Nlyte DCIM Reviews

Nlyte DCIM

Data center management tool to manage hybrid infrastructure

Nlyte DCIM

Review Summary

Pros

Nlyte is a great and useful product, but it could be so much more than it is.

Micah C.

Joe Z.

Cons

Conversion was very painful. Some data was not populated correctly, other data was dropped.

William E.

4.3

Take the Time to Make Your Job Easier

Nlyte has revolutionized my day to day work and made communications and simple data requests so much easier. The efforts to load the Nlyte with data was a significant challenge, but was absolutely worth every moment spent. Training is recommended for effective use, because Nlyte in not immediately intuitive to use in all its modules. While some may consider this a con, I considerate it a feature as protecting the integrity of the Nlyte database is a major concern and Nlyte walks a line between ease of use protecting data from changes by a novice.

Pros

Nlyte provides a comprehensive source to help me answer all of the questions that customers ask involving data center services. Mundane asset information is easily searchable, while diagrams and pictures are immediately available to facilitate descriptions to customers who may never actually set foot in the data center. Nlyte is a resources that has improved the communication of my enterprise for every person that needs to know anything about physical hardware to get a task done.

Cons

Loading the data that Nlyte will use is a significant undertaking. While Nlyte provides this as a service, security concerns kept my enterprise from taking advantage. At least 1200 hundred man-hours were spent to load the information from 10,000 assets, just to give an idea of the scope of implementing this solution.

Brought us into the light

The system our service provider uses to track our data center assets is very antiquated and poorly built in-house. Adopting Nlyte brought us into the 21st-century by giving us the tools and capabilities that should be standard across the industry for all data center service providers and colocation customers.

Pros

The ease of visualizing our data center assets to customers and administrators offsite, and tracking our cabling configuration between the assets.

Cons

Either there’s no ability to open a new service request through Nlyte directly from the asset page, or it’s not intuitive to see how that could be enabled.

Overpriced, mediocre product with poor support

This software is overpriced. Nice idea, poorly implemented and even more poorly supported.

Pros

Very customizable, however you have to customize about everything. Nice idea for a product, but poorly implemented, worsely supported and highly over priced

Cons

Support has a slow response time. Everything has to be customized and support is not much help. Manuals are poorly written. If you have a problem, they might call it a feature request and it will never get looked at again. If you see something in their demos, it will probably cost another 50k. They like to charge and overcharge for everything. If you make the mistake of buying this product, you will need an internal team to support it for all the "tweaking" and verifying that will need to be done to actually use the product. Highly NOT recommended

DCIM, Promices kept and a quatum increase in removing the curtains of data center mysteries.

The level of data collection required is a few orders of magnitude higher and the effort to collect was anticipated and has greatly improved our current processes in going to a digital development posture versus having to make trips into the hosting centers and reduced our associated risk.

Pros

once acclimated, you can see through the various tables how your hosting center is built from a micro level. Power from the Utility down to the switched outlet with audit trails, to all the interdependencies of the loaded software, data connections and management with move plan-o-grams to give the techs.

Cons

As with most of these applications it is very cerebral in being able to visualize your environment in the forms presented, initial user training is a real paradigm shift for those who don't live in the cabinets. If it had a graphical drag and drop creation methodology that would help a lot toward user intuitiveness of operation. Wish list? direct DWG import for rooms would be nice.

Best DCIM tools on the market.

I would recommend this tools to any company interested in getting a complete CMDB tool. I would suggest that they speak to other customers using the product to get a real view on what Nlyte can provide. I seen the other negative review and I am not sure they received the good review of the product line. I also would like to say that Nlyte is not like the big players offering the same solutions. They are able to provide better support and updates quicker than the larger player in the industry. I like that I can speak to the CTO of the company at any time and share my ideas and feedback.

Pros

I have been a Nlyte customer for over 5 years and I am using it's asset management and environmental monitoring tools (NAO & NEO). I have both integrated into my CMBD allowing me to pass CI data and providing updated records for ticket resolution. I like the easy of use related to customizing the applications. I also find the support to be very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

Would like to see easier integration related to API configuration. I have seen other apps and they also have the same challenge.

Nlyte

Converting from previous DCIM tool was painful. After the conversion, the users are content with it. Many wish we could revert to previous tool but others see Nlyte as a good tool. Overall, it costs a bit more than than it should, given the value it provides.

Pros

Main page search feature. Integrates with our ticketing/CMDB tool

Cons

Great flexibility but needs more

Nlyte is a great and useful product, but it could be so much more than it is

Pros

I like how I am able to modify a lot of areas to fit my needs

Cons

I wish there was more that I can modify, for example I would like to be able to change the titles of fields, I would like to be able to change the shape of the tiles, I would like to create custom dashboards that would appear IN nlyte, so that people didn't have to go somewhere else to see the dashboard, and I wish I could create multiple assets at one time, especially if they are all the same material.

Head and shoulders above the rest

Nlyte has made a big impact on the way our company manages data center migrations and management. Being able to show business owners a 3D model of their racks, along with the monitoring of power, space, heat and available U space, adds confidence and allows migrations to happen with fewer reservations.

Pros

Nlyte gives administrators the ability to update changes in bulk, allowing for large datasets to be created in minutes or hours rather than days or weeks. I was able to map the power chain (UPS-Generator-PDU-Panel-beakers-circuits-receptacles-rack power strips) for a large data center in about an hour. Global data center migrations are now much easier than before, when spreadsheets were the norm.

Cons

I'd like to see better integration between the NAO and NEO GUIs. If it were one seamless GUI, and the NEO monitoring functions were more intuitive, that would be a huge win. NEO can be a daunting GUI to get working correctly.

review

Good so far, but definitely needs improvement

Pros

Using the search function is easy, and allows you to quickly move assets around. The visualization/power monitoring are useful for planning and allow users to quickly identify gaps in their respective programs

Cons

Steep learning curve if no experience with DCIM. The initial set-up is a bit confusing and should be a streamlined as possible. Need a better bulk update system along with reporting

Nlyte for Asset Management

Nlyte was a vital tool for our Configuration Management Database. Since the information was provided directly from the Data Center Operators we were able to cross reference the data information in Nlyte with other sources that we had on hand

Pros

The ability to see a rack configuration is key. You can view the individual components of a storage shelf. You can also view the attributes of each component

Cons

There were some issue when we attempted to export data from Nlyte to an excel document.

The Infrastructure software i didnt know i needed

asset maintenance, space availability, project planning

Pros

it can track EVERYTHING and can show it to you graphically, devices, servers, racks, environmental controls, power, networking.

Cons

i wish there were a home version i could get.

LOC / Nlyte

Pros

Service Now / CMDB, and Power management

Cons

Nothing - Complete end 2 end DCIM product

Very poweful DCIM tool

Data center management and provisioning workflow.

Pros

Bulk Data manager is a great feature as well as cabinet planner.

Cons

Could be little difficult for new users.

Good product!

for now I can use nlyte to monitor the situation of spaces, power and wiring of a small part of the data center

Pros

I am quite happy with the nlyte product, even if to use it at its best, there is an need for an efficient organization of people who keep everything up to date.

Cons

I wish it was faster in its use and a little more "smart"

first time user

Pros

ease of use and installation. it was a lot easier than expected

Cons

it's pretty comprehensive but could use some more detailed options

My Review

very good

Pros

Ease of defining devices, integrating devices, keeping visual representation of different performance aspects of data center site

Cons

everything is good just takes time to get used to it.