RunMags Reviews

My team has had a very positive experience working with the runmags team.

Pros

The comprehensive functionality potential and ability to interface with relevant apps. The software offers several features to not only to publish a magazine but to also run your business-just as the name indicates! The CRM allows each member of your team to automate their tasks and then collaborate with each other to increase efficiencies. The system sets and monitors goals and targets and provides status reports with automatic updates. One great feature is the billing and fulfillment. This feature is fully customizable and offers automatic workflow, so once you set it up, your work is essentially done with invoicing. Overall, this is a great software tool to help run a successful magazine business.

Cons

Not all of the potential features are fully functional at this point, and when there is an issue, reaching tech support can be delayed, which creates downtime and frustration for users. Also getting some of the features fully functional has taken more time than expected. However, overall we have been very satisfied with the program.

Thanks for the feedback Janice!

Very functional for my needs

Pros

I use the software to send out proposals, contracts, invoices, and for mapping. I have other systems for the other functions. I find it to be very helpful for the functions I've listed and everything appears seamless and professional to my clients. I also like that my clients have their own portal to see the agreements, sign the agreements and also see their invoices and pay them via credit card if they want. I prefer they don't, but it's good to have that option.

Cons

I don't really find any features missing, but I do find it to be a little quirky at times and not intuitive. Once I learn the logic behind the different functions I get used to it. If there are ever any issues the customer service is excellent and super responsive!!!

Thank you very much for that feedback!

Very compelling proposition

Pros

Some great features such as flat planning which means the WHOLE team has a real-time view and the ability to send contracts out from the system is very streamlined.

Cons

It can take a while to pull detailed filtered reports

Thanks for the feedback Adrian!

For us it is one of the best "CRM" software for publishing but it´s much more than this.

Pros

We really like the automatic process from creating an proposal till sending reminders for missing ads. This helps us to optimize the whole sales and production process.

Cons

Mobile usage is not really good. The Flatplan could be more flexible and the look & feel could be a bit more modern.

Thanks for your feedback Chris. We¿ll touch base on your thoughts on mobile. Have been thinking about making a simplified mobile responsive interface in 2018. Robert

Runmags is a great solution for CRM needs.

As a small magazine company, Runmags has taken me from pen and paper and Excel spreadsheets to a more automated system. Allowing me to quickly see where I am within all areas of my business. Within a few months I have been able to scale up by offering more publications. I love that I am able to create flat plans for layouts, which makes production faster. I can automatically create and email contracts...

Cons

Thanks Katrina! We're looking forward to seeing you grow your business!

customer service excellence

I love how easily I can visualize my magazine before production using RunMags software.

Pros

They continue to help it work for us and it does help streamline our otherwise rudimentary editorial system. The program really does create ease in production mode, and in the case of strange errors with the software, the team is fast to help.

Cons

There are some little flaws, but the team always addresses them directly. There have also been some updates so I'm finding the page to look a bit different when I log on.

Thank you for your feedback Cara! Yeah, we're developing RunMags with such speed that we've been struggling to keep up some of the little flaws you mention. We're seeing the light in the end of the tunnel :-)

Finally a Publisher Specific CRM Program (and more)

My company has been in the publishing business for almost 20 years. We are a small company with a team of 5 people. We have tried many CRM programs before that work ok for sales, but have found nothing that is Publishing specific. We were introduced to the RunMags program in July of this year and have been extremely happy with the features we are using so far. Their customer service is amazing....

Pros

Still learning all of the features, but so far the subscription part which I'm using the most has been very easy to manage.

Cons

Thanks Ricki! I appreciate your feedback. Let me know when you want to take the next step to use RunMags to its fullest potential. Robert