DonorSnap Logo
DonorSnap

Contact database and donor management tools for fundraisers

visit website

DonorSnap Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.78/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

We have been very happy with DonorSnap. It is a great value for the price paid, the support team is amazing (and we've rarely needed help!), and the report writing function is easy to use.
The customer support is excellent. Their response time and thoughtful answers were always very helpful.
Customer service is fantastic and if we cannot find answers in the videos they provide, we can reach out via email or telephone, and their responses are quick and helpful.
Our biggest problem is not with DonorSnap. Until recently, we have been an all volunteer (no employees) non-profit and finding a volunteer to maintain DS has been difficult.
I hate that the lists of fields are not in any logical order. Fields are very difficult to find and searching for the field I want wastes time.
It is slow and several of the buttons make no sense. It is hard to create a new contact when you are in a screen searching for a contact that does not come up.

DonorSnap users...

Blackbaud eTapestry-logocaret

Blackbaud eTapestry

Salesforce Sales Cloud-logocaret

Salesforce Sales Cloud

How would you rate DonorSnap?

Good functionality at an affordable price

Transcript

Bettina S.: Hi, my name is Bettina. I'm an executive director. I give DonorSnap a five out of five star...

You can't go wrong with DonorSnap

DonorSnap has been great. The staff was amazing when we converted our data from excel spreadsheets. They make the process so easy! I was amazed! I had lots of people warning me that transferring to donor management software was going to be stressful. I think we got through the whole process in a couple of weeks and it all went very smoothly. The turnaround time for help requests is fantastic. I have never waited more than a few hours for a response.

Pros

I love the ease of use! We went from using an excel spreadsheet to DonorSnap. It has enabled us to create a more robust picture of our supporters and to have a better understanding of donor trends from year to year. In addition, for a limited staff, the streamlined acknowledgement process has been a game-changer. Especially at year end, when we are trying to respond to donations as quickly as possible.

Cons

There are only 2 drawbacks to the software. The first is really an a function of the way that our organization's fiscal year is set up and the way that we do our work! I would like a way to be able to create Fundholder acknowledgement letters through the sytem (letters notifying them that a gift has been received) there is a simple work around for this- but it just requires a few extra steps.

We use Donorsnap everyday

Overall we depend on Donorsnap entirely to run our organization. We have no issues with data integrity or exporting to Constant Contact. We do not manage a complicated set of donors. I've heard that the reason to upgrade to a different product is the ability to parse sets of donors by capability.

Pros

Donorsnap is all in the cloud, training is straightforward and our team can remember how to use it.

Cons

Integration with Quickbooks has been improved over time. Now it's less complicated. We depend on that and we pay someone to do it. it needs to be done frequently by someone, not a random volunteer. but that's ok. It works.

DonorSnap Has Great Value

DonorSnap Support has always been prompt and has solved issues quickly. The product has great value for a reasonable cost. I have now used the product for over seven years and continue to upgrade the customization of the product to meet our growing needs. Free training is always available, and I send our new users to the online training webinars. DonorSnap also continues to make improvements in their system. Thank you for a wonderful product!

Pros

For a small organization, DonorSnap provides everything we need for contact and donor management. I love the fact that it is highly customizable for our specific needs.

Cons

I am totally pleased that this product meets all our needs.

Great service!

Getting donor information in a format that we can use. Also, being able to track donor's information, donations, receipting, and development information.

Pros

The ease of use of DonorSnap makes it a great tool for donor management and for fundraising. Training new users is easy with new staff. Also, creating reports works for whatever is needed. We have always received quick responses to any questions on service or recommendations for possible upgrades to service.

Cons

We have not had anything that we do not like about this software.

Non-Profit Donor Management Software that Continues to Add Features

We use DonorSnap to manage information for our constituents including donations, contact information, preferences etc. This allows us to track the success of our appeals, send targeted mailings, keep track of volunteers, etc.

Pros

The ability to enter donations, track pledges, and report on the funds raised for each campaign and/or appeal are critical. The dashboard is also nice and easy to customize. Recently added is the ability to import online donations directly into the software. There are many fields you can customize and the new custom contribution statements are great. There is the ability to set up emails from the system. We have not used this yet but it seems to be a great new function.

