Google Maps Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.25/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Google Maps is a superior directions service due to its ability to provide biking directions, while still maintaining the same (or better) quality of directions to its competitors.

Bianca Z.

Great experience I would highly recommend it to anyone family or friend cause I know it would be a great experience.

Traffic and satellite views are very helpful. Directions are the best in google maps, has turn and lane directions that are very helpful in big cities.

Some highways, the instruction can be unclear which causes me to take the wrong exit or wrong lane.

Xiao (Ricky) H.

My only issue is the arrow has problems with calibration. So sometimes it shows me that I'm heading a direction that I'm not headed and I end up getting lost.

The app has some issues with crashing at very bad times(when I have no idea where I am). Also this app has taken me to the wrong house very often.

Google Maps users...

ParentSquare-logocaret

ParentSquare

Google Alerts-logocaret

Google Alerts

How would you rate Google Maps?

Brandon B.

Teacher

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Works Better Than Waze

Transcript

Brandon: Hi, my name's Brandon. I'm in education. I'm a teacher and I give Google Maps a five out of...

Navigation

Transcript

Nakita: Hi, my name is Nakita. I work as a Processing Clerk for the Wholesale Industry, and I give Google...

Melhor Mapa de rastreamento e tecnológico

Utilizo ele em todas as horas e momentos para localizar locais , clientes,pessoas,animais,plantas, localizações,ruas,bairros,vielas,planícioes,florestas,becos,cidades, acreditoserum dos melhores geolocalizadores da Terra . Eu amo o google maps me ajuda muitooooooooo.

Pros

vizualizações mapas via terrestres vias marítimas coordenadas latitudes longitudes planícies relevos

Cons

Pode demorar o carregamento em caso de internet lenta ou de baixa navegação local na velocidade via app ou site .

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

In Love with Google Maps

Pros

It’s accuracy when it comes to navigations.

Cons

It’s not very accurate when it comes to very remote areas.

Has too many bugs

Pros

It will get you where you need to go, slowly but surely.

Cons

There’s too many bugs and glitches to this. The estimated arrival times jump sometimes, sometimes it takes too long to load, etcc

Amazing that such great software is free

Mapping locations of where our customers request trips to and from, where our drivers operate most and more within My Maps. Gaining an insight into Points of Interest through Street View without having to visit the location. I really enjoy using Google Maps within my work.

Pros

I absolutely love the Google My Maps feature, it has really transformed my work. I had previously experimented with free trials of add-ons within Google Sheets to create maps with pinpoints of specific locations as required, but then I discovered the My Maps feature and it's brilliant. I love being able to upload a CSV of data to Google Maps, and then for it to create a map with all the points labelled, and even titled if I request it. It has transformed my work when we require a map of where business is being carried out, where customers request trips to and more. In addition, the Streetview feature has been hugely useful for me in improving the quality of our app, by being able to describe the layout of important points of interest without having to actually visit them.

Cons

More complete streetview would be great, for example inside train stations and airports, where sometimes there are one-off photos, rather than a full pathway. Being alerted if photos are out-of-date would be great- sometimes locations look totally different now to have they did in the photo in streetview. In My Maps, it would be nice to be able to upload more data as sometimes I have to split my data in multiple CSV sheets for this, and also to be able to link two points together with a line or arrow would be great. It would also be nice to be able to change the colour of pins if there is more than one entry at the same location, rather than placing the pins atop each other.

Mapping

Over all the experience has been amazing and I have nothing bad to say about the program it is great to use on the go

Pros

Best feature on Google maps would be the digital visualization just cuz you're able to see the train and the past you can take him to me the road traveled easier

Cons

To be honest I think labeling just makes no sense to me due to the fact that there really is no point in it

Navigation Pal

Pros

Very easy to use. Tons of features to make your life easier. The newer addition of managing a business is really helpful. It is easier to reach out to your customers and for customers to reach business owners.

Cons

The verification process for the business is really weird. The verification process steps are unknown to the person and very wage. It doesn't arrive on time. You have to apply again and again for verification.

The gold standard for navigation software

Almost always a great experience with Maps

Pros

Google Maps is probably the most used app on my phone. Maps does it all, so the days of only using navigation software when you don't know where you're going are totally gone. Live traffic, Points of Interest, and relevant location data have me using this app all the time.

