Church Office Online Reviews

Pros

Super easy interface that is chock full of amazing features like financial reporting, attendance tracking, child check-in and member login.

Charisma A.

It is perfect for our small church and at an affordable price. Support team has been very responsive in responding to issues.

Lara C.

So far we have been very happy with it and love the fact that it integrates so many other resources.

Mary C.

Cons

It does not work the best on iPhones and tablets. Especially when you go to rotate the screen it doesn’t move which is irritating.

Jeff K.

Hard to edit/ fix mistakes. No lock feature on pass enteries.

Carl F.

Ari B.

Best church soltware out there!

Overall a great program, tons of features, works for everyone who works in the church, user-friendly for members and reliable, with great customer service.

Pros

Our church has tried a lot of softwares/programs for church but after going through demos it settled with Church Office Online. We are able to operate every department from our computer and keep in touch with our members. The program allows for calendar sharing, mass communication, accurate child check and even links to their giving /donating platform.

Cons

It takes a few tries to fully learn the ins and outs of the program, but the customer service was very helpful.

Just what we needed

Pros

We are a small church, and the available options and features provided by Church Office Online are perfect for our congregation. It is especially easy to pull attendance reports and see trends in who we have not seen on Sunday mornings in a while. This has helped our task of shepherding the congregation each week.

Cons

I think the only “downside” is that it might lost functionality for a bigger church. It is not as user friendly in some ways (scheduling and viewing events as a user is a little confusing) and that would be a drawback for a bigger church that has more programming.

CRC Tweaks 1

I would definitely recommend COO to a small to medium size church who wants to keep things simple for decent pricing such as my church.

Pros

The overall look of COO is pleasing and not intimidating. Thus far it is user friendly. The casual computer user would find it simple enough to use. This was VERY important in selecting COO. Many congregants/volunteers are occasional or casual computer users. It was important to find an application that they would find to be user-friendly and comprehensive.

Cons

Security: The browser back button is active. No one should be able to use the back button and access member/child information. Right now this can be done. Access: We are forced to log out of one status and have to login again as another. Having to change a person's password in order to change their access status. Example: from attendance taker to standard. Main Menu: Would be more comprehensive,...

Hi Bert, Thank you for your review and your thoughts about Church Office Online. We appreciate hearing from you and will take your suggestions into consideration as we add new features to Church Office Online. We would like to specifically address your security concerns. Security: We take security very seriously; protecting church data is of utmost importance to us. We utilize industry leading...

Rev. T. S. Alston's Review of Church Office Online

Up to date membership data, easy mass communication options, and ease of use for Church members.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent communication tools.

Cons

Limited search tool, could include more options.

Praise Cathedral Church

My overall experience with Church Office has been excellent.

Pros

It’s user-friendly and basically everything I would need an accountant to do, Church Office provides a lot of what I needed with the ability to run reports, etc.

Cons

The inability to text without using an additional resource.

A few imperfections, but great experience.

I would have loved to give CHMS a 5/5, as I have enjoyed this software and find it useful. But the above UI and other problems keep me from doing so, as they make doing certain things unexplainably harder than necessary. Hopefully, these can be fixed in the future, and I will update my review.

Pros

Church Office CHMS has some great features. They are laid out nicely and are easy to use. My favorite features and the ones I use most are Groups, Schedules, Mass Contact, Attendance, . There is a whole lot you can do with this software, and it’s ideal for administering a Parish, because it has all the tools we need in the same software. The browser UI looks great and is easy to use.

Cons

The mobile app is clunky and not as smooth to navigate as the desktop version. It also doesn’t have access to some of the key administrator features like reports or schedules yet. This makes it imperative to use the browser. It would be nice to be able to do everything on the app. Also, the Mass Contact feature is very clunky, as images do not translate well into it. It’s not as easy to edit text as your general text editors such as Word or RTF, and it doesn’t always accept input from outside programs smoothly. Formatting can get lost in transition. Also, the CHMS Mass Contactor does not seem to be able to process foreign characters, as Greek text, for example, is sent out as code gibberish which is impossible to understand.

Church Office Online

My experience overall has been positive

Pros

I like the interface and most of the functionalities

Cons

There are glitches in giving batches and sending giving reports with templates is difficult and you cant preview what you are sending.

