Clearscope Logo

Suggested alternatives

similarweb-pro
agency-analytics
droptrack

Super easy to use, just straight up intuitive. I share this with my writing team and they love using it for the instant feedback and reassurance.
The Clearscope team, our rep especially, is super helpful in onboarding and making sure the experience is delightful.
This has allowed us to scale content effectively, and take the top spots on Google for a variety of keywords that has driven good revenue for our business.
I have yet to find something I dislike about Clearscope. It has solved our immediate business needs.

Maddy O.

Founder

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

An important tool for delivering value to my clients

Transcript

Maddy: Hi, I'm Maddy, an SEO content strategist. I give Clearscope a five out of five. And for more reviews...

Maddy O.

An important tool for delivering value to my clients

I love it! I've spoken a lot with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to share my feedback and learn how to better use the tool and it's very clear that they care deeply about creating an awesome product and great user experience.

Pros

Clearscope simplifies the keyword research process, as well as briefing and outlining SEO content. It would take me hours to do myself what it does in mere minutes. I can trust the data to guide my writers to create useful content that addresses search intent and ranks in relevant search. The user interface is simple and easy to use — new team members get used to it very quickly without a lot of training needed.

Cons

It's not cheap but when you're creating content at scale, it's easy to justify the price.

Rebekah E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

This will save you time and earn you search cred.

I've saved countless hours in creating outlines for blog content throughout my agency. It's also given us tools to help rank for competitive search terms by unraveling what searchers are looking for.

Pros

There's not much I DON'T like, but I have to say my favorites are the Google Docs integration for relevant keywords, grade level, and overall "score." It makes my workflow so much easier, and it's easier for my writers to see their live "scores" while writing. It's also great for outlining and assigning articles, because I know what's relevant, how long the article should be, and how other top competitors stack up.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experiences with Clearscope so far. Even when I've had questions about a small functionality or needed help installing the Google Docs plugin, Clearscope was lightning fast to offer me incredible support.

RO

Rainie O.

Education Management, self-employed

Useful information but no transparency and not that smart

Pros

Clearscope offers useful analysis, especially of related words for any keyword. The generally quick overview of average word count is also useful.

Cons

The grading system is not transparent or smart. It's possible to get an A++ just by stuffing keywords. The word count can often be wrong as well.

MA

Mark A.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Produce SEO-assure content briefs in seconds

I love it, and I don't want to go back to managing a writing team without it. As far as I'm concerned, if I ever, ever, ever need to brief SEO content, I will not do it without Clearscope.

Pros

I used to have to manually research and brief a large team of writers, which took forever. Now I insert the keyword I want, the article I already have (or don't have), and just create a link to send. That's it.

Cons

It can feel a bit bare and inflexible at times - I wouldn't mind a drag and drop folder system, or an easier way to know if something is 'complete' or not.

Alex L.

Internet, 51-200 employees

It makes content research/development easy to manage while maximizing algorithmic-SEO qualitity.

Easy to use tool to help inform SEO-driven content creation and streamline the creation process. Also easy to optimize existing content.

Pros

New Content Development - For a given keyword, Clearscope pulls an easy to read report of keywords that should be included in a new piece of content, and how frequently - this makes it extremely easy for a writer (freelance or in house) to follow in order to deliver algorithmically strong SEO. Now, you just have to proof for editorial / voice, knowing it's strong content that has a better chance of...

Cons

Everything that comes to mind is really just out of personal preference for experience or aesh - The UI is clean, but could potentially be more modern. - Could be more distinct visual difference between the general keyword research tool (no limit on usage) and the keyword optimization tool (currently credit-based) to prevent user error.

Georgios C.

Great Software for Content & SEO Agencies

The most obvious benefit, of course, is that we get more search traffic for our clients. And, that's very important. Besides that, I'd say that the fact that we've streamlined the content creation (or update) process even further, is an additional benefit. The good thing about Clearscope is that pretty much anyone can use it. You don't need to be an experienced user or anything like that. You just insert a Report URL into Google Docs and you're ready to start creating content based on Clearscope's recommendation.

