All categories

Clearscope Reviews

Reviews Summary

Abi T.

Read the full review
Easy to use and extremely effective - Clearscope is a remarkably effective tool to help content marketers to optimize their blog content for SEO (particularly from a semantic search perspective).

Pat A.

Read the full review
Clearscope has been a great asset for your team and especially writers. The sharable links + GDoc integration allows them to not go outside of their usual workflow, but still, keep SEO top of mind.

Jason B.

Alex L.

Read the full review
I have yet to find something I dislike about Clearscope. It has solved our immediate business needs.

Stephanie S.

Read the full review
There's nothing I can think of that I don't like about Clearscope.

Lauren B.

4.9

This will save you time and earn you search cred.

I've saved countless hours in creating outlines for blog content throughout my agency. It's also given us tools to help rank for competitive search terms by unraveling what searchers are looking for.

Pros

There's not much I DON'T like, but I have to say my favorites are the Google Docs integration for relevant keywords, grade level, and overall "score." It makes my workflow so much easier, and it's easier for my writers to see their live "scores" while writing. It's also great for outlining and assigning articles, because I know what's relevant, how long the article should be, and how other top competitors stack up.

Cons

I haven't had any bad experiences with Clearscope so far. Even when I've had questions about a small functionality or needed help installing the Google Docs plugin, Clearscope was lightning fast to offer me incredible support.

It makes content research/development easy to manage while maximizing algorithmic-SEO qualitity.

Easy to use tool to help inform SEO-driven content creation and streamline the creation process. Also easy to optimize existing content.

Pros

New Content Development - For a given keyword, Clearscope pulls an easy to read report of keywords that should be included in a new piece of content, and how frequently - this makes it extremely easy for a writer (freelance or in house) to follow in order to deliver algorithmically strong SEO. Now, you just have to proof for editorial / voice, knowing it's strong content that has a better chance of...

Cons

Everything that comes to mind is really just out of personal preference for experience or aesh - The UI is clean, but could potentially be more modern. - Could be more distinct visual difference between the general keyword research tool (no limit on usage) and the keyword optimization tool (currently credit-based) to prevent user error.

Useful information but no transparency and not that smart

Pros

Clearscope offers useful analysis, especially of related words for any keyword. The generally quick overview of average word count is also useful.

Cons

The grading system is not transparent or smart. It's possible to get an A++ just by stuffing keywords. The word count can often be wrong as well.

Great Software for Content & SEO Agencies

The most obvious benefit, of course, is that we get more search traffic for our clients. And, that's very important. Besides that, I'd say that the fact that we've streamlined the content creation (or update) process even further, is an additional benefit. The good thing about Clearscope is that pretty much anyone can use it. You don't need to be an experienced user or anything like that. You just insert a Report URL into Google Docs and you're ready to start creating content based on Clearscope's recommendation.

Pros

Clearscope has integrates seamlessly with our internal processes. We're using it to create content for our clients—SaaS and tech companies—and also to help our clients' in-house content team create better content. Clearscope is really easy to use and has the best NLP content editor we've tried so far. In most cases, when we're using Clearscope to create or update content, we get better results in terms of search traffic. I'd recommend it to any content marketing agency or SaaS company that takes its content efforts seriously.

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about Clearscope so far. We're very selective in terms of our technology, so if there is something we don't like, we either find another solution or communicate our thoughts to the product team. So far so good with Clearscope.

My go-to SEO tool for creating content that ranks

Saves time in my content creation process. Helps create search-friendly articles. Higher rankings in Google search results. Useful and pretty reports.

Pros

I love how Clearscope reverse engineers what's already ranking on Google for any given keyword, then shows all the relevant terms I need to include to create a search-engine friendly article. Before, I used to type a keyword into Google, eyeball the results, then make an educated guess about what kind of content would be relevant and important to write about. I don't do that anymore because I use Clearscope....

Cons

I think they could add a helpful feature to let you know when your content went down a grade, so you can make updates to keep your stuff relevant. That's minor though. The core functionality is solid and I couldn't be happier.

Finally, something that really moves the needle for content marketers!

Exceptional, Their product really has delivered results for our SEO and effectiveness of our content.

Pros

I love the thinking behind this platform, it is so logical and transparent in regard to what it does that it is hard to really question its value. Now the work that was required to make it work has been rather enormous and we have seen great strides in the last year we have been using it, but from day one, its core function worked and always has. That alone is very rare. The support is excellent and that is because they care about their product, which I love about them. We have seen true SEO improvement with the tool and now use it on all our content.

Cons

I wish their team was a little larger so they could make the tool even better in less time. But their is that old adage that "all good things come to those who wait." :) I have seen that is true with Clearscope.

Fantastic product and support.

With this software, you can use semantic keywords in your pages/articles so giving an opportunity to rank them higher in Google. I've recently set up an experiment, and I was able to push hundreds of articles which were ranking on page 2 to page 1 by grading the content via Clearscope without building any links. The founder is a lovely​ guy ​and helpful. Love where this software is heading, and I'm excited for them.

