All categories

Phone.com Reviews

Craig B.

Dont need any hardware for this system and can use it anywhere. Has built in fax and sms capability and contact management, like the online portal for sms messaging very good and quick.

Fernando G.

AMAZING customer service/support. Easy configuration and sensible flow/interface.

Granville L.

Cons

So let this review be your warning. The low price comes with a massive.

Scott H.

Andrew T.

I am not sure exactly how it works with Ring Central for all our companies, which makes it hard for me to sort out my bills.

Kristen Z.

4.0

Sound Big For Little Money

I absolutely loved it except that it doesn't have a google chrome extention which made click-to-call- difficult for me

Pros

State of the art PBX was highly customizable and made our business sound like a fortune 500 company.

Cons

It currently does not have a google chrome extention.

Hello Jack, Thank you for you feedback! The google chrome extension for the 'Click to Call' feature is actually something that is in high demand for some of our customers. We have been hard at work getting this implemented and will hopefully be launching this in the near feature! If you ever need assistance with your account, features, or setup please call (844) 755-8566.

Phone.com Needs Some Work

Still using Phone.com because I paid for 12 months upfront to get the best price. They system works, but I feel it is not working well or helping my company look "good" to my callers.

Pros

IP phone system for on-the-go small business owners - great features that can make you look like a full-fledged company. Prices are competitive, too. There customer service is really good, answered quickly, no holding on line and they answered my questions and helped with using my recorded message as my first answer greeting. However, see below as they help with answering the questions but not being pro-active

Cons

The buttons they use to get to your messages, calls, etc. is called "Configure" then "manage users & extensions" - how crazy is that? Then, setting up a call trail - knowing full well what you want to happen is so complicated that you go nuts trying to figure it out. Recording and using messages and setting up the phone trail is a nightmare - I know others have had the same feelings so why haven't they taken any of these suggestions and improve the product - they really are so close! They answer quickly as noted above but you have to know what you are asking - they will help but seems not to "guide" you with best practices in setting up your phone system. I can buy a landline and the installer sets everything up for me - why can't Phone.com help me like that?

Affordable but buggy

Pros

Phone.com does everything I was looking for in a VOIP. As a small business owner, it sure beats having to purchase a stand-alone phone.

Cons

My biggest issue with Phone.com is the app. It's super buggy and slow (unresponsive) to use. Given the affordability of the phone plan, I've decided I can live with the bugs, but they're still a pain.

Thanks for your feedback, Matthew! We are always looking for ways to improve our app to ensure a better mobile experience. Give us a call at 833-782-2355 and let us know what kind of issues you are running into and we will gladly assist you.

15 Years Expirience

Make international calls at low cost.

Pros

15 years of great experience with phone .com It is easy to use, it has a flexibility for work that improves business performance.

Cons

Flexibility and many different options.

DECENT VOIP SYSTEM FOR SMALL BUSINESS

i have had a pleasant experience with it but it has its limitations.

Pros

dont need any hardware for this system and can use it anywhere. has built in fax and sms capability and contact management, like the online portal for sms messaging very good and quick.

Cons

if you are on an iphone text messages dont come over quickly, you dont get notifications have called many a times to figure out the issue and i cant imagine its a hardware issue as my partners and i have had the issue on all of our iphones. pictures dont come over that well. cant transfer very well to other extensions or outside of the phone system

Fernando, Thank you very much for your review! We are happy that the service is generally working well for you. I have asked our customer success team to reach out and see if we can find a solution for the text messaging issue. You will hear from someone soon.

Work Calls Made Easy

Pros

I appreciate the versatility that phone.com has to offer when it comes to how you want to handle calls. It's very easy to switch back and forth from sending calls directly to my desk to forwarding them to my cell phone when I'm working from home. I like that you can also make calls from the computer if needed. Once you learn how to navigate the website, it's easy to do everything necessary on your computer, from recording and applying greetings to seeing your call logs all in one place.

Cons

Although the website is very useful, it is somewhat outdated and thus difficult to navigate at first. Some settings are difficult to find and are not intuitive at all. But, once you figure out where everything is and how to set things, up, it's not so bad. It also seems like it can be pretty tough to add a new physical Polycom phone to the system, as it requires calling phone.com from the Polycom phone and potentially staying on the line for a while - this can be inconvenient during a work day.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Our teams are currently working on bringing our portal up to date. If you are using SMS or need to listen to your VM's you can now do it in a more convenient way! You can now go to my.phone.com to access your SMS and VM's and access Control Panel. Also, if you need to add another device to your account in the future you can always email support@phone.com, provide your express service code, devices MAC address, and indicate which existing or new extension you want the device added to and our support team will have this done ASAP.

phone.com great customer service team

I have always had a great experience with every customer service/support rep I have worked with. They will escalate easily if things are not working as you expect and they are cheerful and thoughtful.

