TrueCommerce EDI Solutions Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

See full reviews by rating

The ease and simplicity on this software is great even for someone who may not work well with computers. The software works seamlessly.
My overall experience with True Commerce has been excellent. Over the years I've had to call the to set up new trading partners and for software issues and the customer service has been excellent.
Great experience overall. From implementation, to adding new trading partners, to integrating with new software just this year, we are overall very happy with the capabilities of this program.
Hard to set up new Trading Partners (partner setup). When there are errors it is difficult to correct without contacting support.
The only problem we have with this software is that we have Sage 50 and some of the discounts that are line items do not come thru to the order when you export the PO into Sage.
They are unable to integrate with Microsoft Navision/Business Central and have average to low understanding of Enterprise ERP.

AK

Art K.

manager

EDI by TrueCommerce works great

Transcript

Art K.: Hi, my name is Art. I'm an account executive and I give TrueCommerce EDI Solutions five stars...

Gabi K.

Customer Supply Chain

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Great EDI Provider

Transcript

Gabi: Hi, I'm Gabi. I am a customer supply chain lead for a consumer products goods company, and I give...

Sathish Kumar N.

Brilliant. The support team is enormously helpful, understanding, and flexible.

Does not applies

Pros

It's user friendly, simple and productive! We have been using this software for about 3 years now. Overall, we are very pleased with the system, and we cannot imagine trying to conduct our daily business on any other software. Pros - Very powerful, scalable - Excellent customer service for implementation AND ongoing needs - Quick adoption for new employees

Cons

Ship Notice/manifest is little complicated for the new users Once the order line is used for the shipment, It should automatically grey out in order to avoid errors

EG

Erin G.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

A solid, upfront, and useable solution!

Pros

Their many E-learning videos and other resources on navigating their EDI solution.

Cons

The second time we needed to add a partner, the customer service was completely unhelpful. This second partner was a completely different set-up from the first, and while our first set-up was so helpful to the point of practically doing the work for us, it made it very difficult when the second time around our customer service rep expected us to know and understand set-up details of EDI. We were given the bare minimum in service.

BH

Barb H.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

C/S Order Entry-True Commerce

Pros

Automatically submits the order into NetSuite operating system

Cons

The system seems to time out quickly and that requires user to log back in frequently throughout the day

JB

Jamie B.

EDI Review

Pros

Not much different than other EDI providers.

Cons

Support is horrible, on hold for hours to get a modification/mapping of an EDI profile.

RW

Randy W.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Simplified order management

It's helped automate my entire business. Orders are received quicker and get out to the shipping floor quicker. Invoices and tracking are sent out automatically.

Pros

It's ability to find different solutions for each customer. It's not necessarily a plug and play program. Can save you a ton of time and money.

Cons

The interface can sometimes be hard to navigate compared to older versions but I still get done what needs to be done.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

No Implementation, but charging months together

Horrible with implementation team. Pleasant with sales team, who responds and informs he escalated the situation, for the 2nd time.

Pros

We had great presentation and conversations with the sales team about the features and ease of use etc.

Cons

Once we signed up and paid the initial payment of 100s of dollars, there is no implementation timeline. There is no response to emails sent by our trading partners for status. Dead silence on the implementation, but keep charging the credit card for monthly fee for over two months. Left legal as the only option to recover our money.

TM

Tom M.

EDI Integration

We are having a very good experience of automating functions that have greatly reduced man hours in two functions, invoicing and generating shipping tags.

Pros

I like that we can automate our transactions with other software such as Quickbooks and UPS/Fedex

Cons

Every customer of ours has different requirements for their EDI

LH

LIZ H.

REASONABLE SOLUTION/ALTERNATIVE

SO FAR HAS WORKED GREAT. WE SWITCHED TO THIS PRODUCT NOW ABOUT 6 MONTHS.

Pros

EASE OF USE EASE OF SETUP COST EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION DOES THE ENTIRE WORK AS PART OF YOUR ONBOARDING. PROVIDES TRAINING AND DOES ALL THE BACK END WORK

Cons

FAIRLY NEW TO US SO AT THIS TIME VERY LITTLE TO HAVE ANY CONS. ABOUT THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS THERE IS A LITTLE LESS ON THE SHIP TO FOR THE LARGER CHAIN STORES SO WE ARE USING A WORK AROUND FOR THIS.

TH

Tom H.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

True Commerce has been Fantastic to work with and extremely Professional

The True Commerce Employees have been great to work with our implementation team has been very helpful and very knowledgeable .

Pros

The Portal is easy to learn and navigate, I have been assisting my customer to implement EDI Documents with True Commerce. The Learning curve to start using the portal has been very short all the users have been able to use it without any Problem.

