DonorPerfect Reviews

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

Reviews by rating

I like the great bio and dashboards too. The processing reports are easy-to-use and very helpful.
Love how organized it is and searching and reports capabilities. Love how quickly I can pull reports.
It is definitely user friendly. They also have a great customer service who is ready to chat and provide solutions for you when you need help.
Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.
Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features.
The Change of Address (COA) feature that is an add-on completely messed up our database.

1,056 reviews

TB

Terri B.

Director of Development

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Best Value for the Money

Transcript

Terry: Hi, I'm Terry I'm the director of development. I would give DonorPerfect Five out of five stars....

RK

Rob K.

COO

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very Professional. Best all-around!

Transcript

Rob K.: Hi, my name is Rob. I am the director of development for a non-profit. I give DonorPerfect Fundraising...

Lori Q.

DonorPerfect Software is my Favorite

Donor database and tax reporting for a large volume and diverse systemic need. Reconciling accounts for different GL needs is a breeze. Customer service support as been the very best I have ever experienced.

Pros

The customer service is promptly available and is always knowledgeable and friendly. We have had much success with the Madrid of options available for services and reports. There is always training webinars available and new helpful services coming out. The web-forms are so easy and efficient for online donors to purchase tickets or make donations. The credit card processing works seamlessly with the information downloads.

Cons

The reports can be very tricky to pull up, however, there is intricate detail that can be obtained, so perhaps that's why.

Lori, Thank you for the wonderful review! Our company works very hard to meet the needs of our clients. It is a plus that the reporting feature allows for simple to sophisticated reporting. The integration of the Online forms/Processing Gateway/DonorPerfect makes the system seamless and is a big time saver! We have many partners that also integrate with the system, check them out at dpconnect - https://connect.donorperfect.com/. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

JB

Jenny B.

Accounting, self-employed

Highly recommend for basic and budget friendly donation management software

Overall I recommend this for charities that need to manage their own donor database but don't want to spend high amounts on more advanced software like Blackbaud or Salesforce.

Pros

It is simple to use and budget friendly for charitable organizations.

Cons

To access more advanced features you need to pay more. Also, some of the reports are not as easy to use.

TV

Tony V.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

DonorPerfect is an overly-complicated mess

I would NOT recommend DonorPerfect. It's difficult to use and expensive.

Pros

It does all the things you may be looking for in donor management such as donor records, reporting and more (the problem is figuring out how to use it)

Cons

There are 75 ways to do the same thing which makes it very user UN-friendly and impossible to remember how to do the most basic reports

Tony, First and foremost, thank you for your feedback a while ago, informing us that you weren’t satisfied with DonorPerfect, and felt that it wasn’t user friendly. Client feedback is the driving force behind our company, and the number one item we work on is how to make things easier for our clients. We recently learned of your review, and your feeling that you could not recommend DonorPerfect...

BB

Bryan B.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Donor Perfect daily user

Very good. Support is great, knowledgebase articles are very helpful. I love having the app since I travel and visit donors. Reporting is robust and allows you to create your own reports along with canned ones.

Pros

Ease of use: The dashboard allows me to quickly see things like goal status and tasks. I can easily search for donors using multiple criteria and the screens/tabs are easy to navigate.

Cons

The app is more limited and doesn't have the search criteria available that the computer software has.

MB

Michael B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Helpful, nice product

Overall, I am happy with DonorPerfect, enough so that I would recommend it, especially if you just need basic fundraising management software.

Pros

DonorPerfect is easy to use, especially for basic fundraising purposes. Implementation was easy. Everything is pretty straightforward.

Cons

Mail merging, both donation receipts and mailings is not all that intuitive. Additionally, DonorPerfect's forms do not seamlessly integrate with your website, which would be a nice addition.

DL

Darlene L.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommended

Very easy to learn. Compatible with all the things I need it to be (quick books, constant contact), and the knowlegebase and chat are extremely helpful.

Pros

We are a small shop, yet, DonorPerfect still has the flexibility to fit our needs.

Cons

Creating reports can be tricky and is less intuitive than many of the other features.

SH

Sarah H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Small nonprofit review

For the price it works for us, we would like to see some overall look and feel updates in the future but it works for now.

Pros

The price was friendly for a newer nonprofit with a smaller budget

Cons

The look of the forms for our website, they looked dated. The ease of creating the forms, and running reports is not as intuitive

DC

Derek C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Thankful we made the Change

Exceptional - Support is always available - transition of data was seamless - looking forward to utilizing it moving forward into bigger and better campaigns.

Pros

Donor Perfect allowed my non profit to move forward from cheques and paper to emails - direct marketing and immediate knowledge of where we stand in our fundraising efforts

Cons

Perhaps not knowing that there were so many filters and report mechanisms that we could utilize . Did not find this out until an in-person training session.

