DELMIAworks Reviews

Pros

Great integration between manufacturing and accounting modules. The software allows administrators to grant security permissions on a field level which is very helpful.

KD

Kimberly D.

My experience from this software is nothing but good. It is so easy to use and user friendly that anyone can learn how to use it.

ML

MARLENE L.

The flow and ease of using it. I feel it's very user friendly and easy to navigate through it.

DO

Danielle O.

Cons

The multi language (french) is very poorly done. It is an expensive addition that is difficult to use at the same time as the english version as updates are not done at the same time.

WN

WILLIAM N.

There's no time or money wasted on customization because you're not given the source code. In other words, it's basically off the shelf.

TL

Ted L.

Accounting is very confusing. Everytime an update is done, it has a lot of bugs and undo some of the fixes from previous versions.

JN

JAGDEEP N.

Over six years of experience with EIQ. Very happy with modules and support services.

Very easy to integrate as a single source solution to our business units.

Pros

A wide range of modules supporting all of our business functions. Reliable front end (not many crashes at all). Solidly designed back end (tables, queries, indexes).

Cons

The user interface is due for an update (supposed to be here in 2016 but due for public release shortly as I type...glad they are taking their time to test).

IQMS ERP System

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with IQMS as it helps drive the company's workflows for manufacturing.

Pros

I chose IQMS over other ERP Systems because it brought together all the company's functional areas into a single platform (Manufacturing, Finance, Quality). I also liked it was a single company with a single tech support number to deal with.

Cons

The implementation was a big project.... I wish I had been slightly more involved to prevent headaches down the road.

Good and bad experiences, hoping for improvements

This is the second company I've worked for that is using EnterpriseIQ and despite the issues, I'm glad we have it and enjoy working with it and with IQMS. It's very impressive how many things it can do all under one database and one login. It makes a lot of sense for small manufacturers with limited IT support. I have high hopes that the software will continue to improve and would recommend it to others with caveats. Choosing an ERP/MRP system is a huge decision and I would recommend going well beyond the sales pitches and brochures to make your decision. Visit other customers and speak to actual users with manufacturing requirements similar to yours, if you can.

Pros

As an IT Administrator who does my best to help my company utilize the software, I can say that I actually enjoy working with the software, learning about it, and customizing it. I enjoy designing Crystal Reports, utilizing the built-in customization features like user fields and user-defined forms, and figuring out how to use and customize the various modules of the software to meet my company's unique needs.

Cons

I'd say my biggest complaint with the software is the lack of refinement. There are too many basic canned reports that were designed a decade ago seemingly only placed into the software as placeholders without much thought into what would actually be a useful report to each module. There are lots of features that seem thrown in to meet specific customer requests without enough strategic thought into...

IQMS

Compared with other ERP systems, it doesn't require the backend support that many competitors require. IQMS runs on an average server with out a lot of customization costs and high end hardware.

Pros

Fairly intuitive. Most areas are quick to use without a deep dive. Depending on your view one of the benefits is that you can jump from module to module via right click. Multiple ways to reach the same information.

Cons

Reporting is a little cumbersome unless you are well versed in Crystal Reporting or have the lead time to have a custom report built.

IQMS Review

Pros

The software is huge and more customizable to our particular business model than competitors.

Cons

The system is huge, and it is impossible to learn it without ongoing training. Support is really a sales team for training, and consistently pushes customers in need of assistance to purchase training, in lieu of actually providing support.

reviewq

the company was recently purchased so not sure how that will impact things overall. There support system and folks are very helpful.

Pros

the GUI - user interface. Smartpage. CRM

Cons

their update process. updates nearly always break functioning portions of the software. the accounting aspects. many "feature" processes don't post to correct accounting GL's in the backend. Way too expensive. KPIs and such never worked well. Webdirect never worked.

IQMS Review

Overall, we are happy with IQMS. We are a plastic injection molding company and we use the system from quote to cash. It is our central point of information and connectivity between departments. We are intending to expand our usage of the system in the future by adding other modules. Our reporting capabilities are significantly increased through the usage of this system as well. We use the IQAlert and IQVoice systems on a daily basis to stay ahead of issues and report problems immediately to the manufacturing floor. RealTime screens are running throughout the plant so we have an instant visual on how the day is going. Overall, this has been a great benefit to our company and has helped us grow our business.

