Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.53/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The support module is an excellent source to find out how to use features. The features of the software are great and I love the fact that our webpage is integrated with our software.
The fact that it's very user friendly, tech support is amazing and a good value for the money.
Awesome software/platform and look forward to using at all our future self storage facilities. Great customer service and vast array of services that can be customized to our needs.
An example of nonsense: The navigation section under the page titles are a mess. When you're on the dashboard, it displays "HOME/REPORTS/DASHBOARD", why is it under reports, first of all.
They even explain what I did wrong so I can easily fix future mistakes.

Easy Storage Solutions users...

QuickBooks Desktop Pro-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks Online Advanced-logocaret

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Storage Commander Cloud-logocaret

Storage Commander Cloud

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

How would you rate Easy Storage Solutions?

Great, easy, reliable

Transcript

Tyler: Hi, I'm Tyler, and my title is operations manager in the real estate industry, and I give Self...

Awesome customer service

I use it daily to manage 2 storage facilities and will soon be adding a third. This software makes it easy to keep everything we need in one place and not have to login to the other facilities separately. I feel like I'm a pretty experienced user with this software.

Pros

The best part is the exceptional customer service they provide if you have questions. With the ability to now have multiple facilities with 1 central login, it makes having more than 1 location a little easier.

Cons

Some of the reports don't provide the information needed. Also the mobile platform could use some adjustments.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Them!

Ease of: use, transferring of customer's records from a previous software, top notch customer service and portability of being able to access anywhere

Pros

How easy it is to use. We're all about keeping things simple and this product helps us stay true to task!

Cons

There's a couple of features I'd like to see a little more adaptable such as being able to set a few more parameters for some of the reports that allows us to print as well as offering a "to do" list capability for each unit that shows in their record as well as the task management system and which also allows us to print.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a 48 thousand square foot facility with over 400 units including outside storage. We have used QuickBooks for 17 years. Being "old school" we wrote payments on paper, gave copies to the bookkeeper and she posted payments to QuickBooks. We continually had posting errors, report errors. etc. Then the real nightmare happened. We lost 6 months worth of client payment history due to human error....

Good platform for remote management | Could use some work

They have a lot of experience an have a good start on what a good backend platform for storage units should be. I can't wait until they get there.

Pros

It was super easy to set up and the team behind it is great and very responsive. All I had to do was give them information and they set up practically everything for me

Cons

I wish the backend was cleaner and had more options (especially on the web design side). There are quite a few inconsistencies and things that don't make much sense. An example of inconsistency: when making a new customer, you must enter an email address for them in order to complete the form, but when automating the input with a .csv file, the email is NOT required. An example of nonsense: The navigation...

Works great for our needs

We took over a company that already had this software in place. We received very little, if any training, and it was easy to figure out and we keep discovering more and more reports available online that gives us invaluable information. They are consistently updating their program and trying to make things even better. They have been pretty good to answer our phone calls and get us the help we need in a timely manner also.

Pros

Easy of use and the cost.

Cons

The fact that you can't add and delete entries with whatever date you want. The date is always current, so you can't correct errors too easily without it looking a little confusing.

Not impressed

The business can keep running after our emove disaster.

Pros

I am a bit surprised at all the excellent ratings and a I am a little concerned for giving it a less than glowing report. I am not sure why everyone thinks this software is so good and wondering what am I missing. It does the job, but in my opinion it really does not offer anything to earn such glowing reports.

Cons

It's confusing. It is not an all in one program. You need to have a totally separate company for processing payments, which also costs a lot. This software does not function as an accounting program. They sell that service separately from what I understand. Instead of crediting a charge you simply void it. The reports are limited and quite terrible actually. Most do not sort and only download to a PDF or CSV document. They probably offer a separate report writer for another charge if you desire better reports. They do not offer any financial reports at all other than the management report which is not professional or good quality. Lets just say it is not what I expected and I have been very disappointed in it.

Irene, Thank you for leaving us feedback. We genuinely appreciate the opportunity to improve our software. We have a long list of suggestions from our users that we review and use to update our software. Currently we are working on creating better reporting functions in the software. In addition, we are currently working on making it so you can download your reports via CSV file or PDF. You can void charges if you wish, but there is also functionality to be able to credit a charge. If you would like help doing this feel free to call us and we would be happy to help! Finally, if there is anything we can do to help improve your experience please reach out to us! Thank you for your business and your feedback!

