GoDaddy Website Builder Logo

GoDaddy Website Builder

Website builder, WordPress hosting, and more

GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

User ratings

4.2

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend7.69/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Usually the challenges are on our end, and it's great to work with such a good a customer service team. They are much better than others we've tried to work with in the past.
Website to landing page this is the quick and easy way to accomplish getting online. You can deploy quick, responsive, and stunning websites in a matter of hours.
And I'm proud to say, I won't be switching anytime soon. The help that is available is incredible, the fact they will help you customize your website and help with logos, is outstanding.
I was confused , but switched over only to find out it was more retail driven, no blog, and no basic info page showing up in the beginning.
They changed it to an online version only which I hated so I left them.
Gives different messages from different employees. Very confusing software - extremely rude employees & keep jacking up prices.

GoDaddy Website Builder users...

Wix-logocaret

Squarespace

Weebly-logocaret
+ 1

Weebly

How would you rate GoDaddy Website Builder?

1,029 reviews

Robert B.

Founder

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

GoDaddy Go Central Website Builder

Transcript

Rob: Good morning, this is Rob I'm a chief marketing officer for my company. The review is for GoDaddy...

Anyone can make a website

Transcript

Danielle: I'm Danielle, I am the customer experience expert at a CBD company, and I give GoDaddy Website...

So far it’s not bad. It’s easy to use and it’s cheaper than other softwares.

Pros

This software it’s easy to use and upload photos and cheaper than other softwares And I only pay one time payment and it doesn’t charge hiding fees.

Cons

This software doesn’t show my website Or my online store on google unless I promote my website on Facebook. I wish it would automatically show my pictures on google.

Create a website without any effort

I remember when I created my personal blog I used this Godaddy tool and the whole process should not have lasted more than 30 minutes. I highly recommend it to start with your website. In case you are not very clear which design to implement on your site, you can also find a great help using this software, since it will recommend different themes and you will be able to adapt them very simply to your needs.

Pros

It's really simple to use, you do not need to know anything about programming. Additionally Godaddy provides you with a variety of images and themes to make your website totally personalized and to your liking. Another great value that brings this software is SEO help. Following a few simple steps, Godaddy Website Builder recommends you how to modify each page of your website to make it SEO friendly. Actually this software will bring a lot of value to your website and will make the deployment of your webpage much faster and easier.

Cons

None so far. Perhaps the only thing I could say is that if you are an expert user and you know programming, it can be a tool that prevents you from making advanced configurations. In my case in particular, after a while I changed the settings of my website SEO for another tool, since I wanted to have more control on how to customize my site and measure the conversions of organic traffic to my website.

Amazing Website Builder

I signed up for monthly subscription and they put me on yearly, had to get refund.

Pros

It has so many options to make an amazing Website, integrations, domain, tools, videos to teach you, its so helpful.

Cons

once i had bought domain and they billed me yearly and not monthly

The best website builder

Pros

First of all its very easy to use and their all tools are very user friendly and I have been using this for last 12-13 years and their customer support is also very good, plans and pricing are also very reasonable in market. I am almost using their all services and enjoying as I have not faced any issue. I will rate 10/10 for their customer service and support. whenever I am in UAE I need arabic version also so they provide arabic website builder also . In all its very good

Cons

Till now there's nothing I don't like When I did my first query, the support team did not give proper answer, but then I wrote to them that such a problem happened, then everything was fine after that.

Great for basic websites. Easy to use. Not for complex projects

Really, it was wonderful for what I used it for. It functions as advertised and as expected.

Pros

GoDaddy's website builder is very intuitive, simple to use, and produces a nice final product. It allows customization of the background - both with brand images and color scheme. Cloning pages and adding new pages to the menu is easy and time saving. For anyone who is not tech savvy or doesn't want to get into the code, this is a great option for producing a nice looking website fast.

Cons

The cons really are the flip-side of the pros - the very basic simplistic nature. GoDaddy's Website Builder can accommodate custom html inserted in small sections but it really isn't designed for complex, robust websites. If you want to build out a website with a lot of page, custom content, and integrate more complicated features like a contact form, ticketing, or a payment portal then this is not...

Website building made easy

It is a great app for making a website. The process is so fast for creating because all the templates are ready and you just have to put in your information and the great thing about this software is that it is very inexpensive.

Pros

It is an online software that helps you make a website with ease. It have a lot of preset templates to choose from. You can choose any template and edit it as per you information. It doesn't require any coding or anything so it helps a non technical person to help make a website at a very low cost. You can also make responsive websites through go daddy.

Cons

Once you select a template, you can not change any page design of it. You have to go through the template only. It is more limited when it comes to features and customization

Makes building a website easy!

GoDaddy has enabled my small business to maintain a website to attract new clients that I can easily update as needed.

Pros

GoDaddy enabled me to create my own website with full functionality including PayPal payments. The platform is integrated with social media to make it easy to run all aspects of my online business.

Cons

Nothing! I have used many different platforms for building websites and GoDaddy is the best by far!

