All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

GoDaddy Website Builder

Website builder, WordPress hosting, and more

GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

Gregg M.

Tiffany J.

Charlee C.

Read the full review

Cons

The software is kinda annoying to use because it's overwhelming. There are to many options and it's a little confusing when you don't know what everything does.

chelsea l.

Read the full review
The interface is very rigid and the options are limited for the entry-level model.

Kyle S.

Read the full review
You're extremely limited in terms of designs. If you're looking to build a website that doesn't only inform but actually convert, this builder is not the one for you.

Read the full review

Anyone can make a website

Want a web page? No time or expertise? Try GoDaddy Website Builder!

I have used GoDaddy for twenty years, and I've never been unhappy with any of their offerings. The tech support is so good, it overcomes any possible complaints I've ever had. This product, in particular, takes a huge amount of stress out of my life by making it fast and efficient to provide a website for a customer. I'm actually having problems with the custom website I built for my own company, and I'm thinking of using this again! Why mess with something that works?

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up, enter your original data, change just a little - or a lot!, and maintain. They have great templates and graphics for your use, and some handy features: to do a weekly article, I just copied last week's article, changed a few things, and inserted the text for this week. It's also very reasonably priced.

Cons

As with any "shortcut" software, it was a little difficult to customize. I also had trouble applying a security certificate to the site to get the coveted https at the beginning of the URL. The latter issue was easily solved with the help of their AWESOME tech support, and the former, I expected. If I want to customize it so badly, I've got to use a less "done-for-me" solution - and I'm ok with that!

GoDaddy easiest and powerful website builder

Godaddy Website Builder has made it easy for me to work with my clients.

Pros

GoDaddy Website Builder has a simple, intuitive and very easy to set up format. With Godaddy Webside Builder, I create sites for my customers very quickly, as there are usually only a few templates and many options. For a professional and attractive site, Godaddy Webside Builder is the best. I love the interface, website and page templates, which is why I recommend Godaddy Webside Builder. It also offers beautiful, simplified templates and formats. Also, with GoDaddy's editing interface, you can see your site on the left side of the screen when I edit my pages and sections. Isn't that impressive?

Cons

Although Godaddy Webside Builder is a good website builder, it sometimes has flaws that need to be addressed. I suggest multiplying "action buttons" to a section that I find important and that is missing in the interface. The preview is not really at its best and sometimes changes the site. Some of the layout features were limited so a beginner will have problems unless you are a good coder. The download speed is sometimes slow and it's annoying when you're focused.

Used to create my website

Fairly good. I get compliments on my website often, but it does not get much traffic and I wonder whether a wordpress alternative may have worked better?

Pros

Easy to use to set up a website quickly. Drag and drop editing and nice simple templates that look good on web and mobile devices.

Cons

The price is a bit high, and I am not sure why, but my website gets very little traffic. This is frustrating after two years. It is difficuly to make edits to the SEO

Godaddy Scam

Pros

I purchased Ultimate Managed WordPress Websites in good faith that I would be able to build a Wordpress website using their platform. The software was very buggy, as it froze often while I was trying to edit my work and then sometimes caused me to lose all of my work. In addition, the editor only gives a few options for customization. Most of the content you can put on the website is low quality and uncustomizable. They want you to pay for plugins that may/may not accomplish what you need. I requested a refund the day after purchasing in which i was told that the trial period ended, and the customer service ignored my complaint asking for a screen shot of a frozen screen. Very low IQ customer service and terrible product.

Simple, Easy and Attractive Website Builder That Everyone Can Use

GoDaddy Website Builder has helped me expand my business. Some of my clients want to be able to add some sections and do basic editing themselves when required. I also get a lot of inquiries from small business owners if they can create a website themselves. In both cases, I recommend GoDaddy Website Builder if the users are average computer user. A person who can create a Word document, Powerpoint Presentation etc can easily create a professional-looking website with GoDaddy Website Builder. Since the backend interface is minimal, clean and doesn't have too many options - mistakes are less likely to happen - which is absolutely great for beginners.

Pros

The backend interface of the web builder is clean and uncluttered so I find myself doing mistakes less in GoDaddy Website Builder than when I use other builders. The editing capabilities are limited - which isn't great for advanced users - but is actually very good for non-web designers who want to make their site on own. As we can use sections predesigned by professional web designers and edit contents...

Cons

While the sites we make using GoDaddy Website Builder are responsive and look great on mobile devices - we don't have full control of presentation on mobile devices. This isn't a big issue but I find myself wanting to change something for mobile devices quite often so this is a con. Other than that - there is less to dislike about GoDaddy Website Builder keeping in mind that it is targetted at beginners.