Very Happy with Easy Storage Solutions

Pros

I used to use SiteLink. Good program but costly. A lot of bells and whistles I didn't really use or need. Then I switched to WebSelfStorage. The price was right but I found it difficult to use at times. It wasn't very intuitive and making certain corrections was nightmarish. I wanted to customize certain things but the option didn't exist. WSS only works well on Internet Explorer with a fairly...

Cons

I haven't run into anything that doesn't meet my liking.

Storage Software

It is a good software program and they do up date it several times a year.

Pros

Kept up with my customers storage payments and late fees. Provides me with billing reports lost revenues, availability to let me know of empty storage units, and customers on waiting list. The ability to let customers login to their accounts and rent and pay storage bill online. These are just a few things that this software does for me. It does a lot more.

Cons

Doesn't provide me with age trail balance that I'm used to.

Great service for the money

Easy way to manage my biz...

Pros

Price point is rite on, and seems easy to use, very customizable, people are great to work with too.

Cons

What out! These guys are shady.... storage units near me is a good way to get ripped off. Read ALL the fine print.

Hi Mitchell, We're sorry for your confusion about that service. Easy Storage has had a lot of requests from our clients that wanted help finding potential tenants, so we (Easy Storage Solutions) started an opt-out service to list all facilities that use our software on our Nation Wide Search website called, "Storage Units Near Me" Storageunitsnearme.com. We don't charge for leads, all leads are...

Excellent solution for self service storage

Easy of use, implementation, intuitive and well designed customer interface, and simple to manage.

Pros

We operate a small, 138 unit, self storage facility and Easy Self Storage goes a long way in automating many of the process steps we require. If you have a question, you reach a someone who works for ESS (not a call center) who can answer that question quickly.

Cons

ESS provides a package of offerings to complement the self storage software solution, but feels like there are different mini-companies operating together. It would be good to have these rolled under one operating structure to provide consistency. They are all good, but 'feels' different if that makes sense...

It really is easy

With this software I don't have to worry about checking or changing someones status when they are over due, the system locks them out for me automatically and that is such a relief.

Pros

I love that I can easily adjust anything on the page and our website. I can change letters that get sent out to customers, add new types of rentals. There are just so many things about this software that make it user friendly I can't even say enough good things about it

Cons

I have only been using the software for about a year, so I haven't run in to anything yet that would cause me to have an issue.

Very glad we switched and have been happy with the services provided.

Pros

Easy to use software allows you to navigate thru the system quickly. Able to handle our large number of facilities. Website and software are linked and allow customers to see up to date information and access their accounts.

Cons

Limited capabilities in some areas, but anytime a suggestion is offered, they look into seeing if it can be implemented into their software.

Thank you for the review. We're happy to take any suggestions from you and our clients to make our software better every day!

Great Company to work with.

The representative and the entire team at Easy Storage Solutions are true professionals! They are always available and working to improve their product line. I recently added a fifth facility to their platform and will continue to work with them in the future. This is a perfect platform for a small business owner. I look forward to them improving the functionality to better support reporting for multi facility owners.

Pros

Web based - easy to use on phone.

Cons

Need more functionality for multi facility reporting.

Thanks for your review, and your suggestions, William! We appreciate your business!

Truly a Godsend

Pros

Simple, even for a computer dunce. It makes life so much easier for me as well as my customers. Invoicing, reminders, unit layouts, you name it. Had one customer who owns storage elsewhere that told me, as a consumer, he loved it, and how does he get this! Hooked him up with no reservation about it. I've enjoyed my usage of this product. And, the best part- it's helped me streamline my op and ensure I get the payments accurately!

Great Software

I am very happy with the software. Installation could have been better (more guidance). The software is very effective once in place and I would highly recommend. The support staff is also great.

Pros

I like the software does nearly everything i need it to do to manage my business

Cons

I wish it had a mobile app to manage remotely without having to use a browser.

The software was easy to set-up and implement.

Pros

It is easy for customers to rent a unit over their phone. It is also easy for me to make changes over my phone.

Cons

Cannot import to QuickBooks without using the web based platform. The financial reports are not as detailed as the ones we received from WSS. It would be nice to have a breakdown of revenue by unit type. The yearly report could provide a lot more detail. It would be nice if it had a unit breakdown, retail sales, and lost revenue. It always reverts the state back to Alabama...this is more of an annoyance. If you run a payment under the tenant it does not remember the last payment form used. However, it does when you run under the Dashboard.