Pros

Clearscope is a clever piece of software which uses several NLP machine learning algorithms to find semantic keywords to improve on-page SEO. Unlike the standard TF-IDF (Term frequency-inverse document frequency) used by other less sophisticated software.

Cons

We have to copy paste content into Clearscope for grading manually. If they can implement a way to use a URL to pull and grade content automatically it would be awesome — some WP plugin that can auto-update content after optimisation that would be sweet as well.

Vital Cog in the SEO Keyword Research Machine

Clearscope is an easy to use keyword research tool that, when used regularly with discipline, can increase organic search traffic dramatically. And the customer service is beyond good - it's super and goes well past simple FAQ or "how-to" information.

Pros

Easy to use. The dashboards for keyword search, report generation and content optimization are very user friendly, even for beginners. The true value of Clearscope comes after working with it for a period of time and learning how to incorporate it into your individual workflow. Once you master Clearscope, it becomes a vital cog in your editorial machine.

Cons

None. Clearscope serves the purpose for which it's intended perfectly for my needs.

Clearscope is our SEO secret weapon

Pros

Ever since we rebuilt our SEO and Content Marketing effort around Clearscope, we started seeing much faster compounding growth. - One of the best keyword research tools. We use it along with Gooogle Keyword Planner and Ahrefs - Best in class content report & optimization - Great & responsive customer support and onboarding Here's why content optimization with Clearscope is game changing: 1. Best in class. Literally, no other service comes close with respect to telling you what keywords & topics to cover to maximize your chances of ranking for a given keyword 2. We've eliminated the need for an SEO to go over our author's work. Clearscope is so easy that our authors are using it directly. As a result, our content ranks better and reads a lot better.

Cons

Clearscope is fantastic and we don't have any issues with it. We use Clearscope to optimize every single piece of content we publish.

Like having an seo consultant whenever you need

We were able to rank articles we ran through clear scope without having people familiar with seo

Pros

Intuitive . Helps users who are unfamiliar with seo be able to optimize content quickly. The support was always spot on and we levelled up the team really quickly using the software as a framework.

Cons

Cost. But who doesn’t complain about the price of things nowadays. Besides that, it could have been a bit faster when loading.

Clearscope is a great tool for crafting content!

We were very early adopters of Clearscope. I've had an excellent experience using it since the beginning, and so has my team. I always recommend it to everyone I work with.

Pros

I love how easy Clearscope makes it to find the content gaps between your competitors and you for any given keyword, on a granular level. This would be prohibitively time-consuming otherwise. That being said, my favorite feature is the content optimization tool. It allows you to easily fill in those gaps while crafting and/or optimizing your own content by providing live feedback on your progress. Lastly, the pricing is great for the value you are getting. Similar services are significantly costlier.

Cons

That there was no way to integrate it with Google Docs, so as to avoid having to copy paste the content into Clearscope for analysis. But they're working on making that possible now.

Clearscope helps us make smarter content

Pros

Our team can perform keyword research and try and make good decisions with our SEO content, but Clearscope empowers us to dig deeper and be more strategic about HOW we create content to ensure that we're organically reaching as many eyeballs as possible. Whether it's using the software to illuminate relevant terms or it's actually "grading" drafts of our content pieces to see how competitive they'll be from an SEO standpoint, Clearscope makes us smarter when it comes to content. It's also worth mentioning that the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is incredibly hands-on during onboarding and provides invaluable information about keyword research/user intent. His personal touch makes all the difference in the world in terms of learning this tool and getting started!

Cons

I have nothing critical or constructive to say about Clearscope!

Clearscope Is an Amazing Tool Built by Amazing People

Pros

My company produces a significant amount of content, all of which is written to drive and convert visitors from search engines. Clearscope helps ensure that our writers know what topics should be covered inside each article. It is an excellent addition to our highly structured content production process.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Clearscope.

Seamless, effective, and efficient.

Our SEO search traffic has consistently grown at least 30% month to month, and it is through an intricate process we developed using Clearscope.

Pros

Clearscope lives up to its name, truly clearing the scope of content down to the most important and vital terms to tackle so you can begin to rank in search results immediately. The approach and interface is simple and easy to understand, whether you're an SEO expert or novice. The customer support team always responds promptly and sends timely updates when needed.

Cons

I have essentially no complaints about Clearscope, except for one: some suggested terms are not always applicable to the content at hand. That, of course, isn't a deal-breaker.

Fantastic tool with great support and constant iteration to improve it

We've seen significant search traffic improvement to old posts after editing them in Clearscope. Also, it's a great tool for outlining and drafting new articles to make sure the content is well-aligned with search intent. The cost is somewhat high, but I haven't found anything else like it, so I think it's well worth the price. At first I thought I might sign up for a month, use up all the reports, then cancel and stop paying for it. But I'm getting so much ongoing value from it that I've been happily paying for months now.

Pros

This is far beyond any other keyword research tool I've ever used. It has great reporting and a nice keyword analysis tool, but I get the most value from the real-time editor. It allows you to compose or edit an article and watch its score improve instantly, without hitting save or taking any action. In the past I used real-time analysis tools like Hemingway to help with readability, but this takes it a step further to make sure I'm hitting all the relevant topics that will answer searchers' questions when I write or update an article.