Pros

Clearscope has integrates seamlessly with our internal processes. We're using it to create content for our clients—SaaS and tech companies—and also to help our clients' in-house content team create better content. Clearscope is really easy to use and has the best NLP content editor we've tried so far. In most cases, when we're using Clearscope to create or update content, we get better results in terms of search traffic. I'd recommend it to any content marketing agency or SaaS company that takes its content efforts seriously.

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about Clearscope so far. We're very selective in terms of our technology, so if there is something we don't like, we either find another solution or communicate our thoughts to the product team. So far so good with Clearscope.

Brian S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

My go-to SEO tool for creating content that ranks

Saves time in my content creation process. Helps create search-friendly articles. Higher rankings in Google search results. Useful and pretty reports.

Pros

I love how Clearscope reverse engineers what's already ranking on Google for any given keyword, then shows all the relevant terms I need to include to create a search-engine friendly article. Before, I used to type a keyword into Google, eyeball the results, then make an educated guess about what kind of content would be relevant and important to write about. I don't do that anymore because I use Clearscope....

Cons

I think they could add a helpful feature to let you know when your content went down a grade, so you can make updates to keep your stuff relevant. That's minor though. The core functionality is solid and I couldn't be happier.

Steven L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Finally, something that really moves the needle for content marketers!

Exceptional, Their product really has delivered results for our SEO and effectiveness of our content.

Pros

I love the thinking behind this platform, it is so logical and transparent in regard to what it does that it is hard to really question its value. Now the work that was required to make it work has been rather enormous and we have seen great strides in the last year we have been using it, but from day one, its core function worked and always has. That alone is very rare. The support is excellent and that is because they care about their product, which I love about them. We have seen true SEO improvement with the tool and now use it on all our content.

Cons

I wish their team was a little larger so they could make the tool even better in less time. But their is that old adage that "all good things come to those who wait." :) I have seen that is true with Clearscope.

Suganthan M.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Fantastic product and support.

With this software, you can use semantic keywords in your pages/articles so giving an opportunity to rank them higher in Google. I've recently set up an experiment, and I was able to push hundreds of articles which were ranking on page 2 to page 1 by grading the content via Clearscope without building any links. The founder is a lovely​ guy ​and helpful. Love where this software is heading, and I'm excited for them.

Pros

Clearscope is a clever piece of software which uses several NLP machine learning algorithms to find semantic keywords to improve on-page SEO. Unlike the standard TF-IDF (Term frequency-inverse document frequency) used by other less sophisticated software.

Cons

We have to copy paste content into Clearscope for grading manually. If they can implement a way to use a URL to pull and grade content automatically it would be awesome — some WP plugin that can auto-update content after optimisation that would be sweet as well.

Cathy Bennett K.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

Vital Cog in the SEO Keyword Research Machine

Clearscope is an easy to use keyword research tool that, when used regularly with discipline, can increase organic search traffic dramatically. And the customer service is beyond good - it's super and goes well past simple FAQ or "how-to" information.

Pros

Easy to use. The dashboards for keyword search, report generation and content optimization are very user friendly, even for beginners. The true value of Clearscope comes after working with it for a period of time and learning how to incorporate it into your individual workflow. Once you master Clearscope, it becomes a vital cog in your editorial machine.

Cons

None. Clearscope serves the purpose for which it's intended perfectly for my needs.

AP

Alex P.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Clearscope is a great tool for crafting content!

We were very early adopters of Clearscope. I've had an excellent experience using it since the beginning, and so has my team. I always recommend it to everyone I work with.

Pros

I love how easy Clearscope makes it to find the content gaps between your competitors and you for any given keyword, on a granular level. This would be prohibitively time-consuming otherwise. That being said, my favorite feature is the content optimization tool. It allows you to easily fill in those gaps while crafting and/or optimizing your own content by providing live feedback on your progress. Lastly, the pricing is great for the value you are getting. Similar services are significantly costlier.

Cons

That there was no way to integrate it with Google Docs, so as to avoid having to copy paste the content into Clearscope for analysis. But they're working on making that possible now.