Hi Kelly! Thank you for giving us your feedback with specific suggestions on what would help the software work better for you!

Using Easy Storage Solutions has increased our gross revenue by 8% without adding or changing fees.

Pros

Customer support is very responsive. There is always a cheerful, helpful person to answer my questions. The software is easy to use and offers all the features I could ever think I'd need. We have increased our revenue by 8% after using it for just one year. Potential clients and existing tennants can now take care of lots of things on their own (like initiating a rental and paying their rent). I also love the waiting list feature. When I got ready to prepare the facility information for year end taxes, I was completely organized - thanks to the software.

Absolute "Must Have" for any Self Storage owner

This software is my most valuable "employee", simply could not run my business without them.

Pros

I simply could not run my business without Easy Storage Solutions. The features and ease of use are ideal, service is exceptional and the team is constantly releasing updates to make the program more intuitive and improve functionality. Exceptional software at Any price....and affordable enough for even the smallest "Mom and Pop" operation.

Valley Storage

I think mostly is the communication with our renters is the best. With good communication this covers any problems that may go for an extended length of time which costs money. Great for looking up the History, making a phone call and documenting it in there History so when you go back to that person you see exactly what you have done and/or sent. This is what I mean about communication, especially Iam the manager and the owner can look at anyones History and knows exactly what has been done.

Pros

From website to deposits with so many useable reports. The automation of email reminders that go out automatically. The late fees are automatic and can be tailored to anyones business. Going from pencil and paper to this software was simple and quick, 130 units and we were up and running in two weeks. Easy to comprehend the the common sense logic behind the software. The support is the best!! no dumb questions, one time she actually said. "There is no such thing as a dumb question these are learning moments" . That is the way anyone wants to be treated.

Cons

I can honestly say. I have not found anything. Any problem I have had there was always an answer.

Good company for the money.

At first I was nervous about getting involved with another software company after selling my business of which I purchased over 50000.00 in software and continual costly updates. Needles to say easy storage solutions has worked very well for me as in labor cost and accounting along with ease of use.

Pros

The ease of use, no employees needed, it seems to be updated regularly.

Cons

At first the company was hard to get issues resolved but that seems to have improved, such as phone calls.

Very Easy to Use

I looked at a lot of different programs when we were starting our 1st storage facility. Everyone was very expensive and did not provide online renting. Start up expensive and ongoing also costly. We were up and running very quickly and integration to processor and gate was an ease.

Pros

The software is very quick to learn. Our customers comment on how easy it is to rent online.

Cons

No clear way to put recommendation in Que for changes that would enhance program

This is the most helpful software I have ever used!

All my info is in one place and I don't have to worry about losing it.

Pros

It keeps all the data and payments so you don't have to worry about losing your info and also the tenants can pay on line, rent on line, taking credit cards is a very big plus!

Cons

That we didn't have it years ago, I have no issues with the program, the customer service team always helps me out with any problem or questions I might have.

Easy Storage Solutions, not so easy

It's been a rough ride but finally getting the hang of it. Also ESS is constantly improving, taking advice from their customers.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the layout of the software is fairly easy to read, legible. Also, I like to the customer service is team is knowledgeable. They are there to help solve problems.

Cons

The least thing that I like about Easy Storage Solutions is that their customer service is only available Monday-Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 MST Saturday: Closed Sunday: Closed. I'm located in California. Also, something else I dislike is when making notes under individual notes, you have to make sure to click on create note or it they do not save, and notes can be deleted, once saved,(forever) by anyone.

Hello Hope! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We genuinely appreciate knowing what we are doing well and how we can improve. We wouldn't be where we are without the valuable feedback each of our customers provide! Thanks again!

Happy Camper

Since I am not very tech savvy, I found the software very friendly. Any time I have a question the solution is only a phone call away.

Pros

After being totally frustrated and staying confused when I began to manage/own my first facility using Quick Books software The interduction to Easy Storage Solutions was a gift from Heaven. I found it extremely user friendly as a senior adult.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult figuring out who I should talk with to solve my problem or question when dealing with several services I am signed up with. Example, software, website, marketing, Google, etc.

Very happy with this software and with the excellent support team.

Pros

Easy to learn and to use. Very logical user interface. Great search features to quicky get to customer accounts. Easy to train employees on the software. Also love that the Easy Storage software team listens to feedback and continually improves the software by tweaking features and adding new features. Great value!

Cons

Thanks, Faith! Let us know if you have any issues by calling our support line at 888-958-5967.