SS

Stephanie S.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Donor Perfect Does the Job

Pros

Donor Perfect is great database tracking system to record and maintain histories of all donors.

Cons

It does lack some feature of other tracking programs and can feel outdated.

LJ

Lauren J.

Loving DonorPerfect

Pros

I love the ease of use in contacting donors, tracking donations and sending out letters.

Cons

Not being able to send out mass emails is a pain point.

KH

Kelly H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The perfect software for us

Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

KF

Keegan F.

Donor Perfect Review

Pros

Donor Perfect is extremely user friendly. Anyone can do basic functions like looking up a donor or adding a contact. This makes it a valuable tool for development departments.

Cons

While, Donor Perfect has come a long way in the last few years, the reporting functions still are not as strong as Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge. Also, my pet peeve is you are unable to copy a gift (which is annoying when you receive the same allocations monthly).

GR

Greg R.

Why I choose Donor Perfect for our Non-Profits CRM

They are the easiest to get ahold of of any CRM I have used in the past. They are the best at getting back to you quickly off they are unavailable. They are masters at helping solve every issue have had, with exception to the donation page.

Pros

I love how we can keep track of donors and stay in touch with them through the use of the receipting process.

Cons

The new Beta Donation page is very archaic. It is not user friendly for us as a non-profit and somewhat confusing for a donor.

DM

Denise M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great Tool. User Friendly.

We previously used multiple platforms for donor solicitation, list management thank you's, reporting, etc. DP supports these needs in one place.

Pros

I have used DP primarily as a donor management tool. My colleagues have used the tool for varied types of fundraising and recently moved me in that direction. I find the donation forms easy to set up. The thank you letters set up seemed cumbersome at first, but once I "got it" it has been easy to use also. I appreciate the support received when requested. When we moved from our old donor management system, we had no one on staff who was well versed in data migration. The DP staff took extra time to help us through this process.

Cons

I have found the reports feature challenging. However, the training tools have helped immensely as has the custom training available.

SB

Scott B.

DonorPerfect is the ESSENTIAL tool for Non Profits

Pros

DonorPerfect has been essential in running our NPO for the last eight years. From gift management, monthly pledges, security of our constituents information and overall reporting, DonorPerfect is the absolute go to recommendation I make to any of my NPO colleagues.

Cons

The initial set-up is time consuming when done yourself, but DonorPerfect does have a service to do that for you.

TM

Thomas M.

Powerful yet easy touse!

The tech support is world championship level!

Pros

Over the years I have used a plethora of software. What makes DP the winner is how easy it is to customize the screens for various types of roles the various users may have.

Cons

To be brutally honest, there is a very steep learning curve. The youTube page has great tutorials and the DP User Community is a great resoirce

KP

Kelly P.

Never leaving again!

Easy Peasy!

Pros

We have used Donor Perfect for many years and when I got my new position, I found what I thought was "BETTER" and gave all the many reasons why i thought it was a good idea to switch. After a year of torture, we're BACK!!! and we have no plans of ever switching again. The software is well designed and very user friendly!

Cons

I didn't "not" like Donor Perfect. I liked the functionality or so I thought of another platform because it was all mixed into one, but that didn't seem to go as they said. I'm glad to be back.

SD

Serena D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Time to Pay only for what you need to get started and then grow!

I like to share this with those who let me talk about DP experience is. Our previous software was "alright" but it would have cost almost $3k for training (as I was new to the role) and I had to speak the software language. With DP it is easy and intuitive and free training is ALWAYS available via webinars (which were very similar to my in-depth personal training). DP versus other higher-cost versions of donor platforms is what Windows was to DOS. DP is easy to use, learn and navigate - the key to more people using it to have a good system.

Pros

Ease of intergration. Ease of showing others how to use, not annual contracts, always access to support via chat (which is awesome btw) and most importantly training videos/webinars that don't require a university degree to understand (which means more people use the system!)

Cons

Things that you don't realize you want, do come at additional cost. Examples are OnlineForms PLUS and Smart Automations. Found out about these from webinars AFTER our purchase. We have started to be really "efficient" with our system and are doing more, which means more additional costs which can add up (so maybe more combined add-on packages could be developed?)

MC

Marci C.

We LOVE DonorPerfect!

We use DonorPerfect to track everything. The reports are most helpful.

Pros

I have used DonorPerfect at two organizations and have been very happy! Having a 14 year old database program at my previous organization, my job was to research and find a new program for us. I looked at everything and decided on DonorPerfect. It wasn't the Cadillac (we couldn't afford) or the Yugo (we needed more power), but it was "just right"! When I moved to my new position in a new organization, there was no database - everything had been tallied on separate spreadsheets. The decision was easy and we purchased DonorPerfect. We haven't looked back!

