Wagepoint Reviews

Simple, Fast and Friendly Online Payroll Software

Great so far!

Pros

It's been a year since we came onboard and we couldn't be happier with the product and the level of customer service their team provides. We used ADP prior to Wagepoint and running each payroll was just dreadful. Wagepoint is superior to ADP and running payroll with Wagepoint is really simple and smooth. We are glad that we made the switch a year ago.

Cons

No major downside, their price is on point.

Wagepoint to the rescue....

"Thank You" for such a great payroll program. I was audited last week by the state tax department of WV and everything was perfect. I was able to go onto the Wagepoint website and pull off all the documents that the auditor had requested. I overpaid $173, but that was paid in by me, (my fault), before I switched to WagePoint. Thought you might like to know that it was a great audit and I was of course a happy camper. Your customer service people are also great to work with and they return phone calls very promptly. Super happy that I switched over to WagePoint, it is saving me hundreds of dollars a year compared to my old payroll system.

Pros

You can put it on auto pilot and it makes payroll life easier. It only takes me 5 minutes or less to do the payroll.

Cons

nothing I can think of...

Love Wagepoint, makes my life so much easier!

I don't often write reviews but this software makes my life so much easier and they have the best customer service ever. We run a software company and they model the type of customer service every company should offer. They respond to our questions right away and go above and beyond. They are also readily accessible via telephone, any time. Even during 'off' hours, we'll get a response.

Cons

Hi Popy, Thank you for being so awesome :) Customers like you make all the difference, and we wouldn't have made it as far as we have without your support. If you need anything at all, you know where to find me :) Cheers, Leena

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that I don't like.

Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for your review. Please let us know if you have any feedback in the future. We're always looking for ways to improve our software to make it more user-friendly for our customers. :) Thanks again! Erika

Amazing Full Features Automatic Payroll!

It's been excellent and I hope to stay with them for years. I'm able to run my business without worrying about the headache of payroll.

Pros

I decided on this product just for the automatic tax filing of the 1099s/W2s and quarterly reports on my behalf. Anything to help save me time from doing any tax work is fully appreciated. The website actually goes well above and beyond with the free reports you're able to generate for your needs, the flexibility of modifying payments and running one time payments, it's so fully featured I'm amazed at how it's able to stay so cheap and offer so much.

Cons

If I had to name one thing it would be the lack of easy documentation for doing more complex payroll activities, such as garnishing an employee for child support but a simple email to their support email and I got my answer.

Good software for payroll and pay stub management

I use Wagepoint once a month to access my pay stubs to do my personal finance management. It does the job, but could have a better UX and more advanced features.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access my pay stubs from my computer or mobile device in a few clicks. This software is simple and straightforward, however it's missing some features and could have a better user experience.

Cons

The user experience is definitely outdated. It's not super intuitive to navigate the tool to find what you need. Also, this software doesn't provide a high degree of customized searches or filtering. There could be more formats options for file download as well.

A Game Changer

We became wagepoint customers when I discovered I have no gift for running payroll and figuring out the various taxes my company is subject to. Wagepoint saved our bacon! Good folks with an incredibly easy product.

Pros

Super easy to use, superb customer service.

Cons

I've never had a problem since we've switched to Wagepoint.

Hi Jeff, I know you hear this a lot from our team, but we think you're pretty amazing yourself :) Thanks for all your support, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us at anytime. Cheers, Leena

reliable, trustworthy

Pros

It works well and has been proven to be very very very reliable most of the time. I am just trying to reach 50 characters by now, I don't run the system I just receive payment from you

Cons

It has screwed up a couple times on late payments but very infrequent. Seems to work most of the time when it should

Startup using Wagepoint for over 2 years

We were looking for a platform to automate our payroll processing. Wagepoint proved not only to fulfill our processing requirements, but its quick response on all our questions impressed us.

Pros

Wagepoint is simple to use, does not require deep knowledge of the payroll calculation. Great support, all features required for processing our payroll.

Ode to Joy

Ideal for small business; cost effective, easy to use, intuitive navigation, does not require any payroll experience, employee new hire and termination process is simplified, data entry is seamless, able to have hourly and salary employees on same account. Staff assisted with the initial set up to ensure I would have the right withholding, IRS and state document.

Pros

So easy. Almost too easy. I run payroll in less than 5 minutes. Entering employees is super easy. Intuitive navigation without a lot of excess fluff.

Cons

NA

Payroll support

We had an issue with the processing date for payroll this week. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team were fantastic helping us ensure the payroll went through on the correct date. It involved instructions and confirmations for a wire transfer, and they helped us through every step of the way, making sure we made the deadline to process.

Pros

The support team is always very helpful, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

Had some issue's last year with the end of the year processing T4's, an error in the software on Wagepoint side caused them to be closed early and we ended up having to do them by hand, as they could not fix the error.

USER-FRIENDLY

I went from an absolute nightmare with ADP payroll and then was introduced to wagepoint software. The customer service and user-friendly program online was just what my company needed. Customer service is on standby to assist you with any questions or concerns that you might have and they are there to walk you through any obstacle. This payroll program has made my work load more manageable and I'm very pleased with my decision to switch to this company.

Pros

Do it yourself Quick and simple I really like when they send you reminders through email to process your payroll because some times running business can be over whelming so it's nice to have someone by your side

Simplicity

Pros

I like that the software is User friendly software. The simplicity of the software makes payroll a cinch.

Cons

What I like least about the software is not being able to contact a person directly. Every business should give the customer an opportunity to speak directly to a person.

