SimpleConsign, web based Reviews

4.78/5 (274 reviews)

Elizabeth Kobliha

More than I need but everything I want

Reviewed 2018-08-14

I've been using SimpleConsign since I opened up my business 5 years ago. I have toyed with the idea of switching to shopify as it has a few bells and whistles that Simple Consign does not. Namely an app and also a bulit in website builder. However., the online access tool far outweighs both of those conveniences and until someone can compete in that aspect, I will remain a loyal customer to Simple Consign.The best thing about this software is the ability to run reports for my vendors at the drop of a hat. I have a vintage collective and have 40 vendors who sell at my location. I do all the book-keeping for them and some of them are very disorganized. As long as I have put good and thorough information into the system at the time of the sale, including notes if necessary, I can go back at any time of the year and look up the sale and see what the circumstances surrounding the purchase were. I also love the online look up tool that the vendors can use themselves. Saves me TONS of time in phone calls answering questions about daily sales. Total lifesaver. Plus I push that expense back onto my vendors so I don't have to absorb that cost.

Kelly Gilion

Took my business to the Next Level.

Reviewed 2018-08-10

There are still a lot of features that I just haven't had time to learn how to use. I personally don't do well with "on-line training" and haven't taken the time to do all the training that's available. But the helpdesk is very responsive and normally helps me resolve any issues I'm having in a very timely manner. Thanks for that!Simple Consign helped me stop running my retail shop like a "multi-family garage sale". I no longer had to keep tags, tally consignor accounts manually using paper tickets and manually calculate and write checks at the end of each month. Game changer for me.

Matt Long

Love the software... wish it a few more options and a cell phone app for consignor and business ownr

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Much easier to inventory and check customers out. Much easier to manage consignor's sales and payouts than anything other software I researched. Also the fact that it's web based eliminates many reliability issues that can effect other similar systems. Much easier to track sales and trends throughout the day, month and year. I love the bar coded price tag system that allows the consignor to enter their items into their inventory themselves. Love the bar code price tags (much more accurate and faster checkout process). Love the online account for the consignors to monitor sales. Love that it is a web based system so we don't have to rely on an in house computer (that could crash). Love that the software is accessible anywhere. This feature is particularly helpful for the business owner who has the capability to check sales reports, etc.. when not at the store.

Nettie Byerly

Stop looking for a new or different consignment/resale software YOU JUST FOUND IT!

Reviewed 2017-08-20
Review Source: Software Advice

I've used this product for 3+ years. Love it!! I've been in business for almost 14 years and switched from a company based out of FL that was horrendous, but the best available at the time. This software company has been a lifesaver to my business and I am so grateful to have found them. My customers have noticed and love the change!!Extremely easy to use If (and rarely) would you need support these guys/gals are the best and enjoyable to talk to. IT guy who? I no longer need one You can search your system to find out what you priced a similar item before and then just click "Add Similar" to quickly add that item. Love the accessibility of the software on my phone using their app. Easy to keep track of multiple stores I can track my customers shopping habits several different ways Customers are always amazed at how I can search my store's inventory at any given time for Raiders, Grandma, Grandpa, Dr. Seuss or currently Paw Patrol items. Makes doing returns extremely easy End of day closing/balancing of books is easy I love being able to print one to a hundred tags at a time There is a credit card processing company associated with them although I don't use it as I am still loyal to my processor from years earlier. Plain & Simple: just good people running a good business for people working hard like you & me.

Tiffany Townsend

AMAZING company! The BEST in consignment software!

Reviewed 2015-05-12
Review Source: Software Advice

My team at Taylor Bug’s loves the system because it is easy to use. They think it is super easy to add store inventory and the option to search for consignors and customers. I am thankful for the value that we also receive for all the services that are provided! From the moment we contacted Traxia I have been SUPER IMPRESSED and pleased! I know the importance of partnering with companies that uphold high standards of quality and customer service. Being a customer for 2 years I have been amazed at the customer service that I have received in all areas and at all times! I am so thankful for the years I had doing it ‘old school’ style as it has helped me appreciated the complexity and possibilities that are offered with systems such as Traxia. They make a small business owners life possible, efficient and accurate!