Pros

There are a lot of options and the tool is very flexible. If you ever need help their support team is just a live chat away and they are always very helpful and creative. Willing to offer ideas on how to best set up your system to meet your needs.

Cons

It is not easy to figure out on your own. It takes time to understand how all of the settings work and what is the best process for your needs.

Dependable, but not the most modern

Pros

Phone.com works it's that simple. If you need a phone system that gets the job done quietly and reliably, Phone.com will certainly do that. It's affordable, relative to the competition, and can do most things you throw at it.

Cons

Although it has improved marginally since I started using it several years ago, the user interface still largely feels stuck in the early 2000s. This can make certain tasks clunky or hard to accomplish if you aren't used to Phone.com's quirks.

Easy to use, but kept crashing

It helped us communicate with our customers.

Pros

I liked that this software allowed us to make and receive calls as well as set up conference lines for customers.

Cons

We had problems with the app crashing mid-call. For awhile it would happen at the same time stamp for every call.

More than doubled their price

Pros

Worked well for several years, before they changed their plans. Had good phone support when I set up a number of years ago and hassle free service until this past month.

Cons

I received a note stating that "unlimited minutes" didn't really mean that if I looked at the fine print and that I would have to upgrade to a plan that was more than double of what I was paying if I wanted to receive this same level of service I had been receiving for more than two years.

Great Product. Great Support. Misleading Pricing.

Overall, I like it although it ended up being more than anticipated. With taxes and fees, $119yr is really $160/yr, but they get you on devices, (even softphones) where $60/year is really $100/year per phone. They are adding their own fees to this, so they should just be upfront. One chat support person was kind of rude suggesting that "I should have gotten a quote" and "Who told me it was free". I compared several providers and it's still a good value. No regrets.

Pros

I was able to use my established Google Voice number and easily port it over to something more business-friendly. I like that it's scalable as my business grows and I can put a high-quality Polycom SIP phone right in my home office. The Android app is also useful if I want to make calls from that number remotely.

Cons

When signing up, it wasn't clear to me that adding a device (desk phone or softphone) wasn't included in the price. I incorrectly assumed one would be included with the plan. How else would you use the service, I thought. (I later learned that only forwarding calls to cell phones is included) I already had a phone and nothing was mentioned during sign up or during my support call while the phone was being provisioned. I only realized it when I got a bill for $100 the next month. My own fault for not getting a quote, I guess. In any case, I didn't care. It just wasn't clear at all and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Mick, We appreciate your honest feedback. While our base plans have 40+ features included, there are certain features that require an additional monthly fee. We do strive to ensure that this is communicated when signing up for additional services. We also understand your frustration and will make sure to pass this on to our development team to make sure our pricing/features page set clear expectations.

Phone.com useful for privacy

Phone.com is helpful and I have not had too many problems using it, though I wish the UX was a bit better.

Pros

I like having phone.com because I am able to give clients a phone.com number that is different and distinct from my actual cellphone number.

Cons

The audio transcription of voicemail could use some improvement, as there are inaccuracies. Also, at times it takes a long time to log in and it can be frustrating if you need to access the app quickly.

Hello Andrew, We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and experiences related to Phone.com. Our teams continue to work on improving our services and your feedback is most valuable in this process. It saddens us to hear that some of our services have not met your expectations. Phone.com does offer Human Assisted transcriptions that might better suit your needs. This can be added and/or removed per extension at anytime. In regards to your experience with the app please feel free to call into our 24/7 support line at 1 800 998 7087 or send an email with your concerns to support@phone.com and we will be happy to assist you further. We would like to lastly thank you for being a Phone.com customer and we appreciate your business

Lots of featured

Pros

I like that there was a wide range of call routing options

Cons

Website was a little hard to navigate and took longer that it should some some basic functionality.

Typical VOIP system

Pros

It's your typical VOIP phone system, they have a great android app and do faxing which some companies leave out.

Cons

Wish some more complex features were available or more easily accomplished without having to recreate all of my rules.

THE BEST VOIP PHONE SYSTEM

Pros

I cant say enough great things. We love how it is over the internet so our phone service can go anywhere. When our office may be closed due to the weather, we can turn our phones on and work from home! They give you the options to set up personal voicemails, greetings and auto attendant menus! SEE WHATS UP WITH PHONE.COM!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing wrong here. There website system is a little tricky to get used if you're not technically literate, but you get the hang of it.

