DonorPerfect Reviews

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

Reviews by rating

I like the great bio and dashboards too. The processing reports are easy-to-use and very helpful.
Love how organized it is and searching and reports capabilities. Love how quickly I can pull reports.
It is definitely user friendly. They also have a great customer service who is ready to chat and provide solutions for you when you need help.
Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.
Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features.
The Change of Address (COA) feature that is an add-on completely messed up our database.

1,074 reviews

KG

Kathleen G.

Manager - Community and Alumni Engagement

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

DonorPerfect Review: Worth the Investment!

TB

Terri B.

Director of Development

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Best Value for the Money

Transcript

Terry: Hi, I'm Terry I'm the director of development. I would give DonorPerfect Five out of five stars....

Lori Q.

DonorPerfect Software is my Favorite

Donor database and tax reporting for a large volume and diverse systemic need. Reconciling accounts for different GL needs is a breeze. Customer service support as been the very best I have ever experienced.

Pros

The customer service is promptly available and is always knowledgeable and friendly. We have had much success with the Madrid of options available for services and reports. There is always training webinars available and new helpful services coming out. The web-forms are so easy and efficient for online donors to purchase tickets or make donations. The credit card processing works seamlessly with the information downloads.

Cons

The reports can be very tricky to pull up, however, there is intricate detail that can be obtained, so perhaps that's why.

Lori, Thank you for the wonderful review! Our company works very hard to meet the needs of our clients. It is a plus that the reporting feature allows for simple to sophisticated reporting. The integration of the Online forms/Processing Gateway/DonorPerfect makes the system seamless and is a big time saver! We have many partners that also integrate with the system, check them out at dpconnect - https://connect.donorperfect.com/. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

CB

Caitlin B.

Great for Non-Profits

Pros

DonorPerfect does an amazing job keeping track of our donors and their donations. I love the integrated webforms that allow our donors to easily donate to a cause they connect with.

Cons

The traditional webforms can be a bit clunky in setup, but I'm grateful it allows for more options if you know the backend workings. I'd love to see the new webforms integrate more options while keeping the customer experience ease.

SB

Sharine B.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Good Foundation, Could Use More on the Development Side

I like DonorPerfect and I'm glad we decided to go with them last year. We are going to review the price and time efficiency as we near the renewal date to see if we will continue. So far it's still better than using nothing, which is where we were before.

Pros

*Excellent training and onboarding phase *Large library of reports *"Voting" feature in the knowledge base *Lightening-fast support, even on the Payment Processing Gateway side. EXCELLENT service on the Gateway!

Cons

*Entirely too much clicking for people who know data entry *Seemingly standard features on any webform like "select all" or "clear all" are not available *Customers required to go into settings to modify defaults that should automatically be default if the developers consider people who do data entry. Example I'm thinking of is the use of the "TAB" key on the keyboard. It should logically go from first name to last name, to address, etc. It didn't so I had to place a ticket to change it in the settings. There could stand to be more thought on the development side, possibly pull in more people who are users and let them test-drive and give feedback before releasing it.

KG

Kathleen G.

Donor Perfect - Near Perfecton

Fantastic. The system is working great, and the support from Donor Perfect is unparalleled - particularly our account support [sensitive content hidden] . She is the best.

Pros

Donor Perfect is our daily driver for all fundraising, donation collecting, receipting, and processing for our large organization. We find it to be easy to use, as well as having integrated through an online knowledgebase, live chat, phone and scheduled support. The reporting makes reporting and accounting tasks simple and straight forward.

Cons

Donor Perfect, like all new systems, has a bit of a learning curve. It took a few rounds of training to become experts. However, taking advantage of the online resources and free training makes a world of difference in usability.

MT

Miguel T.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

DonorPerfect Review

I have been happy with it as I find it easy to use, intuitive, and the customer support is very good.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive, great customer support, has many useful features to make fundraising easier

Cons

I wish it had an easier way of showing constituent relationships and reciprocal relationships. For example, if I work for a school and am looking at a School Parents record, it would be nice to have a tab that would easily show who their children are and in what grade they are in .... as Raiser's Edge's Relationship tab does.

JN

Joe N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Very practical and easy to integrate

DonorPerfect is a very practical and easy to use CRM for nonprofits. It syncs up well with our accounting software. It is very simple to learn and get familiar with.

Pros

I love the integration between DP and Quickbooks. I can record donations so seamlessly and my workload is drastically reduced. It’s easy to spot errors in the CRM and correct them without creating a mess on our books.

