SimpleConsign Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.08/10

Reviews by rating

Very good program with tools that can help you analyze your business in a more effective and efficient way.
I like how easy it is to work with software. It is very user friendly and it has a variety of reports that can help you make daily decisions easier.
As someone who doesn't get along well with technology, the support staff was amazing in helping me get started and continues to be amazing when I need assistance. Their response time is phenomenal.
Updates are done with no knowledge to us, the customer. When we have found errors to updates or ask a question about the recent updates through the service ticket procedure.
That updates are done with out knowledge, and it can cause mistakes and they aren't found all the time by the team that did them.
Checking out customers for purchases is a pain and the credit card machine has never worked with this program. Every card has to be manually entered.

BS

Beau S.

President

Research, 1-10 employees

Great pod software

Transcript

Beau: Hi, my name is Beau. I'm a consultant and I'm reviewing SimpleConsign. I give it a review of four...

Gaye K.

Excellent Software!

Excellent software for any consignment shop. Highly recommend.

Pros

Very easy to use! There is a lot of flexibility within the system.

Cons

I realize it’s a state issue but I wish the layaway deposit and/or the whole layaway sale would show on the dashboard.

Simple Consign Review

Pros

The ability to split consignor payouts between in-store credit and cash payout (for which I have different splits). For example, my consignors receive 40% of their item sales if they take their credit as cash, or 50% of their item sales if they use their credit for in-store purchases. SimpleConsign is the only software system on the market (that I've found so far) that makes it easy for a customer to use some of their credit in-store and then take the remainder as cash. I also like the specificity of the reports feature, and how easy reports are to customize.

Cons

I wish the software linked with QuickBooks Online. I wish there was a way to view Consignor Credit AND Store Credit (from returns and gift card balances) on the same screen. As it is, it is hard to explain to customers and train employees why we don't always see their store credit when checking their consignor credit. I wish Store Credit was listed when consignors login to the online portal to check their account. I wish that the status changed from Active to Sold when store-owned inventory quantity reached zero. As it stands, the status remains Active while the quantity changes to zero. I wish SimpleConsign integrated with Gravity Payments.

ME

Mara E.

Simple Consign has all the core elements we need to power our new business.

Pros

We are a combination of consignment, resale and retail. I love that SimpleConsign supports all of these types in both POS and overall inventory management. It is also fairly easy to train our new staff on POS components of the system. Also I'm very happy with the level of customer support from the Traxia team.

Cons

Because I have a software design and development background, I am perhaps more critical than most. I find many of the workflows very clunky and some of the interfaces do not follow UX best practices -- resulting in user errors that shouldn't happen. It doesn't feel like user-centered design. Many times when I'm trying to figure out how to get the system to support the tasks I want to do, I long for a peek at your schema and object model. The data relationships aren't always clear and results are often not what I would expect. I would love for the software to work better with and on multiple devices.

Thank you for your review Mara, this feedback is extremely valuable and I will be sending it to our dev team.

LD

Lawrence D.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

SimpleConsign makes running our Park Avenue Marketplace smooth.

Saving Time! A business takes time to run properly and SimpleConsign saves TIME. I just filed my monthly sales tax report and it took 2 minutes to get the information off of SimpleConsign and nearly 40 minutes to file with the state. The State needs to take heed to what SimpleConsign is doing with their software. Our Consignors love the online access to their sales as well. Happy Consignors means happy business.

Pros

Record keeping by far is the big advantage to SimpleConsign. When the end of the pay period comes, it is a 5 minute process to run the payments. Simple Consign is always working on the system to improve the process and the latest change is more evidence of that. I have kept the Consignor records manually in the past and this system is worth every penny. Monthly reports make filings easy. And our Consignors love the online access to their sales

Cons

I can't find much about SimpleConsign that I don't like. We do not use all aspects of the software, but there is little that I do not like.

Thanks Lawrence for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We're so glad we've made it easier to manage Park Avenue Marketplace. The Ohio state motto of "With God all things are possible" obviously doesn't include speedy tax filings. Thanks for being on Team Traxia!

Karen M.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Time Saver

The best part of this company is their support. The staff is always friendly, patient and most importantly, available.

Pros

I used to have to take a picture of a dress, download it to my computer, upload it to our website, write down the description, item number and price. Then when the dress sold, I had to go in and manually remove it from my site. With SimpleConsign, it was just that-SIMPLE! I can use the app on my phone to scan the tag on the dress and take a picture. Everything would automatically go onto my website and then be removed once the tag was scanned for purchase. This saved tons of time and also assured us that anything on our website was still in the store when customers would call or come in to see the item.

Cons

It is not that I didn’t like aspects of the software, it is just that I was used to using my old software and change can always take some time to get used to. I wish I had started with Simple Consign when I first opened.

