All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Google Maps Reviews

Pros

The navigation is really good, the possibility to add stops is amazing, it lets you plan a route with several points and takes them into account to give you a really good ETA.

José Rafael C.

Read the full review
Wonderful application: easy to use base navigation, great side-features, and an interface that is simply lovely to look at.

Read the full review
My overall experience with Google is great. I can find places in a matter of seconds and best of all it show's the entire world at a glimpse.

Read the full review

Cons

I struggle to find any cons to google maps. There are occasions when the driving setting can take you down alternative routes but this is worse on other similar apps.

Freddie I.

Read the full review
Sometimes map is not right and i get lost, and then try to find my way from people.

Salome M.

Read the full review
I Googled the problem 3 ways only to get sent to the interface for business owners. There IS an option to leave feedback about errors on Google's maps.

Rob M.

Works Better Than Waze

Transcript

Brandon: Hi, my name's Brandon. I'm in education. I'm a teacher and I give Google Maps a five out of...

Navigation

Transcript

Nakita: Hi, my name is Nakita. I work as a Processing Clerk for the Wholesale Industry, and I give Google...

Stop Getting Lost, Use Google Maps

Overall Google Maps helps the traveling side of the business flow more smoothly without many problems or issues. This also helps to save on valuable time that would otherwise be used in troubleshooting. The many features and options offered help us to navigate to the best of our abilities.

Pros

When you think about navigation apps, Waze and Mapquest instantly come to mind but people often overlook one if the best ones due to it coming pre-installed on phones from the factory. Google Maps offers so much more than consumers give credit for. For one the features and options, such as the different views of default, satellite, and terrain. These comes in very handy when trying to determine the...

Cons

One of the biggest cons I have come across is that there is no direct way to share your map information directly to social media. Also it does seem to pit quite a strain on your battery. Of course there is times where map information may not be 100% correct or live but this is to be expected with all navigation apps. The last issue I have come across is when you miss a direction turn the app often stay locked to the pre determined route, instead of recalcilating a alternate route.

How is this tool free?!

Google Maps is my partner in crime, while it can always be better it is without doubt the closest I've seen to app perfection

Pros

I find it really strange Maps is free, when I can safely say a large majority of users would've been willing to pay for it. The wealth of data at our fingertips is unimaginable. Whether you like to drive, take transit, walk, bike, or rideshare, Maps has you covered. Even combinations of most of these modes with transit works (save for biking). Ride times are very accurate, transit arrival times are...

Cons

I wish there was a way to keep being able to look up places without exiting your ongoing trip for modes besides transit, eg. If you have a walking trip going but you want to search for food in a particular area you have to exit your trip, do your thing, then restart the trip. This works seamlessly for transit though

Great Map App, but Not My Go-to

Pros

When I'm on the go, I typically use my map apps built into my iPhone, but I occasionally will use Google Maps when searching on my computer. The pro of Google Maps is a lot of companies use it. Typically when you click on highlighted map address online (Yelp, facebook, etc), the default is google maps.

Cons

The big con about Google Maps is that the routes it provides are not always the quickest, or best routes. I used Google maps a lot when I lived in a rural area (and it was great for that), but now that I live in a very populated area with roads constantly changing or going under construction, the maps aren't as useful. Google Maps doesn't seem to quite know all the quicker routes and definitely doesn't...

Accurate live data

Pros

What I like the most about using this software is the consistent and constant updated data it provides. Whenever I input an address for directions, Google Maps will provide me with all the routes available with the amount of time it will take to get there based on distance and traffic in real-time. It will even suggest taking an alternate route while already in route, if it finds a more convenient route to take. I also especially love how I am able to search nearby specific establishments that are on the way to my destination, whether it is a gas station, coffee shop, or a restaurant. Highly recommend this app, because it is always accurate, and it is extremely convenient in all its features that it provides.

Cons

I'd have to say that the only thing negative thing that has happened a few times is the exact pinpoint of my current location. Once in a while, it will think I am on the street parallel to the one that I am actually on and try to reroute me. I continue the route that I was originally following, and eventually, the GPS matches back to where I actually am. I think if there was a way to accurately calibrate the precise location of where I am, the problem could be easily solved.

One of the best navigator apps in the market

Overall, it's a very reliable navigator app. It provides most of the features you might need when you try to go to some places. More importantly, it's free (maybe it's not free. We pay user data, instead of money).

Pros

I like Google Map because it can provide me with the best route based on the current route condition. For example, if the traffic on the shortest route is heavy, it will provide an alternative route, longer but save you lots of time. In most cases, you can trust the info provided by Google Map. I guess that is the advantage of the large user base of Google Map. So many people are using it, so Google can tell the traffic in which area is heavy. Another good feature of Google Map is that it provides much additional information. For example, if you plan your trip and try to find a hotel. Google Map can show not only the hotels in that area but also the prices during the date you select. This feature makes your search much easier.

Cons

I have a concern with my privacy data because this app really knows where you go. Sometimes, I look up a place in Google Map, and it's labeled as "you visited this place 3 months ago". Maybe Google has strict policies on user data, but I still don't feel too good about it. There's another thing you should pay attention to. If you are using Google Map in a parking area and trying to drive to the street, you have to think if you should turn left or right. When you are in the parking area, this map does not know your current direction, so you have to find out that info by yourself.

Highly sophisticated application

My overall experience with the application has been extremely pleasant. I used this application on a weekly basis to track the amount of traffic on my way to work or on my way back from work to plan accordingly. It also gives me the option to check for the how long the drive is and amount of traffic at that certain time. This is a very functional application that is definitely useful on a daily basis and I will continue to use for a very a long time.

Pros

Besides the fact that the application allows me to check the nearest restaurants, gas stations and supermarkets, one of the features that I enjoy the most about this software is that I am able to also check hotels near me and the prices as well. Also, one new feature that has been added that I find very helpful is that I am able to leave my reviews on the sites I have visited and the reviews that people have left as well

Cons

Although this application is highly functional and easy to use, I do find that sometimes it crashes very easily and takes longer to load when you don’t follow the route on the map.

Best there is

Even though there are a few issues it is still the easiest map app I have tried.

Pros

Google maps are simple to use, very self-explanatory, gives many options of travel as well as levels of view. Allows you to share your location or for others to share their location with you. You can search for a particular gas station or store along your current set route. You can enter in more than one destination and Google Maps will display the routes and you can rearrange the stops to put them in any order you need no matter what order they were entered.

Cons

I remember at one time there was a feature where other users could mark Google Maps to let others know where there was an accident, police presence, or slow traffic. That was EXTREMELY helpful, yet they took it away. Destination, road updates, and business information are not always up to date and there is nowhere to offer corrections for investigation.

Google Maps is for Bikers Too

Google Maps is a superior directions service due to its ability to provide biking directions, while still maintaining the same (or better) quality of directions to its competitors.

Pros

I like the ability to input a biking route the best. This is not a functionality that is readily available on other mainstream map services (looking at iPhone 'Map' app), and therefore is the main benefit for using it. I also like that it gives you real-time traffic.

Cons

There is really nothing I dislike about this software. If I had to pick something it would be that the app can be a bit bulky at times, and may run down my battery more than the iPhone Map app. However, this is just my individual phone's experience.

Where 2 go, what 2 do.....

Even at its worst its not bad, definitely not a deal breaker. From traffic jams affecting the commute time, to small suggestions of restaurants and service stations. It second nature to reach for my phone and get to Google Maps

Pros

Plain and simple...get there and get there on time! Many times in past years Google Maps has been completely responsible for me getting to a new place, in unfamiliar area, right on time. And with the same ease as finding the closest fuel station, wherever your location.

Cons

So i have a specific route to the casino that is about an hour away. While on longer trips as such, i like to monitor my trip with Google Maps. But for some reason i cant get it to acknowledge my route, because its back roads i guess maybe....very frustrating.