Go with GoDaddy

My overall experience with this product was great. However, I do feel like they need to update their drag and drop builder and add some features to their product.

Pros

The thing I like most about GoDaddy is that they are uniquely domain central. They put there greatest focus on registering domains and are relatively easy to set up.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the outdated website builder features. I can't build a website easily on GoDaddy.

User-friendly attractive website maker with limited features but good price

Overall, I found the GoDaddy Website Builder to be a good value for the money and the features it offers. I liked the ease of use and the way my website looked professional and functional. I created my site in just two evenings after work, and I think it was because GoDaddy's interface was simple for me to use without crowding me with options I didn't need. GoDaddy does have other integrations too, such as PayPal integration and a feature to book appointments or classes, but I can't speak to those. I have considered looking into those features in the future as I grow my site and business. Although I had a few complaints about some of the editing tools, the positives of the user-friendly editor and the price outweighed the negatives and I will be continuing to use GoDaddy Website Builder.

Pros

I actually switched from Wix to GoDaddy Website Builder because I liked the simpler format of GoDaddy. I found GoDaddy Website Builder easy to use and intuitive. I was able to create my website much more quickly and not get overwhelmed with endless templates and aesthetic options. I was surprised to see that my finished site looked just as professional and attractive as if I had chosen one of the more...

Cons

There were only two issues I had with GoDaddy. Firstly, while I do prefer having a few quality options over hundreds of options, one feature that I do wish GoDaddy provided when creating pages is the ability to add multiple "action buttons" to a section. In GoDaddy Website Builder, action buttons are those clickable buttons that link to another page or an external source (they usually say things like...

Simple to use - Quick SEO

I am able to put up a website really quickly that is searchable and indexed by Google. I don't have to put in any additional work in ensuring the website can easily be scraped by Google's bots.

Pros

I really like it for the simplicity in putting content up quickly and benefiting from built in search engine optimization.

Cons

Dated templates and very boring looking templates. They work well for organizations that are monochrome in nature (banking, accounting etc) - not something fashionable and trendy.

Good Basic Website Builder

I've built something like 7 sites using this software; only one of those is currently live and still in use. That one is fine-- no bells and whistles required for that business, no special design needs. It works great as a simple straightforward site that needs little attention. Tech support, once top-notch, has gone downhill in the last decade. You're not on your own, but support isn't what it used to be.

Pros

Easy and simple pre-fab templates to get going without much learning curve; gets a website up in minimum time. Integrates well with PayPal, Stripe, etc.

Cons

Way way too simplistic for advanced users or sites that need customized formatting. Won't let you change many, many things.

Powerful Landing Page Builder

I am way satisfying with Godaddy Website Builder as it is very easy to use. It is providing SSL, security, SEO features which are best for me to create a good landing page.

Pros

Godaddy is very to use and the functionality of this software is good. The drag and drop features of this software is providing you the best solution to start making your own website without coding knowledge. It is providing free hosting with the monthly subscription plan which comes with free SSL and SEO features.

Cons

Godaddy Website builder is only good for making landing pages or static pages layout. Many more major functionality and eCommerce functionalities are missing from this software. Godaddy website builder is not good for creating dynamic websites or dynamic web pages.

URL that daddy!

Pros

Godaddy is an app for getting a unique url extension to advertise your name brand, or make awareness for your organization, social cause, etc. I like that you can pick a name and if it is taken you are given alternate suggestions for name usage rather than travelworld.com it may suggest lesiureglobe.com, vacationnations,com or it will suggest an alternative for a url ending other than .com, .org. .net,...

Cons

If you do not purchase at a a la carte price to have your name not listed you will get ANNOYING robot calls to your number, all kind of text messages. The a la carte for this service normally cost more than the domain your buying. The robot numbers seem to ring your line none stop, and switch up the number when you do not answer. The a la carte pricing should be standard cost included in the domain name. Yes, it may be great to get a domain at 0.49 cent but for the new entrepreneur who has to use his phone to start off this is an added inconvience. Even offering a Entrepreneur special for this service to be free the first year would be great.

I built my own website in 3 hours!

It was great. At first I talked with someone for a while and explained my needs and she set me up with the right package. Then, a few days later, I realized I wanted an automatic scheduler. I called back to see if that was available and talked with another person who told me I had the wrong package and I needed this other product instead. I was confused , but switched over only to find out it was...

