Shiftboard Reviews

4.41/5 (202 reviews)

Ashley Darling

Decent Functionality

Reviewed 2018-11-19

The software was just what I was looking for in that it lets my staff opt in to events. The tech support is friendly and fast but doesn’t always have a definitive answer for you. The mobile app turned out to be a great bonus though I wish it had more of the features available for the desktop version. Overall, I’m very happy with the software and would purchase again in a heartbeat.This is the only scheduling software I’ve found that lets employees opt into a shift instead of filling out their availability every week. I work in a catering business so we don’t have consistent work for our servers. They all have school or other jobs to work around their schedule with us. Some of them only work with us twice a month so asking them to keep an updated calendar of their availability is unrealistic. This software lets me post all the shifts and have servers sign up for the ones they want. It’s very helpful. Shiftboard does also have the ability to let staff fill in availability and have management work off that, however. I also appreciate that I can include notes about the shift and addresses for when we do offsites. The software also lets me divide servers into teams so that they see only the shifts they are eligible for.

Rick Amelse

Review from Woodson YMCA

Reviewed 2016-11-08

I can't speak enough about Shiftboard and the amount of time and energy that the software has saved myself and other managers. I have no qualms about promoting the product to other departments and facilities.I love how the product is able to track certifications. The trade board function has saves me a lot of time and energy. The document function and linking of certification to profile type has also saves time and paper. I really like that I can now create a schedule and not publish it until I am finished. Schedules we create are often in motion until publication. I like that staff are no longer receiving messages until the schedule is completed.

Online rotas made easy

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Allows us to easily rota 500+ staff membersProducing rotas/schedules for 500+ staff members across multiple teams is no easy challenge. Especially with complex rules and specifications for each of those teams, so the fact that shiftboard even comes close to achieving these results is impressive. The software is simple and easy to use, particularly for the end users who'll probably appreciate this more than the management who need to implement it. Has been running for around 5 years now with no significant issues in that time, so again really impressive.

Anonymous

Shiftboard has a steep learning curve, but is an incredibly powerful tool

Reviewed 2018-02-16

Significant reduction in overlapping systems. One-stop-shop for lots of scheduling/program needs. A simple way to remind staff of their shifts and inform them of changes.It has eliminated many other systems and brought them into one place. It can handle the customization that we need as we operate a less-than-normal staffing system (some seasonal staff, some permanent; some overlapping shifts, some week-long programs, etc.). The team at Shiftboard has been very responsive to our requests and needs, which is very important. Given time, I'm optimistic that its reporting abilities will be very useful for anticipating and hiring for future needs. Coming from a world of dozens of complex, non-communicating spreadsheets, it's great to have everything in one place!

Joe Riescher

Shiftboard makes scheduling easy

Reviewed 2016-08-30

In event staffing things change quickly and having a scheduling software that was easy to use was a must. Most solutions in the scheduling space to not compare to Shiftboard on the ability to change time/location/uniform/client/event details all from your phone. Currently I manage a staff list of over 500 and I could not it without Shiftboard.Straightforward -- Even though there are help FAQs and videos, they are not needed, the interface is self explanatory. Reporting -- They will customize reports for you but the basic reports export to PDF or Excel for easy editing. Cost -- Only billing on actually scheduled versus active makes this perfect for companies with seasonal schedules

Anonymous

A near perfect site for coordinating shifts and people

Reviewed 2017-10-12

A flawless solution for matching volunteers to gigs! I can count on Shiftboard to work everytime, to sign up for shifts, remind me of shifts, give me credit for the shifts I've completed, and to cancel when I have to. In my experience, it is the best software for letting people sign up for shifts and for the venue to reach out for volunteers. I have been using it as a volunteer for about three years and have never encountered a glitch. It is extremely versatile and robust. It's easy to assign people to different teams and levels (regular team and gold team for VIP volunteers, for example).

Anonymous

Shiftboard transformed our organization's personnel scheduling system!

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Ease of scheduling staff, ease of signing up for shifts by employees, organization of shift calendar that is accessible to all employeesOnce you have a chance to work with it, it makes staffing a breeze. The customer service is fantastic and receptive to all questions. Our multi-generational personnel can all participate in the scheduling process, and different positions have access to different levels of involvement within that process. Prior to the adoption of Shiftboard for our organization, we used pen and paper to have over 100 employees sign up for various shifts. If pencil was used, staff would sometimes erase someone's shift and sign up in their place. It was a mess. Now everyone can plan their schedules from the comfort of their own home.

Alexander Ocvirek

Adequate, but has room for improvement.

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Overall, it is a passable scheduling tool. Having worked with Deputy previously, I am finding the overall user experience somewhat disappointing. Since the program is not integrating with our payroll system at this time, I am reviewing it solely on the grounds of it's use as a tool for communicating schedules to my staff, and keeping track of who I have working. In this respect it is just adequate. If changes to shift dates/times/employees are made on short notice, the available schedule visualizations and inelegant user interface make it more frustrating and time consuming to change or delete a shift than it is worth, and the lack of an effective visual representation of the schedule from the employee side means it isn't used as often as I'd like. I often end up using text messages and email to communicate changes instead. Their willingness to work with my company's billing (Net 60) is greatly appreciated, and this flexibility should be a major selling point for larger organizations. - Cost effective. - Shiftboard accounts receivable is willing to work with you on billing times. - Good array of features and tools. - Very good features for bulk assignments and automated help generating a schedule. (Good for large organizations or new sites needing a schedule generated.)

Christa McDiarmid

I use the program to manage hundreds of employees

Reviewed 2017-10-17

The catalog of all of the past and present employees. There are many people over the 12 years of my management that I have lost track of but this tool helps to jog my memory and helps my team keep track of why or why not we want to have them back. We are an employer that employs most of our team for only 2 months a year, so this type of management is crucial for us.I like the ability to look up my employees easily, check their teams and the profile piece is very thorough.