LW

Lynn W.

Amazing POS system

I have an artist handmade consignment store. Simple Consign keeps everything clean and easy while keeping everyone accountable. My artists and I both love that they can easily see what to bring more stock of and their sales. The system calculates my taxes and what I owe each consignor every month. This saves me tons of time and energy.

Pros

Simple consign truly is that, simple!! For months I was wondering what I was missing because it was so easy. Excellent customer service and my consignors love that they can log in and see their sales.

Cons

I love this software. Not sure that there is anything I don't like.

Hi Lynn! Thanks for the awesome review. You have always been such an incredible ambassador for SimpleConsign and we appreciate it. Love having you on Team Traxia! Thanks again

Best support team ever

Keeping an inventory is good for me. Being able to recreate repots.

Pros

Quit user friendly. When stumped help is a call away.

Cons

Setting categories is not intuitive. No place for notes on new inventory page. Changing consignors (bulk) is not intuitive.

We appreciate the great review and only wish we could thank you directly. Traxia is always looking to improve and getting suggestions and feedback from our customers is the perfect way. So happy you feel our Support Team is the best ever. We would definitely have to agree! Thanks again!

RN

Robert N.

Great Program

GREAT!

Pros

Like the program and the customer service.

Cons

Their credit card provider. It has nothing to do with the software but the do support this company and I wish they would find another

Hi Robert! Thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. We're so happy you think we're GREAT! too. In regards to the credit card processors...stay tuned. Exciting things are coming. Thanks again!

Raymond A.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Made for Resale and Consignment

Pros

Literally everything! I only wish there was an eCommerce module.

Cons

No eCommerce module which is so important in today's retail market. I would never close our brick & mortar, but would love to add an eCommerce option for our customers.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Simple Consign

My overall experience has been amazing. It's a very helpful tool and I would highly recommend SimpleConsign.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate and access all your data as well as easy to create your own custom reports. Tech support has been very helpful and are always available.

Cons

While I don't personally pay for this, I know the owner does and I know she wishes it was a little bit cheaper. But other than that, I really have no complaints.

To our mystery reviewer, thanks! We're pleased you've had an amazing experience with SimpleConsign!

LM

Lynn M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Without hesitation- a true winner

Overall experience: They use a 10 point scale to rate level of satisfaction. I need more like a 50 point scale. I just cant thank Simple Consign enough for always being there. It is such a pleasure to work with team that truly understands customer service. Attitude, professionalism, knowledge base--- they have it all and deliver it with the highest regard for their customers. Just love it and love them!

Pros

Where do I begin? Let me start with their OUTSTANDING customer support. They are fast at responding, patient as they walk you thru solutions ( teach you as they do) and truly know their product features. Probably the most outstanding service I have received from any vendor. As for the software itself- tremendous! I feel like I could not do my job without this software (and their support). It provides...

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. When I run into a problem, all I have to do is call customer support and BINGO- they walk me thru a solution. There was 1 occasion when I wanted to do something and that particular function could not be done HOWEVER with the help of the support crew, they came up with an alternative that worked perfect. They go the extra mile 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day

Wow, Lynn, thanks! We appreciate your phenomenal review. Thanks for your incredible encouragement and loyalty too. You've actually been a customer of ours since 2014! It's wonderful customers like you that make us work that much harder. Thanks again!

ML

Matt L.

Retail, self-employed

Love the software... wish it a few more options and a cell phone app for consignor and business ownr

Much easier to inventory and check customers out. Much easier to manage consignor's sales and payouts than anything other software I researched. Also the fact that it's web based eliminates many reliability issues that can effect other similar systems. Much easier to track sales and trends throughout the day, month and year.

Pros

I love the bar coded price tag system that allows the consignor to enter their items into their inventory themselves. Love the bar code price tags (much more accurate and faster checkout process). Love the online account for the consignors to monitor sales. Love that it is a web based system so we don't have to rely on an in house computer (that could crash). Love that the software is accessible anywhere. This feature is particularly helpful for the business owner who has the capability to check sales reports, etc.. when not at the store.

Cons

There really needs to be a Simple Consign iPhone app both for the Consignors and for the business owner. The current system is only accessible through an internet browser on a cell phone (which limits the size of the pages size and is also very slow). A cell phone app would be very helpful especially when introducing the system to a new consignor. It would also be nice to be able to set a discount...

EB

Elizabeth B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

This is the best consignment software you will find

I've had a great experience with them and would definitely use their service again if I open a second shop.

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn how it works, it allows flexibility to either let consignors check their own account or to check for them, and the customer service is excellent. They are always quick to respond and have helped me numerous times with tech questions even when it's not software related!

