Volgistics Reviews

4.48/5 (56 reviews)

Vickie French

Volunteer Program Comes Alive with Volgistics

Reviewed 2016-12-01

We launched Volgistics August 2014, after taking advantage of the free trial period to experiment with the system. We are very satisfied with the results. As we've become more familiar with the software, we use more of the features. Before we purchased Volgistics as our management tool, we didn't have an integrated system to handle all the county departments that use volunteers. That's all changed. Volgistics brought us into the 21st century. For the first time, we know who all the volunteers are, where they volunteer , what they do, when and for how long. The robust reporting features provide the data we need to manage the program and share the stories about the valuable contributions volunteers make in our community. In June 2015, I took advantage of another offer Volgistics made available and that was to start an administrators users group to share experiences and learn from one another. The group continues to meet monthly and everyone leaves the learning session energized with their newly obtained skills. We use VicNet, VicTouch, and the Docs features. We just launched the text messaging option and look forward to the opportunity that will bring to improve communication. And lastly, Volgistics has a great support team. Ease of use, reporting, communication features and continuous upgrades, reasonable cost

Janet Crystal

Volgistics is a powerful tool! It's a great product! I heartily recommend it!

Reviewed 2018-12-11

o It can handle just about any kind of business/organization requirments. o It can produce just about any kind of report you need, using either the (unmodified) stock reports or stock reports you can modify to your own requirements. o The online help topics (both written and videos) are EXCELLENT! o The email help (writing to a real person) is fast, knowledgeable, and helpful. o You can use as many or as few of the options as you want. The more you use, the better able you will be to generate information quickly by searches or reports.

Ellen Steger

Robust software for volunteer scheduling

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Easy scheduling, instant response from customer support, good reporting, amazingly complete volunteer database with so many ways to enter data.The volunteer interface with the software is so easy to use. A 10 minute demonstration and 98% of our volunteers are off and running. The support could not be better, within minutes you have an answer to your question, and if you don't look at it promptly, you receive an email saying it is there. Once you find your way around the reports, the reporting is very good. Schedule reminders are sent to all volunteers reminding them of their assignments which is awesome.

Avonte Jackson

Simply the best!

Reviewed 2018-01-17

I use Volgistics on a daily basis to manage our database of 300+ volunteers. It is the simplest yet most comprehensive volunteer management system that I have used...and I do have direct experience with other systems. Volunteer processing, report generation and database management are very straightforward. On the rare occasion that we need help, the support team is incredibly responsive. Our volunteers love it also. From online applications to self-scheduling, our volunteers have universally given very positive feedback. Volgistics is one of my most important productivity tools. It is great.

Joe Landmichl

Best Volunteer Management Software

Reviewed 2018-05-09

I have used this program at the last 3 non profits I have come into. I believe in the program because of all the benefits it offers. It truly helps maintain records, save time and is the best tool any volunteer manager can ask for! This is the best software. They are low cost, offer great benefits and the programs does so much! I travel the country fixing volunteer programs, and have brought the volgistics program to the last 3 non profits who still use the software to this day. It tracks hours, checklists and trainings, allows for text alerts, builds schedules and much much much much (not a type) more. The program does so much to help volunteer departments fill the need of the organization. It truly is the Cadillac of volunteer programs and will do you great service.

Anonymous

worth 10x what you pay for it!

Reviewed 2017-11-22

I save so much time! with volunteers self scheduling, signing in and out... and the cost, it's got the features of most top of the line programs with the price that is VERY affordable. you can even customize it to your organization to not pay for things you do not use!absolute time saver. with over 800 volunteers signing in and out every month, this has DRASTICALLY cut down the amount of time spent tracking hours, scheduling, gathering information, and communicating with volunteers.