EB

Enes B.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Fully user-friendly with its functionality

Pros

Being a customizable and flexible product makes my work process incredibly easy. A real helper to improve content. It allows us to produce great content in a short time.

Cons

There is nothing that I see as a disadvantage on this platform.

EO

Elizabeth O.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Clearscope helps us make smarter content

Pros

Our team can perform keyword research and try and make good decisions with our SEO content, but Clearscope empowers us to dig deeper and be more strategic about HOW we create content to ensure that we're organically reaching as many eyeballs as possible. Whether it's using the software to illuminate relevant terms or it's actually "grading" drafts of our content pieces to see how competitive they'll be from an SEO standpoint, Clearscope makes us smarter when it comes to content. It's also worth mentioning that the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is incredibly hands-on during onboarding and provides invaluable information about keyword research/user intent. His personal touch makes all the difference in the world in terms of learning this tool and getting started!

Cons

I have nothing critical or constructive to say about Clearscope!

ML

Matt L.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Like having an seo consultant whenever you need

We were able to rank articles we ran through clear scope without having people familiar with seo

Pros

Intuitive . Helps users who are unfamiliar with seo be able to optimize content quickly. The support was always spot on and we levelled up the team really quickly using the software as a framework.

Cons

Cost. But who doesn’t complain about the price of things nowadays. Besides that, it could have been a bit faster when loading.

Paul B.

Biotechnology,

Clearscope is our SEO secret weapon

Pros

Ever since we rebuilt our SEO and Content Marketing effort around Clearscope, we started seeing much faster compounding growth. - One of the best keyword research tools. We use it along with Gooogle Keyword Planner and Ahrefs - Best in class content report & optimization - Great & responsive customer support and onboarding Here's why content optimization with Clearscope is game changing: 1. Best in class. Literally, no other service comes close with respect to telling you what keywords & topics to cover to maximize your chances of ranking for a given keyword 2. We've eliminated the need for an SEO to go over our author's work. Clearscope is so easy that our authors are using it directly. As a result, our content ranks better and reads a lot better.

Cons

Clearscope is fantastic and we don't have any issues with it. We use Clearscope to optimize every single piece of content we publish.

SK

Scott K.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Clearscope Is an Amazing Tool Built by Amazing People

Pros

My company produces a significant amount of content, all of which is written to drive and convert visitors from search engines. Clearscope helps ensure that our writers know what topics should be covered inside each article. It is an excellent addition to our highly structured content production process.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Clearscope.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Seamless, effective, and efficient.

Our SEO search traffic has consistently grown at least 30% month to month, and it is through an intricate process we developed using Clearscope.

Pros

Clearscope lives up to its name, truly clearing the scope of content down to the most important and vital terms to tackle so you can begin to rank in search results immediately. The approach and interface is simple and easy to understand, whether you're an SEO expert or novice. The customer support team always responds promptly and sends timely updates when needed.

Cons

I have essentially no complaints about Clearscope, except for one: some suggested terms are not always applicable to the content at hand. That, of course, isn't a deal-breaker.

Fantastic tool with great support and constant iteration to improve it

We've seen significant search traffic improvement to old posts after editing them in Clearscope. Also, it's a great tool for outlining and drafting new articles to make sure the content is well-aligned with search intent. The cost is somewhat high, but I haven't found anything else like it, so I think it's well worth the price. At first I thought I might sign up for a month, use up all the reports, then cancel and stop paying for it. But I'm getting so much ongoing value from it that I've been happily paying for months now.

Pros

This is far beyond any other keyword research tool I've ever used. It has great reporting and a nice keyword analysis tool, but I get the most value from the real-time editor. It allows you to compose or edit an article and watch its score improve instantly, without hitting save or taking any action. In the past I used real-time analysis tools like Hemingway to help with readability, but this takes it a step further to make sure I'm hitting all the relevant topics that will answer searchers' questions when I write or update an article.

NE

Nat E.