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I had to have someone help me integrate my shopping platform with godaddy for my online boutique Roadkill Ranch and it was a seamless endeavor. However, I recently became a certified health coach and wanted to get a simple website up. I called godaddy and they walked me through the templates and showed me how easy it was. I was able to build my own site within hours and they were available for support 24/7. I was so proud of myself. Check out www.goodjuju.health I love the support the most. The staff is so knowledgeable and was able to guide me through some challenging pages with ease. Now that I've learned the program, it's not challenging at all. I also loved how they offered a blog feature.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the product was the online shop. I wanted to add some health products to my basic site, and although I was able to upload merchandise, it limited me on how to organize the shop, that's all. It wasn't really a big deal because my website is more informational anyway.

Awesome, all-inclusive, software for home business website design

I'm solving the issue of not having a website as of yet. I should be launching within the week though. I really love the blog posts, articles, forums, help center. They cover just about anything you could possibly imagine. Plus they have live help as well.

Pros

I love GoDaddy. You can do just about everything involving the website aspect of a home based business. That you have the option of completely building your own web site, using pre designed templates as a starting point, or having a website completely designed by a professional. Plus, that they do the domains and hosting as well. Having that all in one place is great. Most other website builders don't host or don't have domain purchase options. Another plus, that GoDaddy has, probably, any and every option for the dot name. It gives you the option for a creative site name, just by having a different dot besides the norm dotcom. The articles/blog posts are amazing. They cover so many topics and are pretty good with having an answer to anything you need to know.

Cons

The only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out how to change colors and fonts and get them to stay. They wouldn't stay where or what I wanted. I think I have it figured out now. I'm still in the process of launching my website, but I've been working on it for almost a year.

Great Platform for a New Business

Having a simple website for a small business can go a long way. Keeping it simple and having the ability to grow your website as your business grows is key. GoDaddy's Website Builder met all these features along with having the ability to add different features that would fit your needs as your business starts to take grow. Overall my client(s) and I are satisfied with the platform.

Pros

I was hired to build a website for a small company who specifically requested using GoDaddy. I like the simplicity of creating a website with the template options. You can customize the templates to your liking and add or delete features as your business grows. Also, you have the option to contact someone who may be a little more knowledgeable to help you build the website to suit your needs. I used this platform for a previous client who requested to have his site built on GoDaddy. Needless to say my client was very satisfied and has been using it for over 3 years now.

Cons

When you are working with a small budget, obviously, you want to find a software platform that would suit your or your clients needs. GoDaddy's prices are reasonable, although they do slap on different features that you could include which would drive the cost up to more than what you originally budgeted when you first sign up. As my clients business grew, my client saw the need to add some of the additional features that were offered in the beginning.

As a web developer, one can give demo to clients what their websites will look like within 15 min.

Pros

For static websites, an excellent software using which anyone without a programming knowledge can launch websites/online stores. This software is good for increasing web literacy. As a web developer, what I frequently do is to give a taste what a client's website will look like and once the client approves, I go for the Starter Plan by GoDaddy. By using Starter Plan, however, only one database or...

Cons

For those looking for Wordpress-like features or flexibility to try Joomla and other applications, GoDaddy Website Builder does not fit. At the end of the day, it is meant for those who have no programming knowledge! At the same time, if one has shown no inclination to try freely available software like Wordpress, it is doubtful they will go ahead and launch their website/online store using GoDaddy...

My GoDaddy Website Builder Review

Overall, I am having an Excellent experience using GoDaddy Website and Website builder. I have received good feedback about our company website which makes me glad I decided to use GoDaddy.

Pros

GoDaddy website builder is very practical and easy for anyone to use. It has several different themes and layouts to choose from that will be perfect your business. The 30 day free trial was very useful to get to know the software and give it a true test to ensure it met our expectations. I also like that it links with Square and provides built in shipping options to use if you are shipping goods to customers.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is the ability to make updates on your website from a cell phone or tablet would be great.

Hey Krista- Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you! Thanks, Jenny

I have used this product for more than 3 years!

Pros

All in one service or products? I used this company for my web site and email. I bought the domain name from them added an email account and was looking for someone else to build the web site. After many discussion with various companies, we decide if we are still talking let's have something up so we can start our marketing to the world. Well, the ease of using the build with step by step with templates that because they are int he same family work well, no conflicts between the software by matching difference vendors this is under on umbrella. We had a 3-page site up in a few hours that still stayed up on the server for 6 months. product together.