Catherine Dietz

The Volgistics Team

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Volgistics helps me greatly to keep track of how many hours each of my volunteers have served and in what role they served them. I can easily look up their information for their phone numbers or email addresses and check the details of their volunteer interests and past work.Volgistics is absolutely wonderful in creating a easy to understand form for new volunteers that we can incorporate directly into our website. Through that I can see all of the information I need about a volunteer and help keep track of their progress as they continue to volunteer.

Janet Morris

Love, love, love Volgistics

Reviewed 2016-07-27

Volgistics is fantastic for organizing my volunteer department. The scheduling feature alone is worth the price. Volunteers can actually schedule themselves so that I don't have to manage it. Configuring was easy, using it is pretty intuitive, and the email customer support is fabulous. No 800 number to call but I find they respond very quickly to emails. The scheduling and timekeeping features. It's easy for volunteers to access the system. They have very little trouble except for the usual forgetting their passwords. But they can reset them. The only problems I have are with the older volunteers who just can't seem to grasp computers.

Georgia Afton

OUTSTANDING Customer service. Prompt, efficient, clear and concise. Extremely responsive. A+

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Volgistics efficiencies have greatly enhanced our capacity to effectively onboard and communicate with volunteers.Ease of use and brilliant customer service support. Volgistics has revolutionized our service delivery to volunteers. I was prompted to write the following after customer support came through for me on an issue: THANKS A MILLION! You guys absolutely blow me away with your responsiveness, your patience and your empathy. Not to mention, the clarity and detail with which you convey your problem-solving genius!

Kate Scherr-Adams

I love this software and have used it with several organizations!

Reviewed 2014-01-09

In 2011 I was responsible for recruiting and managing 500 volunteers for a conference in our city. I researched volunteer software options and did tutorials of various ones. Volgisitics was the best by far. I had worked in the volunteer field for many years prior and had used different tools, so knew some of my frustrations with other tools. I have now used Volgisitics for 3 large events (up to 600 volunteers and 1200 volunteer shifts over one week) and currently for a smaller nonprofit that has an on-going volunteer program. I love it every time I use it and recommend it to everyone I speak with. The best thing is that the software is rock solid -- no glitches, shutdowns, weird loss of data, etc. Also, there are options for everything... so no matter what kind of program you have or special circumstances you have you can turn on or off features to customize it as needed. The "help" center is awesome! 9 times out of 10 when I email them I hear back within an hour. Even on a Saturday! The answers are thorough and very helpful. The other day I heard back within 15 min. I use the help center when I have a special circumstance and want to think through my best options. Volunteers who use it (via VicNet) love the ease of the system. They let me know and ask if they can have the name of it to share with other organizations they volunteer with who have a system less easy to use. I love the reporting feature. Often times software like this limits the reports you can get, which is frustrating and not helpful. Volgisitics offers very customizeble and useful reports. It does take some time to learn, but once you know it and use it regularly, you will cruise through it. I think it takes time because there are so many options. It does take some time to learn the system since it is robust. But once you learn it, you will cruise on through! I highly recommend it.

Annette Anderson

Surpassing expectations

Reviewed 2016-02-12

As the Volunteer Coordinator, I have been using Volgistics in our library district for a little over a year, and have nothing but positive things to say about it. The system is user friendly and was easy to customize for our needs. Rarely do I need to submit a Help ticket. When I do, it's almost always because I failed to thoroughly check the Help Topics provided. Regardless of this, the customer service we receive is friendly, fast and thorough. In response to these requests there is usually a personalized email that contains an explanation of the problem with a summary of the solution, as well as a link to the already existing Help Topic that I failed to look for. These people have thought of every possible question and problem that could arise and have covered these in their Help Topics which provide step-by-step direction on how to resolve the issue. I was most impressed yesterday when we were experiencing an issue with a volunteer not receiving emails sent through Volgistics. It turned out that the issue arose as a result of the filtering through their own email service. Volgistics really blew me away with their service. As usual, they emailed an explanation and a link to the Help Topic that I again failed to look for. Most amazing was that the Help Topic included step-by-step directions on how to rectify the issue with each of the major email services. I was able to give those directions to the volunteer rather than just tell them that the problem is on their end leaving them to spend valuable time searching the internet for a solution. I could go on and on about how great Volgistics is. If you're considering it, I highly recommend you take advantage of the free trial period and watch the video tutorials. I don't know how I managed without it in the past.