Cons

Sometimes your search history of visited locations is a little off or not chronological.

Google maps guiando mis pasos

Es mi aplicación favorita para realizar mis recorridos, es precisa y me permite evaluar las rutas propuestas, puedo decidir que ruta seguir según me convenga.

Pros

Google maps me da instrucciones de vos, indicándome la ruta a seguir, además me resulta útil que me informe cuando hay retenciones.

Cons

Cuando la utilizo en pantalla completa, bloquea el uso de otras funciones en mi Smartphone.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

How can you not love this app?

I refuse to use any other 'map' app. This one is the best

Pros

There are so many things that I love about this app, its can be accessed off line, the level of accuracy is impressive, the real time updates... so many things.

Cons

There are times when street names are nor updated in the app vs reality, also - ive experienced mishaps before where the app did not state if a street was 1 way or not.

Dr Hos Tech Review

Amazing experience , Highly recommended to use

Pros

Amazing ! save and help me every time to get my destination and share , recieve know a location to reach easily

Cons

May a small thing in bridges while in a car make the bifurcation more obvious

Google Maps, the best you can think of..

I simply love Google Maps for all the features that it provides in a single software. We have become so used to it that its difficult to imagine life without it.

Pros

Google Maps is a free of cost and extremely easy to use software that you can use to find your location on map using GPS, instantly search a destination and the routes leading to it, or just to survey an area. It provides different type of map layer like satellite, terrain or traditional simplified map, from which you can choose the one you like. Google Maps roll out updates on regular basis to include...

Cons

Technically Google Maps is a very well desiged software and all of it features works very well, but it is a heavy software and the only flaw that it ahve is that it very rapidly drains your battery if you are using it on a smart phone.

Stop Getting Lost, Use Google Maps

Overall Google Maps helps the traveling side of the business flow more smoothly without many problems or issues. This also helps to save on valuable time that would otherwise be used in troubleshooting. The many features and options offered help us to navigate to the best of our abilities.

Pros

When you think about navigation apps, Waze and Mapquest instantly come to mind but people often overlook one if the best ones due to it coming pre-installed on phones from the factory. Google Maps offers so much more than consumers give credit for. For one the features and options, such as the different views of default, satellite, and terrain. These comes in very handy when trying to determine the...

Cons

One of the biggest cons I have come across is that there is no direct way to share your map information directly to social media. Also it does seem to pit quite a strain on your battery. Of course there is times where map information may not be 100% correct or live but this is to be expected with all navigation apps. The last issue I have come across is when you miss a direction turn the app often stay locked to the pre determined route, instead of recalcilating a alternate route.

Best maps and navigation application out there, truly cutting edge technology!

Overall experience has been decent considering that Google Maps is experimenting with a lot of things and I don't want them to try too hard. It is good at what it does but it seems like the app is being overloaded with many unnecessary features. I would still continue using Google Maps as my primary navigation application but nothing beyond that.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is the gamification of the user experience. Even if I know where I'm going, I want to use Google Maps because it enhances my experience. I am a Beta Tester of the app so I also get to experience some new features first hand which is awesome. Accurate traffic, real-time updates on construction work, great suggestions for alternative routes and gives you the option to choose the fastest or shortest route etc. I love the ability to add stops along the way and it perfectly forecasts the estimated detour. Can use Google Assistant directly from maps which helps me avoid distraction and focus on the road as well.

Cons

Recently, it has gotten overwhelming with a bit too many features that it is causing more confusion than help. It has like a home screen now where you can control your media and listen to music or podcasts or radio etc. make phone calls and write text messages all from within Google Maps without having to go to other apps manually. It is great because it reduces the time and effort but at the same...

Endless Features with a Clean Interface

Pros

I like Google Maps because they've mastered the art of providing lots of features without making their application difficult to use or junky. I prefer this over the Maps app that comes with my iPhone because it's much easier to edit my trip. If I don't want to take a certain bridge or highway, Google Maps can show me alternate routes and the additional time it would take in one tiny place on the screen....

Cons

The only bad thing I can say about Google Maps is that it doesn't always know which direction I'm facing, which can be tricky. There's an arrow that follows along the path and shows you whether you're going in the same direction of the path or not. There were times when the arrow was pointing in a different direction than the path so, I made a U-Turn and later realized that I was actually going in the right direction before.