Cons

Nothing Really, so far we are very happy.

Katie S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

The Best!

Pros

We have been working with DiCentral since 2006. They helped us in the beginning we we started our brand and has continued to be a supportive and proactive in the changing retail climate.

Cons

Overall their customer service is stellar. I sometimes I wish the problem, when we have one, could be fixed quicker.

Thanks Katie! We enjoy working with Crane USA as well and look forward to continuing to grow together. I will pass along your feedback to our team.

DN

David N.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

A winning partnership

We wanted a solution that was better integrated with our software, much faster, simpler and cheaper to launch new trading partners. We found that a typical partner is up and running at a fraction of the previous time and cost with very little effort and rare to never do we require actual code changes.

Pros

There's a great deal of consistency in this product and in the company which is gravely important when dealing with a plethora of trading partners with diverse requirements.

Cons

There is a trade-off between great working software and feature rich capabilities. In this I found that it does 90% of what we need it to do well and then 10% it handles in a round about way that in order to make it work would be a tremendously costly undertaking.

RD

Rebecca D.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

I have had the best 4 years of partnership with True Commerce... With many more years to come!

This software has helped our company become more efficient with our daily tasks. Also, we are able to meet each of our Trading Partner requirements through True Commerce. Personally, True Commerce has helped me become knowledgeable and confident about EDI and its ability to help our company grow and become for efficient.

Pros

I called True Commerce knowing very little about EDI. My task was to find a new EDI solution that was going to work best for our new ERP software. From the moment I heard "Hello" my experience has been more than the 5 star rating. I can list many things that are great at True Commerce. Their team in wonderful. Immediately I felt at ease because everybody talked my language and never used jargon...

MC

Margie C.

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

TrueCommerce takes the "scariness" and mystery out of EDI.

Our company utilizes their web-based solution - TrueCommerce- that is integrated with our ERP system. Integration was seamless and painless and we were up and running with no hick-ups right away; install only took about 1 business day. We started off with 4 trading partners and those were set up for us before were even done with the install. And since those customers were also TrueCommerce customers-...

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Monthly charges cannot be pro-actively changed for current month. This makes it difficult to manage your monthly fees if you are not 100% certain of volume you anticipate doing in a month that has not ended yet.

SB

Sylvia B.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Always glitches

The real benefit is in the time and frustration savings of entering orders and ASN's by hand

Pros

Ease of use, the importing of hundreds of orders has saved us mega time

Cons

very hard to integrate the mapping, this should be able to be done by an individual. I shouln't have to hire a professional ant rediculous hourly rates

OG

Omar G.

Plastics, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Software that was quickly Integrated into our System

We had the need to implement an EDI Software and TrueCommerce has given us a great experience in support and implementation to receive orders and send invoices by EDI. It´s important to mention that 90% of our Purchase Orders arrive by EDI. There are few suppliers that work with Sage Business Vision (Our System) andTrueCommerce has worked excellent for us. We recently implemented the 820 transactions for EDI and the experience was very good. Their support team is small but very efficient.

Pros

It´s easy to use, it integrates well with our system and is very reliable, we have been working with this software for more than 8 years and 90% of our orders arrive by EDI, so it is very important to us have a tool that is always working. Also, there are no errors with the purchase orders (received by EDI), everything is processed as the client requested it. It is also important for us to be able to send invoices through EDI and it has always been very reliable and easy to track

Cons

When a new version of my system comes out it takes 6 months to have a compatible version, so I need to be patient and wait to test the new features.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Easy to use but customer service needs work

This system automates our billing for a large key customer. Software system works well although about once every 3 months needs to be "reconnected" with quickbooks. This is fairly easy to do but frustrating the first few times because I didn't know how to do it on my own and customer service was not available.

Pros

The software is set up similar to email with and inbox, outbox, sent etc. Fairly intuative and toom almost now training to start using. I think the cost is inline with other providers.

Cons

I have had a few bumps along the way with the implementation, customer service and sales team. When I oringally signed up the sales team told me I could use the system with one of my customers but that wasnt true. After quite a long time and a lot of follow up they did give me my money back. This year we changed from quickbooks desktop to online so we had to go through the implementation of the...

SS

Steve S.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Love the Value True Commerce Gives

The cost over our previous provider is fantastic.

Pros

Easy to use. Integrates with my ERP smoothly. Support is excellent, very fast courteous and knowledgeable.

Cons

Would like a bit more automation with our ERP software

VB

Vilia B.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Used to be great but now not so sure

Started out strong. Seems high turnover of technical support, integration specialists and programmers may have caused issues where clear mistakes have been made on multiple occasions causing rejected documents and chargebacks from our partners.

