Bonterra Guided Fundraising Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.04/10

Reviews by rating

We absolutely loved the onboarding support and the monthly support we are receiving. We love how there is the opportunity to ask a question by clicking the chat box.
The best part of Network for Good is the ease of use. The built-in information tips and help guide you every step of the way.
I smile thinking about where we will be at this time next year because I know the Network for Good team will continue to coach and encourage us on towards excellence in the fundraising field.
What’s worse is that we discovered this accidentally, they already know about it because of complaints, and don’t seem interested in fixing it.
I was getting advice from too many people -- but the advice consisted of links to things that made no sense at all to me. I complained somewhat loudly about this issue.
If I had one complaint it's that the one-on-one training sessions are 30 minutes rather than 45 or 60 minutes.

KW

Kierstin W.

Donor Relations and Events Director

Good value, great functionality

Transcript

Kierstin A.: My name is Kierstin and I'm the donor relations and events director, and I would rate Network...

VC

Veronica C.

Development Director

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

My Great Review :)

Transcript

Veronica: Hi. My name is Veronica, and I am a development director for our family therapy center. I give...

Janice M.

Vivian's Door Network For Good Review

I've had an overall great experience with Network For Good. My coach makes sure that I know how to use the software to accomplish our fundraising goals.

Pros

The software is feature packed and there is great customer support. An individual coach makes the experience operating the software within the framework of your fundraising efforts is the icing on the cake.

Cons

There are a lot of moving pieces, so you have to stay abreast of the software.

JE

Judy E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Bonterra Guided Fundraising will earn you money and sanity.

Our experience has been great from onboarding until today. All staff members were able to figure out Bonterra with little to no questions from their moment of first log-in. Questions were answered as needed. No complaints.

Pros

We love this CRM. It is so much more than we expected. We are now moving more and more of our functions onto the platform. It has been user-friendly from the start and, as they add more features, it gets even better. We believe that Bonterra will be the software that is used most often now matter what the position in our organization.

Cons

We found nothing to dislike from day one.

Hi Judy! Wow - can you ever really put a price on sanity?! We're thrilled to hear about your seamless experience with Bonterra Guided Fundraising, and we're beaming with gratitude for your affinity towards our platform. It's rewarding to see your entire team benefit from its user-friendliness and continuously evolving features. Thank you for entrusting your important work to us. Here's to making an even bigger impact together!

JR

Julie R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Disappointed

Pros

ability to create individual fundraising pages

Cons

1) They are providing inaccurate data. That makes it difficult to analyze information to make decisions. 2) They know they are providing inaccurate data, but are not taking action to correct it. 3) Customer service representatives told me this has been an issue for some time and yet they are still not fixing it. They suggested I call back every few months.

Hi Julie! This is Liz with the customer team at Network for Good. I spoke with my colleague, Kristine, who talked with you about the question you had about your data. I learned that the issue you are experiencing has to do with how our system reports ticket sales vs donations that are synced from your Network for Good Fundraising Pages. Currently, the system reports the two separately. From...

LA

Lizzy A.

User-friendly

It has been a fairly easy process to switch to NFG. Great customer support. Only complain was that we had to mainly set up our direct deposit, which was a bit of a pain.

Pros

I like that it is simple and user-friendly. I have also enjoyed the customer support they have and always help and answer questions quickly and effectively.

Cons

Least favorite part is that when you set up an event, after selling 50 tickets, NFG takes $1 per ticket sold. As a nonprofit, this adds up quick for us. Although I love using NFG, if we could find another platform that didn't do this but had all of the other good features NFG has, we would probably switch to them.

Hi Lizzy, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback on Network for Good. We appreciate your kind words about our fundraising software's simplicity and user-friendliness, as well as the efficient customer support we provide. We understand that the fee structure can be a concern for nonprofits, and we value your input on this matter. I'll be sure to forward this information onto our product team. Keep doing awesome things :) - Kathleen

KG

Kathi G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Lots of Features and Ease of Use

Their training staff is exceptional, and we've really enjoyed this system over our previous one. We highly recommend Bonterra!

Pros

NFG was brought to our non-profit organization through a Jumpstart program and we compared it against the Salsa system we were using. Bonterra is much easier to use and reports are infinite - We love it!

Cons

We were gifted reduced pricing for the software the first 1-2 years, so the retail price is a bit harder for our non-profit but the benefits are much greater and we'll continue to use it

EE

Elain E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Center Point - [sensitive content hidden] found the solutions we needed in Bonterra (NFG)

I had used NFG at a non-profit I was previously employed. I asked my new colleagues to consider the Bonterra platform and they were equally impressed. It helped that I had the prior experience, however, I'm still learning, but am finding how versatile and easy to use the platform is.

