All categories

Network for Good

Fundraising software for small nonprofit organizations

Network for Good Reviews

Pros

I smile thinking about where we will be at this time next year because I know the Network for Good team will continue to coach and encourage us on towards excellence in the fundraising field.

Kimberly B.

The best part of Network for Good is the ease of use. The built-in information tips and help guide you every step of the way.

Philomena R.

We absolutely loved the onboarding support and the monthly support we are receiving. We love how there is the opportunity to ask a question by clicking the chat box.

Ana S.

Cons

What’s worse is that we discovered this accidentally, they already know about it because of complaints, and don’t seem interested in fixing it.

Satonya B.

I was getting advice from too many people -- but the advice consisted of links to things that made no sense at all to me. I complained somewhat loudly about this issue.

Shalom L.

If I had one complaint it's that the one-on-one training sessions are 30 minutes rather than 45 or 60 minutes.

Shalom L.

Good donor software

Transcript

Speaker 1: I'm Michelle, I'm a general manager. I give Network For Good four out of five. For more reviews...

Great Fundraising Tool

Transcript

Cassie B.: I'm Cassie. I am database administrator and design coordinator for a nonprofit. And I give...

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Good donor software

Network for Good is a vast improvement over our previous donor software. It has streamlined our donations process, clean our data, allowed us to increase monthly giving and have a more robust reporting process.

Pros

Network for Good has an easy to use reports and filters with it’s own built in email platform. They have great, easily accessible customer service. It works great as a donor database and processor.

Cons

I would like the ability to change the format of our donation page (s). While NFG is not a CRM, it would still be helpful to be able to use the groups function more fully.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

A review from someone who never writes reviews

Overwhelmingly positive. If you're a development director, at least consider looking into this software. It has made my job so much easier. I am not someone who gushes for companies or products often, but this has made my life/job SO much easier, I am NFG's newest and biggest microphone. 10/10 would recommend

Pros

The simplicity. Anyone who is reading this who is thinking of getting out of eTapestry or something because of how ludicrously non-intuitive it is, this is your software. I love how straight forward and user friendly it is. Everything just makes sense and is so easy to use.

Cons

I honestly don't really any glaring con, at least yet. It took me a second to figure out the texting aspect but doing a quick webinar with them explained everything. Every small issue I've had was easily explained by their help desk or webinars or whatever. Very easy to get help, unlike past platforms we've been on

So helpful!

I love it. Easy to use. Great insight and very helpful tips from staff! Support is awesome!

Pros

I love that the support team is awesome! I can easily talk directly to a rep rather than have to try and sift through articles. I also love the reporting factor and the insight to our fundraising efforts. The only downfall is that I wish it could work directly with QuickBooks. It would make things even easier. I know there are other software programs that do that so... pleeeeease?

Cons

No integration with Quickbooks. I would really love to see that happen.

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

To stay with NFG or not to stay... this is the question

Pros

I’ve enjoyed the variety of the e-blast templates. I’ve recently had a very good experience w/ Customer Solutions Specialist, Lenny Wrigley who helped me troubleshoot a very urgent request for one of my donors.

Cons

The poor communication between the NFG Team and the customers paying for the services. One example was NFG changing e-mail servers and not warning the good paying customers. We lost a lot of communication with our donors the day before # givingtuesday

Hi Katy, Thanks for sharing your feedback about your great experience with our support team member, Lenny! Regarding poor communication with our customers: Thank you for sharing your frank feedback. Hearing from customers is how we make improvements. Speaking of improvements... We're constantly evolving our customer communication and outreach every week. We are working on some team restructuring...

Excellent Donor Management / Communication Software

We are very happy with selecting Network for Good. We did in-depth research and demos with 8 donor management software companies. Our team that did the research unanimously selected Network for Good.

Pros

The software provides a foundation for donor management and communication with donors. We easily loaded our contacts from Mailchimp(c) and financial information from Quickbooks (c). The system is easy to use. It notifies us when a donation is made. I can check it on the phone. My favorite feature is that donations can be acknowledged with an individual custom video, easily made on your phone or laptop and sent to the donor via text or email. Our donors LOVE this. Reasons we selected the software were it automatically generates a receipt to donors that donate online; it was easy to set up; and the cost was reasonable.

Cons

There are some missing features. I would like to be able to send a video thank you do donors. At least I'd like to save a vdeo and send to many people. During our main giving season and gala, when donations are rapidly coming in, I would have to record numerous individual videos every night. I'd like to record a video and then send. Also, I would like to generate an automatic receipt for donations not thru our website, those sent in by check that we enter into the system.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

NFG is completely worth it!

NFG is not only fundraising software, but our database. It's so easy to use and really helped us keep our donors organized. The campaigns, communication tools and reporting are SO easy! And the customer service is out of this world. I also like that NFG is the software connected to Facebook and other social media platforms for their giving (like birthday fundraisers).

Pros

The software is intuitive, but if I ever need help, the customer service is superior! Someone is always available almost immediately.

Cons

I do wish there was an app for my phone. It's still easy to use on a phone browser, but I feel like an app would be easier for immediate video messaging and some of the other features.

If You Are Running A Non-Profit You Need This

OUR OVERALL EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL.

Pros

We love the feature and the professionalism of the product. Since using Network for Good’s software donors take us more seriously. The onboarding is a MUST to be successful in the implementation of the software doe your organization. Here’s A Tip: If you are camera shy let that go take it from us or donors and member LOVE the videos. JUST DO IT!!

Cons

The only CON I have with the software is the price. We thought it was a bit pricey, but we do not see how we can go without it, so we are strategically making sure when it’s time to register we are ready. Save Up and JUSY DO IT! Plus with each donation check there is also the opportunity to apply for a grant.

Network For Good Doing Good for Jacksonville Historical Society

We have improved donor management with these tools.

Pros

Contact management; communications; campaigns; reports; easy integration.

Cons

Would like more user control over text in forms generated by NFG, such as the automatic donation acknowledgement, which begins "Hi!". We prefer a more formal address to our constituents.

New NFG Customer

Overall, very good. Much easier to use than most comparable products. Intuitive and well laid out. Easy navigation and easy to create multiple campaigns as ways for people to give.

Pros

Really intuitive and easy to use interface. Pretty simple to jump right in and figure most things out. Integrates well with online giving to make data management seamless. SImple communication options makes it easy to track letters, emails and texts.

Cons

A few small features not really available or easy to do. Need a set field where it is simple for a donor to ask to be anonymous or be identified differently form their name, rather than having to create custom fields. Need a way to easily establish membership categories as most museums have membership as a type of giving. Need ability to "invoice" a donor to make it easier to just send out an email with a click to pay option as done in square.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Good software with one-on-one coaching

Overall, I'm beyond satisfied with this product and I feel that the value of the product I receive is well worth the cost. I would recommend this product to others, especially individuals who are responsible for fundraising or donor tracking. This product is comparable to other software products and better than most.

Pros

This company offers personal coaching for non-profit users to best utilize the software to get the most benefit for your dollar. No matter what size company, this software can be personalized to fit your needs. The value of the software is determined by how the software is used. I prefer to implement just this software for all my needs and I eliminated spreadsheets, paper files, and all other reporting systems.

Cons

There were a few times that I needed to contact customer support and the hold time is sometimes a bit long. I wish there were more training resources for users to troubleshoot on their own.

Hi Leslie! Thanks for your review! We're so glad to hear you like working with your coach. :) I hear your feedback about customer support. We do have in-app messaging that tends to work well for most customers and we are working on making sure we keep the phone volume as low as possible. Furthermore, our knowledge base (when logged into donor management, click Help in the top right corner) is full of resources that we hope you'll find helpful! Thanks for the review and the feedback the review and the feedback! -Liz, Customer Success

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

From Rookie to Professional during a pandemic!

When we signed on with NFG, I had no Donor Management Software experience. I was the definition of a Rookie! In addition, our organization was small, but growing rapidly, and the donor records were not in the best order when I joined the staff. The task to get it all organized and ready to upload in the system was the hardest part, but the NFG team was encouraging and helpful. Our initial contact list...

Pros

First and foremost, we love the customer service and support team! They make you feel at ease from the start and they walk you through the entire process. We love the webinars, resource library, video message feature, built in email system and the text-to-give feature. The task bar keeps you on track and the Activity feed allows you to see what your team has been working on if you need a quick reference.

Cons

Because there are so many features, sometimes I forget how to navigate to something. This is more due to my "Rookie" status, than the software.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Software is software but what makes NfG different is the people

Excellent and easy deployment.

