ParishSOFT Reviews

Pros

I have worked with the system about 2 years and have been pleased with the ease of using it. The documentation and tutorials were most helpful in learning the system.

Antonio R.

MC

Margie C.

My overall experience has been very positive. It was a majoy improvement over out old system, and I am very pleased.

TY

Terri Y.

Cons

At first we had a hard time with lag times to get online. The systems was slow and frustrating.

CL

Catalina L.

It was difficult for me as I am not very computer savvy. Some things still are difficult for me to figure out such as reports with specific data.

BM

Beverly M.

I find it frustrating to have to "buy up" to another level to be able to utilize the information we gather and input for specific reporting needs.

MJ

Mary Jo S.

My experience with parish soft

Transcript

Catalina L.: Hi, my name is Catalina. I am the director of religious education for a church, and I give...

ParishSOFT Church Management

we keep track of parishioners and their tithing with vary little trouble. we can even email right from our list that we can create .

Pros

Parishsoft is vary easy to use and very helpful if you have trouble.

Cons

sometimes we wish we could create our own list, but they do have several to pick from and it does work out .

ParishSOFT is easy to learn and use

I do enjoy using ParishSOFT as I realize my job would be LOTS harder without it. I can just type things in and print up reports without having to be all that computer savvy.

Pros

I use the Offering Module most, but I also use the Family List, and I find them both easy and intuitive to learn and use.

Cons

In the Offering Module, I use the Quick Entry to enter in the individual envelopes. I wish there was a way to tell what fund the entries are being entered into without having to click on the gear or wait until I go to print the report. It is too easy to make a mistake and enter envelopes into the wrong fund. Maybe the lettering can be a different color other than green, or maybe an indicator could be placed before the envelope number on the far left, or by the trash can on the right.

Good company

The customer support is always willing and able to help with any challenge that I encounter.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Reports are the hardest thing to figure out. Sometimes the software boots me in the middle of a project.

ParishSoft

We use ParishSoft for all accounting for all diocesan parishes, works well to have all using the same chart of accounts and software. WE are able to assist parishes with their accounting questions.

Pros

user friendly

Cons

difficult to get changes made, we work around this issue (ACA reporting requirements as an example)

A Gentle and Soft Review

Pros

I appreciate the ability to check on parishioners from the three churches so easily as well as the students in the Religious Education/Faith Formation programs and the ability to run the various reports with varying degrees of information

Cons

Sometimes finding an individual child whose last name is different that the family name was a bit more difficult for me. While I tried using the search feature, that did not always give me the results that I was hoping to have in trying to find out the parents of the said child using the child's name.

PS Review

It has been good. Easier than the previous PS.

Pros

Customer service is the best there is. They are always there and willing to help answer any and all questions.

Cons

Have some trouble figuring out filters.

ParishSoft

Pros

It wasn't too difficult to learn when I first started using ParishSoft. It was easy to navigate through. I like that I can input that data for a family all on one page.

Cons

I did not like that it doesn't show the funerals on the family details page. You have to go to an entirely different tab just to get to the funerals.

Parish Soft Family Suite SSTMCC

Pros

very easy to navigate through the Family, offering & religious ed tabs.

Cons

I don't understand the querie section as well as I should. Always have to ask for help

Long time user

I live the software and the Customer Support Staff. They’re very smart, yet patient and professional.

Pros

We started with the desktop version and switched to the web version a few years ago. I like the interface, ease of use and the ability to use a scan gun to enter envelope amounts into the system. The web version allows staff with either a MAC or PC to work from home.

Cons

At first, the web version was very slow, but that has been fixed. Making customized reports could be simplified

Easy to use!

Pros

Easy to use but protects info from unintentional errors when rushing or not paying close attention. Training videos are easy to understand and informative.

Cons

It was difficult to find the training videos at first. I kept looking in the help section not realizing there was an alternate site.

Terrible product

Pros

The precursor to this product in desktop format was simple and efficient. If the company revisits its history it might be able to build a useful product in web-based format.

Cons

This company is operating hopelessly out of its depth in attempting to offer a web-based product to thousands of users. The basic platform is primitive and not customizable even for the simplest of interfaces. As other users have stated, there is a maddening 10-15 second delay from entry to response in every data field or request. The lag increases on Mondays presumably due to the higher volume of entries. The company recently shifted to Microsoft Azure, but it hasn't improve the response time at all. The customer service team is friendly and professional but incapable of solving the basic issues. I would definitely consider other options.

ParishSoft Review

fantastic

Pros

The ease of use and the many option to use.

Cons

There was nothing I could really say I did not like about the Software

Decent Software Overall!