Game Changer for Optimizing Content for SEO

Pros

It makes it super easy to work with freelancers to make sure that you're creating articles that have a good potential to rank for their target keywords. Creating article outlines from Clearscope reports has made it simple for us to be sure that we're doing good optimizations on old content, and creating great new content.

Cons

The price per report feels high. I understand that it's complicated technology, but I think most businesses would have a hard time justifying the price point for SEO software that limits their use this much. It's ROI positive for us, though.

Zahra H.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent for Ranking Higher

I loved the tool. I was able to optimise approx 30 articles and we saw a jump in their viewing too. Not a very high jump but visible enough. The WP plugin was non-intrusive. The tool itself is very useful and gives you a lot of info about the content you may not know from before. The comp. links are a great window into what others have done and how we can improve our own.

Pros

The way this tool defines how many times you have to use certain words to rank high because that's what others are doing, is great. It shows the links where you can find your competition, and the generating links for WP is just very useful! I didnt expect the plugin to work very well, but it did and made everything a breeze.

Cons

The price. Its very costly. Pasting directly from the web version onto WP is a bust because a lot of formatting follows. It would be nice to have English Standard switch button to change between UK, US, AUS, CA standard of English

MW

Megan W.

Photography, 11-50 employees

187% increase in page views on our blog

Pros

Thanks to Clearscope and their team of content marketing experts, we were able to effortlessly start using a new tool in-house that contributed heavily to our recent success. Since the start of 2021, Clearscope has helped Flytographer reach a 187% increase in page views on our blog compared to 2020. We have ranked for keywords in our niche, appearing on the SERP for more than a handful of search queries targeted through using this software. Being able to produce a simple, collaborative report with all of the keywords and data included that I can easily share with writers AND achieve such high success was beyond my wildest expectations!

Cons

The only tricky part is figuring out which keywords to target. We have the basic plan, but I believe there is keyword searching abilities with other plans.

Abi T.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Clearscope works

Pros

Clearscope helps you develop semantically relevant, search intent driven content quickly. It pulls together a simple report on what to include, typical length and helps you think about how topic clusters should come together. It's been great for internal and external users to create new content. And it's great for refreshing old content, is a great way to protect the traffic you've already earned.

Cons

The text editor is still a WIP but you can always pull reports into GDocs.

BB

Brendan B.

Easy to use and very actionable!

Pros

Intuitive right out of the box. From running reports to modifying your content, it's really simple to use and the insights are easy to put into action. I've seen other tools attempt this type of analysis before, but it's either too convoluted or sloppily made. Clearscope has it dialed in definitely a tool you want in your SEO arsenal.

Cons

It's still a relatively new software, so obviously there is still more to build. The silver lining to this is that the team at Clearscope is very responsive and very open to feedback, so whenever I've requested something or reported a bug, they've responded and addressed the concern right away.

AB

Aniket B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Arguably the best keyword tool

Clearscope has saved me at least 30 minutes with every article I write. I am extremely happy about its simple yet clever functionality!

Pros

I have been writing articles on google docs for many years now, and keyword inclusion was a pain. Clearscope's integration with google docs shows a list of keywords on the right, their usage times, examples, etc. You don't need to switch between tabs looking at which keywords you have used and which you haven't. Excellent time-saver. The highlight option is also good, it helps edit without accidentally erasing any keywords

Cons

There's hardly anything to dislike about Clearscope. I do think it could be faster. Sometimes it takes a while to read through the stuff and even shows an incorrect notification of not connected to the internet

Jason C.

Power SEO Tool for Optimizing Old and New Content

I've been able to save time and feel more confident that the content I'm producing is highly relevant and optimized for SEO.

Pros

Clearscope is an extremely effective tool that helps me speed up the writing process and ensures I include relevant and related keywords from the start to produce better content. As a result, it helps the editors I work with save time since I've already used Clearscope to optimize the content before submitting. It's also allowed me to improve existing content on the sites I manage. Plus, the customer service is beyond what you'll get with any other tool-Bernard has been super helpful from day one.

Cons

The pricing structure was initially, but I think returns will increase as my experience does. It'll be interesting to see what other features they add.