Pros

The Real time access to information is my favorite thing about this software. We use the modules to connect to the machines and this information drives many of our decisions. The system has a great deal of functionality, and I know we are not utilizing it to its fullest. It has helped us as we are growing as a manufacturing company.

Cons

I do not like having to upgrade to a whole new version when we need to make a change. It would be nice if we could simply update with a patch. It takes a long time to get a solution to a system issue and we are often making work arounds. I know they are beginning to offer web-based solutions that will probably largely eliminate this issue. (Although, development and corrections will still take time I'm sure). Also, I feel as though the customer service has gone down since we began with them in 2011. I tend to only call support when I'm really stuck with an issue. More often then not, I'm directed to help pages that I've already read and still didn't resolve my issue.

Delmiaworks is great for real-time production monitoring

The overall experience with DELMIAworks has been alright, I feel like IQMS has lost a bit of brand identity with the merger and makes it harder to network with other users. The software has been helping our company make some major improvements over the past year, hope to see the future products continue pushing us in the correct direction.

Pros

Our company enjoys the real-time production monitoring, inventory management and sales order generation.

Cons

On the current version we have the accounting side was a process to develop in order to make out perpetual GL balance to the GL without a massive sync up entry. We had some great support over the past few years helping us improve, but this still need massaged and managed daily. Hoping the new version with IACJ will become a little less labor intensive and we can free up some costly labor running daily transactions.

Blown Extrusion Film Manufacturer

It was acceptable. We had multiple IQMS implementation individuals on site during implementation due to their employee turnover - first change was at our request - employee was not knowledgeable.

Pros

Ease of use for new users and the ability to "jump" from one module to another - in multiple areas of the software.

Cons

Lack of experienced team for implementation and support. The software is not written for blown extrusion but has been somewhat adapted.

Using IQ since 2009

Saving time since IQ is taking care of mostly everything

Pros

It includes everything from order entry, inventory, machine scheduling to accounting

Cons

Version 16 has a lot of problems still unsolved

No More External Spreadsheets

If we had not implemented three years ago, we would have been up a creek without a paddle. It is truly an end to end solution and with so many packages to add on to the core, it will be able to grow with us into the future.

Pros

This system goes from quote to customer right through sales, purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality control, material review board, non-conformance, returns. HR modules and document control are available. Warehouse and distribution allowing for scanners and barcoding. Many many add on's within the same software company - as well as the ability to go outside the core and get third party...

Cons

Because of its overwhelming ability to do almost anything, sometimes you are disappointed by some small things it cannot do. Sometimes you have to go through a couple of people to find the best solution to your problems in support, but generally they get you the answers in a timely manner.

Very please with IQMS ERP software

We feel that IQMS really had helped us grow, even without huge capital expenditures. We feel that it has made us more efficient, which has allowed us to increase sales without adding extra capacity. It also allowed us to decrease lead times with much better inventory controls and scheduling improvements.

Pros

We selected IQMS to give us one central database across all plant functions. Apple Rubber is both a Manufacture and Distributor. Therefore we needed to monitor and control inventory levels and also manufacturing of the product. IQMS WMS gave full warehouse control of inventory. Improving both inventory count and placement accuracy. IQMS Realtime allowed everyone to see what the MFG plant is doing...

Cons

We are collecting a lot more data, so being on the system since 2007 our database has grown. We do need to come up with a way to better achieve or strip data that is not required. Large tables will slow SQL scripts, especially for remote users.

IQMS can be a powerful tool for maintaining the information and processes that drive a business, but a firm's experience with IQMS is highly dependent upon the quality of the firm's employees and business practices before adopting IQMS.

IQMS might benefit from better scaling on their pricing to encourage deeper adoption of the software. The more heavily integrated a business is with IQMS, the less likely that business is to switch to using a competing software solution.

Pros

The features that IQMS has are all fairly well developed and mature. Support staff can be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. There are a wide array of software modules with highly configurable settings to cover most production situations for a diverse array of firms.