Pros

--Ease of implementation and set-up --Combined tools in one platform (donor management, donor communication, fundraising campaign pages)

Cons

--Exporting of data was somewhat difficult, but the tech staff at Bonterra has been responsive in helping us work through the process

JH

Josh H.

Public Policy, self-employed

Built with Nonprofit Effectiveness in Mind

So far it has been great. I'm getting the data in a much more accurate format and feel supported in the process.

Pros

I love Bonterra's simplicity and capability.

Cons

So far, the only real challenge is the cost. Salesforce, which we switched from, had a one time fee and then it was free every year after.

DB

Donna B.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Satisfied Fundraiser

We appreciated the coach at the beginning of our joining Network for Good and now the customer representatives who help when we have a question. Overall, the different aspects of the Fundraising platform meet our needs and give us a clear picture of our fundraising efforts.

Pros

We like the ease of entering donations with the various campaigns.

Cons

The annual cost of the program is difficult for a small nonprofit.

LC

Louise C.

Bonterra - Network for Good

great experience overall, very user friendly

Pros

Customer service is very good and ease of set up for different campaigns is great

Cons

cost, limits for number of donors I can have

Hi Louise, thank you for sharing your review! Congratulations on receiving funding - we're excited to hear how your fundraising capacity grows this year :)

MM

Maureen M.

Ranching, 1-10 employees

Bonterra Fundraising Great for Company Events

Rescue Ranch is a new user for events. So far, so good

Pros

So far its been easy to use and customer support has been helpful

Cons

extra charge to use for one event a year

jf

jenine f.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

NFG has changed our org for the better!

You need to know this - the customer service we've received from Network For Good is AMAZING. I am serious! We had Neon before, and it was like pulling teeth to get ANY help. I am a customer service maven and I hated dealing with neon but I LOVE dealing with Network For Good because they help us to feel as if they value our business. The chat function works almost immediately and every query has resulted in a viable solution. What's not to love?

Pros

The reporting feature in Network For Good is intuitive and easy to use and integration with Neon was nearly seamless. We were able to cancel our email service with another company since Network For Good enables sending eblasts from the CRM - literally at the click of a mouse! And this system adjusts the profile should a donor unsubscribe. We are saving money and enjoying using this CRM - and I cannot say enough about their attentive customer service!

Cons

I'll let you know once I figure this out because I haven't encountered a problem yet!

Hi Jenine, Thanks for the review! We're excited to receive this feedback and helping you grow your good. It's so important for you to be able to lean on Network for Good support! Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Keep doing great things :) Kathleen

KC

Kathleen C.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Excellent Donor Management / Communication Software

We are very happy with selecting Network for Good. We did in-depth research and demos with 8 donor management software companies. Our team that did the research unanimously selected Network for Good.

Pros

The software provides a foundation for donor management and communication with donors. We easily loaded our contacts from Mailchimp(c) and financial information from Quickbooks (c). The system is easy to use. It notifies us when a donation is made. I can check it on the phone. My favorite feature is that donations can be acknowledged with an individual custom video, easily made on your phone or laptop and sent to the donor via text or email. Our donors LOVE this. Reasons we selected the software were it automatically generates a receipt to donors that donate online; it was easy to set up; and the cost was reasonable.

Cons

There are some missing features. I would like to be able to send a video thank you do donors. At least I'd like to save a vdeo and send to many people. During our main giving season and gala, when donations are rapidly coming in, I would have to record numerous individual videos every night. I'd like to record a video and then send. Also, I would like to generate an automatic receipt for donations not thru our website, those sent in by check that we enter into the system.

VL

Vito L.

MISSOURI DISABLED WATER SKI ASSOCIATION (MDWSA) Review of Network for Good

MDWSA is reaching more people, getting more people with disabilities involved and active, recruiting more volunteers, and receiving more donations. What more can be said. Our donors are making a difference!

Pros

MDWSA likes most if not all of the features and we're still learning. It keeps getting better. Donor Management, Email Blasts, Online Presence, Analytics are all top-level options for us. We still need to understand using the video components.

Cons

So far, we haven't found any cons with the software.

DF

Deborah F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

How Network for Good helps a small nonprofit

I am delighted to be back with NFG. I only have one place to check to send emails to donors, and now videos to thank donors. I can see who has donated and check on their past history. Network for Good has been a blessing for this small nonprofit.

Pros

In 2008 as we revamped the Ghanaian Mothers' Hope website, we realized that online giving options were a thing of the future and we needed to add an online donation page. Through my work with a Maryland NGO program, I was introduced to Network for good and their incredible workshops for nonprofits. After attending several workshops, I convinced my board that we should subscribe to NFG. The donation...