Hi Genice, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, at our current size, we don't have the ability to provide dedicated phone support. We have an answering service in place that ensures all customer calls are picked up and converted into support tickets. That said, as our company grows, we will continue to focus on how we can improve the customer experience. Regards, Leena

Wagepoint makes Payroll simple!

From the moment I took part in the walk through of Wagepoint with Troy, I knew this software would benefit us. The software seemed extremely user friendly and I was anxious to test it. Once I began using the software, it exceeded all expectation. Wagepoint has helped turn the dreaded task of payroll, into something I enjoy doing.

Pros

- Ease of use - Reporting features - Time saved when completing payroll

Cons

No cons that I can think of yet.

Lack of Response Regarding Quarterly Unemployment Tax Payment

Has been satisfactory until this matter came up. Now we have not received return calls, responses to emails nor have we been able to speak with a live person who can assist. We have been advised there is no other way to reach out directly to a person. We have been in touch with the State department employee for nearly 2 weeks who advised us today that she has not heard from anyone at WagePoint regarding...

Pros

Ease of use, perfect for small to medium size companies. Fit our needs initially.

Cons

The lack of accurate and timely updates on a critical matter that could result in a levy to our property due to late payment of payroll taxes by WagePoint!

Wagepoint

Overall I have had a great experience with Wagepoint. They have always answered all my questions and helped me with the tricky issues that pop up now and then.

Pros

Wagepoint was easy to implement and use and it's still there waiting for me when I need it.

Cons

It seemed a bit pricy at first, but the ease of use and quick access to customer service made it worth it.

We ¿¿that we can be here for you! Glad to have you as a customer.

Amazing support

I love a company who offers excellent customer support, and I have never been let down by Wagepoint. They have always found solutions to my problems, in a friendly and efficient manner. Love this product

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy to use and clear.

Cons

Some of the language, holiday vs vacation etc.

Makes things really easy

We've switched over to Wagepoint this year and are very happy with the service. The platform seems to be missing some features that the dev teams are adding, but the bulk of the system is there already. Customer support is top notch and fees are affordable. Really looking forward to seeing how it matures.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to setup, makes payroll painless and offers features that are quite useful (reverse net salary calculators, things like that)

Cons

It is missing some accounting features that would be extremely helpful for small businesses moving to their platform. Things like tracking banked vacation (and how much has been spent to date) on salary wages, and a wizard for configuring year-to-date amounts when migrating from another payroll system in the middle of a year. You can do these things but it requires correspondence with customer support to have them manually fix them for you. I am told that their dev team is working on solutions already though, so pretty soon we should have this functionality.

My favorite payroll service provider.

I have used several payroll providers, and so far, Wagepoint is the best. The user interface is extremely user friendly, and training my clients to process their own payroll is a breeze. The customer service too is amazing. Each time I have a question and I email support, someone gets back to me almost immediately.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see monthly DAS remittances made to the CRA & Revenu Quebec. Right now, I see a report which shows CRA amount payable per payroll, but it would be nice to see per remittance. Would also be nice to see the Quebec remittances.

These guys rock.

I've never had better customer service than I have with Wagepoint. I can do everything online and when I do have a question, these guys have gotten back to me with an answer literally within 10-15 minutes.

Pros

The incredible responsiveness of the customer support team.

Cons

I've yet to find a downside...truly!

A Great Job Wagepoint

I use Wagepoint for our payroll. Our company is small. I the program every two weeks and I find it very user friendly. I do have to update or add employees and again it is very easy to do.

Cons

Hi Paula, Thank you for your kind words - we really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback :) If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to contact us at support@wagepoint.com at anytime. We're always happy to help! Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Great payroll service for start-ups and small business

My company has been with Wagepoint since early 2015, and I've had a good experience with them so far. On the rare times when there was an issue that needed attention, their customer support was very responsive.

Pros

Wagepoint's pricing model is very attractive for new businesses such as technology start-ups. The set up process is very streamlined and can be done mostly online. Also, the web site interface for processing payroll is extremely easy to use. Completing a payroll run takes me less than 5 minutes on average.

Cons

Wagepoint hasn't been around as long as the major players in the payroll processing industry, so their offering isn't as extensive as the large payroll services. But they are a solid choice for small to medium sized businesses.

Small Business Operator

I manage a lot of small business as a consultant and I always set my client up on Wagepoint for their payroll needs. I find it easy to use, easy to setup and the automatic payroll feature allows me not to worry that the employees are being paid on time.

Cons

Amazing experience - great experience for mgm't and employees!

- simple, quick, easy to use - great "bang for your buck"

Pros

- simple, straight-forward, easy to use - clean interface - easy for employees to login and see paystubs/pay history & change banking info

Cons

- no user levels - either employee or admin, without any options in between to enable "approval flows", etc.

Simple and Effective, Exactly what you need from a Payroll System

Pros

I like that it takes care of everything for me, remittances to CRA, vacation, ROE, even covers contractor payment (including generating the contractor tax forms). I looked at other payroll solutions but they came up short in one way or another. I was completely new to Payroll, and every time I called, I was able to reach someone knowledgable who guided me at every step of the way. I've already recommended Wagepoint to 3 other founders. There's a lot to do as a startup founder, so it's nice that Wagepoint takes care of a lot of the complexity around Payroll.

Cons

I think they could add more features; like managing team schedules, vacation, feedback, etc. I believe they are working on some of these features already. Those would be nice for them to have as optional add-ons.