DONATION Logo

DONATION

Donation management software for small to midsize churches

DONATION Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.52/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Our needs are fairly straightforward and Donation allows for easy multiple donation entries for a given day. Also, the support has been great.

DS

Drew S.

The software is very user friendly, all options that are needed for our organization are integrated into DONATION. Dan is fantastic to work with, any questions/concerns are promptly answered.

JD

Jessica D.

I don't usually write reviews for programmes/products etc. but feel that Donation deserves a very strong recommendation. I am very thankful that I was fortunate enough to learn of its existence.

MW

Margaret W.

Even past years were available if needed to reprint receipts. The only downside relates to the set up of categories (for our various cause collections) which we had to do a couple of times.

RP

Robert P.

If there is no way of being able to do this quicker I may change my format for 2010. Right now I am entering the amounts by envelope number and record on my spreadsheet alphabetically.

PM

Peter M.

I do however struggle a little looking for the correct reports I require. Mainly because I use them so infrequently and forget were to look.

TB

Theresa B.

DONATION users...

Donarius-logocaret
listing-logo

Donarius

Compare both
How would you rate DONATION?

Donation works great!

Our ministry has used the Donation software since 2000. We have been through the trials and errors of the developement and improvement. This has been a wonderful program for us and has saved us many hours and dollars when compared to some of the other programs out there. Mr. Cooperstock, the developer, is very prompt to answer questions or handle problems. We especially like the way it generates receipts, and while many organizations only generate them at the end of the year our ministry has always generated them each week. Overall we have been very happy with the program and would highly recommend it especially to smaller ministries.

Great and simple software

Our Church have been struggling to issue receipts every month using spread sheets until we came to know DONATION in google search. It really improves our efficiency and able to keep proper record of each Church member. The support and service is fast and can answer our questions in very short time. The only thing I would like to see it improves is that the pledge can be carried forward to next year. Currently we can only manage pledges for the same year. If we start the pledge period, say from October, we cannot manage it until next October. Overall I really like the software and looking forward to many years of using it.

Easy as Pie

As the Treasurer of a small not-for-profit library that exists due to the donations of those who believe operating a library in our small village is crucial, I produce over 200 receipts annually. Doing this by hand would be onerous and "Donation" greatly reduces the time factor and allows me to be prompt and accurate in producing receipts for income tax purpose. I learned about "Donation" from our Church's envelope secretary and started using the programme soon after that. I have since recommended "Donation" to many similar organizations who, like me, find it a reasonably priced solution to the problem of issueing receipts.

DONATION SOFTWARE

DONATION Software is just what it says it is - very user friendly and tracks your donors and issues receipts. I had been looking for something that I would be able to simply be able to issue receipts and be able to use as a data base for my mailing list and DONATION did it. I had a couple questions early on and needed some help in finding out what the problem was and boy did I get answers fast from the DONATION "help desk". I have never had such quick response from a "help desk" as I did from DONATION. It is simple to use and instructions are given in very simple terms, so that anyone could understand them.

Church Financial Secretary

I have been using Dan Cooperstock's Donation Program for years and love it. It makes my job as Financial Secretary of our church so much easier. Before using this program, everything was done by hand. I print out everyone's giving at the 6 month mark and, of course, at the end of the year, the total year's giving for everyone to report to the IRS. I back up the program every week on a flash drive. If I ever have any questions, I e-mail Dan and he gets back to me very quickly. I would recommend this program to any church large or small. Dan has definitely made my job much easier!

Cons

Most functional church software ever!

Donation is the most affordable and functional software for churches or any non-profit organizations to keep track of donations. The software is so intuitive that any users with minimal computer knowledge can start using it without any instruction. This excellent program has helped us saved tons of time and effort every week, and, when it is time to print out the donation receipts. Customer service is top of the line as Dan, the programmer and owner, provide customized personal service at all time. He even let us knows when he is on vacation! God Bless you, Dan!