Destinations

Overall, google maps has been an excellent product. The ease of use and functionality of it help it exceed expectations, putting it far ahead of similar products.

Pros

Google maps is extremely easy to use. The way google has it set up, the most inexperienced would be able to use it. The functionality is great. There are some great features on google maps.it will show great hotel, shopping , or dining destinations. It also saves your home and work for easier commute. It also helps with public transit

Cons

Some of the destinations could be more precise on the map, as well as more accurate directions. It can cause some hinderance when traveling in unknown parts.

Best maps and navigation application out there, truly cutting edge technology!

Overall experience has been decent considering that Google Maps is experimenting with a lot of things and I don't want them to try too hard. It is good at what it does but it seems like the app is being overloaded with many unnecessary features. I would still continue using Google Maps as my primary navigation application but nothing beyond that.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is the gamification of the user experience. Even if I know where I'm going, I want to use Google Maps because it enhances my experience. I am a Beta Tester of the app so I also get to experience some new features first hand which is awesome. Accurate traffic, real-time updates on construction work, great suggestions for alternative routes and gives you the option to choose the fastest or shortest route etc. I love the ability to add stops along the way and it perfectly forecasts the estimated detour. Can use Google Assistant directly from maps which helps me avoid distraction and focus on the road as well.

Cons

Recently, it has gotten overwhelming with a bit too many features that it is causing more confusion than help. It has like a home screen now where you can control your media and listen to music or podcasts or radio etc. make phone calls and write text messages all from within Google Maps without having to go to other apps manually. It is great because it reduces the time and effort but at the same...

Endless Features with a Clean Interface

Pros

I like Google Maps because they've mastered the art of providing lots of features without making their application difficult to use or junky. I prefer this over the Maps app that comes with my iPhone because it's much easier to edit my trip. If I don't want to take a certain bridge or highway, Google Maps can show me alternate routes and the additional time it would take in one tiny place on the screen....

Cons

The only bad thing I can say about Google Maps is that it doesn't always know which direction I'm facing, which can be tricky. There's an arrow that follows along the path and shows you whether you're going in the same direction of the path or not. There were times when the arrow was pointing in a different direction than the path so, I made a U-Turn and later realized that I was actually going in the right direction before.

Eh ... for some things, yes. Others no.

Pros

When I'm online and I want to check to see how far someplace is from me, Google Maps is definitely the place I go to check. So I do use it a lot. And it is integrated into a lot of websites, so you can get directions from it, but I have learned the hard way that the directions Google Maps provides are not always that great. And when you're on a motorcycle, going somewhere you've never been before,...

Cons

Upon reflection, it appears that most of the things I listed in the pros section of this review are actually pretty negative, and I have to say, that is my general feeling about Google Maps. It's like undressing in front of an open window - there's no privacy at all anymore with Google. Ever wonder why they offer so many things for free? Look what they're getting in return - they know every detail...

Like as a user. Leaving reviews has become a real pain.

Pros

Good for finding restaurants, etc. with reasonable feedback. I use TripAdvisor for in-depth research. The killer advantages are the location, directions, up-to-date opening times and busy times, built up by tracking Android phones in and out of the businesses.

Cons

I used to like the reminders of places I had been to leave feedback. Recently, the review entry window has been changed to provide updates and suggestions whilst you are typing in. Mostly these are not needed and a mild irritant. The real pain is that all these updates are now setting my typing entry point back to character one so the end of a word I am typing ends up as corruption at the start. This...

This is one of my most used apps that I could not live without

Pros

Google Maps is an absolute must for any of my navigational needs. It has reshaped the way people drive. There are no more needs to have paper maps. The searching feature of google maps is very friendly using normal language. Just ask google maps to find the best place for ice cream near me and it does it. The reviews and photos that people add to the maps are very helpful in deciding where to go. It is also a great way to avoid traffic as it updates in real time. I love the feature that you can use voice search while already on a rout to find pit stops such as gas stations along the route and it tells you the extra amount of time it will take before you decide what extra stop to add.