Cons

The thing I like least about NFG is the payment structure. Waiting until the middle to the month to receive payment for our donations is sometimes difficult. Also, finding the report for the payment is sometimes confusing since it is only used once per month. I would prefer our donations be more automatic. It takes a while to understand how to create good reports.

Hey Deborah, Thanks for your review! Wow, and welcome back! We're so thrilled to hear all your feedback and to be accomplishing our mission of helping nonprofits grow their good. And thank you for the feedback regarding our payment distribution. Your disbursements should be automatic via ACH, and we do have the option for rapid disbursement. I have let our team know about your request, and they will reach out soon. But we also encourage you to join any upcoming live office hours, held daily, to ask our team for more support should any of these types of inquiries arise. Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Keep doing awesome things :) Kathleen

JD

Joanne D.

Excellent nonprofit Donor software

We have the best customer service representative, she is always kind in a great mood when we call her and is very calm when we ask 1 million questions because we still don’t understand what we’re doing. However, after a minute or two or several, we have a new skill and a new way to reach our donors.

Pros

The ease of use, they offer a webinars if you don’t understand a certain option they offer, the chat in chat box, and you can always call and speak to a person which is rare these days!

Cons

Honestly, it has nothing to do with the software and more with the lack of ours in a day to utilize all of the aspects this product offers.

NS

Nancy S.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Solving Multiple Goals of a Varied Organization

We are managing regular operational donations, a Capital Campaign with donor pledges, sponsor support for specific events and memberships to the organization. All of these work well with minimal need to track anything outside the system but if we do need that, the Export and Import functions make that easy. Customer service has been WONDERFUL and very responsive.

Pros

Maintaining contacts, donations and associated communications is easy for both centralized data coordination and other users in the organization. We cover Arts, Education and Recreation so our donor base has multiple interests when supporting us. Network for Good allows us to streamline both our internal procedures and our communications processes using email and letters.

Cons

It's hard to find anything I don't like. However, the Year-End Tax Reporting provides great detail at both a summary and individual donation level. It could benefit from a "Campaign" level subtotal that would help distinguish type of donation but not result in multiple pages for our sustaining donors who have monthly recurring activity.

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Great Fundraising Tool

Implementation was quick and painless and the monthly check-ins were appreciated.

Pros

Network for Good is aesthetically pleasing and makes every effort to be clear in where data is held. The live graphics of fundraising goals and the website integration are amazing.

Cons

This is not a tool for organizing or for engaging your base.

JM

Jessie M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

NFG has changed the landscape for our fundraising!

It has been a positive transition and I do not regret moving over to this platform and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to upgrade their fundraising platform.

Pros

I love that it is a one-stop shop. I can email and manage a newsletter, run a fundraising campaign, do peer-to-peer fundraising, manage monthly donors, send and track thank you and donor engagement, and so much more.

Cons

Learning something new takes time and as a human being I want everything NOW. I have had to take time to learn the system and I am still learning.

AC

Amy C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Network for Good is the Perfect Solution for Small Nonprofits!

Network for Good is AMAZING. I am 100% satisfied with the product, the support, and the value it offers my non-profit. It was one of the best decisions that I have made to improve my outreach and fundraising efforts.

Pros

I LOVE the product and would not be able to function without it. I used to chase Excel sheets and lack donor giving history. Now, it is easy to track giving and manage campaigns. The feature I like most is the ability to create a custom video for those that support my program. The feedback I have received is very positive. The other thing that I enjoy is that the company actually makes me feel that they care about my success. Anytime I have had questions, they have been very responsive and helpful. That type of customer service is hard to come by in today's marketplace.

Cons

The initial transfer of data was a bit overwhelming. It has taken me a year to merge duplicate files, but that is a minor issue. My nonprofit has been around for 25 years when I decided to go with Network for Good. We had many different data sheets and sources. That contributed to the difficulty of the initial data transfer. On the upside, the data upload process was so simple that I was able to figure it out in minutes. Please keep in mind that Network for Good will do the transfer for you, so you don't have to become an expert if you do not want to.

Hi Amy, Thanks for the review! We're so excited to hear your feedback and ways that we are helping your nonprofit grow your good. The data migration process can be overwhelming at first, but well worth it in the end. It's so important for you to be able to lean on Network for Good support! Thanks so much for being a Network for Good customer! Stay awesome :) Kathleen

LO

Lisa O.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Doing GOOD with Network for Good

The jumpstart onboarding process, which we're receiving as grant recipients from the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust, is amazing. We know this is why we've been able to implement so many of the capabilities of the program so quickly. Our fundraising coach, [ Sensitive Content ], is an excellent match for us. We appreciate his expertise and guidance!