Cons

IQMS implementation specialists can leave a lot to be desired. Many essential features of our install were never configured or were configured incorrectly. To that extent IQMS is highly reliant on companies having individuals with high aptitudes for trouble shooting and problem solving. If your company has this sort of talent, it can be an incredibly helpful software suite. Without that baseline expertise...

ERP For The Small Injection Molder

The feeling within our company is very positive regarding EnterpriseIQ. It is a package that appears to have been essentially co-developed by plastics processors through customer feedback. With that, it has been a great tool to streamline our operation. This, being like many other things, you will get out of it what you put into it. We are a small company with many of us wearing many proverbial hats. Consequently, none of us are dedicated toward ERP utilization / improvement. With that and as expected, expanded use of the software is coming around at a slower pace. I have no regrets in having recommended the purchase of Enterprise IQ. If I knew then what I know know about the software, I would make the same purchase decision.

Pros

A 'One Stop Shop' for just about any need for which a database is applicable within the plastic injection molding industry. Having used separate application software programs prior to IQMS, integration has been a huge benefit and future integration is still an opprortunity. Although I have only monitored it up to this point, the level of information shared by the User Group is amazing. IQMS Staff,...

Cons

While Tech Support is responsive and interaction is positive, the need to coordinate a time to "remote in" is not always convenient and sometimes discouraged me from calling or emailing. While Securities are very powerful and flexible, it seems there is complexity that comes with that power. Mastering securities is not something that appears to be intuitive or quickly/easily learned. Given the power and potential flexibility of the software, it does require a resource dedicated (at least to some degree) in order to tap into that power and expand use into it's many features. Cost as well as internal resources have prevented us from seriously considering additional modules and/or consulting visits from IQMS implementation specialists to improve utilization.

ERP in a high mix, low volume environment

Pros

I have been using IQMS for about 6 years now. I love the extensibility of the software. Most ERP systems have the ability to be a good fit for most of your business. The real key to success is how well they allow you to tweak and extend the software to meet your unique business requirements. IQMS excels at this. With user defined forms and reports, customizable alerts to monitor system changes,...

Cons

Enterprise IQ was initially designed for the plastics industry. Over the years, IQMS has worked hard to add additional features for non-plastics industries, but we still run into occasions where this initial usage interferes with the way we look at manufacturing. We build very complex BOMs (hundreds of parts in dozens of sub-assemblies across up to 5 or 6 levels), and we struggle at times to manage these complex BOMs. Fortunately, the extensibility allows us to create some additional tools to fill in the gaps.

If users are prepared to put in the upfront work into IQMS it will be a great asset to your business

Pros

The depth and breadth of the program is impressive. I like the flexibly of use from a small section of manufacturing process, to using it fully from quoting, production and quality testing. Consistency but continued expansion of the IQMS program is appreciated (I am a user since 2004). Help desk can be very responsive when it comes to problems/questions arising. If it is a major problem they will `take you by the hand solve it with you. With the interface I appreciate the ability to jump from window to window to window. I also appreciate it is a multi-window program.

Cons

The structure of the database not being directly linked to the naming scheme of the interface can be frustrating when creating reports or finding problems. The structure of security section is hard to manage (groups and sections instead of individual profiles and direct security approvals). Not being able to easily substitute alternative items in the BOMs/Work orders can be a hindrance to accurate consumption. Also the structure of the consumption can be awkward. If a change is needed to the program a committee gathers once a year to vote on the focus of the upgrades and improvements, is the process to update errors to the computer system, instead of a more instant solution (though if it is obvious they will fix it sooner).

IQMS ERP Review

We are very satisfied with our decision to implement IQ. After an intense benchmarking/evaluation process, IQ finished far above other options. We implemented all mission critical business processes in a very short 5 months given the number of data bases we were using to run our business. I frequently remark that there are 2 or 3 ways to accomplish a task/objective utilizing IQ and our responsibility...

Pros

IQ is a feature rich/constantly evolving ERP system-handling mission critical/multi-plant business processes, eliminating multiple points of data entry and the associated errors IQAlert e-mailed exception reports-employees can focus on meeting customer needs EDI is fully integrated, not a third party solution-allowing us to work as part of a team with IQ and our customers to improve performance...