Eh ... for some things, yes. Others no.

Pros

When I'm online and I want to check to see how far someplace is from me, Google Maps is definitely the place I go to check. So I do use it a lot. And it is integrated into a lot of websites, so you can get directions from it, but I have learned the hard way that the directions Google Maps provides are not always that great. And when you're on a motorcycle, going somewhere you've never been before,...

Cons

Upon reflection, it appears that most of the things I listed in the pros section of this review are actually pretty negative, and I have to say, that is my general feeling about Google Maps. It's like undressing in front of an open window - there's no privacy at all anymore with Google. Ever wonder why they offer so many things for free? Look what they're getting in return - they know every detail...

Like as a user. Leaving reviews has become a real pain.

Pros

Good for finding restaurants, etc. with reasonable feedback. I use TripAdvisor for in-depth research. The killer advantages are the location, directions, up-to-date opening times and busy times, built up by tracking Android phones in and out of the businesses.

Cons

I used to like the reminders of places I had been to leave feedback. Recently, the review entry window has been changed to provide updates and suggestions whilst you are typing in. Mostly these are not needed and a mild irritant. The real pain is that all these updates are now setting my typing entry point back to character one so the end of a word I am typing ends up as corruption at the start. This...

This is one of my most used apps that I could not live without

Pros

Google Maps is an absolute must for any of my navigational needs. It has reshaped the way people drive. There are no more needs to have paper maps. The searching feature of google maps is very friendly using normal language. Just ask google maps to find the best place for ice cream near me and it does it. The reviews and photos that people add to the maps are very helpful in deciding where to go. It is also a great way to avoid traffic as it updates in real time. I love the feature that you can use voice search while already on a rout to find pit stops such as gas stations along the route and it tells you the extra amount of time it will take before you decide what extra stop to add.

Cons

The navigation no longer will reroute users to side streets. The desktop version used to have a feature that would show you photos taken by users in the area. I would often use this to scout shooting locations for my business. This feature is either hidden or no longer in service. This function would be a great resource to me if it was added to the phone app. The Google MyMaps feature is a great idea but falls flat do to security issues. ANyone with access to your specific map can easily copy the map and reuse it for their own purposes. I would like the ability to share my maps that I have created with others without the fear that they can copy it and share it with others whom I do not want them to have access to my content.

Accurate live data

Pros

What I like the most about using this software is the consistent and constant updated data it provides. Whenever I input an address for directions, Google Maps will provide me with all the routes available with the amount of time it will take to get there based on distance and traffic in real-time. It will even suggest taking an alternate route while already in route, if it finds a more convenient route to take. I also especially love how I am able to search nearby specific establishments that are on the way to my destination, whether it is a gas station, coffee shop, or a restaurant. Highly recommend this app, because it is always accurate, and it is extremely convenient in all its features that it provides.

Cons

I'd have to say that the only thing negative thing that has happened a few times is the exact pinpoint of my current location. Once in a while, it will think I am on the street parallel to the one that I am actually on and try to reroute me. I continue the route that I was originally following, and eventually, the GPS matches back to where I actually am. I think if there was a way to accurately calibrate the precise location of where I am, the problem could be easily solved.

How is this tool free?!

Google Maps is my partner in crime, while it can always be better it is without doubt the closest I've seen to app perfection

Pros

I find it really strange Maps is free, when I can safely say a large majority of users would've been willing to pay for it. The wealth of data at our fingertips is unimaginable. Whether you like to drive, take transit, walk, bike, or rideshare, Maps has you covered. Even combinations of most of these modes with transit works (save for biking). Ride times are very accurate, transit arrival times are...

Cons

I wish there was a way to keep being able to look up places without exiting your ongoing trip for modes besides transit, eg. If you have a walking trip going but you want to search for food in a particular area you have to exit your trip, do your thing, then restart the trip. This works seamlessly for transit though

Google Maps Review

Getting my technicians to job sites, mostly residential properties, efficiently/timely and accurately is critical to my business in keep clients pleased with our service and expectations for tech arrivals. Google Maps provides us the tool that gives my techs the peace of mind that the tool with guide them to the property sites on time and accurately.

