Pet Sitter Plus Logo
Pet Sitter Plus

Wed based software for dog walking & pet sitting businesses

visit website

Pet Sitter Plus Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.33/10

Reviews by rating

The care and time that my consultant, Customer Support, put into my experience with training and help was outstanding.
I love that I have the ability to do so much with just one program. I have the ability to schedule all of my clients, keep financial records, and have GPS check in and check out all at my finger tips.
Acquiring it has been the best business decision I have made for my small, yet growing, business. I have complete confidence that they will be alongside me, as I grow and expand.
But they are so confused when they look at their account summary and it says "you have nothing to pay. Is there a way to possibly list quote amounts on the page.
I will say I canceled a day or two after the trial ended and my card was charged.
When doing individual things within portal can be annoying navigating through all the different windows and I often lose my place.

AC

Alison C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Pet Sitter Plus is my secretary, admin and book keeper all rolled into one.

Have been using Pet Sitter plus for nearly 4 years now, and absolutely couldn't be without it. It's allowed me to be excellent in terms of reliability and professionalism, and given me back the time to put into growing the business (and now a second one). I had one session with Richard in the beginning, but found it all very intuitive (I had some experience of database run software already). The...

Pros

I really like the fact that it is so comprehensive, covering all aspects of client and dog information, clients accounts - I hate accounting, but with Pet Sitter Plus I am able to do my own accounts and self assessment, even though the business is quite complex financially. love that I don't have to keep many hard copy record, just the signed business forms and my booking diary really. It' fabulous for staff communication and great for client feedback too now that you can send out and email from the clients home with photos and an update. All wonderful stuff. The repeat services feature is a great help to, as it means you don't need to reschedule any regular walks or visits, just press the repeat button and you're away!

Cons

Really...? Ummm? Nope! I can't think of any. If I'm being very picky I would like a feature that lets me email all of my clients in bulk, but I have a mailing list with mail chimp. So that's covered elsewhere.

Thank you Alison for this wonderful review. For the benefit of anyone reading this review, Alison mentioned in the "cons" section that Pet Sitter Plus does not have the option to email clients in bulk. This was a simple misunderstanding. We have since spoken to Alison and tell her how to implement that functionality and she is very happy with our response.

XH

Xuan H.

11-50 employees

Pet Sitter Plus has enabled my pet business to grow by leaps and bounds! Could not rave enough!

Pet Sitter Plus has enable Tails of the City Pet Care and Born to Run Pet Fitness the ability to centralize all client ' pet details for easy access by managers and sitters/walkers. As a mobile-based business, the ability to retrieve important information on schedules, emergency contacts and pet care routines has made life for our managers and sitters so much easier. Allowing us to handle complicated...

Pros

I started Tails of the City Pet Care in DC in 2002. During the early years, pet sitting had not exploded as it has now so the available pet sitting software was extremely lacking. It was just as easy to manage using spreadsheets and Quickbooks. To cater to the ever growing pet professionals, there are now more options out there with sophisticated, powerful features that cannot easily be replicated....

Cons

Thank you Xuan so much for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this brilliant review. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

GK

Gary K.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Helps a lot for owning a business.

Pros

ease to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

the extensive work needed if you have different pricing situations, and services. And you have to change EVERYTHING every time you change a price

TB

Tami B.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Saved my sanity, everything you could ever need in this industry!

My sanity, more sleep, less stress.

Pros

I was the admin for my brothers petsitting company. I joined the team to help him organize and expand. We switched over from another we'll know software that was just missing the mark. We needed something universal that could house all the details that comes along with this work. It was clear that the creators actually have worked as pet sitters. The amount of notes and details you can add for each...

Cons

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive review. You have been a valued client for many years so it is really fantastic that you feel that we continue to support you well. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SS

Sharon S.

1-10 employees

Awesome software, Awesome support!!

The team at Petsitter+ are awesome! I owe my sanity and the health of my pet care business to them. Until April 2012 I had been managing bookings, rosters, invoicing and accounts manually. I was working 24/7 and struggling to keep my head above water. I was beginning to hate the business I had loved for 17 years. And tax time was a nightmare I dreaded to contemplate. In desperation I had approached...