Cons

The navigation no longer will reroute users to side streets. The desktop version used to have a feature that would show you photos taken by users in the area. I would often use this to scout shooting locations for my business. This feature is either hidden or no longer in service. This function would be a great resource to me if it was added to the phone app. The Google MyMaps feature is a great idea but falls flat do to security issues. ANyone with access to your specific map can easily copy the map and reuse it for their own purposes. I would like the ability to share my maps that I have created with others without the fear that they can copy it and share it with others whom I do not want them to have access to my content.

Google Maps Review

Getting my technicians to job sites, mostly residential properties, efficiently/timely and accurately is critical to my business in keep clients pleased with our service and expectations for tech arrivals. Google Maps provides us the tool that gives my techs the peace of mind that the tool with guide them to the property sites on time and accurately.

Pros

In our business, we are always on the go, on the road, completing job assessments or jobs associated with residential properties thus having an online tool that helps us get to our job sites efficiently is very important to us, as it can save us a lot of time and money in this process.

Cons

In some rare instances, it can misdirect you to a property on the wrong side of the street for a job site. This is extremely rare and by far an exception. Beyond this, it works exceptionally well for us.

Google Maps is the King of Mapping

Pros

Google Maps is a great service that beats almost every other mapping service. I use it personally and for business: 1) It just works! Google maps are accurate and detailed, in most cases you can easily find what you are looking for. The voice navigation is mostly on point, though it can be a bit misguided at times. You can follow the 2) Business listings on Google Maps are a godsend, being able...

Cons

My biggest frustration with Google Maps is when recalculating directions to a location, it always uses the main route, in many cases there are other routes that can be used but it seems it only can only handle 2 alternative routes not more than that.

The Map I Trust Most

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with Google Maps. I don't use any other software for maps and directions. I rarely go anywhere without using Google Maps because I rely on it so much! There are a lot of features that Google Maps has that I love, besides the regular map/directions. I like that if you are looking for a coffee shop or a hair salon you can just type that into the Google Maps search and it will show you all of the available options in your area. Google Maps is an excellent software that really goes above and beyond. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Pros

For me, what I like most about this software is that it is usable anywhere in the world! It will give you accurate directions in any country! I've used Google Maps not only in the US, but also in the Middle East and in Europe! I also love that it gives very accurate eta and shows where there will be the most traffic. I completely trust Google Maps overall.

Cons

What I least like about this software is that sometimes it saves your parking location, which is helpful when trying to find your car later on, but sometimes it doesn't save the parking information. I feel like I never know when it's going to save my parking location and when it isn't, so I don't really rely on it when it comes to parking.

Good accuracy, good features and tie-in

It's really functional and accurate. It feels more.. ironclad and I use it when I absolutely need to ensure I get to a place. I'm sure it has features that I don't use or don't use fully, but Waze is even more intuitive and is generally more useful and more fun for my purposes. That said, you can't go too bad with a free app, right? If Waze was shut down tomorrow I would not be at all worried, as Google Maps really is comparable.

Pros

It's easy to use, has some useful tie ins with chrome and Gmail. It's very accurate getting me to the right place. You can see reviews for businesses immediately when entering their address. There's often a Google Street image, whether the address is business or residential. Depending on your industry, this can be helpful in finding the right spot. I only use it for business purposes when I have to go to courthouses in towns I've never visited.

Cons

Contrasted with Waze, Google Maps often tells me an address is on the wrong side of the street and can have precision difficulties for the final part of a trip. It runs/responds a bit slower than Waze. I like Waze's "community" and having others warn about hazards. Waze is also much more fun, with funny special guest voices and vehicle icons etc. Goggle Maps is very good, these are just little gripes, which is why I've rated it 4 stars overall, I would rate Waze 5 stars due to these differences.

Amazing Google Maps

Pros

Most amazing features of Google Maps are Directions, Custom Maps, Map Views, and Accuracy. You can enter two or more distinct locations to get the most particular routes. It even gives you traveling by options, such as driving, walking, cycling, and taking public transportation. Depending on your destination, it will provide you various routes to get there. Additionally, if you select public transportation, it even shows you different routes you can take to get there as well the fare bus/train will cost. Overall, Google Maps is an amazing application to have. Without it, I can't survive and I feel everyone needs this nowadays.