Eric Jackson Smythers

Early Adopter Here

Reviewed 2018-08-13

We've been very pleased with everything about this software. Most importantly (in my book) their customer service is VERY responsive and extremely helpful. Considering how much our operations rely upon their interface, any downtime would be catastrophic. The handful of times that we have had issues, they really have dropped everything to work with us to get it resolved in short order. That means pretty much everything for our store.The software is very intuitive. We switched our software over from a piece-built Access system back in 2013, and there was a learning curve for staff, but it went very smoothly. For a high-volume consignment based store with over 7,000 consignors, I can't imagine using anything else. Additionally, being cloud-based means that when we have technological complications on one computer, we still have functionality.

Elizabeth Brooks

This is the best consignment software you will find

Reviewed 2018-11-02

I've had a great experience with them and would definitely use their service again if I open a second shop.It is easy to use once you learn how it works, it allows flexibility to either let consignors check their own account or to check for them, and the customer service is excellent. They are always quick to respond and have helped me numerous times with tech questions even when it's not software related!

Anonymous

Simple Consign Review

Reviewed 2018-08-10

The ability to split consignor payouts between in-store credit and cash payout (for which I have different splits). For example, my consignors receive 40% of their item sales if they take their credit as cash, or 50% of their item sales if they use their credit for in-store purchases. SimpleConsign is the only software system on the market (that I've found so far) that makes it easy for a customer to use some of their credit in-store and then take the remainder as cash. I also like the specificity of the reports feature, and how easy reports are to customize.

Sara Kassel

Great Software!

Reviewed 2018-08-13

Great experience - the product and customer service is wonderful! Very user friendly - visually clear, logical, and well organized. Customizeable - easy to adapt this system to our specific needs, run custom reports, use some features but not others etc.

karlan jessen

Playback Sports

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I feel like the staff over at Simple Consign are all part of my company, working for me and frankly are the highest functioning part of my business. I appreciate them everyday when I turn on the system and it buzzes to life having safely stored all of my data through the night.Super user friendly and easy to onboard new employees. Love the consistent and seamless (mostly) updates. Also love the recent refreshed look and feel. Even though I don't often ask for special features its clear to me that the company overall has their pulse on what consignment stores need because new features consistently address issues or needs that we are having.

Kristine Thayer

Sweetpea's customer of SimpleConsign

Reviewed 2018-11-02

I have been with SimpleConsign for over 5 years. I love that it is easy to use and has all the features necessary for me as a small business. Simple Consign gives me the tools that I need to be successful and to feel as thought I am a much larger business than I truly am. The support team is wonderful and they are always available to help with an issue big or small. I ran my store for 4.5 years without SimpleConsign and truly don't know how I did it. SimpleConisgn allows me to track inventory, transactions and revenue. The wide availability of reports are so beneficial for me to be successful. These reports allow me to track sales daily, hourly, monthly and yearly with a few clicks. I am also able to track inventory sold by day and consignor.

Kari Weaver

Consignment Art Gallery

Reviewed 2018-08-07

SimpleConsign literally saves me at least 10 hours of bookkeeping each month. My artists love the Consignor Access which frees me from having to email statements, saving me additional clerical hours. I also like remote access, so I can see how my business is doing while I am off site. When I travel, I seek out businesses like my own, and have had several conversations with gallery owners, singing the praises of SimpleConsign. Ease of access to information. I have 169 artist/consignors and being able to access their sales and inventory at any time is extremely useful. It took an incredible amount of time and work to enter all the inventory in my gallery, but I now know that I hover around having 11,000 items on hand.

Jill Cooper

Easy to use software, not perfect for consignment shops that also buy used merchandise.

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I've had a good experience, overall. The support staff is awesome and I never have to wait long to get a response and it's always taken care of immediately. Ease of use. Even my senior employees can navigate the system. I like how easy it is to keep track of taxes, sales and consignment inventory.

Chris Rietmann

Best solution we found - 3 years running

Reviewed 2018-11-02

I can't imagine our business model operating efficiently without SimpleConsign.SimpleConsign offers flexibility that we couldn't find in other packages we tested. I'm sure everyone who does consignment does things a little differently, and everything we dreamed up before we opened our doors SimpleConsign was able to do right out of the box. Being able to provide a web interface to our consignors has improved our service to them; allowing them to find stock levels, etc. without having to wait for a return call from us.