Cons

It is basic you not going to have maybe the personal site as some whom start from scaratch but it does help to start with a templete. So when you have a budget that is small or you are good at design and want to build your site go this route up and running after a few hours. Ths cost is small really compared to others making your site? adding third party analisyteis is and issue as most companys want thier verious used and not have a third party dealing with the customer but some prorams ar better than this trmplte types a matter of what your thinking or needs.

Great to build your website then move on with your business.

The biggest praise that I have for the GoDaddy website builder is when I needed tech support, it was excellent. The tech support personnel we smart, and efficient. I have used there tech support several times and every time I was pleased. I do not need excess conversation or drawn support to extend the call. GoDaddy was excellent in the tech support deptartment.

Pros

Although I am in IT and specifically cybersecurity, I did not want to spend a lot of time and effort on a website. I wanted to get to work doing what I do. The GoDaddy website builder was fast and easy to setup. I can jump in and modify it easily and have it active immediately. And for the cost it is by far my best value in business expenses.

Cons

For the price there are certain things that you are going to give up, granular customization is not there, but I don't need that. I would have liked a few more options on designs, but again for the value I will take what is there.

best website builder

I have done a lot of website in GoDaddy website builder for my clients include but not limited to e-commerce, personal website, companies websites, and more. It's a thumbs up for me, but remember if it's a website that requires custom work or features Cpanel/ WordPress is better.

Pros

For companies that do not require complicated or custom websites this ideal platform to use. Personal websites and e-commerce are as well built easily. you can do it yourself and not you can partially give access to someone to do it without compromising your account. no coding knowledge required just drag-drop.

Cons

Everything is fine except the price could be better if reduced. and it would be nice if they allow freelancers to develop plugins for more features.

Amazing! building your own website can not be easier

Pros

With godaddy you have everything in one place. You do not have to worry because you have the hosting, the domain, the website design and even the possibility of creating your own professional email domain. In a few steps you can go from being a small enterprise to become a great company because in our days having a website is the most important thing in order to grow. Godaddy allows you to do everything...

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, I do not think there is a better platform than godaddy. It's amazing how easy it can be to develop your own website thanks to go daddy

Godaddy Website Builder is easy to work with.

GoDaddy Website Builder saves you time and get you started quickly.

Pros

I loved the various templates that they offer. These templates can be customized to suit your need.

Cons

One drawback was that some of the layout features were limited and if you do not understand coding you will have to settle for what's offered.

A great alternative to using WordPress

A client wanted to me to build their website, but still have the ability to make changes and additions. They also wanted the site to be secure. GoDaddy is a wonderful company with extensive help features and amazing customer service.

Pros

GoDaddy Website Builder is very easy to use and the learning curve is small. I've been very happy with my experiences with building websites using this product.

Cons

There are some limitations to what can be done to the layout and design of a website. I wish there were more template options.

I absolutely love GO DADDY (Email/Domain Purposes)

It has brought the company together communication wise and keeps everything in detailed order.

Pros

I love the ease of sending and receiving emails. I love how you can add employees to have a new email under the domain. The process is super easy. There is also a calendar function where you can add birthdays and important meeting dates, etc and it will not only remind you of these dates, but you can share the calendar with other employees so that everyone can see what is to come. I also love how...

Cons

There is NOTHING I do not like about GoDaddy Website Builder.

Best website building domain for the start-ups

With this platform we can create the best websites with the help of this application with minimal cost and security. The new updates can be taken with the latest version.

Pros

Building the website with minimal cost and having a high security. Helps in building the own domain based Mail. Flexibility in creating the website with multiple features. Easy payment options is quite helpful in this application.

Cons

When problem faced Instant chat with the support team is not possible, this feature can be added. The user interface speed is quite low. When files corrupted, the files which need to be taken or restored is quite expensive which can be reduced.

Dont be scared this is user friendly and easy enough you'll look likea professional

My overall experience with Go daddy website builder was pleasant. When your are a designer on a budget and cant afford word press this is a very capable and viable option.

Pros

The site customization options are very detailed and would easily rival that of other popular programs like word press. The plug ins and input abilities are vast and seeing as how it is very cut and paste and plug and play you can bring any attribute of a professionally made site into play and with the go daddy website builder that even the most computer illiterate person can make a beautiful well balanced and smooth web site in a reasonable amount of time and this can cut your overhead down from not having to pay to build and implement any attribute to your site

Cons

I would have to say I have a hard time finding something I dislike about said builder. It covers all corners of the building processes. The only issue I had is i wish there were more options in the packages you can buy or at least an option to pick your extras more in said package deals.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.