The Phone.com app ticks all the boxes

Phone.com is so easy to use. It was a little tedious to set up, but once it's done, it's done. I use the app on an iPhone and it looks much like the default call interface, but I would never confuse the two. I appreciate that the design looks nice. It keeps everything tied to my business number, together in one place. My only frame of reference is as an end user; I do not have access to the phone.com web interface so I cannot comment on that. But as a user, it's perfect! Anywhere I happen to be, I know I'll be able to get those important phone calls. And I can easily tell when a call comes through that it's via phone.com.

Pros

The app design (for iPhone) is sleek and consistent with Apple products

Cons

It is sometimes slow to connect calls, annoying at first setup

Easy to set-up, easy to use. Great Business Phone System!!

Great customer experience - very helpful support team! For small businesses, Phone.com is a professional business phone system that not only saves you money, but lets you work from anywhere on any device.

Pros

Very easy to set up Phone.com services. Works perfectly on my android, Mac, and IP deskphone.

Cons

No complaints so far. It's very intuitive and whenever we had questions, their support team solved our issue without any problems.

Phone.com is useful, but hard to configure.

Pros

I like being able to call customers without giving them my cell number. Their app is very easy to use. There are many features available.

Cons

It is hard to navigate. Right now I am trying to figure out why my phone calls are no longer being forwarded to our customer support email. I have not messed with the settings at all and I stopped receiving notifications. There are many things I can't figure out how to do on Phone.com

Ok online phone service

A useful customer support phone number that can be directed to multiple customer support reps on a schedule.

Pros

- Very reliable call quality and service - All the core features you're looking for when setting up a customer / business phone line.

Cons

- Most functionality is available but it can be very difficult to navigate. They could use a big UX cleanup across most of their website.

Great for Therapists

Overall, this is helping me get in touch with clients without needing an expensive second cell phone.

Pros

I like that the interface is simple to understand and is easy to integrate onto my phone without confusion.

Cons

I do not like that I must get onto a computer to set up features such as voicemail and texting. There's limitations to what I can do from my phone.

Eliza, We are always looking at ways to improve our services and your feedback is much appreciated. Our account services are fully functional while in the desktop mode on Android phones, however, Apple phones have limitations. If you ever need assistance with your account please contact our amazing 24/7 support at 1-(800)-998-7087.

A good system for phone, no complaints

Overall my experience is positive. It's easy to set up and use.

Pros

It's a set-it-and-forget-it type of thing. We don't worry about it day-to-day, it just works. We use it with Ring Central for our business phones.

Powerful Cloud Based Phone System at the right price

We run our entire telephony on it.

Pros

We compared 5 cloud based phone systems, and trialled one. There were only two possible choices for us, and Phone.com was the best there was. The system treats users more fairly where we can have users without bundles at no cost. There are no issues with international numbers either which are easy to obtain and apply. Finally the call charges are better, with more international landline and mobile minutes included in the bundles.

Cons

The iOS app, really needs attention. It's substandard at the moment.

Terrible User Interface

I initially really liked phone.com for it's flexibility in creating phone tree queues and custom messages. However, their customer "dashboard" is terrible. When I log in (after getting an error message every time) I finally get to the main website sales page - uh, why doesn't it direct me to my dashboard if I'm already a customer? To send a fax or do anything with the system is NOT clear in the least....

Pros

Good custom message creation and phone queue.

Cons

Terrible user interface No way to resend a fax through the dashboard Lots of error messages when user their preferred browser (Chrome) 50/50 failure rate on faxes so most have to be sent at least a second time.

My experience with phone.com as a small business owner

Though it was affordable, I probably lost business as a result in the final analysis.

Pros

That it was very affordable and that it was HIPAA compliant. The app was relatively easy to navigate as well

Cons

There were constant snags, customer service had left what to be desired and one of the features never worked at all, such as the texting feature.

Hi Melech, I'm sorry that your experience didn't live up to your expectations or ours. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make it right.

A Great Phone Product

Overall, a great phone system. Just began using it and very happy.

Pros

AMAZING customer service/support Easy configuration and sensible flow/interface

Cons

Several of their features are ala carte and require additional payment

Granville, we are pleased to hear about your experience with the setup and support you received from our Phone.com team. We strive to provide the best support for our customers. If you have additional questions about your account or specific features feel free to reach out to our Channel Partner Program team at 844-465-5262.