Comprehensive and Scalable Church CRM

Pros

Comprehensive church management and communication platform integrated with online giving and background checks. Unlimited user logins

Cons

Price increases and inability to repeat scheduling assignments and more flexibility in workflow setting

Great for Our Church

Once I contact the office they respond promptly and ai am able to make good decisions about the church software needs.

Pros

We are a small church and needed some software that would allow us to take care of giving reports and document membership. This software is easy to use and will allow us to expand functionality as we grow.

Cons

The only drawback Insee so far is that it is sometimes hard to communicate directly to the company. They have different titles for the different versions or parts of the software and that sort of confuses me. I think because I am not a robust user.

Highly Recommend

Church Membership Online has been a great tool for our Church and I would highly recommend it. It offers many user friendly, useful, tools that help make my job easier. I appreciate the fact that I could begin immediately using the program without attending off site training seminars which are costly. They are very dedicated to continuing to enhance the features of the program to meet the need of growing churches.

Pros

Choosing a new membership management software can be very stressful and overwhelming. I really appreciated the free trial period offered. It gave me a chance to work with the program to see if it would meet the needs of our church with no cost or obligation. It took a lot of the pressure off. The data import from previous software based program was very smooth. I found the program to be very...

Cons

I have none at this time.

I continue to be impressed and happy with COO!

I've always been happy with COO, especially b/c they keep adding tools and not adding to the cost, but the best part is that I continue to get happier as they add features and improve the use of each tool!

Pros

I love that I can access COO from my phone when I'm away from my desk. I have recently began using some of the many features COO offers and wish I'd started using them long ago. They continue to improve this tool and add features - it's really full service! And customer service is ALWAYS timely and helpful!

Cons

I have run into a few kinks that I honestly created myself because of lack of knowledge - not sure I can complain or blame COO but if there were more fail safes when making major changes to configurations I could have skipped a headache or two - really my fault though.

All-Inclusive, Effective Software

I've been using the Church Office Online software for several years now and have watched them improve things - even things I've suggested. The customer service staff is awesome and always very polite and helpful.

Pros

This software compiles everything in one place - individual information, including family names, birthdates, addresses, phone, email address - and it uses that information when I input my financial giving each week. I can combine the giving of families, or exclude the children if they are giving separately. I can produce the annual giving statements from here using filters as needed. I can send them out manually our in email form. It helps me double check my inputting each week with the deposit slip feature and the batch totals.

Cons

The only thing I don't use is the online giving feature that allows the system to input all the giving so I wouldn't have to. But when I've used this feature, it still lacks the personal observation of what that person is really trying to do and where to put the money. I like doing this myself. It seems more accurate to me. I don't think this is the fault of the program, just the person giving's ability to make things accurate. When they say "Other" for instance, I either know what they're giving to or can call them to find out.

Thank you Ellen for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled you love our product!

Church Office Online Review

Overall, I am a huge fan of Church Office Online. We are adding more features, online giving and streaming and ministry one which I believe will be hugely beneficial as we move forward.

Pros

Before we set up the chms we kept track of small group attendance by filling out forms which was a pain to say the least. Leaders had to remember to fill out their form and bring it to church. Many times it was forgotten. Now with the mobile app leaders can take attendance immediately after their group gets done and I have it in my office the next day. What a time saver!! We love the kid check in feature also!!

Cons

Sometimes reporting for attendance gets a little difficult to get the results I want. for example, I wanted a group of adults outside a particular group. it worked to get all people outside a particular group but when I wanted to separate out the kids it would not do it.

Great Church organization software

Very positive!

Pros

I like the total integration of the attendance features and the ability to create groups for targeted communication.

Nice software for churches

Their customer service support is outstanding. If I have had questions, they have always worked to provide answers, even if they didn't have them immediately.

Pros

I appreciate that this software is robust enough to handle multiple functions, ie giving reporting, data base for church membership, directory options, and linking to security checks for our volunteers. I would appreciate a few more options on reporting, but we have used work-arounds. Most data can be downloaded into spreadsheets to manipulate.

Cons

I find the entering of new people cumbersome in the ways they have to be assigned to families.

Church Office Online Review

Church office online have been highly responsive to all my inquiries. Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience.