Pros

I like that you purchase the partner plug-in and never pay again for any updates made by said partner. Also, the ability to integrate with SAP.

Cons

That over the last few years it seems that the updates being made to partner plug-ins have caused us chargebacks and I no longer feel confident in the validity of the documents we are sending out to our partners. Now I have to carefully scrutinize every change notice to make sure something hasn't been done that will cause a rejected document and subsequent chargeback (i.e. making a previously mandatory field optional when it really is mandatory...at least for us). EDI management has now become far more time consuming and frustrating.

JL

Jerry L.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

They make EDI Easy!

They have helped us with two different ERP solutions and have made daily EDI tasks effortless. We are about to migrate to a new ERP solution and I have had discussions with TrueCommerce and their integration with the new ERP solution will make EDI even easier for our daily processes. (I didn't think it would be possible to make it easier!)

Pros

They have the people to help make EDI easy. Not 100% hands off, but it is so much easier when you have a Customer or Vendor who wants to do EDI and you get some basic information and then the TrueCommerce steps in and next thing you know you are certified and using EDI with your trading partner.

Cons

Any dislikes seem to be addressed by the support staff. Usually it is just a lack of knowledge or misunderstanding that quickly gets explained and there is nothing left to dislike.

FK

Faiza K.

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Di Central Consumer Review

2) Lead time for implementing UK retailers 3) EDIFACT Mapping 4) Sometimes a lot of resources and time is spent in explaining things to di central team in order to get things done

Pros

1) DiWeb turnaround feature is easy to use and understand 2) Customer Support mostly is very responsive 3) Maps customization for US X12 retailers is also great 4) Option to hold data in draft mode is also available 5) Option to print Packing Slip and GS1-128 label is also available

Cons

not much that I can think of at the moment.

TF

Theresa F.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Excellent Customer Service and Features

We have been able to streamline our process to save time and prevent errors.

Pros

Setup is easily facilitated. The software is very user friendly and accommodates many of our needs, such as converting case pack quantities to eaches in our system. Whenever we might have an issue or question, the customer service is very responsive. It is web-based, and therefore available on any desktop.

Cons

The formatting of POs can be a little clunky, with many blank areas wasted. However, I believe our trading partners determine this format.

PW

Pauline W.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Good to Great Product

The integration between True Commerce and our Accounting Package - NetSuite. Not having to manually enter Sales Orders/Customer PO's is a massive time saver along with not having to manually create an ASN. Again, Customer Support - fabulous

Pros

Ease of use. Somewhat intuitive. Customer Support is outstanding.

Cons

Still glitches with printing UCC labels. That is a bit frustrating.

KT

Kevin T.

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

DiCentral Web Forms, Integration and Support

Very positive experience so far. NOCO has been partnered with DiCentral for a little over a year and we have been able to add more than 10 trading partners to the system, 4 of which will be integrated with our ERP.

Pros

Easy to use, integrates with SAP ByDesign, connections to many trading partners already exist so there is less time getting set up with new customers for our company.

Cons

Takes a little time to get used to the navigation screens.

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to review DiCentral. Appreciate your feedback and all the details you provided.

SL

Scott L.

Does the basics of EDI

Pros

I find the software relatively easy to use. It is more user friendly than it has been in the past before this system was updated. I allows me to do most of our EDI turnaround without much issue.

Cons

There have been at least 2 times, that come to mind, where the system has been down for breaches in security which had prohibited us from accessing our daily orders for 36 hours. We have stringent timelines to meet with many of our customer that upon not fulfilling we are subject to hefty fines. A lot of the EDI turnaround is automatic and wish New dates for customers could auto populate instead of having to enter the same information each time. I have tired numerous times to set certain criteria to default and it does not seem to stick.

EP

Eric P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Exceptional EDI package

Being able to trade EDI purchase orders, Advance Ship Notifications, Invoices, and a few other misc documents with over 60 different EDI trading partners. Previously we were spending many hundreds of hours per year trying to maintain EDI maps ourselves, and TrueCommerce has taken that load completely off of us.

Pros

HighJump/TrueCommerce has already made the connection and EDI mapping to many hundreds of EDI trading partners and they maintain the EDI maps so we do not need to worry about trading partner EDI map changes.

Cons

TrueCommerce has an automation component called Scheduler, that works wonderfully if you have less than 500 documents per half hour. Above that amount Scheduler sometimes has issues, but 500 per half hour is an immense amount of POs, and the system always works if you export POs by hand (which only takes a few seconds to initiate). Overall, this is a very minor dislike, and won't affect 99.9% of customers.