Pros

I love how keyboard friendly it is! You can use shortcuts through out your time using FamilySuite on a daily basis, and that makes the task go by much faster.

Cons

Pulling reports is not very efficient. There is not much in the way of filtering them, and I wish I could pull detailed reports based off of a time frame instead of just the batch name. I also wish that you could save your preferences in the Quick Entry Posting.

Love ParishSoft!

I've had a wonderful experience with ParishSoft and the ParishSoft customer service is great!

Pros

I love that I can keep all my Religious Education information in one place and that it's so intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

I wish I could enter my adult Religious Education in it as well.

Parish Soft

Sometimes I find it difficult to put in the correct words when searching for help on some aspects of the program

Pros

I really love the ease of using this program.

Cons

There are times when doing a "search" it is not easy to find the issue that you are dealing with. I wish there would be a variety of terms used that could lead one to the correct part of the online manual.

Parish Soft program

We use Parish Soft to track donations and are now using the religious Ed program.

Pros

Parish Soft software is a great program and their customer service is super. I’ve used this software I three different parishes and have helped others in using the system. EOY letters are so easy to produce

Cons

The one drawback is that I haven’t had time to use all the features.

Your request for a review!

NOT GREAT, FRUSTRATING AT TIMES! The majority of staff would agree this has not been the best experience for us, minimal training, the majority of us learned by trial and error and, thank God, help from the wonderful Support Staff!

Pros

Once we became, somewhat acclimated, the Family Suite was fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

The written procedures are not always user friendly, too lengthy, sometimes too technical and also time consuming to read/ copy. One Support Rep told one of our volunteers, " think like a computer." Really? We are not computers, we are humans, some of us older adults with not that much 'techie' in us. All offices should have a hard copy of anything pertaining to the jobs of posting offertories, how to pull different reports and adding new families to Family suite, Sacraments, etc. We have struggled over the past years to find things we need to try and do our jobs. THE SUPPORT STAFF IS TOP QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE!

User Friendly and Intuitive

I am very pleased with our migration to ParishSOFT from our previous software. It's lightening fast moving within the platform. The report writing ability meets our needs.

Pros

We had been using a dinosaur software. ParishSOFT Family Suite is a breath of fresh air moving us into the 21st century. It is easy to navigate, intuitive in design, and has plenty of reporting capabilities for all our needs.

Cons

The only thing I could recommend changing is that when a spouse/household member is inactivated (e.g., death, divorce, separation), to have the Family Information page be updated automatically OR at least be prompted to make necessary changes on that page, too.

Use

I got notices from the US Postal service about address corrections needed and I go into ParishSOFT and enter the correct information. It would be nice if when put in zip code, it will enter the postal code extension automatically. Thank you.

Pros

I like that we can put all our parishioners in one system and to easily retrieve specific information when needed

Cons

Need API so that when the person enters into our system, it can be automatically uploaded to ParishSOFT.

For the most part it is easy to work with

I enjoy working with ParishSOFT except I need to improve my skills on it.

Pros

The continuity of the program and the helpfulness of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when I need help.

Cons

Losing my password all the time! I don't know what else to write.

Wish we had another option

The Archdiocese of Boston has selected Connect Now (the web based program from ParishSoft) as the database management system for all parishes within the Archdiocese. As one of those parishes, we have been very disappointed with this product. First and foremost, it is extremely slow! Tech support at ParishSoft and within the Archdiocese continually try to make this a customer issue (you need more...

ParishSoft Great Tool

Ease of use, intuitive, user friendly.

Pros

The training was excellent. All the follow up on any technical issues were quickly resolved. Tech support is excellent and responsive. Having access to the training/demo database to “play” and test study materials is another great feature.

Cons

Right am having a tech issue where is get logged out while trying to enter new registrants for our program. Again the tech support first in trying to resolve the issue and then determine it is a software/programming issue has been great

Gina's Review

Its been positive, especially the staff.

Pros

Ease of the Quick Entry Posting and printing of mailing labels.

Cons

The software takes care of all my needs efficiently.

Easy and effective software

I am no longer on staff at the Church so I no longer have need of the software. It did exactly what I needed it to do when I was employed there.

Pros

I liked how I could set up a query and have it give me the exact information that I needed.

Cons

I only used a limited amount of it's capabilities so I am not aware of any deficiencies in the software

ParishSoft Review

People are more able to track their giving through the reports and can go online to make a donation to the church through ParishSoft. Unfortunately we only have 3 people utilizing this service.

Pros

I like keeping batches to account for the income through the offertory report. Customer service is knowledgable and help with issues.

Cons

I do not like constantly having to sign back in. The program signs you out after a certain amount of time.