Pastor and Church Treasurer

I am William W. Woods, pastor of Desert Hope Wesleyan Church in Phoenix, Arizona. I have been using the Donation program for the last several months and have found it to be the easiest, most efficient program that I have ever used to keep track of our people's giving and other important information such as addresses, phone numbers, and things that a Church needs to keep track of for their records. I have recommended this program to others and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to stay on top of important information concerning membership and giving records.

Great Program

We tried several much more expensive programs. Donation meets our needs perfectly. It is very easy to use, very quick, doesn't crash like the others did. End of the year reports are a breeze. There may be fancier interfaces out there, but you pay for the pretty colors in speed and stability. Donation loads quickly and we have never had it crash on us. This is our 3rd year tracking all of our giving. We make thousands of entries each year. The customer service is personal and immediate. I cannot reccomend this program enough especially to churches.

Best Donation Software for Churches and Non-Profits

I have been using Donation for contributions to my church for several years. I truly believe it is the most user friendly program available. I have recommended it to several church treasurer friends and also to some non-profit organizations. It is easy to set up donation categories so each account can be tracked. Completing yearly donation letters is a breeze (almost effortless). I can even print mailing labels. Nothing could be any easier. Dan Cooperstock provides wonder customer service. I love Donation and recommend it to all churches and non-profits.

Software4Nonprofits

We have been using Dan Cooperstock's product for some years now and we find it excellent for our church needs. If we need help with anything we can get it from him in less than an hour. We are satisfied with it.

Cons

To be honest, I can't always answer emails or phone calls within one hour, because I'm not always in the office! But when I'm in, emails are always a top priority over other elements of my work. And except for unusual circumstances like vacations (when I still check emails at least twice a day) it is seldom the case that a reply will take over 6 hours.

Ease of Use and Customer Service

I have been using donation for six years due to the affordability for non-profit sector and allows for simple use for those of us who require just the basics. Extracting reports from system is laid out for easy use, with more extensive features for those pursuing fund raising campaign donor information. Would highly recommend for any small non-profits, where data input volunteers or officers may change frequently. There are not too many software programs where your help questions are answered by the program developer. Responses are always quick and thorough.

Fantastic

DONATION has been fantastic for our organization. I've used it for many years and recommended it to a fellow treasurer at another charitable organization. It simplifies the charity receipts process at year end and saves quite a bit of time. I love that there can be customization and tracking of giving streams. It's intuitive and also provides many prompts and instructions which was very helpful. I've appreciated that the updates keep coming through and that there is confidence that we are onside with government requirements for our charitable receipts.

100% satisfied

When I took over the role of donation tracking in our church I was a little skeptical when this software was suggested, but I must say within 1 week I had a changed attitude. I have had nothing but exceptional service and support. It amazes me how much energy the developer puts into improving and upgrading the software because I feel like it is already so exceptional. Every time I've thought to myself, "oh it would be nice if I could..." after 10 minutes of looking I always find that that function is already built in. The program is just about dummy-proof.

Donation program review

I have used the Donation software program for a year now, including the issuing of charitable receipts and have been very pleased with it. It is easy to set up and use, has all the report options that I need and most importantly, issues correct official charitable tax receipts. When I did have a question, I received an email answer quickly and the help menu is extensive. When I was looking for a donation program, I discovered that many organizations only use Excel which is very time consuming and cumbersome. I have recommended this software to them.

Cons

Excellent does everything at year end and makes weekly updating a breeze

We are a small church and have used Donations for at least 5 years and LOVE everyting about it. It is easy to use, quick and if we have question we get a flash response from a person with no run-around. We often transfer responsibility for the operating and updating and can easily and quickly show someone how to do updates. At year end we can be assured by the program that everything will be perfect including updates to Government requirements, etc. This is a great tool. The only regret is that we did not get it sooner. Sure beats manual system.