Cons

Custom reports took a little while to conquer, but it's smooth sailing now.

Marci, I am thrilled to hear that NA'AMAT USA loves DonorPerfect! :) Thank you for the great review!!!! Regards, Ellen Molon. Client Relations Specialist

TS

Tammy S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

DonorPerfect is the only donor management platform for us!

One of the Foundation's biggest fundraisers of the year is the Phone-A-Thon. In the past, we had to create a document that served as a Donor Call Sheet so our volunteer callers had the information they needed during our PAT. It was so hard to put together, and it had to be created like a mail merge - adding names, contact info, students' names, and donor history. It took days to get it together each year. We were thrilled when DP added the Info Sheet to the donor record years ago. We could use that information and pull it with exactly what we needed for our callers. Now it takes just a few hours to pull the report and print over 3,000 call sheets for our Phone-A-Thon. Thank you DP!!

Pros

Our organization has been using Donor Perfect for almost 10 years. I have had experience with other donor management platforms, and Donor Perfect is the best I have used. It's incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. The DP customer service is available online to chat or in person on the phone.

Cons

When we call or chat with customer service, we sometimes get conflicting ways to run the same reports. Sometimes one way is much easier, and the other is much more complex. We understand there are different means to get the same information in a report, but as we try to learn the method to pull our own reports, it would be nice to know we are receiving the most direct and simple way. We have had a...

JW

Janette W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great program for donor receipting

I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Pros

I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same...

Cons

The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

DF

David F.

1-10 employees

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Pros

Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas...

Cons

The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

Surprisingly Powerful

When I first joined the organization, they had been entering certain data for years but had no idea how to report on it. This was a great starting place to learn the power of the reporting feature. We also began to use Donor Perfect to track moves management and major donors, and I constantly used the platform.

Pros

After some experiential learning, I was able to capture and easily report on so much data, which made my overall fundraising and communications easier (though it never feels easy at the time). The custom fields and reporting stand out as some of the features I used the most. I was able to add up tax-deductible amounts from certain donation periods and have them reported on the donor demographic form, so I was easily able to see and report on certain specific tax credits. The general reports, from cash flow, to average gift amounts and every possible AFP fundraising metric we such as blessing - and something I miss now that I am at a new org with a different database.

Cons

While I could do donation processing through Donor Perfect, and embed the form on the page, at the time, the form was a little rough around the edges. I could match colors, but that was about it. Perhaps now there is a CSS you can paste to make it a little more seamless. It should be noted that this is a problem with a lot of donation processing pages with different database companies, in my experience.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. It's great to read all the wonderful things you say about the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

SS

Susan S.

Motion Pictures and Film, 1-10 employees

DonorPerfect is essential to my job.

Our organization is growing and we need reliable donor reporting and communications. Good software like DonorPerfect is a necessity. I look forward to using more features as our donor base expands.

Pros

I like the ease of use with DonorPerfect. It is a good value compared to other software. It is a good fit for the size of our organization. I haven't taken advantage of it yet, but I plan to use the connections they have with Constant Contact and Agile Ticketing. I think what I like best is the support. It is a must if you do a lot of reports and lists. I could not respond to the request I get without the friendly and helpful DonorPerfect phone support. Well worth the extra cost!

Cons

I would like DonorPerfect have a better search as I have to spell the name correctly in order for it to come up. It would be nice if the search brought up results that were close instead of exact. I tend to use phone support a lot for reports and lists. I don't know if it's me or if the system is not commonsensical or there are not enough stock reports.

Suan, Thank you for the wonderful review.. I am glad to hear you are finding DonorPerfect easy to use. Our support team is very knowledgeable and happy to help with report questions. We partner with and have integrations available for many different software packages. Our partners can be found at dpconnect.com. We look forward to working with you and your organization for many years! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

The reality

1. If my org is going to spend the money on this tool, then I'm going to exploit it to the value of our investment. Therefore, everyone I connect with at DP is on board to make sure I get that value and has been great. 2. My experience also includes the staff at this organization and their responses. They are continually amazed I can get the software to actually help us raise funds, as opposed simply...

Pros

It works as described. It's flexible, so I can tailor it to our work flow/process. It gets the job done.

Cons

It's a little... janky looking... like - in we're-so-cutting-edge-we-dont-waste-your-money-on-unproductive-things-like-screen-and-user-eye-flow-design. It just looks like my uncle's work-around software for raising money.

Thank you for "The reality" about DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that we have impressed you with the changes we have recently made to the system. Our clients have a big influence on changes that you are seeing. Many of the ideas that DonorPerfect Users enter into Suggest and Vote become part of the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist