SimpleConsign Reviews

Julie N.

I like how easy it is to work with software. It is very user friendly and it has a variety of reports that can help you make daily decisions easier.

Hector T.

Very good program with tools that can help you analyze your business in a more effective and efficient way.

Hector T.

Jennifer H.

Jennifer H.

Checking out customers for purchases is a pain and the credit card machine has never worked with this program. Every card has to be manually entered.

Paula L.

Early Adopter Here

We've been very pleased with everything about this software. Most importantly (in my book) their customer service is VERY responsive and extremely helpful. Considering how much our operations rely upon their interface, any downtime would be catastrophic. The handful of times that we have had issues, they really have dropped everything to work with us to get it resolved in short order. That means pretty much everything for our store.

Pros

The software is very intuitive. We switched our software over from a piece-built Access system back in 2013, and there was a learning curve for staff, but it went very smoothly. For a high-volume consignment based store with over 7,000 consignors, I can't imagine using anything else. Additionally, being cloud-based means that when we have technological complications on one computer, we still have functionality.

Cons

There have been a few tweaks and customization changes that we have requested from the company that either haven't happened or have taken a long time to implement. Please understand, this is a minor issue, and they have become a very large company so we don't expect special treatment. The fact that this is the thing I like "least" is more testament to how great the bulk of our experience has been.

Thanks so much Eric. What a terrific review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We tweak and make changes to the system based on the number of requests we receive for a particular feature. We truly want SimpleConsign to be a customer-driven system. Believe me, we're listening to all of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Everything on my fingertips!

I have everything on my finger tips. Their support is awesome!

Pros

I love this software because of the ability to work anywhere and with every transaction or change I can see it, no need to be glued to the physical store. It has great reporting, I make my own custom reports, I really like that. I also like the fact that they are always trying to improve it...making it better for us users. Their training videos are a great tool when you forget how to do something. Overall I am well pleased with my decision of moving over to Simple Consign. I just wish they had Big Commerce also like they have shopify.

Cons

No Big Commerce, not connected to ebay...that would be very helpful, if they could connect our store to Big Commerce and eBay. Also it would be very helpful if it would have a weekly summary of sales report that it would generate a daily sales and than at the end a total of the week. I would like that because that will help me with my sales goals for next years projections. Just a daily report and than at the end of the week all dailys and the end total would be AWESOME!

Thank you so much for your review Martha, with our shopify integration that should open up a lot of other options like eBay. I will bring the rest of your ideas to our dev team, thanks so much!

Kids consignment store

For the most part it’s been great. Since adding the Shopify plug in and most of my business transferring to online now due to Covid I now am very frustrated with it. The customer service has been good but it’s a massive expensive for me for something that really doesnt totally work and yet I’m way to financially invested to change softwares to something that transitions with Shopify better. I hope to see some improvements and more help navigating this.

Pros

I find the software great for having both new & used items on one software. It’s pretty user friendly and any time I have an issue with it they call me back right away.

Cons

I’m having a pretty frustrating time with the ease of adding Shopify to it. It’s a lot of money to add the Shopify plug in and yet it’s quite archaic. I can’t really find anyone in Shopify that can actually help me because everything needs to be done through Traxia. I wish I could have a few hours with someone that is well versed in both Shopify and Traxia but there doesn’t seem to be such a person. The variants make my website super hard to navigate. I can’t add Facebook shopping or Instagram tagging because of this which has lost me so much business. It’s frustrating in these Covid times as I need all the help I can get and I don’t feel supported.

Thank you for your review Lizanne. When it comes to our Shopify plug in there are bound to be hiccups as both systems are completely independent of each other. The best course of action is to get your Traxia account set up and then get your Shopify set.

Traxia

Like I said earlier, this is a good product and the customer service has always been great when submitting a service ticket, lately that is not so much. Updates are done with no knowledge to us, the customer. When we have found errors to updates or ask a question about the recent updates through the service ticket procedure. We haven't gotten an answer, some times we have had to call the support number to see what is going on. Other times they say they will get back to you and they forget, so you have to follow up with them.

Pros

That all features are on one page. It is easy to training new associates.

Cons

That updates are done with out knowledge, and it can cause mistakes and they aren't found all the time by the team that did them. When an update is done and we have questions lastly we have emailed and gotten no response back on why and what happened. Customer service was one of the reason I used to recommend traxia, but lately that has not been a good experience. Reporting is good but still have a hard time finding or creating reports that work best for your store.