Emily Fishman

Volunteer Management LIFESAVER

Reviewed 2012-09-05

I will be honest, when I first used Volgistics I transferred from managing volunteers through Excel spreadsheets, so it FAR exceeded my expectations. I recently started at my current job and they use a different program and to be nice, it isn't cutting it for me. I had all I could do to patiently wait approval to acquire Volgistics. It is incredibly cost-efficient for the amount of features it offers. I would advise anyone in the volunteer management field to purchase Volgistics as your management system. They've thought of it all and more. Volgistics is the perfect volunteer management system and I would highly recommend it to any organization.I would highly recommend Volgistics to anyone needing to manage volunteers. The features seem endless and provide dynamic options to manage volunteers and create reports. It is extremely user-friendly and the basics are fairly intuitive. The online resource in the Help Section are BEYOND comprehensive and if that doesn't answer your questions the direct customer service is quick, efficient and they don't make you feel incompetent for asking a question. The videos are a huge help and the implementation of webinars is a great new resource that helps instruct and also shows new ways to use Volgistics.

Anonymous

Volgistics ensures our volunteer department is organized and cohesive.

Reviewed 2018-02-01

The number one pro is the reporting feature. Having the ability to synthesis the volunteer data at the click of a button is amazing. I also like the ability to schedule and communicate with volunteers as well as the application feature (can make multiple applications for various roles). The help screen is fabulous!

Susan Shelton

Volgistics is the best volunteer management database that I've ever used!

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Our volunteers love it. Volgistics has all the features required to schedule, track and oommunicate with volunteers. Technical support is prompt and very helpful.I am a Volunteer Coordinator for a small non-profit with about 100 volunteers. My favorite thing about Volgistics is the ease of use and their technical support. The application is so intuitive, our volunteers can use it with almost no training - even the older volunteers who are not accustomed to using database applications. Our volunteers love that they can use Volgistics from their phone. The technical support team always responds within minutes. Their instructions are clear and thorough. I highly recommend Volgistics to other Volunteer Coordinators.

Alison Salutz

I have enjoyed working with Volgistics, it's user friendly and intuitively designed for scheduling

Reviewed 2018-01-09

The user experience is straightforward enough that I'm not worried when I send volunteers to the site to sign up for shifts. It's also handy to keep all my information in one place so that I can easily pull reports, and upload information that I need my volunteers to access.

Steven White

Volgistics customer support

Reviewed 2014-06-03

Volgistics is a company that provides software for managing groups of volunteers. It is a hosted application, which means that the data on volunteers is kept on Volgistics servers and is accessed by web browser. Fees are paid based on the number of volunteer records. We use them for managing two relatively small sets of volunteers (500 or so). A most amazing thing about their customer service is that if you have a question, you CAN'T call them and speak to anyone. BUT, you never have to. Their documentation is a collection of numbered articles, available on their web site, covering just about everything you could possibly want to do or know. It is complete, detailed, thorough, understandable, almost beyond description. If you have a support question, you make it by email, and what you usually get back, very promptly, is an answer that usually is a reference to one of their articles. If the article does not completely answer the question in a completely understandable way, you can ask a follow-up question and get a prompt clarification. But you don't often have to. Their documentation is so complete that for all one can tell their support staff is some guy with a laptop in a hammock by a beach somewhere, sending out documentation links in response to support questions. The documentation is so good, that's just about all it takes to do support. Anyone who ever has beaten his head on some computer program trying to figure out how to make it work will love Volgistics.