Cons

I wish you could apply more than one credit card payment to a single purchase so that folks could use a gift credit card and pay the balance with their regular card but this issue is minor in the grand scheme of things. Also, I wish the formatting for tags was a bit more flexible. I would love to print a butterfly jewelry tag with the consignor info right next to the price so that we could just use one half of the tag when we are tight for space (on the backs of small earring cards). Right now, the format sets the price on one end of the butterfly tag and the date and consignor info on the other so that we have to manually cut each price tag and put both pieces on the backs of earring cards. It's a small thing but takes time when you're putting in orders of 50+ pieces at a time.

Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. Have I got good news for you! We've just added new integrated credit card processors that allow you to take split payments! Contact Support ASAP and get switched over. Thanks for believing in us!

ZF

Zella F.

easy to use, very clear

We run a 100% consignor store so tracking and paying out our consignors is really organised with simple consign. this software is imperative for tweaking our business economy.

Pros

It is easy to teach new staff how to use. very straight forward tabs for different areas of the software. everything is very simple when adding accounts and inventory. The business overview tools are great. I love the reports.

Cons

I have been through hell trying to print barcode price labels for my products. I couldnt seem to get clear information concerning the label printer that i needed to order and the label size. I was very inexperienced in this area and really need some more committed help. The printer that I ended up buying isnt 100% supported by the print service software EDNA, that is the Zebra ZD220 and I have an unreliable communication between the APP and the printer. It has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. I've paid $400 to have IT specialists come and look. Traxia support want able to rectify the problem. This is my only complaint about the software and I am sure in time this problem will be ironed out even if it has been costly.

Thank you for your review Zella, I am sorry this happened to you, and I'm sure it's very frustrating. I will have support reach out to you.

kj

karlan j.

Playback Sports

I feel like the staff over at Simple Consign are all part of my company, working for me and frankly are the highest functioning part of my business. I appreciate them everyday when I turn on the system and it buzzes to life having safely stored all of my data through the night.

Pros

Super user friendly and easy to onboard new employees. Love the consistent and seamless (mostly) updates. Also love the recent refreshed look and feel. Even though I don't often ask for special features its clear to me that the company overall has their pulse on what consignment stores need because new features consistently address issues or needs that we are having.

Cons

Sometimes there are printer challenges but it's less likely about the software than probably compatibility with operating systems.

Karlan, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. It does our heart good to hear you say you feel we're a part of your company. That's our ultimate goal...to partner with you in your business. The fact that you rated us a 10 out of 10 and gave us all 5 stars is just the icing on the cake! Thanks. About those printing issues...get those Support guys on the phone and make sure there isn't something they need to do!

MG

Maureen G.

My silent partner

It was easy to set up and it was an asset from day one.

Pros

I started my resale business with Simple Consign and I'm so thankful that I did. It tracks my inventory, is the center of my point of sale, and charts analytics and compiles financial report that are necessary for my day to day operation. The Simple Consign team has expanded the software to dovetail beautifully with Shopify to help me create a seamless integration between my bricks and mortar store...

Cons

Anything that could ne improved gets improved so nothing comes to mind.

Thank you for Maureen we're happy to be your silent partners!

DV

Darcy V.

Best System I've Used

I have been using SimpleConsign by Traxia for almost a year and I have been beyond impressed since my first initial contact with the company. The software does absolutely everything (and then some) that I need to smoothly run the technical aspect of my store from printing labels to inventory management to vendor management down to the POS system. It does so much stuff that I haven't even actually...

Cons

Thank you for your review Darcy! Your review went far above and beyond, and we can't thank you enough!

KC

Karri C.

trend + relic review

over all very good but the glitches above prevent it from being perfect for our needs

Pros

ease of use, vendor portal, inventory ability

Cons

missing features: the ability to archive a vendor who has left so they don't continue to show up on the Consignor tab. Features that would be more appropriate for a vendor/store relationship and not just consignment specific, the ability for the vendors to print their own price stickers without adding the consigner tab to the front office where they can see what everyone else has sold, there needs...

JT

Jerik T.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Met all our needs until it was time for online sales

I am quite satisfied with the product. I just wish they could make it easier to integrate with online sales products.

Pros

We are not your typical Consignment shop, but rather a collective of nine different Arts & Crafts Guild. Even so, Simple Consign was flexible enough to meet our needs . We have a lot of volunteers using the software and ran into few problems. Most users remarked how easy it was to use. Support is quite responsive. I really like how it is cloud-based so we don't have to worry and deployment or updates, and that I could work with it from my home. When we have sales, we have instant sales information.

Cons

I wish it had more global settings, like whether or not a new item gets created when the system doesn't recognize a SKU. The biggest issue for doing online sales with Shopify was that indicating a single item was available online required 4 separate mouse clicks, and that is per item. That was just too tedious. We are currently using WiX for online, but there is no integration. We would like some integration via API so that the two products could communicate.

