Wagepoint Logo

Wagepoint

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews - Page 3

easy to use. but limited functionality.

the manual calculations to enter hours worked on a holiday is very time consuming and creates room for error. if a pay type is set up on the backend (ie holiday pay @ 1.5 regular pay), there should be the ability to just enter these hours into the paygrid and it be automatically calculated (like overtime hours are).

Pros

straight forward. simple platform.

Cons

limited functionality.

Simple and Effective, Exactly what you need from a Payroll System

Pros

I like that it takes care of everything for me, remittances to CRA, vacation, ROE, even covers contractor payment (including generating the contractor tax forms). I looked at other payroll solutions but they came up short in one way or another. I was completely new to Payroll, and every time I called, I was able to reach someone knowledgable who guided me at every step of the way. I've already recommended Wagepoint to 3 other founders. There's a lot to do as a startup founder, so it's nice that Wagepoint takes care of a lot of the complexity around Payroll.

Cons

I think they could add more features; like managing team schedules, vacation, feedback, etc. I believe they are working on some of these features already. Those would be nice for them to have as optional add-ons.

Tremendous Support Team

Pros

The ease of use cannot be overstated. The interface is clean, uncluttered and intuitive - and the support team is incredibly responsive! Anyone who processes payroll understands that things come up last minute. Wagepoint support is always reactive, but if something is marked URGENT they are on it even faster. I can't express my appreciation enough. They always come through for me.

Cons

The tax calculation on bonuses or retro pay has got to be my biggest complaint. Wagepoint routinely over taxes large sums. I work around this by adding a negative 'additional' tax amount for that particular pay period and then remove the adjustment for the next pay run. It's not perfect... but at least large bonuses and retroactive payments don't happen all the time.

Amazing product!

Wagepoint has made payroll so much simpler for me to manage. From payments to collecting/submitting payroll tax, creating T4's and easy access to paystubs - this has been a game changer! When I have questions I get responses quickly with detailed information on how to solve a problem. I'm super impressed.

Pros

Easy to use and saves me so much time! This one purchase has simplified the whole payroll process for our company.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at all about the software or service.

Super Convenient

Pros

The user interface is simply laid out and very easy to use. All of my records are easily accessible any time. I like not having to get an actual paper pay stub every two weeks.

Cons

No issues, so far. I can't even make something up, as the product has served my needs very well!

Wagepoint

The most important that this app does what it was created for. Not all products actually deliver what was promised. No more headache with payroll. Great customer support helps you to stay on top.

Pros

It's simple. Simple to set up, start using. It took us quite a lot of time each month to deal with payroll. So far, happy with the solution Wagepoint product provides.

Cons

Happy with the product. I could probably benefit from a few more integrations.

A cost effective way to run payroll

We are able to pay our employees and independent contractors within a few minutes.

Pros

Once set up, it takes just a few minutes to run payroll. The provide reminders and updates when there are holidays. It generates the W2 and 1099 but we are still responsible for mailing to employees.

Cons

It was a pain to set up. The paystubs and some of the reports are buried in the software that requires clicking on different tabs to try and find what you are looking for.

Classic example of a tech business trying to cut corners

Theres a "we don't really care, we just want to make money" vibe around this business.

Pros

Nothing. This software looks nice, but the back of house is a poorly designed, and the customer support system is very challenging to navigate.

Cons

Wagepoint was integrated with Quickbooks. It was very difficult to make changes to any payroll. At the end of November 2020, QBs and Wagepoint separated. I spent DAYS attempting to navigate the changes. I would consider myself very tech capable, i followed all there instructions, but at every turn there was an issue, or a warning message, or a "its us, not you" note. It's now been a week, i still haven't...

Overall Wagepoint customer service has been top notch!

Pros

The software is easy to use, but having someone as knowledgeable and approachable as Darlene supporting it makes all of the difference. Of all of our Firm's vendors, I know I can count on Wagepoint support/Darlene to quickly and painlessly help us solve our issues.

Cons

Wagepoint needs to add an automatic e-mail function that advises the user they have successfully submitted payroll (yes, there is a screen that appears immediately after submission, but it would be better if there was an e-mail for my records confirming that you have received my request to process payroll).

Hi Chris, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us :) A confirmation email is a great idea, and it should be fairly straightforward to implement. I'll be sure to pass this along to our dev team. Regards, Leena

Easiest system I've used to date!

Pros

Set up is super super easy. Like all new products, I thought it might be difficult but this did not disappoint.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say. It's new for us and customer service has truly been excellent at helping us work through kinks

Hi Nicole, Thank you for the kind feedback, and we're happy to hear that you are having a great experience so far. If there's anything we can do to help, please feel free to reach out anytime. Regards, Leena

The easiest way to do payroll so far.

Simplest way to run payroll for a startup so far. Intuitive interface, responsive support. This is the second company I am using Wagepoint with so far.