Pros

The interface is absolutely beautiful. We appreciate the intuitive aspects of working within the system, such as the pre-designed templates, the prompts, household linking, and customer service. We are already seeing an improvement in our communications and in our day-to-day fundraising. The video message that we can personalize and send in real time to a recent donor is a huge hit. People love that. Our newsletters look really nice when sent through NFG. It's a great product.

Cons

Creating donor contact cards with same names, within the same household, is challenging. We have to "trick" the system so that it allows us to create both cards and link them to the same household. We learned the hard way that when we send text message blasts, if the phone number is utilized by multiple people, that's how many times the text is sent to the same phone number. We serve children. Oftentimes,...

EL

Elizabeth L.

An Affordable Solution to Fundraising and Marketing for Small NonProfit

Our relationship with NfG has made the whole process of managing donor communications, tracking giving patterns, and monitoring financial fluctuations so much easier. In addition, we have learned so much already from working with them over the past couple of years. We are exciting to be entering a new level of support with our Fundraising Coach!

Pros

As a small nonprofit providing a critical service to our city's homeless and economically insecure population, we have struggled to develop an affordable fundraising/marketing plan. Our budget has not allowed us to hire either a FT or PT marketing specialist. We learned that Bonterra could match us with a Fundraising Coach who is helping us develop our strategies, prioritize tasks, monitor success,...

Cons

The amount of resources available on their site can be overwhelming to navigate. The number of options is impressive, but sometimes we need more guidance on using them. Again, however, this is where our coach will be invaluable.

AH

Andrea H.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

User-Friendly Product with Great Support

Network for Good helps our team organize and manage our donor and fundraising communications and activities. It has a wide variety of features that we use on a daily basis to help advance the mission of our ministry. I am grateful for the wonderful customer support I have received every time I call in. Keep up the great work!

Pros

Simplicity and ease of use; user interface is fairly straightforward; the ability to create donor/user-specific tasks is helpful; it's great how Network for Good integrates with our website to allow the creation of fundraising pages. I also like sending email blasts and sometimes personalized videos.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to update donor credit card information directly - this would also save time for your team because I have to call and have them do it every time. I have submitted ideas for other features, like a messaging capability in NFG to communicate with other team members about specific donors, and unlinking duplicated forms so that changes made to one do not affect the other.

Hey Andrea, thanks for the review! It's awesome to hear how our software has helped your nonprofit become more organized and efficient, and achieve its goals. As for updating donor payment information, did you know it's possible for your donors to do this through the donor portal? You can check that out here: https://www.networkforgood.org/profile/login.aspx. I've forwarded your product improvement recommendations to our product team. We appreciate your feedback and we're always looking for ways to improve our software. Thanks again for being a Network for Good customer!

MH

Melissa H.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Lifesaving

My experience with Network For Good has been smooth, simple and satisfying. What a relief! I worked with trainer [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for the first three months, and this training was more than worth the additional cost. She made sure I understood all the features -- especially the ones I would have ignored if no one had showed me how to use them -- so I now feel qualified to get the most out of what the system has to offer and confident to explore new features. I almost actually love fiddling around with my donor database now. It's fun! What used to be a nightmare is now a pleasure in my day-to-day job.

Pros

Network For Good delivers on ALL the claims they make during the sales process. It has everything I need, and nothing I don't need. It is simple and intuitive to use. It is reliable. Training and support opens doors to features I would not have explored on my own. I trust the data and the reports. Because it is so well-tailored to my small non-profit, it allows me to do so much more with the information than I have ever been able to do before.

Cons

One tiny thing -- we are located in a summer resort community where many of our donors live elsewhere in the winter, and there is not an option to track two home addresses. My workaround, however, was easy. I simply put the summer or winter address in the Employment Information section as the company address. Voila! Problem solved!

BS

Barbara S.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Network for Good for NonProfits

Pros

It is really easy to get started using NFG's resources or doing it yourself. People respond to you quickly.

Cons

I am grandfathered in because I used the Giftworks product from Frontstream. New users in my network would like an everyday fundraising page that looks like ours however it is not available to them. The everyday fundraising pages could be improved.

SW

Sylvia W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent Service

Very efficient, professional and simple to use.

Pros

Our non profit agency has used Network for Good for 10 years. We have received 100% of monies donated. Whether it was for fundraising or just a donor wanting to help, we have received donations on a timely basis. This year has been especially hard helping families due to COVID 19. Through the initiative Project Uplift program, we have been serving children, the homeless and seniors with daily...

Cons

Software is very easy to manuever. I never experienced an issue and when I did, customer service walked me through, step by step.