Cons

Employees that are not fully engaged sometimes have difficulty understanding and/or utilizing the efficiencies inherent in IQ. However, several cost and time effective training options are available that range from learning basic navigation/software capability skills thru expanding knowledge of application specific IQ functionality. Security Administration can be fairly complex and cumbersome to maintain, especially after software updates although there has been recent improvement in this area.

EnterpriseIQ - The Intelligent Choice

I can only speak from the perspective of injection molding, but we have found EnterpriseIQ to be a very good fit for our business. It is very strong in Scheduling, Quality, CRM, Real-Time Press Monitoring, Warehouse/Inventory Management, and Asset Management, as well as the core ERP functions (AR, AP, etc.) (We do not run EDI so I can't comment). NBP is running far more efficiently now than before we implemented IQ. We painstakingly evaluated many software packages prior to making our selection, and we are glad that we chose EnterpriseIQ. I recommend it wholeheartedly. EnterpriseIQ is the intelligent choice.

Pros

EnterpriseIQ is a very comprehensive and robust ERP system. We were able to consolidate our old ERP and several independent, and often redundant databases, spreadsheets and other systems into one central application. In general, the system is reliable and easy to maintain. Support is good, readily available, and domestic. No pressing (1) for English. IQMS as a company seems to value its customers,...

Cons

In the grand scheme of things, relative to other ERP systems, there are few drawbacks to IQMS, and no showstoppers for NBP. Occasionally the MRP engine creates a work order that doesn't seem to have any demand, so sometimes I have to evaluate the need for an order manually to be sure. Security/permissions for the system is a bit cumbersome at times, but IQMS has improved that recently and continues to work on it. Alerts seems to be a bit unstable. I don't know if that is a widespread issue or unique to us, but I frequently have to restart the app. We have not been able to get IQ to fit our needs for quoting, but in all fairness our system is fairly elaborate. We also found the Workforce module to be weak.

EnterpriseIQ Recommendation

I cannot speak to IQMSs functionality outside of my industry (we are custom injection molding) as I know that they have branched into other types of molding as well as discrete manufacturing. I can, however, attest that the system fits injection molding like a glove. If you are looking to replace your current ERP system, I would strongly recommend that you consider IQMSs EnterpriseIQ .

Pros

Purchased Dec, 2003, went live 05/2004 , replaced 4 separate DB's with 1 intregrated system, and added QA & maint tracking systems. No finger pointing, replacing stand-alone systems with one is a huge PRO in my mind. I was leery about EDI, much to my delight integration is outstanding. Front loads are visible in the schedule right away, instead of 24 hours later saving us expedite costs. The system...

Cons

CS: 4. Knowledgable support staff but some issues take time to resolve, which can be frustrating from users eyes. (usually involve our use of the system not broken software) Very few calls due to broken software (usually after an upgrade) Never been DOWN due to software issue (this is big). But with so much functionality theres bound to be some problems. We get timely fixes when needed. IQMS is...

Has been a big overall improvement to our previous ERP system

I've only used 2 ERP systems in my life, so my experience is limited. IQMS does nearly everything better than our old ERP system, but we had more flexibility with our labeling in the old system, and the old system had superior finance capabilities in nearly every way. Since going live in IQMS, we are constantly catering to the finance folks with report tweaks.

Pros

Integrates very well in our environment. Users were able to understand how the use the system pretty quickly. Very good customer support. The real time screens give very good visibility into the state of operations. Easy to schedule. System help menus are very good.

Cons

Financials lacking in comparison to our 10+ year old ERP system. Missing some basic elements, like being able to add operator initials to a production label without having to enter all employees into the system and make sure they're all logging in as themselves. Unable to customize box count on production labels (reset box counts on a shiftly basis). Unable to set default label templates per customer ship-to. Had an issue lately after updating to newest version where PLM module didn't work any longer. The fix took over 10 weeks. Feel like the licensing for shopdata is a bit expensive. We'd like to have an IQMS station on every work center, but the cost of the shopdata licenses is prohibitive.

GAME CHANGER

Our overall experience with this system has been amazing! Cannot give it good enough ratings. The people in the company are great to work with, the other customers are a joy to be around and it is a great environment to operate in.

Pros

As we looked to grow, it was clear that we could not do it on current platform, after implementing IQMS we were able to build a platform that allowed us to double our business while maintaining our elite quality scorecard with customers like GM, Magna, BorgWarner and ZF. This technology was game changing.