Change how you see Payroll

Pros

Wagepoint is amazing, the software is taking care of everything and you just have to adjust for non-recurring payments. They take care of holidays, taxes, government remittance. It is really amazing.

Cons

For some type of unusual request or action you can't do it on directly through the website and you have to call the CS to take care of it. But their CS is good and answer very quickly.

Good Tool for for the Wage Calculation - Simplicity at its best

Good, Simple and User friendly but can be best if having some more features. :)

Pros

- Simple to Use - Simple to Understand - Easy UI for the End Users - Makes you happy on the Payday :)

Cons

- It should have some kind of Graph or Chart to show people the Actual Growth - There must be the comparison tool to see ups and Downs - Need to embedded with the Software's like Time in / Time out Machine for Automation

Wagepoint Payroll Service

Software is very easy to use and the staff are exceptional. Love the responsiveness and the friendliness. It is really nice not to feel stupid when you ask a question. Love the notices and reminders - life is busy and I am glad they are looking after things.

Pros

It is intuitive. You can change things often and see the results without having to confirm and panic that you did it wrong.

Cons

Haven't experienced any yet.

Wagepoint payroll is wonderful

Pros

Payroll with wagepoint is easy to do. Compared to other softwares, Wagepoint removes the headaches from doing payroll. Wagepoint has a wonderful support team and they are extremely helpful. I would recommend everyone to try out Wagepoint if they are on the fence about using it.

Cons

Wagepoint has some minor hiccups when in use. Although, I haven't encountered any severe issues.

Easy to use software , great support and customer service.

i am tech and payroll illiterate. This software is easy to use and offers great support within the software and from the company.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, low cost.

Cons

N/A

Great value

Much easier to use than ADP, my questions are usually answered in the FAQs, I really liked how someone reached out to us when we reached the exemption for EHT, overall a great tool!

Pros

Support is great and thorough, makes payroll pretty easy, easy to onboard employee, love bank confirmation just ensures the numbers are right, accommodates Canadian payroll pretty well which is not always the case with softwares

Cons

Exporting to Xero has messed up a few times, sometimes payroll freezes as it's processing especially when adding additional income types.

Juniper Cafe & Bistro

I've had experience with this type of software in a corporate world for 17 years, and when I opened my own business it was great to set up with a program that is intuitive and user friendly and helps me manage the business!

Pros

It's easy to use, gives me all the information I need and it's well organized.

Cons

I haven't yet encountered anything I don't like!

New Wagepoint Customer

1. I’ve owned and managed 2 small businesses for over 10 years now. I’ve processed my payroll without issue for all 10 years. When Xero insisted that we select a payroll provider I evaluated the options and selected WagePoint. The sales team was responsive and scheduled an initial onboarding call with me promptly. We initially had some issues with the integration but were able to work things out. I also had an issue with the midyear taxes and returns but the team was very responsive. Overall I’m pleased with my choice.

Pros

easy to navigate - reports are straightforward. Tax reporting appears to be set up and operational.

Cons

Very difficult to access a real human after onboarding. I wish we had more help mapping accounts between Xero and Wagepoint. They outsource the tax reporting so lead time is longer than other options.

My experience has been great. Quick responses to my questions

Proper and timely payroll. I plug in the hours and the software does the work

Pros

That the software is very User friendly. Every component is straight forward, no guess work involved. I love the promptness of customer service whenever I have questions

Cons

Hi Genice, Thank you for your kind feedback, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share this review. We will do our best to continue providing the level of service that you have come to expect from us. Cheers, Leena

CanSafe Review

Love it and support has been very good

Pros

Easy to use. and easy to train other users

Cons

Re-entering info each pay. Would be nice if it saved data

Amazingly easy to use and fantastic customer service!

Easy to use and setup the payroll for our company so it will be able to grow with us.

Pros

The software was very easy to use and the customer service was fantastic. Thanks to my Customer Success Manager, who provided a great customer service experience. With her help and guidance I was able to set up the system, add my employees and get started within a couple of hours. This system is easy to use and essentially follows a step by step process that guides you to complete your payroll. Easy to access reports and very simple to set up the portal for our employees to get their stubs.

Cons

There could be some better how to information on site and if all types of income being paid could be visible at the same time on the data entry page would be good.

Very satisfied with the service

Pros

Costumer service is quick Installation was easy Front-end very user-friendly

Cons

Not available in French. Can't find anything else at the moment.

Hi Marie-Eve, Thank you for the constructive and enthusiastic review. All the best, Michelle

Amazing Customer Service. Easy Functionality

Pros

The ease of use of the product and the customer service is amazing.

Cons

The lack of reports. Would like to be able to customize reports. Run reports on individual employees and annual reports.

Great service! Even better customer service!

Saving time on doing payroll!

Pros

It is easy to Easy! It is really quick to run payroll!

Cons

I haven't ran into any cons yet! Its been a great program!