Cons

The least feature of this application would be ability to view the map and going back and forward with direction to "map view" only. Sometimes, it really easy to move from one point to another and other time it's just zoom in and out, does not let you go back. Also, this is a bit challenging, not a user friendly. Meaning, for basic route, it is okay. However, to find quick stop points within route, it quite difficult to navigate.

Google Maps is My Goto Application for Business and Travel Research

I Love Google Maps and will continue using this great application.

Pros

As an IT professional and frequent traveler I use Google Maps quite often. It's very helpful to find a business location and travel destination. It's very easy to track the pinpoint location and measure accurate distance. Google Maps also reach with business info like opening hours, contact number, email, website, etc. Google Maps user-generated photos, videos, and reviews you will be quite sure about the location you are looking for. Most of the websites and mobile apps nowadays uses Google Maps and its very easy to integrate with various application. And there is a huge community of Google Maps contributors called Local Guides who add, remove or edit places, answer questions, and facts check that ensures always fresh and updated information.

Cons

Sometimes, Google maps mobile apps required combination of GPS and High-Speed Internate to track acquarate location, which is not very useful in remote location.

Google Maps saves time and money

I've been more than pleased with my experience using Google Maps, and I think anyone who needs directions or wants to learn a little about you uulearnu

Pros

I have been using Google Maps almost every day for a few years now and I can't imagine what I'd do without it. With every new job site that we have comes a unique set of obstacles, and Google Maps consistently helps us to clear many of those hurdles. Every employee is able to get to the job location with ease thanks to the Directions function, which includes traffic conditions, estimated travel times for multiple modes of transportation and even information on any detours. Google Maps also provides detailed descriptions of nearby businesses, making it easy as pie to find a spot for lunch and the nearest locations of supplies and materials needed for the job.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about when it comes to using Google Maps for work or personal reasons.

Best directions and easy to follow

I love using Google maps every day. I like how easy it is and all the options make it very versatile on how you need it to be. I love Google maps and am going to continue using them.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to follow the directions and how clear they were. When I put in the address it shows the shortest way without all the traffic.Really makes my job easier when looking for clients houses. Doesn't cost an arm and a led either.ive used Google maps for over two years and don't plan on changing.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like. They thought of everything that you would need to know. Gives you different options for walking and driving. There's nothing I can think of that I didn't like about Google maps

Premier Maps Solution

Overall you cannot beat Google Maps. It is the best navigation software out there and offers a myriad of different tools to help you with browsing and navigation.

Pros

Google Maps is my absolutely favorite navigation software out there. It has so many different features that make it stand out from any other maps provider. I love that you can look up a company and you will have all their information from their phone and website right on Google maps. I also love the 3D features on Google maps that let you see the outside of buildings in 3D. The google street view is also super helpful because it helps you to see exactly where you are going and what to look for. To top it all off it integrates with the rest of the Google system so it makes it super fluid to go from different Google apps.

Cons

I do wish that it used what other providers did and create artificial exit signs on your screen to know what to look out for. This has been a super helpful feature with other map providers.

Can't live without

I trust it more than I do other map apps. It's not as clever as WAYS, but it still gives you good alternative routes. There's a newer feature where it automatically estimates your next drive based off of where you're at and identifying that you're getting in the car - cool and creepy.

Pros

It's easy to use/follow. Love that you can search for locations/products/services along your existing route, and that you can set up your route with multiple stops! That's one of the coolest features they have! And you can also select your preference to avoid toll roads.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to check if my settings are set up to avoid toll roads. I wish it had a better integration with voice commands to make it safer when driving, or avoid having to pull over. I hate that it shows you alternative routes (grayed out) when they're SLOWER - it's distracting and no one wants to take that route so why even show it? I wish it'd only display other route options when a faster route was found.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.