From A Pastor's View

The Donation software is simple to use & when compared to some other programs I have used in the past, it is inexpensive. I have been using this software for three or four years & have not had any serious problems. When a problem did occur, it was easily "fixed" by reading the manual or sending an email with my question. It was always responded to in just a couple of hours. I recommend this software to everyone working with church offering accounting with the responsibility of tracking donations, & sending out year end contribution reports.

Simple and efficient

DONATION has been a great program for our church. It has a fairly simple interface, has a selection of reports and does an efficient job of keeping track of our records. Pros: easy to train new people on, the basic functions are easy to learn, can print a variety of reports, great customer service, reasonably priced Cons: a few areas where some steps could be simplified esp. in entering new people into the db Dan Cooperstock provides customer service that is timely--usually same day if not same hour after a query is made. Top notch!

Donation software for churches

I have used this program for our small church for several years. It is extremely easy to use, has everything we need, and I believe could be used for any size church. Very nice that yearly receipts can be printed with the push of a button rather than hours spent with a pen. I would recommend it to any church of any size. Any communication with the owner makes you feel as though you are the only customer he has and the communication is personal as opposed to the feeling of dealing with a large multinational corporation. Top notch.

Great for Church Tithes

We love using Donation for our church tithes. The end of the year letters are worded just as CPA told me they should be. It's very simple to set up and use. Although we have had no problems with the software whatsoever, we have had great customer service with emails including updates that we needed to install. I just recently moved our program off an old computer that used Windows XP onto a new computer using Windows 8 with absolutely no problems whatsoever. The backup worked wonderfully! The pricing is exceptional also!

DONATION

Our church purchased the program with Batch entry and would suggest that to everyone. Easy to use, prints well formatted reports and is simply GREAT for organizations requiring a program for donations requiring tax receipts. Ease of use - 10/10. Want an update - notification by the program. Have a question - email the author and get a response the same day! It's for donations only, but it's the best program I've encountered using Windows 8. Help files are incredible but so is the author's help. We're completely satisfied!

DONATION

We have now used DONATION to track contributions to our scholarship fund for three years. We were looking for cost-effective system that would keep cumulative totals by donor over a period of more than 20+years. Dan Cooperstock has been exceedingly helpful to modify the basic program to accommodate our needs. Updates occur frequently, without additional charge. Documentation is thorough and support has been fantastic. Honestly, the only 'con' is that we didn't learn about the program sooner. We highly recommend DONATION.

Seven Years Experience with a Great Program - DONATION

I switched to DONATION from Membership Plus in 2006. It was a very good decision. The program works very well and Dan is constantly improving it. It is easy to use, requires very little set-up, but has some flexibility "under the hood" if needed. Best thing about DONATION is customer service. Dan (the owner programmer and only employee of the company) is always there when you need him and will stick with you until your issue is solved. He is also receptive to program changes if they will make it better for everyone.

Donation Software

I have used the Donation Program for our United Church for three years now and have found it to be a very user friendly program which has great support. Anytime that I have had to contact Dan Cooperstock in regard to the program I have received advise in a timely and courteous manner (he has never called me "stupid" which I am sure he must have felt like doing!). So far I have not found anything that I would class as a con about the program. Overall I would strongly recommend this program to any church or group.

October 2013 - Massey Place Community Church

Our overall impression is that the program does what it is intended to do. Since we are a small organization the less complicated the better. We have not tried its' partner Accounts so do not know about the user friendliness of that aspect. Reports are easy though sometimes take a little reminding with the Help. Exporting to Excel is a major benefit. Cost is very reasonable and we have always found the Technical support timely. Even had our suggestions well received. We have not found any cons at this point

Cons

Exactly what we needed for our size Church.

I was looking for software that was reasonably priced and easy to use. Donation is just that. I am not a computer pro and did not want something that takes all my time just to enter our churches' donations. This one is simple, covers all of the legal requirements and prints the end of year reports and receipts very well. Our last program kept getting more complicated and extremely expensive each time I had to up grade. Thank you, Dan for creating something for the average size Church. God Bless You