Google Maps Logo

Desktop and mobile GPS mapping service

Google Maps Reviews

Suggested alternatives

landone-takeoff
govpilot
boss811

Google Maps is a superior directions service due to its ability to provide biking directions, while still maintaining the same (or better) quality of directions to its competitors.
Great experience I would highly recommend it to anyone family or friend cause I know it would be a great experience.
It constantly updates to give you the most accurate traffic conditions and best driving route. You can navigate hands free which is super important while operating a vehicle.
Some highways, the instruction can be unclear which causes me to take the wrong exit or wrong lane.
My only issue is the arrow has problems with calibration. So sometimes it shows me that I'm heading a direction that I'm not headed and I end up getting lost.
The app has some issues with crashing at very bad times(when I have no idea where I am). Also this app has taken me to the wrong house very often.

1,630 reviews

Andrew B.

Global SEO/Digital Marketing Program Manager

Computer Hardware, 10,001+ employees

Google Maps provides a robust API that sets it apart from other solutions.

Transcript

Andrew: Hi, my name is Andrew. I'm an SEO manager. I give Google Maps a four out of five. For more reviews...

Brandon B.

Teacher

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Works Better Than Waze

Transcript

Brandon: Hi, my name's Brandon. I'm in education. I'm a teacher and I give Google Maps a five out of...

Md Mahbub A.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The Most Effective Tour Buddy I Found is Google Maps

Google Maps is an incredible tool that allows users to get directions. However, Google Maps is more than just directions. Google Maps includes layers on top of maps, so you can customize your own experience. For example, if you want to find a vegetarian restaurant, you can find out where the restaurants are located on Google Maps. You can also look up a merchant and find directions to their store. Even you can check whether your desired restaurants are open or not, the live traffic of the routes, satellite views, and more! I can't imagine my trip without google maps.

Pros

The most appealing aspect of Google Maps is its simplicity. The interface is clean and easy to use, while still providing a wealth of features and information. The map itself is also very accurate and detailed, making it a useful tool for navigation. Its navigation is pretty accurate. I have never had a problem with it not finding an address or giving me the wrong directions. Another thing I like is that you can see satellite images of places. This can be helpful when you are trying to find a specific building or landmark. Finally, I like that you can overlay different types of information on the map. For example, you can view traffic conditions or public transit options as well. It saves time to bypass the busy route while you are driving a car.

Cons

I used to face navigation issues around 7 years back. Even one day I was looking for a restaurant and I was passing the location surrounding the main spot but was not finding the spot due to a navigation error. It was really disturbing navigation. After that I didn't use the maps for 2 years, can you imagine? But nowadays it is much more improved, I hope Google maps will continue its development for the ease of the users' needs.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great Navigation Software

Greate Navigation App and I'm using Google Maps wherever I go. Google Maps is my everyday navigation app.

Pros

Pros: I like Google Maps for great navigation app, as most people use Google Maps in my area. Google Maps has become essential for all drivers and people who try to find what and where they want to go. One more pro is that I can choose which road I should take and see any real-time traffic ahead before going.

Cons

Cons: There are so few that I can say, but the main cons for me is that some time the instructions for the navigations take me to the long road rather than send me the route of less traffic and less time of travel.

Photography, self-employed

Google Maps has a map for wherever you are in the world, but the driving navigation is hit or miss

As much as I appreciate the benefits of Google Maps for its comprehensiveness and versatility, the navigation issues I encountered in San Francisco and Boston caused severe enough issues for me that I switched to another mapping/navigation app. This was a disappointing change for me to make, because I had no issues with the app until I made those repeated trips to San Francisco (and then again to Boston!) I hope that in the future those issues can be resolved, and Google Maps will once again be my navigation and mapping app of choice.

Pros

What I like the most about Google Maps: * Comprehensive library of maps - This app has you covered no matter where you are. I have used Google Maps to walk about Shanghai, to navigate traffic in Dallas, and find my way around Times Square in New York. * It easily allows you to toggle layers in the maps - displaying red/yellow/green traffic density, as well as other optional displays * Routing from point A to point B can be customized in many ways - are you walking? Going by train? Driving? If you're driving, do you want to avoid tolls? And on it goes... options are good.

Cons

Google Maps has some glaring "blind spots" where the app doesn't function quite right; the map and/or positioning data is not quite right, and it causes some big problems while driving. San Francisco has been the most common city for me to travel to on business over the years, and Google Maps seems to have a big problem navigating around Silicon Valley. The voice navigation constantly sends the driver on random traffic circles, causing me to get lost on more than one occasion. This is very problematic, given the traffic volume there. This also happened on a business trip in Boston - the voice navigation didn't direct me to exit until I was right up on the exit. This happened repeatedly. Not good.

SU

Sindhu U.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

To Reach with ease

It's very good experience I had with Google maps as a doctor i have to travel different areas and hospitals for internship it makes my life better

Pros

It makes life so less complicated with the best of route maps with busy routes and in less time possible

Cons

The accuracy sometimes the maps shows the wrong route after taking a turn without warning before

RG

Ruben G.

Real Estate, self-employed

Love the app, it's definitely one of my go to use programs every day.

Pros

Quick and accurate to use in multiple countries. It's one of the things on my phone I feel most confident in working.

Cons

Sometimes in congested areas, the map doesn't function as it should.

JR

JOMAR R.

Supermarkets, 10,001+ employees

The Best Maps!

As a person with motorcycle. This s very helpful and convenient to me.

Pros

I used it for 4 years now. Very helpful to me specially when I don't know the route to the place where I need to go.

Cons

Some streets and dead end roads still not captured by them.

GM

Gretchen M.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

I love Google maps

I love Google maps and can't imagine going back to actual road atlas's again!

Pros

Easy to read and understand directions with visual and sound cues. Accurate maps.

Cons

Doesn't work well in the mountains or extremely remote locations

AC

Audrey C.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

A Must Have for Driving--Especially in the city.

Super! Maps are always up-to-date, accurate, very easy to use. You'll see if there are any speed traps reported on your route. Being able to share your location with work, family and friends brings peace of mind. I use Google Maps often and it never lets me down.

Pros

Voice guidance, so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Cons

Although the driving maps are always up-to-date, I find that if I zoom in on an address, it will show an old picture/street view from when the Google Map creator drove by and that could be a couple of years ago. If they could update it more frequently, that would be great.

SA

Sital A.

Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees

Google maps

Pros

Very happy with the interface google maps are easy to use and share to other people

Cons

Sometimes the routes picked are not optimal but it will re route.

BK

Brian K.

Research, 201-500 employees

"Map?" Is That Like, "Google Maps?"

Pros

Aside from being the most used GPS app for navigating, Google Maps, is what we all use when we are trying to get from point A to point B, or when we need to stop by point A1 and point A4 on the way to point B. Google Maps is the people's map. It's free, accessible, and works on any and all browsers. Google Maps gets the nuances of convoluted streets and winding roads. Google Maps is the best. Period.

Cons

There isn't anything not to like about Google Maps. I LOVE IT.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Amazing navigation tool with amazing features 10/10 would recommend!

I always use Google Maps for easy navigation when I need to go to new places that I am not familiar with. The bonus is that you can check reviews of different places.

Pros

Effective and easy program to use to navigate. Most areas near you will appear on google maps. you can use Google Maps to search up different modes of transportation such as walking, biking, driving, and taking public transit. It is a very easy program to use because all you need to do is type in the name of the starting and ending location and google maps will in less than 5 seconds give you various...

Cons

Wifi is required to use Google Maps but that is understandable. I don't have any big dislikes. I really like how easy and simple Google Maps is to use but I wish that it could be used without wifi.

Suyogya G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

My Experience with Google Maps as a Nepali Citizen

Overall, Google Maps has helped Nepalese citizens a lot in finding the places they want to go. It pretty much has every place that need to be on the map. If not, we can add our own by requesting a change. I myself use it very often while travelling and going to new places. However, I would not trust it to take me to places which have very narrow roads.

Pros

The routing system that google maps offer is by far the best feature. Even in a county like Nepal where there is no town planning, Google Maps gets the route right often. It shows how much time will be needed to get to the destination via shortest route. Another feature I like about Google Maps is the Contributions. We can contribute to the maps by providing latest information about the places. Contributors have levels which increases as they contribute more to the maps. This helps in keeping the maps updated with current changes because google itself will take months to update.

Cons

Even though Google Maps gets the routes in Nepal current often, there are still many inaccuracies and mistakes. Nepal has a lot of narrow roads which are sometimes not shown in Maps because they are very small. This has led to Google Maps giving out wrong directions sometimes because of missing some narrow roads. The map itself is not updated very often. Also, in other countries, they have street view almost everywhere but that is by far not the case in Nepal. Street views are very limited, and Nepal is yet to see a Google Maps car hit the road.

Sabharish K.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best maps and navigation application out there, truly cutting edge technology!

Overall experience has been decent considering that Google Maps is experimenting with a lot of things and I don't want them to try too hard. It is good at what it does but it seems like the app is being overloaded with many unnecessary features. I would still continue using Google Maps as my primary navigation application but nothing beyond that.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is the gamification of the user experience. Even if I know where I'm going, I want to use Google Maps because it enhances my experience. I am a Beta Tester of the app so I also get to experience some new features first hand which is awesome. Accurate traffic, real-time updates on construction work, great suggestions for alternative routes and gives you the option to choose the fastest or shortest route etc. I love the ability to add stops along the way and it perfectly forecasts the estimated detour. Can use Google Assistant directly from maps which helps me avoid distraction and focus on the road as well.

Cons

Recently, it has gotten overwhelming with a bit too many features that it is causing more confusion than help. It has like a home screen now where you can control your media and listen to music or podcasts or radio etc. make phone calls and write text messages all from within Google Maps without having to go to other apps manually. It is great because it reduces the time and effort but at the same...

MC

Mike C.

Photography, self-employed

This is one of my most used apps that I could not live without

Pros

Google Maps is an absolute must for any of my navigational needs. It has reshaped the way people drive. There are no more needs to have paper maps. The searching feature of google maps is very friendly using normal language. Just ask google maps to find the best place for ice cream near me and it does it. The reviews and photos that people add to the maps are very helpful in deciding where to go. It is also a great way to avoid traffic as it updates in real time. I love the feature that you can use voice search while already on a rout to find pit stops such as gas stations along the route and it tells you the extra amount of time it will take before you decide what extra stop to add.

Cons

The navigation no longer will reroute users to side streets. The desktop version used to have a feature that would show you photos taken by users in the area. I would often use this to scout shooting locations for my business. This feature is either hidden or no longer in service. This function would be a great resource to me if it was added to the phone app. The Google MyMaps feature is a great idea but falls flat do to security issues. ANyone with access to your specific map can easily copy the map and reuse it for their own purposes. I would like the ability to share my maps that I have created with others without the fear that they can copy it and share it with others whom I do not want them to have access to my content.

Sanchit B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

How is this tool free?!

Google Maps is my partner in crime, while it can always be better it is without doubt the closest I've seen to app perfection

Pros

I find it really strange Maps is free, when I can safely say a large majority of users would've been willing to pay for it. The wealth of data at our fingertips is unimaginable. Whether you like to drive, take transit, walk, bike, or rideshare, Maps has you covered. Even combinations of most of these modes with transit works (save for biking). Ride times are very accurate, transit arrival times are...

Cons

I wish there was a way to keep being able to look up places without exiting your ongoing trip for modes besides transit, eg. If you have a walking trip going but you want to search for food in a particular area you have to exit your trip, do your thing, then restart the trip. This works seamlessly for transit though

RA

Rich A.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Google Maps Review

Getting my technicians to job sites, mostly residential properties, efficiently/timely and accurately is critical to my business in keep clients pleased with our service and expectations for tech arrivals. Google Maps provides us the tool that gives my techs the peace of mind that the tool with guide them to the property sites on time and accurately.

Pros

In our business, we are always on the go, on the road, completing job assessments or jobs associated with residential properties thus having an online tool that helps us get to our job sites efficiently is very important to us, as it can save us a lot of time and money in this process.

Cons

In some rare instances, it can misdirect you to a property on the wrong side of the street for a job site. This is extremely rare and by far an exception. Beyond this, it works exceptionally well for us.

Corine T.

Computer Software, self-employed

The Map I Trust Most

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with Google Maps. I don't use any other software for maps and directions. I rarely go anywhere without using Google Maps because I rely on it so much! There are a lot of features that Google Maps has that I love, besides the regular map/directions. I like that if you are looking for a coffee shop or a hair salon you can just type that into the Google Maps search and it will show you all of the available options in your area. Google Maps is an excellent software that really goes above and beyond. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Pros

For me, what I like most about this software is that it is usable anywhere in the world! It will give you accurate directions in any country! I've used Google Maps not only in the US, but also in the Middle East and in Europe! I also love that it gives very accurate eta and shows where there will be the most traffic. I completely trust Google Maps overall.

Cons

What I least like about this software is that sometimes it saves your parking location, which is helpful when trying to find your car later on, but sometimes it doesn't save the parking information. I feel like I never know when it's going to save my parking location and when it isn't, so I don't really rely on it when it comes to parking.

Andrew S.

Farming, 51-200 employees

The best navigation software ever!

I could not do without it for my job (Driving around to customers etc) and would never go back to a standard GPS.

Pros

Nothing to not like about Google maps, amazing for scouting out places before you visit, hop across the world in a mouse click and most impressive is the navigation side of it all. Uses minimal phone battery and the traffic routing is incredible! Not many people realise that google use the data from other users on the road to identify traffic jams and slow moving roads, this gives google an unprecedented amount of traffic data which makes the updates so fast and accurate! Also means that jams and slow moving traffic can be detected in small side roads/country lanes which could not have been done before (with standard traffic cameras).

Cons

Its a shame they removed the phone app functionality to turn the screen off between instructions, but its not the end of the world as the battery usage is quite reasonable.

Internet, self-employed

Easiest and the most convenient navigation tool!

Overall, my experience with Google Maps is very positive. I use it daily to travel places and I trust it more than any other apps out there.

Pros

It's super easy to use. Unlike other navigation tools, Google Maps has a super easy user interface which makes it very simple to understand. Even my grandfather uses Google Maps to go to places now because it doesn't complicate him.

Cons

The one criticism I have is that Google Maps sometimes doesn't have the maps updated in certain locations. This makes it challenging sometimes when you're driving and not sure where to go because the map in the app isn't like the one in the road.

LB

Laura B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Keeps me on the right track...literally!

This is how much I love Google Maps, I got a new phone with new Mapping Software, and I opted to KEEP Google Maps because I LOVE it.

Pros

I LOVE that Google Maps is so easy to use and universal! I don't need a special phone to access a special mapping system. It stores where I've been which saves time not having to look up places again and again. If I try a new place and want to go again, but can't remember what it was called, Maps stores the info! The route calculation puts my mind at ease when going off campus for a meeting, I know...

Cons

I honestly have no cons. It's simple to use with the complex capacity to keep me on the right track.

JK

John K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

this is the way

As a Real estate agent, I'm all over Texas, and considering I've only lived here for 18 months id be lost without google maps. Literally lol It helps me get to my showings on time with live traffic updates and eta times. Also, enjoy the option to add what time I'm leaving to show what traffic might be during those hours. I love google maps and I really don't know what id do without it

Pros

What I enjoy is not getting lost lol If there's one thing google maps does right is get me to where I have to go otherwise id be lost. Otherwise, I really enjoy the eco-friendly route option. I appreciate that it was added and find myself using it a lot. it barely adds more time honestly maybe a min or two or nothing at all. Plus it makes me feel good. We all gotta do our part

Cons

Sometimes it will recalculate the route mid-route or right before I'm supposed to turn or get off an exit and then I either miss my turn or exit. Not something that happens often but enough where id bring it to attention here.

MH

Melanie H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Google Maps saves time and money

I've been more than pleased with my experience using Google Maps, and I think anyone who needs directions or wants to learn a little about you uulearnu

Pros

I have been using Google Maps almost every day for a few years now and I can't imagine what I'd do without it. With every new job site that we have comes a unique set of obstacles, and Google Maps consistently helps us to clear many of those hurdles. Every employee is able to get to the job location with ease thanks to the Directions function, which includes traffic conditions, estimated travel times for multiple modes of transportation and even information on any detours. Google Maps also provides detailed descriptions of nearby businesses, making it easy as pie to find a spot for lunch and the nearest locations of supplies and materials needed for the job.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about when it comes to using Google Maps for work or personal reasons.

RM

Rob M.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Good, But Used To Be Better

Very positive. However, I have switched to Apple maps for navigation on my cell phone because of Google's questionable data privacy actions.

Pros

It's quite handy for plotting out a route with multiple stops and finding the bestest/shortest/quickest route from one stop to another.

Cons

A function of my job requires me to find the closest fire station to an address. I used to be able to search Nearby for Fire Station, and a list would appear. As I hovered over each location in the list the distance from the address in question to that fire station would appear at the bottom of the screen. This feature was disabled a few months ago, and now I have to take several more steps to find the distance from my selected address to each fire station.Also, the number of stops in a route is limited to 10 (I believe).

Miguel R.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Highly sophisticated application

My overall experience with the application has been extremely pleasant. I used this application on a weekly basis to track the amount of traffic on my way to work or on my way back from work to plan accordingly. It also gives me the option to check for the how long the drive is and amount of traffic at that certain time. This is a very functional application that is definitely useful on a daily basis and I will continue to use for a very a long time.

Pros

Besides the fact that the application allows me to check the nearest restaurants, gas stations and supermarkets, one of the features that I enjoy the most about this software is that I am able to also check hotels near me and the prices as well. Also, one new feature that has been added that I find very helpful is that I am able to leave my reviews on the sites I have visited and the reviews that people have left as well

Cons

Although this application is highly functional and easy to use, I do find that sometimes it crashes very easily and takes longer to load when you don’t follow the route on the map.

JA

João A.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Simply the best

Pros

It's easy to say good things about google maps, everyone has been using it since they are born and probably still do use it. The simple design and they way it's so easy to use it, makes it the best option when i need to find something that i don't know where it is or when i need to drive there. I usually use it anytime i need to go somewhere new, i like the feature of street view which allows me to...

Cons

I think the only con i can say is the voice assistant, sometimes it lags and gets delay the whole time after it.