Church Office Online Logo

Church Office Online

Web based church management software

Church Office Online Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

Reviews by rating

So far we have been very happy with it and love the fact that it integrates so many other resources.
Super easy interface that is chock full of amazing features like financial reporting, attendance tracking, child check-in and member login.
It does not work the best on iPhones and tablets. Especially when you go to rotate the screen it doesn’t move which is irritating.
Hard to edit/ fix mistakes. No lock feature on pass enteries.
But the above UI and other problems keep me from doing so, as they make doing certain things unexplainably harder than necessary.

DK

Donna K.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Donor Perfect for my Church

I enter the weekly donations and print reports. I can do the data entry pretty quickly.

Pros

For the most part, it is easy to use, and the reporting is very good.

Cons

It's not always intuitive. There have been times when I've had to really look to find what I need to know.

CL

Corey L.

Great product with great customer service!

I would recommend this to any church office looking to move their record keeping online!

Pros

The transition to Church Office Online has been quite easy and having all of our data in one convenient location has streamlined many of our church office functions. The Cloud based system has also been very handy because it has allowed staff to access necessary information outside of the office on laptops and even on smart phones.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve on getting the program to do exactly what we have needed but customer support has been phenomenal. Questions get answered almost immediately and the service has been extremely professional and helpful.

KB

Karen B.

Enjoying CMO

I think any church of any size would be pleased with this product.

Pros

We have uploaded our member data and are starting to use CMO for attendance and contribution monitoring. I love that I can take attendance on my phone at the beginning of service and not have to enter it the next day. Contributions are easy to enter. I like that the church family can update their ever changing information! The staff likes the reporting pieces and demographics look. The church family likes having an up-to-date directory at their fingertips.

Cons

For me, only minor tweaking of some things need to be done, but the customer support is great about it!

KS

Kenny S.

At Our Fingertips

We would recommend others to use this technology to assimilate their information and communicate with their membership.

Pros

We have found this program easy to understand and use. The navigation is very organized and the assimilation of information is almost instant when selected. The variety of fields and filters available are excellent can even be customized. So far, everything has lived up to what is promised in the promotional material from Church Office Online.

Cons

We have not experienced any negative features of this technology. The only thing we might suggest they add in the future is mass e-mail and phone texting right from their platform.

KS

KELLY S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

User friendly product

We have had an excellent overall experience with Church Office Online.

Pros

We use this software to manage our church membership, communication with church membership, and managing our church giving and various projects.

Cons

We haven't notice any real cons with this software. It is very user-friendly and we've found even our least tech-savvy member can use it.

DL

Doug L.

OUTSTANDING PRODUCT & SUPPORT

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Pros

Our church office transitioned from an installed cumbersome church data system to Church Office Online in a matter of a few hours. The fact that our team can login from anywhere in the world via the cloud is fantastic. We added the Vanco online giving piece offered, and again within a few hours we were "live", website to bank with rates that were extremely competitive. Church Office Online has made its product simple to use, easy to train. Support has been a breath of fresh air, responsive and efficient.

Cons

In 10 months of use, I can't come up with any "cons"!

DG

Denis Gustavo C.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Mejoras continuas

Nada en específico

Pros

Simplicidad y rápida gestión de archivos

Cons

Ya esta muy poco actualizado, necesita innovar en herramientas de edicion

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

RP

RJ P.

Things just don't work

We switched to COO a couple years ago because we needed to save money and liked the features of COO. They have changed there system so now it looks exactly like Shelby Next (and i mean exactly). The problem I have is that nothing works right. They seem to be out running themselves trying so hard to put out new and better services while never making the ones they release work right. Whenever I call...

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the specific issues you are having with our program. I took some detailed notes! We value the input of our subscribers and continually work to improve our product and service. Church Office Online ChMS

AD

Andrew D.

Just Starting But Already Love It

Churchmembershiponline.com is wonderful. Our congregation just moved from a much bulkier and cumbersome program that required constant maintenance just to keep information current. WIth the ability to update from anywhere and have members handle their own information is the main reason we switched. Even though we just started using it, it has already changed how we manage our congregations paper work.

Pros

Ease of use Ability for members to keep their information current Quick to start Support is very fast in responding

Cons

Takes a while to become comfortable with ALL the features. An iPhone/Android app would be great instead of using a browser

DJ

Debbie J.

Innovating

Would recommend this software because it is a great tool for all in the ministry (staff and congregation).

Pros

Accessible from any computer. Really love the idea of using the iPad, mobile phones, etc. Really like that others may sign in and use the data for themselves in other areas of ministry. Video tutorials.

Cons

Not as easy to set up different needed areas. It would have been nice to have known more at the beginning about dates, anniversary's, church membership dates, so that additional data entry would not have been needed as much. re: the data import method.

KK

Karl K.

Great Solution! Great Product! Great Price!

I highly recommend Church Office Online to help you to ministry.

Pros

As a pastor of a small church, I had been searching for ages for a product that would meet our needs, that was affordable, and was not created in the 1990's. I'm very thankful for finding Church Office Online. I very much appreciate being able to access information from the office, my home or from my phone.

Cons

With it being webbased, it not quite as snappy as it could be, and there are a few things that are confusing. But for the most part it's pretty user friendly and responsive.