Cons

There could be more robust reporting features. We rely on good data to drive decision making so we would like more intuitive reports.

AJ

Ashley J.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Bellin Health Foundation Grants

Pros

From my team's perspective, we enjoy that there is a component to be able to utilize donorperfect for grants management. It helps to consolidate our organizations information.

Cons

There are some ease of use issues that are unclear, and not super intuitive.

EL

Erin L.

Ease of Use with DonorPerfect

My overall experience has been one of quality and ease. DP has always made themselves available for questions and issues. I would highly recommend DP.

Pros

I love the fact that it is very ease to navigate and if I have any questions, I can easily get in touch with someone at DP that will help me to navigate through my issues.

Cons

At this time, I have not had any foreseeable issues.

AM

Andrew M.

Religious Institutions, 1,001-5,000 employees

DonorPerfect is a fantastic one-stop shop for all things nonprofit development

Pros

DonorPerfect makes it easy to see all donations in one place, to run customizable reports, to communicate with donors, to track CRM data... it fulfills everything I could ask for from a service like this.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about DonorPerfect, I think it serves our needs as an organization perfectly.

JS

Jekka S.

Donor Perfect Review

Pros

I think DonorPerfect is very user friendly.

Cons

I wish there were more in-person trainings like they used to have.

KH

Kelly H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The perfect software for us

Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

KF

Keegan F.

Donor Perfect Review

Pros

Donor Perfect is extremely user friendly. Anyone can do basic functions like looking up a donor or adding a contact. This makes it a valuable tool for development departments.

Cons

While, Donor Perfect has come a long way in the last few years, the reporting functions still are not as strong as Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge. Also, my pet peeve is you are unable to copy a gift (which is annoying when you receive the same allocations monthly).

GR

Greg R.

Why I choose Donor Perfect for our Non-Profits CRM

They are the easiest to get ahold of of any CRM I have used in the past. They are the best at getting back to you quickly off they are unavailable. They are masters at helping solve every issue have had, with exception to the donation page.

Pros

I love how we can keep track of donors and stay in touch with them through the use of the receipting process.

Cons

The new Beta Donation page is very archaic. It is not user friendly for us as a non-profit and somewhat confusing for a donor.

DM

Denise M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great Tool. User Friendly.

We previously used multiple platforms for donor solicitation, list management thank you's, reporting, etc. DP supports these needs in one place.

Pros

I have used DP primarily as a donor management tool. My colleagues have used the tool for varied types of fundraising and recently moved me in that direction. I find the donation forms easy to set up. The thank you letters set up seemed cumbersome at first, but once I "got it" it has been easy to use also. I appreciate the support received when requested. When we moved from our old donor management system, we had no one on staff who was well versed in data migration. The DP staff took extra time to help us through this process.

Cons

I have found the reports feature challenging. However, the training tools have helped immensely as has the custom training available.

SB

Scott B.

DonorPerfect is the ESSENTIAL tool for Non Profits

Pros

DonorPerfect has been essential in running our NPO for the last eight years. From gift management, monthly pledges, security of our constituents information and overall reporting, DonorPerfect is the absolute go to recommendation I make to any of my NPO colleagues.

Cons

The initial set-up is time consuming when done yourself, but DonorPerfect does have a service to do that for you.

TM

Thomas M.

Powerful yet easy touse!

The tech support is world championship level!

Pros

Over the years I have used a plethora of software. What makes DP the winner is how easy it is to customize the screens for various types of roles the various users may have.

Cons

To be brutally honest, there is a very steep learning curve. The youTube page has great tutorials and the DP User Community is a great resoirce

MK

Michael K.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

An Indispensable Tool

I use DonorPerfect every day to generate reports, record donations, create thank-you letters, and collect online donations. In short, I'm a big fan.

Pros

The longer you use it, the more valuable it becomes. While it was an essential resource the first year we deployed it, after 6 years it provides an historical record that we can use in so many ways

Cons

I still find some of the online donation and ticket forms very clunky. And I wish DP could accommodate team-based peer-to-peer fundraising.

KB

Kenneth B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

The Swiss Army Knife of Fundraising!

The user interface and dashboards let us all track our work with ease. Reports help us track our progress. Customization enables us to hear our data speak back to us in our own language based on our own needs, and the support we receive from DP is the gold-standard!

Pros

Not only does the "out of the box" version function intuitively with the core functions and best practices of fundraising and constituent engagement, but it is also easy to customize to our exact needs.

