Volgistics Logo

Software for volunteer recruiting, tracking and coordination

Volgistics Reviews

Suggested alternatives

get-connected
connecteam
bitrix24

It is extremely user friendly and when you need help on how to set things up for your program they have a help desk feature that is worth its weight in gold.
The built in help is quite good, and the online help is fantastic. They turn around queries almost immediately, with very clear, detailed responses.
I have been super-satisfied with Volgistics - it covers all the bases and is extremely user friendly and the support staff is the best bar none. It's really intuitive and very clearly laid out.
After losing a significant amount of work, customer service did not offer any compensation and were quick to let me know how to close out my account.
The features didn't keep up with technology - lack of mobile functionality, poor use of texting, not very attractive.
And because you have to pay per volunteer, for a large organization that utilizes a lot of people, it's practically fiscally impossible to keep a running history of your volunteer program.

NS

Nusrat S.

Volunteer Program Manager

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Volgistics Review: Super helpful and very economical!

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Nusrat, I am a volunteer manager. I've worked at a nonprofit aquarium at a university,...

HP

Helen P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Volgistics - Just do it

Very good - what makes this volunteer management system really work is the customer service representatives and their willingness to answer questions thoroughly and in a timely manner.

Pros

The number of features that it has that allows my volunteers to self-schedule and print their own reports. The reports help with in-house data analysis for grant reporting requirements and administrative support. It cut down on the time I spent with volunteers by about 85 - 90%. During busy times of the year I could spend all day talking to volunteers, answering the same questions. Now I spend SIGNIFICANTLY less time doing that and can spend more time thanking our volunteers for their time and doing the other responsibilities of my job assignment. I like the comprehensiveness of the library.

Cons

Initially it was more cumbersome to set up than I expected. I am not a computer scientist so there was a bit of a learning curve. The customer service is AMAZING though, so it made it much easier. I usually hear back from folks in 5 minutes of sending an email with a quick solution to my problem.

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help make your job easier.

ES

Ellen S.

Airlines/Aviation,

Robust software for volunteer scheduling

Easy scheduling, instant response from customer support, good reporting, amazingly complete volunteer database with so many ways to enter data.

Pros

The volunteer interface with the software is so easy to use. A 10 minute demonstration and 98% of our volunteers are off and running. The support could not be better, within minutes you have an answer to your question, and if you don't look at it promptly, you receive an email saying it is there. Once you find your way around the reports, the reporting is very good. Schedule reminders are sent to all volunteers reminding them of their assignments which is awesome.

Cons

We run a neighbor to neighbor village and we would have liked a donor and member database. We have found a work-a-round for the members, although it means more data entry on our part. The reports are not always intuitive and it takes a while to get the data you want to see in the report.

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics is a good fit for you, and we appreciate your feedback on the reporting features.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Lacking Live Customer Service Support

Pros

I like that you can log in on-line and access your volunteer data from any computer. It's very user friendly.

Cons

I've had Volgistics since my previous workplace had to switch over from Volunteer Works when it became obsolete. I've worked with Volgistics for 15 years at two different organizations, but I am not a fan of the email-based customer support. I would much rather be able to speak with a live representative over the phone to accomplish what I need.

KP

Karen P.

Volgistics is My Connection to Volunteers and Staff

It has been wonderful. They are so responsive to questions and sharing upgrades. I am a part of a Volunteer Coordinators group in my county, and almost all of our organizations use Volgistics. Our county government even got it for their volunteer corps because of the positive experiences the rest of us have had. I wouldn't want to use any other volunteer software!!!!!

Pros

It is intuitive and user-friendly. I was able to navigate and explore when I started this job, and have found so many uses that have streamlined my job and provided other staff with helpful information/features that they can use as well. When I am asked for volunteer data for grants and other projects, I am able to quickly provide it, which I know is appreciated by our Garden team.

Cons

Switching volunteers from active to inactive in assignments has sometimes been problematic because it seems we lose the data for future reports. It may be that I'm going about it the wrong way; it's something I'm working on.

KB

Katia B.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Outstanding Support Service

My overall experience with Volgistics has been positive. I have not run into many issues with the software that could not be remedied. Any issues that I have needed help with, your incredible support staff have been able to assist every single time. I cannot say enough what a professional, kind, helpful team you have working there. I love that it is an actual person writing back to you and that they break down their answers so that everything is easy to understand. They also have always gotten back to me within a few minutes of every question submission I have had, which is incredibly convenient. Your company should be very proud to have such an awesome staff. Please thank them all again from me, I really appreciate just the genuine kindness they have shown me.

Pros

The Volgistics software is easy to navigate and makes scheduling for my volunteer ushers at our Theatre very easy.

Cons

One of my volunteers mentioned that they would appreciate being able to see WHO is signed up for our events, so that they will know who they are working with.

JL

Joe L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Best Volunteer Management Software

I have used this program at the last 3 non profits I have come into. I believe in the program because of all the benefits it offers. It truly helps maintain records, save time and is the best tool any volunteer manager can ask for!