Pros

In our business, we are always on the go, on the road, completing job assessments or jobs associated with residential properties thus having an online tool that helps us get to our job sites efficiently is very important to us, as it can save us a lot of time and money in this process.

Cons

In some rare instances, it can misdirect you to a property on the wrong side of the street for a job site. This is extremely rare and by far an exception. Beyond this, it works exceptionally well for us.

Google Maps is the King of Mapping

Pros

Google Maps is a great service that beats almost every other mapping service. I use it personally and for business: 1) It just works! Google maps are accurate and detailed, in most cases you can easily find what you are looking for. The voice navigation is mostly on point, though it can be a bit misguided at times. You can follow the 2) Business listings on Google Maps are a godsend, being able...

Cons

My biggest frustration with Google Maps is when recalculating directions to a location, it always uses the main route, in many cases there are other routes that can be used but it seems it only can only handle 2 alternative routes not more than that.

The Map I Trust Most

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with Google Maps. I don't use any other software for maps and directions. I rarely go anywhere without using Google Maps because I rely on it so much! There are a lot of features that Google Maps has that I love, besides the regular map/directions. I like that if you are looking for a coffee shop or a hair salon you can just type that into the Google Maps search and it will show you all of the available options in your area. Google Maps is an excellent software that really goes above and beyond. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Pros

For me, what I like most about this software is that it is usable anywhere in the world! It will give you accurate directions in any country! I've used Google Maps not only in the US, but also in the Middle East and in Europe! I also love that it gives very accurate eta and shows where there will be the most traffic. I completely trust Google Maps overall.

Cons

What I least like about this software is that sometimes it saves your parking location, which is helpful when trying to find your car later on, but sometimes it doesn't save the parking information. I feel like I never know when it's going to save my parking location and when it isn't, so I don't really rely on it when it comes to parking.

Good accuracy, good features and tie-in

It's really functional and accurate. It feels more.. ironclad and I use it when I absolutely need to ensure I get to a place. I'm sure it has features that I don't use or don't use fully, but Waze is even more intuitive and is generally more useful and more fun for my purposes. That said, you can't go too bad with a free app, right? If Waze was shut down tomorrow I would not be at all worried, as Google Maps really is comparable.

Pros

It's easy to use, has some useful tie ins with chrome and Gmail. It's very accurate getting me to the right place. You can see reviews for businesses immediately when entering their address. There's often a Google Street image, whether the address is business or residential. Depending on your industry, this can be helpful in finding the right spot. I only use it for business purposes when I have to go to courthouses in towns I've never visited.

Cons

Contrasted with Waze, Google Maps often tells me an address is on the wrong side of the street and can have precision difficulties for the final part of a trip. It runs/responds a bit slower than Waze. I like Waze's "community" and having others warn about hazards. Waze is also much more fun, with funny special guest voices and vehicle icons etc. Goggle Maps is very good, these are just little gripes, which is why I've rated it 4 stars overall, I would rate Waze 5 stars due to these differences.

The best navigation software ever!

I could not do without it for my job (Driving around to customers etc) and would never go back to a standard GPS.

Pros

Nothing to not like about Google maps, amazing for scouting out places before you visit, hop across the world in a mouse click and most impressive is the navigation side of it all. Uses minimal phone battery and the traffic routing is incredible! Not many people realise that google use the data from other users on the road to identify traffic jams and slow moving roads, this gives google an unprecedented amount of traffic data which makes the updates so fast and accurate! Also means that jams and slow moving traffic can be detected in small side roads/country lanes which could not have been done before (with standard traffic cameras).

Cons

Its a shame they removed the phone app functionality to turn the screen off between instructions, but its not the end of the world as the battery usage is quite reasonable.

Easiest and the most convenient navigation tool!

Overall, my experience with Google Maps is very positive. I use it daily to travel places and I trust it more than any other apps out there.

Pros

It's super easy to use. Unlike other navigation tools, Google Maps has a super easy user interface which makes it very simple to understand. Even my grandfather uses Google Maps to go to places now because it doesn't complicate him.

Cons

The one criticism I have is that Google Maps sometimes doesn't have the maps updated in certain locations. This makes it challenging sometimes when you're driving and not sure where to go because the map in the app isn't like the one in the road.