Pros

Tracking of givings Mass contact via text or email Ability to create groups

Cons

The cost changed significantly over the year. The pricing model is per record in the system. There are people that are not members that we should still be able to keep track of without paying the yearly cost.

Love Church Membership Online

We love this database and would highly recommend it to other churches. It can do a a little or a lot for your church.

Pros

We searched several database products before trying the 60 trial with Church Membership Online. We were thrilled with the product, and paid for a year's subscription. This was a great decision for our church. We really like all of the features that Church Membership Online offers. The directory is most helpful to all ministry leads. I can easily keep the database updated without having to reprint...

Cons

One of the best things about Church Membership is that they are sensitive and timely with their response to consumer needs/demands. Church Membership can improve the following: - various options for creating labels (For example, filter for men or high school aged youth.) - Some notes / tips when you begin entering data. We have some households that should be individuals! -an app for phones

Getting used to the new version

We've been using COO for about four years. The new upgrades have some very good features but take some time to get used to. Some glitches in the financial management parts. Still needs some work in a more flexible arrangement on the input page for individuals. Support has been helpful and responsive. Looking forward to using the new features.

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Automatic updates included in the price. Good support.

Cons

Individual entry pages need to be more flexible.

Church Office Online Review

I highly recommend this program and this company to anyone, church or other religious organization interested in a program such as this. You have been such a blessing to us and to many in God's Kingdom and it is my prayer that the Lord will continue to bless you and use you and your programs to further His Kingdom.

Pros

I love all the features I am using on this program. This was definitely a God sent because I was looking for a church program to use for our church for financial records. It was also a blessing to discover other records are automatically generated in the process. I like the fact that the church can maintain membership records through this program by basically just entering contributions. This...

Cons

No concerns whatsoever.

Nicely working database

Very good experience.

Pros

The way we could interface with Twilio and Mailchimp for communication purposes

Cons

There are limitations to each of the above - like not being able to put a "do not respond" feature into the text or being able to text an individual rather than just a group.

Continue the excellent customer service and listening to your clients. The improvements you have made thus far have been very effective. There's still room for improvement but for the most part, I think we have made a great investment in Church Office Online.

Pros

I really appreciate that you value all our feedback as we use the software. I know I have emailed a few times suggestions as to what would make auditing easier for us & the members and you guys have implemented a couple. Our members like being able to watch their own contributions and updating their files. Attendance taking is easier.

Cons

I have heard from a few of our members that they would like to view all their household (this is from the heads of household of course). I used to have a feature in Servent Keeper that would allow me to view the trends between years, such as giving for 2012/2011. This feature allowed us to take a quick look at where we were at at any given time. I didn't have to run a report just click on the graphs button. It gave the option to view several year trends. I think the attendance reports would be more beneficial if they were combined. I would like to pull up the service attendance TOTAL and still know who was there at the same time; instead of having to open up another report feature.

Easy to Use

Overall, we have been pleased with the product but the price increases have been excessive.

Pros

We like the ease of use of the program. It is easy to access from many locations.

Cons

Couple bugs that make non-administrators have little access to needed features. Too all or nothing.

Church Office Online User Friendliness

1. Data export feature available to only the system administrator. Other leaders set up to use the system should also have that feature for their custom reports. 2. Member category for adding an individual is restrictive. There should be an option to either add or modify to suit a particular church's mode of describing their membership categories. 3. The text messaging feature has a limit of 120...

Pros

1. Accessible on any computer with internet access 2. Other leaders can be set up to use the system. 3. Password protected 4. Data Export feature to help in customized reporting 5. Welcome and easy to use text messaging feature.

Cons

1. Data export feature available to only the system administrator. 2. Member category for adding an individual is restrictive. 3. The text messaging feature has a limit of 120 characters, but 160 is stated in video tutorial. 4. There is no counter on the text box.

Great for all your organizational church needs

Pros

It is easy to use, and if you have a problem, the help support is great!

Cons

I like the volunteer scheduling, but there are a few things I wish it did.

Pretty Happy

Pros

Easy to use, knowledge at your fingertips from any computer

Cons

Its alittle complicated to use at the beginning before you know how to do everything not easy to figure out on your own without instruction