Church Office Online Reviews

4.22/5 (77 reviews)

Bert Eskridge

CRC Tweaks 1

Reviewed 2012-10-10

I would definitely recommend COO to a small to medium size church who wants to keep things simple for decent pricing such as my church. The overall look of COO is pleasing and not intimidating. Thus far it is user friendly. The casual computer user would find it simple enough to use. This was VERY important in selecting COO. Many congregants/volunteers are occasional or casual computer users. It was important to find an application that they would find to be user-friendly and comprehensive.

Connie Stegeman

Highly Recommend

Reviewed 2012-10-03

Church Membership Online has been a great tool for our Church and I would highly recommend it. It offers many user friendly, useful, tools that help make my job easier. I appreciate the fact that I could begin immediately using the program without attending off site training seminars which are costly. They are very dedicated to continuing to enhance the features of the program to meet the need of growing churches.Choosing a new membership management software can be very stressful and overwhelming. I really appreciated the free trial period offered. It gave me a chance to work with the program to see if it would meet the needs of our church with no cost or obligation. It took a lot of the pressure off. The data import from previous software based program was very smooth. I found the program to be very user friendly. I can easily find answers to any questions I encounter through the Knowledge Base online. On the one occasion I did need to contact Customer Support I found them to be very friendly, helpful and quick to respond. The video tutorials are also very helpful. The ability to allow members of the congregation to access certain areas of the program allows them to access the most up to date contact information for fellow members and in return, saves me the time of answering phone calls to relay that information and also money as we no longer need to print a directory.

Julie Kokes

Love Church Membership Online

Reviewed 2012-11-12

We love this database and would highly recommend it to other churches. It can do a a little or a lot for your church. We searched several database products before trying the 60 trial with Church Membership Online. We were thrilled with the product, and paid for a year's subscription. This was a great decision for our church. We really like all of the features that Church Membership Online offers. The directory is most helpful to all ministry leads. I can easily keep the database updated without having to reprint directories for all ministry leads. We have recently linked the calendar on Church Membership to our website. This has simplified the process of keeping all information current and up-to-date. The attendance feature is streamlined and easy to use. There are many features of Church Membership that we have yet to tap into - someday! Great product, easy to use, dashboard makes all features readily available! Love it!

Steve Allen

Getting used to the new version

Reviewed 2016-11-07

We've been using COO for about four years. The new upgrades have some very good features but take some time to get used to. Some glitches in the financial management parts. Still needs some work in a more flexible arrangement on the input page for individuals. Support has been helpful and responsive. Looking forward to using the new features. Relatively easy to use. Automatic updates included in the price. Good support.

Violet Asem

Church Office Online Review

Reviewed 2012-10-27

I highly recommend this program and this company to anyone, church or other religious organization interested in a program such as this. You have been such a blessing to us and to many in God's Kingdom and it is my prayer that the Lord will continue to bless you and use you and your programs to further His Kingdom. I love all the features I am using on this program. This was definitely a God sent because I was looking for a church program to use for our church for financial records. It was also a blessing to discover other records are automatically generated in the process. I like the fact that the church can maintain membership records through this program by basically just entering contributions. This program is able to record different demographics. The different reports that one is able to produce at the push of a button and from just recording contributions is unbelievable. The other feature is that of customer support. I have found such support impeccable. So far I have spoken to Mike Smith several times since I signed up for the program and he makes you understand everything so easily - the respect to the individual customer is commendable. He truly makes you not be ashamed to come back with the same question. I cannot wait to try other new features down the pipe.

Catherine Flores

Reviewed 2012-10-29

Continue the excellent customer service and listening to your clients. The improvements you have made thus far have been very effective. There's still room for improvement but for the most part, I think we have made a great investment in Church Office Online.I really appreciate that you value all our feedback as we use the software. I know I have emailed a few times suggestions as to what would make auditing easier for us & the members and you guys have implemented a couple. Our members like being able to watch their own contributions and updating their files. Attendance taking is easier.

Akwasi Boaten-Sekyerehene

Church Office Online User Friendliness

Reviewed 2012-11-13

1. Data export feature available to only the system administrator. Other leaders set up to use the system should also have that feature for their custom reports. 2. Member category for adding an individual is restrictive. There should be an option to either add or modify to suit a particular church's mode of describing their membership categories. 3. The text messaging feature has a limit of 120 characters, but 160 is stated in video tutorial. The two should be the same, and I would suggest that they are made 160 to conform with that of standard mobile phones. 4. There is no counter on the text box. I suggest this should be provided as with mobile phones. Otherwise, there is the frustration of typing onto a word pad and checking every now and then to see if the characters allowed have been exceeded or not. This will take the excitement out of using the text messaging feature.1. Accessible on any computer with internet access 2. Other leaders can be set up to use the system. 3. Password protected 4. Data Export feature to help in customized reporting 5. Welcome and easy to use text messaging feature.