Cons

It is a fringe element of the system is the SPC/quality module. I wish that there was a more robust quality module including PPAP, control plans and FMEA analysis.

IQMS is an Excellent Choice for Manufacturing ERP & MES

The data that we are collecting, especially with the real-time MES has allowed us to get a handle on our real performance for inventory control, labor efficiency, and scrap so we have been able to improve those (after learning we were really worse than we thought once we had indisputable data vs staff recording data in our old system. You cannot hide numbers with real-time. Our inventory issues were solved and we have not had to do a physical inventory since implementation 5 years ago.

Pros

Very manufacturing friendly and has all the functionality you need to run an entire manufacturing company. In addition, the IQMS MES system is seamless and provides valuable data in Real-Time. There are drag/drop charts that mesh quality data with process data, tolerance setting to monitor processes as well as workflows to remove paper and allow processes, forms, reports to be paperless. Communication to departments is built-in along with document control and storage. I can also see everything that is going on while on the road with the mobility built-in.

Cons

The financial package does not have great 'drill down' capability for variances if you use the standard costing vs actual costing. However, the newest version does have this capability but I have not used it yet.

EIQ in a non-plastics environment

EIQ is a much better solution than our previous conglomeration of software. It provides us with good inventory control and BOM functions. The positive aspects of the software outweigh the negative aspects, and we are having some success in eliminating these negatives as well.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. They have been very helpful with a variety of questions and do a good job of following up on issues that are not readily solved in a single phone call. I never get the feeling that they are simply trying to get me off the phone, but instead are genuinely interested in solving my problem. Navigation is very robust, but easy to use. The ability to "jump to" related...

Cons

Much of the terminology and functionality is geared to the plastics industry. Since we are not in this business, it can be somewhat cumbersome at times to have to wade through all of the plastics features to get to those that we need. The cost accounting functionality does not allow us to break down manufacturing costs in as much detail as we would like. We are currently evaluating the latest...

Awesome for plastic injection molding

If you are a plastic injection molder, BUY THIS PROGRAM!!! We looked at many other packages, but none of them were going to work for us. Make use of on-site consulting at implementation and on an on-going basis to make full use of the software and to discover new features as they are introduced in new releases.

Pros

IQMS manages our injection molding operations extremely well. The scheduling and purchasing modules are slick, and the program can handle all the quirky aspects of our industry such as family tools, running down cavitation, concentrate let-down ratios, sales orders with multiple releases, etc. The Real Time monitoring system collects data as jobs are run, and managers can see the current status of...

Cons

IQMS is not the most intuitive program, and thus there is a steep learning curve at implementation. For example, some very useful screens are really hidden and a user would never 'stumble' upon them or even know about their existance if not shown by a trainer. Also, the screens/menus are not consistant across all modules. For example, there are different ways to sort lists depending on what screen...

Integrated EDI is the key

When we looked into purchasing IQMS back in 2003, we were using an ERP system that utilized a 3rd party translation program. I was hesitant to think that IQMS could do as good of a job handing the EDI side of the software; however, I quickly realized their EDI dept is second to none. We have confidently never looked back. Due to the tight integration we were able to reduce expediting costs as we are able to see front loads immediately; our schedule update can see the impact within minutes of updating orders and we can react quickly. If you are looking for an overall ERP package and you have EDI needs; I highly recommend you look at IQMS due to it's strong EDI translation package which is integrated into the system.

Pros

* Integration is the key - there is no finger pointing as the translator is integrated into the system. * Superior technical support - IQMS employs top notch specialists on the EDI support team. * Ease of Use - From end user's standpoint, the process of converting incoming data into a sales order is fairly simple * Flexible - when customer's data requirements suddenly change - scriptiing adjustments can be made quickly and efficiently, without long wait times * Visibility - order changes are visible as quickly as you need - we are able to see customer front loads as soon as they happen

Cons

* Set up can be complicated, depending on the customers' needs - due to the nature of EDI, setting up new trading partners are not always simple and straightforward - there is usually a tweaking phase to get the set up working correctly. While this is a con, it is also a plus because IQMS knows how their sales order module works; so they can be nimble with additional scripting adjustments, along with...