that we are a Gold Partner with Indeed, so posting job ads with our platform works just as if you posted directly on Indeed and would help save you the step of adding them into IdealTraits, however, we always recommend using any sources possible to find the very best candidate out there. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks again!

DF

Dwain F.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Ideal Traits recruiting supporting.

It's been great and me and my recruiter have a great system set up! Wouldn't change anything.

Pros

That Ideal Traits take the lead in pre-screening all of the candidates, along with setting the assessments. Then my recruiter and I discuss the candidates I'm interested in and where they would best fit. They handle everything and even set up the initial interview. This takes all of the recruiting off my plate and allows me to focus on running my agency.

Cons

I would like it a little less expensive.

Hi Dwain, Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad to hear that you're having great success with the Virtual Hiring Assistant Program. It is a really great tool, especially when it comes to taking some of the work of hiring off your plate. We appreciate you!

AH

Amanda H.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Essential Business Tool for Recruiting, Interviews and Assessments of Top Talent

I would highly recommend IdealTraits for every part of the hiring process if you want to recruit and retain top talent in any industry. Their product is very affordable for all of the features it has and will save you so much time and money with their streamlined process.

Pros

Ideal Traits has everything you need in one product. Their team and progressive software helps with everything from placing job ads to find the best candidates to video interview options that save valuable time. Their personality assessments are spot on and also help in future coaching of staff.

Cons

I have no complaints. Their user experience and ease of use is superior to other products I've used in the past. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Amanda, Thank you so much for the kind review. We love that you are getting the most out of the product and all of the tools that we have to offer. It is especially great to hear that you utilize the assessments in the platform beyond making the initial hire as it can be so beneficial in training and development as well. You know where to find us if there's ever anything we can do to help or if there are any additional products or features you'd like to see us add!