Pros

This is the best software. They are low cost, offer great benefits and the programs does so much! I travel the country fixing volunteer programs, and have brought the volgistics program to the last 3 non profits who still use the software to this day. It tracks hours, checklists and trainings, allows for text alerts, builds schedules and much much much much (not a type) more. The program does so much to help volunteer departments fill the need of the organization. It truly is the Cadillac of volunteer programs and will do you great service.

Cons

To be honest, there truly are no cons to the program. You will LOVE Volgistics! It is an amazing program.

CD

Catherine D.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

The Volgistics Team

Volgistics helps me greatly to keep track of how many hours each of my volunteers have served and in what role they served them. I can easily look up their information for their phone numbers or email addresses and check the details of their volunteer interests and past work.

Pros

Volgistics is absolutely wonderful in creating a easy to understand form for new volunteers that we can incorporate directly into our website. Through that I can see all of the information I need about a volunteer and help keep track of their progress as they continue to volunteer.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing to make a change in the setup of what volunteers see or how things function. Whenever that has happened I just send a quick email to the Volgistics team and it's always answered within the hour (Less than 5 minutes sometimes!)

Thanks for the review! We're glad that Volgistics can help keep your volunteer data organized!

JM

James M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Volunteering at its best!

Overall we have been able to run our program more efficiently and with a better management system. We will continue to use and promote Volgistics to everyone that has a need!

Pros

Volgistics has been a great tool we use here at Pathways and I have personally used Volgistics at my previous organization. Some of the things we love about Volgistics is the ability to create our own look and feel in the management system and a linked application to the system. This tool has been a life saver for grants and volunteer hour tracking.

Cons

There has not been anything that I can say has been a con using Volgistics. We are 80% ran by volunteers and all our meals are donated by restaurants, being able to track all the volunteers and partners with our organization has been wonderful!!

Thank you for the review, James! We're glad that Volgistics is able to make your job a little bit easier.

ST

Shandran T.

Great Customer Service

We are able to run a myriad of reports with relative ease. It's easy to extract data from this database. Tech support and customer service is top rate!

Pros

Volgistics is easy to use, and to understand. The tech support is super efficient and genuinely helpful. Often, I receive step by step instructions to perform a task, if I've been unable to find it in the Help Topics.

Cons

Might be nice to have a tie in with background checks.

Thank you for the review! We're glad that Volgistics has been able to make your job easier. As for background checks, we partnered with Verified First last year, you can learn more at https://www.volgistics.com/background-screening.htm

Fishery, 1,001-5,000 employees

Supposedly the best - incredibly limited

Pros

Its relatively simple to use, but has not changed in 10+ years

Cons

There is no mobile app. There are no API's for integrating with other software packages. Reporting is limited. Hasn't been updated since I have been using it from 2006- 2018 when this review is being written.

JM

Janet M.

501-1,000 employees

Love, love, love Volgistics

Volgistics is fantastic for organizing my volunteer department. The scheduling feature alone is worth the price. Volunteers can actually schedule themselves so that I don't have to manage it. Configuring was easy, using it is pretty intuitive, and the email customer support is fabulous. No 800 number to call but I find they respond very quickly to emails.

Pros

The scheduling and timekeeping features. It's easy for volunteers to access the system. They have very little trouble except for the usual forgetting their passwords. But they can reset them. The only problems I have are with the older volunteers who just can't seem to grasp computers.

Cons

The reporting feature could use work. Since I don't understand the configuration of the database it is sometimes difficult to figure out which report I need to run. It has taken a lot of my time and sometimes the numbers don't make sense. They need to work on this feature.

AS

Alison S.

Great for Volunteer Management

I have not interacted with Volgistics Volunteer Management. The billing is automated monthly, and easy to manage.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of this software to manage my volunteers schedules. I can assign them to various roles once they have completed training and then they are able log-in and sign themselves up for their desired shifts. It makes my job a lot easier that they can schedule themselves.

Cons

The software doesn't allow for much customization, and on the administrator end there is a bit of a learning curve to understand the terminology, and how to set everything up.

JI

Janet I.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Volunteer Tracking and Trending

Great support team. Easy to work, and if you ever doubt your choice, there is a support team available at your finger tips.

Pros

Features and ease of use. It gives us everything we need to track our volunteers

Cons

None! Volgistics was a PERFECT fit for what we were looking for. Our hospital is part of a system, and other hospitals within our system are utilizing the same program!

Thank you for the review Janet! We're glad that Volgistics is working for you.

CS

Corinna S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Customer Service

Great to work with, easy to ask and receive information and solutions to questions and processes.

Pros

Ease of Use and great customer service. Quick reliable answers to any questions about products and processes.

Cons

That the mobile use of VicNet is not an APP on the iPhone or Android. I think a APP would be easier to use and display information better. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the review!

AS

Alison S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

I have enjoyed working with Volgistics, it's user friendly and intuitively designed for scheduling

Pros

The user experience is straightforward enough that I'm not worried when I send volunteers to the site to sign up for shifts. It's also handy to keep all my information in one place so that I can easily pull reports, and upload information that I need my volunteers to access.