Pros

As with any software we do run into problems from time to time. What we have come to depend on is that everytime we run into a problem, we get a solution from the support team. In terms of functionality, the things we like the most are: - Email toll is easy to use, setup and send - Ticket Sales - We are a community center so pre-COVID we did lots of in-house events, and post-COVID we now do lots of virtual events. Its been great for both uses - Creating Donation Pages - The WYSIWYG editor is intuitive and easy to use. Setting up new donation pages takes just a few minutes! - End of Year reporting - Pretty self-explanatory - Quickbook Integration -

Cons

There are a few features, and I would really describe it as bells and whistles that would be nice to have. But value to feature to money it really is tough to beat Network for Good.

So Impressed with Network for Good Software

Excellent experienc for all of these! As a person with NO EXPERIENCE at all in any type of Donor Management system, it was quite easy for me to get started, and then with the incredibly helpful support staff, I am growing in my capabilities and understanding of the depth of capabilities in the software for all of these things: Donor Information Management Donor thank yous - so easy Donor Information analaysis - amazing tools, and custom selecting for emails/annuncements etc. Newsletter design capabilities Email design and sending capabilities Text capabilities Information feedback from outreach materials. Pretty much everything is great!

Pros

When I was walked through the introductory DEMO, and purchased the softwared I had NO idea how advanced it is, and the many options it has. Not only does it effectively and efficiently track donors, allow deposit into your bank account directly, it provides incredible analytical tools and outreach capabilities. The email, text, and Newsletter capabilities are so professional and are so well organized....

Cons

Review capability of email blasts. but this is a tiny tiny thing. It is awesome.

How AWESOME is that!

In my experience, the donor staff often serves dual or multiple roles, breaking in a new system generally requires more time that you already have so little of. This was a huge factor in decision making for me, NFG doesn’t have a steep learning curve and their support to transition is the BEST. I’m well acquainted with the “Blackbaud’s Raiser Edge and e-Tapestry”, as well as others and unless you...

Pros

Everything! Set up was a breeze and with NFG I could hit the ground running

Cons

Haven't found a con yet, NFG suits our current needs perfectly

Reputable website among active donors with dinosaur functionality and page design.

Pros

For three years, I worked at grassroots nonprofit that has been around for more than 2 decades. Network for Good was the donation service we used to accept all online donations. Trusted among lifetime donor/philanthropist types It seems like many boomer-aged donors who have been engaged in long-term philanthropy are familiar with and trust the website. Donation Pages: Donors can indicate...

Cons

The interface for customizing donation pages was truly terrible. Even though Network for Good provided design template options, it was very challenging to make the text appear on the page as it was supposed to. You had to go through like 10 different screen categories, in order, and fill out little forms containing the information that you would want to be displayed. When you specify donation amounts,...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to use and time-saving donor management system

Our small nonprofit struggled with finding a way to manage our donors and Network For Good (NFG) provided a perfect solution. The amount of time I save with the software automating many of the data entry I used to do manually is incredible. That it is cloud based and multiple users can access means that I am no longer the only person who can access our financial numbers and donor contacts, so the bookkeeper and key stakeholders can access the information they need without having to go through me.

Pros

-Time saving through data automation -Ease of use, both for understanding the system and navigation through the pages -Quick response from customer support << so important! -Willingness of customer support to take suggestions to improve the database -The increase in donors selecting options that directly increase giving, specifically paying processing fees and opting for recurring donations, is...

Cons

-The emails sent through the database using Constant Contact aren't completely customizable, I would like to have the link color be controllable so our visual branding is consistent across platforms. -The two portals to access the NFG websites (donor database and the dashboard for our the account) were difficult to differentiate at first since they both open to a dashboard--it took weeks for my people...

Great Fundraising Tool

Implementation was quick and painless and the monthly check-ins were appreciated.

Pros

Network for Good is aesthetically pleasing and makes every effort to be clear in where data is held. The live graphics of fundraising goals and the website integration are amazing.

Cons

This is not a tool for organizing or for engaging your base.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

NFG has changed our org for the better!

You need to know this - the customer service we've received from Network For Good is AMAZING. I am serious! We had Neon before, and it was like pulling teeth to get ANY help. I am a customer service maven and I hated dealing with neon but I LOVE dealing with Network For Good because they help us to feel as if they value our business. The chat function works almost immediately and every query has resulted in a viable solution. What's not to love?