James Shaffer

A Great Way To Begin

Reviewed 2012-11-28

While looking for an online Church Management system we were overwhelmed by the sheer number of companies. We knew we wanted to be able to access the program from anywhere. We wanted it to handle contributions easily and offer an online giving feature. We wanted our membership to be able to update their own records as well as simplify their ability to interact with each other. We knew that in time we wanted a child check-in program. When I found Church Office Online I was very impressed. It wasn't the most sophisticated program on the market but it offered us an economical way to enter the online CMS market and offered many of the features we were looking for. The best thing about Church Office Online is that it has continued to grow with us. Many new features have been added and they listen to their customers. (A very rare commodity in todays business world.) I remain convinced that Church Office Online was the best choice for the Sheffield Church.User Friendly Great Customer Support Always Expanding Excellent CMS features Simple Contribution Program Reasonable Cost New Attendance Feature Is Great Child Check In Members Access Is Wonderful Love Birthdays & Anniversaries on Main Page Nice Integrated Church Calendar On-line Giving

John Rallison

Great Value Product!

Reviewed 2012-10-18

I really like Church Management Online. It is a very high value application. It may not be sophisticated or feature-rich enough for some churches, but your are going to jump into a whole different ballgame price-wise to get anything better than CMO.Very reliable, integrates with Mailchimp, very responsive customer service, clean interface, great dashboard (good snapshot), levels of access, raw data export, externally viewable calendar... Web-based is the big plus for me as a mission planter with several volunteers who do their work from their homes. I've checked out many web-based church management products. I am quite knowledgeable, as I have done some web development myself. There are some other products out there that have more features, but their price point is considerably higher.

Walter Haisler

Outstanding Software and Customer Service

Reviewed 2012-11-28

I would highly recommend Church Membership Online. Before we started using CMO (about three years ago), we had tried several other software apllications for doing these tasks but concluded that CMO offered the most features for the subscription price. We have been very happy with CMO both as a software package as well as with customer service. Church Membership Online (CMO) is very intuitive and easy to use for a multitude of church-related tasks. Our church uses CMO for keeping track of church membership, individual contributions, generating year-end contribution reports, keeping a church calendar, generating a membership role, and mass mailing of a weekly newsletter. The ability for church members to correct thier contact information is very useful and allows us to have up-to-date records. Members also appreciate being able to see their individual online contribution records as well as being able to access church member contact information. I must also say that the CMO customer support is outstanding and very responsive to our questions and needs!

Danny Atkeisson

Reviewed 2012-10-02

A small organization that could fit very neatly into the way COO is structured should consider this. I know there are larger organizations that use this product and I would think they have had to address some of the same issues we have discovered. I have no doubt the program could be expanded to be outstanding. Just needs a little attention in some of the areas listed above.The cost of the program is certainly great and the support Mike gives also seems to be outstanding. The basic concept is very easy to understand as databases go. The interface is not cluttered with lots of things that look like a programmer designed it. The various levels of rights is a nice touch as is the ability for members to access and update their own data. Although we haven't implemented yet, the ability to integrate with online giving is also a plus.

Michael Pudlo

Powerful web based software rich with features

Reviewed 2012-10-02

This is an excellent church and contribution management software that provides 24/7 anywhere access to your church records and information. The already rich number of features are constantly being added to. Although packed with features, some of them do not work well together restricting the ability for on-the-fly modifications/edits in many areas. None-the-less it is budget friendly and will be as powerful as you make it based on how you utilize it. Online access means you don't have to be in the office to access your church's data. Users can manage their own information and access their own giving records. Constant upgrades on the server side means less issues on the user side, more features, and is the start of excellent pro-active customer service. Supports child check-in, giving records, general membership information, spiritual growth and development, and new features on a regular basis.

Jessica Pogue

Reviewed 2012-10-17

I would highly recommend this system. This system is easy to implement and the customer service is fantastic! Any problem you experience is resolved promptly! Love working with the Church Office Online personnel. I also love that it's an internet based system so you can access your records anywhere, anytime. They system is pretty self explanatory and covers all the areas you need in a church database.

Rose Hagen

User Friendly and Amazing Reports

Reviewed 2012-10-03

Any Church big or small should take a look at the tutorials and give Church Membership a try, you won't be disappointed! There customer service is the best ever, you won't be left hanging for answers!Using Church Membership Online is so simple, entering and maintaining our data base has never been easier! The reports and graphs that can be generated are simple to read, understand and share with others. It is also so convenient that when we send out an email/newsletter to all our members/attenders, Mail Chimp draws from our current data base to send to just who we want. With the addition of Child Check-In, we hope that will make the safety and check in of our Compass Kids, so much better. Whenever I have had any questions, especially when we first started, I received a response usually the same day, but later than the next day, awesome customer support!

Jeanie Stubblefield

Church Office OnLine has been a life-saver!