Cons

I like that the software is internet based, but because all of the changes I have mistakenly deleted entire schedules, which was challenging to recreate. It'd be create if there was an undo button.

SW

Steven W.

Volgistics customer support

Volgistics is a company that provides software for managing groups of volunteers. It is a hosted application, which means that the data on volunteers is kept on Volgistics servers and is accessed by web browser. Fees are paid based on the number of volunteer records. We use them for managing two relatively small sets of volunteers (500 or so). A most amazing thing about their customer service is...

CG

Chris G.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

New Volunteer Director/New Software User

The response time is immediate. Nothing negative to say. The tutorials are always there and easy to follow.

Pros

I cannot say enough good about this company. I first heard of them at a Volunteer training. The price is amazing and the support I got for set-up and currently learning the system is phenomenal. It is easy to use. I cannot say enough about this software.

Cons

Integration was easy. They helped me step by step. The most difficult was getting my volunteers to understand the ease of the program. They are older and some were not willing to try. I just dove in and working as a wonderful, time-saving tool!

DB

Daisy B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Pretty user friendly and does not take long to learn.

I have no learned how to use a system that helps manage volunteers.

Pros

One thing I like about this software is being ale to set up volunteer opportunities where volunteers can sign up themselves. Another great thing about this software is that each volunteer has access to his or her own volunteer schedule and can edit their schedule as needed.

Cons

The least favorite this about this software is the inability to see all available volunteer opportunities at one time as a user. Through the admin side I could see everything at once but as a user I have to click on every single day in the calendar to see what volunteer opportunities are available.

EC

Elizabeth C.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Past its use by date

It was incredibility frustrating. Everyone was helpful but the system is so antiquated it felt like 1985,

Pros

The price was great for the number of volunteers.

Cons

There is no online support and it is not user friendly. We were told we could have two facilities on the same account but that was not good advice. Yes, it's possible but it requires a momentous amount of work. You can only include one logo. When I inquired they said if I could code html an additional separate photo could be added. Volgisitcs may have been state of the art when first introduced years ago but instead of keeping it up to date it has been kept on life support with tape and twine--electronically speaking. You have to plow through tons of videos and links to do simple actions. It is not adaptable for special event signups seeking new volunteers.

MC

Marion C.

Can't get much better. Absolutely fantastic!

Pros: Since it is based on numbers it is pretty much affordable for anyone. Despite the fact that it is designed mainly for ongoing volunteer programs rather than for special events it is still an incredible time saving tool. It will save me days of mind numbing repetitive data entries once I start scheduling for our festivals. Despite being extremely comprehensive and customizable, it is at the...

BH

Bud H.

New User

Made a matrix and evaluated five other vendors of volunteer management systems. Volgistics came out on top for our needs. Tested their response to help emails and they were exceptional in response time and content. Excellent help system in the application with videos and written content. This is not an easy system to setup initially, it has many options and fields to populate. But the explanations...

Volgistics for volunteers

Overall, I enjoyed using volgisitivs, it got the job done well!

Pros

I loved how customizable volgitics was when I was using this software. I could have multiple volunteer assignments open at the same time.

Cons

It was fairly difficult to learn volgisitcs when I first started using it / I had to contact customer support often.

CS

Clarence S.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

simply the best!!!!

Pros

I use Volgistics almost every day, its one of the best volunteer management system by far, I used to use other management systems which I found no joy, however this is a easy to use tool in getting voltmeters self scheduling this saves time and effort, you can also customer your program to the stuff you use instead of paying for unused service which I personally think its quiet great, a big thumbs up from me.

Cons

the mobile site part is very slow which needs some work i assume because of the size and the loading on our mobile maybe that could the reason.

KH

Kerrilee H.

Flexible, Powerful Software; Great Customer Service

Thank you, Volgistics team, for this amazing tool. It has helped transform our volunteer program in just a few short months from a ragtag bunch of teenagers that showed up whenever and for however long they felt like it, to a team that accomplishes project after project, and asks for more. I find myself wishing only that you made calendar/scheduling software for our staff, too, because I'm pretty sure it would beat the pants off our current system. As it is, we'll just continue being 100% pleased with Volgistics for our volunteers!

Pros

easy to learn comprehensive features to meet your needs powerful reporting & metrics customized user experience: use the features that are helpful to you, while unused features are unobtrusive quick and helpful feedback from customer service

Cons

None, really, that we've experienced.

MR

Megan R.

Libraries, 11-50 employees

Full Of Features, But Heavy On The Backend

In hindsight, we should have gone with a simpler program as we are a smaller organization and do not have dedicated staff to manage volunteers. However, for companies and organizations that are large and do have dedicated staff, this is an excellent volunteer management option!

Pros

This software is great for companies or organizations that have to manage a large number of volunteers. You can track and keep statistics on a wide variety of things. Also, the customer service is on-point and responds to questions very quickly!

Cons

This software can prove very difficult to set up, especially if you do not need to track nearly everything that is possible in the platform. It can seem daunting and overwhelming.