Connie Nicholson

Simple for Consignment

Reviewed 2018-12-06

One of my favorite features is that consignor's can access their accounts to view account balance, what items have sold, and what items are still active. The software is also fairly easy to understand and use once you have gotten accustomed to it. I thoroughly enjoy the option to edit inventory in bulk, as it makes it much easier when removing clothes from the system at the end of the season.

Carrie Evans

i LOVE Simple Consign!!

Reviewed 2018-09-04

I have had a great experience with Simple Consign. Every time I have needed to get help hooking up a printer or had any questions about how to do something, I have always been met with the nicest, (and most patient) people! They never make me feel like I am asking for help with something I should be doing on my own, or that they would rather be doing something else. Simple Consign has a GREAT customer support team! And you can't that about all companies!I tested out about 4 or 5 other POS systems before choosing Simple Consign, and the main feature I needed was having a set-up that would link my in-store inventory to my website. I needed a system that would easily allow me to keep my items in sync, and Simple Consign does it seamlessly! Plus after having looked at several other systems, I just liked the look and ease-of-use of the Simple Consign Back Office. Also, I LOVE that all of my info in in the cloud, so if I am away from the office, and need to know something, I can look at it on my phone! So cool!

Jordie MacDonald

#1 Software for Consignment Store

Reviewed 2018-10-26

any time we have run into an issue or had a question the customer service/tech support has been outstanding. They stand behind thier product and listen to the needs of thier customers.SimpleConsign rarely has any downtime or bugs. It works perfectly for our busy furniture consignment store. Although we are a Canadian company that pays monthly in US funds so it can be a pricy when the exchange rate isn't great, it is still worth it. We have recommended this software to others we know that also have consignment stores and will continue to recommend to our friends.

Bill Bangert

Good software for volunteers

Reviewed 2018-08-07

Our experience overall has been great. The reports are easy to run and the few that we've had to develop have worked well. Even though we use an external credit card processor, the interface with the software is easy to use.Our staff is completely volunteer, with the preponderance what is considered "elderly". (I don't think of them/us that way, but chronologically, it's true.) They have used Simple Consign for over a year, now, and have become completely comfortable with it. Most volunteer only one day a week, so the ease of use is paramount.

Nettie B.

Look no further, this is the software you need for your consignment business!

Reviewed 2015-02-06

After using a company for 10 years that claimed to be "The Resale Industry's Favorite Software System" I got wise and switched. I had been searching for a few years and finally came upon Simple Consign. If your just starting out, use this one! If you're wanting to switch, switch to this one - it's simple and I had over 6,000 consignors to switch over between 2 stores. After switching to this company I can see where every dollar that I make or payout is. Payouts are easy to track and this software won't randomly mark items down. I have been using Simple Consign for 9 months and I am in love!!! If you have a question/problem call them and they'll help. They go above and beyond to help you and don't have unrealistic customer service hours - they'll help you when you need it. The whole team is great and you can tell that they genuinely care about your business. In the short amount of time we've used Simple Consign the owner has even come to visit our out-of-state store. Features that are priceless to me include: everything is on-line so I can be on vacation and pull up on my phone the progress for the store on any given day. I run our Facebook page and if someone comments on our page asking about products we may or may not have in the store I can log on (while sitting on a beach anywhere) check our store's inventory and respond to their question in a timely manor. I love how it stores prices that I have previously priced something so I can price consistently or train someone else with ease. This feature works great if you have multiple locations so you're not pricing items differently. There's a lot to learn, but it's pretty simple and fun to explore all the features. 2 things that I wish Simple Consign did that it currently doesn't is: 1) provide a type of "want list" for people that are looking for a certain item and would like to be called if we get that item in. and 2) let my management team see how sales are progressing throughout the day and see end of day reports without them being able to see what we've made the entire week/month/year or what we owe consignors or anything else that isn't relevant to them. Overall since using Simple Consign it has taken a huge weight off my shoulders and let me become more of an owner and less of an operator.

Amy Weissfeld

We've used Traxia two years in a row for a one day swap that raises all the funds for our non-profit

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-15

Reliable easy to use system with great customer support. Will definitely use again.Pros: Ease of use - with initial help from Simple Consign's team, the system is super easy to use. They also have good documentation. I have had questions about the reports, but again, all my questions were answered and the reporting functionality is exactly what we needed. Reliability - with our entire budget resting on a one-day sale, having a system that's reliable was crucial. Working with their team, we built in a back-up system of wi-fi redundancy, but fortunately didn't need it. Not once did we have a problem with our internet, or the service. Customer service - the Simple Consign team patiently answered all my questions. And our big event was on the weekend, so they noted it on their calendar and prepared their tech support staff for my call, just in case. Didn't need any help. The system worked beautifully.