Reviewed 2012-10-08

My overall recommendation is GET THIS PRODUCT! I especially recommend it for small churches who need a reliable bookkeeping system that is cost effective, easy to use and has all the bells and whistles! We are a small non-denominational church plant in a city of big denominational churches. This is our first church as pastors. We were much concerned about keeping great records, and didn't know exactly how to go about that. Church Office has helped us tremendously...first, with a great price for small churches 1-60; second, with easy access to all the tools needed to keep accurate records including the finances and year end reports. It is also very easy to pay my bill each month using Paypal. I cannot say what a blessing it has been to me to be able to have all of this at my fingertips, organized and ever so helpful. Thank you for a great product & great service!

Tommy Russell

Great, better than I could imagine

Reviewed 2012-11-13

I have used several different programs over the years and I am very impressed. We are new church start and this is helping us to start right. We are staying organized from the start and this is helping us to ensure that none slip through the cracks. The way they price based on members is another huge plus for a new church, or a smaller one. I would 100% recommend church office online for anyone!Online so I can use any computer or device instead of having something loaded on a machine. Amazing...I mean AMAZING customer service, the most helpful I have seen, even better than Fellowship One (the big dog) The compatibility with an ipad for check in has been great as well. Price! The price is amazing, such a better deal than others. Texting! I am looking forward to this, it is actually the ONLY thing I was looking for that it didn't have, and now it does!

Lisbeth Chapman

A great value - would recommend for sure!

Reviewed 2012-10-03

As a former Database Manager (former career), I would definitely recommend Church Membership Online. It is robust in its scope yet still easy to use, and most amazingly, quite affordable! Easy to use/Intuitive Great truly-web-based tool All relevant parties (pastor, church staff, etc) able to view/share info in real time Very affordable! Responsive customer service Affordable and manageable system for a church like ours that is not a mega-church Very open to feedback regarding features and how the system works Anyone in the church can access their own record with just their email address - doesn't require admin to create a ton of users

Cesar Mendoza

Excellent Church Administration Tool

Reviewed 2012-11-28

Our Church s based in London England, even do we are using your software, could it be more open for other currencies, at the moment you got just for Canada & USA; I have recommended your software to others Pastors but this issue with currency stop them using it. Also the classification for school years, the education system is different in other countries, it should be better for us to classify by ages rather that for scholar year..For us it has been an useful tool to know how our church is doing in attracting new visitors and working for assimilation. Our last planning leadership meeting was easy to present our journey in 2012.

Tabitha Riggs

Very Affordable

Reviewed 2012-10-02

Overall, I would recommend this product. Especially for small churches and low budget churches.When researching membership database options this was the most affordable while still meeting our needs. With the addition of the Child Check-in System, which is included for free, you can't beat it! It is fairly simple to use and set up users. The customer service is excellent! I usually get a reply within 5 minutes of sending an email.

Sherry Monroe

Customer support rules!

Reviewed 2012-12-04

The more I learn about this program the more I like it. What I know I highly recommend.I am so happy with Customer Support. I put a phone call out and get a response in a timely manner. They meet me at my level. They are right there when I need help. They spend the time to be on the phone giving me a step-by-step walk through. They are respectful. They allow me the time and courtesy to try out for myself what I need to accomplish while they are on the phone. I come away feeling confident that I can do the task ahead. Five shining stars! I did have an email response with how to do a task that was most helpful and clear. I could follow th instructions well

Chris Shrum

It was exactly what I was looking for!!!

Reviewed 2012-11-29

I would highly recommend this site. It will help you organize details and events. It will also aid you in tracking families.As a minister, there are a hundred things that I have to track; there are details I need to remember about people and about circumstances. Church office online meets that need! I can use it any where I have my computer, tablet or smart phone. Details come at all times of the day. It is nice to be able to look up information and add information no matter where I am at. Also, our leadership, staff, and church secretary can add updates on details of events and peoples that I can view. Instead of having to track people down for these details, they are on the site.

Travis McCracken

Great church software to help you run your church smooth!

Reviewed 2018-06-14

This software is so easy to learn to use and to maintain. I love the texting feature that you can mass text your church members all at one time or in groups.

Jeanna Tate

Heritage Oaks Membership

Reviewed 2012-10-02

I would highly recommend this program to any other church administrators. I love it. It makes my job so much easier & my day so much better!It makes my job a lot easier. I have to keep attendance every sunday & the pastor & I send letters to the people who are out that week. With the software I can have attendance done in about 10 mins. Its also very cost effective. I don't have to use so much paper to keep records. I would highly recommend it to other churches.

Corey Larson

Great product with great customer service!

Reviewed 2012-11-28

I would recommend this to any church office looking to move their record keeping online!The transition to Church Office Online has been quite easy and having all of our data in one convenient location has streamlined many of our church office functions. The Cloud based system has also been very handy because it has allowed staff to access necessary information outside of the office on laptops and even on smart phones.

Karen Bledsoe

Enjoying CMO

Reviewed 2012-11-13

I think any church of any size would be pleased with this product.We have uploaded our member data and are starting to use CMO for attendance and contribution monitoring. I love that I can take attendance on my phone at the beginning of service and not have to enter it the next day. Contributions are easy to enter. I like that the church family can update their ever changing information! The staff likes the reporting pieces and demographics look. The church family likes having an up-to-date directory at their fingertips.