Game Changer for Optimizing Content for SEO

Pros

It makes it super easy to work with freelancers to make sure that you're creating articles that have a good potential to rank for their target keywords. Creating article outlines from Clearscope reports has made it simple for us to be sure that we're doing good optimizations on old content, and creating great new content.

Cons

The price per report feels high. I understand that it's complicated technology, but I think most businesses would have a hard time justifying the price point for SEO software that limits their use this much. It's ROI positive for us, though.

Clearscope works

Pros

Clearscope helps you develop semantically relevant, search intent driven content quickly. It pulls together a simple report on what to include, typical length and helps you think about how topic clusters should come together. It's been great for internal and external users to create new content. And it's great for refreshing old content, is a great way to protect the traffic you've already earned.

Cons

The text editor is still a WIP but you can always pull reports into GDocs.

Easy to use and very actionable!

Pros

Intuitive right out of the box. From running reports to modifying your content, it's really simple to use and the insights are easy to put into action. I've seen other tools attempt this type of analysis before, but it's either too convoluted or sloppily made. Clearscope has it dialed in definitely a tool you want in your SEO arsenal.

Cons

It's still a relatively new software, so obviously there is still more to build. The silver lining to this is that the team at Clearscope is very responsive and very open to feedback, so whenever I've requested something or reported a bug, they've responded and addressed the concern right away.

Power SEO Tool for Optimizing Old and New Content

I've been able to save time and feel more confident that the content I'm producing is highly relevant and optimized for SEO.

Pros

Clearscope is an extremely effective tool that helps me speed up the writing process and ensures I include relevant and related keywords from the start to produce better content. As a result, it helps the editors I work with save time since I've already used Clearscope to optimize the content before submitting. It's also allowed me to improve existing content on the sites I manage. Plus, the customer service is beyond what you'll get with any other tool-Bernard has been super helpful from day one.

Cons

The pricing structure was initially, but I think returns will increase as my experience does. It'll be interesting to see what other features they add.

Easy-to-use and effective

Pros

Clearscope is a tremendous asset for an in-house or agency SEO team. It's easy to use for search professionals of almost all experience levels, cost-effective at scale, and provides valuable insights.

Cons

I don't have any major issues with Clearscope that impact my day-to-day experience with the tool. Further integrations with various CMS platforms would be great.

We started using Clearscope in November 2017 and overall love the tool!

We use the tool to identify content opportunities and to SEO optimize existing web pages.

Pros

A smart/strategic approach to identifying new content opportunities and for optimizing existing content. We use it for our blog and product descriptions. Clearscope was amazing and onboarding the team and showing us the process and providing the documentation we'd need to successful. Since using it, our blog readership has gone up 50%+ , sales have increased and our search rankings have increase due to the tool.

Cons

Overall we love the tool - they continue to add new features and functionality which is amazing. Only potential drawback is you can only create 100 reports a month, but we use the tool A LOT and still haven't maximized our limit.

Fantastic value

Pros

I love that you aren't locked into a contract and this scores exactly what we need to do to rank content in search, as well as give us a competitive analysis not just of other websites, but on a per-article basis.

Cons

It isn't valuable ongoing if you don't create a ton of content, however, you aren't locked into a contract, which is nice.

My favorite tool in my growth toolkit

Clearscope is inexpensive, especially in light of the value it delivers to our team in terms of SERP rankings and relevant traffic growth that we can turn into ARR. It makes running our SEO focused content program so much easier and clearer. SEO is such a black box and this tool helps demystify it a bit.

Pros

I wouldn't run a content program without Clearscope - it is the most essential tool my team uses. I love that it helps us structure our SEO blog posts and that it analyzes our content, gives it a grade and makes suggestions for keywords to help it rank.

Cons

There's nothing I can think of that I don't like about Clearscope. It's a very simple and straightforward tool to use and delivers big value.

Must Have for Evergreen Content Team

We are shifting away from 24-hour news to evergreen informational content. Clearscope is integrated into the workflow of 30+ writers on our team and removes the need for someone to spot-check SEO prior to publishing.

Pros

Clearscope makes it easy for writers without SEO experience to consistently produce content that ranks. We used to manually reverse engineer top ranking results using macros and Ahrefs. It was a semi-automated process. But Clearscope has allowed us to fully automate the process and spares us time/headaches : )

Cons

Wish the report overview was a little bit easier to find (always forget you need to click the keyword).

Awesome product and very caring team behind it.

Pros

- Has a tremendous amount of SEO-oriented features available. - Is available in multiple different languages (we tried French and English) - Their team is very responsive and flexible in terms of specific demands - Setup is incredibly easy and the tool can be used in seconds after purchasing a license - The tool itself works very fast and is already providing results to some of our clients - More and more features are added, based on client feedback

Cons

- The pricing structure is somewhat strict at first and may seem expensive for inexperienced SEOs, but works like a charm once correctly understood

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.