Cons

I find the "Data Miner Platinum" reporting function the most confusing part of the software. Some items are not very intuitive to me. I previously worked with another donor management program so maybe this is part of the problem as it worked quite a bit differently. Although I can do many reports on my own, I definately get stuck every now and then. Fortunately I can usually get a fairly quick email response from DonorSnap support regarding the problem.

Excellent Program for tracking donations and volunteers

I used DonorSnap for about 3 years to manage volunteers and donors at the homeless shelter where I worked. It made our process for tracking and acknowledging these aspects of our work much more organized and efficient.

Pros

This is an excellent program. It's great for a non-profit to track contacts and all donations and volunteer hours and form a list from which many types of reports can be pulled. Excellent for mailings and generating acknowledgement letters that would have otherwise had to be hand-written. Great for campaigns. Wonderful help index on every page with detailed instructions and help-videos. Excellent customer support with frequent training webinars.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to generate an email list right from the program without having to go through a third party like Constant Contact. Also, generating mailing labels is not as easy as it could be.

Adele, thank you so much for the praise! We're very pleased to hear how DonorSnap has helped increase the organization and efficiency of your nonprofit. I think you will also be pleased to hear that we added a mass email tool to DonorSnap earlier this year. It is included with all subscriptions. Email us at support@donorsnap.com and we'll walk you through it.

Donorsnap for Small Nonprofits

LOVE donorsnap!!!!!As a sole employee, I use interactions, notes and document attachment. Gives me great piece of mind when someone takes my place in the future, having our donor history in one place.

Pros

affordable with features I need to keep up with donors, trends in giving, lapsed and enhanced donors, great customer service, responsive support

Cons

I would like the ability to attach documents directly from the desktop, without having to scan/save them as a file first AND the ability to attach multiple documents at the same time, instead of one by one. On a mobile device, the ability to upload multiple photos/images (each file is named jpg) so new uploads won't save due to same file name.

Best experience ever

I love this program. It made my life infinitely easier and our database actually fun to work with.

Pros

The key to any software working is knowing how to use it. DS has AMAZING support and education that gets you up and running and continuing to develop your understanding of the software.

Cons

There is some functionality that we needed that DS did not offer. A work around was found but it adds steps.

Enjoy my Work

I enjoy working with the Donor Snap Program. It has a clean, organized data entry system which you set up for your needs. You can adjust the screen view to your liking. When you need help, you can find it. And their Support Desk has always been timely about responses.

Pros

You set up the data entry screens to suit your needs. The reports you create are continuously updated with the new, daily data. D.S. offers timely response to any immediate questions, they offer weekly training and also a great Help menu of past recorded training. I believe D.S. keeps my data safe and secure, which is the most important feature of any program.

Cons

What I liked least about D.S. was the fact that for each report I wanted to create, I had to start from scratch to create a report even for similar reports. They have since, made it possible to copy a report I want to start with and then I can make changes to it. I have also learned that I maybe can't get the full accurate response to my one report. Maybe I have to run a simpler report and then use the spreadsheet further to narrow down what I am looking for. (I hope that makes sense.)

Perspective from a Non Profit Volunteer Fire Department

As a volunteer Fire Dept operating entirely on membership donations, DonorSnap has made our ability to contact our residents annually to solicit memberships very easy and straightforward. We do a physical mass mail out at the beginning of our fiscal year as well as mass email. We do a reminder to anyone who has not responded 90 days later. Donorsnap makes the ability to track this process quick...

Pros

Very easy to use and set up. The support and training is second to none. Lots of customization abilities.

Cons

The only shortfall for us is we would like to see an Android app. Or at least an easier way to log in via Android phone when needed.

Fantastic customer service for a beginner

Excellent product with fantastic customer service. This is a donor management tool; if you are looking for a donor communication tool be aware there are no design templates for mass email campaigns. Still, it's great and will make your accounting on the back end a breeze.

Pros

DonorSnap is a fantastic tool to keep track of donors gifts and integrate with your accounting firm. Donations are coded with accounting codes and accurate records/reporting is a breeze. Reports can be challenging to build, however, support is really fantastic. I have never felt stranded in running in a report... help desk is always open during regular business hours and that is super important to a small nonprofit.