Pros

Easy to use and has helpful "Help" menus and I can use it anywhere on any device

Cons

not really anything I don't like

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software and our service. Your positive feedback is extremely valuable and very much appreciated. With kind regard Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SR

Sandra R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Fabulous software! Couldn't do without it now!

Using Pet Sitter Plus has transformed our business for the better and been central to massively increasing our turnover and customer satisfaction. We had been using a manual system with a calendar in outlook, spreadsheets and Quickbooks for invoicing for several years. However, with texts and emails coming in from clients as well as phone messages on the answer phone and mobile, jobs were always...

Pros

Easy to use, clients love it, online booking, record kept of all transactions, clients can register credit cards so payment can be automated, lots of comprehensive questions to make sure clients tell us everything important about their pets, keeps home security and alarm details... invoicing completed within minutes, saves us masses of time in admin and it's always accurate!

Cons

Maybe the mobile app needs freshening up but that is coming out soon we're told. Anything we suggest as an improvement goes into their development list and they welcome ideas and want to know what we want.

Thank you Sandra for this fantastic review

NS

Niki S.

The foundation of my businesses success is directly related to this phenomenal software program

It is the driving force of my business success and I know I wouldn't be thriving nearly to the level I am without it!

Pros

It takes care of needs I don't even know I have! It keeps track of every single detail related to every single aspect of my small but growing pet sitting company. I am small but plan to grow and I know PSP has the capability to grow with me. Billing, invoicing, and scheduling are a breeze and the GPS check in/out features are a major marketing tool for me in that I'm the only one in my area offering...

Cons

It is so functional and has SO many features that it takes time to learn and with 10-12 walks/visits each day I am struggling to find time...BUT as I stated above, once I have hired staff, I will have and plan to use some of that time to put more of this powerful software to use and drive my business even further, faster, better and rise above my competitors. I honestly don't think there is anything it can't do!

Thank you so much Niki for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you and we hope to for many years to come. We really appreciate this review. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

Desi D.

1-10 employees

Pet Sitter Plus is excellent!!!

Before Pet Sitter Plus we used another software that worked but wasn't really designed for pet sitting service, so there were a lot of mistakes happening. Not to mention half of the work involved a lot of paperwork and consuming precious time. I had been looking for a new software for about a year and everything I saw on the internet wasn't quite right. One day I got an email advertisement from google...

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus is easy to use and very efficient!

Cons

None!

Hi Desi, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. I remember helping you to get your business up and running on Pet Sitter Plus and it was a pleasure to see you enjoy the benefits. We hope you enjoy the next release due out very soon. Best regards Richard.

JK

Justin K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Professional software for Professional Pet Sitters

Our company has been benefiting from the services provided by Pet Sitter Plus since 2013. In all honesty, it feels more like a partnership, as though Pet Sitter Plus provide the backbone to our organisation, allowing us to focus our efforts on what we do best, being with the animals. I shudder to recall the years prior to using the software. The administration involved in running a popular, successful...

Pros

-Ease of use -Plethora of features -Cost effectiveness -24/7 Customer Service -Client facing portal -Positive client feedback

Cons

Owing to the software's ability to process most scheduling, invoicing, financial reporting and administration tasks, I often found myself in the office with little to do and therefore drinking too much coffee

Thank you Justin so much for this fantastic review. I remember coaching you through the changeover to PSP some years ago and I am really pleased to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this positive review. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Pet Sitting business

Customer service is exceptional. All our issues were dealt with quickly and we were always given a good explanation.

Pros

It is comprehensive and easy to use. We like that it is linked to Stripe so we can do our own invoicing.

Cons

The development of an app would make this easier for our clients to use. Also, it's not compatible with Quickbooks self-employed.

AT

Angie T.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Money well spent and time saved= Happy Days!

Time saving, easy for staff to use and see their work load. Usability on mobile so I'm not always needing my laptop.

Pros

Once set up (can be time consuming for a established company) this will save time and headaches with all aspects of business from invoicing to planning diaries and staff. I have used Petsitter for 5 years + and always found the company most helpful even with my silly little questions! Customer service is top notch. There have been "bugs", however, they have always been ironed out and dealt with in a professional and quick manor while keeping me (and other I assume) full informed of updates. I have even made suggestions of things I would like in the software and they have managed to run my ideas into the software! How often do you get listened to that well? I love Petsitter and wouldn't be without it now. Thanks to all the team who have made my life easier :)

Cons

I didn't find it sooner! Other than that I can not fault this software and can not recommend it highly enough, if you have a pet business you should have this software!!!! (I'm not being paid for this review!!!)