EJ

EDWIN J.

THE ROAD FORWARD

I will recommend however that a feature to allow the administrator to view activity per login will be most desirable. This will enhance the security in the system. The admin can tell who did what. It will be good to add that to the reports feature accessible by admin or pastor.

Pros

This system is very easy to use, very convenient and also easy to get ordinary church members to use. The customer service and technical support team is quick to respond and very supportive. The system is efficient, and saves time in communication within the church organization.

Cons

Not much to say on cons.

KB

KWABENA B.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

A Great Organiser

Made it easier organising and managing the church members as well as emails without having to jump platforms.

Pros

Helps organising contacts for the church members and thus makes it easy to track members and check on them. It also has email capabilities which is the icing on the cake for me.

Cons

I did enjoy the free trial and was willing to continue like that but the company also need to make some money.

AP

Althea P.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

User not Administrator

Experience still a work in progress.

Pros

Reporting finance good. Helpful at tax time.

Cons

Very hard to figure out how to make changes to forms. Our system was set up by someone who is unavailable for help. Watched your video but didn't cover what I needed.

AS

Arthur S.

A Great Resource to Churches of All Sizes!!!

I would actually recommend this software for any congregation of any sizes. I love the fact that it's an online product and that our data is 100% secure!

Pros

-Easy to understand with great tutorial videos. -Simple outline of software to implement data. -Many helpful resources and bonus services you wouldn't expect in in package like this. -Very cost effective no matter what size your congregation.

Cons

-I do not have any cons at this time. I feel all of our needs being met through this software.

DC

Dorothy C.

Simple to use; good for a small church

Excellent, especially for a small church that needs something easy and flexible. The customer support is A++++++; anytime I have had a question or problem I have gotten personalized support very quickly.

Pros

This product is excellent for a small church that really only has volunteer labor, b/c the online format means people can look at information on as many different computers as necessary. Very easy to use, very intuitive.

Cons

For a larger church, some of the financial info might not be powerful enough

DK

Don K.

So Easy A Pastor Could Use It...

I would definitely recommend Church Office Online to others.

Pros

I gave Church Membership Online five stars for customer support because we have literally never needed any help. The website is so easy to use and to navigate. The cost is very friendly for small churches like ours. It has been worth every penny.

Cons

We had a little bit of trouble understanding how to add individuals versus families but after a short trial and error we caught on and it has worked well for us.

LC

Lara C.

Good for small churches

This is a great overall product. It is perfect for our small church and at an affordable price. Support team has been very responsive in responding to issues. They also seem to be releasing new features all the time.

Pros

The feature we liked the most is that this software runs in the cloud. We don't have to install on our server and all our volunteers can access. This product has really helped us in organizing our data.

Cons

Wish some functions were more customizable.

DA

Derrick A.

Great church management resource!

Highly recommend this product for other churches to use - helps us stay organized and focused, without the hassle of tedious recording and reporting.

Pros

Awesome attendance tracking and reporting that is very user-friendly! Very beneficial database system that helps keep our church organized!

Cons

Since it is web-based, we are a little limited in our use of this at the middle school on Sundays, so some more offline-use accessibility would be nice.

SG

Sherman G.

Overall Pleased

It's a good product. Useful and growing.

Pros

We have a handle of concerns/critiques that seem to be 'heard' by the developers, if nothing else. I like that. The product does seem to be continually developing, which I like to see.

Cons

Too many 'small' yet annoying issues. We have addressed those, and will continue to do so throughout the support side of the website and/or calls in to tech support.

CV

Clark V.

Simply Awesome!

How does one describe that Goldilocks experience? Just right. That's CMO in a nutshell. Moreover, the import your old data option was a monumental blessing, and worth every penny. We are a small church with no full-time staff or pastors ... everyone is part-time. This software is perfect for our needs and appears to flexible for any sized church's needs. Too many features to mention in a single review...one would need to blog about that. Perfect! Simply perfect.

JM

Jerry M.

Review Request

This is a great product at an even better price. I've been looking at church management software for over a year and found church office to be the best value for a small church plant. It has a lot of great features that can grow with our church.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to navigate through all the features. The display is very intuitive.

Cons

I would like to see a visitor registration module that can easily be used on a tablet.

CB

Cade B.

Sweet Program

This is a powerhouse of a program. I highly recommend it to any church that is looking for a way to manage all of their churches information.

Pros

I like operating off of the cloud, being able to have immediate access to church information.Two other pros are the simplicity of use and the designers ability to listen to the needs of their customers and adapt.

Cons

Have not come across one yet

Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees

Works for the Mid-sized Church

Great experience.

Pros

They have great functionality on certain levels of the software for leaders to connect with their small groups easily which has been nice.

Cons

I think as you grow and want to see more data flow, it's hard to see everything with the reports that they give you.

GR

Gabe R.

You get what you pay for. This is the cheapest software in its field. Customer support is rough.

Pros

Its cheap! Its customizable. It works great for keeping attendance and people's info at your finger tips...if you don't have trouble logging in.

Cons

What I made in savings I spent double on in staff time on the phone with "customer support". I have many regrets about this purchase.