Cons

Yes! Mass email campaigns is wonky. It would be great if there were some templates that were designed for use. I know you can also subscribe to constant contacts for their design templates but that is another cost. In this day and age, there should be some preset templates.

Functional, User-Friendly and Great Product

We have enjoyed growing with DonorSnap. More options and reporting tools have become available in the last few years which has helped us tremendously with the ease of accessing the kinds of reports we needed/wanted without manually creating them.

Pros

Easy access to our donor base and the ability to add individual notes for each contact. The ability to add events/fields for each donor is also very useful in tracking attendees for fundraisers or events.

Cons

I wish we could go directly to Contacts, rather than through a drop-down menu (Community)

Small Non Profit Review

Very satisfied with DonorSnap and the ease of use.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Flexibility to add fields, change screen layouts , so they are more intuitive for users.

Cons

Only 1 merchant processor interfaces with DonorSnap, built in response forms are limited would prefer to be able to use other 3rd party products.

Just what we needed when we needed it and it still works for us.

When we started with it we were just trying to keep accurate records of donors' contact information and donations for their IRS records and our planning purposes. It has been easy to keep track of pledges and pledge giving, campaigns and appeal responses, donor designations, memorial, and honorary donations, and so much more. DonorSnap continues to develop its program with additional tools and related services. We are now keeping track of our volunteers and the hours that they give. Information can flow to other software tools like Quickbooks and Constant Contact. Responsive forms integrate with our website. DonorSnap keeps adding tools without raising our cost.

Pros

Easy to learn. Easy to use. Access from multiple sites by multiple users. No information lost -- all downloadable to Excel. Built-in reports. Fantastic support. Low cost. All of these were things we needed in 2013. We chose DonorSnap and have never been sorry. The annual free National Change of Address service is a real bonus.

Cons

Some of our younger, more tech-savvy staff find it a bit clunky compared to the much higher priced bells and whistles software that they have used.

It's Amazing

Pros

I love the fact that DonorSnap allows you to set up multiple users with different privileges. The integration with my accounting software was seamless. Using this software on a daily basis allows my board members to see updates instantly.

Cons

I wish that there was an option for membership ID numbers to automatically generate.

Easy to learn and use

Overall, it's been a very good experience. The email and mail merge features save a lot of time from having to go back-and-forth between other software programs. Integrating forms for payment into our website is simple, and the built-in reports are easy to understand and relatively easy to customize. I can usually find the information I need with a few clicks, if it's not already on my dashboard apps.

Pros

I came to this software from a company that used a much more expensive and well-known CRM, and was worried it would not have the features and functionality I needed. As I quickly learned, it is in many ways better than the software I had been using: easier to learn, more user-friendly, more intuitive, and with a more robust set of tools and templates built-in. It has a wealth of training videos and articles, and customer support is always quick to respond for the answers I can't find myself. , r

Cons

The biggest drawback is its limitation in changing recurring donations. In my experience, customers have to contact me as an administrator to cancel or change their recurring donations, rather than doing it themselves. Allowing customers to modify their donation amounts, change their credit card information, etc without having to reach out to an employee would be a huge help, as we want to encourage more recurring giving -- and the lack of this feature discourages that.

Highly Recommended

It's positive. Although it's tricky to use the more complex options the email customer support is very responsive. It would be better if you have phone customer support.

Pros

I love the ease of using the software, accessing records in the database, and creating reports. We use DonorSnap to send membership drives, annual appeals, and everything works seamlessly.

Cons

When I go into "Donation History" the default is to only list the last ten donations. I wish it would just list all of them so I have the full picture. Every time I log in I need to remember to update that to "show 100." Otherwise I'm writing notes thanking people for their decade of history, when I should be thanking them for over twenty years. This can create errors in how I personally thank donors.

Thank you for your feedback, Dorothy! Also, you can save the default page size to load 100 records. Just go to the Donation tab, set the page size to 100, and then click the Save button at the top of the grid to save all the filters, column widths, etc. Please contact us at support@donorsnap.com if you have questions about it.

