TreePlotter INVENTORY Reviews

TreePlotter INVENTORY

GIS software for field data collection

TreePlotter INVENTORY

Review Summary

Pros

I love the ease of access and understanding for new users and residents of our city (Grand Rapids).

The ability to manually plot locations as well as geolocating with your phone or tablet with pretty good accuracy is more than I can say for some other softwares I've used.

Brian B.

Manage your Forest Management processes quickly and efficiently with this great tool. Very easy to use and learn to use, thanks to its specially designed function menus.

Eduardo G.

Cons

Over time, many mistakes were made planting trees of the wrong specie and in the wrong locations for the health of the turf, for maintenance, and from a golf course architectural perspective.

Ralph G.

PG solved this problem with the offline functionality.

Nathan S.

The offline collection features aren’t the same as the online.

Daniel M.

Commercial User

When managing large commercial or large residential sites data collection and review is usually the most difficult part. The client usually does not know what he has on property and what services he needs now or in the next year. Collecting the data and presenting the information to the client can help them use their budget efficiently. Most of the time site managers do not realize the clarity that can be provided by implementing a product like this.

Pros

Property management has become simple and profitable through the use of the software. From the beginning consultation with the client all the way through to delivery of the management plan, Tree Plotter has the data we need.

Cons

During the collection process the app has a tendency to slow down when a picture is taken and saved to multiple trees. The best way to overcome this deficiency is to log out, refresh and/or delete browser history and cookies.

Thank you for the review and feedback Brian! We appreciate it. Great to see the tool being used to further your business and communicate with clients. Please let us know if we can do anything for you!

Best Tree Inventory Software Available

when we first looked into a tree inventory system, we were looking to solve specific data managemnt issues. little did we know how quickly Tree Plotter would be come the center of our operations. The quality of our reports improved as well as all aspects of our tree data services; resulting in our revenue doubling within the first year. The trajectory has continued to climb ever since. We would not be where we are to day had we not invested in Tree Plotter when we did.

Pros

High customization. Support. Comprehensive data collection, filtering, management of data.

Cons

There is a lot of features and functionality to the program that can take a little time to become familiar with. Support is great and is there as needed to walk yo through any issues.

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for that awesome review! As one of our long standing clients, we really do appreciate your loyalty and all the feedback you have provided over the years. Here's to many more! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Review for tree plotter volunteer registration site

The staff were really accessible and responsive to questions. The process of transitioning from Moqup to the actual site was difficult. There was some functionality in the Moqup site that was lost in the transition. One big change was that the data in the final site has to be entered into a spreadsheet where in the Moqup site, we were entering right into a Form which was way faster. With the hand...

Pros

The map feature is neat and allows viewers to see where our projects are located. I appreciated the amount of time staff took to review with me and address my questions and concerns.

Cons

The data entry into spreadsheet is slow and a little clunky. Entering data into a form would be much more efficient, then being able to export it into a spreadsheet vs having to enter directly into the spreadsheet. Template does not leave a lot of opportunity for photo images, more updated and dynamic look. I do recognize that the more customized options can be purchased.

Hi Lina, Thank you so much for your honest review! Even with the staff and scope changes, we tried to accommodate every need to the best of our ability. If you ever feel like there is room for improvements regarding your TreePlotter application, please don't hesitate to reach us at support@planitgeo.com. We're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Tree Plotter Operations Review

Very pleased and excited about new features they are continuing to come up with.

Pros

Easy, dynamic and robust way to capture data that was very much needed for our organization. Gives me the ability as administrator to create and assign work duties with supporting documentation.

Cons

Some of the features have been a bit confusing to general public (ie: color coding of trees, how to make Service request) but that is probably more about education on our end.

Hi Andi, Thank you so much for the awesome review! It's been a pleasure working with you and the rest of your team to ensure that everyone is up to speed and using TreePlotter to its full potential. As always, make sure to reach out to support@planitgeo.com with any questions. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

A must have in our industry.

We have had an exceptional experience using Tree Plotter and dealing with the PlanIt Geo team. The functionality and feature packed software has allowed us to save massive amounts of time. It has streamlined the way we deal with clients and their trees and having all of our clients, both large and small in one place is a must. We have increased productivity as a result of using the user friendly interface and our clients have access to view their data, creating a completely transparent work flow for all.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality and an absolute time saver. Being able to customize data attributes and run reports In a matter of seconds makes Tree Plotter our go to client and tree data management software. The client support is great and the team is always willing to assist with any questions or customizations we may require. The user centric interface makes collecting, managing and mapping data a straight forward process which saves us time in the field and in the office.

Cons

Possibly a more customizable map export function where legends and symbology can be changed to represent more specific attributes.

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your honest and detailed review! We really do appreciate you taking the time to share your TreePlotter experience with us. We work hard to meet expectations like yours and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you! Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Support/Help Desk

The tool has helped us with closing deals, explaining to our clients a scope of work and seeing trees plotted keeps our work laser focused. The down side is that it’s cumbersome to use, I don’t have time to “discover” features and I know we are not utilizing the software to its full potential.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Company have been extremely supportive during our use of the software. The system can easily be modified to suit our specific needs. When reaching out, the response time is immediate with the recommended solution or directions on how to accomplish the task.

Cons

The software is cumbersome and confusing. There are duplicate ways to do certain things. I feel categorizing items into specific buckets would help. It takes five steps to do one thing

Hi Maria, Thank you for your honest and well thought out review! We are constantly looking for ways to improve TreePlotter's functionality and streamline workflows where applicable. I encourage you to reach out to us at support@planitgeo.com to go over any pending questions you may have and if needed, we can even schedule a short training meeting to go over certain features of the app that you may not be utilizing or be aware of. We're here to help! Abel & PlanIT Geo

A Tool For Urban Forestry

Our ability including the efficiency we experience tracking each and every tree we plant in neighborhoods throughout the city of Albuquerque is significantly enhanced by using the Tree Plotter program. We are able to train novice neighborhood leaders in its use providing them with faster and more accurate accounting of the trees being placed. We are able to create reports on when where and how many...

Pros

The ability to use a tablet or smart phone. This makes the tool readily accessible, even to those who are computer shy.

Cons

There were things we wanted to do that were not possible because of the software layout. These limitations were disappointing, but not a game breaker.

Wow, thank you so much for the great review, Kelly! It's been a pleasure working with you and the rest of the team over at Tree New Mexico. It fills me with joy knowing how much value TreePlotter brings to your organization. Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Tree Plotter taking Roots in Bennington

I use the Tree Plotter mostly to create and update our ever changing City Tree inventory but use it equally to assess risk in our parks and Arboretums. I enjoy the portability and it helps me plan ahead for our future plantings and tree development.

Pros

While I have only used Tree Plotter for less than a year, it is one of my most useful Arborist tools in my arsenal. We have been able to create an inventory of the City's trees (still a work in progress), identify the species, assess the tree health and condition, identify all the Ash trees and create a list of the ones we want to treat and the ones we want to remove, assess any potential public...

Cons

There is very little that has been overlooked with this software. If there was anything that is lacking, I have yet to find it. The functionality is very intuitive and easy to use.

Wow, thanks for the amazing review John! I'm so happy to hear not only that you're using TreePlotter to its full potential but also how much value it brings to the City of Bennington. As always, happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

The Best Way To Stay Organized

Overall, I like that this software is relatively easy to use, highly customizable, and is integrated with many of the programs we already use. I only wish that it was more compatible with similar programs to make collaboration with our partner organizations easier.

Pros

I like that this software is very customizable and can be built to serve our organization's specific needs, which helps us stay really organized. I also like that TreePlotter has export to Excel capabilities and Google Maps integration.

Cons

I wish the admin level users had even more editing/customization capabilities and control over the order of specific fields. I also wish there was better cross compatibility with other similar programs as not all the organizations we work with use TreePlotter.

Hi Marcella, Wow, thank you so much for that awesome review! It fills me with joy to hear how much you and your organization have benefited from using TreePlotter for the last couple of years! Thank you for your continued support. Here's to many more! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Useful for Tree Maintenance and Urban Forest Management

Overall Treeplotter is a great mapping service but our needs are starting to look too small for what they offer. I can see how, if we were a medium to large organization caring for trees year round all across the a city, Treeplotter would be amazing for tree care and updates on tree needs. There are so many options and customizations that there are endless platform changes. We use it partially because the city uses it also.

Pros

First, the customer service has been outstanding. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful with tips and tricks and editing user roles to help fit what we need. He is very quick to get back to me by email and video chat. Second, this software is great for entities that need to maintain trees or manage urban forests closely for disease, wounds and pruning needs. There is so much that it offers for large scale operations.

Cons

In redefining our organization we do not need many of the features that Treeplotter provides. We are not maintaining the trees beyond watering and possibly pruning a few years down the road. The main need for us is as a way to document trees we have delivered and planted or to invite the public to showcase their trees. Treeplotter does not allow anyone without an account to add in trees. So as an administrator I have to manually add people so they can add a tree or use a third party map for them to add trees then I add them to Treeplotter myself.

Wow Jessi, thank you so much for that honest and detailed review! It's truly been a pleasure working with you and Sarah these last few months. Here's to many more! Happy plotting! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Plan-it Geo is a professional, hard-working company with a fantastic product I'm proud to use.

With Tree Plotter we engage the public to plot private yard trees on our map, view public trees, and take self-guided tree walks. This enables us to better understand the composition of our urban forest and associated ecosystem benefits calculations. Not to mention, people will learn about the trees around them and hopefully become more informed about trees and advocate for planting and proper care. Tree Plotter also allows us to track our organization's tree planting and tree care activities on a digital map, for the first time! We also engage volunteers to survey trees in several programs, providing regular data on the status and needed care for young urban trees.

Pros

Our organization needed a platform to 1) engage the public in plotting trees, and 2)help us manage our programs better. We reviewed several tree mapping software programs/providers, and chose to subscribe to Plan-it Geo's Tree Plotter system because we felt that the team and products would best suit our needs for the present and near future. The customer service is fast and attentive, with a skilled...

Cons

As Plan-it Geo grows and evolves, we hope they will continue to take our suggestions to allow us (clients) the ability to customize some things on our own. It really helps speed things up if we are able to make some changes to our Tree Plotter map structure without asking them first. I think the only thing that is still an issue is some slowness and incompatibility with various Apple devices. It works great on android devices I've used, but many of our users with iPhones can have a tougher time with loading the map/features quickly. Any other things we've expressed a desire to see changed has been taken into consideration and they've shown that they value our feedback and make changes based on client wishes - which is awesome!

Elise- Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thought out review! We appreciate you taking the time to do so! We've enjoyed working with you and your team to help make Tree Plotter work for you all, and look forward to doing so into the future. Thanks again! Matt & Plan-It Geo

Easy to learn, easy to use, and accurate. Reports are great!

Pros

I work in the Idaho Community Forestry Program. The State is supplying Tree Plotter at no cost to Idaho cities so that a statewide tree inventory is developed. It's easy to train volunteers or employees to use, it's cloud based including photos of the individual trees. And, the reports generated from inventory results offer much needed information that influences urban forestry management and planning decisions. The accuracy of the GPS coordinates is terrific, this helps not only for street trees, but for locating trees growing in parks and green ways. Data collection can be done using any device that has an internet connection, eliminating the need for expensive equipment such as a Trimble.

Cons

Tree Plotter uses Bing or Google maps. It's been my experience that one or the other contains more current imagery. But when you log on to collect data, Bing maps are the default map, even though Google maps may be more current. I'd like it if there were a way to set the default to whichever map was more useful. Also, at least in the Idaho Tree Plotter program, when collecting DBH information, only even inch measurements can be recorded. Measuring growth over time, especially in younger trees, requires measurements to the 1/10th of an inch to accurately assess how vigorous a tree is growing.

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy Tree Plotter is helping you be more effective in caring for Idaho's urban forests. Our new App Manager will be out soon that will allow you to customize things like default base map, and fields and values. We will keep you posted when this is released. Thanks again! -Evan

Tree Plotter is SO Much MORE then a Tree Inventory System

The customizing process was very well handled by the Plan-It Geo staff. They asked lots of questions and made quick changes and updates as Forestry staff began to use the software and found things they didn't like or wanted in another place in the database. As Forestry staff have continued to evolve the database whenever they needed assistance with Tree Plotter by either sending an email or by using the in app support responses were quick.

Pros

Completely customizable to include whatever information you want to collect. Scalable to your needs: Tree Plotter can be a simple, basic tree inventory database or by adding desired modules it can become a full fledged work management system. Or you can do appraisals or risk assessments. Its up to your needs and budget. Information can be exported for use in ArcGIS. Some lists you can edit yourself such as adding tree species, there by speeding up adding new trees to your inventory and not needing to send a support ticket to have a tree name added.

Cons

By fully customizing and scaling the software up with modules it can take a little while to understand where different parts of your data is located and how to use the filters to find what you want. Cellular and Wi-Fi connections or having a very large database can slow down the process of adding data. However Tree Plotter does have work around for this such as off line data.

Thank you for the detailed review Greg! We appreciate you taking the time to do so, and your feedback is always valued. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with!

Review from John Harris of Earth Advisors

The simplistic user interface makes it easy to learn and use, but having the data input window scroll and reset each time a data field is entered takes time to scroll back to the next data field to enter and is frustrating. The background aerial photos work well, but we want to be able to zoom to smaller scale in the Google Earth Map than the overall Tree Plotter subscription for the aerials allows....

Pros

Operates well in any mobile device we have used from tablets and handheld data recorders to phones. The real time and multi user environment allows us to both monitor our staff in the field and also for everyone to work cooperatively in completing inventories and damage assessments. We use Tree Plotter for full landscape inventories and contractor work audits, as well as tree surveys and tree inventories.

Cons

We do not want our work, or our client list, to be visible to others, as we have many competitive advantages and legally protected work products in our projects. Having our Tree Plotter account visible to anyone who can enter the url has been an issue for us that we want resolved so our account is not publically visible at all.

Hi John- Thanks for the review! We appreciate it. Also, we'll be reaching out regarding the data visibility you mentioned and hopefully taking care of that for you.

Best Tree Inventory Software

My experience has been great. I love the customer service.

Pros

I think the best thing about tree plotter is the visual layout of the trees and the search capabilities. It makes it really easy and fun to interact with the software. Also, the fact that tree plotter can be customized to the needs of my organization makes it fit our work flow really nicely. Probably the best part about tree plotter is the customer service and the fast response I get from Tree Plotter developers.

Cons

I think some of the work flows to do with work management could be streamlined more. Also, it would be nice if tree plotter had some kind of calendar feature built in where we could pull up a schedule of work and due dates.

Thank you so much for that thought out review Dylan! We pride ourselves on having a very versatile product with a great support staff to back it up. We actually have two rounds of updates coming out this summer in regards to the Work Order Management so stay tuned! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Tree Plotter in Local Government

Ability to provide quick feedback and reporting to management.

Pros

Functionality is great and it has many reporting tools to use for Urban Forest Management. Great IT support!

Cons

Much of the systems is still not available in metric measurement, although it is being worked on I believe. The CTLA Valuation system is difficult to work with.

Hi Pieter, Thank you so much for the honest review! While some components of TreePlotter cannot currently handle the metric system (e.g. Ecosystem Benefits module), most of the app is completely customizable and able to meet the needs of our international clientele. Our support team is top notch so make sure to continue to reach out to us with any questions. Cheers! Abel & PlanIT Geo

A necessary tool for communication

Tree Plotter has become an essential tool of communication in our daily operations. We brought Tree Plotter into our Consulting Operations as a means to offer our same premium level consulting services to a wider range of clients. We have had success with that goal, and have realized a "TREEmendous" benefit of better communication internally between management, sales, and production staff. We utilize Tree Plotter to create maps for our various Plant Health Care treatments. These maps allow our sales staff to efficiently gather data for these treatments and easily share high quality maps to our production staff to access from their smart phones in the field. We could not be happier!

Pros

The design of Tree Plotter is user-friendly and professionally functional.

Cons

The early days (2015) required an internet connect to utilize the app. This was difficult for some of our rural and remote client properties. PG solved this problem with the offline functionality!

Nathan, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this well thought out review! We have certainly come a long way from when we first started and continuously work to push the bar higher and higher. Thanks for being such a great client throughout all these years. We really appreciate your business! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Tree Plotter Review

This has been incredibly helpful for our data collection methods, which were previously collected on paper then inputted in to the computer. It has streamlined this process to a great extent!

Pros

Efficient data collection. Ease of use. Data compilation to show summary. Sorting capabilities.

Cons

Have had some glitches, including data incorrectly calculating. Difficulty to attach photos in the field (however that may be a problem with our connection..) Would like to have parcel information available - click for property owner info would be helpful.

Thanks for the review Katie! We are glad that Tree Plotter has helped your workflow. Adding parcel information is certainly possible within the application and can be done a few different ways depending on the data format.

Tree Plotter Review

Pros

The customization and features offered are far superior to the previous inventory software we were using.

Cons

The Tree Risk Assessment Module does not reflect the complete TRA form and could be improved.

Thanks for the great review Stacy! Glad to hear that you love TreePlotter and its versatile functionality. We are always looking for ways to increase the value of the add on modules and that process starts with our users input so I really appreciate your feedback! Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Great product and support

I use Tree Plotter to map trees on townhome association properties that we do lawn and tree maintenance on. It is great to be able to give the production crews a map and spreadsheet listing the trees they need to work on.

Pros

I love this software! The company is very good about always updating it based a lot on customer feedback and requests. Customer support is great and they always respond quickly. My issues are sometimes self inflicted but I think I have helped them improve the product based on my suggestions.

Cons

Nothing that hasn't been fixed.

Chris, thank you so much for that great review! We love providing our clients with the tools they need to be more efficient with their business. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Tree Plotter is key to our success

We use Tree Plotter to communicate with our in house tree crews and contractors to save time. We also use it to track health and size.

Pros

Tree Plotter is very easy to use and the support is terrific. One one occasion, I deleted the majority of our data. One quick phone call and everything was restored.

Cons

Its not the easiest software to use in the field.

Thanks for the awesome review, Luke! We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and quality of service at PlanIT Geo and are always here to help. Make sure to reach out to us with any questions you may have including how to maximize the software's performance out in the field. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Consultants must have!

Pros

Very comprehensive and customizable Everything a consult needs to inventory or document trees and plants. Increases productivity and reduces the time need to write professional reports. And most of all my competitors don’t have it and I have a great competitive advantage, haven’t lost a project since I purchased Tree Plotter.

Cons

The offline collection features aren’t the same as the online. While it is very functional it would be nice to have it updated.

Thank you for taking the time to review, Daniel! We love hearing about our clients taking full advantage of TreePlotter! We recently released our biggest software update in years which includes a major overhaul to the reports section. If you haven't checked that out I highly encourage you to do so. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

Great support staff!

Pros

The support staff are excellent! They are quick to respond to challenges.

Cons

Not as user friendly (public interface-wise) as we hoped it would be

Corinne, thank you so much for your review! We are constantly trying to improve TreePlotter's interface and have it be more streamlined for our users. We actually just released our biggest update in years and think you will find it to be very useful. As always, feel free to contact us at support@planitgeo.com with any additional questions or concerns you may have. Thanks again! Abel & PlanIT Geo

My experience with Tree Plotter has been nothing but positive. Supportive staff and easy of use!

Pros

The Customer service and frequent webinars/training is one of the best aspects of this product. It takes a lot of the confusion out of a software that offers so many different functional options. The folks here are always looking to improve the functionality and make it easier for the end-user to achieve their individual needs and goals.

Cons

This has already been addressed and at this time, and I have no complaints with the software itself.

Thanks so much for the review Cory! We are glad you have had such a positive experience. As you know we're always here to help. You can reach us at support@planitgeo.com Thanks again! Matt & Plan-It Geo