Rowillie Ross

Shiftboard has made scheduling and timecard keeping so much easier for my team.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Ease of scheduling for me as the hiring supervisor and for my staff to schedule themselves within the parameters our department sets.-The ease of scheduling and duplicating set schedules -Being able to tracker my staff's hours -Posting empty shifts for staff to pick up when they have sporadic availability -Ease of trading shifts

Robert McPherson

Major Advantage

Reviewed 2016-08-27

I have used Shiftboard for 3 years and it has transformed my business. We are able to give staff the luxury of choosing their own shifts. When anyone asks what time is this or that. I can simply point them to shiftboard. This has helped me retain people, keep people happy and recruit better people. Before shiftboard we struggled to keep everyone up to date on late news and updates. Shiftboard allows me to categorize our teams and make specific announcements to them. I can also run reports, send texts and so much more. Flexibility, customization

M M. Read

Decent

Reviewed 2017-10-16

We are kind of stuck with it because our employees are all learning to use it but we still have to do a lot more communication with them because SB is not user friendly. We are also constantly reaching out for support because your support team can only do one thing at a time. We can't cover multiple issues with one person or callIt eventually does what we need it to do.

Richard Doyle

Decent software to use; could use some improvements.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

It does allow me to keep a calendar of my photography schedule for Victory Views, usually in an easy to use fashion.Overall, it is fairly easy to use, once you get it set up. It it usually quick to update in most cases.

Gregory Harvey-Smith

Very easy to use. Nice system

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Having everything time stamped so there is no more he said/she said.Shiftboard is so easy to set up shifts and change them is necessary as the need arises. This makes scheduling a breeze.

Chris Engler

Fantastic Software!

Reviewed 2017-10-12

I like the various search perimeters for report running. This is a great user friendly system that's easy to teach.

Harry Mandris

Web based scheduling calendar

Reviewed 2018-09-19

Vast improvement over our old system. And I like that different supervisors can change things.I like the fact there are multiple platforms to view the program. I can easily check to see when my next shift is from many places. And my supervisor can schedule me and I can schedule myself. It's easily user definable.

Conveniently Simple

Reviewed 2018-02-20

I like the fact that paper is obsolete, people have the information exactly when they need and can request time off from their kitchen table, when their are with their families and don't have to wait until the Human Resource Office opens on Monday Morning.

Letty Gomez

Shift Board is a great program for shifts. The ease to access, change and add are very user-friendly

Reviewed 2017-10-16

My favorite thing about Shift Board is that it is very user-friendly. Figuring out the different reports and how to's is significantly easy. The necessary steps are easily identifiable. Thank you!

James Knirsch

A different festival

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2016-09-01

We have a diversified group of volunteers and I would expect some to have trouble logging in but almost all of our volunteers have trouble. Some have threatened to quit if they had to use the systemI like the ability to schedule people.

Steven Behnke

A great value, an irreplaceable tool for our organization.

Reviewed 2018-02-14

It really organizes our musicians extremely well, we have very little confusion now.This helps us organize all of our contractors and employees. It gets them all onboard pretty easy and has a lot of powerful tools that have made running our organization much easier. We tried a LOT of different products and this one was the only one that really met all our needs to get everyone scheduled and organized, it is an amazing value for the price they charge us.

Brenda Morris

I truly enjoy the software. It makes the self-scheduling process very easy.

Reviewed 2017-10-16

I am able to schedule myself and view my schedule on the go. I love that I am able to see it on the go on the application. I also love that is up to the minute. If an employee modifies their schedule you can see it in real time (after updating.) You are also able to trade shifts without asking anyone.

Justin Jagger

Use of Shiftboard in an Academic Setting Provides Ease and Accuracy in Laboratory Scheduling

Reviewed 2009-07-08

For anyone attempting to organize a large group of people into smaller, more personal groups, Shiftboard is an ideal method of doing so. It's entirely online, easy to use (both from an administrator and a user perspective) and the support staff has always been readily available and receptive to any functional suggestions you may have. This website provides a number of distinct advantages for scheduling unique events, lectures and laboratories in the large scale academic environment (500+). Of substantial importance is the ability to provide equal access and availability to events that are constrained by finite resources. Through the creation of distinct "time slots" that LIMIT the number of participants, Shiftboard delivers on this like nothing else I've encountered. By empowering students (i.e. the users) to view event availability as well as requiring them to schedule their own session time, Shiftboard places the assurance of participation directly on the user's shoulders. Likewise, Shiftboard provides near fail-safe mechanisms to ensure participation through automatic reminder and confirmatory emails, as well as the ability to monitor and control all site activity and content.

Carrie Smith

We love Shiftboard!

Reviewed 2016-11-08

We use this software for scheduling volunteers for a non-profit. Most of our volunteers are retirees, and many don't have much computer experience. This software is VERY user friendly, both for the volunteers, and for myself as an admin to get things set up. If we ever have questions, help is just a phone call away-on the same coast! I get emails from the company, just checking in. I've never dealt with a company with such great follow-through! Thank you! User friendly, simple, lots of different options

Debbie Wergin

Easy

Reviewed 2017-10-12

Ease of broadcasted information and broadcasting information for signing up.I use the History capture to review schedules and pay periods. I also like the interface between the events posted scheduling and private Calendar use. The ease of scheduling and picking up shifts is one of the most useful tools in the industry.

Heather Varner

So far, I have had no issues with the Shiftboard software or technical support.

Reviewed 2017-10-23

I like that it is easy to use and that I can schedule my staff in multiple locations easily. It is also nice that I can set a store up with a schedule one year at at a time so that all my staff has to do is choose who is working.