Thank you for your review Jerik! While we currently have no plans to integrate with Wix, but we will update our customers if and when we decide to go that route.

TW

Terri W.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

User friendly system for our small business

Overall, we have been happy with this software. Neither I or my business partner are incredibly computer savvy, and this system has been fairly easy for us to navigate and utilize for our small business purposes.

Pros

This software is relatively user friendly and intuitive. It makes it easy to manage our various consignors and vendors and the real time access to sales is a huge bonus for our vendors.

Cons

There are a few navigational aspects that could use some improvement. We have permanent vendors and it is often difficult to swap the vendor ID for an item that has already sold, if there has been a clerical error. We have struggled with out check printing format and integration to Quickbooks.

Thank you for your review Terri, and for the many years of partnership. As always we are always looking to improve our side of things, and I have noted your concerns so we can discuss with our development team.

SH

Susan H.

A great organization

I resisted their services for several years because I was happy with the program I had. Then it crashed and I lost 44000 items. Luckily, I was BOR so I didn't have to deal with not knowing who owned what. I have loved every minute of their services. Every customer service call has been answered quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Great customer service. Great value. Backs up to the cloud.

Cons

I have chosen to use a separate credit card processor. I have seen facebook posts about other users not being able to process credit cards when Simple Consign is out-of-service for some reason. At least when I have to process sales manually, I can still accept credit/debit payments. I think that is an advantage. I also continued to use my manual cash reconciliation.

Thanks Susan. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such an amazing review! So glad you no longer "resisted" and decided to choose SimpleConsign. Thanks!

TD

Tina D.

SimpleConsign, A Game Changer

Multiple stores are a breeze with the software! You get to choose how much they link together and I customize each locations settings and user privileges.

Pros

We love this software! We have used it for almost 10 years and wouldn't think of using anything else. We love how it works directly with our new to us shopify online store. Covid had a few silver linings and one was learning that online sales really do add up!

Cons

Occasionally the system goes offline and we are unable to make sales but it happened infrequently and the team is on it immediately to get it remedied.

Thank you for your review Tina! While we never want to go down there are times where something out of our control happens. Fortunately we have come up with work arounds for those times when the inevitable happens.

BS

Brett S.

A Simpler Point-of-Sale for Consignment and Resale Businesses

We switched from a major POS after four years and have been pleased with the decision. The software does what is advertised, and support is responsive and friendly. We've already recommended this software to other resale shops.

Pros

Product is straight forward; setup and training has been easier than compared to competitor product. It has 'just what we need' for a smaller-scale resale business with one location and no full-time back office staff. Converting from the competitor was made easy by the tech staff who are friendly and knowledgeable. Tech has been responsive to support tickets, and their ticked system allows you to specify the urgency. The data connection to Quickbooks works well but is limited to payouts. Online videos and a good user manual are easily available for training and reference. Cloud-based data and Software as a Service means reduced technology demands on small business.

Cons

Because tag styles are tied to product categories, we are unable to easily print two tag types for jewelry (one for display to customer, one for butterfly tag on merchandise.) The online manual is great for 90% of needs; not all features are fully documented, especially for users who like to know the boundaries of what a product can do. Cloud-based does rely on a steady internet connection; this is not a major obstacle in 2018, and the benefits of hosting outweigh the challenges of storing the data in the local store.

LR

Lisa R.

Retail, 11-50 employees

SimpleConsign

SimpleConsign has been a great platform for us - our employees were able to learn it quickly and easily. I love the ease of using store credit for payout and the reward points system. Our consignors love being able to access their information online. Very happy with the software and the support team!

Pros

Very easy to use. Clear headings, options, buttons, etc. Straight forward/common sense format. Love the online consignor access.

Cons

Reporting still needs some improvement. Difficult to get the reporting we need. Layaway edits or cancellations/how to forfeit a payment. Would love an etransfer payout option. Ability to customize the cash count so we can remove pennies.

Lisa, thanks so much for taking the time to give a review. We really appreciate it. Please give Tech Support a call. They would be happy to put together specific reports for you and give you advice on layaways. We love our Canadian customers too and want to do as much as possible for you, eh? Thanks again!

DC

Donna C.

Consignment Boutique

It is much less time consuming than systems we have used in the past. Also much easier to understand.

Pros

Our boutique is consignment and retail. We have used several different companies over the last 30 years. Simple Consign is by far the easiest for us to use and my staff was able to learn all components of the system with ease.

Cons

We have had a few problems between Quick Books and Simple Consign BUT the support staff is always there to help us.

Thanks Donna for taking the time to review us. We're pleased you've found the system easy to learn and use. Our goal has always been to live up to our name...SimpleConsign. So glad the Support Team has been able to help you with your Quick Books issues as well. They're always eager to help. Thanks again!