Pros

The reporting feature in Network For Good is intuitive and easy to use and integration with Neon was nearly seamless. We were able to cancel our email service with another company since Network For Good enables sending eblasts from the CRM - literally at the click of a mouse! And this system adjusts the profile should a donor unsubscribe. We are saving money and enjoying using this CRM - and I cannot say enough about their attentive customer service!

Cons

I'll let you know once I figure this out because I haven't encountered a problem yet!

Excellent Service

Very efficient, professional and simple to use.

Pros

Our non profit agency has used Network for Good for 10 years. We have received 100% of monies donated. Whether it was for fundraising or just a donor wanting to help, we have received donations on a timely basis. This year has been especially hard helping families due to COVID 19. Through the initiative Project Uplift program, we have been serving children, the homeless and seniors with daily...

Cons

Software is very easy to manuever. I never experienced an issue and when I did, customer service walked me through, step by step.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Incredible ROI with increased funds generated and time saved

The COVID-19 crisis has created new challenges for our organization financially. NFG had created a step by step task and template for the #GivingTuesdayNow national fundraising event on May 5, 2020. It was too easy to not take advantage of the three simple steps with the templates they had created and a few extra images I grabbed from Canva. With less than one hour of work, we raised $19,400 over 3 days.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use have had a tremendous impact on our ability to function more effectively as a small development team. We spent two years trying to muddle our way through ETapestry/Blackbaud's tools. The NFG platform is very intuitive, and even our less tech-savvy support has been able to jump in and work in the NFG system. It has also been very useful in helping us to sort out duplicates and update our contacts. We have not tried the Quickbooks integration yet, but it was a factor in our decision to move forward with this product.

Cons

There are fewer integrations with other systems at this time, for example, SurveyMonkey.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Extremely satisfied with Network For Good!

Our small nonprofit has benefited greatly by using Network For Good. It is the perfect fit for our growing charity. We started using it simply for receiving online donations, and now we use it for event management and donor database management. It has been a great experience since we began using NFG three years ago. We have just started using the Donor Database Management tool, and it has made this year's donor outreach extremely easy. Because of this new tool, we have a handle on our donor information in ways that we have not been to before. We have no complaints whatsoever about Network For Good.

Pros

NFG is very user-friendly (both on the donor and nonprofit ends). The few times that we had support issues or questions, they were answered immediately with total professionalism. Donation pages are extremely easy to set up, with clear instructions and tips along the way. The feedback from our donors has all been positive. The team at NFG is professional and efficient. We have enjoyed a very positive relationship.

Cons

Honestly, we can't think of anything negative. Any problem we have had has been remedied immediately and professionally.

Switched from another system that I used for 10+ years

Just blown away at the onboarding process and the support team. Responsive and kind - two things that seem to be harder to come by in the world right now.

Pros

The customer service support and training to get set up and learn the system was exceptional. I like how easy it is to acknowledge and there is an option for doing a personalized video thank you and eblasts.

Cons

Just learning something different from what I have used for 10+ years. There are a few small things I have provided feedback on that would make data entry more efficient, but other than that very pleased.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

It's not just the database; it's the people behind it!

From the first phone call to NFG I knew I was dealing with a very special organization with some very special people. I mattered; my organization's needs mattered; what I had to say mattered. And that has continued from that first call through every single call with every single person at NFG. We're a small organization and so this had to be something we could manage in house and that made sense...

Pros

It's a donor relationship manager. It's not a sales tool that we'd have to customize for dealing with donors. It's intuitive. It's easy to learn. It makes sense for the way we interact with our donors and supporters.

Cons

I haven't found a con except that, as an early adopter, all of the features aren't yet optimized - but everything I need to do my work now is already live and working!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Can't say enough Good about Network for Good!

We have been able to fine tune our donor base and communicate with donors we thought we had lost. In addition, the built in communication tracking is wonderful. We can see who opens what, when, and what they click on.

Pros

What's not to like? Customer service is one of the best in any CRM/Donor management I've ever used. The product has a ton of features and ability to communication through video, text, email, and direct mail.

Cons

I would like the query feature to format into a "report" look. I have to take the queries and then format them before sharing with teams. Folks like a report to look like a report rather than excel sheet. Also would like to be able to do more with households.

Awesomeness of Network for Good

Thank you notes are easier to write because of the templates. Network for Good guides me through the process of gathering donors, recording, tracking, and growing our business.

Pros

It is user friendly with videos to help me learn how to use it.

Cons

The cost compared to other products we have purchased.