Donorsnap helped with a "flood" of donations

Connellsville Area Community Ministries has been a customer of Donorsnap since the summer of 2013. We track our monetary and in-kind donations with your system and generate thank you letters and end-of-year contribution statements. We also track our volunteer hours. By the end of August 2016 we had approximately 1300 records in our system. Then, on August 28, 2016, our town was hit with...

Pros

It is very flexible.

Cons

It's all good.

Great product!

We've had a great experience with DonorSnap. I'd highly recommend it.

Pros

DonorSnap is easy to use and has been a great management tool for our organization. We can easily input data and get needed reports, acknowledgment letters and receipts. It also integrates into our accounting software so we have cut data entry time as well.

Cons

It would be nice to be integrated with other email management software and not just Constant Contact.

Review from The 100 Club of Southeast Texas

This program has brought us out of the stone age where everything was done manually on various spreadsheets. Everything is in one easy to use database, which saves many hours of work every week. No regrets about purchasing the exceptional product!

Pros

The ability to process a donation in a couple of minutes was a huge help. Importing donor/member information from our online merchant with ease (everything doesn't have to be manually entered). Generating various reports. Tracking membership, donations, mass email & the ability to see the mass email results.

Cons

Nothing so far. Everything has been positive

Excellent Customer Service

DonorSnap allows us to track donations and contact information of our donors. We use it as a financial tool as well as a communication tool with our donors.

Pros

DonorSnap has exceeded our expectations. Their customer service is top-notch as they respond quickly and also are proactive in anticipating needs by offering interactive Trainings. Their software has met almost all of our needs and they are receptive to new ideas and suggestions. I use their sorting, filtering, and reporting capabilities often and they have made their software intuitive to use. I love discovering new capabilties though and that's where the trainings are valued.

Cons

The one-on-one help with our integration from our past software was invaluable. DonorSnap was technically savvy and made the transition smooth. I don't have any "cons" at this point.

Donorsnap

Donorsnap has been very useful to us in managing our donor database. I did not know anything about databases when I started. Donorsnap was relatively easy to learn and I was able to effectively use it after only a couple of weeks on the job. I have had many questions since I started using Donorsnap and the help team has been super responsive and helpful in answering my questions and solving my dilemmas. The help videos are also very good and give clear instructions on how to use Donorsnap features.

Pros

The Dataminer Platinum report maker is essential to our organization. We have made multiple reports that we use weekly to keep track of our donations and pledges. It is easy to add fields and search criteria to the reports so we can get the data we need, as it change frequently.

Cons

I have been using Automatic Task Manager to send membership renewal reminders. It took me some time to learn how to use it, but now I have the reminders working well. I would like to be able to pull fields from places other than the Contact Table. I would like to be able to use ATM to send myself (not a donor) an email when it has been one year since the last payment was made on a pledge.

DonorSnap Data Management Software

It has been good. Like I mentioned, it is a powerful database. Let's me create what I need to personalize for our business. The price is great. Customer service is TOPS. I am always answered quickly, and any time I get stuck, they help me immediately.

Pros

Donorsnap is a very powerful database software. We keep track of everything in one place. Our clients, our vendors, our donors, our partners. And, you cannot beat it anywhere for the price!

Cons

There are so many ways to put data in, I find it difficult to sometimes build a query to run a report. Also struggling to figure out the best way to use the Persona rec ords.

Comprehensive Program for a Reasonable Cost

Pros

This software allows for good record keeping and getting away from paper recordkeeping. It removes the risk of only one person being familiar with paper records. If something happened to that one person, no one else would know where to pick up from. At least with Donor Snap, tech support could get anyone up to speed. Nothing would be lost.

Cons

Tech support imported the database from Excel. Their training helped to become functional with what we needed this program for. My only recommendation is that each time a report is done, the program should automatically default to active only. I once ran a set of mailing labels and had not clicked on active only, and newsletters were sent to every name in the database. Some in the inactive had moved and didn't have forwarding addresses, and some were deceased. It was quite embarrasing to make this mistake.

Excellent Software

Many very useful features and an excellent support group. Online tutorials always available.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Online tutorials are very helpful.

Cons

The app could be improved for iPad and Android.