Valerie Masters

Reviewed 2019-02-08

The customer support has been wonderful! They respond very quickly and are very thorough. They provide steps on what I need to do as well! I probably could find some of these answers in help, but I tend to rely on customer support because they provide information so quickly and it is easy to understand so that I can take the information and apply it to what I need to do!Just about everything you need to do with volunteers is within this software program.

Karen Cirulli

This system is not user friendly, we genuinely gave this system a chance, it failed. Waist of time.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

The price point worked well for our organization. It has capacity to store a large number of volunteers.

Maureen Matta

Throughout our implementation and now support and maintenance Volgistics has been wonderful!

Reviewed 2018-06-09

The Volgistics team has always been responsive, friendly and knowledgeable. The software is easy to us and the help areas explain 90% of what we need to do.

Jen Sickinger

Volgistics is a LIFESAVER!

Reviewed 2013-06-21

I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs. After 6 months of reviewing volunteer management software, we made the leap and choice Volgistics. It have been the equivalant of adding a part time employee! The time I save entering volunteer applications and hours donated has allowed me to focus on the "bigger picture" growth of our food bank's volunteer program. Our volunteer program has grown 86% in the past 3 years and Volgistics has grown right along with us. The online tutorials and customer service has been amazing. Typically I can find an answer through their great help web pages but if not I can send my question via email and the response time is amazing, usually within a few mintues. We use VICNET and VICTOUCH and our volunteers consistenly commit on how easy it is to schedule and view hours. I HIGHLY recommend this program for all volunteer programs.

Daisy Betancourt

Pretty user friendly and does not take long to learn.

Reviewed 2018-05-07

I have no learned how to use a system that helps manage volunteers.One thing I like about this software is being ale to set up volunteer opportunities where volunteers can sign up themselves. Another great thing about this software is that each volunteer has access to his or her own volunteer schedule and can edit their schedule as needed.

Cristine Jones

Hats off to the Volgistics Team

Reviewed 2011-08-24

Love the programSt. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County has been blessed with the Volgistic Data System. I work part time making it almost impossible to run a program with 2000 volunteers. Thanks to the Volgistics services I am able to train volunteers, schedule their hours on line and keep track of which volunteers are at which sights, even when I am away at a conference. Volunteer team leaders have the access they need to run their programs effectively and every event has a clear outline and contact info. giving me more time to concentrate on our volunteers. I have worked for 8 years at SVDP and I feel confident that when I leave the SVDP Society of Marin County on August 27th, 2011 that, as result of having this program, St. Vincent de Paul Society will continue to thrive with the aid of the Vic Net and Vic Touch program. I would like to thank the Volgistics team for always answering my questions regarding your program in a timely effective manner.

Jared McCannell, CVA

I have used Volgistics at over 6 different agencies (private nonprofit and governmental).

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-05-01

Volgistics has helped me build lasting volunteer programs across the country over the last 10+ years. The ease of use is what I like most. Within moments of opening the app, you can navigate to wherever you need to be.

Karen Yates

Best Software Purchase Ever Made

Reviewed 2011-07-19

Recommend highly.I evaluated various Volunteer database management products several years ago before doing the free trial with Volgistics. Once I trialed it, I knew I found what I needed. The software is easy to learn - not only for myself and my staff but for the Volunteers that put hours in and input Volunteer information. There are many options that come with the software but also room for customizing so that it can meet whatever specific needs your organization has. The "Help" feature is extensive and in 3 years, I think I have only had to send them a question a few times. It is a hassle free software product - they back it up, they maintain it, they update it. I think the cost is more than reasonable and well worth it for having such an easy software to work with. I really cannot say enough good things about it. I have recommended Volgistics to the other hospitals in our corporation and anticipate them switching to Volgistics soon.

Joanna King

Overall good quality, but needs improvement.

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-09-15

Ability to track our volunteers!Easy to email and track all volunteer hours and store volunteer data for reporting purposes. Customer service is great at responding to questions, though it sometimes takes a little time for a response.