Hey Jennifer, thank you so much for your review. Over the past several months we have made it our goal to be even more transparent about updates, and we now include them in a weekly email for all our subscribers,

Recommended with No Hesitation

I am finding that inventory management has become much simpler by integrating Simpleconsign into my business. Everyday activities like tagging, uploading photos to my website, processing Items… Have become become much more streamlined and take less time - which saves me $ and stress. I have over 600 consignors, and now I am able, at a click, to access their account, answer their questions, and truly understand their activity. I feel I have much more visibility to my business, and it’s health, as a result of partnering with SimpleConsign.

Pros

I think the main feature, says it in the name. SimpleConsign… It is simple to use and intuitive. Clearly much thought was put into what features are needed most to run a consignment retail environment. It integrates beautifully with our Shopify website, and is well supported... with technicians responding almost immediately which is what is needed in a retail business space. I would highly recommend.

Cons

Given it requires remote integration (owner driving roll out from afar). I would’ve hoped for an ‘integration coordinator’ for my account. Having one individual from SimpleConsign triage issues, train, ensure account specific issues were addressed, and ensure all the ‘boxes were checked’ would have prevented extra work at my end. As well, SimpleConsign does not offer a platform that is formatted for phones. I do a lot of work remotely on my Apple phone, and find the platform hard to navigate from my phone.

Thank you for the review Michelle, usually during your setup process our onboarding specialist is there for you every step of the way. If you are having any issues please contact us at dennis@traxia.com to make sure someone can help you get taken care of ASAP.

Easy to Use and I know where I stand daily!

So, So glad I switched!

Pros

My store does consign and new product and simple consign handles it all! I used a different product for a number of years and keeping track of my new items was a nightmare. I love how easy Simple Consign is to keep track of all of our new inventory and to make changes. The History portion is very helpful. Simple Consign has easy integration with my online store. The fact that Simple Consign gives you...

Cons

I would love it the POS system integrated with your choice of a credit card company. Reports can be a challenging to figure out at first.

Thanks Michelle! We are continually looking at new processors to fit our customers needs. Thank you so much for being a great partner, and we look forward to many more years of success!

Excellent Product

Excellent. We moved from a Google Sheets entry system to Simple Consign and it has made our lives much easier.

Pros

Easy to install and set up. Lots of flexibility in use. Keeps track of hundreds of consignors and thousands of products

Cons

Limited search options - i.e. in layaway. No fuzzy logic - for example, if a product name is misspelled, the program will not find it.

Simple Consign had definitely saved us so much time!

Overall I really like Simple Consign. I used to hand write tags and keep a spreadsheet. I love that I can do all the things I need to in one program.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to track everything.

Cons

When something sells online it doesn't always take them out of inventory and we get double orders. Also it seems as though when there is an update we have a lot of errors.

Thank you for the review Dana, with Shopify sometimes they update something on their end that messes with what we have on our end. That being said, your issue should never happen. I am having support reach out to you to make sure that your shopify plugin is working correctly and items are being marked as sold after selling.

Love it but not the price hike

Pros

The customer service is fantastic. Any trouble I’ve had, which is rare, is immediately solved. They’ve also helped me a great deal just with setup and occasionally with reports I’d like to run.

Cons

It’s pricey. I was fine with the original Price of $199 but it jumped to $279 a month. Not much you can do about that after your whole business is setup and that’s a pretty big hike.

Hello Molly! Thank you for your honest review, it is our goal to continually improve our core software, and our shopify plugin, so that every user feels that our software is a great value.

Long time simple consign user

Pros

this software is super easy to use you dont have to be a tech genious

Cons

the monthly cost is the worst part of the software

Thank you for your review Misti!

I couldn't imagine running a consignment business without it!

SimpleConsign is an immense help with inventory management in a consignment situation. I could not survive without this type of inventory management system. A big plus is that they are nice people to deal with!

Pros

The overall inventory management of SimpleConsign makes it easy to manage consignors. The most difficult part of the consignment business is managing inventory and this program has helped. Custom reports are easy to create and download as a CSV to use a spreadsheet program to create better forms. Since we also hold online auctions, the custom forms can be used to create a dataset to upload to the auction site. Also, the folks at Traxia have to be commended about their responsiveness to customer service. Even over the weekends, someone will answer even though most issues could wait until Monday. I switched from another product and glad I did.

Cons

The software is not pretty. It looks like it was developed over 20 years ago and has not been redesigned. That is not an issue except that too many UI elements are small or not laid out well for eyes that are aging. Although a mature piece of software is good, it also shows the problems of adding features upon features. An example of the added-on features that feels as if it was bolted-on is the way...

Hey Scott, thank you so much for your review! Currently our number 1 priority is making features that work. When building on top of an already established software you have to keep in mind how every feature will effect every other feature. This can sometimes create a less than ideal look and feel for certain features, but again our number 1 priority is making sure the feature actually works.

Very easy to use and affordable consignment software

Overall we are very happy. As a small store, SimpleConsign has all the features that we need at a price we can afford. The software has been easy to use, stable and support has been very fast to respond to any questions or issues we might have. We can work around the minor issues with little extra effort and our vendors love the real time access to their accounts and the ease of adding inventory. We would recommend any consignment store or vendor mall seriously look at SimpleConsing as their POS software.

Pros

The best aspect of SimpleConsign is the ease of use for both our store and our vendors. It is simple to add/edit/remove inventory or convert vendor inventory if abandoned. Consigner Access allows for direct uploading of inventory into the POS system by the vendor. Having bar codes on items eliminates the majority of errors in recording vendor sales and allows for faster chekout. Vendors do not have...

Cons

As this software was designed for consignment and we use it in a vendor mall the "Status" field becomes confusing to new vendors when an item changes from "Active" to "Expired". Vendors tend to think that the item is no longer available for sale. When a vendors sales do not exceed their rent and they have to do a "Pay In" the receipts that print out are fortune cookie size slips. A full size receipt...

Without hesitation- a true winner

Overall experience: They use a 10 point scale to rate level of satisfaction. I need more like a 50 point scale. I just cant thank Simple Consign enough for always being there. It is such a pleasure to work with team that truly understands customer service. Attitude, professionalism, knowledge base--- they have it all and deliver it with the highest regard for their customers. Just love it and love them!

Pros

Where do I begin? Let me start with their OUTSTANDING customer support. They are fast at responding, patient as they walk you thru solutions ( teach you as they do) and truly know their product features. Probably the most outstanding service I have received from any vendor. As for the software itself- tremendous! I feel like I could not do my job without this software (and their support). It provides...

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. When I run into a problem, all I have to do is call customer support and BINGO- they walk me thru a solution. There was 1 occasion when I wanted to do something and that particular function could not be done HOWEVER with the help of the support crew, they came up with an alternative that worked perfect. They go the extra mile 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day

Wow, Lynn, thanks! We appreciate your phenomenal review. Thanks for your incredible encouragement and loyalty too. You've actually been a customer of ours since 2014! It's wonderful customers like you that make us work that much harder. Thanks again!

More than I need but everything I want

I've been using SimpleConsign since I opened up my business 5 years ago. I have toyed with the idea of switching to shopify as it has a few bells and whistles that Simple Consign does not. Namely an app and also a bulit in website builder. However., the online access tool far outweighs both of those conveniences and until someone can compete in that aspect, I will remain a loyal customer to Simple Consign.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ability to run reports for my vendors at the drop of a hat. I have a vintage collective and have 40 vendors who sell at my location. I do all the book-keeping for them and some of them are very disorganized. As long as I have put good and thorough information into the system at the time of the sale, including notes if necessary, I can go back at any time of the year and look up the sale and see what the circumstances surrounding the purchase were. I also love the online look up tool that the vendors can use themselves. Saves me TONS of time in phone calls answering questions about daily sales. Total lifesaver. Plus I push that expense back onto my vendors so I don't have to absorb that cost.

Cons

some of the terminology absolutely doesn't apply to my business model and there is no flexibility in changing it. I also would like a bit more options when it comes to running a custom report. I have a very limited capability to define my own parameters for sales reports other than the "canned" reports already built into the software. MAIN COMPLAINT: NEEDS AN APP FOR THE PHONE /TABLET ETC~!!!

Elizabeth, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for 5 years of partnering with SimpleConsign. We're always interested to hear what our customers need so we appreciate you sharing. Hopefully, we'll be able to earn 5 stars on everything for you soon! Your loyalty matters!

Took my business to the Next Level.

There are still a lot of features that I just haven't had time to learn how to use. I personally don't do well with "on-line training" and haven't taken the time to do all the training that's available. But the helpdesk is very responsive and normally helps me resolve any issues I'm having in a very timely manner. Thanks for that!

Pros

Simple Consign helped me stop running my retail shop like a "multi-family garage sale". I no longer had to keep tags, tally consignor accounts manually using paper tickets and manually calculate and write checks at the end of each month. Game changer for me.

Cons

I don't love the fact that I have to pay for this service every month FOREVER for as long as I'm in business. But I realize it's become part of the cost of doing business and is the way the software industry is headed as a whole. I also still feel the aesthetics and functionality of the online is cumbersome to customers and not as seemless as I thought it was going to be when I added that service....

Love the software... wish it a few more options and a cell phone app for consignor and business ownr

Much easier to inventory and check customers out. Much easier to manage consignor's sales and payouts than anything other software I researched. Also the fact that it's web based eliminates many reliability issues that can effect other similar systems. Much easier to track sales and trends throughout the day, month and year.

Pros

I love the bar coded price tag system that allows the consignor to enter their items into their inventory themselves. Love the bar code price tags (much more accurate and faster checkout process). Love the online account for the consignors to monitor sales. Love that it is a web based system so we don't have to rely on an in house computer (that could crash). Love that the software is accessible anywhere. This feature is particularly helpful for the business owner who has the capability to check sales reports, etc.. when not at the store.

Cons

There really needs to be a Simple Consign iPhone app both for the Consignors and for the business owner. The current system is only accessible through an internet browser on a cell phone (which limits the size of the pages size and is also very slow). A cell phone app would be very helpful especially when introducing the system to a new consignor. It would also be nice to be able to set a discount...

Stop looking for a new or different consignment/resale software YOU JUST FOUND IT!

I've used this product for 3+ years. Love it!! I've been in business for almost 14 years and switched from a company based out of FL that was horrendous, but the best available at the time. This software company has been a lifesaver to my business and I am so grateful to have found them. My customers have noticed and love the change!!

Pros

Extremely easy to use If (and rarely) would you need support these guys/gals are the best and enjoyable to talk to. IT guy who? I no longer need one You can search your system to find out what you priced a similar item before and then just click "Add Similar" to quickly add that item. Love the accessibility of the software on my phone using their app. Easy to keep track of multiple stores I can...

Cons

To make it perfect: Seriously feel like I'm living in the early 90's with all my post-it notes for different people wanting/looking for certain items and wanting a call when I get them in. A way to help me keep track of some sort or "Wanted Items" and then when I entered that item it would alert me that "so & so" is looking for that item would be SWEET!! There's not great loyalty program linked with this (still using an outside source that I'm extremely happy with)

AMAZING company! The BEST in consignment software!

Pros

My team at Taylor Bug’s loves the system because it is easy to use. They think it is super easy to add store inventory and the option to search for consignors and customers. I am thankful for the value that we also receive for all the services that are provided! From the moment we contacted Traxia I have been SUPER IMPRESSED and pleased! I know the importance of partnering with companies that...

Cons

After doing inventory with hand written tags for a year I switched to a download template software. It was AWFUL! I then came across Traxia SimpleConsign on-line. After reading the reviews, assessing the costs, and using the trial version I knew that it was a perfect fit for my store! With over 1,000 consignors and 11,000 inventory items my store is able to provide records that were not even possible...

Thank you for your review Tiffany!

This is the best consignment software you will find

I've had a great experience with them and would definitely use their service again if I open a second shop.

Pros

It is easy to use once you learn how it works, it allows flexibility to either let consignors check their own account or to check for them, and the customer service is excellent. They are always quick to respond and have helped me numerous times with tech questions even when it's not software related!

Cons

I wish you could apply more than one credit card payment to a single purchase so that folks could use a gift credit card and pay the balance with their regular card but this issue is minor in the grand scheme of things. Also, I wish the formatting for tags was a bit more flexible. I would love to print a butterfly jewelry tag with the consignor info right next to the price so that we could just use one half of the tag when we are tight for space (on the backs of small earring cards). Right now, the format sets the price on one end of the butterfly tag and the date and consignor info on the other so that we have to manually cut each price tag and put both pieces on the backs of earring cards. It's a small thing but takes time when you're putting in orders of 50+ pieces at a time.

Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. Have I got good news for you! We've just added new integrated credit card processors that allow you to take split payments! Contact Support ASAP and get switched over. Thanks for believing in us!

Highly recommended!

Having worked at another consignment shop for 19 years, I really wanted to use the same software when I opened my own shop because it was familiar and cheap to run. However, the familiar software didn't have online access for consignors, something that is very important in this market and worth every dime! Using Simple Consign has shown me how many features weren't available in the other software. As someone who doesn't get along well with technology, the support staff was amazing in helping me get started and continues to be amazing when I need assistance. Their response time is phenomenal.

Pros

The initial set up and training went really smoothly with Simple Consign; the support team took even took over dealing with the inept company that was setting up my hardware, saving me a ton of stress. This software is very user friendly. I'm sure that there are a lot of features that I haven't even taken advantage of using yet! My consignors are thrilled to be able to check their accounts online.

Cons

I've gotten feedback from a few people that they had difficulty going back into their account history; it would be more convenient if it was available at a glance without having to change dates to try and find items from older consignment periods.

Overall great software

We have had simple consign for years now and love it!

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Many features we use every day.

Cons

I wish the online integration was better. We canceled our website because they couldn't get shopify to recognize as things were selling in our store

Hey Ambur, thank you so much for your review. We totally understand your frustration with the Shopify plugin. When we first launched the plug-in we had a handful of stores using it, 2 months in and we hit a global pandemic and suddenly the amount of people who are using the plug-in skyrockets. This allowed for us to find issues we didn't even know were present before and address them, the inventory issue you mentioned being one of those issues. This issue was unfortunate for stores but the important thing is that with so many confirmed incidences we were able to pinpoint the issue and resolve it.

Simple Consign Review

Pros

The ability to split consignor payouts between in-store credit and cash payout (for which I have different splits). For example, my consignors receive 40% of their item sales if they take their credit as cash, or 50% of their item sales if they use their credit for in-store purchases. SimpleConsign is the only software system on the market (that I've found so far) that makes it easy for a customer to use some of their credit in-store and then take the remainder as cash. I also like the specificity of the reports feature, and how easy reports are to customize.

Cons

I wish the software linked with QuickBooks Online. I wish there was a way to view Consignor Credit AND Store Credit (from returns and gift card balances) on the same screen. As it is, it is hard to explain to customers and train employees why we don't always see their store credit when checking their consignor credit. I wish Store Credit was listed when consignors login to the online portal to check their account. I wish that the status changed from Active to Sold when store-owned inventory quantity reached zero. As it stands, the status remains Active while the quantity changes to zero. I wish SimpleConsign integrated with Gravity Payments.

easy to use, very clear

We run a 100% consignor store so tracking and paying out our consignors is really organised with simple consign. this software is imperative for tweaking our business economy.

Pros

It is easy to teach new staff how to use. very straight forward tabs for different areas of the software. everything is very simple when adding accounts and inventory. The business overview tools are great. I love the reports.

Cons

I have been through hell trying to print barcode price labels for my products. I couldnt seem to get clear information concerning the label printer that i needed to order and the label size. I was very inexperienced in this area and really need some more committed help. The printer that I ended up buying isnt 100% supported by the print service software EDNA, that is the Zebra ZD220 and I have an unreliable communication between the APP and the printer. It has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. I've paid $400 to have IT specialists come and look. Traxia support want able to rectify the problem. This is my only complaint about the software and I am sure in time this problem will be ironed out even if it has been costly.

Thank you for your review Zella, I am sorry this happened to you, and I'm sure it's very frustrating. I will have support reach out to you.

Simple Consign

Everyone at Simple Consign is very helpful. We always have great customer service and we know that they are trying to fix/change the things we want/need but it isn't always possible. We also realize that many of our issues are because we aren't consignment but Resale. So there are many things/options/functions that Simple Consign offers that we don't need or use.

Pros

We like the reports but could use more customized reports. We like many of the options but feel a lot of them are not for the sales people and should be manager only functions. We like that everything can be viewed from all locations

Cons

We want to format the tags but can't. Certain things on reports don't make sense and are hard to figure out if you have multiple sites. The customer profiles are too specific to location that info was entered. We want to see everything including loyalty points on the Customer tab not location specific. Every new transaction needs to prompt for new pin number. Can not process 2 credit cards for 1 transaction. Many customers want to use 2 credit cards to make their purchase.

Thank you for leaving a review Teresa. We really do appreciate it. The Tech Support guys can help you set up some custom reports. There are some other things we offer as well, such as splitting payments between cards.. Contact Tech and let's figure out how to make your SimpleConsign experience better. Thanks again

Great Software!

Great experience - the product and customer service is wonderful!

Pros

Very user friendly - visually clear, logical, and well organized. Customizeable - easy to adapt this system to our specific needs, run custom reports, use some features but not others etc.

Cons

Updates often seem to change layout or visual details that seem unnecessary - eg: fade effect on calendar setting, while there are other features we would love to see updates on to improve function eg: ability to discount multiple items at once, but not having to discount the entire sale. Or the ability to see trends of sales data on different time frequencies - monthly, yearly, etc instead of just "all time". However, some changes that we have wanted to see have been implemented, which is wonderful! eg: search function in brands feature. Is there a connection to QuickBooks?

Sara, Thanks for taking the time to respond. We appreciate you titling it "Great Software!" We do connect with the installed version of Quickbooks and we're working on an integration with the online version as well. Check with Tech Support about discounting items at the time of sale. Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a 10 out of 10!