Cons

There is a learning curve with the relationship between filters and reports -- especially when complex filters are needed, but once this skill is mastered, the sky is the limit! Not only that, we've always found the help we needed from the team at DP when we run into a hurdle.

KF

Kathy F.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Thanks DonorPerfect

Pros

The features that I find most impactful are the reports that are available in DonorPerfect. It is so easy to run reports on almost anything that can be found in a donor file. Sometimes, if my report is not something that is in a DonorPerfect template, then I may have to call support. They are always very helpful.

Cons

One aspect of the software that makes it a little difficult to use are the phrasings that are used as descriptors. Sometimes they are not common phrases or mean one thing to the software designer but something different to the actual user. DonorPerfect does try to update these things, however, when brought to their attention by users.

TS

Tammy S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

DonorPerfect is the only donor management platform for us!

One of the Foundation's biggest fundraisers of the year is the Phone-A-Thon. In the past, we had to create a document that served as a Donor Call Sheet so our volunteer callers had the information they needed during our PAT. It was so hard to put together, and it had to be created like a mail merge - adding names, contact info, students' names, and donor history. It took days to get it together each year. We were thrilled when DP added the Info Sheet to the donor record years ago. We could use that information and pull it with exactly what we needed for our callers. Now it takes just a few hours to pull the report and print over 3,000 call sheets for our Phone-A-Thon. Thank you DP!!

Pros

Our organization has been using Donor Perfect for almost 10 years. I have had experience with other donor management platforms, and Donor Perfect is the best I have used. It's incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. The DP customer service is available online to chat or in person on the phone.

Cons

When we call or chat with customer service, we sometimes get conflicting ways to run the same reports. Sometimes one way is much easier, and the other is much more complex. We understand there are different means to get the same information in a report, but as we try to learn the method to pull our own reports, it would be nice to know we are receiving the most direct and simple way. We have had a...

JW

Janette W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great program for donor receipting

I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Pros

I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same...

Cons

The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

DF

David F.

1-10 employees

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Pros

Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas...

Cons

The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

Surprisingly Powerful

When I first joined the organization, they had been entering certain data for years but had no idea how to report on it. This was a great starting place to learn the power of the reporting feature. We also began to use Donor Perfect to track moves management and major donors, and I constantly used the platform.

Pros

After some experiential learning, I was able to capture and easily report on so much data, which made my overall fundraising and communications easier (though it never feels easy at the time). The custom fields and reporting stand out as some of the features I used the most. I was able to add up tax-deductible amounts from certain donation periods and have them reported on the donor demographic form, so I was easily able to see and report on certain specific tax credits. The general reports, from cash flow, to average gift amounts and every possible AFP fundraising metric we such as blessing - and something I miss now that I am at a new org with a different database.

Cons

While I could do donation processing through Donor Perfect, and embed the form on the page, at the time, the form was a little rough around the edges. I could match colors, but that was about it. Perhaps now there is a CSS you can paste to make it a little more seamless. It should be noted that this is a problem with a lot of donation processing pages with different database companies, in my experience.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. It's great to read all the wonderful things you say about the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

JS

Jason S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Donor Perfect Works for Us!

We have been able to manage our information in an organized way since transitioning from a basic CRM to Donor Perfect.

Pros

Donor Perfect is incredibly easy to use, and if we don't know how to use function, customer support is top tier. We utilize Donor Perfect to manage our donors, contacts and reporting.

Cons

Reporting took some time to figure out, but customer support was very supportive.

DL

Dawn L.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great Value and Easy to Onboard and Navigate

I came to be a DonorPerfect user after being a 7 year, salesforce.com user/administrator (enterprise edition). That being said, I have found DP to be user friendly, intuitive, and easily modified. It is reliable and very affordable. Tech support is superior and I love the user input in implemented updates.

Pros

I believe that DP is very functional and user friendly for the non-profit organization. The application is not overly robust or full of unnecessary functionality. It performs in the functions that are necessary for recording and reporting (and much more) without having to wade through a ton of features that are superfluous. Additionally, there has been very, very little downtime due to system outages, updates, and the like. Finally, I have never had a better tech support experience in the CRM industry. Every chat, call or email is responded to almost immediately, with courtesy, professionalism, and best of all, knowledgable solutions.

Cons

I would like the screens to be customizable at a user level, as each team member has their own needs from the application. At this point any changes to screen "view" are at an organizational level, therefore, we must all come to a consensus on the best screen views for the whole team. Additionally, I would like the dashboard reports to be customizable to display the information important to each user's role.