MG

Michelle G.

Great software reviewed by House Pets Spa - Pet groomer & Pet care company

Bookkeeping, diary, invoicing online, customer portal, terms and conditions agreed, visit update for owners.

Pros

I have used this software for over 4 years and have recommended it to other local companies who have also bought and used it. As a qualified book keeper I can confirm the invoicing system allows your year end figures to be given at a simple click of a button. It allows HMRC to see what is scheduled e.g. Your diary is your income (especially useful with cash businesses) it allows you to keep track of customer payments and outstanding amounts allowing you to simply email a account summary to them with a request for payment if needed. It's simple to see your diary schedule and to add any details you need to keep things up to date. The customer portal allowing customers to request services online and frees up our time answering the phone.

Cons

As with every software things can always be improved but this is not much of a con as every time I email a request for a new feature it has inevitably been added in an update.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive review. You have been a valued client for many years now and so it is great that you still feel that we continue to support you well. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SB

Samantha B.

Great software and service

Pros

I have been a user of this software from its very early days. It has been developed with the users rather than just by software developers. This means it really works for pet sitting and walking companies, big and small. There are so many features, all developed from feedback from the users. I feel that they really listen to any feedback or issues you might have. It is extremely reliable. I can...

Cons

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. It has always been a pleasure to support you and we hope to continue doing so for many years to come. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

BO

Becky O.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Best product that I have encountered!

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus is the best product that I have encountered, and I have done tons of research on pet sitting software. My company manages hundreds of walks a day and we need a software that works effectively for our clients, our field team, and our office team to get the job done. We need to manage occasional vacation care and repeat services with ease. Our clients want something easy to use to manage...

Cons

Every pet sitting business runs differently, so it is impossible to create a software product that does everything for everyone, but Pet Sitter Plus comes close. My biggest con with the system is with the invoicing when a client changes their schedule. The original invoice is a static document, so it will not reflect the changes made. I am not used to this and neither are my clients. It is their biggest complaint and confusion.

Thanks for writing this fantastic review Becky. It was a great experience working with you and your team in 2017 to get you live on Pet Sitter Plus. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to partnering with you in the years to come. Best Regards Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

TA

Tess A.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Life changing!

Saves me tons of time. Keeps us organized for scheduling, billing, payroll, and an easy reference point for revenue and compensation comparison.

Pros

PSP has been life changing for myself and my managers! Tasks that used to take me hours (and hour and hours) like invoicing can now be done in minutes, in bulk! It's also very user friendly and the customer service is top notch! Customer representative and company are responsive and seem eager to hear suggestions and the software continues to improve with regular updates. I'm very impressed and grateful! I highly recommend!

Cons

There is some room for improvement with the GPS feature, but it's something I know they're already working on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software and our service. Your positive feedback is extremely valuable and very much appreciated. Our next release is due out early May 2017 and I hope very much that you find the new features beneficial. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SL

Simon L.

1-10 employees

Pet Sitter Plus is simply brilliant!

We are a local City business in Brighton & Hove (UK) with over 570 registered customers who we provide cat feeding & sitting visits for. We are a small team of 3 + 1 seasonal staff but we deliver over 11,000 home visits a year. Pet Sitter Plus (PSP) literally changed my life in giving me back hours of time that was spent on a manual diary and manual invoices. Our customers love PSP, they feedback such...

Cons

This is a wonderful review. Thank you Simon for taking the time to write it.

EA

Emma A.

Couldn't have asked for a better system!

Pros

It's so easily adaptable and can quickly be edited to be exactly how you want it. I'm a dog trainer, not a computer tech, but I can change custom fields, email templates etc myself without getting confused! Would 100% recommend this software to any pet sitters/walkers/trainers etc. I think its fairly priced too - lots of the other systems I looked at were way out of my price range. Also, I love the fact I don't have to use up space on my computer as its all online, and I can log on from my iPad or iPhone which is super handy!

Cons

It's so hard to think of something that I like least about the software as it fits what I need perfectly! If I had to pick one thing it would be that I can't change (or at least I don't know how to) the search list on the clients tab. I don't remember my clients names very well, I only remember the dogs names so it would be handy if I could change it to search alphabetically for the pets names.

This is a wonderful review Emma. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

PM

Patty M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

5 Stars!!!

My favorite thing about Pet Sitter Plus is the personal customer service you get for free! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a Rock Star Professional who will meet with you online anytime you need help!!

Pros

It's very easy to use and gives professional results! The Help tool gives you all the answers. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my favorite part. I get her professional help anytime I need it!

Cons

Little hard when they did the update, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome in training and is available to help me any time I need it!

Thank you Patty very much for taking the time to write this positive review. You have been a valued client for many years so it is really fantastic that you feel that we continue to support you well. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SW

Susan W.

Superb Pet Software...couldn't manage my 'Pet and Livestock Services (PaLS)' business without it!

Pros

This Pet Software is extremely easy to use. Enables me to run my business professionally. Gives me a daily update of what jobs I have to do each day and what time I am scheduled to do them. At the end of the month I can easily send out 'bulk invoices' to my customers - just the click of a button! Superb!! :-D

Cons

I've not been able to send letters (on the Pet Software) to ALL my customers in one go! (I know this might be available for people using this Pet Software) - but I've not been able to on my computer for some reason? This would be really useful as I want to send out letters to all customers about my prices.

This is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to write it. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

Dana D.

Best Product on the Market

Chicago Pet Sitters was established in 2005. Today, we have around 800 clients and 26 sitters. We pride ourselves on being one of the most dependable and flexible service in the city of Chicago, and thanks to Pet Sitter Plus, we're able to follow through on our commitment. I searched for two years looking for software. We utilized free trials and found that the software either couldn't meet our...

NA

Natalie A.

easy for walkers/ sitters to use, I'd like other functions

Pros

walkers find it incredibly easy to use, diaries work fine. easy to do invoicing. Finding info on the clients and pets is really easy. for all our basic needs it works fine

Cons

wish there was other CRM functions built in, like notifications when a puppy gets to a certain age we can contact them to amend services and check in about neutering etc, make it easier for marketing also.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. It¿s much appreciated and we are glad to be of service to you. We always listen to feature requests from our clients and have noted your suggestions. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

RS

Renee S.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Pet Sitter Plus is an easy software to use. It works well for my staff and clients. It is dependable

This software works for every aspect of this business. It has schedules, billing, ability to pay bills, email statements. It is a great software.

Pros

It is never inoperable. Always up and running. It also has a good help section. If a new feature is neeaded, check the help.

Cons

You have to wait a hour or more for customer support. Since the system has never failed, waiting is not critical, I usually have questions about features I don't see.

Thank you so much Emily for taking the time to review our software. It has always been a pleasure to support you. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

JH

Jared H.

11-50 employees

An absolute game changer in terms of productivity, efficiency and time-saving!

More time to relax or focus on growing the business, since the software takes care of the rest.

Pros

No pet sitting business is the same, but Pet Sitter Plus knows that which is why they created the most highly customizable software to fit the needs of each individual business's needs. It's easy to learn, and easy to use.

Cons

Hi Jared, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review. You have been a valued client for many years now and I am very pleased that after all this time you feel that we continue to support you well. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

Denise D.

So excited to have found this Software...it has changed my business for the better already!

Pros

Love that all of my Client information, invoicing etc. is located in one place; Invoicing is now a breeze and it used to be a major chore! Still have a lot to learn about the software, but I cannot say enough about my coach Dana Dubriwny. She is patient, knowledgable, and always has an answer for my questions. Even though my trial period is up, she is still here for me whenever I am stuck on something and I never could have learned to use the software without her! Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this software and look forward to growing my business with Petsitter Plus!

Cons

So far, there is nothing I don't like about the software. There were a few sections on the Help page where I was unable to get answers to my questions, but I believe that's because they are under construction...and of course Dana my coach was able to answer my questions right away so really it wasn't much of a problem.

Thank you Denise so much for taking the time to review our software. It's much appreciated and we are glad to be of service to you. I passed on your thanks to Dana too! Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

CJ

Christine J.

Transformed my business.

Pros

So easy to use, efficient and professional, invoices and quotes are created and sent with minimal effort on my part, excellent for keeping track of my booking and income. excellent customer service.

Cons

Hi Christine, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus