eFax Corporate Reviews

eFax Corporate

Secure online fax-by-email service

eFax Corporate

Review Summary

Pros

It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. EFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome.

Read the full review
Ease of use for end users. Ability to use security technology like SSL and TLS to encrypt the message transmissions.

Sam L.

Read the full review
Easy to use and convenient. You receive it like a scan and could save it as a PDF.

Trang L.

Read the full review

Cons

Tried again and with no response. At the end of the first month, they charged me for the following month.

Patricia H.

Read the full review
There appears to be no way to on the site cancel the trial. So send an email requesting the cancelation of the account no response.

3.9

one of my most used tools

provides me with a tremendous amount of value in customer relations and profitability with the time factor in response time. it gives me an edge over my competition

Pros

this enables me to receive my faxes no matter where I'm at. it also lets me decide if and who can be added to distribution list. im anle to respond to my merchants regardless of my location.

Cons

sometimes it can be a little slower than traditional fax to receive. there have been occasions thst i have had to have items faxed to office fax instead.

eFax securely sends your documents!

eFax by J2 offers end-users the ability to send secured faxes online. End-users can use eFax by J2 to send faxes via a computer desktop, laptop, or mobile device. The benefits of eFax is sending outgoing or receiving incoming faxes via a personally selected fax number. eFax allows users to manage account online. eFax is a great online faxing tool.

Pros

eFax allows end-users to send documents online. eFax offers a free trial to send 150 pages per transfer. eFax allows end-users to send 150 incoming as well as outgoing faxes per the free trial. eFax does not require an initial activation fee. eFax allows end-users to select personal faxing number. eFax offers two types of subscriptions such as Plus and Pro with two different types of feature prices.

Cons

eFax at one point in time was a free service and now requires payment. eFax interfaces with a third party cloud storage. eFax collects cookies and session cookies ID per user and their computer. eFax company server stores personal information that may identify the user. eFax is required to maintain information per user for a limited time, within the terms of agreement of privacy, that time frame is unidentifiable.

Mistake to switch to them; very disappointed

It has been terrible. They lied about pricing. Customer support is slow, sends you in circles, and gives the wrong answer almost every time. Chat disconnects constantly and they give you the wrong phone numbers to call. I’ve had faxes not go through at times and no way to fix it. I tried to port my numbers out and they play games to avoid releasing the numbers — for six months and counting — while also telling me that I have to keep paying for service until after the numbers are ported or they won’t port them. They claimed to have sent me a PIN (they haven’t) when it’s just the last four of your credit card (not secure). Overall, this is a terrible company and I encourage people to stay away.

Pros

I switched to eFax for two reasons: it was supposed to be cheaper than Vonage (that turned out to be a lie) and the app is decent for my iPhone. The app is just about the only thing I like, but it’s pretty basic.

Cons

The company itself has scammy sales people, a difficult to use portal for your account, and the worst customer service in the world. Don’t expect them to help you with any issues at all. They will not understand and send you in circles.

I use eFax directly or with our 800#. Easy to use.Perfect if you have your directly line to pick up

Pros

A like my personal eFax number. I don't have to wait for someone to look up the faxes for me. I go in my fax and access directly. The system saves your faxes for a long time. You can create folders to save the fax into. Sending faxes is easy and it saves the contacts especially when you have multiple requests from a certain agency. Faxes are clear. I love my eFax.

Cons

It is hard when you only have one number to send and receive faxes to especially when someone other than you handles the faxes. I don't like when you get faxes repeatly from other businesses that do not belong to you.

Digital Faxing with HIPAA Compliance

eFax Corporate allows me to achieve more by digitally faxing documents with HIPPA compliance.

Pros

At the surface, eFax Corporate provides what you expect, a digital fax that allows you to fax directly to an individuals email, and it does it well. It also allows you to sign documents within the application, offers mobile applications and what got me the most excited, it works with GoogleDrive.

Cons

My biggest draw back is their limits on page/file size. Sometimes the charts I have to send are robust and I have to break them down into multiple faxes.

Integrates well and is reliable

Pros

I love how easy this is to use and the level of integration it has with our software. We send and receive faxes for it with very few problems. Their customer support team is out of this world. The longest I've waited for a reply was under an hour and that was because our direct rep was on a plane. We commonly have less than 5 minute response times. They give good price breaks on quantity.. we send and receive about 70,000 pages per month and get a great rate. Much more economical than maintaining standard machines.

Cons

There are obscure file\page size limits on faxes sent through their API. They have a new version but it does not work with our software yet.

Simple and Easy Program

We use eFax to cut down on paper usage, streamline faxing in a office where many faxes are going in and out, and allow remote workers to fax documents without a printer or fax machine.

Pros

We moved from a physical fax machine to eFax and have found it very simple and convenient to use. I appreciate that you can fax both from their portal as well as via email, and that you get fax confirmations and incoming faxes so easily without having to sort through them when everyone is sharing a fax machine.

Cons

eFax has few issues, they are clear, user friendly, allow many files to be attached to an email, and I have not had glitches or trouble using it at all.

Easy to Use!

Efax was very helpful in allowing us to send medical bills electronically. This saved us time, energy and paper!

Pros

I like the software is internet based, and thus can be used anywhere the user needs - it isn't tied to any one computer that has the software downloaded.

Cons

Our office had to download/save copies of medical records to our own computer, then upload them to efax. It created a lot of "clutter" in our personal computer files, as we tracked things in a "pending" and a "sent" folder on our computer.

This is more for business use

Pros

I searched around for alternate methods to fax documents to workers. I can't always use my All-in-One fax machine or go to the library/Office Depot. You get a free 30 day trial, afterwards you pay This is more for a small business, I had to search for a site that sent faxes. You can send and receive your fax by email, the steps are easy. Attach the documents to the email, click send and your confirmation will be sent to you. No fax machine to deal with.

Cons

This is not a dislike, but this is not for personal use. This site is suited more for a small business of 10 employees or less. I have to keep searching until I find a more cost effective(or free) way to fax.

Sending and receiving faxes via a computer, tablet or other mobile device.

Good way to get rid of physical fax machines, but I really don't think the ideal one.

Pros

No messing with physical sheets of paper to insert into a fax machine. A digital platform is very convenient and saves time and money. Unique fax number can be used to receive faxes.

Cons

User interface could be more friendly. From time to time sending fails, don't know the reason. I also miss better notifications about received faxes.

I never thought faxing would be so exciting!

We needed to remain nimble to use fax to support government clients and interface with doctors/clinics/etc. We had pretty much overlooked fax completely and tried a host of free services that ultimately would fail and cause embarrassment. The eFax system is intuitive, robust, and decently affordable given its attributes.

Pros

It sends big files, it has a Mac desktop app, fax & sign, e-sign, mobile apps. I could go on for a while. There are tons of fax over email services, many of them are free. But if you work with rural courts, medical practitioners, government offices, etc., you are using fax. Add in the HIPAA compliance and this is the easiest money we've ever spent for so many solid features in one simple tool- even Google Drive support which helps because that is the core of our operations infrastructure.

Cons

You quickly pass the incoming/outgoing page limits, but the product is worth it. There are caps to users on a plan, ours was at 5 so it was fine normally but in intern season it became a challenge.

A real must have for any business

Overall, there is no other option than eFax. The ease of use and the convenience it provides is priceless.

Pros

Our entire team is on the road most of the time and we are being faxed docs continuously throughout our day. We'd be grounded at the office if not for eFax. The number one thing I like is the convenience it provides.

Cons

The cost to use eFax can be a bit pricey. But I've tried the other options out there and have determined that eFax is worth the cost.

Reduces Clutter

Pros

While faxing is quite antiquated, the healthcare industry has not yet widely adapted a replacement. Until then, this seems to be the next best thing. You have the same compatibility as traditional faxing, but are able to reduce clutter and free floating sheets of paper which could lead to HIPAA violations.

Cons

At the end of the day its still fax, which makes it less than ideal but its the standard used by the rest of the industry.

Just no

Pros

I suppose for big corporations (or law firms, where I once worked and eFax supplied everyone with their own fax line), this is a good product. However, even when I used it at the law firm, I did not always get notification as I should have, or as fast as I should have, of the receipt of a fax. Or confirmation of a fax. It's nice to have the history of the faxes you've received, so you can go back...

Cons

Expensive, shady "free trial" that bills you no matter what, doesn't offer anything in terms of increased efficiency or performance that I can't get from using a free or already installed on my machine service.

eFax Review

Pros

Easily send or receive a fax. Upload items directly to your computer and easily send them via fax to a fax machine/number. Ease of setup and use/very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing fancy or unique here. This is a basic electronic fax software. Interface is a bit 'outdated' looking but that doesn't obviously affect the functionality and ease of use of the software.

Efax Corporate

Overall, Efax gets the job done and allow us to keep our order flow consistent the majority of time.

Pros

Efax is an easy to use online fax service that allows businesses toll free service with online access.

Cons

The only issues we've has so far is the system sometime goes down and we have to call in and wait for them to resolve. But it usually doesn't take that long.

General Use Review

Good. Would recommend if you dont have a budget but there are cheaper options.

Pros

This product is very well known and trusted. Secure in sending faxes with private data within. Easy to send through emails.

Cons

The pricing is very expensive. Can get charged for having a fax line, and number of pages of incoming and outgoing faxes.

Great Enterprise Fax solution

Great cloud option for faxing as the analog fax lines are going away

Pros

Cons

User setup in portal not as clean as I would like. Search feature not always returning the number you are looking for.

Over-priced for inconsistent service.

Needed a virtual fax system that allows our virtual practice administrators to check inbound faxes and allow our clinicians to send outbound faxes without having to buy equipment for our 15 offices. Also allows us to avoid having to allocate and secure space within our office for HIPAA compliance related to faxing.

Pros

HIPAA compliant, virtual fax system which allows our multi-office healthcare practice to manage all fax volume (especially inbound faxes) without having to buy multiple machines, train multiple staff, etc. eFax was willing to provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), which is necessary for compliance.

Cons

We changed after getting consistent complaints from clients and other providers that they're faxes were not going through. We even lost a referral source due to their exhaustion with us not getting their referrals and records. When we found a lower priced option, we beta-tested it on a parallel basis and switched after 30 days. Also, their interface feels a little antiquated and quirky compared to the other provider we switched to.

Segregating fax lines and moving to the cloud

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of use and the ability to receive a fax anywhere at anytime. Also have mobile apps.

Cons

efax is not HIPPA Compliant, however the same company owns sFax, which is not only HIPPA compliant they have a BAA available for its customers. I am currently in the process of moving much over to sFax.

Love This Company!

Pros

We started using eFax's services roughly a year ago. I can tell you right now, we've never had an issue. It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. eFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints about eFax. I would recommend them to any business that is looking to do away with their fax machine.

Faxing online

Overall I'm very satisfied with efax I use it everyday.

Pros

The most important thing to me about this software is the contact list. I use efax corporate in my lab to send results to our clients and my contact list is extensive but efax can handle all of the 100+ stored contacts.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is having to add a 1+ before each fax number. If you forget the 1+ the faxes will not go through.

Excellent, Reliable Solution for Receiving Faxes

I use eFax to receive signed documents and confidential information from customers. Customers could send a fax from their end to my eFax number, and I would get an email with the faxed documents as attachments. It works flawlessly, and I've been extremely happy with the reliability of the service. Would highly recommend.

Pros

It is very reliable and secure. Easy to receive faxes via email, so no need to wait by a fax machine to receive sensitive documents.

Cons

No cons to report - In all the time I've been using eFax, I can't think of one time I ever had a problem. In my experience, it was fully functional the way I expected it to be.

CANCELLATION NIGHTMARE

This company doesn't deserve any stars. I signed up no problem but when it came time to cancel it was an absolute nightmare! I was billed for 3 years of service that I didn't use. I had proof of cancellation but was told no refund because I emailed my request to cancel to the wrong company department. I would have expected a reputable company to forward it to the proper department or email back to...

Pros

It appeared to be affordable at the time we signed up.

Cons

It has been extremely difficult to cancel the service.

Saved the company from having a POTS line installed and dedicated to just a fax service and you didn't need to buy or maintain a fax machine.

Pros

Cons

The faxing out part didn't seem secure as you sent it out to an efax email, so you didn't know if someone else was reading your fax.