VERY user friendly and easy to set up and have a professional look to your personal or business site

Generally very good overall. The only thing I am not happy with is that existing clients rarely receive a discount. Go Daddy is very good about giving discounts to NEW customers but not existing. That is very much opposed to most companies. For that reason, my biggest negative with go daddy

Pros

Lots of great stock photos to choose from, great categories and many options. There are a few things they have added thru having the website builder and improvements are always being made

Cons

when you try to do something and the support people tell you they don't do that or that is not how the program was built yet other sites have the capability.

GoDaddy Go!!!

My over all experience with GoDaddy has been great, No real big issues here I would refer someone to this service especially for web hosting.

Pros

The pros about GoDaddy are numerous, However I really like how clean their web sites are in the functionality of the themes they offer. GoDaddys' web servers are FAST!!! never had my site lag one bit. Did I mention about their ddos blocking systems? Yeah you don't ever have to worry about your website being ddossed ever. They also have top notch security so no worries on being hacked either.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like with GoDaddy is that customer support doesn't really try to help with any issues i.e helping recover a lost domain when you forgot to reregister it.

Basic website at your fingertips

Overall, GoDaddy Website Builder enabled me with no website building experience to create a functioning and appealing website with relevant ease. Great product for beginners.

Pros

Good product to help business owners create a simple website to create an online presence. The inclusion of templates helps those that are less creative to build a working, nice-looking website. The SSL certification provides a level of validity to the website which is helpful. Also, the ability to integrate with Paypal is a nice feature. The software gives users the ability to add features as need which can be useful as a business grows and needs their website to do more.

Cons

I was a little disappointed that the basic software packet did not include some search engine optimization. There is a buzz that businesses succeed when customers are able to find them so having that component can help small businesses or those starting out even more. That seems like something that should be included rather than a feature needing to be purchased.

Great program!

Excellent experience! Any issues, I pick up the phone and get a response straight away. Any questions are answered quickly. Overall fantastic!!!

Pros

When I started my business I was looking for a product that would allow me to build a web site that would be cost effective yet easy for customer to navigate. This program has it all!

Cons

There really wasn't anything specific I didn't like about it. I had no problems working through little issues and following the templates, etc. that were provided.

Simple to use - Quick SEO

I am able to put up a website really quickly that is searchable and indexed by Google. I don't have to put in any additional work in ensuring the website can easily be scraped by Google's bots.

Pros

I really like it for the simplicity in putting content up quickly and benefiting from built in search engine optimization.

Cons

Dated templates and very boring looking templates. They work well for organizations that are monochrome in nature (banking, accounting etc) - not something fashionable and trendy.

A user for years!

Pros

I run multiple Wordpress and Weebly websites. I needed a domain registrar that I could trust and would be around for a long time. I chose GoDaddy. They make it so easy to handle DNS, to add nameservers, and to register ZohoMail. Everything is in one pane and explained super easy, so much so that even when I was a newbie, I was able to get started without too many growing pains. Over the years, I've consistently come back to GoDaddy for new domains time and time again because they're so easy to use.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at all! I don't use their other services, but they're great as a domain host, I have zero complaints.

Great for Beginners

Pros

The pre-made templates, specific to your industry, made building and customizing the website very straight forward. They also had different photos you could add that was approved for use without worrying about copyright issues.

Cons

Learning to navigate the software initially took time but once you've figured it out it's pretty easy to remember

Easy to use!

Pros

The go daddy website builder was really straight forward and easy to use for a non tech savvy person. I could build a captivating website with minimal knowledge.

Cons

Hoping for more integration in the future

GoDaddy Website Builder - A Surprising Budget Powertool

I'm honestly very impressed by what's on offer. GoDaddy's website builder is superior to many core CPanel solutions offered by various hosting services. Although it isn't quite as flexible as some of the "premium" hosting companies' alternatives, the difference in price is night and day. In most projects, selecting hosting providers fall to my clients, so we've dealt with many, many website builders - I always recommend GoDaddy to clients who want comprehensive hosting and solid storefronts on a budget without compromising on flexibility or quality.

Pros

Compared to most CPanel website builders, GoDaddy's tools offer greater variety, and in some cases greater flexibility - all within the same price bracket as budget hosting solutions. I have suggested GoDaddy's hosting on many occasions simply because of the robust web building tools in their CPanel.

Cons

The only drawback to GoDaddy's website builder is that it does not offer what premium hosting companies do; this boils down to client budget, though, as GoDaddy's hosting comes at a fraction of the price.

No-nonsense tool for small business websites

My business website is more of a brochure than an online merchant site. A brochure is all I need for customers and potential employees to look at to understand the services my business provides. Website Builder is great for this purpose. It has online merchant capabilities, but I have no need for those.

Pros

GoDaddy Website Builder allows a small business owner to establish an informational website that uses templates to create contemporary-looking websites. It is perfect for a site that I (as a non-web programmer person) can update as needed without paying a third party website developer. I don't need to update it often, so it makes sense for me to be able to do all the work myself.