Darcy Volden

Best System I've Used

Reviewed 2014-02-25

I have been using SimpleConsign by Traxia for almost a year and I have been beyond impressed since my first initial contact with the company. The software does absolutely everything (and then some) that I need to smoothly run the technical aspect of my store from printing labels to inventory management to vendor management down to the POS system. It does so much stuff that I haven't even actually used all of it yet. I also really like that I can custom create any type of report I can conceive of. I love that it is web based so that I am not tethered to my storefront to complete work tasks. I can literally lay in bed or be at a customer's home and use the system while it's still running and working at my shop. The other thing that I love about it being web based is that I don't have to worry about having to be troubled by doing software updates or have to fear any data loss... ever. It is very user intuitive and doesn't require pouring through technical manuals to figure it out. It really is, in my opinion, simple as the name infers. They offer free interactive classes as well to help become acquainted with the software which I found extremely helpful. I've also been able to pick up the phone at any time and talk with technical support to ask questions and get help or advice (at no charge). The customer service has been nothing short of stellar. The SimpleConsign - Traxia staff has literally made me feel like I'm part of a family. I like that they are not some big "corporate" type of company... meaning, I never feel like a number when I contact them. They call me from time to time just to check-in to see how I'm doing and offer their help. I have even received personal hand-written holiday cards from the staff. It's the little stuff like that that speaks volumes to me. I have secretly hoped that they don't get bigger as a company so they don't lose the personal touch. Honestly, there really isn't anything negative I have to say about it. What I've noticed is that if anyone has anything that they are not particularly liking about the software they seem take those comments and suggestions to make improvements to it. They always seem like they are looking for ways to improve and make things better/easier for us.

Susan Hall

A great organization

Reviewed 2018-08-11

I resisted their services for several years because I was happy with the program I had. Then it crashed and I lost 44000 items. Luckily, I was BOR so I didn't have to deal with not knowing who owned what. I have loved every minute of their services. Every customer service call has been answered quickly and efficiently.Great customer service. Great value. Backs up to the cloud.

Karen Martin

Time Saver

Reviewed 2018-08-10

The best part of this company is their support. The staff is always friendly, patient and most importantly, available. I used to have to take a picture of a dress, download it to my computer, upload it to our website, write down the description, item number and price. Then when the dress sold, I had to go in and manually remove it from my site. With SimpleConsign, it was just that-SIMPLE! I can use the app on my phone to scan the tag on the dress and take a picture. Everything would automatically go onto my website and then be removed once the tag was scanned for purchase. This saved tons of time and also assured us that anything on our website was still in the store when customers would call or come in to see the item.

Carmen Wilson

We love Simple Consign!

Reviewed 2017-01-26

Simple Consign makes our employees' daily life so much easier. The program allows us to keep our store inventory organized between two shops, makes checkout a breeze, and lets us track customer spending and credit. It has a straightforward interface that is easy to learn for new employees. Plus their knowledgeable customer service is always willing to take time to troubleshoot problems when they occasionally come up. The program is an essential part of the organization key to our shop!Usability - friendly interface makes learning easy. Whenever an update occurs, we also receive an email and any changes often give us new tools to benefit our customers' experiences.

Catt Thompson

Perfect for Small Businesses or First Timers

Reviewed 2017-02-21
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a small family run Artisan Gallery & Consignment Store, we had been looking at all types of POS systems for our business. We had looked at at least 10 different systems until we finally found SimpleConsign. When we looked into it, not only were they reasonably priced since we were just starting out we didn't have a huge budget and had all of the features we could ever need plus a few more we have found ourselves using. On top of detailed sales tracking and inventory, you can integrate with QuickBooks, you can get all types of reports for taxes, market research, and quite a few we haven't even tried yet. The customer service is STELLAR, very friendly, always ready and willing to answer any question we might have, from the tiny ones about what a button does to technical problems. The system is web based, so we don't ever have to worry loosing our information because most of it is stored in the cloud, so if your power goes out more than likely you won't lose your work, in my experience. I would recommend this POS system to anybody. Stellar customer service, easy to use, reasonable price, compatibility, lots of features.