Cons

The templates allow me to do everything I need, but not everything I can imagine. The stock photos/images look like they are stock images, and there are not as many to choose from as I would like. I recommend Website Builder for users who have their own photos or images to upload.

Let the Professionals Do it For You

Our business needs to be able to make content available to our client base, provide updates on current events, and receive payments for services and donations. Attempting to hire "professionals" to get this accomplished would have cost us a significant amount of money, and the end results would not have exceeded what we have been able to accomplish through GoDaddy. Deciding to let GoDaddy provide the medium for our employees to disseminate information rather than a dedicated website design professional was the best business decision we have made. It has saved us money, increased our online presence, and allowed us to focus on the areas that we thrive in.

Pros

We explored purchasing Custom-built websites for our business and were overwhelmed with both the upfront and continuing costs that were involved. For what we needed, Godaddy was an obvious choice. We can easily update content, do not have to undergo extensive training, and maintain the capability to accept payments online for pennies on the dollar. We have received countless compliments about the information available on our website, and it is done entirely by IT amateurs utilizing the tools provided at nearly no cost by Godaddy.

Cons

We have had instances where a design that we conceived was not able to be implemented. However, there has yet to be an instance in which we could not find a way to use the tools available to update our site.

Best Platform For Hosting Ive Used

Pros

Customer Support is top notch im a web designer who likes to work late at night and it hasn't been one time that I have called that I haven't been able to get someone on the phone for help. Hosting stays active only once has my hosting ever went down. One click install for all of the major applications like Magento, Wordpress, etc. UI is simple and easy to understand. You get a free domain for a year when you purchase 1+ of any hosting plan.

Cons

You have to know exactly what hosting plan you need for your website or you may run the risk of it running super slow especially with Wordpress sites.

I love being able to call my domain registrar!

Pros

They call you when you domains are set to expire to make sure you renew them. I love this feature. However, I once failed to reregister a primary domain for my company and lost it. I called GoDaddy, and they were able to negotiate with the new owner and broker a deal. Thankfully, for a couple hundred dollars I was able to get my domain name back.

Cons

The user interface can be difficult to navigate. Thankfully they have great documentation to help you navigate and resolve your issues. They definitely are plagued by feature bloat, but not too bad for a company that has been around since the Netscape days.

GODADDY WEBSITE BUILDER

Overall I have been using GoDaddy Website Builder since 2009. It definitely has been updated a lot since and some i dishes have been for the better like how there was a limit of pages when o first started now you can create me unlimited amount of Pages on website.

Pros

I use GoDaddy Website Builder everyday and from day one was easy to use. Love the flexibility of the blank template on the older version which I still currently am using with site.

Cons

Well how the website builder has a completely new update every few years and this last update I did a trial and did not like how you are restricted from using a blank template and have to choose a layout already done.

GoDaddy: You Get What You Pay For

We have used the website builder to promote our YouTube channel and loading up videos is a snap

Pros

What I liked about the software was the template selections and the ease of building each page. Also, saving your page work is good

Cons

Sometimes when you visit your website online, it takes a little longer to load up. Could be a little more page friendly for the price

Easy Website Builder for Beginners

I have used Website Builder by GoDaddy for at least 4 years and used it as my main blog until I migrated over to Wordpress. I enjoyed using it because it gave me the confidence to upgrade to a Wordpress blog. It served it's purpose and was very easy to update and post content on.

Pros

I love the fact that this platform makes is very user-friendly and easy for anybody to use and design without any website building experience or knowledge. The drop and drag feature gives you to option to place your widgets and preview them before they are live. The website builder platform from GoDaddy allows you to add social media and comments to your blog so that they can be shared by your visitors. You can easily use this software to create and publish a blog in a day or less.

Cons

I would love it if they could offer more options for your blog so that each website owner can tailor it to their needs. I would even prefer to pay more money to get additional features similar to what Wordpress offers including plugins.

Ease of Use is #1

Pros

What I like best about the software is that it is very simple to use. In addition the customer support is excellent. They are there when you need them and will walk you through every single step in a truly professional manor, which is so appreciated when you not not the most technically advanced person.

Cons

Once figuring out the ease of getting assistance from customer support things were so much easier. I would say it is confusing at the being linking up all your devises, but it was a snap once I reached out for help.

Fairly Easy to Look Professional

I still really like to use the program and understand that there are limitations, but it is really easy to use to build and update your site keeping it current and fresh.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability the program has for me to jump right into building my website. I was offered a variety of templates and could see the sample of what it would look like as I was building the different elements of the site. It would give you examples of what you might want to put in the different sections available to add to your page. I was able to use some of the templates and use them in a different way than suggested and loved the unique ability to do so. I also enjoy the ability to preview how the site will work with the user both on their computer or device.

Cons

I did find some of the features limiting in color schemes or in fonts. I can only imagine it's due to programming code and that might be the whole point of these sites; to avoid having to be a code builder. I wish there was more templates or flexibility within the templates to change fonts or colors or position of a text box, etc.